Your 5 Favorite Chapters

Moliblazer

So I was just wondering what are everybody`s favorite chapters across all games and why.

Here`s mine:

5-FE4 Chapter 2 - Disturbance in Augustria

This chapter is just really fun. You`ve got the best music in the series (IMO) backing you as you have to rush to save some villages and recruit some of my favorite characters. The only problem is that you`ve got to babysit a trio of knights along the way.

4-FE8 Chapter 15 - Scorched Sand

This is the long-awaited chapter where Eirika and Ephrain finally rejoin. Finally giving Valter and Caellach what they deserved was pretty awesome too.

3-FE4 Final Chapter - The Last Holy War

This chapter is the perfect culmination of everything in FE4. You fight many important bosses including many Holy Weapon users and Manfroy, who you want to kill for 3\4s of the game. The whole affair with Julia and the final battle are pretty enjoyable too.

2-FE10 Chapter 3-13 - Blood Pact

Probably the funest defence chapter in the whole series and the only high point in Micaiah`s tale. the enemies in this chapter are an actual threat, so you really have to use the map to your advantage and defend, unlike 90% of the defence chapters in the series. Watching 3-13 Archer kick ass was awesome too.

1-FE4 Chapter 5 - Doors of Destiny

Almost everything about this chapter is perfect in my eyes: from the beginning portion where you have to reach Sigurd`s dad before the enemies to the foreboding feeling the awesome music gives you. Not to mention all the heartbreaking moments that happen and the fun that can be had fighting Reptor`s army with your overpowered units.

Edited by AsukaDrag

GOD TIER MAP, 1ST PLACE IS TOO LOW: FE6 C16, DOUGLAS JOINS AND THERE ARE MANY GENERIC WALL TILES TO BE BROKEN DOWN BY HIM FOR MORE GOABLE DISTANCE

1st FE12 C21 - Wyverns' Dale

2nd FE6 C21 - The Binding Blade

3rd FE11 C21 - Clash in Macedon

This isn't a joke, I sort of like large maps that are tough if you play quickly. They all have awesome background music (and 2 of them introduce the awesome bgm).

4th FE12 C22 - Dragon's Altar

5th FE12 C23 - Dark Pontifex Lives

Why do I like those the most? No clue, but I like how they have some strong initial enemies and then force you to seize quickly by bringing nigh-unbeatable (on loony at least) reinforcements.

Edited by Gradivus.

5 - "Return of the Prince". Chapter 15, FE12. Once again, I love the turn the story takes. Time for Marth to fuck shit up. And the music <3

4 - "Crimea Marches". Chapter 18, FE9. The first map after Ike gets promoted. Dat new theme. Dat Tanith. Dat everything. It was a significant turn in the story and you could feel the change in atmosphere.

3 - "Light and Dark". Chapter 10, FE4. How can you not love this map? Everything about it is :wub:

2 - "Light Inheritors". Chapter 6, FE4. The music and timing was impeccable. After the C5 tragedy we see the kids and it's awesome. The game had an entirely different feel to it as well.

1 - "The Final Holy War". Epilogue, FE4. Everything about this map drives me mad with love. The music, the atmosphere, the bosses, the chapter title

These are the 5 that came to mind.

5) Final Chapter The Last Holy War (FE4)

Big armies, clashing families, ancient bloodlines that originally fought to protect the continent now feuding against each other and murdering family members over a power struggle and an epic conclusion to a grand tale... Tragic but awesome.

4) Chapter 13 The Wooden Cavalry (FE11)

An entire chapter of mostly Ballisticians, awesome new music, great character development for Marth and extremely fun and challenging to play on any mode below H5.

3) Chapter 14 Open Fire (FE5)

An epic defence level with loads of side objectives, cool items to acquire and Betty fun to play.

2) Chapter 20 Dark Emperor Hardin (FE12)

Hardin ;_;

Anyway, a better version of the same map from FE11 due to better enemy placement and variety.

1) Final Chapter Light and Shadow (FE12)

An epic map with kamikaze Earth Dragons, endless dragon reinforcements, 4 characters to save and my favourite final boss in the series due to a variety of factors.

