TheMoniker plays Death or Glory

TheMoniker

He didn't tell me about the personality change and didn't have me make a separate portrait. I'll see what I can do about another mug for her though, since I'm working on revamping her mug anyways~

Really I'm planning on revamping most of the mugs, but I have to prioritize newer folks first c:

Of course. This is still an early version of the hack, I can forgive all the little things.

Hello everyone! Time to dive into...

Death or Glory: Episode 6: Chapter 5: Part 1: Silvatica is EEEVIILLL

xcAKsuZ.png

We spend the first turn just moving, and then the fighter attacks us. I don't have time to visit the house right now, I'll do it later.

M5j9hnN.png

He's already being a better myrm!

FoHWj6o.png

Defense! I will take this, thank you very much!

gUe5HVN.png

Donwick, please get some better levels.

Oz1RnQu.png

Oh?

93PaAfB.png

This dialogue isn't included in the notes. Basically, it's "Hey! Personal guard! Get out there and make Boor proud!"

loR5eSk.png

And they do. A soldier, archer, merc, and myrm.

BHfYPNj.png978AE1a.png

I thought they were the slaves, and am confused when they have good stats and good weapons, not the least of which is the Blood sword(WHY CAN'T IIVARI HAVE ONE)

wi6hV9o.png

We're moving forward, but it looks like plenty of enemies are headed the way of the bottom group. They only have three fighters, which could be a problem...I'd best move the top group forward sooner rather than later.

WDzrx9C.png

They're fine for now, of course.

neWeS39.png

Dangit Melanie! You NEED good levels! And STRENGTH!

58YlZ2c.png

Uh oh. That's quite a few enemies.

hh4bbZC.png

You can hold out Ragnar!

uvzKfMm.png

Meanwhile, Abner is of course being amazing.

UbjmXFs.png

Houston, we have a problem.

gBV7y00.png

This ISN'T a problem! Rinoa's running out of levels, she needs to make her last few good enough to last!

xuaXMn5.png

Donwick's tanky, but not that tanky, so these guys have been slowly chipping him down.

zZPjGy3.png

The top group is moving forward, but not fast enough...

EdCwaIZ.png

Agro is NOT HELPING THE SITUATION.

jd1TcAJ.png

Thank you, Ragnar! I'm glad you're taking this opportunity to improve yourself!

MTt0K9t.png

Uh oh. One of the personal guard mooks from earlier has a reaver!

ZDNE2s5.pngDaKXAGf.png

Agro gets insanely lucky and doesn't die to a crit.

14bB0mr.png

Rinoa gets hurt, but she's fine...for now.

gsvx7pE.png

Oh hey, the boss is saying something.

E8XL5DO.png

Red derp #2468- Sir?
Boor- Arm the slaves. If they refuse, you have my blessing to start making examples.
Red derp #2468- At once, Commander.
Then we scroll over to one of the other forts. No, this isn't a repeat of the civilian gimmick.
PTU9ZGN.png
Red derp #2468- Shut ya trap!
(Mil steps forward)
Mil- Tell me!
Red derp #2468- I said shut it!
Red derp #2468- Listen up, slaves! You’re all to be armed and join the battle.
(Enter Mil)
Mil- No! We will not be stolen from our homes only to die fighting for you.
Red derp #2468- Heh. Boy, we are quite happy to crucify those who won’t comply.
CRUCIFY? Seriously?
Red derp #2468: Perhaps that older man in the corner would volunteer? Or maybe the child clutching at her father over yonder?
(Mil takes a step back)
Mil- . . . Tell me where you took my mother and I’ll do it.
Soldier- Sure, boy. Sure.
(Exit Soldier)
DQfKB1O.png
Mil- Do you remember that man you healed? Do you remember how his children wept? I would give anything to feel that warmth again.
So, this is intended to give you a hint as to who can recruit him. It sort of works, but I think it could stand to be a bit more obvious.
0Px0jj2.png
And the slaves are...mages, That's right, the Silvatican army is using slaves as it's entire magical force!
nTvVH6M.pngSANmzLc.png
Hurrah! They're resisting!
Anyways, this is another text bit not found in the dialogue notes. Basically, the red soldier is all "TIME TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE" and then...
oLfM34M.png
He uses his amazing 0% chance to murderize one of the allies.
(really like that blue palette, but this is the only time we'll see it sadly...)
QdvwEvM.png
The other guy is convinced to fight for the enemies(and no, we can't convince him back).
vsG1H0d.pngbkaY5Rj.pngyez1w4T.png
Mil of course gets angry, but he was smart enough to stay on the fort so the soldier can't 0% crit him.
qVf6ud0.png
Looks like the soldier from the events is still hanging around...
oaB8NPE.png
If we flew down and killed him, according to someone else's bug report, it would break the eventing and the game would crash. So we won't do that.
x4MNLAz.png76X0ihT.pngRiXIGMO.png
Mil is our first offensive magic user, and he is actually pretty powerful. Good bases and good growths means he won't be too weak at the start, and he'll catch up fast.
82jUwyX.png
Nazurites have their own description, and they're pretty tough but nothing too special to speak of. Most of our units don't have great RES, but their low attack means they aren't too dangerous.
AgM6MfM.png
Dangit Iivari! Don't be reverting to bad on me now!
EQPZM2V.pngZTK9Br8.png
This guy gives us a huge text dump on history, which AGAIN was not included in the notes. From now on I'm gonna screen the notes and note down stuff that isn't in there, so you guys don't have to miss this IMPORTANT PLOT DEVELOPMENT!
pcpRniA.png
So, these guys are in a lot of trouble.
QJUd9aW.png
I get myself in an impossible situation and savestate, making Iivari re-get his level, and it's MUCH better. He is forgiven.
Also, 10 defense myrm. Wow.
JtfFE6h.png
YOU FORCED ME TO DO THIS GAME
YOU FORCED ME TO DO THIS REALLY WEIRD DEFENSIVE POSITION
CW9V9cI.png
The defense was timely, but it wasn't enough...
jg1AthB.png
To save him from the myrm's crit. Which luckily didn't happen.
ZUa89kr.pngzAKfAWp.png
Another un-noted conversation, two new enemies come out and they're like "OOOHH YOU SUCK SO HARD WE'LL HANDLE THIS"
r1x8hec.png
And then Mil turns green and the injured soldier leaves. However, we're almost there so it's not like he's really in trouble.
I honestly think this event could stand to be moved up a turn, Would make it harder to protect Mil and make it harder to break the eventing(even though it's a band-aid fix).
NC4l8iq.png
The good news is, Ragnar's squad finally stopped getting pounded! They ultimately won! Good job, team!
LpP1OHm.png
Iivari cleverly blocks the armor from reaching Donwick or Melanie.
xwcTB1a.png
So the soldier goes for Kai. Neither of them actually attacked Mil, the person they were supposed to be surrounding.
yaMYvg8.png
And then Rinoa gets hit by a stupid ballista.
qMD9kA7.pngwDaJAOY.png5OCsaII.pngP8CDCG3.png
Will we do better next time?
z14pIqt.png
Hint: Yes.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"OUR KNIGHT HAS 12 DEFENSE WHICH IS REALLY BAD FOR A KNIGHT"

"THEIR KNIGHT HAS 12 DEFENSE WHICH IS SUPER HIGH FOR A KNIGHT"

sorry, just noticing that :P

That's because Player-controlled units are generally supposed to be superior to enemies. Plus, Donwick is currently only slightly tankier than Iivari who is a class that's not known for it's defense..

Welcome to Fire Emblem: First World Problems edition.

I see you finally recognize the power that is the Tank!Myrm. Part of what makes him my favorite character.

Yeah, as Extremekiwi said WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPERIOR

Not to mention, Donwick doesn't have a fort.

Death or Glory: Episode 6: Chapter 5: Part 2: Luck and Life

k4R5UzE.png

Uh oh, looks like some reinforcements spawned when I wasn't looking. And they're headed right for Mil!

JjUg4ph.png

Level 18...

LgVjnM1.png

Well, the two groups have just about united. Now to push forward and beat that boss!

5aw3oMG.pngr5uRS10.png

Nazurians so weak

ctL7hz3.png

Even Mil can beat them!

Tnwj44t.png

Although, on his turn he switches to the less accurate thunder, which was a bad idea.

YuoOgrm.png

These shamans are so slow.

0N49sHF.png

Strength and defense! I'll take it! ...Then again, it's not like I can NOT take it.

e7rj2eP.png

Kai "facetanks".

buGKcyv.png

BUT HE GETS HIS REVENGE

VmrVDOt.png

AND a beautiful level!

5D1UVBv.png

There's lots of enemies over that bridge, and more reinforcements came, but for now let's recruit Mi-

H431aUy.png

Oh, what? Ragnar can't do it.

97Ox9S4.png

Donwick can't either! The only person who wasn't in range is Sylvia... If Tero is required to recruit this guy I'll do HORRIBLE THINGS.

