TheMoniker plays Death or Glory

TheMoniker

When I played this chapter, not only did the K Guard also get a lot of crits, they were critted back a lot! It was pretty insane.

So Badrick has 2 strength, 2 skill, 3 luck, 3 res and 2 con in exchange for 3 HP and 2 speed, and an extra level of growth to boot? It's clear what you must do.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Badrick promote to Berserker? Please tell me that Badrick promotes to Berserker! And that Berserkers here have beautiful crit bonuses that make them unstoppable engines of destruction!

While it would be amazing if we had a promoted Badrick to stomp everyone with, I'm not even sure if we'll get promotion items in this hack.

When I played this chapter, not only did the K Guard also get a lot of crits, they were critted back a lot! It was pretty insane.

So Badrick has 2 strength, 2 skill, 3 luck, 3 res and 2 con in exchange for 3 HP and 2 speed, and an extra level of growth to boot? It's clear what you must do.

Now I know why you wanted me to drop Agro, looking at your name...

Anyways, while Badrick is way way better than Agro, we still only have two axe users and tons of lance/sword users(well actually, mostly sword users), so in the interest of balance I have to keep him. And he is still useful, even if he's not AS useful.

Hello everyone! Time to dive into...

The CHAPTER 7 CONCLUSION!

Prepare for a major plot dump...

Ymlt7nl.png

Who's falling back? We killed EVERYONE!

Ragnar- . . . For now, at least. The fighting will begin again soon.
Donwik- Aye, we should take this time to regroup.
Ragnar- Come, we must inform the king and general that reinforcements are set to arrive.
SlMfWqm.png6C1nGxT.png
Now we move over to the king. The doors to his chamber open as well.
Erec- I now remember why I made you a general.
Guntram- You flatter me, King Erec. I see that your swordsmanship is as impressive as ever.
Erec- Ah, but it has been quite a while since I’ve drawn another’s blood. Is the Wayward sealed?
Guntram- Yes. For the moment.
Erec- Good. I think it’s time we joined those outside.
Guntram- But, Your-
Erec- No, Guntram. I told you I’d not hide away forever. I have men that need leading out there.
Guntram- . . . Allow me to scout the area first.
4oIU6Np.png
Uh oh...
SsizrII.png
AND THEN DROGAN ARRIVES
Guntram- Bastard!
Erec- Stand down, Guntram. And do not argue with me. Not now.
Wa-Hey! Don't order your uberguard to stand down!
Drogan- Best listen to your puppet master, General.
Guntram- . . .
NNtt288.png
Drogan- . . . Lord of the Depths. You may call me Drogan.
Erec- An arrogant title.
Drogan- Is there any more arrogant than that of a king?
Erec- I would not of taken you as a philosopher, Lord of the Depths.
Drogan- . . . What are you stalling for? There is not a soul coming to your rescue.
Except for RAGNAAARRR
Erec- Then speak what you have come to say.
Drogan- . . . In truth, I have not come to speak, let alone to you.
QnGRXd8.pngyWtylSS.png
SEE THIS EREC. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TELL YOUR AWESOME PROTECTOR DUDE TO NOT PROTECT YOU. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.
MPiSBQr.png
Guntram- I’ll kill you for this. I’ll hunt you to the ends of the world and I will KILL you.
Drogan- . . . The dramatics are unnecessary. Your beloved king will not die yet; ‘twas not a mortal wound.
Guntram- . . . What do you want?
When suddenly...
R4d7dOV.pngJI1hmqJ.png
Drogan- (Toggle smile) It would appear our last guest has arrived.
WE ARRIVE
Actually, this might not be a good thing. I'm not sure we have the statistical prowess to mess with this guy, even if we could probably at least damage him at this point...
ZofWBKS.png
Ragnar- General! . . . King Erec!
Guntram- Don’t move, Ragnar. Leave him be.
Ragnar- Guntram. . .
Drogan- So good of you to join us, Ragnar. Now that you are here. . . we can finally begin.
27Gt70O.png
And then Rashka comes in, along with some other brutes! Not good... Where is the rest of our army?
kT34IpM.png
Rashka- How I would love to gut him, Drogan. I can just feel his sticky gooey slimy sweet BLOOD!
Ah hah...hah...hah...
Drogan- . . . Rashka.
Rashka- Yes, yes. ‘Cause HE’ll know! He ALWAYS knows!
Drogan- Can you feel it, Guntram?
Guntram- . . .
Drogan- Can you feel the panic setting in? The dismay. . . the hopelessness. You’ve held back one assault – a commendable performance – and you might hold against another. . . But, you are not a silly man, are you, Guntram? No. You know we can come back a third time, a fourth, a fifth, a sixth! We will come again and again until this place is nothing but rubble and blood.
To be honest, you have to wonder where Silvatica gets these numbers. Even if they're known for their vast-ness, how could they muster enough military to simultaneously attack and quickly conquer multiple nations? Presumably, most of the nations put up more of a fight than Nazuria!
Ragnar- Don’t listen to him! Zerenus is coming with reinforcements.
Drogan- Ah, yes. Urien. Tell us, Ragnar, how a shattered army can offer you salvation? Tell us how they recovered so?
Yeah, they got wrecked in Chapter 1, it honestly doesn't make sense how they can still mount a war effort...
Ragnar- Zerenus will come! Silvatica did not decimate them like you would believe.
Drogan- . . . Naïve.
Guntram- . . . What do you want?
Ragnar- Guntram-
Guntram- Enough. They have come for something beyond the king. Beyond even Azalia. So tell me, Lord of the Depths, what is it you seek?
yjJ3DVJ.png
Guntram- Why?
Rashka- ‘Cause HE wants you! HE wants you so damn much. SO DAMN MUCH!
So, basically, whoever "HE" is knows that Azalia can't stand against them, but there is one dude who is powerful enough to KILL EVERYONE, and he wants to stop him before Guntram can actually kill them. If "HE" just killed everything important to Guntram, Guntram would no longer be held back by the need to protect something, and the end result would not be good for Silvatica. Pretty smart, honestly.
Drogan- You will surrender. If you do. . . Silvatica will retreat. Your king and country. . . even your naïve friend, will live to see another day. You cannot face us, and you cannot run.
Ragnar- We will never-
Qa58eoG.png
And of course, Ragnar would rather protect his allies for a short while than strike a genuine blow against Silvatica. Of course, if they killed Ragnar, then the game wouldn't continue, so I guess I can't complain...
Ragnar- WHAT?
Drogan- Good.
Rashka- Hahahaha! He said yes. Yes yes yes. Here’s the way! Come along! Hahahaha!
Ragnar- No, Guntram! You can’t-
(Guntram faces Ragnar)
Guntram- Quiet, Ragnar. (Toggle smile) Remember all those promises I made? Remember all those times I left?
Ragnar- Guntram-
Guntram- Keep your head up, Ragnar. There is never an end. . . Only. . . only the start of something new.
h18Mj8a.png
And then Guntram is gone... Our uber ally guy is gone...
XAEBzt9.png
Oh man, it feels so WRONG to see them so close...
Rashka- Move and everyone dies! HAHAHA! DIES!
SJdKZgg.pngwb94oOJ.pngCHoaFTY.png
And then they both warp out, along with everyone else.
NwqeJyl.png
Ragnar- . . .
Donwik- Do you hear me? Dammit, Ragnar!
RpkqjyB.png
Without Guntram, Ragnar's personality is fast regressing into visible silence! This is bad!
WFIcP4H.png
Donwik- Don’t move, Your Majesty. I’m taking you to our healer.
Erec- . . . Did it truly happen? Did they take him?
Donwik- . . . Aye.
LBwy9YT.png
Donwik- Rinoa made it clear the wound was not fatal.
Ragnar- . . .
Donwik- . . . Ragnar, you haven’t said a word yet. You’ve barely even moved.
Ragnar- . . .
Donwik (Downcast face)- Just get some rest, okay?
qSk0zBU.png
Ragnar-I will get him back. . . no matter the cost.
I wonder what will happen next...
UyjWypM.png
Oh, we're just gonna end it like that? Okay then.
Follow-up update coming soon!

The CHAPTER 8 PRELUDE:

k2dMs1W.png

This is another chapter title that sort of makes sense but is really weird.

