Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

Basically what I meant is that Lilina needs to be alive in order to go to the gaiden chapter. Should I continue these "hints?"

Hm... I'm not knowledgeable on what the gaiden chapters do exactly. This run is employing that I restart any time a unit of mine goes down. Is Lilina being alive the only requirement for these gaiden maps?

If they're just extra EXP/items maps, it wouldn't be necessary to tell me. If it's something ending-altering, I'll have to think on that. I did say in my first post about if anyone wanted to see the best ending which would mean I would have to spoil myself on how to do it.

But I assume any true or partial blind run would never get the best ending.

Edited by Dual Dragons

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... I'm not knowledgeable on what the gaiden chapters do exactly. This run is employing that I restart any time a unit of mine goes down. Is Lilina being alive the only requirement for these gaiden maps?

If they're just extra EXP/items maps, it wouldn't be necessary to tell me. If it's something ending-altering, I'll have to think on that. I did say in my first post about if anyone wanted to see the best ending which would mean I would have to spoil myself on how to do it.

But I assume any true or partial blind run would never get the best ending.

[spoiler=Possible spoiler (but vague-ish) info about gaidens]

Every Gaiden Chapter gives 1 legendary weapon, and (as you mentioned in the opening post) you need all legendary weapons to get the best ending (and the best ending is really worth getting). Each Gaiden will have different requirements as you'd expect having played FE7 (general theme: keep units alive and/or win chapters fast) and the requirement for 8x was just "Keep Lilina Alive", which is a nice warm-up/intro to gaidens.

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 8-1 - *Rescue-Dropping--also, Wendy*]

1_zps925d43d0.png2_zps6c4969ea.png

As it must be. Hector was an awesome armored Lord.

36_zpsa83fab6f.png

Oh no, you! I have spent the last few chapters trying to get to this girl. I earned my hard work.

40_zpse21cf134.png41_zps301b4288.png43_zps7201a0b6.png44_zpsa40e82d3.png

This Soldier is pretty smart but Legance really wants to murder a teenage girl. I ain't going to let that happen.

60_zps8d39df85.png

This Mage is Lilina! She is in that room I didn't know what it was for earlier. Lilina is trapped in there with no weapon to protect herself against the Archers. There's two near her right now but there is a sweet spot where she can't get hit.

As a Mage who is recruited/gained this chapter, she definitely needs to catch up to Level 11 Lugh. I can see where people will say she is a pain to train in HM. I hope to use her for the magic utility.

She's a blue unit. I have to direct her from harm's way so we can get there in time.

73_zps66eaf81f.png

Even Jerrot takes major damage from this Horseslayer. x3 effectiveness doesn't mess around! Thankfully he can wield that Hammer so I can do this:

74_zpsb61d3943.png

BONK

And now Knight's dead.

Allen makes short work of the northwest Soldier. That's a level up!

82_zps29295469.png

It looks like this dude becomes Geoffrey in FE9. Seriously, the blue hair-green clothing thing? It's even worse here.

83_zps81704c43.png

Auto-discrimination. I can tell he's a Knight.

84_zps2a972f94.png

Funny story: I was about to do this. Unless you're good units, I will not let you take the weapon EXP... maybe. Depends if it would waste my time using my units to break the wall for you.

Yes. He was.
You do and you'll have to answer to me.
Ostia's military will go in shambles if she's dead. That is why that they are striving to kill her.
*spoiler*
You can peak at my Ch8 spoilers. This is who I was talking about and I recommend using her. Always. I recommend using her above any other Magic user.
If your using her...give her the Secret Book that you obtain here. She will need it.
Fire and Aircaliburs is all she should use, really. The Secret Book helps her to use Thunder quite well as well. Magic is very good in this game with Anima being the best(Not to mention lightweight).
Fight on, Jerret.
The hammer is getting hungry.
Awesome dude. :3
Up to you.
Although Armor Knights are terribad in this game. >.<
Wendy is the most terrible unit in existence. Okay, I was wrong, there's Fiona(FE10).

[spoiler=Chapter 8-2 - *Allen is MVP*]

107_zpsb5ccef05.png

Look real closely. You can see a stealthy Allen along the bottom.

Allen gets hit by the Mage and he levels up by slaying his foe. Well. Allen's in trouble.

108_zps7ee3ffcb.png

Most likely not going to keep this level now. That's also a weapon rank increase. It was a good level up while I knew it.

The east Mage hits Lance but Lance kills him.

109_zps990b0662.png

Welp. Thanks a lot, Lance.

110_zps768355a2.png

ALLEN, MY LORD AND SAVIOR.

Allen even kills him. Bless that man's everything.

Clarine and Rutger have enough points for B Support. This is Turn 12.

Rutger will confront Clarine this time after she moves with Allen and heals him.

