TheMoniker plays Death or Glory

TheMoniker

Apologies for not diving into this thing sooner... I got a bit bored and it took me three days to get through this... lol

yqvnhPE.png
Oh hey, guy! Faren will be joining our team soon enough, and while his portrait is kinda cute and freckly you can see that he's serious behind it.

Right, freckles. Looks like acne... lots and lots of acne...

I don't care largely for Jared's portrait either... that face looks a little... tacked on. Meh, may the artists cast their art unbothered... I can the critique??

**Epic Map of Japan in the late 1500's**
This is Japan, during what I think is the Era of Independent Lords, because the not-that-large country was split into tons and tons of small nations that just CONSTANTLY. FOUGHT. Judging by the fact that attacking the main castle of a nation FIRST(twice!) is a viable option for Silvatica, and that you can march between nations in just a few days, I'd guess that Aetheria looks somewhat like this right now, just without the clan divisions loosely tying things together.

Certainly plausible... though Japan was mostly just one sort of climate... (EDIT: Not exactly, now that IRC, but you know what I mean... none of this standard FE stuff where they traverse entire biomes) Though again, only the plains-y country was mentioned and everywhere else seems roughly like a temperate-foresty-place... I wonder if we'll encounter an Ice Nation or a desert later.

Overall, this hack is great, well written, and well executed. I should probably play it for myself. I'm a little lost in the chronology, though (you've heard of grammar-nazis... well I'm a chronology-nazi)... just how long after part 1 is part 2? It seems like three months but then somebody says Gid was in jail for three months and that the rebellion was going on three months before that (because Silvactica was pushed back by the Azalians because Ragner's martyr-bit rallied them causing the Silvacticans to head west, thus starting this rebellion) and the rebellion started a little after Ragner's "martyr thingy" (because I'd imagine a few days at least for the Azalians to drive the Silvacticans out and then for the latter to go west). Anybody else have a clearer grip on this timeline?

Though it's probably painful to hack in, this hack and all it's writing-heavy story could greatly benefit from a world map and a long recap thingy like the one in FE6 after Roy fought Bern in Ostia but before he traipsed off to the Western Isles in between parts 1 and 2...

Maybe a prologue before Part 2 so we don't feel like we've been put into a completely different story without much introduction....? okay, I'll shut up now. XD

Edited by Doctor Robert

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for not diving into this thing sooner... I got a bit bored and it took me three days to get through this... lol

I don't care largely for Jared's portrait either... that face looks a little... tacked on. Meh, may the artists cast their art unbothered... I can the critique??

To be honest, I'm kinda lukewarm on the Part 2 portraits as well. Some are good, but I think the Part 1 portraits are way better.

Certainly plausible... though Japan was mostly just one sort of climate... (EDIT: Not exactly, now that IRC, but you know what I mean... none of this standard FE stuff where they traverse entire biomes) Though again, only the plains-y country was mentioned and everywhere else seems roughly like a temperate-foresty-place... I wonder if we'll encounter an Ice Nation or a desert later.

Yeah, if we actually see different weather climates(outside of the seasons just turning to winter), then my "Aetheria is Feudal Japan" theory goes out the window.

Overall, this hack is great, well written, and well executed. I should probably play it for myself. I'm a little lost in the chronology, though (you've heard of grammar-nazis... well I'm a chronology-nazi)... just how long after part 1 is part 2? It seems like three months but then somebody says Gid was in jail for three months and that the rebellion was going on three months before that (because Silvactica was pushed back by the Azalians because Ragner's martyr-bit rallied them causing the Silvacticans to head west, thus starting this rebellion) and the rebellion started a little after Ragner's "martyr thingy" (because I'd imagine a few days at least for the Azalians to drive the Silvacticans out and then for the latter to go west). Anybody else have a clearer grip on this timeline?

Though it's probably painful to hack in, this hack and all it's writing-heavy story could greatly benefit from a world map and a long recap thingy like the one in FE6 after Roy fought Bern in Ostia but before he traipsed off to the Western Isles in between parts 1 and 2...

Maybe a prologue before Part 2 so we don't feel like we've been put into a completely different story without much introduction....? okay, I'll shut up now. XD

I agree with you on everything, a world map and something telling us exactly how long was in-between the parts would really help the story. A bit more of a prologue in the "breaking into a prison" scene would help as well.

Responses in bold.

Hello everyone! Time to dive into...

