If there was a Fire Emblem Fighting Game.

Jotari

Anyone have any idea for Gaiden characters? I really don't know much about the significant characters from the game. I've heard there's Witches who can warp, one of them might make a good moveset (Though I've kind of simulated that with my evolving list since I decided to give Sephiran the rewarp staff).

An FE Fighting game that cut half the series out of representation? Yeah, no, I don't think so. There would be some serious fan rage, plus people were introduced to past FE characters through Awakening's Spotpass and DLC.

Why not? If you enjoyed a game's style and mechanics then surely you'd have some interest in checking out the games that proceeded it and made it what it is. And a collaboration game would be a great way to explore a series and see who it's most significant characters are. I didn't know who Marth, Ness, the Ice Climbers or Kirby were when I first picked up Super Smash Bros Melee but since then I've made an effort to find out who they are and explore their game(s). Awakening does have a major fan base but there's a difference between acknowledging and using that fact compared to disregarding everything that came before it and having a roster that is over 50% Awakening characters.

Also

Also I doubt we'll get any villains because I'm pretty sure nobody likes any of them, so they would just take up character slots.

Fire Emblem has some of the coolest villains in Nintendo's history.

Edited by Jotari

Given how many FE characters there are, I wonder if a theoretical Fe fighter would benefit from a MVC1-style Assist System. To clarify, in that game, in addition to the regular playable characters, there was another group of characters who only existed to act as "assists" for the main fighters. These were mostly B-and C- list characters who probably weren't popular enough to make it to full playable status(though some of them were playable in future/previous games in the series).

The NESTS-era KoF games have a similar feature with their striker system.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In all honesty though, the thing that annoys me about all the Smash FE characters is that they're all sword users. What gives? There's tons of weapon choices, and although this was somewhat mitigated by Robin's appearance in 4, that is also mitigated by Lucina being a literal clone of Marth. It's not like there aren't lords that don't use swords either. Hector uses axes and Ephraim uses lances, and both character's games were released in English. Hell, even Micaiah is enough of a main character to get into smash.

Well, people already complain about Marth's disjoint and range, imagine if it was as long as a lance. At least it'd be nerfed to all hell by the next installment

The best characters in Gaiden are Alm, Celica, and the Whitewings. So Judah (the main bad guy besides Duma himself) or Valbar (who made it onto the cover art somehow) would be the best choices for the hypothetical fourth slot.

Has anyone played the Chronicle of the Sword mode from Soul Calibur III? I think it is a perfect model for a FE fighting game.

I did a thread some time ago, talking about this...

I would like to see a FE fighting game developed by Arc System Works. The same people that create Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue.

I did a thread some time ago, talking about this...

I would like to see a FE fighting game developed by Arc System Works. The same people that create Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue.

Actually I did this thread first, then you did yours. I went back to this thread to find a quote from myself to post on your thread and then accidentally necroed this and no one really noticed

Edited by Jotari