Fire Emblem: Awakening SpotPass only playlog

Hi, everyone! This is a playthrough I thought up while suffering from insomnia last night. Basically, I am ONLY allowed to use SpotPass Bonus Box characters*. As some may know, these units CAN NOT support with any unit, but they are essentially Avatars in that they can reclass into any class not excluded by gender. If this sounds interesting to you, read on! If not, do as you will. I can't force you. Just please no hate comments or anything stupid.

So, without further ado....

The Rules:

1) I may only use SpotPass bonus box characters. Those characters must be acquired according to the units I recruit. For example, when I acquire Virion, I must then get an Archer. If it is a Prepromote (Fredrick) I may recruit a unit that PROMOTES INTO that class (A Knight or Cavalier in Freddy's case.)

*Exceptions:

- I may use Chrom, Female MU (Janet, a play on my screen name, Joth) and their offspring (Morgan and Lucina) so that Janet has enough "invisible ties" to not die at the end and crush our hearts :,(

- If the unit's class is either entirely unavailable to me (Like Tanguels) or not available for a long time (Manaketes) I may substitute that unit for a future non-SpotPass unit (Like Donnel) or another Spot Pass unit that I am in need of.

2) I may reclass the units as I see for for skills, BUT they must end the game as a promoted version of their base class. No exceptions.

Yes, there are only two rules. I don't like rules.

Goals for Normal Units:

Chrom: Support/Offensive Great Lord

-Aether

-RK

-DS+

-DG+

-Aegis

Janet is going to be used more than Chrom most likely, so I made him mainly support.

Janet (+Res -Str): Offensive Sorceress

-Armsthrift

-Hit+20

-Lifetaker

-Tomebreaker

-Galeforce

Pretty self-explanitory. Hit+20 because hit for Dark Magic sucks. I'll be mainly using Forged Ruin, Mire, and to a lesser extent Nosferatu and Thoron. I need to hit hard, because Sorcerers aren't too fast.

Morgan M: Defensive Sorcerer

-Armsthrift

-RK

-Vantage

-Pavise?

-Aegis?/Galeforce

A defensive Sorcerer doesn't care too much about Galeforce, but it's always nice to inherit just in case. Pretty standard, Nostank and Miresnipe all day.

Lucy: Offensive GL

-Aether

-RK

-Lifetaker

-Tomebreaker/Ignis

Ignis might be good since she will probably build up some good Mag as a Dark Knight and some as Grandmaster should she decide to grab it, Tomebreaker otherwise.

Reader Involvement:

If I need advice on any aspect of the game, or can't decide which SpotPass character to snag, I'll open it up to you and take any well thought-out contribution you make into consideration. I need you to keep this thread alive!

That's all I'm gonna put in this post, because it's just far too long and I don't know how to do Spoilers. I'll update as soon as I get to where I can actually use Wireless, and slowly pick away at a few of the replacement characters (Fredstomping, ahoy!)

Sorry again for the freaking WALL O' TEXT!

~Joth

Edited by JothTheConqueror

no playthrough complete without marth

Female MU (Janet, a play on my screen name, Joth)

"Janet" is a dutch/flemish slang for "queer" by the way, literally translated

just wanted you to know that because it kind of had me chuckling

Edited by TheYukianesa

no playthrough complete without marth

"Janet" is a dutch/flemish slang for "queer" by the way, literally translated

just wanted you to know that because it kind of had me chuckling

Hahaha! I never knew that. I always welcome new forms of profanity!

Yeah, I'll probably recruit one of the Marths (Probably King Marth) for End Game purposes, in place of someone else. Maybe Say'ri or something. Good to know somebody is reading my posts, though!

So I beat the Prolouge through Chap. 3 using Chrom and Janet as much as I could. I took out all of the bosses with them alone. I pretty much soloed Chapter 3 with Janet, and I have a Lv. 7 Chrom and a Lv. 9 Janet. RNG is showing signs of early hatred as Chrom's Defense has outstripped his Strength by two points (9 vs 11). I'll go more in-depth when I get some SpotPass characters, sorry for the vagueness, but I don't think you wanted to be treated to "1001 great kills by Chrom and Janet".

And so the first question arises: Who to replace Virion? Norne, Wolt, or Leonardo? I've never played any of the games they are in, so I know nothing about them and hold no bias. I will take all responses into consideration and make my choice form there.

Oh, and I've run into a slight predicament: there are no SpotPass Caveliers to replace Sully and Stahl. They have no levels on them at all. I have two ideas, and I'll open this up to the community as well.

1) Snag some weak SpotPass characters and reclass them and risk the growths

2) Keep Sully and Stahl and deal with their underleveledness

Also, (I promise this is the last also) if anybody knows of a reliable site that has SpotPass character growth rates, it would be greatly appreciated!

Get Leonardo because his name sounds better. I haven't played the game they're from either so I'm just gong by name.

As for Sully and Stahl I say the first choice.

Yeah, I was thinking Leonardo for the same reason! I think that I'll use the Hammer I got from Ch. 3 and slaughter a few Knights to turn into Cavaliers. I might check out the skills of the Archers because some of them have SWEET skills (Jaffar has Galeforce, for example!).