8h582Ub.png

This ballistician is kinda restricting our movement. I'll show why in a bit, but for now, we gotta move back and get Mil out of there somehow.

SMCtNKV.png

Oh, RINOA is the one to talk to him? Huh.

lXNGvtE.png

jM4bp1b.png
(Mil steps back)
Mil-. . .
Rinoa- Child, would you answer a question?
Mil- Please don’t look at me. . . I can scarcely stomach this as is.
Rinoa- . . . Do you truly wish this?
Mil- Of course I don’t wish this! I don’t want to hurt anybody. I just. . .I. . . Please look away.
Rinoa- Hush, child. I will not raise my hand to you.
Mil- But I must do this. They’re watching me.
Rinoa- There isn’t a thing you must do, child. Your life is your own-
Mil- But it’s not my life! I have to find her.
Rinoa- You would kill for this person?
Mil- Yes. They won’t tell me otherwise.
Rinoa- . . . Would the person you seek have you kill?
Mil- She. . . No. No she would not.
Rinoa- Tell me who it is you seek?
Mil- My mother.
Rinoa- And those you fight with, they would give her whereabouts?
Mil- I don’t know. At the moment they’re the only lead I have.
I somehow doubt they would...
Rinoa- . . . My name is Rinoa, child. Would you come with me?
Mil- No, I can’t. I can’t just leave without hearing what they have to say.
Rinoa- Is that what you truly believe, child? Deep within your heart?
Mil- . . . I don’t know what to believe.
Rinoa- I will ask you again, child: will you come with me? I will do everything within my power to find your mother.
Mil- . . . Okay.
hVdEc94.png
And thus Mil is on our team now!
OrTk6YN.png
Okay, hopefully this formation stems the tide of dudes.
md9sPJo.png
Mil is fine, but...
vFsla7l.png
One of them gets Abner.
Okay, let's rearrange an-
nBDYyyF.png
Dangit!
8h9sA1a.png
Uh...maybe now?
tggqYkn.png
Iivari uses his uber defense to only ALMOST die instead of dying. Great job!
3qUqXlK.png
We lived!
lxImpNu.png
I honestly think the soldier's dodge animation makes the most sense out of all of them.
hhOT0Z7.png
Thief level...but, the Res is nice.
bxKplBN.png
Mil gets his first kill as a blue unit! Excellent!
vqYEpBk.png
Eh heh...heh...
Wil3zls.png
Come on, get some magic...
y08XKGp.png
Oh, nice! See how that female archer moved? She could have gone in the ballista, but she chose to charge instead for some reason! Now we don't have to deal with it!
Z2LWkxm.png
I guess everyone has to get an "x-class" level sometime.
IecLEkd.png
Magic! This isn't a BAD start, I guess...I want some speed though.
03vcS75.png
Kai gets in the ballista. As you can see, they got LOTS of buffs. More Mt and double the uses! And they're almost never in a position where WE get to use them.
Hx5n0Za.png
This one's great for chipping the boss, though.
rFxG8b2.png
Boor: Hah! Did you enjoy slaughtering all those innocent lives?
Yes.
ECC2daK.png
Mil- . . . Where is she?
Boss- Pah! Do you think I care about one lowly slave? You could beg and blubber, but I’d not say a word.
Mil- . . . Then you will burn.
y0JKUk9.png
As long as we keep him equipped with the Glam(rescue shenanigans), he won't counter our 2-rangers, but he's healing back damage almost as fast as we can deal it.
gnuKv2b.pngea9JztR.png
Uh, I can't BELIEVE I forgot to visit this house for so long. Unfortunately, it is ALSO not in the notes, but it basically describes that Urien(Zerenus king) is a total pervert.
Okay, let's use Ragnar to-
nROHW2L.png
Hey! That isn't Ragnar!
3ZnWzNN.png
Uh...
Okay, so, I think this is a glitch with the game. We weren't supposed to see that text yet. So, uh...pretend it never happened, okay? You didn't see anything.
1LdopJU.png
YOU AREN'T MAKING THIS EASY RAGNAR
jPMVXZh.png
Mil fi-
JhCSOVv.png
-finishes.
0qorGz5.png
Boor- I-I. . . I failed?
fhSsgLQ.png
OH YES! Forget that other level, I think Mil's gonna be JUST FINE.
I'll push out the conclusion soon...

The CHAPTER 5 CONCLUSION!

GQu8ZZc.png

Ragnar- . . . No. The men need rest.
Donwik(Smile face)- . . . Aye.
Ragnar- . . . Did you see them, Donwik?
Donwik- Those in the rags?. . . We didn’t have a choice, Ragnar. Don’t let it weigh on you.
Ragnar- . . . One had a familiar crest on his back.
Donwik- Oh?
Ragnar- . . . I think they were Nazurian.
Donwik- It seems unlikey Nazura has allied herself with Silvatica. I’ll admit they’re close- separated only by a mountain range- and have had peaceful enough relations, but they’re scholars, Ragnar. Nazura has never fought in a war. Hell, they’ve been neutral territory since they were granted independence.
Ragnar- And I agree. But, Donwik, did you see their faces? Gaunt and starved. Half of the men were old enough for retirement. I think. . . I think they were being forced.
Donwik- With how Silvatica has been behaving lately, I wouldn’t be surprised. . . I’ve heard rumor amongst the men that Silvatica is dealing in slaves.
And it's entirely correct. So, this is how the dialogue goes if Mil wasn't recruited:
Ragnar- So it would seem they’reforcing slaves to fight?
Donwik- . . . This really is war.
Ragnar- No. Once we reach the capital we’ll have a taste of true war.
But instead we get this dialogue:
yhzJdRZ.png
Ragnar- How fair those that were injured?
Rinoa- Mere scrapes and bruises now, sir.
Ragnar- Good. . . Who is the boy?
Rinoa- He-
engoBzg.png
Mil-You’ve been kind to me, but this was my journey from the start.
Donwik- He’s a mature litter hopper, I’ll give him that.
Ragnar- Yes. Tell me your name, boy.
Mil- It’s Mil, sir.
Ragnar- Okay, Mil, explain this journey of yours.
Mil- I am from Nazura. Most of those in rags were as well.We were. . . slaves. Not that it matters now. I should’ve done something-
Ragnar- Don’t. Their lives are on my head and my head alone.
Mil- . . .
Donwik- Continue with your story, pup.
Mil- . . . We hold an annual festival in Nazura-
Donwik- Aye! I’ve heard of the fireworks! Some have said the mages can fashion the explosions into anything.
Mil- Please, sir, you’re making me homesick.
Donwik- My apologies.
Mil- . . . As I had said, the date was drawing near. King Iiro himself always made an appearance, and this year was no different. . . Except, I never saw him, and neither did anyone I have talked too since. I did see one of his generals, however. It was a woman. She arrived with a large contingent. . . and at the time we thought nothing of it: the king had always moved with a large entourage. And that. . . Then . . .
Uh oh...
Ragnar- If it is too painful, Mil, you need not speak it.
Mil- . . . We never fought back, but the city ran red for a full day. Come the end, my mother and I were amongst the several hundred left. We were shackled and taken.
So basically, Silvatica brought a military force into Nazuria, no one thought to do anything about it, and then they attacked and murdered everybody, then made the rest into the magic-using force for their army. As I said, the reliance on physical users at the start of the game was a plot point, and as the hack moves on Silvatica will get more types of units for their army, presumably by conquering other nations who specialize in those units.
Donwik- . . . And soon after you were separated?
Mil- Yes. I’ve been searching for her since.
Donwik- And you would have us find her?
(Rinoa swaps with Mil)
Rinoa- Mil hasn’t asked that. But, I will. Would we be able to find the boys mother?
Donwik- Rinoa, you know that we haven’t any time to spare. The entire nation of Azalia will be slaughtered without our help.
Rinoa- You’re happy to turn him away, then?
Donwik- Don’t make me out to be some monster! It’s not as simple as that and you know it (Downcast face)
RDuH5pE.png
Donwik- What?
Ragnar- I said we’ll find the boys mother.
Donwik- You know as well as I do that we don’t have time for it.
(Mil swaps with Rinoa)
Mil- I’d not ask you to make a sacrifice for my sake. I can find her by myself.
Ragnar- No. I’ll not leave you like this. . . No-one deserves to be alone at your age.
Rinoa- What of Azalia?
Ragnar- Guntram’s there, I doubt he’ll fall so easily. For now though, Mil will travel with our troop.
So, we aren't gonna go on the "Find mom" sidequest YET, but it will happen eventually.
Mil- I was trained as a mage, sir.I can read and cast the arcane with great proficiency. . . I was the top student in my class (Toggle smile)
Ragnar- Seems we’re fortunate to a have amage like you on our side then! Rinoa, would you see to the boy for the time being? Show him all that needs showing?
Rinoa- Of course. Come, Mil.
Mil- Yes, ma’am.
(Exit Mil and Rinoa) (Ragnar moves to face Donwik)
Donwik- . . . I feel like I should apologize.
Ragnar- Don’t. I was letting my personal feelings sway me.
Donwik-And I’m glad for that. You made the right decision. I can feel it.Lets move.
And then there's one more scene... Removed if Mil wasn't recruited.
xJdAdJd.png
Ragnar- I do. . . How could I not?
So, this is supposed to imply that Guntram/Ragnar have a past, presumably for sort of the same thing as he's doing with Mil right now.
k4gmoAa.png
That doesn't sound like a good chapter name!
NEXT CHAPTER: Some BS Happens

The CHAPTER 6 PRELUDE!