t5ChUFz.png

Far off voice- The news I bring. . . you would hear it. You’d hear it well.
Erec- Enter, then. By the Gods if you bring good news, enter.
Far off voice- It. . . It is not good news, Your Majesty.
pOed0qV.png
THIS IS THE WORST NEWS EVER
King Erec- See him in.
3iO5ccA.png
Ragnar- Well, Your Majesty.
King Erec- I have some grave news. I fear it. . . it may well lead to some brash decisions.
Ragnar- Will you keep it to yourself, then?
King Erec- . . . No. This is something you deserve to hear.
Ragnar- . . .
King Erec- Guntram. . . He is to be executed in three days’ time.
Uh oh, only three days? That isn't much time to pull a hero moment...
Ragnar- (Downcast face) . . .
King Erec- . . . The Dragoon unit suffered heavy casualties in the assault. Our own armies, and guards alike, barely have enough manpower to move an ox. And the Zerenus reinforcements have been split: one half is patrolling the main highway, the other is securing Fairvale. We. . . we haven’t the numbers to stage a rescue.
Ragnar- (Downcast face). . .
King Erec- (Faces away) He gave his life for this country. . . He gave it for me, too. And there isn’t a damn thing I can do to save him.
Ragnar- (Downcast face). . .
King Erec- (Faces Ragnar) Why don’t you say something? Scream! Shout! Gods, Ragnar. . . Just say something.
Ragnar- . . . I will go. My platoon and I will save him.
Annnnd that's the premise for the final arc of Part 1. SAVE THE GUNTRAM! Whether or not we will succeed remains to be seen...
King Erec- And they’d follow you to a certain death. Silvatica has him in Spandua, Ragnar. Surely you’ve heard of the place.
Ragnar- I have.
King Erec- And you would still take your platoon there? With your numbers. . . it’s suicide.
Not really, we've beaten forces of above 50 before. Of course, it is suicide IN STORY.
Ragnar- We have to try.
King Erec- . . . (Toggle smile) He always spoke of you. Whenever we were alone he would tell some tale of the past you two shared. He-
Ragnar- Enough! (Downcast face) I beg. . .
King Erec- How much are you willing to give up for him?
Ragnar- . . .
oANeEYN.png
Yeah Ragnar, stop saying "..." to everything and everyone! You aren't even japanese!
Ragnar- I don’t know how much I might sacrifice for him.
spo8tnQ.png
J2DMhmU.png
Green derp #Idon'tknowanymore- Sir.
03WPldg.png
Ragnar- I’m well.
Donwik- You seem. . . troubled. More so than usual.
Ragnar- Guntram’s to be executed in three days’ time.
Donwik- . . . Gods. Where?
Ragnar- Spandua.
Donwik- The Castle of Grey Ghosts? I had heard Silvatica took it, but to use it for this?
Ragnar- I want to rescue him. I HAVE to rescue him.
Donwik- Are you mad? It would take weeks for the army to breach that place.
Ragnar- We won’t have an army. Only the platoon.
Donwik- Then what is wrong with you? You’ll be sending them all to their deaths!
6PFHqQx.png
fDK7T3N.png1XjuNYm.png
Ragnar- He. . . H-He. . . He would do the same for me. I can’t lose him. He. . . He’s my brother. He has been since the moment he found me.
I kinda wish we'd get the full story here, but regardless, Guntram is the only one Ragnar really has a connection too, and so he's desperate to save him...
Donwik- . . . What exactly do you owe him, Ragnar?
Ragnar- (Eyes closed) Everything.
Donwik- . . . We can make the march in a day and a half. . . I’ll ready the men.
...Only a day and a half? How large are these kingdoms we're talking about here? Seriously, I hope we do eventually get a map screen in the future...
(Exit Donwik)
Ragnar- Donwik! Wait!
(Enter Donwik)
Ragnar- . . . You once said you’d lay your life down for me. You said the same for the men as well.
Donwik- Aye.
Ragnar- When the time comes. . . I want you to do what say. Without argument.
Donwik- . . . Aye.
Hmmm...
EAAOYyE.png
And then we cut to a town!
Donwik- If we rise with the sun, we’ll be able to see Spandua by tomorrows nightfall. That gives us a day and a half to play with.
Ragnar- . . . This is Ozam, I think. It was a hub for trade between Azalia and the outer baronies.
Donwik- Good. ‘Cause we’ll need supplies for the next leg of the journey.
More shops! I wish we had a convoy though...
You know, actually, the story has been throwing TONS of chests and plenty of droppables at us, but it hasn't given us a convoy. We can't stock up on enough weapons to fight the large numbers of enemies, because everyone's inventory is always full! I have to sell off my almost-broken items just to fit new ones into the tiny inventories of my units! Even if we couldn't get a tent in part 1, could we at least have a lord-attached convoy? If you can do both that and the normal convoy in the same engine? Besides, it doesn't really make sense that a ranking military officer has no place to throw his crap.
Anyways, back to the story.
Ragnar- Come, then. The inn will serve us well.
mlbJoSc.png
Oh. Of course.
K7HNMug.png
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO EXIST- What luck! If that’s Ragnar. . . I gotta tell the boss.
OZH2G41.pngS6BpgQR.png
Boss- Lakota would be our best bet. She’s in pieces at the moment, and mercenaries are good at makin’ sure those pieces stay exactly how the victor wants.
Merc- Good gold and easy work!
(Enter WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO EXIST)
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO EXIST- Boss! Hey, Commander!
U2lbnRQ.png
Boss- Ragnar, was it? Posted by Silvatica?
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO EXIST- Aye! Guess who I just saw walkin’ into town!
Boss- . . . Boys, we’re about to become very rich.
mhu6mxb.png
They're unwitting...
Ragnar- Hoping a pretty face’ll net a discount?
Donwik- Yes and no. You haven’t heard that woman bargain.
While it would be amazing if Rinoa was a walking silver card, this isn't reflect in-game at all.
(Donwik faces away from Ragnar)
Donwik- Do you ever consider it a good sign when a group of armed men start running towards you?
Ragnar- Trouble?
Donwik- Seems likely.
Ragnar- . . . Good.
Wa-GOOD?
xgaLMbZ.png
j4KS3e4.png
And here we go.
aWw1fZC.png
Donwik- What if I am?
Boss- Then you ought to leave. We’re taking that man in. Anyone who’s in our way, well, I’ll run ‘em through myself.
Donwik- How big is the price on his head?
Boss- . . . 65, 000. Silvatica wants him. And I want that money.
SHEESH. Why don't we just turn ourselves in and have funds forever!
Donwik- Aye. We’ll not back down. Not now.
BEstTpI.png
Merc- Are ya sure we can’t handle this by ourselves? We don’t have to involve Silvatica until we got his head.
Boss- SEND a RUNNER.
Merc- Yes, Commander.
We'll see the effects of this later...
M3Be8Bq.png6RjXFUM.png
AND THEN DUDES EVERYWHERE
Ragnar- Did they speak of the charges?
Donwik- No. But the gold. . . isn’t something you’d laugh at. Silvatica wants you.
SILVATICA WANTS YOUUU
Do they use the FE13 Chrom posters?
Ragnar- . . . We clear out the mercenaries and move on, then.
Donwik- I don’t know if we can afford the combat. They’re well trained and well equipped, and we’ve a handful of men at best as is.
Ragnar - . . . There’s a forest range to the south. If we break through, we can lose them.
Donwik- Do you know it well?
Ragnar- Yes.
KA7Qnbd.png
Oh, what? NO ABNER! DON'T GO!
Abner- Actually, wait, a sense a change of wind...
xw5pYlS.png
Wa-WHAT WAS THE POINT OF EVEN SAYING ANYTHING THEN?
END DIALOGUE
YAI4lZC.png
So, this is the point where NYZGamer starts being outright CRUEL with the deployment spots. SO MANY GOOD CHARACTERS...BUT WE HAVE TO LEAVE SOME OUT...
So, this is who we're taking this time.
v13Czwj.png
0 res is embarrassing. Take this, I don't want any zeroes on my team!
556tITT.png
Ragnar gets a classy monocle, because he's still the lord and I have to keep him good.
buYDGVX.png
We start VERY surrounded by enemies. The first few turns of the chapter are quite difficult. Let's look at the rest of t-
2wHmk2Z.png
HOLY CRAP IT'S SO BIG
Well then, I guess we'd best get started!
8fZX3VG.png
Kinoa- I ask that you guide my arrows. I ask that you aid me in my protection of our savior.
k6XNgfC.png
Anyways, allllllll the way on the other side of the map is the guy we have to kill. Oh, and we have to do it in 25 turns. We basically spend all of the last few chapters on some sort of time limit, which is okay. Here, it's not that big of a deal, but the map is large and full of enemies, so you can't dilly-dally with shopping for TOO long.
UAENIuI.pngFgRnN4g.png
The generics are level 8 now. Their stats are almost worth worrying about.
vtPnBnl.pngDn4FX7V.png
Blood weapons everywhere, and we STILL don't have a blood sword for Iivari!
ubB777a.pngZG4nOYK.png
The big Merc leader himself is another boss with no 2-range options or healing, which at this point is pretty pathetic. All the same, you don't have the TIME to just chip him down, so you'll need to take riskier strategies to get rid of him. It's an odd sort of balance.
NEXT TIME: At least they're not bandits! It's not stereotypical? Right? RIGHT?

Donwik looks better in a monocle :u

The time limit isn't that big a deal unless you turtle hard, I cleared it with all houses (including the unimportant ones) in 15 turns. At your rate it'll probably be 20.

Donwik looks better in a monocle :u

The time limit isn't that big a deal unless you turtle hard, I cleared it with all houses (including the unimportant ones) in 15 turns. At your rate it'll probably be 20.

I turtle hard

Death or Glory: Episode 9: Chapter 8: Part 1: Merc Murder

8xIujul.png

Starting off on the right foot!

19X1HdB.png

Generic enemy armored brigands...looks we'll have to kill them all!

R1AnjKW.png

Setup for the first turn. Don't overexert yourself trying to kill every enemy immediately around you, try to last out the first enemy phase and then clear the area on the second or third turn.

bots1md.png

Beauteous!

72gXEai.png

Hah hah, wrong weapon choice lo-

GfvhsMK.png

OH WHAT THE HECK

SxO1WLo.png

Kai. Strength. Strength or you won't be good anymore!

xGSrqX8.png

Mil is holding up too.

Vn4cvXP.png

Start of the third turn, the area around is safe but more people are coming!

WFr3lbn.png

Bluh.

yaFu8aW.png

We've split into two groups. One group is heading for the less-guarded bottom(for a very good reason) and the other is gonna try to seize the main part of the town.

ZRNqi6D.png

Beautiful! Is it just me, or is Vidar getting pretty great?

vjcQVGp.png

You too, Iivari. 8 strength is pathetic, though...

