Codename S.T.E.A.M

Jedi

Haha, Ike's the only one that looks like a man/adult there. XD The other three look like 15 year old kids. But I don't mind, it looks great! And Ike is as smexy as ever. <3

EDIT: I changed my avatar. I just REALLY like that Codename Steam Ike! <3 (this doesn't mean that we won't ever see my shirtless Ike half-body mug sprite again though!)

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a patch to speed up enemy turns, I'm going to hold off playing until it's released. It'll make the rest of the game less painful (as in, I still suck at positioning and all, not that the game is bad).

Meanwhile in Europe: Waiting for enemy's turn until May 15th.

EDIT: I changed my avatar. I just REALLY like that Codename Steam Ike! <3 (this doesn't mean that we won't ever see my shirtless Ike half-body mug sprite again though!)

Keep it. I'm sick sick of seeing that man naked all over this forum anyways, haha. :P

Also, that Cape-Boiler is pretty neat, eh?

Keep it. I'm sick sick of seeing that man naked all over this forum anyways, haha. :P

Uh, he wasn't naked...

Anyway, the cape boiler thingies are okay, I guess. xP

Edited by Anacybele

If there's a patch to speed up enemy turns, I'm going to hold off playing until it's released. It'll make the rest of the game less painful (as in, I still suck at positioning and all, not that the game is bad).

It can be painful when you need to restart and then you have to watch that non existent observation of the enemies turn again. I'm really happy that they are implementing it.

Anyways my final thoughts of this game since I beaten this game about a week ago and overall, I thought the game was much better than I expected. I love the american comic book style, Abe is just great as a whole for a commander, I was laughing at every single cliche moments in the cutscenes and the final mission was pretty tense although the final boss was pretty eh but overall, it's a great package. Not to mention the amount of challenging levels they give you really make the game difficult like no steam recoveries in movement positions or lack of enemy health options. It would have been neat to have a combination of those challenges instead of just one or the other. It's definitely not a game where you can level up and cheese the game. It requires a lot of strategic thinking positioning making the whole experience a lot more challenging and I love it for that in this game.

I feel people are too quick to judge this game. Many times I see people rushing their units in instead of keeping a proper balance in observation, offensive and defensive measures and they downplay the artstyle. I can definitely see why it's not a game for everyone however, if you are a type of person who loves tactics, this is definitely a great one and I definitely recommend it.

Multiplayer, all I can say is I kept getting my butt kicked by really good players.

After playing excessively, I feel Tin Man is much better than I expected especially for multiplayer since he functions like a copy of a 2nd unit and therefore if you have someone in the top tier or high tier range, you can dish out so much fire power. Marth now I just feel is ugh. I don't know how to feel about him anymore.

uSKR6nf.png

Here are some first try Merciless scores to poke at, if you're interested in score attack. Turn counts included.

[spoiler=Merciless score attack]Merciless score attack:
M1: 5180, all turn+full squad bonus (6, 8, 8 turns)
M2: 5090, all turn+full squad bonus (7, 8, 8 turns)
M3: 3790, all turn+full squad bonus (7, 10 turns)
M4: 4410, all turn+full squad bonus (8, 8 turns)
M5: 8410, all turn+full squad bonus (9, 10, 16 turns)
M6: 2970, all turn+full squad bonus (11 turns)
M7: 4870, all turn+full squad bonus (10, 13 turns)
M8: 4880, all turn+full squad bonus (10, 8 turns)
M9: 5240, all turn+full squad bonus (14, 6 turns)
M10: 3100, all turn+full squad bonus (14 turns)
M11: 3550, all turn+full squad bonus (7 turns)
M12: 6180, all turn+full squad bonus (10, 10 turns)
M13: 4020, all turn+full squad bonus (8, 8 turns)
M14: 2820, all turn+full squad bonus (9 turns)
M15: 8870, all turn+full squad bonus (7, 11, 12 turns)
M16: 6950, 1/2 turn bonus, full squad bonus (23, 7 turns)

Uh, he wasn't naked...

so.... i've noticed you're really bad at perceiving jokes

After playing through the demo once more, I actually feel like picking up the game sometime soon. I only hope it'll be easier because of those special abilities. Those first two missions were a total bummer with only 2 people; I hated it. Saving the Queen was an especially nice mission though, I loved getting too at once, especially getting secondary weapons, and a healer.