TCy684p.png

Well, let's hope we can relieve the pain with MURDER!

IxO53ZU.png

Ooh, more of this guy...

Drogan- You sent for my report.
EVIL BAD GUY- Oh, yes! Of course. Does it not deter you, Drogan, knowing that I already know all that you would tell me?
Drogan- . . . I would not say no to your commands.
EVIL BAD GUY- That’s good. Very good, infact.
Drogan- May I perform my order, then?
EVIL BAD GUY- Of course. Speak all that would be spoken.
ikc2Dft.png
Important updates! That's a lot of settlements. Luckily, we don't have to do a chapter for each.
32dGt6W.png
SHEESH! Those are some big numbers!
Drogan- prepared. In two days’ time we will begin the full assault on the capital. For now, however, I have my elite troop whittling away Guntram’s Dragoon unit. I hope that their morale shall drop and their leader will become desperate.
EVIL BAD GUY- Then you will strike? Slaughtering everyone in your path until Guntram is alone and vulnerable?
Drogan- Yes.
EVIL BAD GUY- Marvelous! How far you’ve come, Drogan. How far you have come.
Drogan- . . . Thank you, Your Majesty.
EVIL BAD GUY- And what of our wily Ragnar?
Drogan- There are reports of his platoon marching the main highway. Soon he will come upon our force. . . I would capture him, if you allow.
EVIL BAD GUY- No. You will let him reach the capital.
Drogan- Your Majesty?
EVIL BAD GUY- Do NOT make me repeat myself, Drogan. He will reach the capital, he will see his precious general, and he will be witness to all that shall occur. If he is stopped from that. . . I will take your head.
Drogan- I apologize-
EVIL BAD GUY- And, of course, I will have Zidar eat your heart from your living and breathing body.
Drogan- I-
EVIL BAD GUY- Dismissed.
Drogan- . . .
Well, that's kinda interesting(understatement!).
R1lhG95.png
Drogan teleports in and walks into this building...
v4UKPty.png
Drogan- As expected.
Chapter boss- Would you have us take him?
Drogan- . . . No. Ragnar is to be allowed passage.
Chapter boss- Are you sure-
Drogan- Ragnar is to be allowed a path to the capital. However. . . he must not realize he is being given so.
Chapter boss- Sir-
Drogan- His companions, though. . . you may do with them what you will.
Chapter boss- Of course, Lord Drogan.
Drogan- I have business elsewhere. Do not fail me, Captain.
(Exit Drogan)
Chapter boss- Soldier!
(Enter soldier)
Red derp #4998: Sir?
Chapter boss- Ready the men. Ragnar is to be pressured, but allowed passage. His followers may be dealt with in whatever chosen way.
Red derp #4998: Yes, sir.
(Exit Soldier)
Chapter boss- . . . Pah! Forget that pompous Lord!(Toggle smile) I’ll take that Ragnar’s head if given the chance.
S9IBNhn.pngdxythfk.png
And then dudes from the forts come and go everywhere.
tZoctuD.png
But suddenly...is that the merc talking?
lfWc7Cl.png
Nope, it's a greenie inside the fort.
Green derp #102: Damn them all.
kdeRPvh.png
MeUcymK.png
He's slowly moving to the left throughout the whole conversation. It's actually a pretty good way to show that he's injured.
Then we cut to Ragnar and Donwick...
There was a scene where a green soldier exited the fort the merc was standing on, ran to where we are, then collapsed. I didn't screenshot it fast enough, unfortunately.
Fnd0p6y.png
Donwick- I should’ve taken some armor off!
Hah.
Ragnar- We’re nearly there. It’s another two miles ‘till the capital.
Donwik- We ought to slow the pace, Ragnar. The men’ll do no good if they’re exhausted.
Ragnar- . . . True. Signal-
Ragnar- Did you see that, Donwik?
Donwik- Aye. ‘Twas a man hitting the dirt.
Ragnar- Come. Let us see who he is.
Sy3357F.pngXHQGVxO.png3pMO7j2.png
Donwik- He’s beaten black and blue.
Ragnar- But he’s breathing. Soldier! Can you hear me? Soldier!
vmc4tCM.png
Was this guy part of Ragnar's platoon? Or is this just to show he's an Azalia soldier?
Ragnar- Yes. What happened?
Soldier- Silvatica, sir. They’ve taken Dahlgar.
Donwik- Dahlgar?
Ragnar- It’s the closest outpost to the capital. They’re mounting the assault.
Donwik- Then we are too late?
Soldier- No, sir. General Guntram mounted the defenses with lightning speed. They’ve been at a stalemate for the past two days.
Ragnar- . . . Go to my platoon and seek out a cleric named Rinoa.
Soldier- Then, sir?
Ragnar- Take one of the horses and ride to Zerenus. Her king will grant you what men he can. And for the Gods sake, do not bring them straight to the capital.
Soldier- What would you have me do, sir?
Ragnar- Rout the Silvatican forces amongst our settlements. Once they’re retreating or wiped out, you will also retreat. The capital will hold out far longer than an invading force with no supplies.
Hey, I guess that's good tactics, but I somehow doubt they'll work that well...
Soldier- At once, sir!
RraKppD.png
Chapter boss- Hmm. . . They took far too long. Something slowed them down.
Soldier- Sir?
Chapter boss- Your original orders will suffice, for now. Dismissed.
END DIALOGUE
p9yYiIJ.png
Here we go! This chapter is actually sort of easy, presumably due to the story, but that doesn't mean you can let your guard down, as we will see.
oF8WGDW.png
10 units again, which means now we have to leave Tero out. It's nice to have someone to dump.
hJmPPwI.png
Here's the position. We're gonna split into two groups, one heading straight up and one heading left then up.
Starting the battle...
T7SLir4.png
Ragnar- Yes. I’ve never seen it so empty.
Donwik- . . . The air is thick with tension. I’d say each Silvatican in there is ready for a fight.
Ragnar- And we will bring it to them.
They aren't even in the fortress, they're outside it!
f3dSVOm.png
Mil- Sit amet . . . vos omnes exstinguet! (Latin for - may the magic consume you all)
8QghnNW.png
Okay, this might LOOK like a lot of enemies, but once we start killing some off it'll look like a lot less.
jGu9cz2.png
Apparently the mages are just labeled "Silvaticans" now. Are they still from Nazuria?
2HScEX1.pngiN6QWDE.png
The mooks are level 6 now. That's still a few levels below us, but they've definitely been getting stronger.
2TOuRQD.png
What, another one? Couldn't I have a statbooster or something worth stealing instead?
4Ww25sA.png
New icon.
e2Q2wh6.pngfmu36M0.png
He's tough, but he doesn't have the crazy defenses of the last two bosses, and...no 2-range option. Regardless, this doesn't mean you can just idly chip him down, as we will see.
NEXT TIME: Lots of Reinforcements

Come on guys, I need entertaining comments to respond to!

Death or Glory: Episode 7: Chapter 6: The Road to DEATH

aszbO1A.pngsGb8aEA.png

We begin with Abner doing a nice dodge, and Mil gaining a meh level. As long as it has magic I'm okay with it, but he really needs some speed too.

tVrt4aK.png

STRENGTH

TAKING IT

PXkLz3Y.png

The groups have split up!

HLoTgdl.png

Hmmm...that bridge may be a serious obstacle...

k2QFLbt.png

This fighter won't be, though!

leZqolt.png

AND THEN THIS HAPPENS

0ZQnL1L.pngaNtd0zU.png

Poor Mil...

i3tDf86.png

So, I do things again and he uses his pointer finger to not die.

RL9SUh2.png

Uh oh. Lots of enemies are heading for the smaller group, which isn't what I intended.

PG8RDHt.png

The female merc has a slightly altered sprite and a really, really weird palette. It's like their outfit is made of patchwork.

3VB7uW5.png

We clear out some enemies and...wow, the map sure looks empty now!

TN7xkGq.png

ONE-ROUNDING

This is pretty special right now, but as time goes on we'll be able to do it more...I hope.

b8rS823.png

DEFENSE! SPEED! BEAUTIFUL!

YVOjtIC.png

Oh come on! You're supposed to dodge the axes!

On player phase, more people arrive from the forts. Also...

