TheMoniker plays Death or Glory

TheMoniker

Hello everyone! Time to dive into...

The CHAPTER 9 CONCLUSION!

IoTH3z6.png

Ragnar- Good. What of the prisoners?
Donwik- Confused and scared, but otherwise alright. They were fed well and generally cared for.
Ragnar- A starved slave would fetch a low coin, I suppose. How many were held here?
Donwik- The last count comes in at 312. At least twenty have identified themselves as Azalian soldiers.
Woah...so, 312 + 80 is... 392! We have a full army now!
And no, this doesn't mean green troops are going to appear in the next mission.
Ragnar- Have any of the civilians fled?
Donwik- None. They haven’t a clue where to go.
Ragnar- Have them gather at the castle gates. I will address them.
lqVoCFv.png
Ragnar- Hear me well! On this day you were freed from a fate you all feared. It was an injustice. It was the cruel whims of a twisted country! I look out amongst you and I see faces – young, old, scared and hopeful – that look for answers. Answers that would explain why you were ripped from your homes and thrown into a war that does not involve you. . . And I have no answers to give. That is why I ask that find your own answers. That you march with me and face those that took everything from you! I ask that you join with one another for the sakes of your sons, daughters, mothers and fathers – all those that have suffered. Come tomorrow, we will march on Silvatica. . . We will make them pay. . . And you will ROAR as you make them all scream why!
That's actually a nice speech! Go, Ragnar!
gHUgKLj.png
Vidar- Hmph.
Tero- Vidar?
Vidar- You both know exactly what he’s doing.
Donwik- . . .
Tero- He’s recruiting a militia to free Guntram. Is that so bad-
Vidar- Don’t be so BLIND, Tero.
BZ2o7R5.png
To be honest, yeah, that's what he's doing. It's a bit if an unruly tactic, and it shows how Ragnar is becoming willing to compromise his morals to save Guntram.
Tero- . . . No. I do not believe that. This is our lieutenant, Vidar. This is Ragnar. He is still the great man he’s always been.
Are you SURE.
Vidar- . . . Hmph.
Et5Kkle.png8158Mqc.png
... :C
nSKb4Lq.pngjVvhnPP.png
Ragnar- Go ahead, soldier.
Green derp #idc- 109 of the prisoners have left. Those that remained are willing to form a militia for your use.
That's 202. Very nice. ...Sort of.
Ragnar- What of you soldiers?
Green derp #idc- We. . . we care not how you use us. Our lives were spent the day Silvatica took this place. All we ask is a chance for revenge.
Ragnar- . . . Very well.
Green derp #idc- Also, sir, we have located the siege weaponry. The men are willing to spend the night training the civilians in their use. By morning they’ll know enough to help.
Ragnar- What of the armory?
Green derp #idc- Basic leathers and iron weapons. The civilians will take to them well enough, I hope.
Ragnar- Thank you, soldier.
Green derp #idc- By your leave, sir.
dcnZ86n.png
Ragnar- They may do with it what they will.
Donwik- (Downcast face) . . . Sir.
kE26vV8.png
It would be a pity for him to get killed after we've come all this way.
And now, for one more BAD GUY UPDATE!
dQ7vUp7.png
EVIL BAD GUY- Is it that marvelous Ragnar? Do tell, Drogan.
Drogan- It is indeed Ragnar. His forces have taken Free Keep. He camps within the walls as we speak.
EVIL BAD GUY- What an extraordinary man! And what of his new little militia, Drogan?
Drogan- . . . The militia, as you know, is a few hundred strong. Reports say that it’s held together by angry peasants and revenge seeking soldiers.
EVIL BAD GUY- Perfect!
Drogan- How so?
EVIL BAD GUY- Can’t you see, Drogan? Can you not see what I see?
Drogan- . . .
EVIL BAD GUY- The man is no fool. This little militia he has rallied. . . they’ll be his fodder. Each of them, one after the other, will throw themselves at Spandua so he can rescue his precious general.
Drogan- Your Majesty-
EVIL BAD GUY- Yes, yes. He is a man of great virtue! Great honor! Great EVERYTHING! How can one so. . . perfect, do such a thing, you ask?
Drogan- . . .
EVIL BAD GUY- Without Guntram. . . that man is nothing. I know this, and he knows this. Do no question me, Drogan. Do not ever question me. What have I told you about QUESTIONING me?
Drogan- Then-
EVIL BAD GUY- Oh, yes! The militia!
eHHY8qO.png
EVIL BAD GUY- Ragnar must reach Spandua, though. Tell him that Ragnar is to be allowed entrance regardless.
Drogan- And then?
EVIL BAD GUY- And then Ragnar would’ve made a choice he can never take back. Once he falls to nothing. . . I would like to see which way he runs.
Drogan- Will that be all?
EVIL BAD GUY- Yes. Dismissed.
xOZ52cA.png
EVIL BAD GUY- Once you see what I’ve done! Oh, how you will SING!
That's a bit...oddly worded.
Well, that was an interesting conversation, but surely, the good guys will prevail, as always! How could anything go wrong?
NwdzsU6.png
...Oh.
Really, it's not a good idea to put spoilers in chapter titles.

NEXT TIME: The end of Ragnar mode...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, for all he talks, its a shane the boss was unpromoted after we already had a promoted General boss. Still, credit where its due, he did manage to hit on a 12 and killing Abner. (I hate typing on a phone)

holy shit, i haven't seen a hack take a turn like this.

Yeah, in the old patch, it was totally different, with Ragnar going distraught but NOT turning...morally dubious. I think the plot got way better.

The CHAPTER 10 PRELUDE!

4grGTbm.png

GEE, I THINK WE'RE GONNA WIN GUYS

FdVkgbr.png

Green derp one of many- If we’re to do this now; I can think of no better time.
Ragnar- What of your men?
Green derp one of many- Some will lead a handful of units, the others will stay back to man the catapults and give instruction where it might be necessary.
Ragnar- How much ammunition is available for the catapults?
Green derp one of many- Scouts have reported of a natural piling just within range. We have the tools to excavate.
Ragnar- Moral?
Green derp one of many- . . . The civilians are optimistic. I’ve told my men not to encourage any demoralizing talk.
Ragnar- Very good. Dismissed.
Green derp one of many- . . . I have one last thing I must discuss.
Ragnar- If you would.
Green derp one of many- If the militia turns to retreat. . . I. . . What would you have us do?
Ragnar- (Eyes closed) They will not retreat. Dismissed.
QprYHfH.png
I somehow doubt that...
Ragnar- There is no other way. There is no more time. And there is no more going back.
TLHuZAy.png
Mil- Yes.
Ragnar- Do they have sufficient equipment.
Mil- . . . Yes.
Ragnar- (Eyes closed) . . . You do not have to follow my lead anymore. You owe me nothing. You do not have to be a part of this.
Mil- I am not here because of you. I’m here because of who you once were. After this battle, and if we both live, I pray that the Gods can return the man you used to be.
fe9dK2q.png
...Man...all the characters are telling Ragnar, directly or no, that he's not doing the right thing...
JUXrRP4.png
So, as you can see, Spandua is well guarded... but surely nothing a few hundred soldiers can't handle, right?
Z1F4dYl.png
Ragnar- There is not a thing that we can do now. Spandua is within range, and the catapults are being prepped. It’s only a matter of time.
R1QUEmt.png
Donwik- Is the militia in position?
Soldier- Yes. They know to bombard the western most part of the keep. We’re awaiting the lieutenant’s order.
Ragnar- . . . Begin the siege.
Soldier- Sir!
z7Oga3V.png
Man...this dialogue is leaving me speechless...
PODDALT.png
Green derp two of many- Out there, holed up in their fortress, are the very same Silvatican scum that took your lives from you! And I say we rain death down upon them!
Villager- Yeah!
Other villager- Death to Silvatica!
XoRRGPL.png
Green derp two of many- Have you made your peace?
Green derp one of many- I. . . I have, sir.
Green derp two of many- May the Gods forgive and welcome us.
Man, even the generics seem to know this won't turn out well.
dO0i2q8.png
And there goes the army! While Mil's dialogue doesn't appear if you didn't do 8x, I'm not sure if this scene changes to not include mages.
MZ5hU2R.pngqp2Md42.pngVKgPnCW.png
Despite the fact that they're only level 1(judging by that HP...), they're all critting and killing the enemies. For a scene supposed to show us sending these guys to their deaths, nobody is actually dying... can they actually win?
T5XDEYp.png
Soldier two of many- The roof’s coming down on our bloody heads!
Soldier one of many- Dammit! We’re under siege?
a3bK4EJ.png
Rashka- Hmm?
Soldier two of many- My Lord! They’re tearing us apart!
Rashka- Oh! He’s here? HE’S HERE! Isn’t it just wonderful?
Soldier one of many- Sir, we have to stop the catapults! Sir?
Rashka- Hahahaha! Two feet on the floor, here he comes!
PfuUUo7.png
So, Rashka apparently isn't that interested in actually commanding his dudes.
Pooe57P.png
Captain guy- . . . Ready the men. We ride out to the field.
Luckily, this sub-commander is gonna lead the attack. But not against the militia. You'll see.
1gIv027.png
Vidar- Last we saw was a hell of a lot of soldiers coming out.
Ragnar- Good. We take this chance to enter from the east. It’s time to move!
kixOkql.png
And so we're going into the castle from the side, not bothering to lead the militia in any way... Ragnar really is using them as a distraction...
0jAYPSy.png
Ragnar- But we made it in, and who knows how long we have before the guard comes searching.
Donwik- Best to split the men up and search this place top to bottom – dangerous as that might be.
agISwDg.png
Far off voice- Won’t you come to me? Won’t you? WON’T YOU?
Ragnar- . . . That voice.
...Would be...
YAf31yM.png
Who else? Meet this chapter's boss, everybody!
Rashka- Hello!
Ragnar- Where the hell is he? WHERE IS GUNTRAM?
Donwik- Dammit, Ragnar! Calm down.
Rashka- Hahaha! Guntram! Oh, I like him too! Where is he? Where?
Ragnar- Tell me now! Tell me, you monster!
Rashka- . . . Oh, we’re all monsters here, Ragnar. You’re the BIGGEST!
vIPLuUI.png
Rashka- Hahaha!
I don't know about that, but...
Donwik- You shut your twisted mouth!
Rashka- Pick a door! Any door! Come, come. Come on in. Move along. Show us the monster deep inside! Show me who you really are. Hahahaha!
dQppDCD.png
Donwik- Ragnar! Calm down. The guard is coming.
xoq9qv4.png
By "coming", he means "already in position in massive numbers, because our distraction totally failed."
END DIALOGUE
CA4JjtZ.png
Here we are, the final chapter of Ragnar mode! We finally get to genuinely fight one of the Lords!
KIkQVmV.png
You can take every unit you have here, but I choose to leave out Tero. I would have left out Melanie, but I thought she might come in handy so I brought her.
RVAesAm.png
Still looking out for the lord.
61tdePn.pngVII6tx6.png
The game seems to be trying to suggest that we split into two groups. Well, I say SCREW that! We're gonna stick together!
Starting the chapter...
zVsiFSt.png
Captain guy- OKAY WE'RE GONNA GO DEAL WITH THEM
VFkJgBI.png
Captain guy- BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT
I3lPjAI.png
Donwik- Ragnar?
Ragnar- I-I . . . I’m a monster. . . aren’t I?
Donwik- No. He’s a madman –
Ragnar- I led them to their death! I. . . I’ve brought you all to your death to find one man. What sort of man am I?
Donwik- We chose this path of our own free will.
Ragnar- Oh, Gods. What have I done? I’m a monster. . . I’m a damned monster!
Donwik- Ragnar, are you listening to me? We followed you! You did not force us!
Ragnar- . . . I have to find him. I. . . I have to.
2hU6C7v.png
What's happening is that Ragnar is realizing that he took 300 people and used them as a distraction so he could save ONE.
3iooMV4.png
Final chapter, and there are TONS of enemies. Silvatica of course knew Ragnar was coming, and totally planned for his strategy. As I said, the game wants you to split up into two groups and go down both paths, but I'm gonna meet the left group up with the right group and travel around the map in a counterclockwise circle.
QTUo4rv.png
Seriously, so MANY enemies!
Tc9oomR.pngyuWh8rx.png4ENcIjx.png
And every last one of them is level 10 and highly competent.
mOMom4i.pnglHG2gg8.pngf76Ctm3.pngt6pWYAo.pngemZgE4D.png
Here are the droppables. We have lots today! Also, if you didn't notice, all the enemies are equipped with AT LEAST steel, but silvers or other special weapons have become the norm at this point.
knUNOkf.png
Stealable master key, for if you missed the one in 8x I guess.
umlNL9A.pngx6o0IiG.png
Guess what everybody, a siege tome is here too! And I think it's even received a buff! This ought to be fun!
gqnJrRG.png6Aazpbh.png
Two new icons for old dark magic tomes. These shamans are just chilling in the throne room.
0zdIh0R.png
Oh, hello there.
kte7Bh8.pngmti2DyJ.png
Our first generic prepromote! And he has a goody on him! You can bypass this guy since he's in a cell, but why would you want to do that?
grMd1Gt.png
I'm guessing this is like a second-tier longbow?
SQEJw2B.png
Rashka's chilling in his throne room...
Wait, those aren-
ETJEiJ3.png
They are. Every single one of those prepromoted units are brutes, and they are WAY better than that silly prepromote sniper. I guess if we ABSOLUTELY HAD to take them on we could, since we've become so powerful, but still...
oyU0SqT.pngMh0Zamr.png
Rashka is...almost disappointing. He's only BARELY better than the merc bosses we've fought up to this point, and even with a throne and a powerful weapon, he isn't that hard to fight. Kind of a letdown for the end boss of Part 1.
H6li3E6.png
Speaking of his special weapon, it's basically a super axe, slightly outclassing silver in Mt. Oh, and it weighs him down! Seriously, if we can get past the Brutes he won't be hard to beat at all. How exactly did he become a lord if he's worse than his own generics, and WAY worse than the only other lord we've seen(Drogan)?
Also, remember WAY back in Chapter 3 where we saw that Drogan had an A support with Rashka? He doesn't reciprocate it. I'm not sure if this is supposed to say something about their relationship.