Death or Glory: Episode 15: Chapter 13: Part 2: The Mordrivale Spiral

wmqReQC.png

So, this is how we're starting. Ceri still unrecruited, the enemies slowly petering out(but there's still plenty left) and the two groups separated by a long distance.

CgWTOox.png

The top group engages the next wave of enemies. It takes them so long to leave their starting position, seriously...

WgLHzgD.pngSEch9AP.png

AND SOME OF IT ISN'T MY FAULT

Seriously, luck-only level... this is the worst irony ever...

lgVgUjQ.png

Knights STILL don't make good archers.

wsCQSTA.png

Ceri's still tagging along.

chIJVg0.png

Oh yeah! LET THE HAMMER TIME BEGIN

Ejs2iRT.png

This is an okay first level. Defense is good.

ZM5yefT.png

I can tell already, you're gonna be Abner 0.8.

F5xdWpc.png

Our weapons are no longer in the best condition, so we can totally use this stuff.

fKBOEi7.pngHpEpg8l.png

Jared- Hm? Oh, a monk.
Ceri- You are a member of the rebellion, yes?
Jared- Something like that.
Ceri- Then I will join you in this fight, and all others to come.
Jared- . . . Right. Let’s just take a step back. Who’re you?
Ceri- Ah, yes, of course. My name is Ceri.
Jared- . . . Ceri, I’m going to ask you two questions. I want you to answer me. I want you to tell the truth.
Ceri- You have my word.
Jared- Good. . . Why do you fight?
Ceri- I fight for the wrongs done against the innocent. I. . . My monastery, the church where I served, it was all I had. They took it from me. They burnt it to the ground. They KILLED everyone. T-They. . . (Downcast face) I can’t let it happen again. I-I wanted revenge for so long – had it, too – and had my path not changed, there would be a different man before you today. But, now I only want to protect those who can’t protect themselves; I want to be their shield.
Jared- . . . My name is Jared, Ceri. It’s good to have you on our side.
xo68AnQ.pngysK1evy.png
At last, he's on our side! Someone to throw down magic shots is definitely gonna be handy.
9hKGpZz.png
More reinforcements, from three sides of the map! Just what we needed! Now the top group's advance will be EVEN SLOWER!
IZPpgAN.png
I'm serious, the enemy numbers aren't decreasing! The reinforcements are just that numerous!
7IF7mg5.png
I take back what I said about Erin earlier. She's become one of the more competent units on the team.
7i7BVeD.png
Magic!
K9XefAp.png
Reaver power!
txNiLSq.png
This is a great follow-up to his previous level. Still, I'm willing to bet that he'll be just like Agro and never gain RES ever.
kMYR3vo.png
Defense and offense! I like it! Jared is also becoming a very competent unit. He reminds me of Shuuda in TLP...
UR3TpWp.png
Yeah, some of our ordinary weapons are breaking because of all these enemies. I hope that Chapter 14 has a shop(hint! hint!).
TwW81DX.png
The reinforcements have stopped, and the level is mostly empty now. We just have to trek straight to the boss room.
UYgtVAW.png
Nice! Ceri hs surprisingly high base MAG for a monk, and I know he'll be good if he keeps up that growth!
gmYgn2Z.pnguSV4R6q.png
Gid takes the gammer(can't have him using JUST his prf) and gains an excellent level. I still think he needs a defense buff...
J19ESuU.pngDOgK1f4.pngW4Jnnkg.png