QD4XhUG.png

Speed cap! Woo! It kinda feels odd to be seeing green numbers in a hack like this, though...

tCFciCT.pngp1QTXye.png

Citizen derp- I’ll have you know I just brushed shoulders with a most rude group of soldiers; marching south like their backsides were on fire. I wonder what’s going on. . .
Not sure if that's supposed to talk about the dudes headed for Ragnar's group. If so, then that really doesn't make sense. How did she encounter them and then return here long before they arrived?
E78PDeX.png
Defense! It's like Iivari, but worse and with 1 more strength!
dKzIdR4.pngN05nqD3.png
Speaking of which...
Yeah, forget Kai. Iivari is the new awesome guy. He really is the best myrm ever...
DKxHMre.png
Defenses. I'll take it!
BQqifqp.png
THANKS A LOT, THIEF
Ugx4oJG.pngZqaFZfw.png
So, basically, reinforcements waves come every 5 turns. These are the first.
j0EgLcw.png
Meanwhile, the bottom group has just about finished their trek...
WzHyXYb.png
1% CRIT HOLY CRAP
7v7DXuP.pngzFhlqAc.png0dARDnC.png
The vendor has a pretty standard selection. Also, unless Abner died, don't bother with the keys. You'll see why soon enough.
VFtMW8Y.pngna3MR6a.png
Don't you just LOVE it when this happens?
Ra3Ycs4.png
Also, Ragnar taking it TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Why did I give him the Monocle...
1mFtwkZ.png
And then he gets a meh level, too!
What if...
WHAT IF IIVARI IS STEALING ALL THE LUCK
HxgG6N2.png
You MUST have Mil visit this house. There is a very good reason.
Agge6sd.pngM7d86VZ.png
Red derp #12,996- meanwhile, I’ll be taking the night shift at Killow.
Red derp #12,997- I still can’t see why we need to watch that place.
Red derp #12,996- I know. They’re nothin’ but a bunch of pansy Nazurian scholars. What are they going to do?
Red derp #12,997- Read us to death?
Red derp #12,996- Hahahaha! And that, good fellows, is the account of Sir Redbarrel. I found his philosophical stands most fascinating.
Red derp #12,997- Hahahaha! You ought to be the court jester!
CI1VOEe.png
Mil- Still, I must inform Ragnar of this. And look at that, one of them dropped something. . . Woah! The magic in it is so potent.
MLVtK68.pngRg1vfpf.png
So yeah, we get this totally great item. However, you need to visit this with Mil to unlock something very very very important. If you don't visit the house with Mil, you get this instead:
(Enter two soldiers)
Red derp #12,996- I almost envy you.
Red derp #12,997- Oh, why?
Red derp #12,996- I signed on for land. Four acres of it.
Red derp #12,997- Wishing you had’ve taken gold? With the advance?
Red derp #12,996- Hah! More than you realize. Anyway. . . finished buying trinkets?
Red derp #12,997- That merchant drove a hard bargain. . . but, yes. I have a night shift at the prison soon.
(Exit soldiers enter player character)
Player character- . . . Oh? What’s that?
And then presumably you get the same item. Kinda obscure, and the item makes it seem like you'd done the right thing even if you hadn't. Ah well.
NAWkDt0.png
Abner hocks that gem we got last time. Now we can stock up!
PML3SwC.png
We didn't kill that many enemies, but now the town is way more empty. However...well, you'll see.
RIGHT NOW.
1aYqDRL.png0qrLGZz.png
Archers/a merc from the same area as last time, and a thief from the bottom...
okGqZHJ.png
ON. ENEMY. PHASE.
I HATE enemy phase reinforcements with a passion, especially after playing corrupt theocracy. And this hack uses them QUITE A LOT, and doesn't always give you the courtesy of spawning them far away from our guys!
q3XeFji.png
Oh, and there were bandits from the top too.
Also, that female thief?
mrfwdqR.png
This is the valuable Abner was talking about. Make sure not to kill her before getting it!
hE4kA64.png
Badrick has to heal until Mil can arrive to help! I was hoping to get them through to the top, but now there are too many enemies pressing forward!
kSenpLd.png
...Okay.
c1ne2pB.pngfwxMWQx.png
Worst Blacksmith Ever- Isn’t it a marvelous piece of work? Light enough for a babe to lift, yet strong enough to tangle with any plate. You want it? Sure! Go ahead! I was only gonna admire it anyway. Hope you get some use out of it.
4dyKoXf.png
And then he just GIVES us this awesome weapon!
pDtRK8l.png
...Well, semi awesome. Brave effect and lack of heaviness if nice, but is it really "strong enough to tangle with any plate"? I'm not seeing it.
fVroC7H.png
Badrick, do you WANT to stay low-leveled forever?
H3t0jIm.png
WHY IS THE RNG GOING AGAINST ME
FhfJYva.pngyTY02a2.png
Phew, things are back to-
3Uqpvnn.pngrHSvBsl.png
DANGIT
mK69pAq.png
Phew, that's better.
...I...think that series of images may have basically summed up my entire time playing FE...
5QMXd2I.png
This is okay, we need her alive! She's got the goods!
rbA4NdB.pngLbpZm0N.pngwzVOfDd.png
Lots more reinforcements, but on player phase this time. I have to get the bottom group out of there...
jcXeLyi.png
Man, these reinforcements are keeping the enemy numbers high! I've killed so many...
NEXT TIME: It gets worse

Well, the boss is a definite downgrade from the previous one.

This feels quite a bit like HHM Pirate Ship where you just get swarmed from all directions constantly, except here you actually have to go out and not turtle.

Also, when I said the previous level was the end of theact, what I meant was it was the end of essentially like part one of a storyline, as in we reached a climax, and, well, we did. Between the first promoted boss and all the plot that happened, I'm saying that this level is Act 2 Stage 1.

Finally, I think Abner showed up and said the "I think I have to leave for now" thing because Matthew shows up to say that in Lyn's storyline in FE7 and I don't think it's possible to remove that particular occurence from happening.

Well, the boss is a definite downgrade from the previous one.

This feels quite a bit like HHM Pirate Ship where you just get swarmed from all directions constantly, except here you actually have to go out and not turtle.

Also, when I said the previous level was the end of theact, what I meant was it was the end of essentially like part one of a storyline, as in we reached a climax, and, well, we did. Between the first promoted boss and all the plot that happened, I'm saying that this level is Act 2 Stage 1.

Finally, I think Abner showed up and said the "I think I have to leave for now" thing because Matthew shows up to say that in Lyn's storyline in FE7 and I don't think it's possible to remove that particular occurence from happening.

This definitely isn't "Act 2 Stage 1", More of "Act 1 Final Stage". There are three main arcs to the first act of the game(not counting the prologue): "Save Zerenus"(Chapters 1-3), "Save Azalia"(Chapters 4-7), and "Save Guntram"(Chapters 8-10). Come to think of it, the team does quite a bit of saving...

Yeah, I figured that was the reason for Matthew's thing, but I've seen other hackers remove it before, so I wasn't sure why that wasn't done here.

Death or Glory: Episode 9: Chapter 8: Part 2: Shopping, Levels, and Turn Limits

4rcjwKW.png

Vidar can one-round!

More and more of our units are gaining this capability...and I love it!

NClGSu8.png

HAMMER TIME

Man I need to stop making this joke

zxL23L7.png

There aren't that many enemies, but all our units are spread out! We need to pull together to push and defeat the boss!

QbUfhbx.png

Vidar wants to one-round more in the future, apparently! Man, I'm so glad I chose him over Tero...

dPDTHbJ.png

Iivari, you are going to become useless if you don't gain strength. But if you do, you will become a speedy fighter tank and it will be amazing.

uGl9FpD.png

Rinoa's really delicate and still needs to be escorted.

ZMKNBNc.png

WELL GEE, THANKS A LOT ENEMY THIEF

GXO7ONH.png

However, I think in the end I came out better on the deal.

WDzxlTv.pngwCzpo01.pngFAffoyR.png

The armory has lots of items(no iron...), so buy everything you need, but make sure not to blow ALL your cash. You'll see why in Chapter 9.

Either way, I pick up more weapons for some of my units, since I'm running out.

Also, you know how I got a Glam from a chest last chapter, and thought it was good, but now I can just buy it at the shop? Yeah, getting good items only for them to suddenly appear in shops will become a theme.

Hey, can I scroll down a bit more?

GcmjgSX.png

LONGBOW

I SO grab one for Kai.

GjYOcal.png

Hah, these Nanbanfu fools are easy t-

Lruoqyr.png

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING

ZBTB6e0.pngtVLhfZd.png

I honestly did not expect those to hit.

DD3c3PR.png

Man, why is everyone just gaining tons and tons of strength? Seriously, Iivari/Melanie are the only ones with a below-10 strength score.

iNUcQib.png

Nice, things are looking pretty clear! We can finish soon!

msLgloq.pngoduKzLs.png

Fruit Gusher- Have you heard of the master swordsman? He’s so tough! He don’t take guff from nobody. And he’s mysterious, too! His sword goes WOOSH! And then you’re dead! I was down at the docks trying to catch some ‘gulls. . . What? I wasn’t swinging at ‘em! I swear! I’m telling the truth, ya hear! I even saw something shiny down there while I was tryin’ to catch ‘em. But, I got hungry and left. . . So HONGRY!
*note, typo intentionally left in by me, even though it actually wasn't there in-game*
I think he's talking about Iivari, guys.
JrPOv0I.png
Kai is now becoming a myrm archer.
pW7aquy.png
Mil lures out an archer, but I forgot about the nature of this specific archer. I once again get lucky with the lack of crits.
q60PiDp.png
And again, but Iivar isn't as worried.
0vvducB.png
These pirates have a lot of skill...
viu7lCd.pngJ9vXZd2.png
Oh, great! More reinforcements! Sure hope you didn't think we were actually close to finishing!
8G4ePwJ.png
Defense, defense is good. At this rate you're going to trivialize Iivari, Kiowa.
PZQaNow.png
Defense and speed is good for you too, Ragnar. Once you can double everyone with a steel lance, then you'll be truly amazing.
QzltMvT.pngn3fFNwH.png
Seeing a fighter dodge another fighter looks weird, what with those axes...
tE3lWd1.png
*sigh*
tyJlwK7.pngVv0bqzQ.png
Villager- Well, word has it that Lakota has been taken. It’s. . . I remember a few weeks ago I was giving prayers to the Gods and my ancestors alike; thanking them for our good fortune. . . Times are changing, friend. Times are changing mighty fast.
Huh, looks like that other nation mentioned earlier fell. Dang. I like how it's implied that Silvatica's domination is progressing elsewhere as you struggle to resist them.
sDwAB3N.png
Thief level. I was wrong, Abner also doesn't have that much strength. Not to mention, all of his stats(save luck) are lower than Iivari's. Such a bad thief,,.
i3iLGrb.pngaiDmoyw.png
Okay, okay. I think it's time to wrap this up. The boss is the only one left.
XRJAEGe.png
What happens if I just sit and do nothing until the timer runs out?
nNqaZy7.png
ENEMY PHASE REINFORCEMENTS SHOW UP. THAT'S WHAT.
Well, I guess we're not done yet!
0tXsjMg.png
Come on thief, stop shivving my religions!
WPfZSdt.png
Defenses!
6oC49pk.png
Okay, I really need to get started on this guy, We're running out of time here!
le9JcIa.png
Amon- but if you are willing to die for that man, so be it.

