The Shipping thread (Hector, Seliph, Lyn, Rebecca, Nino poll up!)

Magical Glace

Shipping  

30 members have voted

1. 1. HECTOR?

2. 2. SELIPH?

3. 3. LYN?

• Hector
    • Eliwood
    • Rath
    • Florina
    • Kent
    • Sain
    • Wil
    • Villager
    • Maiden
    • Rebecca
    • Fiora
    • Farina
    • Nino
    • OTHER LESBIAN STUFF I DON'T KNOW
  4. 4. REBECCA?

5. 5. NINO?

Fine then.

Marth gets all three of Caeda/Shiida/Shi-da's incarnations.

My Japanese-reading skills mentally-translate シーダ as "Shiida" in Romaji, NoJ spelling be damned. Forgot NoE also spelled her name like that but it's same difference I don't get why us filthy Americans got to spell it like "Caeda" like what is that--

It's meant to be pronounced See-da in NoA's spelling. Like Ceasar. I do think a lot of people in the US say Kay-da, though, since figuring See-da out of that won't occur to an average speaker of American English.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's meant to be pronounced See-da in NoA's spelling. Like Ceasar. I do think a lot of people in the US say Kay-da, though, since figuring See-da out of that won't occur to an average speaker of American English.

I knew that but I still thought it was a strange localization spelling choice for the reason you stated. American English-speakers have complications with how to pronounce things as is without accent marks and extremely consistent pronunciation rules. The fact we have limited words with the cae- prefix, outside of Caesar, its derivatives, and medical terms like caecum doesn't help.

We got a valid name of Sheena. It would have not been that hard to just translate as Sheeda like the NoJ spelling and not be seen as that weird to pronounce. But I wouldn't know how the NoA team worked with the NoJ team or not to determine names.

Maybe even Ceeda would have been less weird but whatever. It happened. And this is Far from the Forest. I shouldn't be that serious.

So I'll note this: I'm laughing that Ike is not getting any SSB loving from Marth or Roy.

Ike x Ranulf is significantly better than Ike x Soren. Ike and Ranulf are actually entertaining in their interactions.

Tibarn x Reyson x Naesala love triangle OP

Chrom x Sumia god stomps all of Chrom's other options.

Seliph x Village girl ftw

Brb editing the poll to say Sophia, Priestess of Arcadia from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

thx

I used to ship Mia x Ike.

My opinion of Ike, however, has greatly dropped. I now ship Mia with noone.

My Votes

Roy x Glace otp

Ike x Mia for matching upstairs

Marth x Tiki Because I'm a lolicon

Chrom x Olivia for Inigo Galefoce reasons

Eliwood x Ninian Because fuck yeah, Manakete Roy!

I like inter species shipping, what can I say

The fact that anyone voted for Chrom x lucina actually repulses me. Sibling x sibling incest I can handle, parent x child incest is a whole other matter. That's not mentioning the time travel bullshitting that would have to happen for that to occur. 13 already had problems trying to justify one way time travel, let's not try to confuse it.