News announcer guy: "This so-called 'Miss syndrome' epidemic has spread out of Part 1 to Part 2, and if things continue at this rate, we don't know how bad it will get... scientists all over the world are working on a cure..."
vXVJxj5.png
Defense! Maybe Senka will be okay after all...
7eYTibd.png
Ooh, a talk!
cCjJGe4.png
Jared- even after staging some suicidal raid.
Philomena- I saw my chance and took it. I will reach him, Jared, and I will do it without your help.
Jared- Oh, you have my help. Whether or not you want it, I’m here to stay. Someone has to keep everyone alive after all.
Philomena- Hmph.
Jared- Tell me, have you thought about all the lives you threw away this past hour?
Philomena- They were my men!
Jared- They were NEVER yours! Those men belonged to themselves. They belonged to their families. And now they’re gone.
Philomena- How could you of expected me to just sit idly by? To twiddle my thumbs and look at the scenery?
Jared- . . . I only expected you to watch over and protect those at West Forge.
Philomena- (Downcast face) . . .
Jared- If we make it out of here alive. . . We’ve more words to discuss.
Yeah, Philomena isn't getting called out QUITE as hard as Ragnar was, but at least the characters aren't excusing it.
uMfwgoj.png
These two also have a talk...
2TnuWAa.png
Ceri- Poor child. What is one as young as yourself doing here?
Senka- Child. . .?
Ceri- The battlefield is no place for the likes of you. I cannot abide by this.
Senka- . . . Next time I’ll slit your throat.
(Exit Senka)
Ceri- Do not fret, child! I will protect you with my life.
I hope these two get supports eventually.
e3FrTQb.png
Walking...
*5 minutes of moving units later*
LD9OeuI.png
Walking...
446ZXyK.png
OH CRAP KNIGHTS
v4I88U6.pngdXOjbIe.pngA2Nuh6G.png6gm4ONj.pngbb20qJ2.png
CwkzRhm.png
ANOTHER ARTIFICIAL BIT OF LENGTHENING. JUST WHAT THIS CHAPTER NEEDED.
Oh. and see the knight in the middle there?
xYogA9P.png
Stealable!
*some combat later*
yDwJV2l.png
GIVE
ysb8xbx.png
Senka, you aren't even looking at the knight! No wonder you aren't doing any damage!
6bOvoo8.png
Faris, if you keep this up, you'll be amazing.
lMQFV5E.png
Same to you, Ceri.
vBtOe7j.png
These two knights don't move at all. I was trying to skirt around this one's range, which made fighting hard, so it would have been good to know that earlier!
RSfSvsz.png
Magic and...
YIZqd6G.png
...and DEAD!
IHZciqv.png
That's a bit better. I like the speed. Still, can you try to actually get defense at some point?
udheRbp.pngFu750lg.png
Faris fails. Here's his one and only special quote:
Vs Philomena
Philomena- I’ve been praying I’d be the one to run you through.
Boss- Run ME through? You insolent girl!
Also, attacking with Faris? I never intended for him to succeed. It was just a ploy...
wHopMQU.png
TO GET HIM TO SWITCH TO HIS SWORD. Go, Gid!
qdnyEk3.png
He's injured!
HGoW1LX.png
Magic chip!
mTrXCsF.png
Crutch chip!
v6Vjvyg.png
Sticking-the-sword-through-the-armor-and-somehow-not-killing-him chip!
Okay, WHO GETS THE KILL?
uMaPmEW.png
The answer is obvious!
fVdoxp4.png
Yeah, screw you buddy.
5eMSLnY.png
This looks to be a meh level, but she seriously needs defense so I'm happy.
E1WWMSn.png
Staff grinding!
tiWVYI6.pngVylHaoa.png
I wait until like Turn 58 to see if there are supports, but nope, none formed.
eLMElIl.png