Hey! How does he know about Guntram? Did the wanted poster thingy have that much info?

BQw9ry3.png

This isn't gonna be easy, is it?

65AjwgZ.png

Ragnar- . . . Do you know how many people have thrown their lives away by facing me?
Amon- Enough to make your head very, very expensive?
Ragnar- You had your chance to walk away. I hope the thought of gold was worth it.
So, anyway, at about this point, I had to quit suddenly, and when I came back later I decided to apply the fix patch I was given for 8x. But here's the thing. I didn't know whether I was supposed to patch over the normal DoG patch, or make a new FE rom and use the patch on that. I decided to try the former first.
mjcy0s1.pngPzBOjfd.png
I WAS WRONG
S8YhT3f.png
Okay, okay, NOW we can see what happens if you're too slow.
r1V7CcH.pngZ4Vo4F7.png
PROMOTED UNITS COME EVERYWHERE
JsUPJv9.png7I4EtWI.png
Donwik- I. . . We’re not getting out of this one, Ragnar.
dLAE2n3.png
H8Zxaao.png
The chapter looks like it's going to go on...
GwzhbEf.png
But the instant one of the enemies moves...
7f1gaTz.png
Yeah.
You know, I honestly liked the way dream of five handled this sort of thing better.

Promoted units show, but the chapter doesn't game over, and they will chase you down and kill you very quickly if you don't finish the chapter within a turn or two after the time limit expires.

Wm77AfF.png
HOWEVER, due to the way enemy prioritization works, we can get Amon to attack before any of the promoted units move on enemy phase...
fLuB7QW.png
And Mil can counter-kill him(ignore the screenshot discrepancy)...
oNaPqha.png
...And then we still get a game over anyway. Never mind then, I guess the game over script overrides the "you win" script.
NhGljkQ.png
So, NONE OF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPNED! What really happened is us slowly chipping the boss down!
umqkyH7.pngkdJwR5T.png
And Mil gets the kill!
sOIfvQf.png
Amon- I should’ve gone to. . . Lakota.
4OT2knG.png
And a meh level. Of course.

CONCLUSION INCOMING!

Edited by TheMoniker

The CHAPTER 8 CONCLUSION!

49tXTWW.png

Ragnar- Don’t fall and don’t get lost.
0HHERVY.png
The promoted generics still arrive, but they're TOO LATE!
R9H6LGv.png
So, I think Ozam is supposed to be the paladin. However, he will appear in gameplay soon, and he WON'T be a paladin when he appears then. He won't even be promoted. Kinda inconsistent.
Ozam- And Ragnar?
Red derp #18,526- The trail’s cold.
Ozam- Shackle the villagers. We’ll net ourselves a tidy sum yet.
Red derp #18,526- Sir.
Wait, what?
CcIIgSr.pngk7wX5Zy.png
Why are soldiers going everywhere?
LOdzSGX.png
AND THEN COMES THE FLAME EFFECTS
xalhR2C.png
Red derp #18, 527- Just call it bad luck.
Villager- No you can’t! We paid our taxes! We gave over our stock!
So yeah, they just destroyed an Azalian village and enslaved all it's villagers. Very evil. At this rate, Azalia won't even have a population to save.
KvUk4ht.png
Red derp 18,528- 132. I’d say twenty got away before we could reach ‘em.
Well, at least some escaped.
Soldier- Good. We make for Spandua, soldier. The slaves’ll be readied for transport, and more likely than not, Ragnar will be there.
Red derp 18,528- Of course, sir.
Now, back to our heroes...
RiiYSnl.png
(Ragnar faces Donwik)
Ragnar- Speak.
Donwik- . . . Are you still prepared to assault Spandua?
Ragnar- Yes.
Donwik- Will you not think straight? We struggled against a damned mercenary squad! How the hell are we supposed to break into the single most well-guarded prison on the continent?
Well, I wouldn't call that "struggling", but yeah, we still only have about 14 soldiers, and for some reason we can only use 10-11 of them at a time. This is still in-story suicide.
Ragnar- I don’t know.
Donwik- . . . I asked you this once before, and now I’ll ask again. . . Are you still in control.
(Ragnar faces away from Downik and closes his eyes)
Ragnar- Yes.
Are you SURE?
zpQqZIt.png
Ah, here it is. The reward you get for making Mil visit that village. This dialogue won't appear if you don't.
Downik- Of course.
Mil- To be blunt: I overheard two Silvaticans’ talking about a slave prison – Killow I think – where Nazurian slaves are being readied for transport. I. . . I want to see if my mother is there.
Donwik- I’m sorry, Mil. You know we haven’t much time left, let alone enough to break into a prison.
Yeah, about one day has passed. Two days remain, and should we really spend them pursuing a sidequest?
Mil- I know it was never set in stone, but I beg you. If you can’t spare the time. . . then, I’ll go myself.
Ragnar- . . . No. We can afford the detour. Go tell the platoon, Mil. Tonight we free those slaves.
Mil- (Toggle smile) Yes, sir!
(Exit Mil)
Donwik- . . . This. . . Why take such a risk? What are you planning?
Ragnar- Nothing, yet.
Hmm...

8opynfp.png

So yup, we're doing that 1 gaiden now! I have a lot to say about this chapter, and I'll discuss it next time.

NEXT TIME: The first gaiden!

H8Zxaao.png
The chapter looks like it's going to go on...
GwzhbEf.png
But the instant one of the enemies moves...
7f1gaTz.png
Yeah.
You know, I honestly liked the way dream of five handled this sort of thing better.

Promoted units show, but the chapter doesn't game over, and they will chase you down and kill you very quickly if you don't finish the chapter within a turn or two after the time limit expires.

Really? Perhaps I should try Dream of Five out then...

ER MEH GERD STORY DEEPENING....WHAI IS THIS MAKING ME FEEL EMOTION? WHAT EMOTION IS THIS!?!??!?! WHAT'S HAPPENINGSLKGHDLASJHLKDGHLSDH*head explodes*

Yeah, I'm actually starting to care about the characters too... I WANNA KNOW ABOUT RAGNAR AND GUNTRAM'S RELATIONSHIP

Hello everyone! Time to dive into,..

The CHAPTER 8x PRELUDE!

94K1pu9.pngaCOg0i4.png

We zoom in on... "Prison". I thought this place did have a name?

LLf5IPm.png

We're hiding in the woods outside the place. No, this isn't the way we're attacking.

et4hYis.png

Ragnar- The guard is lax. More than I’ve ever seen.
Mil- They know that no-one is coming for the prisoners.
Except us!
Ragnar- Good. We’ll have the element of surprise. Let us make this quick.
bR8jOhA.png
Mil- Whoever is listening. . . Please let her be in there.
Hmmm...I guess we'll find out...
dzu4nYT.png
So yeah, THIS is the map we're fighting on.
BvnFZrC.png
Ragnar- Don’t.
Mil- . . . I never said I would, Lieutenant. I anxious and nervous, but I’m not an idiot.
Ragnar- . . . Hmph. This looks like the first cell. Shall we?
v2PH9wf.png
Red derp #idk- Hmm?
Red derp #???- There was a merchant, he might have even been a mage, and he was selling some trinket.
Red derp #idk- You lost it?
Red derp #???- . . . Yes.
Hah! It was the light cape! Which we took!
Red derp #idk- How much did you fork over?
Red derp #???- 4, 000
Red derp #idk- Ouch.
I should have tried to sell it, to see if it was worth $2000.
TOES8Jc.png
Suddenly, there's a bowstring sound...
Red derp #idk- You hear that?
Red derp #???- All I can hear is my empty purse.
Red derp #idk- I’m being serious! There was a creak.
Red derp #???- So? This place is old. We’re probably lucky it doesn’t come down on our heads.
Red derp #idk- We ought to check it out.
Red derp #???- . . . Sure. My legs need a stretch, anyway.
3axfYDa.pngs4BR2dX.png
So, no one notices that they're two feet in front of us? Anyone? No?
Ragnar- (Toggle smile) Run, Mil.
pLROuWb.png
Ragnar- I’m freeing these slaves.
Soldier- You’re what-
Ragnar- And you are Silvatican men, no? Go and inform your commander that Lieutenant Ragnar is here.
So, he totally abandoned the stealth advantage when he could have easily just taken these two guys out? I'm starting to think Ragnar is enjoying killing these guys...
rXiRXYp.pngEFKaMBI.png
Ragnar- They’re. . . sloppy. Low in number.
Not true, at least in gameplay!
Donwik- Do you think they’ve been without combat for some time?
Ragnar- Yes. This’ll be over before the moon centers the sky.
END DIALOGUE
SQSnEC7.png
So...this chapter.
In the old patch, this was BY FAR my least favorite chapter in the game. It was an unrewarding, hard-for-all-the-wrong-reasons slog of PAIN. I was really hoping it had improved...and it has. A bit.
SRB0HSt.png
We have EIGHT deployment spots. Even for a mission like this, that's still pretty low. I pick people carefully, so sorry if any of your favorites aren't coming along. I have to take some muscle in addition to those who need training.
FNUJ8bQ.png
Here Badrick, why don't you become EVEN MORE awesome?
0zdzWOO.pnga4T9tbX.png
So yeah, NOT ONLY does it make us have only eight units, it separates us into two groups! It's gonna be a bit challenging if they stay separated, so we want to unite them as soon as possible.
Oh, and that archer on the stairways?
ITZsltJ.png
Yup, a droppable longbow! I wish I hadn't blown all that money on one now! I guess now we have one for Kiowa and Kai...
zZMPtJB.png
After we start the chapter, the civilians appear. They're the main point of the sidequest, and lead to it's main reward.''
Vn3bG6n.pngbVNQ6k8.png
As you can see, the "FE6" approach was taken with these guys. Oh, and if even one dies, then the sidequest can't be completed. They're safe in the cells, but the enemies WILL try and murder them if you open the doors, so don't open the doors until Mil is there to talk to them.