Honourable Mentions:

Chapter 21 The Binding Blade (FE6)

Chapter 10 Light and Dark (FE4)

Chapter 6 Light Inheritors (FE4)

Chapter 15 Scorched Sands (FE8)

Chapter 11 Phantom Ship (FE8)

Chapter 14 Father and Son (FE8)

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

- Cog of Destiny is just a fun brawl

- FE6 Reverse Cog of Destiny. I like boring map in general

- FE12 Dragons Shrine. Its kind of like a race against time for the previous staff loot, while having to deal with dragons

- Thracia FInal Chapter. Kinda like the multi squad approach to the boss rush. IIRC boss rush chapter is usually the bosses vs your entire army at once

- Penultimate chapter of FE4. Kinda like the plot of the chapter but mostly because Leaf can make a joke out of the chapter its kinda hilarious

5. FE8 Chapter 11 (Ephraim): Phantom Ship - Fog of War and BOATS. I've said enough. It's genuinely fun imo.

4. FE7 Endgame: Light - Tons of bosses and automatic doors make this map fun. You have to hurry to beating each boss, or else you get overwhelmed. I find that this keeps pressure high and makes the map more enjoyable.

3. FE6 Chapter 22: The Neverending Dream - I like the overall atmosphere of this map. You're about to fight the guy who started all this, and he's set his share of traps on your way to the switches. It's quite fun.

2. FE7 Chapter 26x: Night of Farewells - I'm a sucker for maps with disappearing floors, and I love all the feels of this chapter. Plus it's great to FINALLY kick Sonia's butt.

1. FE6 Chapter 14x: The Infernal Element - I think the reason I am so fond of 14x is how hard it is to get. I feel like I've actually been rewareded for all the blood, sweat and tears that go into Chapter 14. Plus, more disappeaing floors!

1. FE4 - The Last Holy War - Everything culminating to this, Seliph finally putting an end to the evil plot of Julius and Manfloy.

2. FE4 - Doors of Destiny - The end of Sigurd's tale, leading to the greatest plot twist in the series. The music gives the perfect finale feel.

3. FE7 - Battle Before Dawn - The whole scenario which involves saving Nino, Jaffar and Zephiel from the assassins was exciting, especially since this was a fog of war chapter.

4. FE6 - The Binding Blade/The Sealed Sword - Mostly the music, and battling Murdock.

5. FE7 - Night of Farewells - Getting revenge on Sonia was satisfying. Also, the disappearing pathways was kind of neat.

Edited by DragonLord

5. Path of Radiance - Ch11: "Blood Runs Red"
"Did you truly think to challenge me with this pathetic band? It appears you never learned to exercise discretion… No matter…you would not have survived regardless."

A very fun map. There are lots of things to keep track of and plan for. Recruiting Zihark, stopping the Thieves and catching the rewards, sparing the militia... and of course the arrival of a special guest.
This map is the first time that you get to see the real Black Knight. Cutscenes are on thing but seeing him on the field hutning your party is quite another story. Also, while his appearance is cheap, I just can't deny the impression he left on me when he showed up to kill Ike before I could even act. His presence on the field, the music, the boss conversation, the special death quote. Best... Cheap...Kill...Ever! That's basically when the Black Knight challenged me personal.
I also really like the actual boss of the chapter, Mackoya. A rare case of a post-Thracia boss who is not a cartoonishly evil douchebag but also avoids being a token good villain. And he is strong too. It's too bad he has to take over Norris douchebag duties if you let him live.
Storywise, there is a lot going on here. The most important thing is of course that Ike and the player finally get confronted with the strife between the Beorc and the Laguz fullforce, an experience which almost cost Ike the life of one of his friends and will shape his attitude on the matter for the rest of the game. But there is a lot going on here all over the place: The Prime Minster of Begnion, a Daein spy, the political situation in Gallia, Soren's worries, an invasion of Gallia... As Nasir's sets sail into the horizon, the player is most definitely just as uncertain about the future as the group is. Well, that dramatic line would admittedly have worked better if there was an actual scene with Nasir's ship moving towards the horizon but whatever.