NEXT TIME: The final fight begins!

Wow, Ragnar, it took a madman to call you out for you to realize that you were being kind of a dick?

That is some properly scary weaponry...silver, steel, second tier thrown...

Ahhh, finally, the Bolting-fest begins!

If those brutes move, that would be a spectacular dick move from the game.

Wow, for all the build up Rashka got, he really does not live up to his hype. At least he could have gotten the Snaga upgraded to be a 1-2 weapon and ditch the Tomahawk so you can't just rescue-scum him. Also, love how low his stats are despite him being a LEVEL 20 PROMOTED hero!

Dat regular promoted sniper actually looks quite dangerous. He's got good range, the ability to attack from outside your range, 10 speed (He's weighed down by 4) and high accuracy thanks to that 18 skill.

Also, calling it now: The captain that said that Dealios is leading the assault is going to come in from the back and is going to be a Paladin with a Silver Lance/Axe.

And I thought Eliwood growths were bad lmfao level 20 herpo gg

Yeah lol, I noticed that too. That's some serious RNG screwage right there, looks like it hit the enemies even worse than it did me!

Wow, Ragnar, it took a madman to call you out for you to realize that you were being kind of a dick?

That is some properly scary weaponry...silver, steel, second tier thrown...

Ahhh, finally, the Bolting-fest begins!

If those brutes move, that would be a spectacular dick move from the game.

Wow, for all the build up Rashka got, he really does not live up to his hype. At least he could have gotten the Snaga upgraded to be a 1-2 weapon and ditch the Tomahawk so you can't just rescue-scum him. Also, love how low his stats are despite him being a LEVEL 20 PROMOTED hero!

Dat regular promoted sniper actually looks quite dangerous. He's got good range, the ability to attack from outside your range, 10 speed (He's weighed down by 4) and high accuracy thanks to that 18 skill.

Also, calling it now: The captain that said that Dealios is leading the assault is going to come in from the back and is going to be a Paladin with a Silver Lance/Axe.

The sniper is actually pretty threatening if you aren't careful about how you handle him, and as for that Dealios guy, you're sort of right but the reality is even worse.

Death or Glory: Episode 12: Chapter 10: Part 1: Deck the Halls with BLOOD

F3UFu81.png

I start by opening the treasure chest right next to me, and get a very nice reward. It won't actually be needed, but I guess giving Rinoa her own eleventh-hour power is nice.

26HmVxZ.pngSlvxLUU.png

WOW. IT'S HAPPENING ALREADY.

65reUOT.pngPttvscx.png

At least I can still count on Kai!

QKq8zhg.pngYYC8Ds1.png

Sorry Thunder, I think Mil has quite enough tomes.

Gtd5dqH.png

Abner, this could be your last level of the campaign, and you get THAT?

G0f5crD.png

Kiowa helps him finish that merc.

VvFGks5.png

Not saying anything.

v31VtHE.pngOoHJnWp.png

STILL NO CONVOY, YYYY

Tu4lbDH.png

Yup, that's a nomad level all right.

RYPtLAr.png

We've all united and are moving forward now. I'd like to say that a lot of the enemies don't move and there's no time limit for this chapter, so you can do lots of bait-and-switch if you want to.

GhNROpB.png

PILLAR POWER

4vx9nSc.png

LACK OF PILLAR POWER

4BeGjNm.png

Wow, Vidar is amazing. I'm gonna try to get him one more level so he has a chance to cap strength before we're done.

A7giMsS.png

Why are these knights so DODGY?

5kcAbrF.png

We get another key...

h3sKwj9.png

But at a cost. Don't worry, Mil lives.

smh87TS.png

Door open...

BHC2xbQ.png

Item nabbed...

e46d8IW.png

And sniper down.

hbnlCUb.png

OF COURSE.

Dangit game, stop regressing back to my prologue levels! At least Vidar got a good one...

AAztLvn.png

Iivari uses the wine. He NEEDS the strength, and he's gotten enough other stats that I'm willing to invest this in him.

yfDz4n3.pngTOEXKhn.png

Uh...

Fpw8613.png

And then reinforcements come from the stairs and sides. Okay.

Trust me though, this is WAY better than it was in the first patch. The castle was a giant circle that kept spawning reinforcements, to the point that after you moved through an area it would fill up with enemies again, and nobody gave XP so there wasn't even a point to killing them.

AJTdJlN.png

Iivari, do NOT make me regret getting you drunk.

jwULFgf.png

I didn't quite catch the screenshot, but Ragnar missed his 86. SO MUCH FOR BEING DESPERATE TO SAVE HIS GENERAL.

Xxlb2rn.png

I try to lure out someone with Donwick, but I of course forget to check their inventory.

SXKEl8I.png

That IS a nice weapon! I guess we'll have to wait and see if it actually gets any use...

tQg2nAC.png

Donwick! Swords are supposed to be your accurate option! I see now why someone said I should have given him a monocle...

KiN2WEl.pngHLEtNWY.png

Man, I just...

I'm serious guys. For this ENTIRE HACK, literally every unit, on both sides, seems to have come down with the "Miss syndrome". EVERY ONE IS MISSING.

CiEJ9pZ.png

Blagh! Terrible performance from EVERYONE today! And what bad timing, too! Except Vidar, speaking of which...

3n1qpxW.png

His equipment is in really bad shape. He still has a C rank in both of his weapon types(I underspecialized...), so he can't even use the brave lance I just got!

8aPRNXU.png

NOOOO! NOT YOU TOO!

PDVHLCc.png

La la laaaaa, just sending Mil up a bit...

q2u0SyK.png

OH CRAP CAVALIERS

ubUHiIn.png5aEmRfi.png

So yeah, once you cross an invisible line, this guy shows up. He's a prepromote miniboss, and he has a whole doom squad with him. This would be CATASTROPHIC if we were actually split into two groups, so it sure is a good thing we didn't do that, huh?

bv6zagp.pngdWmTI6Y.png

Turns out his name is actually Ahriman, and he has stat advantages on Rashka, namely in defense. Unfortunately, he isn't a prepromoted joinee in disguise. We have to kill him.

bqa2a7r.png

His sword is literally the Alustrona but with 1 more Mt. Seriously, they're the exact same stats.

ZVK20j4.png

Bye, loser!

wKESqYs.png

Unfortunately, this guy doesn't have his boss or death quotes in the text notes. Don't worry, he's pretty generic. Although, that palette IS really weird...

bcA5vXf.png

Anyways, he falls easy.

99zjczu.png

Bye!

pIpLtji.png

Agro gets an actually good level killing the cav generics. What do you know.

NeZSBQM.pngJeM3hRb.png

Okay, that slowed us down a little, but now we can move to the throne room!

NEXT TIME: Defeating the Dissapointment

What the hell was with Ahriman's palette?

Also, we're nearing Bolting range...

The game finally realized that perhaps it should give you some good equipment. Of course, it forgot to make sure your units can actually USE it...

Miss...miss...miss...enemy hit on a 15%... hit...miss...

Donwik actually has a battle quote with Ahriman too, and I got that in my run (and I split my units; there's a second trigger zone above the northern chest room). It gives a bit more backstory than that one.

What the hell was with Ahriman's palette?

Also, we're nearing Bolting range...

The game finally realized that perhaps it should give you some good equipment. Of course, it forgot to make sure your units can actually USE it...

Miss...miss...miss...enemy hit on a 15%... hit...miss...

Don't worry, I have a PLAN for the bolting!

People can actually use the brave lance(it's B rank, Vidar is the only one who isn't at or nearly at A rank) but nobody needs it but him.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

Death or Glory: Episode 12: Chapter 10: Part 2: Finishing the Circle

2ExIHPv.pnguvFQPcA.png

And of course, on the next turn, reinforcements come from all the stairs. With an extra wave of armors thrown in, even!