First things first: difficulty?

You can use Spoiler tags with

and

, except with the order reversed.

If you don't care too much what level your Archer comes at, Genealogy G1 -> Jamka/Jamke/whatever his name was localized to has Galeforce as well, which is pretty great for Bow locked units. Wolt, however, is the cheapest unit in the game, which may be of use to you.

Nobody knows the growths in this game for sure, but the Spotpass characters all have identical growths to an Avatar that would share their asset/flaw and class, so it's not like there's going to be any one that outstrips the rest or anything.

1. How are you even getting these characters anyway? Money? Or battle?

2. If you are using money, how are you getting it? Golden Gaffe?

3. What happens if you don't have enough space for all the Spotpass Characters?

Genealogy G1 -> Jamka/Jamke/whatever
It's Jamke

5. Do you plan to use any paralogues? Or main story only?

6. Are you allowed to do stuff with streetpassed people?

7. May you use the avatar logbook?

8. To renown or not to renown? (Renown awards)

9. Can you use Bonus Box items?

10. Can you use auto-battle?

11. Can you use DLC?

12. Can you buy items from streetpass teams?

13. Can you hack in items?( Probably not. XD)

First things first: difficulty?

You can use Spoiler tags with

and

, except with the order reversed.

If you don't care too much what level your Archer comes at, Genealogy G1 -> Jamka/Jamke/whatever his name was localized to has Galeforce as well, which is pretty great for Bow locked units. Wolt, however, is the cheapest unit in the game, which may be of use to you.

Nobody knows the growths in this game for sure, but the Spotpass characters all have identical growths to an Avatar that would share their asset/flaw and class, so it's not like there's going to be any one that outstrips the rest or anything.

I'm playing on Hard, sorry. I've only been playing Fire Emblem for six months or so, so I don't think I'm quite ready for Lunatic.

Hey thanks! I'm not quite ready to grab Janke yet, I tried but lost Chrom twice. I'll get him once my characters toughen up a bit.

Ok, so a Knight for example, would be like an Avatar with a Defense asset? Sweet! Good to know.

1. How are you even getting these characters anyway? Money? Or battle?

2. If you are using money, how are you getting it? Golden Gaffe?

3. What happens if you don't have enough space for all the Spotpass Characters?

4. It's Jamke

5. Do you plan to use any paralogues? Or main story only?

6. Are you allowed to do stuff with streetpassed people?

7. May you use the avatar logbook?

8. To renown or not to renown? (Renown awards)

9. Can you use Bonus Box items?

10. Can you use auto-battle?

11. Can you use DLC?

12. Can you buy items from streetpass teams?

13. Can you hack in items?( Probably not. XD)

1) Battle (unless I happen to have some cash paying about)

2) I don't have any DLCs, so Risen Battles if at all

3) Delete any that have fallen behind

4) Thanks for clarifying

5) Only Morgan's and Donny's (I'm replacing Panne with Donny)

6) I'm probably not going to

7) No.

8) Probably, since I'll be getting a crapload of Renown

9) May as well.

10) I never use that at all

11) See #2

12) I have access to any and all shops, StreetPass or otherwise

13) No

Okay, so after getting my BUTT KICKED by Jamke a few times (A for persistance?!?) I decided to leave well enough alone for now and target another character to replace: Lissa. My options are:

-Serra (FE7) Healtoutch-Miracle-Luck+4

-Moulder (FE8) Healtoutch-Miracle-HP+5

And for Vaike... There are no Fighters. Who should I recruit?

Kellam can be replaced by

-Amelia (FE8) Def+2-Lck+4 VERY low Str for Lv.7 (9, lower than Lv. 5 Kellam), but rediculous Lck (12+4)

-Arden (FE4 G1) Def+2-Indoor Fighter-Vantage Super high Str and Def, but LOW everything else (Barring HP)

-Brom (FE10) Def+2-Indoor Fighter-Underdog-High stats all around. Too high of a level, though.

-Nephnee (FE10) Def+2-Indoor Fighter-Wrath- Very high stats, WAY out of my current leauge.

And Sumia...

-Florina (FE7) Spd+2-Deliverer

-Clair (FE2) Spd+2-Slow Burn

-Fee (FE4 G1) Spd+2-Tantivity

And some high leveled ones that I would get STOMPED by. Florina is the lowest leveled with worst stats, so I think I'll go with Cadea (Sorry, not listed, decided that on the spot!) because she seems Fredstompable.

Ok, so a Knight for example, would be like an Avatar with a Defense asset? Sweet! Good to know.

It'll be like an Avatar with the same asset/flaw as that unit and in the Knight class. Look here and scroll down to the Spotpass characters if you want to see what I mean. So for example Caeda is a +Spd/-Str Avatar-F@Pegasus Knight, and will have the same growths as one.

Vaike... I would go for Thracia -> Dagdar. He's a very low level Warrior and is probably as close as you'll get, and with manageable stats to boot.