4. Geneology of the Holy War - Ch4: "Dance in the Skies"
“Levin, please remember the Wind Crusader flows like a cool breeze guiding all living beings to the path of peace. His way is never to be confused with violence.”

Not much to say about the map itself. This is a FE4 map, after all. Everything I have to say about the map ties into the scenario one way or another.
We learn that Prince Kurth's missing daughter reappeared and is in a relationship with Alvis. This will show the player just how bad the situation is, yet Sigurd is completely clueless. He has absolutely no idea what he is up against. Everyone else is also rather down and confused about the whole situation and most players will probably join them once they learn that the Lenster group leaves as well.
Poor Levin probably would never have guessed that joining up with Sigurd's army in Augustria would lead to him arriving back in the home that he abandoned. And as these things go, he returned back just in time to earn the fruits of his negligence... and they are quite bitter indeed.

I also liked Mahnya's battle. For starters, I think that the whole thing happened in gameplay allows these kind of things to leave a far larger expression. It just feels more legit that way.
But what I think really sells this scene is that Mahnya has a personal relationship with Pamela. It's a battle between two even rivals, a clash of skill and and conviction... and the Jungby army just walks right over all that. I mean, this little bits of characterization and relationships for side characters like Mahnya, these small details that are completely irrelevant to the main plot go a long way to make the world appear large, that our heroes aren't really the center of the universe but are merely a very small part of it. And it's just so damn brutal to see Mahnya's fate getting completely and utterly consumed by the sheer mass of it all.

3. Path of Radiance - Ch13: "A Guiding Wind"
"Those humans take themselves far too seriously. It's almost as though being obstinate is a way of life to them. They let their foolish pride stand in the way, and what do they get in
the end? A swift and stupid death."

Ship battle. Yes, that's all I will say about this one. I just love that kind of thing. I guess Tear Ring Saga had better ship maps as this one but those ships look really awesome in 3D. They are just so freaking huge and you see the water moving and all. It's just really sweet. And I love the Trial map version of that map too since it's one of the few were you can really mess around. I also always love to team up with NPCs.

2. Thracia 776 - Ch14 - "Open Fire"
"I was never in favor of the attack on Tahra. My hesitation has led to many soldiers to their deaths. …It’s my responsibility. Laugh at me, Baldack. Laugh at this old coward.”

A really cool map. Enemy forces from all sides, with ballista already threatening Tara past the city's walls and the Thracian army hasn't even shown up yet. The main objective isn't all that hard but thankfully there are plenty of side objectives to keep things interesting. And this being Thracia, there are always enemies to capture anyway. The boss is also very cool, being a prime example of the kind of antagonists you usually face in Thracia. Too bad the scenario itself isn't all that important in regards to the story, considering that we loose and the defeat that actually has an impact happens in Lenster. Still, this map is an highlight.

1. Radiant Dawn - "Elincia's Gambit"
"The day is upon us… A day that will stand proudly in the history of Crimea. Today, a weak queen falls…and a new king prevails!"

An epic conclusion to this awesome little story that is Part 2 of Radiant Dawn.

Lucia played out all her cards, so it's Elincia's turn to bring this bloody civil war to an end. As an sheer endless stream of rebels invades the castle, she prepares to face this final battle. On her side are not just soldiers, knights and civilians from Crimea but also loyal allies from Kilvas, Serenes and Gallia. They are all willing to face death because they believe that she is a queen who is worth fighting for. And since Ludgren has not played out all of his cards just yet, the outcome of this battle will depend on whether or not she will prove herself worthy of their loyalty and faith.
Great writing even in the abridged script that we good, an awesome scenario, powerful music and an all around fun map,... what's not to love?
Well, since the team is basically completely set, it's difficult to keep things varied on repeated playthroughs. Still, Ludveck is just such a smug jackass, that it's always fun to come back to crush his little ambitions.