DVv4Ad3.png

Yup, this is a crit. There's no point in conserving the good weapons anymore, is there?

ErL0SBm.pngS0iQWAO.png

I swear, everyone in the LP has been ADAMANTLY DETERMINED to gain tons of strength and NOTHING ELSE.

i1F3E6C.png

I have Vidar lure out a mook, but it doesn't work out well.

cqyKrik.png

We've almost entered the range of the brutes...

tLgqZMD.png

Okay, I have to see if they move, Vidar's gonna grab this pillar...

lbfA6Y7.png

Rashka- Oh, here he comes! Here he comes here he comes here he comes! I’m SO excited! But. . . no. No, no. HE wants him. Why? Why can’t I? Hahahaha! Begone with you all I say! Begone! BEGONE! Hahaha! This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!

Ex9Wwc3.png

The screen goes black...

eAzN9Rj.png

Ragnar- Why withdraw his men when I am within his grasp?
bCMAhIi.png
So, if you couldn't guess, all the brutes left. It was kinda obvious that something along those lines was going to happen, but it's still nice to know I won't have to fight them.
3YGUvvc.png
OH NO SPECIAL WEAPON
BJStvat.png
Vidar gained a B in lances at some point, so Abner hands the thing over.
KlWtwFn.png
Vidar decides to get speed to better use his weapon. He forfeits capping strength in the process, however.
A0JoZ6f.png
Marching to the throne room...
PELokcY.png
Marching past the throne room...
cySu79d.png
What? I still have half the map to clear!
Hi0GieU.png
This bolting range will require CAREFUL PLANNING.
AeUHO2H.png
This is a step in the right direction.
AJcjmcs.png
This is not.
9LEhfWK.png
Badrick kills that guy who dropped a silver and takes it for himself. That's 34 attack to his name now!
2oCvgvC.png
Snipe!
4sU4UhZ.png
Kiowa's hanging out here, because it's necessary for the master anti-bolting plan to work.
XyCCheQ.png
A cavalier attacks Badrick.
XbLXLYy.png
BUT NOT FOR LONG
x2dJgwO.png
Dang Mil! You conveniently glossed over all the important stuff with your last level! Ah well...
eWPCHH7.png
Kiowa approaches Bolting guy, and takes a hit...
0fPvUor.png
BUT GIVES TWO BACK.
5BZ65wa.png
Dead! Beautiful!
gP7wKkW.png
This myrm has been running around the map to get me for the past 5-10 turns, and he still hasn't quite caught up. Poor guy.
PBe4XDh.png
hcV8hq4.png
So, we split into two groups. One is heading to subjugate the few remaining enemies on the left side of the map(and loot the chest), and the other is heading to destroy Rashka and his special shamans.
3WRo2cM.png
Excellent, excellent! I think Ragnar has recovered nicely from his earlygame slump, don't you?
8Pyg5EZ.png
Man, I really need to keep a better eye on the enemy equipment!
MiYRhHq.png
So, the special shamans are pretty much dead now...
SEszRUm.png
Look at that poor armor, just hanging out down there...also, my terrain thingy glitched out.
6bQVeUz.png
Armor dead!
BFO19Rf.png
Seriously? THIS is the last bit of chest loot? An ordinary item we could have bought in a shop last chapter? You could have given us a promotion item or something...
iA0nm7L.png
Anyways, Rashka is all that's left!
EYymNju.png
And Iivari can totally take him. Time to begin the "epic" fight!
FYQ7Vgo.png
Rashka- Perfect. . . perfect death.
0b2j2oW.png
Iivari takes a hit, but deals plenty of damage in return.
R2r2zoW.png
Rashka has healing, but it won't change the outcome!
Vk0SGxV.png
Man, why can no one ever dodge?
Anyways, Iivari leaves him at 11 HP. Perfect, now who should get the kill?
uPOAV8F.png
Who else? I decided that the quick lance was totally the best choice. CAN HE LAND TWO OF FOUR SHOTS?
fkrhwNU.png
Rashka- Hahaha! Come face the monster you are! Come, Ragnar. Face me! FACE ME!
TGqVl0o.png
One...
3hSuuLS.png
And two! I guess Ragnar DOES want to save Guntram!
UDXa9Bl.png
No, really. This is how he dies. And I caught his blink frame, making this EVEN BETTER.
He also has a boss quote with Donwick(the glitchy one back in chapter 5), but it's not in my notes. Pity.
6ks5MYJ.png
And the Lord is HOPEFULLY DEAD! And no, Ragnar didn't get a level, because Rashka doesn't give XP(and honestly, if he did, the boss abuse potential would be INSANE).

NEXT TIME: The end of Part 1!

The CHAPTER 10 CONCLUSION!

5BKdZhT.png

Yeah Rashka, you just got DESTROYED!

Ragnar- Tell me where he is! Tell me!
BDxLtbq.png
No, hey! Don't leave! WE JUST KILLED YOU!
SUkg886.png
Annnnd he warps out. So yeah, we didn't actually kill Rashka. On one hand, this means we get more of his awesome personality. On the other, WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO KILL THE LAST BOSS OF RAGNAR MODE. How unsatisfying.
q6q6HQU.pngho3YBkc.png
BUT I DON'T WANT TO
Donwik- We have to search for Guntram before we’re surrounded.
Far off voice- Ragnar!
duuhO7U.png
WELP
Donwik- What? The militia, Tero! What of the militia?
Yeah, the militia!
YeNMvm2.png
Oh... oh. Hundreds of perfectly generic civilians, DEAD!
5UpBfZV.png
Sorry Ragnar, but YES.
Ragnar- I need more time!
Donwik- We have to leave now! Ragnar! We need to retreat.
Ragnar- I have to find Guntram. I have to.
Donwik- You’ll die, damn it!
dRQs23Y.png
I think Ragnar is falling apart...
VrBFBRZ.png
Wait, isn't this a stone fortress? And why are they so eager to destroy their own fort?
Donwik- Round the men up! We make for the west.
vo3oz7Y.png
Yeah, Ragnar's panicking and Donwick is the only one giving orders!
Ragnar- I. . . I have. . . I can’t. . . I’ve got nothing left!
IzRcYHH.pngWOBfu9T.png
Donwik- Come with us, Ragnar. Please.
So, basically, there is still a chance for Ragnar to escape, if he's willing to give up Guntram for the new bonds he forged while on this whole journey... What will be his choice?
Ragnar- . . . (downcast face) I once asked that if the time came. . . if you would lay your life down for me. Do you remember?
Donwik- Aye. And I intend to do that.
NuecPQc.png
Oh no...
Donwik- Ragnar-
Ragnar- Leave me, Donwik! I will stay and hold off those still within these walls. I want you all to live. . . I want to die the man I used to be.
He's gonna go all heroic sacrifice!
Downik- No! I will never leave you!
Ragnar- Leave, DAMN YOU! Leave before it’s too late!
Donwik- Ragnar. . . My life was yours a long time ago. . . In this moment. . . I have given it.
BPJqO81.png
D:
4zaXb9K.png3Y9HvID.png
The screen flashes white, and then we have a fire effect! CAN RAGNAR ESCAPE?
Gl9psqb.png
Nope! A general teleports in...
iCk6FdR.png
And a few more troops arrive to aid him. This is looking more and more FE4-tastic by the second...
ChKzZMQ.png
Ragnar- Tell me where he is!
uPVyLsQ.png
AND THEN THE FIGHT SCENE
yacGsYK.png
So yeah, Ragnar's pretty much screwed.
kkfheyP.png
The Daedalus hits and does a good bit less damage than it should. Plus, the quick lance didn't do brave effect... I CALL RIGGED
Hang on a moment...
xQ5YNUh.png
Even if he has the Homyrius equipped for the fight, he still can't damage Drogan. Okay then.
BcGgl6g.png
Ragnar- I-I. . . I give my blood. . . in your name.
(Enter Drogan)
Drogan- No need to be so dramatic. We will not take your life today.
Uh... I guess that's good...
Ragnar- Lord of the Depths?
Drogan- Do you still search for Guntram?
Ragnar- . . .
Drogan- You will never find him here.
Ragnar- W-Why?
Drogan- Your so called spy-
Ragnar- A traitor?
Yup. Not only was Guntram NEVER in Spandua, the info relating to his execution may also have been false. He could still be alive, or already be dead! We haven't had any cuts showing Guntram, so...
Drogan- Indeed. We merely wanted you here. Your militia. . . your platoon. . . Unnecessary casualties.
Ragnar- What are you saying?
Drogan- We always wanted you here, Ragnar. In this keep. In this position. Those people you used as a distraction. . . you killed them for no reason.
Ragnar- No. . . You lie! Why are lying?
Drogan- I speak the truth, fool! They were sacrificed for a false cause! You were always destined to reach this place. You would not have been stopped.
Ragnar- I-I. . . (Downcast face) What have I done? All of them. . . Each and every one. . .
aRL0vN9.png
Drogan- You sent hundreds of innocents to their death. Your platoon escaped with their hearts in two.
Well, at least the platoon escaped, even if Ragnar turned evil and this entire venture was entirely pointless! Look on the bright side! At least only Ragnar got captured!
Drogan- And the one they call Donwik. . .
cazc8Ow.png
No, not Donwick TOO!
Drogan- And where is your Guntram? Tell me? Where is he?
Ragnar- . . .
Drogan- You’re the monster. You’ve always been the monster.
9jsXibC.png
And then, somebody NEW comes in...
9xFKYy8.png
Yup, we just kicked his butt, and he's barely even affected.
Rashka- Hello? Hello hello hello?
Ragnar- . . .
Drogan- Hmph. Weak. How one man can rely on another so. . . Weak.
Rashka- Nobodies home! Ragnar’s gone! Gone gone gone! Oh, poor Guntram! Poor old Guntram!
Drogan- Such pleasure I took in breaking him. . . Our king will be pleased.
Ragnar- . . .
Drogan- Come. Let us deliver his new play-toy.
RsnORe3.pngxitWYMM.png
And then, the three people teleport out, leaving the brutes behind as usual...
nPvwABV.png
AND THEN CHARACTER ENDINGS. EXCEPT THERE AREN'T ANY ENDINGS, JUST STATISTICS. What a way to finish Part 1, huh?
So, yeah. That's it. Part 1 is over. Everything we did was pointless, and just fed into the plans of the villains, and now things are at their worst, with no hope left in sight. Ragnar's platoon is commanderless, Azalia/Zerenus are likely doomed, and Silvatica's conquest continues.
Good things there's a resistance, right?

FINAL STATS FOR PART 1:

nPvwABV.pngnG8AMDf.png

I guess I COULD have trained him, but I kind of decided not to. I don't regret it, considering how nicely Vidar turned out. I'm surprised he racked up as many battles as he did, honestly.

PzjyDR9.png7ItVY6p.png

It's a pity he didn't cap strength, but he was still amazing. He had tankiness, speed, and power. If I had gotten a knight crest at the end of Ragnar mode, he would have been the recipient. He also has one of the highest battle/kill counts of the army.

