Voice Acting Wish List

The Geek

I know there's a similar thread in the SMTXFE section, but here we should discuss what voice actors/seiyuu we'd like to hear in Fire Emblem if.

Who would you like to see return? What new actors would you like to see?

Here's some I'm thinking for new voices:

English: Johnny Yong Bosch, Sean Schemmel, Hynden Walch, Tara Strong, Ian Sinclair.

Japanese: Tomokazu Seki, Ayako Kawasumi, Junichi Suwabe, Noriaki Sugiyama, Noriko Shitaya, Kana Ueda, Jouji Nakata.

EDIT: Guys, let's please keep this somewhat realistic. Keep this restricted to people who are already well known for doing voice acting in anime, cartoons, and video games. In other words, Morgan Freeman narration is not happening.

Edited by The Geek

David Vincent

Patrick Seitz

Johnny Yong Bosch

Yuri Lowenthal

Kate Higgins

Cristina Vee

Ian Sinclair

Laura Bailey

Travis Willingham

Matthew Mercer

Grant George

Doug Erholtz

Julie Ann Taylor

Lauren Landa

Gideon Emery

Nicole Balick

Karen Strassman

I could go on

maybe some Tetsuya Kakihara for the japanese version? idk

Edited by TheYukianesa

David Vincent

Patrick Seitz

Johnny Yong Bosch

Yuri Lowenthal

Kate Higgins

Cristina Vee

Ian Sinclair

Laura Bailey

Travis Willingham

Matthew Mercer

Grant George

Doug Erholtz

Julie Ann Taylor

Lauren Landa

Gideon Emery

Nicole Balick

Karen Strassman

I could go on

maybe some Tetsuya Kakihara for the japanese version? idk

Marry me.

Sean Schemmel

Chris Sabat

Kyle Hebert

Laura Bailey

Tara Strong

Bryce Pappenbrook

Bryan Cranston

Johnny Yong Bosch

And if they could work Rob Paulson in there somehow everyone would be happy!

I just want more Johnny Yong Bosch and Yuri Lowenthal teamed up together.

The rest of my list:

Vic Mignogna

Todd Haberkorn

Travis Willingham

Troy Baker (Everything needs his amazingness)

David Lodge (The voice of Jiraiya and Kenpachi Zaraki)

Laura Bailey

Matthew Mercer

Kirk Thornton

Edited by YoungXehanort

Tyler Perry voicing every character. Get on it Intelligent Systems!

In all seriousness, the only wish I have for the voice acting in If, since we know from the trailer there will at least be voice acting in the Japanese release, is that they better utilize the talent they have on hand and not limit most of the characters' spoken dialogue to quips, grunts or single phrases. This major mistake made Awakening more than a little irritating to play through with the VA on since they have some of the most talented voice actors in the industry wasted on a few sentences. I can understand not having, say, minor lines or support conversations receiving the voiced treatment, but its inclusion was one of the weakest aspects of Awakening's sound design, to the point where it made me wonder why they bothered to feature it to begin with.

To clarify: It's not a matter of "who" is voicing the characters for me personally so much as it is "how much" voice work we'll see. I doubt the amount of VA we received in Awakening was a matter of memory limitations since the largest size for a 3DS cartridge can hold up to 8GB of data and Fire Emblem: Awakening only took up a little over 1 GB.

Narrator (if there is one) - Morgan Freeman.

If they were to bring back overworld dialog I want Morgan Freeman

SQUWAK I'M A PARROT give me a saltine

David Hayter doing every other voice would be great.

Tyler Perry voicing every character. Get on it Intelligent Systems!

In all seriousness, the only wish I have for the voice acting in If, since we know from the trailer there will at least be voice acting in the Japanese release, is that they better utilize the talent they have on hand and not limit most of the characters' spoken dialogue to quips, grunts or single phrases. This major mistake made Awakening more than a little irritating to play through with the VA on since they have some of the most talented voice actors in the industry wasted on a few sentences. I can understand not having, say, minor lines or support conversations receiving the voiced treatment, but its inclusion was one of the weakest aspects of Awakening's sound design, to the point where it made me wonder why they bothered to feature it to begin with.

To clarify: It's not a matter of "who" is voicing the characters for me personally so much as it is "how much" voice work we'll see. I doubt the amount of VA we received in Awakening was a matter of memory limitations since the largest size for a 3DS cartridge can hold up to 8GB of data and Fire Emblem: Awakening only took up a little over 1 GB.

This. It was so bad that I didn't even know Awakening had big name voice actors until this thread.

Also, Morgan Freeman.

Ryota Osaka for Avatar and Haruka Tomatsu for Dancina, what can't be achieved in VVV I hope to fulfill it in the game.

Though at the very least I wish Haruka will voice one of the girls.

Edited by Awakener_

Kana Ueda

Yukana

Rina Satou

Miyuki Sawashiro

Atsuko Tanka

Rie Tanaka

Norio Wakamoto

Tetsu Inada

Takehito Koyasu

Akio Ohtsuka

I doubt they'll hire a lot of big names for this unless they're going all out, but I'll be happy if two or three of them are in it.

I actually don't need them to hire famous VAs, I'm completely fine as long as the voice-actings do not sound utterly terrible, annoying, or OOC. But I wish that we would get full voice-acting of all the dialogues (even if it's only for the main story and excluding supports, DLC and other extra stuffs).

Edited by Ryo