I just don't like how Lily can also heal the opponents... it seems weird. But what is nice is that, unlike Fire Emblem, the healer (or at least Lily can, I know John cannot do it with his light heal gun) heal herself. Nice touch, especially when she's alone.

And one last quick question. Does anyone know if the demo transfers over to the full game?

so.... i've noticed you're really bad at perceiving jokes

After playing through the demo once more, I actually feel like picking up the game sometime soon. I only hope it'll be easier because of those special abilities. Those first two missions were a total bummer with only 2 people; I hated it. Saving the Queen was an especially nice mission though, I loved getting too at once, especially getting secondary weapons, and a healer.

I just don't like how Lily can also heal the opponents... it seems weird. But what is nice is that, unlike Fire Emblem, the healer (or at least Lily can, I know John cannot do it with his light heal gun) heal herself. Nice touch, especially when she's alone.

And one last quick question. Does anyone know if the demo transfers over to the full game?

You get the Phoenix Rifle and some medal coins transferred. The Phoenix Rifle is only good for knocking back those eye artillery aliens. A pretty junk weapon other than use for destroying barrels etc.

The healing opponents makes sense since there is a friendly fire system and they want you to be patient when landing your targets. It's all about precision.

Yeah they didn't fix the problems in the first two stages of the tutorial mission but once you get Lion and the teammates after it is a blast.

Just got the game yesterday, and I have to say, it's been really fun! Having a Marth / Ike amiibo would make the first few levels a lot easier though...

It was a pain to go through the prologue AGAIN. I mean, the game clearly knows I've been through the demo already, why doesn't it clear the prologue for me?

And other thing, I was surprised to not get Tiger Lily in the save the Queen mission! You had her in the demo, what happened? Still, it's pretty fun, and I'm only on the 3rd mission. Can't wait for a fourth fighter though, I always feel a little empty with only three.

The update to speed up enemy turns is out.

Great! Those enemy turns were annoying.

I'm waiting until I have a New 3DS and my Ike and Robin Amiibos myself before I get the game. I thought the demo was fun, but I really want to add Ike and Robin to it and that requires a New 3DS or the Amiibo reader thing that's not released yet. And my Ike Amiibo is still delayed and Robin isn't released yet. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Just got the game yesterday, and I have to say, it's been really fun! Having a Marth / Ike amiibo would make the first few levels a lot easier though...

It was a pain to go through the prologue AGAIN. I mean, the game clearly knows I've been through the demo already, why doesn't it clear the prologue for me?

And other thing, I was surprised to not get Tiger Lily in the save the Queen mission! You had her in the demo, what happened? Still, it's pretty fun, and I'm only on the 3rd mission. Can't wait for a fourth fighter though, I always feel a little empty with only three.

Great! Those enemy turns were annoying.

You get Tiger Lily in the next mission.

Glad that update is finally out. I kind of had to put the game down 'cuz it was just taking so long. I guess I'm spoiled by Awakening allowing everything to go by so quickly.

Edited by Dai

A skilled player can use the timer bar on the enemy turn count to determine how many enemies are left, and of what type. Ex. creepers always go first, queens last, you get the idea. i actually enjoy trying to figure out where the enemy is moving. I'm a level short of completing, and the plot is looking pretty flat so far. Dorothy is useful, despite what people say. It's Randolph Carter I despise.

A skilled player can use the timer bar on the enemy turn count to determine how many enemies are left, and of what type. Ex. creepers always go first, queens last, you get the idea. i actually enjoy trying to figure out where the enemy is moving. I'm a level short of completing, and the plot is looking pretty flat so far. Dorothy is useful, despite what people say. It's Randolph Carter I despise.

she has some use but only good for enemies that have either have no overwatch or you're close to the enemy's weakspot and even then you have to be upclose to the enemies to actually do anything. If she didn't spray it left to right, then the weapon would have been freaking amazing but sadly she doesn't keep it straight thus makes it significantly difficult to utilize well. She has some use in multiplayer but there are so many better options.