BFz8g12.pnghW4tKKG.png

Melanie kinda sucked. I suppose she's not irredeemable, maybe I'll train her again if/when we get her back.

VE1uAnt.pngg1Y9Zor.png

Kai was one of the best archers I've worked with in the series. He doesn't super-specialize in any one stat, he just has good EVERYTHING.

4nMs98K.pngHFrtCWj.png

I honestly don't know how Agro got as many kills as he did, considering the fact that he didn't turn out so great. If I get a better fighter in Part 2, he is gone.

...I'm making these plans for the distant future, of course.

HGRBwE1.pngEf4tDsW.png

Honestly, Rinoa got pretty magic-screwed. She will forever be just an earlygame healer, hopefully one that I can leave behind when I get a better one.

Yh9KC8t.png2X8mZrP.png

Mil had a very high battle/win ratio, and for good reason. His stats are NOT amazing, not by any means, but good magic plus the ability to hit a stat that most enemies just don't have... he was a good character.

ylXiaPj.pngRW5d753.png

Kiowa was some weird fusion of Iivari and Kai, and I honestly don't think I gave him enough credit. He was consistently making it out of challenging situations alive, and he'll be a very good addition to the team, unless he's like Rath and we don't get him back until everybody is level 10 promoted or something silly.

Wfm4CBI.pngziXy8Tl.png

Abner was a thief. He never had good combat and I don't think he ever will. I honestly might hold out for the obligatory prepromote assassin with semi-good combat, and keep this guy around to steal stuff.

Hbi4qIY.pngv8551op.png

Iivari is one of the oddest units I've ever seen. He's got the speed of a myrm and the defense of an armor knight, in exchange for a CRIPPLING strength flaw. If he refuses to gain strength later on when I get him back, there will be problems.

W2IAgS0.pngHBNS7UQ.png

5nQd9FW.png

Oh snap, Donwick actually has an ending! So, hopefully we DO get him back eventually, because he was a pretty good armor knight. He had the growths of Oswin(that is to say, not that great), but without the bases to pull it off, but nonetheless he earned a place in my heart through his combat.

i8jl3X7.png0MFG0NK.pngk9Tn29a.png

Ragnar, despite turning evil and having a bad start, eventually became a very good unit. If he promotes into a Dragoon in the future, it will be AWESOME.

m3IabCV.png

I guess Aethereia is the continent this takes place on?\

Anyways, I'll bet all hope ISN'T really lost!

bHcTHx5.png

Sure.

661Fmlx.png

NEXT TIME: A new beginning

Well, that explains it: Rashka had the Discipline skill equipped (the fe9 version, the one in the prologue that reduces stats). I'm sure we'll encounter him later without the skill and he'll probably have stats in the low 20's.

Oh Ragnar baby no ;o;

Ah, watching you play this is giving me so many ideas for my mug remaking project. Maybe I'll even be able to add in some alternate sprites for some peeps ;P

Thanks for all your comments! You know, normally, going into these hacks, you don't expect to get super-involved with the story, until suddenly, you are.

Death or Glory: Episode 13: Chapter 11: Power Curve Reset(but not for long)

WARNING: Super-long Update Ahead

ueC8u7E.png

HECK YES.

SO, basically, there was a thing where the game said "a new lord will now be the new lord", but I accidentally overwrote the screenshot.

XO8ywxR.png

So have this instead. Not much seems changed so far...

hetPWOI.png

Ooohhh...

nzGGbJR.png

It's up to ME? But I don't even have a self-insert in this hack!

maBNw8z.png

Man, why is there all this hope stuff? "Destroyed Hope" segues right into "A Simple Hope". It's kinda odd.

zm1u23m.png

Oh hie there, Mr. Narrator Voice. This intro text is INSANELY long, so I'll have to break it up a bit with screenshots:

Mr. N- They said he saved everyone. What they said was lies. Ragnar gave it all – the lives of his platoon and militia – and failed. Three months ago those lies started. And it was three months ago that Silvatica took Ragnar. This began a reaction of sorts throughout the land.
9EF3hup.png
So, Ragnar turned into a martyr? Hmmm...
Mr. N- such as Azalia and Zerenus united in an effort to defend themselves; aid was given freely to neighbors and once enemies alike – in those three months the central lands beyond the Robins Rove became safe.
Robins Rove?
Mr. N- And so did Silvatica move to the West, to Mordrivale and beyond. It was in these new lands they found a lumber camp; in that camp they found a simple laborer. He was a man of poor upbringing and low stature, but he was a good man – a man the people followed. They called it unnatural: how he drew them all in, and made an army out of dirt farmers. He was, put simply, like no one before.
Ah, so we have the epic leader of the rebellion!
Mr. N- But like all good heroes, he fell.
WELP.
Mr. N- Perhaps what could have been the greatest threat to Silvatica since the Azalian Lieutenant, was no more, and his army disbanded. The execution was made public and brutal. The crowds gathered and screamed in pain as they watched their savior face the chopping block. With the axe rising to the sky, the rebels made one last coup. Hidden amongst the crowd were the founders, loyalists, and sons of the rebellion. They threw back their hoods and raced to the stand, prepared to throw down their own lives. But it was no use. Silvatica – her mysterious king – had seen this. The finest the Lords had to offer were in-wait that day, armed and eager to prove their worth. The rebels hadn’t a chance. Few walked away with their lives. Two escaped with scars that will never fade. One, with a boot upon his back, said a last goodbye to a son he loved before his smiling head, relieved by the sharpest of blades, rolled across the stages shoddy wooden boards.
OUCH. That was a VERY descriptive account of how the rebellion was crushed.
Mr. N- Three others refused to run, instead they fought and fought while their blood stained the ground. Eight died mere feet from the leader they so desperately wanted to save. The folk, hiding, screamed like nothing before. And, of course, a broken son fell to his knees and screamed for the life of his father, even as Silvatica dragged him away to a cell he’d soon call a twisted sort of home. The war which had once been on the horizon, the war which had loomed and stalked like a feral beast, was just truly coming to life.
Wait, it's coming to life JUST NOW? AFTER Silvatica crushed a rebellion and conquered several nations? Well okay then.
OmCwTUL.png
Well, it's finally over! Or at least, that seems to be the case. This is the only other line there is, and after that we cut to-
FoLYMOL.png
What seems to be a prison! With tons of red dudes and like one blue dude!
Wzzbase.png
AND THIS AWESOME PORTAIT
Jared- You’re fat assed men needn’t know about me.
tGjjIb9.pngcIMCWTa.png
And the poor soldier gets totally owned. I like this new guy so far.
Jared- He might’ve of known where my axe swinging friend is. . . Don’t worry Gid, Jared’s coming.
Okay, so he's trying to rescue that Gid guy from earlier.
yUT5Szl.png
Who I'm guessing is this guy, trapped in a cell?
Gid- No. . .
lkTXBnv.png
Whoa, what? Just like that we're thrown into the battle? Okay then!
END DIALOGUE
4cRqWtW.png
So, this chapter seems to have received a complete gameplay rework from the first time I played it. There aren't that many enemies around, which is good, and we're on no time limit, which is also good.
aK82zV6.pngleRqilm.png0IBwXsK.png
So, Gid is our new lord(no, not the scraggly guy, he's a side character though), and he's a renamed hector lord! Beautiful! I can't help but wonder what he'll promote into, though... anyways, as far as stats go he doesn't appear to really specialize in anything. Hopefully he can gain some good levels, otherwise I can see him fast becoming useless.
d0Y1zUM.pngsvT6LDT.pngxxY2be0.png
The other guy is named Jared, and he is a mercenary who seems to focus on his offensive stats, but is still well-rounded. Also, his Con is just BEAUTIFUL, and he can use that Steel sword with no AS penalty at all.
vyKyVPF.png
The Silvaticans have been reduced to level 1, but they're still quite powerful, and our characters aren't that much better. We'll have to work carefully this chapter.
m7LLb7M.png
Also, this is NOT the description I showed way back in Chapter 1! Ever since I applied the fix patch, these guys have had a different description, I just haven't showed it until now...
mHn7RKC.pngqONXBYS.png
Some people are carrying keys as well.
DtPn3Ws.png
The first thing I do is move Gid, since these archers are probably more than willing to murder their own prisoner.
DYU9fCA.png
Meanwhile, Jared takes advantage of a nearby pillar.
jiRlQwX.png
But then I decide that the steel sword would be a way better choice, especially if I just wait for him to attack me.
Y66j7EV.pngxF8abT2.pngQGEaqMc.png
Which I do. Soldier dead. Jared has a dark blue palette, which looks a bit odd but is pretty nice.
BJrWNdO.png
Anyways, we'll have to lure out this guy next. None of the enemies move right off the bat, so you can take things good and slow.
mBEcVwH.png
The merc is lured out, but Jared keeps moving and uses a potion.
EDRsgY9.png
He finishes the merc after a second round and opens the door...
Ct0OQNi.pngjY6j4Hz.png
Gid- . . . Jared? Are you. . . Jared?
Jared- It’s okay, Gid. It’s going to be okay, alright? I’m going to get you out, and everything will be alright.
YBQIDDV.png
Gid-My legs. . . I-I
You were perfectly capable of moving in that cell! But still, the effect is clear, Gid was subjected to cold-blooded psychological torture for no real reason.
Jared- Oh, Gid. What have they done to you?
Gid- (Eyes closed) . . .
Jared- Can you drink this? It’ll make you better, Gid, okay?
Gid - . . . No! No, you lie! It’s all a trick. Another. . . trick.
Jared- Please, Gid. We can’t lose you to what they’ve done. Please, drink.
Gid- . . . Jared? Is-is it. . . you?
Jared- It is.
Gid- My legs, Jared. . . They’re. . .
Jared- Gid?
4pWnT2O.png
SHEESH! I'll bet this guy spends the entire story mode recovering!
Jared- Gid! It’s me! It’s Jared?
Gid- . . . (Eyes closed) Father? Is that you, Father?
Jared- . . . Oh , Gid.
Gid- . . .
SagMuQH.png
Due to the orientation of the portrait, this looks really odd... Is Jared going right next to Gid or giving him a weird from-the-back hug or laying on top of him or what?
Jared- If you’re in there, please don’t struggle, just drink.
Gid- . . .
Jared- Gid?
MTerA9Q.png
So, Jared just gave Gid an elixir, which triggers INSTANT PERMANENT MENTAL RECOVERY, with no side-effects whatsoever! I swear, those elixirs have magic in them or something.
Jared- You were hallucinating.
Gid- It’s the food.
SzqE1ST.png
Jared- Can you move your legs?
Gid- . . . I can.
Jared- The elixir - our last - should’ve healed you completely. Your axe-arm?
Gid- I can fight.
Jared- Good. In my carry bag there’s everything you’ll need. I’ll keep watch by the door until you’re ready.
Gid- Wait. Why have you rescued me?
Jared- . . . The people need you.
Gid- The rebellion?
Jared- . . .
Gid- The rebellion is OVER, Jared. I. . . When he-
Jared- No, don’t.
Gid- (Downcast face) How can we go on without him?
Jared- Don’t you see? We have to. There are still hundreds of rebels in hiding across the land. The folk, they’re being shipped off like livestock. Nothing is getting better, Gid.
And NOW we have the exposition for what we're going to spend part 2 doing: Rebelling, TLP style! Well, not really. We will be the most effective rebellion anyone has ever seen, ever.
Gid- And what the HELL am I supposed to do?
Jared- You’re his son! You’re every damn part his equal!
Gid- I am nothing like him!
Jared- . . . He never believed that. No one EVER believed that.
Gid- I can’t. . . If he couldn’t. . . I-
Jared- Shut up. Right now, we need you. Right now, the western lands of Aetheria need you. But, right now, in this very moment, I’ve broken into one of the most well-guarded prisons Silvatica has, and I do not plan on making this a permanent stay. Are we breaking out or what?
Gid- . . . Where did you come in?
Jared- The front?
It's the most well-guarded prison Silvatica has, and he breaks through the front gate, and runs into no trouble at all.
As a random level one rebel.
HOW DID GUNTRAM NOT JUST BREAK OUT 6 HOURS AFTER BEING IMPRISONED
Gid- Heh, typical Jared.
Jared- How about we leave my sensitive feelings alone for a second?
Gid- . . . (Eyes closed then open) The rear entrance will be left open. It’s high noon so there’ll be a patrol. A signal would’ve been sent for them to return, we need to be out before they get back, if we don’t, they’ll rush in and seal every exit this place has. The guard at the moment is underfunded – as far as I know – and will be fighting with basic iron – lances are the likely choice. I’ll take the lead, with my axe it shouldn’t be a problem. You’ll pick off any stragglers.
Once again, I question why the most well-guarded prison would have most of its guys on patrol, and be underfunded. However, this does immediately show something about Gid: He's good at analyzing situations.
Jared- What if you’re wrong?
Gid- . . . If I am, we play it by ear. We just have to make it to the rear exit before the patrol returns.
No, there isn't a time limit.
RT2PD7N.png
Fm4W7e1.pngO71TChx.png
And then it turns out that Jared has some weapons and healing stuffed somewhere in that manly body!
WHEN SUDDENLY
iotjqBb.pngv9UpAyL.png
Boss- Dammit, men! How many of you does it take to apprehend two rebels? Just hold them from the back gates, reinforcements are due soon!
FBh1YXk.png
So yeah, not only will quite a few of the enemies start charging our doubled-in-size group now, but tons more showed up at the top! See that guy standing directly below the chest?
mW5wZuO.pngLzRlfEd.png
So...this guy. He is. INSANE. He might not LOOK insane, but think about it. We have level 1 units, who may or may not gain good stats by the time we get to him, and we're fighting 10 defense + 30 HP, AND a tier 2 throwing spear(which brings him up to like 18-19 attack), when we have two units, NEITHER of which have two range options. And he moves to attack anything in his range. The ONLY way to beat him is to RNG abuse so his attacks miss, with Gid, because you can't spam potions(no counter-attack damage on EP, plus he damages you faster than you can heal), and you don't have the attack power to kill him in 1 turn, not even close.
Granted, the objective IS escape, so killing him is optional, but that doesn't excuse this since he's clearly guarding a chest, which any normal player would want.
NELqCYG.png
Jared gets a BRILLIANT first level. If he keeps this up, he'll be MVP in no time. Let's hope Gid can do just as well...
mreeTR5.png
TACTICS
2vF4vbL.pngjtFGDof.png
PILLAR POWER
MJSE5pa.png
Gid uses some muscle to help take out the armor brigand. He's got a hector animation, but one of his arms isn't armored, and of course it happens to be the one he swings his axe with.
8e7ialI.png
Oh, sure, get it at an unnecessary time.
djnyMJi.png
Hugging the pillars this chapter is a must if you want to have any chance of surviving the enemies.
annKNDK.png
Okay, I guess the soldier doesn't move. Good thing, seeing as we're ALREADY swarmed.
v4aKfUl.png
Gid is not a very good tank, despite his class. He could use a defense buff, honestly.
TKoAYRm.png
Well, that wasn't quite as good! Still strength though, I'll take it.
aNruBSk.png
And then Gid's tankiness totally fails him.
m3mEyy6.png4z3T2pQ.png
Okay, so, normally, I don't make mistakes like that.
5a2V5n1.png3PFXkkf.png
I try a different tactic, but ultimately I am still saved just by luck.
7wbgNTW.png
Remember that soldier I said didn't move earlier? Turns out he DOES move, on a turn timer! Hooray! Such fairness!
qyn0yMB.pngcxCHQpm.pngMUN8MNJ.png
Believe it or not, the chapter and story can continue without him. I'm surprised he isn't a game over character, or at least a "I'M RETREATING AHHH" character, given his plot importance.
bi5KWbo.png
Okay, so, on my NEXT try, Gid gets a bad level. Speed is nice, but this early on he REALLY needs to get some strength/defense.
wCYKYKT.png
I try AGAIN, and this time Gid is just injured. Yeah, he takes 4 damage form the soldiers. That's pathetic.
v5Cbodd.png
But finally, finally, FINALLY we manage to clear the immediate area! THANK YOU!
0R12noe.png
Inside the chest is... Hmm?
g1f8WJc.png
Ah, it's the lord weapon! This thing is kinda weak, way weaker than the Homyrius(in both Mt and Hit), but it has a special property which makes it way more useful, as we will see shortly.
hBNpfyS.png
More luring out...
j8xd8Mc.png
Phew, we really needed another one of these.
9JAeLEb.png