120_zps6ff7a88f.png

Seems Clarine is still trying to make Rutger into a gentleman. Rutger's like, "No."

121_zps5211d164.png

But he doesn't want the clothes.

122_zpsa59a50f2.png123_zps61feaa8f.png124_zps2fb4cc8a.png

Uh oh. Sounds like Clarine is breaking.

125_zpse845c0f7.png

poor bb

126_zps069a997f.png

! She's self-aware--but of what?

136_zps1492e8eb.png

I noticed in the Support status that these two have one already. Lilina cannot activate it. How odd.

Oh well. Let's do it.

137_zpsf6a25584.png

Damn, Roy. No mention of how we're glad we rescued her or anything?

Roy keeps asking her if she's all well and fine and she says, "Yes I am."

Roy is about to say that if she needs anything, he's there for her but she interrupts him. She's like, "I'm really fine."

And then Roy reassures her that if she needs anything, he'll do it.

A little too simple to screenshot and comment on. Perhaps it'll get more interesting later.

This starts the Fire/Light support of Roy/Lilina. Fire's always good in GBAFE but Light could have been better, if I remember correctly. Still, benefits are benefits.

141_zps99ab62da.png

Stop it, Clarine.

Roy softens the Soldier up for Lilina.

Lilina chars that Soldier to death.

Lance weakens the west Soldier with his Javelin. Chip EXP level up.

Lilina kills the Soldier. She levels up.

146_zpsbc91aab5.png

Pretty good first level up. Keep it up.

Roy whips out his Rapier. He cuts the Knight down but not without taking damage.

151_zpsbdfe09d1.png

The magic will further intensify. Lugh would probably get this one.

I think it's time we try to fight Legance. Legance has so high of Speed that Lugh can't double him. He is currently equipped with the Steel Lance so Lugh and Lilina are safe to take potshots; though, come enemy phase, Legance will be ready to wreck my Mages.

Jerrot should Hammer him first. He's got absurd Defense thanks to his class and throne.

153_zps51bb3460.png154_zpsc0a298f6.png

Wrong for two things: we ARE the Lycian Army, not dogs of them, and lances don't cut in the way you're using that expression.

Lugh misses. Drat.

155_zps37494267.png156_zps5ad94f66.png157_zpse39e1575.png158_zps7108a10f.png

159_zpsc6675bc5.png160_zps63af0d85.png161_zpsacda1ceb.png162_zpsa38e8e14.png

163_zpsa42c9a42.png

Lilina has a special boss conversation. Wonder if Roy would have one too.

Unfortunately, Lilina won't be doing the hushing to this guy. She's too weak.

She maanges to chip him for 16 EXP. If she can chip him another six times, she could level up.

Screenshots will be limited here except for chest-plundering because this boss is tough!

164_zpsbe7a2de1.png

Secret Books are on the lower end of my priority list to use. I'm sure someone could benefit from it but can't think of who at the moment.

FE7 already screams ranged weapons because too may foes using them throughout the game as well as it is smart to have some for this game...too.
This games RNG already derps alot. So...let the afterlife have mercy upon thy mages soul.
^_^
Lilina+Roy support is probably the fastest in the entire game. Actually, it is the fastest.
Still stuck up(snob). -.-
Indeedy.
She's liking you. Train her well.
Keep these.
They are very rare.
They actually gut.
Yeah.
Insulting the former King of Ostia puts a stain all over it and that you should get off the throne and vamoose this instant!
Yay!
Give this to Lilina now if your planning to use her!
Which these are also very rare items.

Basically what I meant is that Lilina needs to be alive in order to go to the gaiden chapter. Should I continue these "hints?"

^

This.

But...if he's keeping all units alive...getting to the gaiden chapters shouldn't be a problem.

-----

*hint*

Although, some gaiden requirements are different than others.

Every Gaiden Chapter gives 1 legendary weapon, and (as you mentioned in the opening post) you need all legendary weapons to get the best ending (and the best ending is really worth getting). Each Gaiden will have different requirements as you'd expect having played FE7 (general theme: keep units alive and/or win chapters fast) and the requirement for 8x was just "Keep Lilina Alive", which is a nice warm-up/intro to gaidens.

Um...you went too far with what momo wanted to hide...you may want to spoiler that.

(Don't view this please. Dual.)

Edited by PuffPuff

But they are! :) I would say it's mainly not to discourage him from using any one unit because of crappy growths. Oh, and getting to all of the gaiden chapters means you can see the true ending as well as participate in 3 more normal chapters than normal.

Edited by momogeek2141

Lilina is pretty much like Micaiah. High magic, decent luck and res, but fragile and sort of slow. On hard mode she'd be walking target.

In chapter 8 Cath would appear, if she's alive.