NEXT TIME: The LAST update of this LP!

Hello everyone! Time to dive into...

The CHAPTER 13 CONCLUSION & FINAL THOUGHTS!

DzmHf3H.png

Oh look, he's not dead. Please don't tell me we leave him alive.

Jared- I think that’s just about enough. That mouth of yours is starting to get on my nerves.
King- How dare you. . . How dare you!
Jared- I think it’s nigh time we end this.
King- Heh. . . You think you’ve made a difference? You. . . you’ve changed nothing. . . Nothing!
Jared- I hope the afterlife treats you well-
Gid- Jared! Wait.
Jared- . . . Make it quick, Gid. These hands of mine have a mind of their own.
Gid- Why did you side with Silvatica?
Interrogation time!
King- I’ll not say a word to the likes of you!
Gid- What hold do they have over you?
King- My reasons were my own. . . They were my own dammit! No-one controls me!
Gid- Was it promises of gold? Control?
King- There. . . (Downcast face) There were never any promises.
Hmm... he might be about to share something...
xO2qrfK.pngTVgNuD6.pngV1jm2Jk.png
AND THEN VALIA WARPS IN AND KILLS HIM
Valia- . . . You.
Jared- Gid, run. Run now.
Valia- Hah! The time for running has long since passed. And my, how these fingers have longed to wrap themselves round your damned neck.
Gid- . . .
Jared- Please, Gid. They need you more than they need me.
ZYKjtvD.png
Hey, he can run if he wants! Come on Gid! Run!
Valia- You. . . prisoner, will watch as I tear his body limb from limb. You will watch as I drink the blood from his headless body. And you will watch as I spend the night slaughtering every last rebel that dared step foot in this place.
Jared- Gid, RUN!
And then, suddenly, to fast to screenshot, A GREEN DUDE TELEPORTS IN
SCoPbOO.png
Oh crap, he's gonna get owned!
odHruiZ.png0VFTbOK.png
Oh wait, rigged battle, I almost forgot. He attacked back and crit, draining over half of Valia's health.
u8Wg26C.png
Uzal- . . . For now, I am merely your opponent.
Valia- Argh! Gods be damned! None can best me! Do you hear ME? There is no-one who can make me bleed! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE ME BLEED!
This lady is a bit of a control freak!
Uzal- Retreat, Lord. Lick your wounds clean and come for me in time.
Valia- . . . Mark my words, swordsman, I will have my revenge upon those that have harmed me.
TTGoCHn.png6vjaUQO.png
She teleports out, and now we gotta deal with this guy. He's green, so he can't be evil...right?
Uzal- . . .
Gid- . . . How long have you been watching us?
He gives visible silence and you just fire the next question?
VnkcLV8.pnglDP01Dc.png
Another guy?
pfFUy0N.png
A green assassin fades in, and then we go to an actual talk scene...
9y7wfk5.png
Jared- Right bloody now.
Yes, please!
Savas- Answers will come in time. First, though, may I say it is a pleasure to meet you two in the flesh. And, Gid, my condolences regarding your late father.
Gid- . . . Thank you.
Savas- Now! Where to begin?
Gid- Who told you to follow us?
Savas- That will be answered in due time.
Gid- . . . How did Valia know?
oTSRR8C.png
I actually like Gid's style of questioning.
Jared- How did she know what?
Gid- She risked coming alone and ahead of her troop.
Savas- Why?
Gid- She knew if she didn’t, we’d pull some sort of information from the King. Whatever he was going to say. . . Valia knew he was on the verge.
Jared- . . . Are you saying Valia can see the future.
Savas- No, she cannot. No one can. Perhaps in time the Druids’ may master a spell that gives them such sight, but for now I have not heard of an ability that could explain it.
Gid- Then what?
Savas- Silvatica. Or should I say her King?
Yeah, this king guy who seems to know everything.
Jared- Explain yourself.
Savas- If only I could. My network of spies stops dead at her borders. Anyone I send there never returns. That place is poison cloaked in mystery.
Gid- What DO you know?
Savas- . . . I know that they were making something. Be it a weapon, magicks, or anything inbetween, I know not.
Hmm...
Jared- Then what have you come to tell us.
Savas- . . . They’re watching. They’ve always have been.
Jared- You mean to tell me every victory we had, every night of peace, even when I rescued Gid; they knew it was going to happen? They let it all to happen?
Savas- That is the logical conclusion.
Gid- And how are you reaching these conclusions?
Savas- The same way you did with Valia – pure guesswork.
Gid- Have you any other information that isn’t guesswork?
Savas- I do, in fact. I know that Janeba has completely isolated itself from the outside world.
Jared- What? I know Janeba has always been something of a mystery, but to have cut off all ties with the outside? That can’t be true.
Savas- Ah, but it is. Perhaps a day after Silvatica crossed the Robins Rove and made for Azalia, Janeba disappeared.
You know, if we actually knew what kind of nation Janeba was, this would be useful information, but...
Jared- Then they’ve left us all to burn. Why would that be vital information?
Gid- . . . Because they knew what we know now. How can you fight an enemy that can see everything? Vanishing – running – was their only course of action.
Savas- And now you must find the missing kingdom.
Jared- What about the rebels? We have an army that needs leading!
Savas- Your army will only be led to their deaths! The rebellion is over, Jared.
What?
Jared- No. . . No it’s his LEGACY! It’s everything he stood for!
dLfvkL6.png
Jared- (Downcast face) It can’t be over. . . It can’t be. Not just like that.
Yeah, we aren't gonna make a perfectly good army of several hundred people back down just because two dudes say something about a mythical quest thingy! ...Are we?
Gid- . . . He’s right, Jared. It’s only us now. It can only be us.
...Seriously?
Jared- Who are you two?
Savas- . . . Friends.
Uzal- Savas.
Savas- I’m afraid our time is up. It’s been a pleasure.
(Exit Uzal and Savas)
(Enter Savas)
Savas- One last piece of advice: Cast your eye to tallest heights and find the embrace of brightest nights.
WI4KL6T.png
Yeah, we're gonna make an entire rebellion back down and abandon our previous lives, and THAT'S all the help you're gonna give us? Dangit, I was kinda hoping that this WOULDN'T turn into a mystical quest story!
rGd9I2f.png
Bye greenies. I don't like you.
UI5vJe7.png
Gid- Do you doubt them?
Jared- . . . (Downcast face) No.
And that's the only explanation we get as to why we're going with their plan.
Gid- Jared?
Jared- I’m fine. Come, I have to address the men.
NKmfbFE.png
Jared- The rebellion is over. I know in your hearts there is a burning hatred for Silvatica and her allies, and I know that is what drew you all to our side, so I ask that you let the flame burn quietly. For now, Silvatica needs to know that we are no more. There are no answers I can give. I just ask that you all obey this request. Do not forget what we stood for, brothers and sisters. . . One day it’ll mean something again.
And everybody just is like "oh, let's all go home while being known as armed criminals in a nation that just had it's leadership toppled, this will totally work!"