I think this armor is sitting on the escape point.

5wIwBWr.png

And HERE is the special effect! That's right, REAVER WEAPON! This thing can totally crush all the sword users. It's amazing and a huge boon to an ae-user like this guy.

However, I miscalculated here. I left Gid in range of the boss...

usqY9UM.png

Boss- You-
Gid- I never thought myself an evil man.
Boss- You’ll never-
Gid- (Smile) But sometimes. . . sometimes bad people make you do bad things.

KwGxLE9.png

And then the boss destroys Gid.

rkQJrHN.png

Dang, the same level a second time?

s2WMP17.png

Gid lures him out again, and gains a third level, with strength but no defense. Seriously, he's worse than Jared in every stat but luck and defense right now.

laFfKCC.png

No, really, this is how the combat stats look against him. If you want to win, you better hope you're prepared to dodge a BUNCH off 55s!

gzy5k5m.pngKRjE3w8.png

The epic fight goes on for a while, but eventually, slowly(VERY slowly)...

WE GET TO A POINT WHERE WE CAN ENGAGE HIM WITH JARED

BB0xfKH.png

Boss- It would seem the rebels are giving themselves up now?
Jared- (Facing away) Yes, right. You haven’t seen the exit around here?
Boss- Wha-
Jared- (Turns around) Oh, look who it is! Valia’s number one bitch! Come, let’s see how you fight without your master.

KyPPlJm.png

And of course, Jared fails to kill him.

utaDLk1.png

Not sure why this screenshot is here, I think I was showing an alternate reality where Jared chose to do jumping jacks instead of fight.

c4jXgGn.png

He re-gets his fourth level, replacing strength with speed.

JyNspbk.png

FINALLY! THANK YOU!

AUpp2M5.png

Yes, an EXCELLENT level from Gid! Still needs defense though...

Z6cZuUD.png

Jared goes to unlock the chest, while Gid shows NO MERCY to this knight.

SPdtfSc.png

Yup, turns out he was sitting on the escape point!

Inside the chest, our reward for beating that BS boss, is...

n4lK6Cw.png

Woah! Is this the Prf for Jared?

U6Tej2q.png

Nope, it's just a normal INSANELY POWERFUL sword, or it would be..

IF ANYONE COULD ACTUALLY USE IT

LnUPvhA.png

I'm not sure I understand this place anymore, let's leave.

nWh2XfF.png

ZV2ohbt.png

Jared- (faces Gid) Let’s go.
Gid- To the rebellion?
Jared- . . . Please, Gid. We can’t do this without you.
Gid- You can’t do it with me either.
Jared- And who’s to say that’s right?
Gid- The rebellion was always an optimistic crusade, Jared! Silvatica is one of the largest military powerhouses of the continent-
Jared- Did it stop your father? He MADE a difference, regardless.
Gid- (Downcast face) He. . . I can never be like him.
Jared- Yes you can, Gid. . . Here.
CzHXe0m.png
Jared- Your father gave it to Rancer when the rebellion first came to be. When Rancer died, it came to me. Read it.
Gid- . . . No.
Jared- Gid?
Gid- I’m not going to. Not now.
Jared- Then what are you going to do?
Gid- (Eyes closed) I’m going to lead the rebellion.
So, just HAVING a letter spurred him to action... but I bet that letter is going to be a massive Chekhov's motivator later. Or maybe its his promotion item.
Jared- Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, Gidy boy, but why? Two seconds ago you were raising hell at the very idea.
Gid- . . . I don’t know yet. I just. . . I just have to. It was his burden, now it’s mine. And, spending so long in that place, everything that happened before, I’m more involved than ever.
Jared- Gods be praised! That’s the best damn news I’ve heard since Crazy Eye Gloria got shunted to Zerenus!
Gid- . . . Have you been the only one holding the rebellion together?
Jared- Philomena has taken on a bit of leadership. . . but she’s always been more interested in knocking heads. Everyone’s been looking to me, I suppose. Though, there are a few out there with some attitude problems.
Gid- When I was in that place. . . they (Downcast face). . . they brought in the heads of the rebels who were caught. I saw so many faces, Jared. The rebellion was thousands strong and growing months ago-
Jared- We’re not done. Not by a long shot. There’s a few hundred scattered amongst the land, hiding. And now that we have you, we can start pushing back.
Gid- Where’s the closest camp?
Jared- Fort Dellion. But, we’re going somewhere else first.
Gid- Where?
Jared- Alvinton.
Gid- . . . Gods. Home?
Jared- Gid, you won’t like what you see.
Gid- But I have to see it?
Jared- Yes.
Gid- . . . Okay. Let’s go, we’ve wasted enough time here.

CzqeLtZ.png

And so, on that ominous note, we're headed for the next level. Stay tuned for next time, everyone.

And now for something completely different. *Explodes*

You haven't answered the most important question of all: are there SUPPORTS?

Nope! I mean, in the current patch, Part 2 only goes for 3 chapters, so there isn't even really time to use them if supports were in.

The CHAPTER 12 PRELUDE!

BHGB4RN.png

Is it "rise of action" or "rise TO action"?