Runner-ups:

Thracia - Chapter 4: The Dungeon
Thracia - Chapter 5: Mother and Child
Thracia - Chapter 10: Noel Canyon
Thracia - Chapter 20: The Child of Light
Sacred Stones - Chapter 16: Rules by Madness
Sacred Stones - Final: The Sacred Stones
TearRing Saga - Map 8: Sacred Dragon Neuron
TearRing Saga - Map 36: Streets of Love and Sadness

Path of Radiance - Chapter 8: Despair and Hope
Path of Radiance - Chapter 17: Day Breaks
Radiant Dawn - Chapter 2-P: On drifting Clouds
Radiant Dawn - Chapter 3-3: Rivers Crossing
Radiant Dawn - Chapter 4-P: Rebirth
Shadow Dragon - Chapter 17: Star and Savior
Shadow Dragon - Final: Chosen by Fate
Awakening - Chapter 13: Of Sacred Blood

Edited by BrightBow

In no particular order:

Chapter 24 in Awakening. It's the climactic moment where your army goes to see Naga on Mount Prism to forge the Falchion with the power to slay Grima, and the map itself is freaking beautiful, especially with the rainbow in the background.

Chapter 3 in Genealogy. There's a lot of plot tension, you recruit the final members of your first gen army, and the music is the best in FE4 IMO.

Chapter 10 (Eirika) in the Sacred Stones. You recruit some of my favorite units in FE8 there, and there's lots of plot tension. Plus there's an arena, but you can't abuse due to a lack of shop, which means you have until your healer's staff runs out.

Chapter 1 of FE11. You've beat the Prologue and Marth's journey is finally starting, and is pretty iconic, since it's the first map in the entire series.

The final chapter of FE7. You get to refight all the major bosses in the game as your journey comes to its climactic end.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 20 in FE11

Chapter 23 in FE13

Chapter 17 in FE8

Chapter 30/32 in FE7

Chapter 19 in FE8

Those are the first that come to mind. I would probably have some from the Jugdral series, but unfortunately I have never played those games.

FE4 - Chapter 3

Insane amounts of Drama, best music, very cool map that spreads around in different directions.

FE5 - Chapter 4

You start with like no equipment, have to pick up the chests and open the doors to get your party started. Very daunting, especially when you play it for the first time but a very fun challenge.

FE6 - Chapter 14

FE6 has a lot of great maps imo and it was hard to decide which one I'd include but ultimately decided to go with this one, even though a lot of people probably dislike it. I like the challenge of a desert map and I like the challenge of a FoW map. I absolutely love the combination of both. Honorable mentions go to Ch. 11 Lalum route and Ch. 13. FE6 rocks.

FE7 - Chapter 28

Night of Farewells is a speedrunners/LTC nightmare but I still like it a lot. 2 bosses, 3 NPCs, one of them recruitable, lots of stuff to loot and steal, FoW ... this chapter has just about everything and story-wise it's the beginning of the game's climax.

FE4 - Final Chapter

Everything falls together in this chapter. It's just a monumental clash of armies. And you can berserk that Hel Mage!

These are in no particular order

5. FE6 - Chapter 14: Arcadia

I know what you're thinking, "What? A desert map WITH Fog of War? No way.", and I'd have to agree with you to an extent. That's why I like it though. You're put in an undesirable map, and you have to get your self out of it. I also think people make too much of a fuss about this map, you even get a Valkyrie in this map for crying out loud.

4. FE10 - Part 1 - Endgame: Daen, Arise!

As is the the case with the majority of the FE10 players, I much preferred the character of Micaiah over Tyke, I mean Ike. This is true even of her chapters, and my favourite by far is her endgame. I am personally a very big fan of constricting maps, if you haven't already guessed, and I like the corridor design this map is going for. Sure, there's a lot of characters you have to protect, and it's kind of annoying, but shit man. I'm just trying to be different.