PsH4gFQ.png

Red derp #5,002- Bandits, sir! They came out of nowhere.
Red derp #5,003- Then, I assume that they’ve been taken care of? Ah! Of course they have, why else would you be here.
Red derp #5,002- . . . Sir, I. . . We . . .
Red derp #5,003- . . . You’re telling me that reinforcing this insignificant post was more important than SECURING THE DAMN ROAD?
Red derp #5,002- I was only following orders, sir! I swear too you! Some of us were sent to the capital for help-
Red derp #5,003- And why the HELL are you here?
Red derp #5,002- The captain felt that he had sufficient men to hold them. We few were sent here.
Red derp #5,003- . . . Bah! Bandits! Dirt licking dogs, all of ‘em. How could they stand against a well-trained Silvatican? They wouldn’t, I tell you. They wouldn’t.
Red derp #5,002- But there was one, sir. . . a red-haired man. . . He was something else. The size of the axe he threw around! I saw him collect five men on it in a single sweep!
Red derp #5,003- Hah! You’ve let your head run wild boy! Now get out there and fight!
Red derp #5,002- Sir!
Well, THAT was an interesting conversation. Is there gonna be an event later in the chapter?
IA5lcK2.png
Magic! Speed! Great!
E3epnNg.png
Everything but strength! Not sure what to say! Probably still great!
15bIFaw.png
Dang, a merc had a Khanjar! Darn!
EpqLo5Z.pngVrKuVKn.png
The knights at the bridge are proving no major obstacle.
2usjx3S.png
The other group isn't doing that badly either.
2qcr4uf.png
When suddenly, this guy arrives!
Friendly bandit- Mayhap I’ll find an ally for my brothers here.
FzEuLGc.pngBtbRO2A.png
No, his name isn't Everglow. He's actually a GENERIC, even though he's almost as tough as our guys. It will make sense soon, don't worry. But for now, he's gonna make a beeline for Ragnar, and you have to make sure he reaches him.
piaM5g6.png
Once we destroy the enemies near us, there won't be much left...hopefully.
HdV2SKq.png
MORE ONE ROUNDING
KZvBddN.png
Heh heh...ah...
tJ8Y6eQ.png
He's apparently heading upwards...hopefully those forts don't spawn cavaliers...
hL4AzsU.png
Speed! But Kai, I'd like you to continue getting strength, because having a strong archer is awesome!
yFfyGBg.png
Defenses are nice, I guess.
CzCyHHn.pngjnzDfRU.png
And that's all for Rinoa. Her stats are kinda bad for a level 20 unit, but I guess it's to be expected out of the first healer. If we DO actually get a promotion item, I won't use it on her unless I have NO other candidates.
69Z092D.png
Man, I got lucky quite a few times this chapter...
rZBZf3g.png
Oh...more reinforcements from the forts and boss area!
mi443yi.png
That's...that's not even good enough to be called a thief level! Dangit, Abner!
fZF61td.pngreS7F8S.png
Sword users on both sides not acting like sword users!
VugP8Fp.png
Okay, luckily those forts didn't spawn anything, so we can talk to this guy!
TgjxdVy.png
Ragnar- Aid? I would have your name first.
Bandit- Feddick of the Everglow.
Ragnar- The Everglow? . . . You’re a bandit.
Bandit- And what if I am? This country is still my home as much as yours! Surely Silvatica has brought us together under a common banner?
Ragnar- . . . I’d have never thought that your kind would offer such insight.
Bandit- Hah! I happen to be the best.
Ragnar- Then tell me what aid you seek.
Bandit- Aid. . . More to say I ask that you fight quickly.
Ragnar- Hm?
Bandit- Further ahead – perhaps a league – my brothers are holding a Silvatican contingent from the capital. Soon, though, I fear that they will fall.
Ragnar- I see. . .
Bandit- I beg that you don’t take our past lives into account. We’re doing good now. Protecting-
Ragnar- Very well.
Bandit- Sir?
Ragnar- I will spread the word that we’re to aid our new allies. Go, Feddick of the Everglow. Go and aid your brothers. We will be there as soon as we can.
Bandit- Gods bless you, soldier. Gods bless you.
a1GDuQs.png
And then the bandit leaves. I guess that dialogue was kind of interesting, the bandits teaming up with the local defense force out of necessity. It's a bit of a welcome change from the usual treatment of bandits in every hack/FE game ever.
Also, there IS a time limit for this chapter. This is the only indication that it exists, and the dialogue for the end of the chapter will change based on how fast you go. And if you take too long, you lose a very valuable reward. The problem with it is that there's no indication of exactly how long you have, and it's easy for a player to get complacent and not hurry, and they won't know they failed until it's too late. There should be a better indication of exactly how long you have.
rV3n1jE.png
Hey Agro, could you get a point of resistance? Please? Or maybe some skill? You haven't gained RES OR SKILL for 9 levels, and we recruited you at level 2!
2GCN0nW.png
A myrm level. This guy really needs some strength!
NFVcsqb.png
EPIC DODGE
1Y3sC6W.png
Hammer t-
9JmWeZK.png
WELL. NEVER MIND THEN.
54oPM5O.png
FIRE TIME INSTEAD
PI8EivN.png
Dangit Mil, where did the greatness of your first level go? You NEED to be good!
EZPJC6c.png
This guy still has no 2 range option. But because of the aforementioned time limit, you can't sit there and chip him for a million years.
kG4vOcY.png
This is if he fights Ragnar:
Sev- . . . You are Ragnar, correct?
Ragnar- How do you know that?
Sev- Questions are for those who would benefit from answers. You, however, will soon be a dead man. Tell me what benefit a dead man might gain?
Ragnar- . . . Very well.
And then once Kai is done...
vGy5oeD.pngvcoJR4B.png
REINFORCEMENTS COME FROM EVERY POINT ON THE MAP. AND HERE'S THE THING. EVERY SINGLE WAVE THUS FAR HAS COME ON PLAYER PHASE. BUT THESE ONES?
They come on ENEMY phase.
Just...
Why?
lMCQwd9.png
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
DInwSKo.pngvfe60Qy.png0WC9r0N.pnggzRMgDZ.png8lCCyr1.pngYjcQhYh.png44CxS4m.pngShrfDOv.png3t2h4g9.png1tBnEfb.pngCdmhK6q.png6M8AkVc.pngSdc35ab.pngSW81TEK.png
AND BECAUSE OF THAT I HAD TO SCREENSHOT THIS INSANELY LONG DEATH QUOTE
Yeah, that's totally BS. Please change.
7WCCp9e.png
HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS ENEMY PHASE MAGES? HUH?
VhJAR7j.png
IT WORKED! WE LIVED!
PWNtgBX.png
We get to killing them off, Man, these cavs are tanky!
6vs7Efm.pngo7BkVBr.pngh3oHJTY.png
AND THEN EVERYBODY DODGES
Uyeh4JL.png
And Vidar gets strength.
yT2pIAp.png
This guy is HARD to deal with! He just dodges everything! Beating him in the time limit almost requires RNG abuse!
tZHkrjB.pngv1lqzPN.png
It JUST KEEPS HAPPENING for a while...
ptutW9i.png
But eventually I SOMEHOW manage to win.
lELC6jl.png1aImazi.png
And we don't even get a good level. Please Mil, at least get some skill or defense or SOMETHING!
WL5hH37.png
Well, time to leave this BS-hole.

The CHAPTER 6 CONCLUSION!

So, after seizing the gate we're treated to...

2Wf4wfR.png

A TYPO

Donwik- Aye, we’d best continue on.