YKF1tLM.png

Kassia- We stand, oh hear the tales. . .
3TYqz1W.png
So yeah, there's this random lady running around, and she's singing in an abandoned city. Is she another member of the rebellion?
kdabZAA.png
Oh! Hey there, uh...(Valia!)
Kassia- Oh! Your compliment is most welcome, but I’m afraid I must be-
Valia- Ah, let’s not have you running off so quickly. Stay, my kind lady, and answer a question of mine.
Kassia- I really must be going though-
W7p09FC.png
I'm not sure what to think of this...
Valia- (Toggle smile) I ask again that you stay?
Kassia- . . .
Valia- I can assume that you have heard of the resistance?
Uh oh. I doubt this will turn out well...
Kassia- I have.
Valia- The locals seem. . . reluctant to answer our questions regarding their activity. Perhaps you will be more receptive?
GMEmxG8.png
STUTTER. BUZZER NOISE. I think this lie is pretty obvious.
Kassia- I would not deign myself with their kind.
Valia- You feel they are beneath you?
Kassia- I am a lady of noble standing, ma’am. I do not associate with such rabble. Now, if you will excuse me, I really must be moving on.
Valia- . . . Pleasant riding, milady.
Hmm... she's letting her go...
nncOmo8.png
Valia- . . . You are so incredibly stupid I almost want to flay you as an example.
P2 reddier #1- I-I-I. . . mah-ma’am-
Valia- Enough. If you did not recognize that pompous twat for who she truly was, I pity you.
HcjEXug.png
Welp. Looks like the rebellion already has soldiers on their trail! I'm guessing we'll arrive just in time to save them?
gIUkwLX.png
Does Valia have a reputation or something?
zdrmvYu.png
So, here we are at that destroyed town mentioned earlier...
DQEPQYD.png
Enter the heroes!
NxI14pZ.png
Jared- Almost hurts, doesn’t it? Somewhere in your chest, it hurts to see it so broken.
Gid- How long has it been like this?
Jared- It was razed when they took you.
Gid- The people?
Jared- Most left. Twenty or so stayed. . . Well, that was the number when I last came through here.
Gid- Everyone I know, Jared – they’re gone.
Jared- . . . This is why we need you. Do you see that now?
Gid- More than ever.
Huh, looks like it is sort of re-motivating Gid...
RKbfdFw.png
Oh no! SOMEONE HAS A KIDNEY STONE!
Jared- Wyvern, Gid!
Oh, that's just a wyvern growl? Okay then.
Gid- Get in the bushes! For the love of the Gods, do not let it spot you!
Jared- Dammit! Why are they scouting here? Silvatica turned this place on its head a bloody week ago.
gEqbtvq.png
P2 Reddier #2- That she is! How can one not notice a tail this brazen?
P2 Reddier #3- Stupid, noble whore.
cC9k679.png
Jared- Ugh. That girl, Gid, she’s a walking disaster.
Gid- A friend of yours I take it?
Jared- A rebel, actually – and our healer. She’s from some lesser noble family. They own some land and some farmers but they’re nothing special.
Gid- Do you think she knows she’s being followed?
Jared- I can guarantee she doesn’t. And, I’d say she’s leading them straight to Erin and Lycus. Brains have never been her strong suit.
There are actually quite a few "reckless with no brains" characters in part two. This is the first.
Gid- . . . (Toggle smile) Heh.
Jared- I know that look, my friend.
Gid- This can work.
Jared- How so?
Gid- Silvatica doesn’t know we’re here. Once they engage your rebels we’ll cross the river and blitz them from the side.
Jared- A pincer movement then?
Gid- More or less, but we’ll have to be fast.
Jared- Beautiful. Let’s move.
Hch9KqU.png
And now we scroll over to the other rebels. Is that...a paladin?
gn532WX.png
Lycus- Was there anything of note?
Erin- Beyond scared people and empty houses? Nothing.
Lycus- Would it be worth searching for supplies?
Erin- Maybe.
Lycus- A simple yes or no will suffice.
Erin- It could be beneficial.
Lycus- . . .
Ha, ha.
cD2TSb4.png
Lycus- You’re late.
Kassia- I’ll have you know I was accosted by some nosy Silvatican woman.
Lycus- . . . Describe her.
Kassia- It is hardly necessary-
zmyL42M.png
Unlike Kassia, Lycus is actually intelligent. It's kinda nice.
Kassia- Ugh, if I must. She wore light blue armor and her hair was short and the same color.
Lycus- Her face?
Kassia- . . . She had a large scar. Quite brutal looking, really.
Erin- Ah, balls.
Kassia- What?
Lycus- It was Valia, you brain forsaken fool.
Kassia- . . . Oh.
Lycus- Did she follow you? Dammit, Kassia, did she follow you?
Kassia- No! Well. . . I don’t know! She let me go, okay? I told her I had nothing to do with the resistance and she let me go.
Erin- Gods, Kassia! How don’t you know that bitch?
Lycus- Were you followed?
Erin- You didn’t look, did you?
Kassia- I found a necklace in an abandoned abode, alright! Look at the emerald! This thing is worth a fortune at the least!
Okay, I know that this lady is supposed to be brainless but this is just RIDICULOUS. And we don't even get the necklace to sell!
Erin- And what good will it do if that woman rides us down?
Kassia- But she let me go!
Lycus- You’re too recognizable. More likely than not, you were followed.
Kassia- But I-
Lycus- Enough. I’ll take the lead. Erin, behind me.
Erin- Aye, Cap’.
Lycus- Let us pray Jared is coming.
zBM0yFQ.png
Yeah, ... is right! With friends like these...
END DIALOGUE
TyzJ7ax.png
Anyways, tons of enemies have appeared, and the chapter is starting!
4f5k7PE.png
Gid and Jared are alone and surrounded by enemies, but luckily there's the other group above, Let's take a look at them, shall we?
xbQJfj6.pngN9nGZj8.pngKzFck9j.png
Erin is...or appears to be... just the worst. I'm serious, just LOOK at those bases. This is almost WORSE than FE8 Neimi! Bad strength, bad defense, bad everything but speed and skill! And her CON is so low, she can't even use an IRON BOW without getting weighed down!
If she doesn't get good levels, there WILL be problems.
VVVP0VG.pngrmNgVmo.pnghCsnTOD.png
Kassia is our first troubadour, and I think she MIGHT end up better off than Rinoa. It's hard to judge a unit's long-term potential when you don't have any growths! Either way, we're definitely using her right now, since having a consistent source of healing is an absolute necessity in this hack.
yomABa0.png9V0eSxc.pngfLHRxcJ.png
Lycus is, thankfully, NOT weak. To celebrate getting into the "real" game, he's our contractual crutch character! However, due to the insane level curve this hack has, he's going to be out-of-date and mostly useless in like 2-3 chapters. And I doubt his growths are good, so he's a Jeigan you can rely on to keep Erik/Kassia protected for now, but you should definitely drop him the second you can.
zAYp8mn.png
The generics are level 2 now, not that it really matters.
3WhKbip.png8YHmCxm.png
Some droppables. No idea why the game gives us a steel bow of all thing, since Erin can't use an iron bow okay, a steel bow takes away every last drop of extra speed she has.
lGfdDsY.png
So, hanging out up here is the lady from before...
YVFmp7F.pngnQW3GRA.pnga1xVjOK.png
Yeah, we are NOT messing with her. She's going to be the "high-ranking villain person who keeps getting in our way" for the rest of the demo. Also, apparently JARED gave her that scar on her face. No idea HOW, but he did!
Oh, and see that axe cavalier up and right one?
oZtFZNk.png6UAA08J.png
Yeah, he's our real chapter boss. I'm fairly certain that he's almost WEAKER than the last chapter's boss, or at least less BS-y. Either way, he'll be pretty easy to take down.

NEXT TIME: Battle in the Destroyed Town

Death or Glory: Episode 14: Chapter 12: Toggling Between Sucking and Winning(as usual)

WOVnct1.png08RwES2.png

We start by having Lycus weaken and Erin finish that myrm that was near our starting position.

QJNLtuI.png

Oh hey, a talk!

nVTrGtE.png

Erin- Why the long face?
Kassia- It’s nothing.
Erin- . . . Don’t worry about it, okay?
Kassia- . . .
Erin- Shit happens, Kassia. What if you had’ve recognized her? The crazy bitch might’ve killed you on the spot, or, maybe, taken you away for her own twisted sort of torture. At least this way we still have our healer.
Kassia- I’m just. . . just a little out of my depth.
Erin- Aren’t we all nowadays? Let’s move on. I’m almost glad I get a chance to put an arrow through the whores head.
(If Valia has already left)
Erin- Aren’t we all nowadays? Let’s move on. At least I nearly got a chance to skewer the whore with an arrow.
vDSXpu8.png
And immediately after that(after I ended the turn, not the talk), Valia leaves.
Engo- Ma’am?
Valia- You’re to oversee the skirmish.
Engo- But, ma’am, with you here-
Valia- Shut your Gods damn mouth! You will win this battle, and you will do it without my supervision.
Engo- . . . Ma’am.
vonuRkE.png
Bye, lady we couldn't possibly beat in a million years!
tbiEmTY.pngdLdrOyQ.png
Gid and Erin lure out some enemies, mirroring each other's efforts.
QetSAJ1.png
Sheesh, quite a few enemies incoming!
aV4BSWO.png
Okay, it has defense. I'll take it!
YpCxGgA.png
CRUTCH CHARACTER POWER
qkWOOFt.png
Erin kills a monk, gaining a level...
YEa47mH.png
OH.
Well then. Maybe I DON'T need to drop her...
vFLXcaR.png
Kassia uses her light green palette to heal.
UDwDAez.png
And not dodge.
V8PCo4f.png
And make Lycus not hit(this is actually good because I can give the kill to someone else).
yOyOfyv.png
Oh dear, looks like those wyverns from before are moving. GEE, I WONDER WHO COULD POSSIBLY COUNTER THEM?
OAwr3Yc.png
Oh, and some people come from the forts.
6aEb2iN.pngm1zs2GV.png
Boy, what an interesting house! There could at least be a potion on the shelves or something.
ZyJnGNU.png
Okay, the groups are together, but the next wave of enemies is here!
9YYXnxz.png
WELL. HE'S DEAD.
rusKrW2.png
Kassia heals herself, just in case the other wyvern decides to attack her...
z1BX14Z.png
But nope, he flees instead.
wVOfy1n.png
Once again Erin, not bad(couldn't you have a CON growth or something). Keep getting strength, and we might make something good out of you...maybe.
KSMMILu.png
Another talk? This one actually wasn't in my notes, but I was being careful and I CAUGHT IT THIS TIME! HAH!
9fB9FTL.png

Jared: This is no place for a chat-

Lycus: You Gods damned idiot-

Jared: How about we focus on not dying for the moment?