JKtB9iO.pngali3yit.png

Jared- So we’re to head for Janeba?
Gid- It’s the only choice we have. But, we have a choice of how to get there.
1WD4dyH.png
Jared- I. . . I want you to decide.
Gid- . . .
Jared- By land or ship, Gid?
And here it comes...
CZPnUaM.png
THE ROUTE SPLIT DECISION!
If we say yes...
WHK0VIg.png
Gid- I don’t like the idea of sitting out in the middle of the ocean.
Jared- Then we’ll sleep for now, and inform the men come sunrise.
jVYQVFw.png
And then we get to go to 14A, which I kinda suspect will have it's name changed later.
And then, when the chapter starts...
b23Mr6F.png
THE GAME RESETS! Beautiful!
If we choose the other option...
7G3yPfg.png
Gid- We haven’t got any time to spare, and I’m willing to bet on the winds being in our favor.
Jared- Then we’ll sleep for now, and inform the men come sunrise.
rDHILok.png
And then we just go to the normal FE7 chapter...
vuXKbZs.png
Which has the same reset script!
Okay everyone, that's all! The hack is over! We've seen all there is to see!

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Death or Glory is, without a doubt, one of the best custom hacks I have ever played. I'd say it's better than Road to Ruin, even. The old patch had mediocre everything, so the new patch was very much needed, and now it's all better. While there were some quirks which I commented on, the gameplay is actually enjoyable and well-designed(rather than slowly becoming just a large segment of boring in between story parts which may or may not also be boring, a trap which I find many hacks fall into), and the story is well-written, and actually makes you care and be curious, the two most important things that make up the audience interest.

If I had to give it a score, I'd say 9/10 would play again.

While NORMALLY I'd do an arena battle and some final stats, I don't think I've used the characters long enough to need final stats, and I overwrote my Chapter 10 save by accident so I don't have enough characters to do an arena battle with! Maybe next patch...

To be honest, I'm kinda lukewarm on the Part 2 portraits as well. Some are good, but I think the Part 1 portraits are way better.

brb going to go die in a hole ;-;

Gid and Jared were made by Mew, and Spiky McBigHead belongs to Nickt, but all the others were made by me

I tried a lot more customing for the part 2 portraits, and that's probably why they look like ass. :<

I might be able to do a better job on them now that my spriting skills are maybe a little better?

Edited by Kon

Gid and Jared were made by Mew, and Spiky McBigHead belongs to Nickt, but all the others were made by me

I tried a lot more customing for the part 2 portraits, and that's probably why they look like ass. :<

I might be able to do a better job on them now that my spriting skills are maybe a little better?

Well actually, Gid and Jared are IMO worst ones, but I see them a lot so they tend to overshadow the others. The other ones like Ceri/Lycus are pretty great. Erin looks nice but is kinda plain(but that's okay, not every portrait needs to be super special). Kassia is okay too. Not sure what I think about the others.

HpEpg8l.png

Scars? So that wasn't stubble and instead... acne scars??!

Yeah, we're gonna make an entire rebellion back down and abandon our previous lives, and THAT'S all the help you're gonna give us? Dangit, I was kinda hoping that this WOULDN'T turn into a mystical quest story!

It would help if somewhere the narrator went on a tour of the continent that mentioned Janeba as, "that mystical country on the fringe that would have saved everybody's hind-quarters... but, y'know, magicks! Plus what kind of hack would this be if all you had to do was beg for mercy?" I mean, LP did this even if they didn't have a world map...