Alright, that's all for now. I can't show much more because of the fog.

And to think that eventually in the series Civilians will be able to have actual stats! Granted, they still die when looked at funny, but it's the thought that counts :)

Also, fog of war! Wonder how many dick moves have been inserted into it? Blood Sword myrms, longbow archers, lancereaver mercs...Heck, if I was feeling particularly dickish, I'd have thrown in a Bolting sage...somewhere near the middle but just out of range of the Civilians and have him not move to not make the sidequest impossible but still cause much pain to your units.

Okay, I know it's still early for Bolting, but come on, you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to do a dick move like that.

Oh, and the red derps were numbered #12,996 and #12,997.

And to think that eventually in the series Civilians will be able to have actual stats! Granted, they still die when looked at funny, but it's the thought that counts :)

Also, fog of war! Wonder how many dick moves have been inserted into it? Blood Sword myrms, longbow archers, lancereaver mercs...Heck, if I was feeling particularly dickish, I'd have thrown in a Bolting sage...somewhere near the middle but just out of range of the Civilians and have him not move to not make the sidequest impossible but still cause much pain to your units.

Okay, I know it's still early for Bolting, but come on, you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to do a dick move like that.

I don't recall any Khanjars in that chapter, surprise surprise. That said the enemy boss has something much worse, and the reinforcements alternate between player and enemy phase spawning (although they're not too hard to block, even with low deployment).

I don't recall any Khanjars in that chapter, surprise surprise. That said the enemy boss has something much worse, and the reinforcements alternate between player and enemy phase spawning (although they're not too hard to block, even with low deployment).

Oh, the boss has something horrible?

Shaman/Druid with Nosferatu? Lanceslayer/Swordslayer? Full weapon triangle of Blood weapons?

Honestly, while Trollinforcements (What I'll call Start of Enemy Phase reinforcements) are annoying and might catch you off guard, they're not THAT horrible, at least when I played FE6 they weren't that much of a problem.

Edited by Xtremekiwi

Oh, and the red derps were numbered #12,996 and #12,997.

Yeah, there's plenty of effective weaponry around, and some crit stuff too, but they actually held off on the reaver weapons. And no, no bolting(THANK GOODNESS),

Oh, the boss has something horrible?

Shaman/Druid with Nosferatu? Lanceslayer/Swordslayer? Full weapon triangle of Blood weapons?

Honestly, while Trollinforcements (What I'll call Start of Enemy Phase reinforcements) are annoying and might catch you off guard, they're not THAT horrible, at least when I played FE6 they weren't that much of a problem.

You'll see what the boss has...and while trollreinforcements might not necessarily be that hard to deal with, the main reason I hate them is because you can't predict where they pop up, so if you happened to have a barely-alive unit near them that you THOUGHT should have been safe, well, TOO BAD. I guess they can be done right, but most hackers don't do them right.

Death or Glory: Episode 10: Chapter 8x: Part 1: Trapped in the Prison of PAIN

hPQulhq.png

We start by taking care of this guy.

nACbWzb.png

Over here, there's no thief to light the way(they have a healer in exchange), so we have to advance cautiously. Wish we had a torch for the thief glitch, that would make things easier!

fVKTdtx.png

And of course, cavaliers with effective weaponry are hiding in the fog. At least Rinoa decided to be awesome.

xvRv6DT.png

Over here, there are cavaliers too.

QVPm2sJ.png

It's a good thing the soldiers don't move! If we had to deal with them at the start while having only 4 units...*shiver*.

VaTQPaR.png

I'm totally okay with this. In fact, I've been trying to use it up. You'll see why.

QHM0Uo6.png

For some reason, while most of the chest keys given have 3 uses, this one only has 1.

3RlE4XF.png

BADRICK WILL TANK also I think that soldier was a reinforcement

QUSdDiO.png

The other side is holding up fine!

BxlLfUS.png

Oh, what, another one? At least Badrick can one-round these guys.

v47xchE.png

Kiowa might actually become BETTER than Iivari, if he keeps getting strength/defense/speed.

FDLBP9v.png

More cavaliers, coming from the top!

Rx3LVWr.png

Never mind, we're cool.

Hg5GKI6.png

Oh, and Ragnar gets A rank. This is the point where everyone starts maxing out their weapon ranks.

BYI1RvE.png

DOUBLING

Seriously though, giving generic soldiers Ridersbane? It weighs them down SO MUCH...

ZwIoSjn.pngijPMVpq.png

Okay, it looks like we've cleared the immediate area,..

CwlwWEp.pngqDjoLP7.png

This is the best way to defeat guard armors!

0Ck7ZoQ.png

Another one? I think some came from the other stairs too.

qOya7gF.png

Come on, Donwick!

4Izr46u.png

Oop, I was right. Myrms! At least they don't have blood edges...

2cgYRyq.png

We're gaining more and more one-rounding ability. And I love it.

yk0COZp.png

EVERYONE IS BLURRING

DqB0QXJ.png

I'll take it!

A4zmapL.png

Mil! I thought you wanted to save your mother? START PERFORMING BETTER.

se8mu08.png

Armors from the back? Of course the stairway at the start spawns someone.

AB7Rjv8.png

RNG REVENGE

F1kKOkH.png

Looks like the two groups have met up. Now we can focus on keeping the place secure while Mil does the sidequest...

wbi3Bs0.png

I KNEW it was a bad idea to use the Battle axe!

6D1U2Hp.pngVetasGm.png

SUCH A BAD IDEA... at least he will miss less!

YFsYlQN.png

Hmmm, looks like we have an armor up there too,,, can't see anyone else though.

kwiTVwn.png

AND THEN REINFORCEMENTS COME

ON ENEMY PHASE

MUCH FAIRNESS

qVnJwrp.png

Abner gets a good level...

CviNHpO.png

AND THEN THEY ALMOST KILL HIM

Seriously, this is why I don't like trollreinforcements. I only survived that by sheer luck!

PmP5EC8.png

Strength! Defense!

ayxfEGU.png

Bet you don't see this happen to myrms often!

SCyaOuA.png

At this point, I decide to start using my magic foresight powers(read: savestates) to check for enemy reinforcements.

nlhY3mE.png

We open some doors...

kvWob0E.png

And get talking!

Sdw8MaB.png

Mil- Fredrick? Is it you, Fredrick?
Prisoner A- That it is. Forty pounds lighter and a little smelly. But, yes.
Mil- Have you seen my mother? Was she brought here?
Prisoner A- . . . No. We were all separated. You should ask some of the others. . . If they are still here. I haven’t seen a friendly face in weeks.
Mil- Thank you, Fredrick. Stay hidden for now.
87Xgpuz.png35sJPVy.png
And then he exits the map. Keep in mind, you MUST talk to the citizens in the right order. You have to talk to this one before you can talk to the next one, and so on.
JNjony3.png
Ah, the old "key inside the chest" trick! I was actually worried about Abner's key running out, but now we're set for the whole campaign!
PmDez54.png
Reinforcements come from down here...
cccEHws.png
Killing armors CREATIVELY!
UVnwHBA.png
WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
eJOK7vn.pngRb9nriT.png
Excellent! This is the C-rank tome, and Mil will appreciate it more than a little.
lEDYrLa.png
No altered icon? Whatever. 10,000 gold! We are going to enjoy this next chapter!
RpdNTUL.pngk5Xffzh.png
Oh, how I wish, I wish we had a convoy...
RNweo2Z.png
And we finish this update with a TERRIBLE level.

The reason I didn't like this chapter in the old patch is because for some reason, none of the enemies in the gaidens gave XP. With reinforcements being spammed everywhere, it got insane. Really, without XP, combat just feels so...unrewarding. Like, you don't feel like you're accomplishing anything when you kill an enemy, you're just wasting weapon uses. It sort of frees you to focus on just pursuing the end goal, but that doesn't really work on a map like this. This chapter is much improved just by the act of letting the enemies give me levels.

