Does this game have a ranking system?

I've heard that it does, but I can barely find any information about it. Unless I've overlooked something, there aren't any ranking tables on the Serenes FE12 page like there are for FE4, 5, 6, and 7.

So what's the deal? What, if any, criteria are tracked? Are the rankings restrictive, or loose? Are there detailed tables out there?

it does have a ranking system, but it's really forgiving actually. Speed IIRC measures in how many turns were taken, but I recall doing a like, 450 turns run, which is very slow if one cares about getting ranks, and still got A Speed. Survival is measured in how many units survived, regardless of units that were not recruited. I don't remember what Tactics exactly is about, but it's most probably some combination of recruitment and exp distribution.

A-ranking Lunatic Reverse means as much as just beating Loony Reverse with full recruitment and no deaths, unless you do like, a 123-turn of chapter 20 (which really happened on one of my lazy casual H4 playthroughs) by choking up the reinforcements using a General (and similar things on other chapters where it's possible, like C6, 8, 15 and 16), in which case you might potentially fail the A rank Speed and get B instead.. Lunatic Reverse still is challenging and you should do it regardless. Ranks don't add much upon this challenge though.

Edited by Gradivus.