Best Staff Wielder to turn into combat Unit in GBA games?

Prince Blueblood

I'm not sure why you're mentioning fixed ranks as a solution to that issue, given that it's not a very good one... Well, that, and I despise the idea of fixed weapon ranks with a blazing passion.

Most of the available staff users in FE4 do generally have high enough weapon ranks to matter. That is unless you're talking about a High Priest, which has low Anima ranks all-around. Some of the said staff users such as Leif or Lewyn don't even use staves at base, but they're still good for staff usage because of the fact that they can get a high staff rank post-promotion. That's actually why I mentioned it, to be honest.

Serra. Good magic growth, but terrible base magic.

She starts at level 1, and we're talking about after she has gained 19 more levels and promoted, so her bases aren't nearly as relevant as her growth rates.

Edited by Paper Jam

I haven't used Ellen or Saul as combat units.

Clarine isn't a great combat unit because of poor magic.

Serra isn't bad, but Priscilla is better because of higher magic, more mobility, and better weapon. Priscilla herself can be a really great combat unit.

Natasha and Moulder can both become Bishops, which is good in FE8 for monster slaying (the extra options are also neat; horse for Natasha and anima for Moulder). Moulder is probably better, but both are good. L'Arachel, despite some potential advantages, unfortunately comes too late and too low to really be very good.

Overall Priscilla or Moulder.

Overall Priscilla or Moulder.

I second this. Priscilla can be a beast, especially if she runs around with Sain and Kent, who have a support with each other and Priscilla can also support Sain. It's a mobile trio of destruction.

Moulder is great because of his availability, staff rank and dat CON.

FE6 units are bad in general, with a few notable exceptions. Clarine would also have to support two units slower than herself, thus negating her best trait (mobility).

Serra can be decent, but she requires a lot of grinding and still doesn't have a horse.

I think we're also overlooking Pent here. Dude is a monster and also joins with A staff rank.

Niime can also be very useful with those bases and Warp shenanigans.

Edited by Eselred

I think we're also overlooking Pent here. Dude is a monster and also joins with A staff rank.

Niime can also be very useful with those bases and Warp shenanigans.

And yeah, the one I refer to in the title is someone who start with only staff rank (cleric/priest/troubadour), not some certain prepromotes who coming with respectable ranks in staffs.

You're not going to "turn into" a combat unit someone who already is.

You're not going to "turn into" a combat unit someone who already is.

My bad. It has been a while since I had read the rules. I was merely thinking of units who started with a staff rank. Though as dondon showed in his recent FE6 HM 0% Growths run, Niime's staff ability is extremely useful.

I liked Clarine

Yeah she has no mag but Anima is good and she has solid avo even without supports, disregarding her very solid support set hindered only by the sheer slowness of GBA and esp FE6 support building

I usually like to just give her thunders and go for crits

Edited by Thor Odinson

Natasha for me. Tbf though, I did accidently screw Molder over...

Also- A nickname for Natasha= Tash.

Molder has a nice 'tashe....

Hmmmmm..... I have no idea where I'm going with this....

• 1 year later...

I recalled when I played the Sacred Stones Moulder had the better stat's than Natasha thats why i used him much more but then I got L'Arachel and Moulder my Boulder got a little jelly of those stat grows and supports.

Any of the Troubadours. Valkyrie and Mage Knight are an excellent classes by virtue of possessing a horse, in addition to their good Magic and Speed.

It's a shame the only prepromoted Valk (Cecilia) sucks, tbh.