Edited by kingddd

Nintendo announced that there is an update coming which will speed up the enemy turn on standard 3DS units by a factor of 2, and on the new 3DS it will be speed up by a factor of 3. They also released this new artwork of the Fire Emblem cast.

GV95WWh.jpg

Woah! Marth, Robin, and Lucina look really cute. They could've done better with Ike, imo, but he still looks nice. Maybe it's the childish look that I'm liking!

It can be painful when you need to restart and then you have to watch that non existent observation of the enemies turn again. I'm really happy that they are implementing it.

Anyways my final thoughts of this game since I beaten this game about a week ago and overall, I thought the game was much better than I expected. I love the american comic book style, Abe is just great as a whole for a commander, I was laughing at every single cliche moments in the cutscenes and the final mission was pretty tense although the final boss was pretty eh but overall, it's a great package. Not to mention the amount of challenging levels they give you really make the game difficult like no steam recoveries in movement positions or lack of enemy health options. It would have been neat to have a combination of those challenges instead of just one or the other. It's definitely not a game where you can level up and cheese the game. It requires a lot of strategic thinking positioning making the whole experience a lot more challenging and I love it for that in this game.

I feel people are too quick to judge this game. Many times I see people rushing their units in instead of keeping a proper balance in observation, offensive and defensive measures and they downplay the artstyle. I can definitely see why it's not a game for everyone however, if you are a type of person who loves tactics, this is definitely a great one and I definitely recommend it.

Multiplayer, all I can say is I kept getting my butt kicked by really good players.

After playing excessively, I feel Tin Man is much better than I expected especially for multiplayer since he functions like a copy of a 2nd unit and therefore if you have someone in the top tier or high tier range, you can dish out so much fire power. Marth now I just feel is ugh. I don't know how to feel about him anymore.

uSKR6nf.png

Hmm, that first lady in the Top Tier looks really intriguing! What mission do you get her?

Anyways, I've made it to Mission 4! Either I'm really bad at this game, or the difficulty just spiked! Really though, I sure am glad to have gotten Tiger Lily right then. Can't wait to play through more and unlock more characters!

Hmm, that first lady in the Top Tier looks really intriguing! What mission do you get her?

Anyways, I've made it to Mission 4! Either I'm really bad at this game, or the difficulty just spiked! Really though, I sure am glad to have gotten Tiger Lily right then. Can't wait to play through more and unlock more characters!

Fox?

I don't remember the exact mission number but you definitely get her in mid game. She's a reincarnation of Zorro I believe.

Edited by kingddd

OMG, is this true?! Zorro is AWESOME!

Not quite. It's implied she's his daughter, though, as she calls her acts the "family trade", and taking the timeframe into account.

The Fox was created to be a stand in for Zorro because Zorro Production Inc., owns the trademark and copyright for the character. Zorro is old enough to be part of the public domain like the other characters, but because of legal wrangling he has to be off limits for the game.

Not quite. It's implied she's his daughter, though, as she calls her acts the "family trade", and taking the timeframe into account.

There are many theories some say she's the daughter and some say she's just a rule63 of Zorro because of copyright reasons they can't use him. I personally think she's the daughter too.

It's quite funny how all the characters are based on the American folklores

Scarecrow, Tin Man, Dorothy, Lion - The Wizard of Oz

John Henry - John Henry: The Steel Driving Man

Queequeg - Moby Dick

Califia - The Adventures of Esplandián (Queen Calafia of Mythical Island of California)

Tom Sawyer - The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Henry Fleming - The Red Badge of Courage

Although I'm not sure about Randolph's origins.

Not all of them are American works though. The Adventures of Esplandián is Spanish, for example.

Randolph comes from the works of HP Lovecraft.

Edited by Acacia Sgt