Fire Emblem Binding Blade: Rebirth [In development]

Dunal

Fire Emblem Binding Blade: Rebirth

[DISCLAIMER: Art assets are not final. Many used in these images are place-holder]

wdRooTq.png

For some years now, a fair number of FE6 hacks have been made for the sole purpose of improving the base game overall. Some smaller in scope, others more ambitious. There are likely a few of those larger ones still in development, but a proper overhaul of the game has yet to be fully realized within the community.

This is my take on a potential 'overhaul' of the game. Quite simply, I set out to improve all aspects of FE6 whether it be gameplay, story, or content available.

This project is still within its very early stages, and it's clear this isn't a task for me to handle alone. I've made this topic now to seek advice and offer those who are interested in the project to possibly take part. This is my first proper romhack and of course, being the large project it is, I feel that I could appreciate any assistance.

Massive props to those who have helped me so far.

There will be a release fairly soon to showcase the first few chapters.

m6dq9Z3.png

Main goals for the project:

• Improved and more varied gameplay, including new units, weapons and classes, inspired from other FE games and hacks.
  • New chapters which follow Guinivere's side of the story prior to meeting Roy.
  • Expanded script and characterisation, with main story events having much more character involvement (death checks ahoy).
  • Revamped map design where appropriate, as well as varied objectives.

That's all for now!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said art assets aren't final, but you need to fix Vada's skin color lol

More serious question: I'm dumb, is this a FE7 hack? Or are you hacking FE6? FE8?

Hellene's looking a tad yellow as well. idk

FE6. Was thinking of porting it over to FE7 but FE6 is sufficient enough. There's less support for it but I can fill in the gaps (more assembly required + module ports and stuff) with the help of others if need be.

Normally I just nod at these but uh

New chapters which follow Guinivere's side of the story prior to meeting Roy.

Maybe I'm lost, but as far as I remember, all that happened with that was Gwen stole the fire emblem from Zephiel so he couldn't use it, fled with ellen to Lycia but was captured by rudy shortly after

so uh

yeah confused

also why is oiger there when he's an ostian knight...

What are the advantages of using FE6? Are changes to the game going to be done primarily through Nightmare and Feditor?

Guinevere chapters sound interesting. Escape Bern, possibly with the help of some unmentioned characters, getting caught and thinking it's all over, and then being saved by our boy Roy. Make Roy promote earlier. And a playable soldier or two. Mage, Wyvern, and Great Knights wouldn't be awful either. Why is that the suffix of all of FE8's original classes?

Edited by deranger

Normally I just nod at these but uh

Maybe I'm lost, but as far as I remember, all that happened with that was Gwen stole the fire emblem from Zephiel so he couldn't use it, fled with ellen to Lycia but was captured by rudy shortly after

so uh

yeah confused

also why is oiger there when he's an ostian knight...

By 'new chapters' it's pretty much just 1 or 2. It's just not set in stone yet.

CH1x (as seen in the OP) are the events immediately leading up to getting captured prior to CH2. The events that you described aren't really told in depth. It's like saying "Roy travelled to Ostia to save Lilina -- ignore all the stuff that happened while doing so". Consider similar logic, add a few more characters, and it's not too absurd a concept. =p

Ogier/Oujay is a hired mercenary, not a knight. And this is way before CH8 of course. But ignoring that, I've still related him to Ostia through the events in 1x.

Events aren't going to be completely parallel to the original game for the sake of convenience/gameplay. Zeiss is now an ally from the get-go. Ogier/Wendy are also in 1x (They are travelling to also meet up with the Lycia Alliance, but get caught up in Guinivere's s***). It just so happens that those characters have very little plot relevance/meaning in the original game, so doing otherwise is just consistency for the sake of consistency.

In the case with those characters, I can actually include them in the plot, if only for a chapter. Better than their status before.

Hopefully that clears something up.

What are the advantages of using FE6? Are changes to the game going to be done primarily through Nightmare and Feditor?

One of those used to be Mamkutes but not sure now (Seems to be very possible in FE7 as seen in other hacks), and there are a few other good things about FE6 (Event related). I wouldn't say FE7 isn't overall better of course, that goes without saying.

For me it might as well be the sake of doing it cleanly in FE6. It's more than possible, just takes a bit more effort. Again, I have others to credit for adding more support for FE6 recently just to help me out. It's mostly the support/knowledge that makes FE7 better, it would appear.

