What game have you spent the most money on?

Sentacotus

Whether its a collector's edition, used, special edition or limited release. What game have you spent the most money on? For me it would have to be my newly acquired physical copy of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance with the disc and manual included I paid about $90 for a complete used (but pristine) copy of the game.

I think I dropped 95 bucks on Lufia II a few years back, nothing else comes to mind that was near that price

It's a good thing I got Earthbound before it became expensive.

Edited by General Horace

If it's only for single games, the prize would go to Awakening. Hubby and I bought the special 3DSXL bundle with the game pre-installed (€220 or so?), and then I've bought a bunch of DLC, too.

If we're looking at game series as a whole, it would have to be the Lunar series. I bought Lunar 2: Eternal Blue COMPLETE brand new with the hardcover strategy guide, and then I had to pay out the ass to find a sealed copy of Silver Star Story COMPLETE. Later I bought the GBA SSS remake, and then got a Sega Saturn/CD combo with both of the original Sega CD games. So, a few hundred dollars all said and done, with most of it spent on the older games since they were harder to find, though even the new EB that started it all was $60.

I was going to say 55 dollars on Dragon Quest 7 PS1 but if DLC counts... Yeah, Awakening.

Wait, does having two physical copies count as spending on one game? I just thought of that.

Now that I think of it, I have 4 copies of Ocarina of Time. .-.

Smash since I got the game, the Wii U Pro controller for it, and some Amiibos. :P

But also Awakening since I got the 3DS bundle as well as a physical copy of the game. And a little DLC.

I'm not sure I think I would have to say Hyrule Warriors if you count DLC because it is the only game where I have actually bought all the DLC. Awakening's DLC is a bit too pricey for me, I have only bought one of the packs for it and I will probably not buy any more unless they drop the price.

I think I dropped 95 bucks on Lufia II a few years back, nothing else comes to mind that was near that price

It's a good thing I got Earthbound before it became expensive.

How much did you get that for?

Tbh I don't think I've spent over $50 on a single game.

smash since i bought the game and a wii u for that, and still need to get an adaptor for it (not getting the mayflash). edit: so around $300-350

Edited by Comet

If "donations" count, that'd be Path of Exile. Which is funny when you consider it's really a free game, where extra stash tabs are the only real quality of life microtransations available, guilds aside

Otherwise, Sen no Kiseki 2 - taxes and stuff made it cost me ~155 USD, by current rates. And that's with cheap shipping, a week after the game was released... never again.

Bayonetta 2 is probably the game I've spent most. I bought it through Amazon because I thought it wouldn't come to Colombia (which, in fact, it did after a couple of weeks after its release).

I got it near its release for like 110 dollars with shipping and taxes, but I think it was worth it because it's totally awesome.

I bought Smash U for my family and that came to around £40. I generally don't buy games for full retail price, let alone any sort of special edition.

How much did you get that for?

Tbh I don't think I've spent over $50 on a single game.

i got it at a yard sale witth 2-3 other games i didn't care about for 20 bucks. That being said, that was still like, 7? years ago so the prices werent as ridiculous.

Single game? Awakening, because crapton of DLC.

Series? Kiseki. $80 for Sen and another $80 for Sen II. $45 for Zero Evo. $70 for Ao Evo. $10 for Trails in the Sky FC GOG version (it was 50% off). A 33% off copy of Trails in the Sky FC Steam version. And a full-priced Trails in the Sky FC PSN version. I also technically bought a PS Vita with Kiseki primarily in mind, but I don't know if that counts.

But yeah. I spent way more than I should have.

But I'll be spending more with Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution and Trails in the Sky SC.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Pretty sure it was the zelda collector's edition for GCN (Majora's Mask, OoT, LoZ and AoL plus a windwaker demo). I think I might've paid at least $60-$70 for it...I hadn't played OoT all the way through before, and I had only played the prologue of MM, so IMO it was pretty much worth it.

Edited by Severlan

You mean the TCG? In that case I guess I'd change mine to Pokemon cards as a kid lol.

TCG yes. More expensive than any video game.

Unless it's like that one NES game.