And now Ilvari's weakness is starting to show: he desperately needs a Red Wine to overcome his low Str. (this is why I gave him the one in Ch4)

Death or Glory: Episode 10: Chapter 8x: Part 2: Sidequests and The Boss

ef7osex.png

The cavaliers that spawned earlier have caught up!

iX18z1Q.pngtchkgNd.png

NOT THAT IT MATTERS! HAH!

gkDn6W6.pngiNBNm8N.png

And then MORE reinforcements come...

rXH6HUs.png

ON ENEMY PHASE. AGAIN.

l2RNMLK.png

So yeah, the prison that was mostly secure a minute ago? Tons of troops in it now! Yay!

xgJS7pA.png

Oh, and here are some of the troops hanging out here. Still haven't seen the boss, though...

AdSsQRg.png

The myrm has...well, let's just say that Iivari will ENJOY this.

uOuiUnW.png

I CALL HAX

Kz7Q7fi.png

This is totally normal though

bfy1b29.png

Next part of the sidequest!

t05nf3H.png

Mil- Yes, I am. My name is Mil.
Prisoner B- You are but a boy. Freed by a boy! I would curse the Gods if I weren’t so relieved.
Mil- Your own bigoted ways aside, have you seen a woman? Her name is Nora.
Prisoner B- I haven’t seen anyone bar the guard who throws my slops.
Mil- . . . I see.
Prisoner B- Look. We were separated by gender. . . I think. There should be another woman next by, either it’ll be her, or someone who knows where she might be.
Mil- (Toggle smile) Thank you.

arP9Umg.png

We're making progress here! The civilian makes his hasty escape, so now we have to go to that lady... WILL IT BE MIL'S MOTHER?

hH3kva2.png

Ugh, even more reinforcements from the bottom of the map...kinda makes me wish there was an actual reason to go down there, but the bottom corridor is just there to hold reinforcements.

daUDvtu.png

Speed! Strength!

jNEBVcF.png

Oh come ON!

vwg3jUr.png

Here we go... is this Mil's mother?

GA037Qd.png

Prisoner C- Please don’t touch me. P-Please d-don’t. . .
Mil- It’s okay! I’m not here to hurt you.
Prisoner C- You’re. . . a boy?
Mil- Yes.
Prisoner C- Thank the Gods. Have you come to free us?
Mil- I have. But first. . . have you seen a woman with red hair? Her name is Nora-
Prisoner C- Are you Mil? Oh! You are. . . She spoke so fondly of you.
Mil- Where is she? Which cell?
Prisoner C- I’m sorry, Mil. . . But they took her.
Mil- . . . So FUCKING close.
Mil doesn't actually curse in-game, not sure why it was removed...
Prisoner C- But, there was a man they swapped with her.
(Mil faces back)
Mil- Where? Tell me!
Prisoner C- I-I think they took him down the hall. He was shouting. . . towards the end I could hardly hear him.
Mil- . . . Thank you. Stay out of sight until the fighting stops.
UBgFw5U.pngWCLqtnk.png
She leaves. Since the last guy has a male sprite, I'm having doubts that we'll actually find Mil's mother...
NEv9Jkh.png
The reinforcements don't seem to be coming anymore, so we start working our way there. Also, why is there a myrm in this cell? Does Silvatica imprison its own soldiers? WHILE THEY'RE ARMED?
R3YRJH5.png
Whatever. Badrick almost takes him out with an attack I didn't expect to actually hit...
OGZH6Bp.png
And Kiowa FAILS to finish him!
nvTGdMn.png
I find some other way to take him out. Also, why does this wall have 50 HP? It's kinda annoying...
s3ud1Bs.png
Eventually we break through(note that I've started moving the rest of the army to the top)...
YJdfMZX.png
Oh hi Jake.
Prisoner D- Come closer so that I might spit on your ugly face.
8V4npBF.png
Prisoner D- It cannot be. You lie!
Mil- No! I’m looking for my mother! You have to believe me.
Prisoner D- . . . Aye, I believe you. Silvatica is far too dumb to send a boy in. Your mother, what does she look like?
Mil- Short with red hair. Her name is-
Prisoner D- Nora. I saw her, I did. They thought she’d fetch a pretty price. They do that, you see. We’re separated based on what we’re worth.
Mil- And she is worth more?
Prisoner D- Yes. When I was bought in. . . they moved her out.
Mil- And you don’t know where?
Prisoner D- No. It can’t be too far, I’d imagine. And it’s likely to be another prison camp.
Mil- . . . Thank you. Stay safe for now.
Prisoner D- Wait! Before you go. . . can you feel it?
Mil- (Closes eyes) . . . Yes. What is that?
Prisoner- I’d say it’s a ward. A strong one, too. I wonder what it’s protecting?
Mil- I noticed it in all the cells.
Prisoner D- We Nazura folk are sensitive to the arcane. You, I’d say, especially so. Go and look through the other cells, I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
So, we won't actually find Mil's mother this chapter. Kinda makes this feel pointless, doesn't it? This was especially terrible in the old patch, because you go through all this horror and then don't even gain anything in-story from it. Here though, we WILL gain something, in story and in gameplay. You'll see.
2fXFoZn.png
The dude we saved sticks around this time. No idea why he doesn't just run out.
tIjGeWn.png
So, in order to find the meaning of the rune discussed earlier(and you can't until you actually talk to that last civilian), you have to break down this seemingly random wall, and have someone walk into the cell. It can be anyone, not just Ragnar.
9ecsDAX.png
Ragnar- What sort of magic was holding this lance in check?
So now, we get the AMAZING, the POWERFUL, the EXCELLENT...
BfuCAcx.png
SECOND LORD PRF WEAPON!
c3Kej2I.png
Yeah, I call over-hyped. This lance isn't exactly BAD, and Ragnar becomes an insane unit against armors/cavs when equipped with it, but I was kinda expecting something a bit more...special.
5pEyh9g.png
He has like 1 less defense than Iivar now. But Iivari still has an advantage in everything-that-isn't-strength.
6O8OBxg.png
Oh look, there was an archer hanging out back there.
RzMgIHA.png
WITH EFFECTIVE WEAPONRY
OH THE PAIN
wfCNCEE.png
Open the floodgates!
G2cffoP.png
He doesn't even crit.
FlmbtOr.png
So yeah, there's a lot of sword-users hiding out there. And the boss!
aPWqyxe.pngkA6S8w5.png
Gus is ANOTHER mercenary boss, and he's the most insane one yet. Oh, and that weapon?
bBf2QhQ.png
Yup, a magic sword! And don't be expecting a renamed light brand, this thing is WAY more powerful! Gus conveniently has just enough CON to hold that Wt fine, and so the thing's only weakness is it's low hit, which we aren't able to abuse yet because we only have unpromoted units to work with.
This boss is INSANE, and we will have a tough time dealing with him.
XxI0QN0.png
Just...disregard this screenshot.
zgZv2me.png
Donwick does MURDER
IYVHh1L.png
Using Badrick = BAD IDEA
Okay, there's only one person who can handle this...
f5PNp1t.png
IIVARI!
xd4iDlW.png
He kills the dude with the blood sword! ULTIMATE POWER IS NOW HIS!
1XG5iu4.png
No idea why Gus attacked Iivari instead of Donwick. Also, boss quotes weren't in the text notes, but he basically say:
Gus-I'll lock you up and torture you forever!
MGWz9M3.png
Yeah, not afraid of you. Iivari's way better!
0xEPLQE.png
Come on, crit!
0lr5wTX.png
And...he doesn't crit.
83VBlSl.png
He does dodge though! We'll finish next turn...
m410gR4.png
We all chip, and...
GmPvaWX.pngXSv9FUD.png
Who else should I give the kill to?
cZUIzUr.pngJaDKXZ1.png
Mil gets an excellent level out of the ordeal. We should do this more often!
WX6BToG.png
Mil- . . . No. They moved her.
Ragnar- I’m sorry, Mil.
f9WlODC.png
Mil- (Eyes closed) I couldn’t find her, Rinoa. I-I. . . I really thought I’d find her.
Fgy6rFP.png
Rinoa- I’m so sorry, Mil.
Mil- (Eyes closed) . . .
Awww...that's actually really cute...
dUnzEmg.png
Wait, what? It's over already? But...there are two very important pieces of dialogue that didn't play!
First one:
(Enter Ragnar and two of the villagers from before)
Villager- Sir Knight, where will we go now?
Ragnar- . . . You would run? Run away after all they’ve done to you?
Villager- What can we do? We were never trained to fight.
Ragnar- You are Nazurian. You are all touched by the arcane. You have power! You can have your revenge.
Villager- B-But-
Ragnar- Do you not want them to pay, then? You were taken from your homes! You watched as your own families and those of your friends were torn apart! They sold your children to RICH and FAT and UGLY NOBLES! THEY TOOK EVEYTHING! AND YOU WOULD LET THEM GO UNPUNISHED! Are you all such cowards?
Villager- . . . No.
Villager- No! We want them to burn for what they did to us!
Ragnar- Then salvage what you can! We march on to Spandua.
Second one:
Donwik- Was this your plan?
Ragnar- . . . It is no plan of mine. They only-
Donwik- BULLSHIT! You humored the boy so you could gather your own damn army!
Ragnar- We are eighty strong now, Donwik! That’s eighty more soldiers we can use to bring Guntram home.
Donwik- (Downcast face) Are. . . are they merely tools to you?
(Exit Donwik)
Ragnar- . . . I’m sorry.
It's a pity these didn't play, since they're actually really important to the story!

No special conclusion update because it was actually short this time.

NEXT TIME: That one chapter shown for FEE3

You know, after all the hype the boss was given...I expected a bit more, honestly. Yes, those are some properly good stats, but I expected something more interesting then a magic-sword wielding merc. Maybe if he was using a Runesword I would have let it slide, but as is...yeah.

On a more positive note, finally a Blood Sword for Iivari! Took long enough, game!