Primarily? Kinda. I know direct hex editing can be more efficient/effective than nightmare (?). Otherwise, I'm just using the basic tools recommended.

Make Roy promote earlier. And a playable soldier or two. Mage, Wyvern, and Great Knights wouldn't be awful either. Why is that the suffix of all of FE8's original classes?

Roy actually gets a Heaven Seal ~Ch14 to promote whenever. Those classes all added, including a tier 1 version of the Mage Knight which is Hellene/Hugh's class (currently looks like a troubadour but ignore that).

Edited by DLuna

. It's mostly the support/knowledge that makes FE7 better, it would appear.

FE7 has several commands FE6 lacks, actually.

Ogier/Oujay is a hired mercenary, not a knight.

No, he's not. He's an Ostian soldier. He signs on to help feed his family.

Edited by Siuloir

The timespan between Guinivere's escape and her recapture is probably just over a day so I'm not exactly sure how in depth you can go. Also its stated in the game and the manga that Ellen was the only person who accompanied Guinivere to the border. Although if you're doing an alternate retelling I suppose it doesn't really matter.

No, he's not. He's an Ostian soldier. He signs on to help feed his family.

He's not actually from Ostia though. But to correct myself, taken from his supports, he travelled to Ostia from some village to then become a knight (Which is indeed correct; I'm mostly talking about before that -- although it is bizarre that his info text describes him as a mercenary and not a knight). At what time that happened isn't stated, but it could well have been shortly before he appears in FE6.

With the script wrote so far you could easily deduce that he's from Ostia anyway, and if there's an inconsistency somewhere I can change it. The events take into account that he was travelling with Wendy as someone recently hired into Ostia -- so it doesn't matter either way.

Regardless I'm not against changing a very plot irrelevant character. And even someone like Guinivere actually fights in the main story now which technically didn't happen. 1x would be pretty hard if you only had Ellen as a unit.

FE7 has several commands FE6 lacks, actually.

Especially in regards to conditional events. It's doable with assembly though.

The timespan between Guinivere's escape and her recapture is probably just over a day so I'm not exactly sure how in depth you can go. Also its stated in the game and the manga that Ellen was the only person who accompanied Guinivere to the border. Although if you're doing an alternate retelling I suppose it doesn't really matter.

So far only 2 chapters are planned (but that may change) which all happen within a short time period.

Events begin with Guinivere immediately being spotted by Bern troops (after some character introduction stuff) and then fighting them off in a rout map, followed by a defend one. Cue being captured afterwards. Guin/Hellene/Ellen are taken to the keep in CH2. Others are eventually sent to Ostia to be imprisoned similar to Lilina to be re-recruited (yay gameplay consistency for Wendy/Ogier).

Again, I may just condense it to one map.

Edited by DLuna

Hopefully you can make Idoun a much harder final boss

She's kinda hilariously weak compared to almost all the other bosses in the game, considering how Roy can OHKO her if he has max stats and crits

Maybe this one will get somewhere!

Hopefully you can make Idoun a much harder final boss

She's kinda hilariously weak compared to almost all the other bosses in the game, considering how Roy can OHKO her if he has max stats and crits

He can ORKO her if he has decent Spd and Str.

Hell, 0% growths shows he can chop off 70% of her health, at base, with Dancer help.

lol skitty of time do you even know dondon or are you just trying to start shit because you're not fond of LTC

cause it's not like dondon is saying something wrong there, that was my exact thought when I heard about this. I can link you to a few previous projects trying to "update" FE6 to like FE7-level graphics that kind of fell through, and it's not like "why do people dislike fe6" or w/e is a bad question lol

Edited by Lord Raven

lol skitty of time do you even know dondon or are you just trying to start shit because you're not fond of LTC

cause it's not like dondon is saying something wrong there, that was my exact thought when I heard about this. I can link you to a few previous projects trying to "update" FE6 to like FE7-level graphics that kind of fell through, and it's not like "why do people dislike fe6" or w/e is a bad question lol

uh

no one is trying to start anything; I was informing the member about dondon's thought process regarding fe6

but ok do what you want

I see you finally dumped the red text, but apparently not the random condescending LOLs.

Also it'd be pretty hilarious if you linked some of those projects, considering Skitty is behind arguably the most visible of them.

The response depends on dondon's interest, though, which I guess can be assumed be purely mechanical because he's dondon, but I can't speak for him.