uTltKHt.png
I think Jared's right here...
2EY00Z0.png
Erin kills that one archer. She has enough speed that she can double with the steel bow occasionally, but once the enemies catch up it won't last.
0Qg5drF.png
Oh, so we're doing this again, huh?
gHCPFDu.png
More reinforcements come, two from the top and two from the right. Pity, we almost had things wrapped up.
HpXaxhY.png
It's good, but he's glossing over two important stats...
89jozG9.png
Jared will use this conveniently placed gate to tank everyone!
O6HTaTH.png
And then the wyvern decides to move again...
ZqOPzZS.png
Right into Erin's range! Seriously, if she keeps getting strength the other flaws might not even matter.
c74n1vj.png
We ALMOST kill everyone...
COlNN4D.pngANk1VFo.png
Okay, NOW everybody's dead. And, as you can see, it turns out Erin was actually stealing luck from Gid! THANKS A LOT, ERIN!
dYve8Gp.png6mXJgJj.png
Why are these houses even here?
bTvzAdg.png
We knock down the other snag too. Let's get that village!
pFVRry8.png
Oh, and Lycus/Erin finished off the soldiers hanging out there.
Yl7uC1Z.png
The armor isn't that big of a deal to take down.
KM2ScxH.pngmhPXnrJ.png
Jared- A friend. My friends and I are searching for supplies.
Old dispenser guy- Supplies you say? Then you can take this. ‘Tis a staff of mending. The priest who wielded it was trampled some days ago. Such a shame.
Jared- Your help is appreciated.
m5TCKn7.png
This is actually pretty nice, since I no longer have to worry about staff uses. Surely we won't burn through 70 uses in 2 chapters, right?
Uxqt7py.png
Well, the boss and his cronies are the only ones left.
4pImrHz.png
Kassia gets her first level. And there's NO MAGIC.
tWzDICY.png
Luring time!
KPm7c1r.pngKpP7aWk.png
Hah! That's actually funny!
ZTqOA2f.png
Erin chips...
UHYl5vV.png
And after Jared weakens him further...
mmHCyd2.png
Yeah, that's pretty much all he says. I BET YOUR DAD IS A WYVERN
a6kQghK.png
And of COURSE her good levels peter out now!
mwnkcbu.png
His generics are still alive...
mJsFcAG.png
BUT NOR FOR LONG
Tg1OBuu.png
I bet you forgot this potion even existed, didn't you?

AU2wmeX.png

I like giving this lady kills. I don't know why, I just do.

Conclusion coming soon!

The CHAPTER 12 CONCLUSION!

lZYjZ9L.png

Hey Gid, it's not like we could have fought her!

Jared- And that’s something we ought to thank the Gods for.
Gid- Is she truly that dangerous?
Jared- The woman would’ve torn through us all. Trust me.
Gid- You speak from experience?
Jared- . . . We got up close and personal once. And not in the way I’d like, either. It was when you were locked up. Valia was posted nearby, and she over saw the prisons day to days.
Gid- The woman screeches like a banshee.
Jared- Hah! That she does. We used to ambush her. Hit and run stuff. One day, she singled me out. We clashed. She cut my chest open and I took half her face off.
Gid- God’s, Jared, I remember a man who would never raise a hand to a woman, crazy or not. What happened?
Jared- I became what I had to, Gid. Anyway, she snapped after that and rode out with a full battalion. I broke off and circled back. . . and you know the rest.
Once again, I have to wonder exactly how Jared managed to break into the prison alone.
AUJJmr5.png
Jared- Held up.
Lycus- Held up? That’s all you can offer? You go running off with a handful of our best for three months and all you can offer is a “I got held up”?
...Okay, maybe he actually had a harder time than it initially seemed.
Jared- They went of their own choice, Lycus.
Lycus- To chase after one man? And I take it this is he?
Jared- You would take right.
Lycus- Hah! He has the look of a simpleton!
Jared- Gid is something of a military genius, Lycus. He’s what we need.
Lycus- What we NEED is for you to get these stupid fantasies out of your head. You can’t truly expect so much from one man? And can he not speak for himself?
Jared- Get your head out of your bloody arse-
hlIEwFB.png
Yeah guys, he's the main lord, we couldn't well NOT have saved him!
Lycus- Praise the Gods! He isn’t a mute.
Gid- . . . Who are you?
Lycus- My name is Lycus.
Gid- Did you know my father?
Lycus- . . . No, not personally.
Gid- Did you know who he was? The man he was?
Lycus- We’ve all heard the tales.
Gid- . . . I am nothing like him. And, honestly, I don’t think I ever will be. He made us. He brought us together. He guided us. He took all that we stood for and carried it on his shoulders. I . . . I can’t do that. I don’t want to be our leader. I don’t want to be the one everybody curses when a comrade falls. But, I have to do something. Silvatica took everyone – EVERYTHING – from me, and if I can stop that from happening to anyone, anyone at all, maybe it’ll take me one step closer to being the man he was.
75fXD7H.png
Hey, no need to be sarcastic! That was quite the speech!
GRsIFPl.png
Jared- (Toggle smile) I’m still dealing with his shit now. You’d better take one last look at Alvinton, Gid, ‘cause we’re hitting the road.
Gid- Where?
gXz3W0L.png
This seems important. It's not.
Jared- Faren’s been scouting our next target and is due back any day. Anyway, I’d best go keep Lycus in order.
kh9Uhgt.png
Gid-(eyes close) isn’t that what you used to say?
Cut to this Dellion place...in the old patch, it actually showed a random fort tile inside an empty plain, but not here. I think the old one actually had a better transition...
afOlxkW.png
Gid- Slight? The rebels are making their own doorways, Jared.
yqvnhPE.png
Oh hey, guy! Faren will be joining our team soon enough, and while his portrait is kinda cute and freckly you can see that he's serious behind it.
Jared- The man of the hour has arrived! How fairs the roads, Faren?
Faren- They’re swarming with Silvatica. It’s getting hard to avoid stepping in their shit.
Jared- And Chiwa?
Faren- It has potential. . . to my eye, anyway.
Jared- I assume you have a detailed report prepared?
Faren- Of course.
Jared- Good. This is Gid, tell him everything. (Turns to face Gid)
dhFx3Op.png
...What?
kSMhUaD.png
Gid- We’ve met?
Faren- Not long after I joined your father did rounds with our branch – you were close in tow. He was. . . he was a good man.
Gid- . . . Tell me about Chiwa.
Faren- Yes, yes. As of this moment, Silvatica is slowly advancing through Lakota. Chiwa is – well, was – a well-populated city on the outskirt – farming and markets mostly. At the moment it’s being used as a supply depot. About noon every three days a convoy will arrive with fresh foods and equipment and then they’re shipped onto the next town.
Gid- And we’re taking it? Break the chain and leave the main army with empty bellies?
Faren- That’s what Jared wants.
Gid- How do we plan on taking it?
Faren- That has yet to be. . . established.
Gid- (Eyes closed) . . . (Open) The towns folk?
Faren- Threatened, oppressed, scared – the usual.
Gid- The guard?
Faren- Tight. The shifts seem random.
Gid- Defenses?
Faren- They’re better than this shithole.
Gid- We’ll need the townsfolk.
Faren- In what way?
Gid- They’ll be our way in. By now the folk will have an elected official who negotiates with the Silvatican forces. We need to talk to this person.
Faren- Won’t be easy. What then?
Gid- No-one will know the guards habits and organizations better than the townsfolk. If – and it’s a big if – they agree to help, we can work our way around the guard. We might be able to infiltrate them entirely. If we can, we can take two different paths: We can blitz the guard, night after night, or we can hijack the convoy.
This seems important, but it will ALL amount to nothing, unfortunately. Still, it's nice to hear an FE lord actually CARE about tactics.
Faren- You plan to steal the supplies, though?
Gid- It’s something to play with. We don’t know enough for now, and I don’t like leaping without looking down.
Faren- There’s something else, too, a rumor: they have a prisoner there, an important one.
Oh?
Gid- Who?
gEd5hHX.png
OH
WE ARE SO GOING THERE
PLEASE GID
GO THERE RIGHT NOW
Gid- The Azalian Lieutenant. . .
Faren- The man was a legend.
Gid- . . . There’s a good chance we’ll never be able to reach him. I won’t rule it out entirely, but the risk would be too great. With the reputation he has. . . I cannot begin to comprehend the army guarding his cell.
I bet he has like one guard.
Faren- Oh! Here, take this. It’s all the notes I took over the month.
Gid- I’ll read them come dawn. Go and get some sleep, Faren. The night isn’t very young anymore.
Faren- Sir.
uPna1rS.png
Get used to it! You're a commander!
5rneydG.png
Gid- You played mediator?
Jared- If mediator means breaking two noses, then yes.
I was kind of imagining Jared's "resources" as a bathroom metaphor, so, uh...
Gid- Heh. Faren filled me in on the plan.
Jared- And what do you think?
Gid- I think we need to see that place for ourselves.
Jared- Come on, Gid, I can see the glint in your eye! You have a plan.
Gid- (Toggle smile) I have a vague plan that might get everyone killed.
Jared- And I think with that we ought to turn in for the night. It’s good to have you back, Gid.
hC5lfnC.png
And with that random visible silence...
Wzom35p.png
We're ready to go onwards to the final chapter of the current patch! Is everyone ready?

So, to give you an idea of what to expect next time:

1st chapter: Escaping from a prison with a few guards

2nd chapter: Fighting in a town with several enemies

3rd chapter: ATTACKING THE MAIN CASTLE OF AN ENTIRE FREAKING NATION AND ITS GUARDED WITH 10 ZILLION ENEMIES

The CHAPTER 13 PRELUDE!

sghuokN.png

Time to BREAK SOME BONDS! JAMES BONDS! ...No, wait, that isn't right.

xX4vG5I.png

ANOTHER DREAM SEQUENCE?