You know, after all the hype the boss was given...I expected a bit more, honestly. Yes, those are some properly good stats, but I expected something more interesting then a magic-sword wielding merc. Maybe if he was using a Runesword I would have let it slide, but as is...yeah.

On a more positive note, finally a Blood Sword for Iivari! Took long enough, game!

Really, a 24-attack RES hitting enemy is a big deal. But yeah, he's only hard if you're not prepared for him, and I was.

The CHAPTER 9 PRELUDE!

1W37FAM.png4xBLfwM.png

Ragnar- What have you seen?
Tero- The way is clear. Once we pass Free Keep we should be another three hours from Spandua.
Nice! This is the middle of the second day, we can make it!
Ragnar- What condition is Free Keep in? Has it been claimed by Silvatca?
Vidar- Their flag flies from her battlements. Likely they took it after the first assault on Azalia.
Ragnar- Is it guarded?
Tero- ‘Tis. But poorly. . . I think it’s a slave camp.
Vidar- I’ve the feeling it’s a prison. We can pass through well enough.
No, this isn't the actual location of Mil's mom.
Ragnar- It once was home to the Siege Master, correct?
Tero- If our lessons are true, yes. Killow and Spandua were border posts. While Free Keep acted as a contingency plan incase either were taken.
Vidar- I heard it was used for storage during these past few years?
Tero- For the siege equipment. They held training there, too, apparently.
Ragnar- . . . Alright. Dismissed.
QPu2ULW.png
Ragnar- . . . The hanging is set for tomorrow evening. If we take Free Keep today, we can assault Spandua on the ‘morrow.
Donwik- . . . It’s a slave camp, isn’t it?
Ragnar- Or a prison.
Donwik- Does that matter to you?
Ragnar- Not if they can help.
So, we're gonna assimilate these guys into our "army" too...
Also, if chapter 8x was not visited, the last two lines are different:
Donwik- What are you thinking? Truthfully.
Ragnar- We have time, and we need more numbers. That’s what I’m thinking.
dhrCz0Y.png
Here we are, on the actual map.
ep6DRSL.png
Donwik- What sort of numbers are we looking at?
Ragnar- Nothing compared to Spandua. I’ve a feeling they sent most of the guard there. No doubt to keep Guntram secure.
Donwik- If that’s the case we’re most likely breaking out non-combatants.
Ragnar- Either way, once we make it known that I’m here, they’ll march out to face us.
Donwik- That’s a dangerous assumption, Ragnar. You know as well as I do that shutting the front door and staying holed up for a year is standard protocol. What if they send a runner? Lock the gate? We’ll be caught between Free Keep and whatever reinforcements they send.
Ragnar- Maybe it would be if any normal force was to begin an assault. I don’t doubt that they outnumber us. They’ll be confident. If they send a runner, so be it. Tell me though: do feel as if they’ll send a runner? Lock the gate?
Donwik- . . . No. They’ll march out and face us. It’ll be the gold on your head that clouds their senses.
Ragnar- Yes. Likely they’ll mobilize everyone, too. Bar a few who will be kept behind to act as peace keepers for those still imprisoned.
Donwik- We’ll wipe out those on the outside and hunt down those within, then?
Ragnar- Yes. We must act quickly in our initial assault. . . we can’t afford giving them the time to retreat.
I do like all this tactics talk, even if it isn't reflect in gameplay. You know what would be really cool? If we had a map where we could actually see the inside of the forts, and had to send a force in to kill everyone and seize their thrones. Just a thought.
v1XC7SL.pngLreHdmm.png
Oh look, it's the dude who tried to apprehend Ragnar.
DWTTAR- Oh? Who does she belong to?
Soldier- . . . Ragnar, sir.
DWTTAR- My, oh, my!This is to be a joyous day, soldier. Oh, so joyous! Can you believe MY luck?
Soldier- Sir?
DWTTAR- (Faces away from soldier) Oh, think of the promotions! Lord *Bosses name*! And the gold. And the. . . women (Toggle smile). Bless you Gods! Bless you.
I like this guy already. Pity we'll have to MURDER him.
Soldier- Um, sir?
DWTTAR- (Faces back) Hm? Oh, yes. Rally all of the men. We’re meeting him on the field.
Soldier- Are you sure that’s wise?
DWTTAR- . . . Fine. If you would question me so, you may stay behind and keep watch over the slaves. Will that alleviate you worries?
Soldier- I-I. . . Sir-
DWTTAR- Dismissed.
Soldier- . . . Very well.
lPaqLhg.png
waTM3Jl.png
And then, when we scroll down again, people have appeared everywhere.
u6xQyv1.png
Ragnar- Yes. You can always depend on the recklessness and greed of men. More likely than not it’s all the cause of one empty headed commander.
Donwik- (Toggle smile) Bless their souls. By the numbers out there I’d say they plan on overwhelming us.
Raganr- Then we’d do well to use the narrow paths ahead. Their large numbers won’t mean a thing if only one may face us at a time. We whittle their numbers down and then make our assault.
This works...but not for long.
Yhpj55n.pngcgkfwi4.png
This is another conversation not included in the text notes. I know I said I'd catch them, but I've been doing a bad job. Basically, Tero is like "THEY TOOK TWO OUTPOSTS WE GOTTA GET THEM BACK"
dYsyxUb.png
Ragnar-WE GOTTA SEND TWO GROUPS TO TAKE THE OUTPOSTS WHILE WE MARCH FORWARD, LET'S MAKE THE TWO GROUPS TINY AND IMPOSSIBLY PATHETIC, BEST PLAN EVER
Donwick-OKAY
0x3hytS.png
Back to normal dialogue. This only comes up if you got 8x.
Ragnar- Mil, I need you to tell the Nazuria folk to wait back down the path. We haven’t need of them yet.
Mil- Okay. . .
Ragnar- Is there something you want to say?
Mil- . . . They’ve never seen combat before.
Ragnar- By tomorrow they will.
Mil- They’re not soldiers, Ragnar. They don’t know what’s waiting for them.
Ragnar- I did not force the choice upon them-
Mil- No. Don’t. . . Just don’t.
Ragnar- . . . I don’t have a choice. I need them.
Mil- . . . How many will survive?
Ragnar-Mil, I can’t-
Mil- HOW MANY?
Ragnar-(Downcast face) I don’t know, Mil. I don’t know.
Mil- (eyes closed) . . .
There was actually more dialogue after this(which can be seen in the FEE3 video-all the dialogue can be seen there), but I'm confused as to why it wasn't in the notes.
END DIALOGUE
S98d4AE.png
Time to start! This is a "defeat all OR seize" map, which is kinda nice.
5BQff8C.png
Still only 11 units? Okay then. Mil gets left out because he's had enough focus, and I'm gonna try to get Melanie some levels since she's fallen behind.
uGHP47L.png
Here's our formation. Let's start the chapter before I show anything else...
Z81QnLg.pngMjJ8gTa.png
This is ANOTHER convo not in the notes. I'd honestly suggest you go to the FEE3 thread and watch the video, just because of all the dialogue I missed. It basically goes like this:
Lady- WE GOTTA GO
Bro- But why, they're gonna save us!
Lady- No, can't you see? They're EEEVIIILLLLL!
qhH7Gb3.png
And then the old guy does a skit that is very offensive to hearing-impaired people.
Our characters also chip in:
VnHFPvb.png
Argo- A field of blood! And it all belongs to Silvatica.
Kai- T’was a well fought battle.
Argo- You’re not injured?
Kai- No. And I take it you are not either?
Argo- If I were, it would only be a mere scratch.
Kai- Rinoa will be pleased.
Argo- That she will. . . Twenty-
Kai- (Toggle smile) Twenty-one.
Argo- . . . You smug bastard!
I don't understand, did they fight another battle before this?
kly5gBT.png
Iivari- You do know it is considered dishonorable to pilfer from the dead?
Abner- Hearsay! Lighten up, Jillian.
Iivari- Jillian? A fine name for a female. . . of which I am not.
Abner- So you keep saying.
6f9doz8.png
Iivari- Squinting buffoon.
I kinda wished we'd get more little characterization scenes like this.
UG91L5K.png
So anyways, here's the map! TONS of enemies, scattered around semi-randomly. Also, note that while most of our troops are in the middle, some are on the sides to attack the forts. The one made up of three has a chance, but the one made of two...not only do they have way more dudes in their way, they're TWO GUYS. You're honestly better off making one of them Melanie and having her rescue the other one so they can rejoin the main group. I won't be trying that at the start here, but looking back I wish I had.
Vb9MGb4.png
Oh, and we have a time limit of 22 turns. Not that restricting, but you can't just sit there all day!
2t6iVDI.pnglHm5Ie0.png
The archers have stealables! I'll see if I can't get them...(the rib bone raises defense, btw)
jUqOqR0.pngUBcKHvv.png
Fedor is a powerful, well equipped axe cavalier. He won't be easy to deal with, but not impossible either. Still, you don't want to be on the receiving end of 30 Atk...
tKfOstO.png
See the knights guarding the fortresses?
d9zYR8M.pngbOIaBfI.png
They're both like this. The gate's boost makes them extra-tanky, and they hit back hard, but they aren't insurmountable. Still, it's hard to handle when you only have 2-3 units to fight them with!
NEXT TIME: THE GAMEPLAY

You know, when I was actually playing this chapter, I noticed a significant jump in quality and general awesomeness compared to the other chapters. I'm guessing it was because of the need to show something for FEE3. Also, this is one of the few chapters that had both story and gameplay totally reworked(in the old patch, it was a timed approach to Spandua, I think).

...the enemy is ALREADY breaking out the Brave weapons and the A-rank thrown weapons? Yeowch.