aiYpx30.png
Ragnar- Is this one of the guards?
Tero- Yes. He is one of the few who were captured.
FDEM9gL.png
Ragnar- You have failed no one, soldier. Not yet.
Soldier- Sir?
Ragnar- Yourself and the remaining troop are too hold this outpost. Soon, Zerenus will be coming with reinforcements. They do not know we took a post. . . I did not expect us too.
Soldier- You would have me ride out and meet them? Inform them of the turn?
Ragnar- Yes. If you would, soldier.
Soldier- Of course, sir!
j0ndo0o.png
Ragnar- We march to their aid, and pray that we are not too late.
I think you get this text even if you didn't talk to the Everglow.
vVl26cY.png
Tero- It’s not the same though, Vidar. Not the same at all.
Ragnar- No, it’s not. It hasn’t been since we left.
Vidar- Let’s change that, Lieutenant.
Tero- Lets drive these bastards out, sir.
Ragnar- Would you both call me Ragnar? This may be our last time together, and I’d not have titles between those I see as equals.
Tero is NOT your equal!
Tero- Gladly, Ragnar.
Vidar- Hah! Let us bathe in the blood of each Silvatican pig we can find, Ragnar! For Azalia!
SCBVvWg.png
Ragnar- I wouldn’t want him too.
Tero- Goodluck to us, Ragnar.
PTuNv75.png
Actually...
Anyways, if Tero and Vidar are dead:
(Enter Tero and Vidar)
Ragnar- . . . I want you two to stay here.
Vidar- What?
Ragnar- You’ll only get in the way. Both of you can hardly ride, let alone lift a weapon.
Vidar- So? I would die before I let a Silvatican run without seeing my face.
Tero- Me. . . Me, too, Ragnar.
Ragnar- I can’t lose you both for good, okay! Please. . . please just stay here. I will grovel on my knees if I have to. (Downcast face) I couldn’t. . . Please. Please stay here.
Tero- (Eyes closed). . . I understand.
(Exit Tero)
Vidar- You can’t- . . . I won’t- . . . Argh! Fine!
(Exit Vidar)
Ragnar- I love you two like brothers. . . I’m sorry.
Kinda sad...anyways, if Tero died but Vidar lived:
Ragnar- . . . Tero, I want you to stay behind.
Tero- No! I’m not staying here and letting you both leave me.
Vidar- You’d die in there, Tero. You can’t even lift a weapon.
Tero- I don’t care! Okay? I’d gladly die in there.
Vidar- You’ve grown, Tero. . . And I’m sorry. (Rushes Tero an knocks him out.)
Tero- Vidar-
(Exit Tero)
Vidar- It had to be done.
(Exit Vidar)
Ragnar- . . . (Downcast face) I’m so sorry, Tero.
Aww...if Tero lived but Vidar died:
Ragnar- . . . I want you to stay behind, Vidar.
Vidar- WHAT?
Tero- Please, Vidar, in your condition you’ll only die in there.
Vidar- And you think I care? I would lay my life down regardless.
Ragnar- Dammit, Vidar! I’d never let you. Not in this Gods damn life-time.
Vidar- You clearly don’t know me, Ragnar.
Ragnar- No. No, I know you like I would know a brother (Ragnar rushes Vidar to knock him out)
Vidar- Wha-
(Exit Vidar)
Tero- . . . You did the right thing.
Ragnar- (Downcast face) I doubt he’ll see it that way.
That's all the variations. Now, to go check on those bandits...
IENnK6d.png
Ragnar- They’re all dead, Donwik. There has to be hundreds of Silvatican corpses out there.
Wait, they actually won?
Donwik- Those men of the Everglow. . .
Ragnar- They were a mighty ally. Truly-
Donwik- Look! Out there, Ragnar! Can you see him? Tell me my eyes aren’t deceiving me?
Ragnar- . . . I see him! How is he standing after all of this?
3A5wsDC.png
Badrick- Your heads will make a fine necklace.
Donwik- Easy, there. We’re not here to fight.
Badrick- Hah! Just try me. Come! My bare h-hands. . . (Closes and opens eyes) hands will end you.
Ragnar- Wait! Feddick sent us. Feddick of the Everglow.
Badrick- . . . F-Feddick? I. . . I held his hand. . . I-I held his hands as he choke on all that blood.
Ragnar - . . . He was a good man.
Badrick- He. . . (Eyes closed and smiling) he was the best.
(Badricks drops off the screen – unconscious)
Donwik- He’s unconscious.
Ragnar- And no wonder. Look at all that blood. I can’t understand how he’s still breathing.
Donwik- This man is something else.
Ragnar- Come, let us take him to Rinoa.
Donwik- Aye.
Well, I guess we did it! We finished in time! However, if you exceeded the turn count that you had no way of knowing existed:
Donwik- Gods above. . .
Ragnar- They’re all dead, Donwik. There has to be hundreds of Silvatican corpses out there.
Donwik- Those men of the Everglow. . .
Ragnar- They were a mighty ally.
Donwik- Aye. Let’s pay our respects and move on.
(Exit Donwik)
Ragnar- . . . Forgive me, Feddick.
There's one more scene before we're done:
SAh2fON.png
Ragnar- . . . How?
Rinoa- I can’t explain it. Truly. The moment I begun healing his wounds, his eyes just shot open. He’s been demanding to see the one with the nice sideburns.
Ragnar- . . . Very well.
MElWNvD.png
Ragnar- Please, call me Ragnar.
Badrick- A fine name.
Ragnar- Kind of you. Now, I suggest you lay down and let Rinoa finish her healing.
Badrick- No can do. I’ve got something of a plan I need to tend to. I can die later.
Ragnar- I will not allow you to die. Not so soon. I owe it to Feddick-
Badrick- AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF HIM? How can you owe a dead man so?
Ragnar- . . . You are all that remains of the Everglow. I told him I’d save you all. I sent him to a death he didn’t deserve.
Badrick- And what sort of death do I deserve then? Will you not grant a man his last request?
Ragnar- Not if his request is a fools errand. I will not have you die under my watch.
Badrick- . . . Who are you?
Ragnar- I am a lieutenant in service to Azalia. And right now, my men and I are her only hope.
Badrick- You aim to save the capital?
Ragnar- If we can, yes.
Badrick- . . . Allow me to join you. If I can help, I will.
Ragnar- I need a promise. I need you to promise me that that you will listen to my command.
Badrick- You have my word.
Ragnar- . . . And promise me you will not throw your life away for revenge.
Badrick- . . . No.
Ragnar- Don’t be a fool! I will give you your revenge. It will come to you and you will take it. But your life is mine to command. If I have your life. . . you have your revenge.
Badrick- . . . (Eyes closed) Can your healer perform while moving?
Ragnar- Yes.
Badrick- Then you have my life. Let us make for the capital.
(Exit Badrick)
Ragnar- . . . The man’s unstoppable.
And so the guy has joined the party! We'll see if he's really worth the hype next chapter...keep in mind this guy wasn't in the first/older patch at all, he's a totally new character.
lq6aBvy.png
...I suddenly don't feel so good about the outcome of the next chapter.

Um, can you please give me a check on the Lancereaver-analogue and Ch. 6's merc's Mt and strength? Because 17-damage dealing mercs on chapter 6 feels a bit too powerful to me. (I'm guessing 17, assuming Donwik's at 12 def and the reaver-assisted WTA is 2 Mt.)

Um, can you please give me a check on the Lancereaver-analogue and Ch. 6's merc's Mt and strength? Because 17-damage dealing mercs on chapter 6 feels a bit too powerful to me. (I'm guessing 17, assuming Donwik's at 12 def and the reaver-assisted WTA is 2 Mt.)

Huh? Give me one minute:

I5JS6Ne.pngHvP2jXl.png

My units were level ~10 by chapter 6, so this is way more powerful than normal FE, but I'm not having too much trouble with this hack.

The CHAPTER 7 PRELUDE!

ys3gPTW.png

WHAT WILL HAPPEN DUN DUN DUN

ab7zpkm.png

We start with a picture of the battle going on at the front of the Azalia castle. Neither side seems to have any formation whatsoever, which makes me wonder how the battle ended up like this. It doesn't make sense!

eBClDPp.pngcPg06u0.png

The battles are all decided by crits, I call luck-based

8ooflQj.png

Drogan- If all goes to plan; when the battle is through. Everything is moving into place now. Soon we’ll Claim Guntram. For now we are merely observing.
Rashka- Oh, nasty Drogan! Why can’t we? Why why why?
Drogan- Our presence is not required. Captain Harold is currently in command.
Rashka- Oh, I hate that nasty Harold too! Can we go in, Drogan? Please? Please please please?
Drogan- Quiet, damn you! Cease your mindless chatter.
Rashka- But, Drogan!
7SvtEAh.png
Then a great knight rides up. I'm guessing it's the promotion of Axe Knight?
7UwCt47.png
Drogan- Speak, soldier.
Red derp #7,899- It’s Ragnar, Lord Drogan. He’s been spotted outside the castle perimeter.
Drogan- . . . Dismissed.
Red derp #7,899- Sir.
j0r7Gnd.png
Rashka- Don’t you?
Drogan- . . . Perhaps. The presence of that man has me hesitant.
Rashka- It’s what HE wants though, Drogan! It’s exactly what HE wants!
Drogan- . . .
Well, it appears they're doing their EEEVILLL plans. Surely this can't affect us in any way. Now, let's cut to...
zSiUtUy.png
Guntram and the king!
iUvswl7.png
Green derp #109- Yes, General!
EHASgPT.png
Guntram- . . . Yes. They’ve breached our walls. My men have engaged them throughout the keep.
Erec- And tell me your opinion on how the battle will flow.
Guntram- . . . Your Majesty-
Erec- Dammit, Guntram! Tell me it isn’t so. Tell me we won’t lose Azalia today.
Guntram- Our chances are dwindling by the minute, King Erec. If we don’t receive reinforcements soon, it’ll be lost by night fall.
But you'll get reinforcements! You'll get US! And we're TOO AWESOME TO LOSE!
Erec- . . . No. I will not accept this! This is MY country, Guntram! These are MY people. I will not lay down until I know Azalia is safe.
Guntram- And neither will I. Nor will the men in this room, and those fighting in the keep. This is our homeland, Your Majesty, and we’ll fight until she is saved. And you. . . you are our king. Above all else, your life must be secure. If we lose you, we lose Azalia.
Erec- Hogwash! Does your king not get a say?
Guntram- I am the commander of your guard and your armies, and for now I ask that you respect my wishes.
Erec- . . . If you insist. I will stay for now. But soon, and I swear this to the Gods, I will march out and face Silvatica. I will lead my men. And we will take back Azalia. You know as well as I do that they will breach this room. If my life were that of an ordinary soldier, I would serve better out there fighting alongside my brothers.
This guy is the best king ever. He doesn't do nothing, and he's very helpful by FE standards for "kings who aren't players".
Guntram- Hah! The men would be in high spirits to hear you speak so.
Erec- (Toggle smile) Ah, why does the threat of death by battle make one so giddy? I don’t think I’ll ever know.
Guntram- Not in a thousand years.
Erec- . . . Go, Guntram. Tend to the guard.
vMMgAB5.png
And with that not-so-ominous line...
MdqCz1N.png47eDon1.pnga8SNvWf.png