Faris- Jared, wake up!
xmaouCE.png
Oh no, it's just this guy getting roused.
Jared- Didn’t you hear what I went through two damn days ago?
Faris- There isn’t time for this!
7ek1xnX.png
Uh oh. Wasn't she the one taking command before Gid arrived? I guess Gid hasn't had time to integrate himself into the command structure yet...
Jared- (Eyes open) Tell me, now.
h0dFMev.png
Gid- Enough. Go ahead, Faris.
Faris- . . .There’s going to be an assault on Mordrivale. Every rebel stationed at Fort West Forge are marching as we speak.
On Mordrivale? The place has been mentioned a few times. They're just marching on a fort, right?
Jared- Like hell!
Faris- I tried to talk her out of it, Jared, but she wasn’t listening. When the scouts finished their report it was like a switch flipped in her head. She said there’d never be another opportunity like this.
Jared- Damn that woman and her revenge.
Gid- Revenge?
Jared- Aye, she lost dozens of good men to that Royal Asshole some weeks ago. . . She never forgave herself, or him.
Faris- And she’s soon to lose more if we don’t do something.
JRJLvQN.png
So, she decided to attack WHEN there was gonna be a lord arriving? What was this alleged "opportunity" she even thought she had?
Gid- . . . That’s why she made her move, then? Mordivale has spread its forces thin and is relying on Silvatican aid. Does she have the time I wonder?
"Forces spread thin"? We all know that means NOTHING with regard to numbers in an FE game!
Jared- It’d not matter to her either way.
Faris-We have to reinforce West Forge, Jared. They’ll never make it without our help.
Jared- (Faces Gid) Can we help them?
Gid- I . . . (Portait moves back) That’s not my decision to make.
Jared- Gid?
Gid- I can’t be. . . I don’t know yet, Jared. I don’t know.
6GlQ27a.png
Faris- Jared? What are your orders, Jared?
qGDXjqG.png
Here we go...
0H1hVkC.png
We go to the rebel fort, where there are GENERICS EVERYWHERE
i5l6oJa.png
Actually a rebel generic- Fight for the sake of your brothers and sisters!
bTo3Z0M.pngYzdI5zG.pngzcgPZuc.png
And then the rebels destroy the Mordrivales. Despite the fact that this is supposed to be a stupid assault, no one on our side is actually DYING!
LWgQmU4.png
Hey, the rebels charged the knights!
hwB2wX2.png
The soldier opens the door, and we start talking. Btw, the axe cavalier is Faris. That's right, we get one of our own now!
Ed1CEGE.png
Jared- Where is Philomena? Why is she not leading her men?
Gid- She’ll be finding another entrance.
ziOPFEy.png
Gid- It’s a sound plan, at least to her, anyway.
Wait, what?
So, basically, Philomena isn't commanding her army, using them as a distraction. Instead, she finds another entrance into the place she's assaulting and is pursuing an emotional goal(REVENGE).
Does that seem familiar? Even a little? I'll give you a minute...
IT'S ALMOST THE SAME AS WHAT RAGNAR DID. That's right, Philomena basically REPEATS the evil actions of Ragnar! Despite this, the characters don't treat Philomena as "slowly losing morals", they instead just consider it a stupid mistake. It's actually really odd, when you think about it.
Okay, back to the dialogue.
Faris- What are we going to do? What CAN we do?
Jared- We have to find her. We’ll circle the keep and pray we come across another entrance.
Gid- . . . No.
Jared- What?
Gid- There’s a better way.
Jared- . . . Can you shoulder the responsibility? Before, when it was just the two of us, then you were able to lead. . . But now we’re not alone. There’s a lot riding on this battle. There’s a lot riding on you.
Gid- We all do things we think ourselves unable too. I know I can help, Jared. I can lead from the shadows.
Jared- Our orders if that’s the case.
Gid- Faris, find Philomena. If she’s to go after the King, I want her passing by us atleast.
Faris- How will I know where you are?
Gid- You will. Now go.
Faris- But-
Jared- Ride, Faris. There’s no time for pissin’ about now.
eaZHqC2.png
Faris leaves. We won't get to use him QUITE yet.
rQdN0Qn.pngQfrulFY.png
So, Gid's brilliant plan is to... charge the front?
Jared- Through the front? The heavily guarded, and large, oaken doors over yonder?
Gid- Since we’ve arrived they’ve opened three times. Each time was to let out another wave of troops. When it opens next, we’ll have the numbers to take it.
Jared- How can you know?
Gid- It closes too slowly. They’re very undermanned in there.
Okay, that's better. But wait, didn't a soldier open the door in the cutscene?
Jared- . . . If you’re sure.
wZCL0wR.png
And now, we go to talk to the rebels...
8u1VCUE.png
Jared- Your aid has arrived, brother.
Rebel- As timely as ever, sir. What’re we to do? We’ve not heard from Philomena since the fighting begun.
Jared- West Forge is standing alongside us tonight. One way or another we’ll get in that damn place. Spread the word, man.
Rebel- Yes, sir!
u2gN90J.png
And then we get into the damn place! Offscreen, of course.
mn3P2ra.png
Jared- Don’t let a single bastard through. Give us as much time as you can.
Rebel- Don’t worry, sir, we’ll keep them off your back.
No Gid! Don't send them away! There are so many enemies in this chapter!
XI8dzFq.png
King douche- Kill them! I want them dead before Lord Valia arrives. Kill them NOW!
END DIALOGUE
HD1MOdY.png
This chapter's gameplay is just about unchanged, which is a pity, because it was one of the chapters I felt most needed it.
YWKCDeu.png
So, basically, we're attacking the ROYAL CASTLE of Mordrivale. That's right, it's the third chapter, and we're already assaulting castles! Even if it makes sense in-story, I think it kind of breaks the scale of battles, jamming it high super super fast. At this rate, we'll be promoting by the sixth chapter!
You know, judging by how EASY everybody's taking down nations, and marching in between them, I'd like to show you guys a map:
Azuchimomoyama-japan.png
This is Japan, during what I think is the Era of Independent Lords, because the not-that-large country was split into tons and tons of small nations that just CONSTANTLY. FOUGHT. Judging by the fact that attacking the main castle of a nation FIRST(twice!) is a viable option for Silvatica, and that you can march between nations in just a few days, I'd guess that Aetheria looks somewhat like this right now, just without the clan divisions loosely tying things together.
Okay, again! Back to the chapter!
xA7uwF5.png
So, we have to defeat Draven and his army. This chapter is INSANELY LONG, not because 27 enemies is too much, but because there are TONS AND TONS of reinforcements.
jtGQRWJ.png
This used to say that Mordrivale was the weakest of all nations, making this make a bit more sense (not without introducing some of its own problems, mind you), but not anymore.
VrfPvz8.png3huYEp5.pngraUBWck.png
Man, why is the game giving us so many bows for Erin?
U1fDk06.png
Draven's just hanging out on the throne. Why yes, there IS a promoted boss on the third chapter, why do you ask?
dREyd7D.pngVxglC4r.png
Okay, he's a sucky prepromote boss, but still, 14 defense!
Might want to make that description more clear too, how can someone betray a kingdom he leads?
NEXT TIME: The VERY LONG assault begins!

Death or Glory: Episode 15: Chapter 13: Part 1: Moving VERY SLOWLY

K6SHhTf.png

Bad start.

OCuUhBR.png

I'm using the crutch character, but he can't tank magic that well!

o3a0jBd.png

Okay, skip ahead to turn 4...

6e7hQG0.png

And we've barely moved at all. When you only have 5 units at your disposal, you move so slow, and the map is HUGE... this is gonna take a while.

l2KPrdv.png

This is not a good omen.

7mwSYrp.png

77, a very luck number for ME!

pEpV8f7.png

Cavaliers from one side, and from that top offshoot corridor there were some other dudes.

5VXfIYe.pngH9FiUn5.png

And of course, right as they say this...

t3OcoWf.png

Faris, the idiot commander who started all this, and some random other rebel show up!

Faris- No! We’re meeting with Jared. They need us.
Philomena- I am your commanding officer, Faris! And I am ORDERING you to cover my flank.
Faris- Senka! Help me reason with her?
Senka- No.
Faris- Senka! Argh! Will you two listen to me? Please?
Philomena- Jared can handle himself just fine.
Faris- And what if he can’t? What if he’s in trouble and needs our help?
Philomena- He’s the one who WANTED to lead us-
Faris- It doesn’t matter! (Downcast face) Haven’t you already done enough?
dHYHyj3.png
TW76iVE.png
Philomena- The poor boy’s wrapped around your finger.
I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY SUCH THINGS MISSY
yZx4WuR.png
Anyways, three new allies showed up, and they're in quite a bit of trouble right off the bat.
XqgfNmA.pngL4BhnR4.pngYl2YQyb.png
Philomena is an actually competent unit, and a female knight(which gets bows instead of swords). She'll be carrying the rest of the group until they aren't being swarmed by enemies anymore.
px1ZAbS.pngi3nELKX.pngzDAKUUs.png
Faris is our axe cavalier. While he MIGHT be super good later on, right now he's weak, and can't do much damage to the enemies nor tank many hits.
xn9Vwwu.pngy6VnPhT.pngXnXpY86.png
Senka is a female thief, and I think she might have EVEN LESS combat viability than Abner!
hA0HGCo.png
This is the best I can do, tactics-wise. There are too many enemies at the start, and if I put Faris our in the open he'll likely die.
jt5zIVC.png
Okay, strength! Good level!
XFhVSpB.png
I think I reset here and traded something away first, because Jared's inventory was full and I HATE throwing things away at this stage of the game.
UDK5iBD.png
Gid's headed up to handle that armor...
R5IYc4u.png37NaMNK.png
OH THE IRONY
PIlRsBP.png
Uh oh, forgot about that!
ECMrZ98.png
Yeah, we're pretty much in an unwinnable situation. Luring out that shaman means that there are quite simply TOO MANY enemies, especially with an almost-dead Faris.
JkcGLIp.png
No really, this shaman makes the fight nearly impossible all on his own.
I reset to the last turn.
3xFNkxo.png
Erin gets Jared's level instead, and it's the exact same! Huh.
LBHitjK.png
Okay, maybe we'll be safer THIS time!
ll4u8Zi.pngAgvJO61.png
Everything turns out better!
PYSZcOW.png
Senka gets a kill. Her palette is pretty nice, but nothing that interesting.
UwXouht.png
Heal!
O7FjVXF.png
Jared re-gets his level, and... it's the same. Again.
FKKMTE6.png
Magic!
VRnCEbt.png8Mk0kai.png
Dodging!
QVra8r6.png
Oh?
Monk dude- Damn them all to oblivion. Even still they would battle that cloaked girl? Gods, she is but a child! I must speak with the resistance; they will have the answers I need.
hAY77u8.png
So yeah, this guy just sort of shows up. Not that I'm gonna deny his help, we need everything we can get right now!
e4QOaWq.pngnUeG6xO.pngCTbojCS.png
Far as I can tell, Ceri is just a standard monk. Still, we need magic users badly.
5TfGYQn.png
Let's recruit him!
zfOijNA.png
Ceri- You are a rebel, yes?
Gid- A word of advice: conversing on the field is dangerous.
Ceri- Hear what I have to say first, please? I won’t take much more of your time.
Gid- Speak if you must, then.
Ceri- I. . . I wish to join the rebels.
Gid- . . . Speak with the scarred man. This is not my rebel army.
(Exit Gid)
Ceri- Wait- ah, damn and blast.
Q6O9qHl.png
Well, THAT was pointless!
mOn8j6e.png
Gah, I do NOT need this right now!
q5EZQwz.png
Okay, the area immediately around is clear! Hurrah!
yEtaK3x.png
But TONS more enemies are coming, naturally.
bPEW2Tb.png
Man, Jared is awesome.
QaxzqHI.png
Kassia's pretty great too.
cu7ryq7.png
Another monk attacks Ceri and WOAH that green palette...let's recruit him as soon as possible.
ljaq6wU.png
Meanwhile, the EPIC ARMOR BATTLE begins!
kRVp8MF.png
BRtdmS7.png
Oh look, MORE reinforcements! Just what I wanted! The knight on the stairs is new, too.
gbZki4t.pngRPAqCVD.png1usC68H.png
WOW
JUST WOW
zyWLofy.png
I can excuse this. Sort of.
tzKPymW.png
See? The crutch character is ALREADY out of date!
FMIXwzZ.png
We've been forced to retreat to handle this next enemy wave.
oy2HeXC.png
The EPIC ARMOR BATTLE concludes! What is inside the chest? Can ANYONE recruit Ceri? Will the reinforcements EVER STOP? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

I don't think I'll be able to get any updates out tomorrow, because real-life stuff. Sorry.