Well, keep in mind that it was just that archer/those two knight enemies with special weapons, the game isn't spamming them everywhere.

wonder why that extra dialoge wasn't played

No idea why for 8x, but I'd also like to clear up a bit of confusion: Remember how I said there was extra dialogue at the beginning of 9 with the Mil/Ragnar chat? I was mistaken, I was thinking of dialogue that appears in Chapter 10.

Hello everyone! Time to dive into.,..

Death or Glory: Episode 11: Chapter 9: Part 1: Bridge Battle

BEzSrPD.png

And of course we're off to a bad start. I fear for the success of the two-man right-side attack squad...

CX2voOE.png

GIMME THE CASH

Now then, let's look at the wares...

troWS2w.pngkwMQ3he.png

Of course, the instant we get a Pyro for Mil, they start showing up in shops. Nice. This is your last chance to stock up on tomes/staves, but I already have everything I need, so...

Anyways, let's check out the armory!

eqlXpbQ.pngrHMrNZv.pngJcqOO1a.png

OH YES

So, to give you something to spend ALLLL that money on, we have very expensive silver weapons! However, since this is the last shop we're getting before the end of Ragnar's campaign, there's no reason NOT to blow every cent you have here! I spend a lot of this chapter picking up some sweet new silvers to deck the team out with. It's nice to have slightly better equipment than the enemy for once...

kjMYHA5.png

The silver dagger is MORE weighty than the steel dagger(Abner loses 1 AS), but is still less weighty than the silver sword, even if it still costs a lot. I pick up one, even though Abner might be better off with a normal silver sword.

hNfDR1h.png

Back to the fighting, and things still aren't going well.

sqZy5rn.png

MORE text not found in the notes. In fact, a LOT of in-chapter dialogue is left out of the notes. Seriously, go watch the FEE3 video. It will make this chapter a good bit easier to understand.

I guess you'll have to put up with my fake dialogue for now:

RED DERP-We got ALL THE MAGICKS set up

l25c6sv.png

RED DERP-YOU JUST BET

Fedor-YAY HAVE MONEY

SgtTfSz.png

Anyways, the point is that the bridges that let us leave the starting island and go to the mainland will eventually blow up, and we'll be trapped if we don't get off the islands soon.

qdsbwUq.png

Not Badrick though, apparently the armored brigands can cross rivers!

KtHV7NO.png

And he actually defeats his target! And gets a good level! Hurrah!

P1pIGdR.png

This is me, trying to train Melanie. It's not easy.

93a0uM1.pngcHtNSZZ.pngVfoENol.png

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT ENEMIES

MPiTGTu.png

Man, the enemies are really keeping the pressure on! Makes sense, considering what they're gonna do to the bridges!

mpwBwLo.png

Meanwhile, the other group made it off their island, but they're so badly injured they can't safely engage enemies anymore.

jmu1wX1.png

Ragnar rewards himself for all those dodges by needing to dodge less.

SOYyBZ7.png

Iivari subscribes to the same philosophy, having decided he never needs to dodge again.

2Wi8BUk.png

Or get stats.

v27dSwO.png

Abner, you aren't as good as Iivari. You get no free pass. GET GOOD.

3hzlQfP.png

Sigh...you're forgiven...for now...

AvldBiU.png

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET COCKY

skvHS6R.png

Oh dangit! I knew I shouldn't have left him in range of the boss!

tH1IcOm.pngqL4WMo9.pngPTb5wtn.pngos5sNwo.pngpxeoQ2A.png

zuJvyCK.png

Okay, uh, new position.

And yes, it IS still the third turn. The first few turns of this chapter are INTENSE.

9V8yJ2T.pngCPOxkTI.png

*sobs*

oSKUHPN.pngP38HzQt.png

*SOBS*

t0eZE5S.pngjmAX8Y3.pngklUZ5Fn.pngGENY7vt.png

Looks like Iivari's tankiness finally failed him...

1rK9Vl2.png

However, on the third try, he gets his GLITCHY REVENGE

vBsTN0l.png

I may have been wrong about the silver dagger.

V2pJBLv.png

At least Abner's level was a bit better.

BA3W9Ez.png

Oh wow, we cleared the initial wave of enemies and the map is ALREADY looking quite empty!

uU4EgQ9.png

The right group is trying to meet up with the main group, as is the left group.

RoFISFk.png

Today's fact: Armors are not good archers.

qdaGP5m.png

Still worse than Badrick.

V7EG3J8.png

This is Fedor, giving us our one-turn warning(GET OFF THE BRIDGES NOAW)

MaqxTzJ.png

Melanie picks up some more items.

KYsnR1e.png

Kiowa is just barely not strong enough to finish off this ballistician. Really, the ballista guys are some of the most threatening threats in the whole chapter.

q35O5bQ.png

Okay, we've all left the starting islands.

FG3JT7g.png

ARMOR SLAYING SWORD

4fB10HD.png

STUPID BUFFED BALLISTAS

28Vvjgt.png46C6poO.png

BLOWING UP BRIDGES

x6kewxn.pngvN67F6w.png

Ragnar- OH CRAP MAGICKS

Donwick- HOLD ME RAGNAR

sPRgnUz.png

You know, this chapter can seem hard, but remember to take advantage of the forts. It makes things a LOT easier.

UiWDtyn.png

Bye, loser!

Cutting it here, but I'll post the follow-up soon!

Death or Glory: Episode 11: Chapter 9: Part 2: Fort Battle

m8qvqBm.png

For once, we get a GOOD start. Specifically, this is Ragnar, pounding one of the knights guarding the outposts.

75A5ldc.png

Mind you, it doesn't last long.

fRMNT2G.png9T9WyAk.png

I swear, my luck is like a pendulum sometimes.

2ie55CK.png

The reinforcements come, albeit a bit late to do much. They'll ride down quite fast, so don't get TOO close to the boss too early.

Kzb3nJG.png

Good!

IxEcfYl.png

Not good!

pN6pVVk.png

I think I'll have Agro wait.

n0PywoI.png

It's nice to have skill, isn't it, Badrick? Why don't you go show Agro how to gain skill.

qLEHo4P.png

Kiowa tanks out all the cavaliers. Yes.

O3FnfGm.png

The hammer time is real.

5wmjWA4.png

A second wave? That makes them a good bit more threatening!

uKkPrHg.png

Oh, and we totally get the Rib Bone.

00k8QQk.png

And the ballistician.

ZvQojfN.png

Since nobody else is available, Rinoa takes the outpost.

Rinoa- The lieutenant must know we've taken this outpost!

HE'S STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU

qNqIU0a.png

And now the other gate guard is dead!

kKB8Lx1.png

Strength!

wAV3lKb.png

Melanie- Someone tell the lieutenant that free keep is ready to be taken!

You know, the gimmick of having to take smaller outposts is nice, but these outposts don't actually DO anything. They don't spawn reinforcements, or give any once you take them. They're just...not populated with enemies anymore. It makes it feel kinda pointless.

v3EvP3C.png

Kiowa is doing good. I think we can all agree he is the best horseman.

stmYaSB.png

So, the reinforcements have stopped coming, and we're basically just marching straight for the boss castle now.

FlF1jCC.png

OH CRAP HAMMER TIME

riBpsWi.png

Donwick, noting that one of his defense points saved his life, decides to get another.

UpzAl3g.png

Hey Melanie, guess what? You just got DROPPED!

DuZCQMJ.png

SILVER AXE TIME

Seriously, Agro has an INSANE attack while he's using this thing.

R71ovmU.png

Oh yes! Great level! Wish he'd work on those less-important stats a bit though...

RKjwgom.png

Almost done...just gotta take care of that archer...

1PqoJfa.png

Your brave bow is useless when you can't hit anything!

TuPoTsu.png

Fedor- "SEND FOR DUDES, I WANTED GLORY BUT I WANT TO BE SMART TOO"

Soldier- "okay..."

if2Kuet.png

It's not like I NEED this, but it'll be nice to have. Not to mention, the sprite is amazing.

oLFBhYB.png

Fedor- WELP. My men are failures. I gotta handle this myself!

zgEMrMF.png

AND THEN CAVALIERS

Seriously, that's a lot, and we still have to deal with the archer! This is gonna be tough, I'll have to really use careful positioning to keep everybody alive.

*blinks*

jtMwrRW.png

OH LOOK. THEY'RE ALL GONE.

Honestly, my units have gotten powerful enough that when my team works together as a whole, no mooks can stand up to us. I think the maker planned for that, since he spends the last few chapters trying to separate us into multiple small groups.

0JWsy1z.png

But, the boss starts moving!

G8sR4Bw.png

Boss quotes weren't in the note either, sorry.

AW0ZRLl.png

HOLY CRAP

GAH

GAAAAAHHHH

I CALL BS

I CALL BS SO HARD

XfPdAm5.png

HI THERE, MR MOVING BOSS. LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN'T MOVE ANYMORE. GEE, I'M SO SAD.

tJ9DC9Z.pnglxV2k8h.png

If I use rescue-dropping with Rinoa, I can just wait the rest of the turns out. You know, to see what happens.

Eventually, after turn 22...

g6cgdIN.png

Some soldiers show up to capture us...

bu1bYeu.png

And then, once again, the instant someone moves it's game over.

vkpVpnE.png

So, back to Turn 14...

dSI0cSO.png

Iivari starts...

XfnKCHy.png

Vidar continues...

Hmm...who to give the kill?

Pxmj6D7.png

I don't think you've seen enough action lately, Kai!

eN3eaqa.png

Don't worry, he's totally dead. Not sure what he does if you seize without killing him.

WKkFObz.png

OOHHHH

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS

KAI IS AWESOME ONCE AGAIN

NEXT TIME: Don't worry, I have all the end of chapter dialogue! Probably...