3. FE13 - Chapter 20: The Sword of the Knee

This is another chapter with restricting map design! It's n ot as bad as other maps in the series, but it's still there nonetheless. Whilst for the most part I thought 23 had pretty lousy map design, there were a few exceptions.(The other big example being Chapter 10) This is also the chapter where 13 gets it's shit together, and gives you multiple bosses to fight. They're all VERY different bosses, and it gives an interesting dynamic, unlike other chapters where all the bosses are barbarians or something. And I guess Walhart is pretty cool. Kinda, Okay, yeah, he's pretty cool.

2. FE6 - Chapter 22: The Neverending Dream

Oh, this chapter. Before I go on any further, I may be *slightly* influenced by Eckesachs' animations, but his chapter is also just incredibly fun. You also get to use the Sword of Seals, probably my favourite weapon in the entire series too. While this is hardly original, I also enjoy the way your army is split into two halves for the map. Ho rah, for asymmetrical map design! I also really like the center room design too, and the items in the chests aren't half bad either. Especially since you get a Wyrmslayer.

1. FE5 - Chapter 17A: Leonster's Gate

Am I the only one who likes this map? For some reason I've always found this map really cool, perhaps it's because you get Misha and Sara, among my favourite characters in FE5, or maybe it's because Misha is a BOSS. Yeah, everyone talks about how obtaining Jaffar in FE7 is cool because he's a somewhat major enemy, but in that game, he's just a regular enemy, and, in my opinion, get plenty of foreshadowing saying that he'll join you. Misha, IIRC, hasn't got anything of the sort, especially since you have to literally KIDNAP her to use her. I also really like the map design, despite my previous entries having *restrictive" map design, this map is far more open, and I enjoy the way the castle is tucked up nice and tight in the top right hand corner.

Honourable Mentions

FE4 - Chapter 6: Light Inheritors

FE7 - Endgame: Light

FE7 - Chapter 19xx: A Glimpse in Time

FE8 - Chapter 18: Two Faces of Evil

FE4 - Chapter 2: Disturbance in Agustria

FE11 - Chapter 24x: The Alterspire

FE5 - Chapter 9 : The Emblem of Noba

In no particular order:

Chapter 24 (FE13) - Yay for actually getting to see Naga for once. The map being beautiful is just a bonus.

Chapter 26 (FE9) - I can't help but love the map theme for the last few chapters in PoR.

Chapter 27E/29H (FE7) - Again with the awesome map themes for the game's climax chapters.

Chapter 3-E (FE10) - A big battle, with it stopping to show you how stuff's getting even more serious as it goes on. And Naesala being browbeaten into assisting Sanaki.

Chapter 18 (FE9) - Can't think of why I like this map, but I just do.

5. FE8 - Chapter 17: River of Regrets - the map felt a lot bigger than it was, which is usually good. cool vibe, lots to do

4. FE6 - Chapter 12: The True Enemy - love the shape. running a gauntlet to fight a manakete felt like a Big Deal the first time

3. FE13 - Chapter 20: The Sword or the Knee - regal-looking AF, and fighting the top 3 valmese in the same chapter was a nice touch

2. FE7 - Chapter 29 (HHM Lloyd): Cog of Destiny - great in every mode, but i prefer HHM for the veritable sea of strong magic users

1. FE13 - Chapter 22: An Ill Presage - chaos (ablaze) is the best battle song + windy desert with strong enemies. most Important-feeling chapter.

Edited by Pink Dijon

1. FEA final chapter. The music...

2. FE7 The final battle against the dragon

3. FE7 Where you meet Vaida for the first time. She's like sitting on her wyvern on top of some mountains, her skills boosted.

4. FE8 Final chapter against Demon King.

5. It might not be a chapter but I enjoy playing through the Tower of Valni and the Lagdou Ruins.

Spoilers for FE4

In no particular order:

FE5 Chapter 4:

This is easily one of my favorites in the series. It's such a simple design with its square shape and four exits where enemies come from. Having to escape and grab your weapons, not knowing what you're going to exactly get really adds to the freshness of this chapter. It's different every time in that sense because you might get different things in a different order. Also, it's nice that you use dismounted units here, really spices it up for me. The music for this map really adds to the theme of the map in my eyes also. The ending is very nice too, because it shows us that the middle of the map is actually a big dark meeting room where the villains have a chat. Very nice map, I love it to bits!