People go everywhere! But the doors are sealed, surely no one can get to the king in there?
C2DdOcn.png
Harold- And tomorrow is the day one of you loyal, devoted Silvatican warriors win a heavy bag of gold for relieving the king’s head from his shoulders! Fight well, and remember what’s at stake, and what you might gain!
No, none of the generics around are going to go for the king. You'll see why soon enough.
Suddenly, the screen starts shaking!
dH21aTX.pngiPLwVWG.png
Uh oh, that isn't good...
UgWHLLr.png
Suddenly, stairs appear out of nowhere and promoted mooks come in!
74cxVx5.png
Guntram- That’s not possible! Only those of us in this room know about it.
Except for HIM or whatever?
Green derp #110- . . . It does not matter now, sir. Someone is using the escape tunnel, and they’ll likely be hostile.
Guntram- . . . Indeed. Split the guard and defend the tunnels. We can’t let a single Silvatican through.
Green derp #110- Yes, General!
9zNUn0k.png
Guntram- Yes, Your Majesty. I ask that you take cover while the guard and I repel them.
Erec- You ask the impossible, Guntram. I am not a feeble old man yet. My blade is sharp and my arm is strong, they’ll all fall before me.
Guntram- Your Majesty-
Erec- Enough! This is my kingdom, Guntram. (Toggle smile) I’ll fight to the death for her.
srxIxVM.pngcV6joo6.png
And then they go to guard the staircases. We can only hope they'll do a good job...
Meanwhile, in another part of the level, Donwick and Ragnar enter!
qnAPdgl.png
Ragnar- . . . Can you hear them? All of the screams?
Donwik- Aye. The scent of blood is what bothers me most. Always has.
Ragnar- Is it all lost, Donwik? Is the king dead? Guntram too?
Donwik- We do not know that. Nobody knows that. Would you say that it matters either way?
Ragnar- . . . (Toggle smile) No. No, I’d say it doesn’t.
Donwik- We have our men, Lieutenant. We have the reinforcements.
Ragnar- Yes. We are the only hope for those that are here.
HGeIwBp.png
Then two friendlies ride in! Looks like Azalia's defense force WASN'T entirely decimated!
Green derp #113- . . . Is that you, Lieutenant?
Green derp #114- Thanks the Gods! We need a miracle, sir. I pray you can deliver one.
Green derp #113- Do you bring reinforcements, Lieutenant?
Ragnar- Yes. Now, tell me all that you know. I’d hear everything that might be relevant.
Green derp #113- Of course. Three days have passed since Silvatica began their siege. We were. . . hard pressed through it all. The general led us well and we repelled them until the dawn of today. . .And then. . . There was a crash, and dust and rubble. . . Next, they were in the halls. Gods! There were so many. We were spread thin to begin with.
Ragnar- What of the general? And the king?
Green derp #113- Secure in the throne room for now.
Ragnar- What else.
Green derp #113- The western hallways have been torn down. . . we didn’t have a choice. To the east is where most of the guard tried to regroup. I’d imagine the fighting is fierce. The central plaza – where we are now – has been taken completely by Silvatica.
Ragnar- What of the enemy commander?
Green derp #113- . . . We do not know.
Green derp #114- But, I heard tell of a group marching to the north. It was odd, as it was said they did not engage a single soldier. And there have been. . . tremors – I suppose that’s what you would call them - from that way.
I guess that would be Drogan/Rashka? Or no, wait, it's the promoted dudes headed for the king!
Ragnar- How many are travelling with you?
So, this part changes depending on the amount of turns you take to complete Chapter 6. Here are the variations:
If a large amount of turns were taken:
Green derp #113- Seven including my friend here. The rest should well be arriving any minute.
If the MAX amount of turns were taken:
Green derp #113- . . . There is only two others. They’re collecting what weapons they can, and should be arriving any minute.
Here's what we got:
xzKlNay.png
Yeah, this is the best possible one, because we finished Chapter 6 way faster than intended, apparently.
Ragnar- . . . Go and reinforce the eastern hallways, but leave me with at least four men. We’re going after the commander.
If you took too many turns you only get 2 men left with you. it's actually kinda a nice effect, even if Ragnar did what every protagonist does ever and lets his allies hold off reinforcements(and yes, there will be reinforcements from the start point anyway).
Green derp #113- And you would need us to provide an ample distraction?
Ragnar- Yes. I can’t ask you all to endanger yourself so-
Green derp #113- Don’t. It is our duty. . . and our honor.
3huNb8t.pngxYkSIX2.png
Ragnar- I need you to ride out to Dahlgar and inform the guard that the siege has been lost. Tell him that he must ride out to the border and bring Zerenus here. Do you understand?
Green derp #114- Yes, sir.
lxVst7s.png
Ragnar- Yes.
Donwik- . . . Perhaps you ought to give a speech? The men would appreciate it.
SEB59db.png
Ragnar- What awaits us in there is beyond anything you have faced thus far. I would not ask any of you to follow me in blindly. So I will say it now; this is my country, my king. . . and my friend. You owe them nothing. If you would turn and leave, I will accept that and harbor no ill towards you. . . But if you were to stay and give me your shoulder, your arm. . . your strength. . . I could ask no more. Once you were strangers and even enemies, but now you are my friends, and I trust each and every one of you with my life. So I ask now, not as your commander but as a friend: FACE THEM with me! CHARGE with me! SAVE Azalia with me! STAND BESIDE me! I need you all. So come knights of Azalia! Come knights of Zerenus! Come my friends! Come to my side and fight! FOR AZALIA!
Sheesh, that was a pretty nice speech! Luckily, we don't have to listen to every single unit around respond, since the tetx has gone on for long enough. Also, certain parts of the text are removed if certain people are dead, but they aren't.
END DIALOGUE
pgKF5F8.png
This is it, the big battle! There's a lot to see, so we'd best get started!
Oh wait, before I do anything, I'd just like to say that the BGM for the prep screen is totally awesome. This hack has quite a bit of custom BGM, and it's actually really nice! I like all the song choices! It's just a pity that the sound room can't be accessed...
KDa9wQ1.png
We get 11 out of 12 units, which means Tero gets left out again. Also, Badrick has joined the team! Let's take a look!
ktopHR6.pngJAEA3IW.pngwOjAFL2.png
...I probably should have put Agro's stats up for comparison, but honestly, if Badrick gets some good levels he'll be just as good as Agro, if not better! His stats aren't that high for allegedly being able to kill 5 soldiers at once with his axe, but if we train him, he might eventually fit that description!
Not to mention, he has the totally awesome Battle axe. put him against low-avoid units and he won't be hard to train.
b5EvIu4.png
Here's my formation! I'll start the chapter so the green units can appear...
YkU6vWz.png
There they are! 4 cavaliers, or presumably it would just be 2 if we hadn't been so fast.
YOaW7PI.png
This is the map. It's very much changed from what it was in the old patch. It was this boring circle that went around the chamber where the king was, and I guess it still is like that, but at least the friendly cavs start on the same side as you(and don't get slaughtered before they can do anything).
hMNiJwy.png
This is the first time we've seen Azalian generics. It's true.
6FTf2YR.png
Anyways, their stats are very good, a bit above the enemy stats. They won't die instantly, but they're not impossible to kill off. Keep them healed and they'll pull weight, or don't and they won't steal XP. Your choice, Mind you, their presence does make it harder to train Badrick...
T2E1Ln8.png
Guntram and his guys are just hanging out in here. Erec is on the throne, and he has a must-survive diamond, most of which glitched out of the screenshot for some reason. Also, even if Abner/someone with a key goes right next to the doors, they can't open. However, as we will learn, the things that happen in the throne area DO matter to us fighting around it.
muyCHc6.pngZOsvifU.png
The generals are pretty tough, and definitely won't be going down any time soon. But the enemies...
TtEg9YZ.pngtJloHEc.png
Well, they aren't exactly weak. All the guards have spears, but luckily the Khanjar is the most special weapon around. It's like Silvatica intentionally didn't give them silvers to really decimate the generals... Anyways, even if we could get into the throne room, we couldn't help. There's no way we could kill any of these guys...