I think this would be more plausible to the player too if there was mention that the rebellion-remnant was being actively and consistently pulverized (as of this moment in the hack, even if the one fort that FemOswin...er... Philomena was commanding is gone and dead, the other fort is thus far still around). If the player knew Jared was being at least a little unrealistic/delirious (thanks to a handy narrator) than the mystical quest would be way more buyable... because "but there's only 10 of us left!" is a bloody good reason to go on a mystical quest... (I could totally see Gid saying that to Jared)

(Just putting my 2¢ in in hopes the authors of this hack see this... should probably put this over on their thread, huh? ^_^; )

I was just joking about the acne... ^_^; Honestly, with a portrait resolution of... 80 by 80 pixels(?), imagination takes over for a lot of things. In truth, I can't imagine acne being that big of a problem in a medieval sort of place, seeing as all the teens are running around with swords and axes (a great way to prevent pimples!) rather than sitting around playing video games.... oh wait. :P

Seriously, though, you did a fine job on the portraits (See Corrupt Theocracy for some ludicrous portrait-work).

Overall, I agree with TheMoniker, 'tis a fine hack indeed. I'm totally playing it.

Well actually, Gid and Jared are IMO worst ones, but I see them a lot so they tend to overshadow the others. The other ones like Ceri/Lycus are pretty great. Erin looks nice but is kinda plain(but that's okay, not every portrait needs to be super special). Kassia is okay too. Not sure what I think about the others.

Really? I thought Jared was one of the best mugs, although I know that Gid needs some work. I know that there are a lot of sprites that either need minor tweaking (like more detail in the hair or other small fixes) or major reconstruction (like Kassia's face DX and maybe Guntram for more badassery)

I was just joking about the acne... ^_^; Honestly, with a portrait resolution of... 80 by 80 pixels(?), imagination takes over for a lot of things. In truth, I can't imagine acne being that big of a problem in a medieval sort of place, seeing as all the teens are running around with swords and axes (a great way to prevent pimples!) rather than sitting around playing video games.... oh wait. :P

Seriously, though, you did a fine job on the portraits (See Corrupt Theocracy for some ludicrous portrait-work).

I knew you were joking about the acne, at least

I'm glad that at least not all of my sprites don't suck c:

And Corrupt Theocracy's sprites just hurt to look at.

Scars? So that wasn't stubble and instead... acne scars??!

That actually makes it way more interesting if it's true, but I still think it looks like stubble. Not that stubble is a BAD thing, but having a major secondary character walking around with an eternal need to shave... I don't know.

It would be hilarious if his character ending at the very end of the hack was "...and then he got a shave" though.

It would help if somewhere the narrator went on a tour of the continent that mentioned Janeba as, "that mystical country on the fringe that would have saved everybody's hind-quarters... but, y'know, magicks! Plus what kind of hack would this be if all you had to do was beg for mercy?" I mean, LP did this even if they didn't have a world map...

Yeah, once again, more exposition would really help this hack, like, A LOT.

I think this would be more plausible to the player too if there was mention that the rebellion-remnant was being actively and consistently pulverized (as of this moment in the hack, even if the one fort that FemOswin...er... Philomena was commanding is gone and dead, the other fort is thus far still around). If the player knew Jared was being at least a little unrealistic/delirious (thanks to a handy narrator) than the mystical quest would be way more buyable... because "but there's only 10 of us left!" is a bloody good reason to go on a mystical quest... (I could totally see Gid saying that to Jared)

Yeah. since very few rebel generics actually appear in-game, that would be a good way to do it. When you're kind of just disbanding a perfectly good rebel movement that still has a chance, it comes off as odd. If they only had a few other people left to tell to go home, then it would be way more plausible.

(Just putting my 2¢ in in hopes the authors of this hack see this... should probably put this over on their thread, huh? ^_^; )

What kind of hack maker wouldn't read a LP thread of their own hack

Unless they're putting all their time into making the next patch then it's okay

Overall, I agree with TheMoniker, 'tis a fine hack indeed. I'm totally playing it.

Indeed!

Responses in blue, since I saw someone else do it and I decided it was just good enough to steal.

And Corrupt Theocracy's sprites just hurt to look at.

Yeah, the only portrait work I've seen even comparable to that is the stuff in Decay of the Fangs(although the rest of the hack is definitely a tier above corrupt theocracy), which I might LP some day.