FE4 Chapter 1:

Very fun chapter, mainly because I enjoy the song for this map. Though it's also a great map in general. You get to know Eltosian a bit better at the beginning, but then you go on with your crusade against the Verdanian forces! The forest in the middle is a great 3/4's point in the map, giving a good jump in difficulty while trying to recruit Jamka safely. Speaking of recruiting units safely, Aira is a fun one to get. You've got to maneuver around the castle in order to get her to reliably not attack anyone before it is seized. It's not too hard to do, however it is a good fun time recruiting these characters. Also, it's fairly fun to get that Hero axe for Lex.

FE4 Chapter 2:

Now this is also a sweet one, great music lies here as well! This is the first strike against Agustria and the first time you meet Sylvia, Levin, Beowulf, Lachesis and I believe Holyn. Great map design with separating your main forces from Levin and Sylvia while they save the villages. First time you get Fury also IIRC, she's great to have for taking out the balistamen. That is, if she isn't shot down in the process.

FE4 Chapter 4:

Look, I reaaaaaaalllly like FE4 ok? Haha! Anyways, this map is sick! I love that the sprites are unique for this map because it's of course a snow level. The sprites for fighting in the rivers are especially awesome, gotta love that frigid river landscape ah man it's gorgeous! Wish that particular backdrop was used more often. And oh yes you get Holsety in this chapter! So op! The power! Ah man it's awesome to see Levin really grow as a character in this map too as his brothers are offed one by one. Also the fall of the Silesian Pegasus knights was such a dramatic moment that you were forced to simply watch. Ah so brutal! Damn FE4 is freaking good.

FE10 Chapter 3-5:

I am a big fan of defense chapters, and I consider this one the best one in the series. It's great to set your units up and watch them take down hordes of dudes coming at them. It really helps that there is the height system in RD, that really makes defense chapters much more fun for me in this game when compared to others in the series. Great times to be had here that is for sure! It's also nice that you have the option to go on the offensive in this chapter and take on the boss if you're capable of doing so.

Edited by DomesticHausCat

I don't tend to pick favorites but still, I'll list five that stick out in my mind, just to give an impression of how popular these maps are as a lot of others seem to be picking them. In no particular order.

FE4: Ch4 Door to Destiny: The atmosphere, the evolving story as you progress, the face off against the villains of the first half, the inevitable death of the lord's father and, of course, the plot twist.

FE5: Ch6 Escape from Manster (though if I could, I'f pick the entirety of Manster). The previous map, Mother and Child, really set the tone for the game and was a beautiful blend of gameplay and story. However it kind of peters out after those first few turns. That's because it leads into this. The escape maps to define escape maps. Powerful enemies, everyone scrambling to escape, finally being able to use mounts again. Choke points, ferrying unis over walls. Tring to recruit Hicks and get the other rewards. And then, near the end, Galzus turns up and the music let's you know this guy will murder anyone he looks at. It's a desperate scramble to get everyone out alive and like most of Thracia, it isn't easy.

FE6: Ch21 The Sword of Seals: A big map. Tons of enemies. A boss harder than any one proceeding it. A second boss who you want to recruit but can't. Getting two new Holy Weapons from the get go. Did I mention the enemies? Because you fight a genuine armed force, both high leveled and low level mooks that eventually overwhelmed. Also the secret shop that lets you turn your units into gods and, probably most important of all, a turn limit ensuring you get through the large map fast and effective. The only way it could be better is if Roy promoted at the end instead of after the Gaiden.

FE10: 3-13: Just a genuine great defense map and the cools from being able to face the Greil Mercenaries in battle. Objectively I might say Elincia's Gamble is a better map but this is really one that stuck out for me on my first (and second) playthrough.

FE10:3-E: Best final boss in the series. Just a good smart way to make a long lasting, but not tedious and still challenging final boss fight. Something the series commonly fails at (though in several cases the final levels are still quite good, this one just sticks out to me by how well the boss itself is presented).

Edited by Jotari