OR CAN WE DUN DUN DUN

CyVIyfm.pngoGYTvcX.png
Erec himself is weaker than his generics, but his throne and 80 avoid means he won't be going down easy. In the old patch, he was a total wimp who dropped if he couldn't dodge 2 ~40% hit chances once every few turn. it was a nightmare keeping him alive. I'm glad it's been changed.
But I'm sure there's one person, specifically, who you're all wondering about...
muiiXcb.pngSxZnFbE.pngV1UCKIY.png
GUNTRAAAAAMMMMM
This guy is NOT dying. EVER. He can one-round all the brutes who aren't generals(and even then, he'll probably crit). Even if the generals die, he'll still be running around and killing everyone. Erec isn't likely to die with Guntram around. No wonder Silvatica seems to fear him...
So, uh, back to the guys we'll actually be fighting.
ULylZgX.pngkMrcY53.pnge5MGcPO.png
Harold is our first promoted boss! Joy! He won't be easy to chip down, but I'm sure I can find a way. Also, he has a statbooster!
tzaK5Rd.pnghqso5pn.pngtnnFXCR.pngRo6S5J8.pngTt839eM.png
Plenty of droppables around, even if most of them are keys. I like how the game gives you an alternative to using Abner if you don't want to/can't for some reason.
S45RPoX.png
And a new icon too.

Alright everyone. Next time we SAVE AZALIA!

Phew, this chapter is shaping up to be pretty tough...

Game's ramping up the equipment given to the enemies already. Tier-2 thrown and D-rank light and anima magic.

Also, I'm assuming this is the last level of the first act of the game. Major plot developments? Check. First promoted boss who, as expected, is a General because almost all games have the first promoted boss be a General? Check. Equipment upgrades to enemies, including the first appearance of Silver weapons, even if only on the boss? Check. Also, chests!

Sorry guys, not updating right now, just wanted to respond to these:

Game's ramping up the equipment given to the enemies already. Tier-2 thrown and D-rank light and anima magic.

Also, I'm assuming this is the last level of the first act of the game. Major plot developments? Check. First promoted boss who, as expected, is a General because almost all games have the first promoted boss be a General? Check. Equipment upgrades to enemies, including the first appearance of Silver weapons, even if only on the boss? Check. Also, chests!

This isn't the last chapter, trust me, you'll know it when you see it. Also, after playing Dream of Five where the enemies are getting silver/glass before you really have consistent access to steel, ramping up enemy equipment doesn't phase me as much anymore.

Could I ask what the turncount you got in chapter 6 was? I'd like to know what I'll need to aim for to get Badrick + the extra Greenies

I don't know the exact turns, but I can say that I finished it a few turns after the "reinforcements from all forts on enemy phase" thing, so aim for that I guess.

I don't know the exact turns, but I can say that I finished it a few turns after the "reinforcements from all forts on enemy phase" thing, so aim for that I guess.

Gotcha~

I honestly can't remember what turns I had either, but I know I turtle way more often than I should D;

Death or Glory: Episode 8: Chapter 7: Part 1: THIS IS MY CASTLE GET OUT

S4tVL0p.png

Badrick starts us off by getting his first kill on the female merc. Armor brigands don't really have any special animation, they just go a bit slower.

fnLubhm.png

So, we've split up. Hopefully I've made the correct decisions with regards to unit allotment...

yamKJd6.png

Good start. Also, Silvatica really is equal opportunity employment these days.

3O6JTCE.png

I'll try not to focus TOO much on the combat that goes on in the king's room, but tons of interesting stuff will probably happen nonetheless.

9lyoCT2.png

Dangit, I wanted to give that kill to Badrick!

A13McRm.png

Enemies WILL NOT survive a round with Guntram, or at least they won't 90% of the time.

xf4QLLi.png

Thanks you cavalier, that was helpful.

jbuTqNf.png

Woo...

h3wAuHf.png

Oh, just noticed this.

qRPsayp.png

THE PAIN

t2l4fix.pngz6p4KB4.png

THE CAVS ARE STEALING LUCK FROM THE GENERALS

arzaP58.pngStbKpvm.png

EQUILIBRIUM IS RESTORED

Anyways, I'm grateful for that miss since I can give the kill t-

UrsSehs.png

DANGIT DOUBLING

Man, these cavs are REALLY GOOD!

vc7Mn09.png

BLEEECHHH. Come on Melanie! Shape up!

bLz30rQ.png

More brutes! What, you thought there'd only be one wave? A large variety of classes come out to harass Guntram's squad, and on enemy phase too!

T5phmEg.pnghXUYLIE.png

SO MUCH CRAZY RNG

f688PiV.png

We're moving, and we've got a bit of the castle cleared, but there's plenty left.

A0P8u3x.png

Iivari is an AMAZING sword user.

TGaJl3l.png

And Ragnar is becoming a better lance user.

KOsquRL.png

And Mil is dying.

g8RciKk.png

Okay, we had to lose Ragnar's good level to pull back and let the greenies take the brunt of it.

sKCz94B.pngRmAmz72.png

And the spear guy does. I have to give him some credit. At least now we only have one kill-stealer on that side.

S9n7VtI.pngGqJJP4N.png

I'm serious, watching these guys normally wouldn't be entertaining, but the RNG MADE it entertaining!

htsHXeo.png

OH NO ABNER

kFGFjao.png

GUESS WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SNIPER

Suddenly...

y8bbfY1.png

Nomad(???)- (Eyes closed) . . . Guide me Earth Mother. . .
Red derp #9,568- Fuck your prayers! Fuck your damn nomad Earth Mother! You either get out there and cooperate, or the Lords’ll burn your precious tribes to the ground.
(Exit Soldier)
Nomad(???)- (Eyes closed) . . . Guide my spirit, Earth Mother. Guide me to he that would save us.
So, despite that conversation, nothing actually happens in-game yet. This guy takes a while to come out, so long that I started to wonder if the game had glitched. I think it would be better if he came sooner...
PQltHht.png
Harold- I want more men out here, now!
I21rlE5.png
And then people come from all the stairs.
20enj8A.png
It's quiet over there...for now.
KKFQEwd.pngYWNXVHg.png
PRODUCTIVITY
HEhmkpJ.png
Ragnar re-gets his level...and it's the EXACT SAME. What a coincidence!
CnGovSk.png
The cavs are still helping.
HHW1gWm.png
IIVARI WILL TANK EVERYONE
CCoZdRf.png
Ooh, more defense!
63SQBev.png
Annnnd there's the next wave of brutes.
PYFRQxi.png
Iivari's tanking goes just fin-
PT20pmH.png
NEVER MIND. STUPID REAVER GUYS.
1p1I71b.png
Oh come ON!
0uiRuzP.png
This is the point where the K guard start dropping. Not good news for Erec.
QQQeHpZ.png7s3OR8x.png
The rest are fine...for now.
9ksqL2X.png
First chest! Oh yes!
xyrt4yx.png
Sacrifice one healing for another...
6e9jZTs.png
Another myrm level? If you could get strength you'd be insanely OP...
zS5oMEX.png
Man, we're having trouble moving forward...
IvZ8nP7.pngetnihnt.png
WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP MISSING
F7NSvG0.png
PERFECT PLANNING
Du1vaFE.png
Come on guys, pull it together!
a6jaRsa.png
Both cavaliers retreat. They're going to go around the entire map to get to Rinoa, since they'd injured. I guess that means they're out of the picture.
Y71fQeF.png
Boy, these sure are dodgy generals.
jd4LgfU.png
GUNTRAM GOT HIT 0.0
M9aAKOV.png
And THERE'S our nomad squad!
Kinoa- We haven’t a choice, Brother. All we can do is offer our faith to the Earth Mother and know that She will guide us.
Nomad- Of course, Brother Kinoa.
2R0W6dm.png
Most of the generics are Absaroke from Lakota(wasn't that mentioned earlier?), and they're pretty weak. Leading them, however...
d7WeQJe.png8PHRT70.pngYlonqsv.png
Yeah, he's totally recruitable. Despite the fact that everyone calls him Kinoa(very similar to Rinoa...), his in-game description him lists him as Kiowa, which sends like a fruit. Anyways, he has good strength and defense bases for a supposed myrm archer, but we'll have to see about his growths...
ZJZUxKi.png
First level! And it has strength! Great!
XFsoZOl.png
He gets this too!
5YwkKiJ.png
Bluh!
ynYjXup.png
The nomads are heading for Ragnar's group, thank goodness. See, ragnar is the only one who can recruit those guys, and I'm not sure if Kiowa is programmed to head for whichever group Ragnar is in. So make sure to put Ragnar in whatever group you think will get to the boss area faster.
Well, surely nothing can go wr-
I7oRoJU.png
Wait-
3eGEZi0.png
WELP
I knew I'd have to avoid those spots for fear of 2-range brutes, but I wasn't expecting it go the other way 'round!
J0Z4O3D.png
I have to put Badrick in the range of Kiowa to lure him out, otherwise he could attack Guntram and the result would not be good.
YUt0cBA.png
HAMMER POWER
nvRBkvc.png
Hey, Guntram blocked one! You know, the K Guard would have a way easier time if they just tried to park their armored butts on the stairs.
iqSO0QV.png
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT MONK
nyQ3mkt.png
WHY
LOOK
YOUR HEAD IS LIKE 5 FEET FROM YOUR BODY NOW
dPGiyw0.png
Oh, and another Absaroke suicides Honestly, it's a good thing the boss doesn't move or the chapter would already be over.
BY5bNlJ.png
The good news is, Kiowa didn't suicide! He's safe!

fIXmAyY.png

Oh, and Guntram's retreated from that spot, thank goodness.

NEXT TIME: Breaking the siege

The RNG is on the side of the K Guard this time it seems, what with them constantly critting.

That monk REALLY wanted out of the war and decided to just suicide against Guntram. Or he thought he could wear his weapon down with his sacrifice. Speaking of, is there a risk of Guntram's weapon breaking if you're not rushing, or is there a limit of how many groups of Brutes that spawn?

The RNG is on the side of the K Guard this time it seems, what with them constantly critting.

That monk REALLY wanted out of the war and decided to just suicide against Guntram. Or he thought he could wear his weapon down with his sacrifice. Speaking of, is there a risk of Guntram's weapon breaking if you're not rushing, or is there a limit of how many groups of Brutes that spawn?

Yeah, as Kon said, the brutes do eventually stop spawning, and usually they do it long before Guntram's weapon breaks.

Death or Glory: Episode 8: Chapter 7: Part 2: There's no Rush

7l3GlKM.png

Let's start things off with recruitment!

kKOfUxI.png

Ragnar- . . . Why do you close your eyes?
Kinoa- (Eyes closed) I am offering my prayers to the Earth Mother.
Ragnar- . . . Then, you are a nomad?
Kinoa- Yes.
Ragnar- Tell me, what hold does Silvatica have over you and your kind? Surely the nomads cannot support this war.
Kinoa- . . . No, we do not. But there is no choice when they threaten to overwhelm us.
Ragnar- There is ALWAYS a choice, nomad.
Kinoa- . . . You must be the one she spoke of.
Ragnar- Pardon?
Kinoa- The Earth Mother. She. . . comes to me in my dreams to offer guidance. . . And she spoke of you. You are the one who will lead us to salvation.
Ragnar- . . . You must realize that beyond the nomads, the Earth Mother holds no worship.
Kinoa- We know that. But, I believe your faith does not matter, it is mine that she answers. We are to follow you, my friend, it is simply her will.
Ragnar- So . . . you would join my forces because of a dream, or more accurately, a premonition?
Kinoa- Yes.
Ragnar- . . . Very well. I will not pass up help when it is offered.
Kinoa- Thank you. My name is Kinoa.
Ragnar- Ragnar.
Kinoa- Allow my brothers and I to clear this rabble.
dPSPbRc.png
I think Ragnar was kinda shocked at the odd-ness of it all, but regardless, Kinoa/Kiowa is on our team now! His nomad mooks join us too, or they WOULD if Gun-tram hadn't killed them all!
uLtYS66.png
This Absaroka is promptly assaulted by a blood sword myrm, and is very lucky to not be critted.
De5j474.png
Still quiet in the throne room...
7usM4JH.png
Dangit, I hate when my guys do this!
Np7j5s9.png
See, look Kiowa, Badrick can hit better than you!
It totally didn't take me 3 tries to do that or anything
KtULduK.png
Oh great, MORE reinforcements from the stairs to deal with!
VX4Ca8o.png
Wow, Agro's really good...
QHh6EDy.png
No, nevermind, the monks just suck.
No84j2G.png
Oh dang, another reinforcement wave! Well, at least there weren't any snipers.
a5wz4N9.pngy4fFMJC.png
Dang Abner, put your RNG into levels, not dodges!
kaUpElK.png
Not sure what happened here, I think it was the swordsmaster having a bad day.
YTAgwDe.png
OH CRAP, THE GENERAL WAS A SNIPER IN DISGUISE
Do6kaCj.pngDVwn0T8.png
What, you thought it would miss? Shame on you for thinking the RNG would ever save me.
3Dk0moK.png
Hey, can those reinforcements come on player phase instead? I mean, they're kind of predictable but not really...
3bot3pH.png
And of COURSE everything goes worse for me the second time around.
EEgmczn.png
IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THE K GUARD
0clOjyY.png
AND GUNTRAM FAILED AT SOMETHING
YWaCna4.png
Guntram fails to crit this guy back. The general actually survived a round without dodging!
5p3Ia6M.png
...There's one general left now.
lpD8Wrc.png
One of the Azalia mooks hanging around Rinoa chooses to give up his quest for healing and suicide on a monk.
5G4BIJ7.png
The Absaroke finishes it instead.
j2kYNvN.png
So, King Erec is gonna be attacked soon.
But wait...wasn't that general left at 1 HP after Guntram messed him up? And he's hanging around at the top which means-
c1oiGgy.png
AHAHAHAHA!
EsNe6dR.png
Could anyone NOT gain a level after that?
C8t1oGt.png
There! Kiowa's first kill!
ySDhlA8.png
The left group is badly injured and crawling forward(no Rinoa!), but the right group has reached their destination!
r2IlQPy.png
Well, turns out Erec isn't in that much trouble.
UU1zVan.png
And the last K Guard does something helpful!
vrO9eCs.png
So, you can't open the door to the throne room. Not that you'd want to. Is it really a good idea to invite the brutes/Guntram to start running around the place?
qASq5TV.png
We're trying to sneak around Harold so the two groups can meet up. Hopefully, no more Brutes come...
TmpkPg0.png
Iivari seems to revolve between moments of awesome and moments of failure.
cdW6Gm7.pngw2AYgql.png
Abner re-gets his level from earlier, but he traded that luck point for a defense point. I think it makes things better.
QnSfC1Y.png
Agro seems eager to let Badrick catch up.
9HZAHD2.png
Good, the left group made it past! We're doing fine!
HrR9SLa.png
And, uh, just in time too...
3dEzpWv.pngz0QGujj.png
There was no way they were surviving the whole chapter, sorry if you got your hopes up.
ePE4lYZ.png
And then MORE reinforcements from the stairs, and cavs from the start position! Looks like those other soldiers DIED!
dUmoj79.png
MAN, this Absaroke refuses to go down!
4ksDBrz.png
And now the K Guard is all dead. I think that was the last wave of brutes though.
K2iFpNC.pngYEy8eHS.png
Erec gets a kill, right as the last generic green goes down.
62Wr8DM.png
These guys are the only allies left on the map now.
biQWmjI.png
Y U MAKE MY LIFE HARDER
0KXbzQQ.png
Same to you, Mil! Magic is important, but get some other good stats!
EO67yTC.png
Kinoa gets his first level. It doesn't give me high hopes.
6fsEvc9.png
Guntram is "helping" again.
T6XKrMj.png
LET'S BUST THAT TREASURE ROOM
FKoqWAh.png
Melanie AT LAST gets a good level! Hurrah!
YpzefIG.png
Oh look, only Harold is left.
TIME FOR LOOTING!
jyVmUJB.png
Our own armor-slaying sword! Nice!
ZIoPjTG.pngGheIoHs.png
Another new statbooster! I'll take it!
jlddkkM.png
Last one! Money confirmed!
h9OZ1hq.png
This is the worst armorslayer ever
z7oTCrR.png
Harold starts with a silver lance, and has no elixirs. With RESCUE SHENANIGANS, it's easy to just chip him down until he's dead.
eLacXbx.png
YES.
VERSUS RAGNAR:
Ragnar- You! Turn and face me.
Harold- You must be Ragnar. They spoke of you. They all sung your name when we tortured them.
Ragnar- No. No, I will not let you speak. I will not allow you to live after what you’ve done!
f1ibTVc.pngpHWkcrE.png
I have to have Badrick tangle at melee range, but he gets an EXCELLENT level out of it!
VpTwy98.png
I try to get him to switch to his Khanjar. It doesn't work.
nOA8p1z.png
Donwick gets a chip level too, which also contains speed! And strength!
k9lsM6j.png
Dangit Mil, you aren't supposed to be the one to fail!
76XaNZR.png
I give Badrick the kill. I WOULD have given it to Kiowa...except that he LITERALLY CAN'T DAMAGE the boss.
xI9JNqZ.pngQmUgwym.png
Badrick gets another level, bringing his strength total to the level of INSANE OH MAN, and finishing the chapter!

NEXT TIME: MAJOR plot events!

I gotta say, this chapter was really enjoyable!

Does Badrick promote to Berserker? Please tell me that Badrick promotes to Berserker! And that Berserkers here have beautiful crit bonuses that make them unstoppable engines of destruction!