Next chapter would be a good training chapter for lower leveled units, because the enemies are weaker than in the latest one. A good chapter for Lilina to catch up,

Edited by The Taninator

@PuffPuff: Already saw elf_01's post. It wasn't as bad (especially since I started 8x before reading it). I still wouldn't know what the requirements are for each gaiden chapter. Especially at the pace I'm going at chapters, I might miss the turn-limit gaidens or anything like the Four-Fanged Offense split routes unless anyone told me.

@Howard the Duck: It's pretty much what momogeek says. I also count it for spoilers because it's unviewable in the game, much like the support list.

@momogeek2141: I figured something like that. Agh. I'd really have to consider getting the best ending, just because the requirements will be spoiler-y. I'll post 8x now and try to think of something before I do Chapter 9.

@The Taninator: Hopefully a Micaiah-like character will have a better time in FE6's NM setting. Sounds like a plan. In fact...

*This first part stops at Turn 11's end

Upon saving the game, I see I'm doing a gaiden chapter. Well! Whatever I did, whether this is a guaranteed gaiden or I fulfilled a requirement, I must do it. Let's dive in!

[spoiler=Chapter 8x-1 - *Lilina*s Designated Training Ground]
1_zpsbe634e5a.png
This music is very different. And yes, I suppose we did.

2_zps99329d8a.png
I haven't even gotten my first Wyvern Rider. Of course we're not equal.

3_zpsc58c7fb5.png
wat
When was I supposed to know Roy knew the information to find the first one?!
Roy, tell me your ways! The master tactician must know!

4_zps4041b2f9.png
Oh boy. If Bern was able to wield the legendary weapon, shit would hit the fan so hard.
The ambush spawns are already scary. I'm not ready for legendary weapons without my own legendary weapon.

6_zps4d09d5ed.png7_zpsdbd9ca35.png
Oh, okay. Lilina apparently knew. I guess I fulfilled the requirement by either a) keeping her alive and/or, b) having the Talk with her.

7_zpsdbd9ca35.png
Does this mean Mine Glitching?!

So I guess I got this gaiden chapter or something. Welcome to Chapter 8x! We're boiling ourselves in a volcano. That's fun!

8_zpsacf5a32e.png
It's another winding chapter. If the narration is any indication of what I'm supposed to do, I think I have to hurry or something. Reinforcements are likely.
Strangely, I don't start at the very end of the winding path to the throne. It makes me think there is something over on the little section. Could there be?

9_zpsd80dd142.png10_zpse16793b2.png11_zpsaeec8d4d.png

12_zpsdf3d5df9.png13_zps5934edc1.png
We got Fighters. We got Myrmidons. Mages, Mercenaries, Archers. I'm thankful Knights are missing. If we need to hurry, Lugh and Lilina may not catch up as quickly as I want them.
I notice that these enemies' levels are lower than last map's. Means I won't get much EXP from them. If there's reinforcements (maybe even an infinite amount of them), it's not good to grind on them except for Lilina.
Duly noted.

14_zps69039aba.png15_zps91502f07.png
This guy's weird in that he's holding a Door Key, yet I don't see a single door in this map.
My guess is that a door will spring up at some point or an area in the throne area needs this door key to go through.
It's worth stealing to know what's up with this one and only Door Key on the map.

16_zps5705b21b.png17_zps5e94d1b8.png
This boss is horrible news. Another promoted boss--but a fucking Hero. Those stats will make people like Lugh and Lilina explode on contact.
He's constantly weighed down by at least -2 AS. The Hand Axe is 14 Spd and the Steel Blade is 12 Spd. The Steel Blade has 100 pure hit so the Hand Axe is 90 pure hit. This guy is not fucking around.
If he's equipped with the Steel Blade, a Slim Lance Shanna could double but probably do little-to-no damage. 5 Res total and 14 Def total. Yep. Even at WTA, she's not going to do jack all with a Slim Lance.
Lugh and Lilina attacking from afar is good. The Hand Axe is the least accurate.
A Steel Sword Rutger won't be able to double but neither can Henning. I can even go Killing Edge for full avoid and a huge crit chance. Now with B Clarine, that's some high crit and avoid.

There is a strategy I may be able to employ.

18_zps4dafbe4a.png
For quick access to the boss, I can do a Rescue-Drop across this gap, being only a tile wide. The preferrable team is Jerrot/Deke and Shanna. Even Deke can rescue Jerrot but he may be unreliable to hold out on his own just because of his lack of ranged weaponry.
It is possible for me to have Shanna just fly across the gap herself but I would not be able to drop on the same turn as a rescue. This may be good for the first couple of turns where I can't make it to that tile-wide gap in what it seems to be the first two or three turns without Rescue-ferrying anyways.

Enemies of import based on their weapons:

20_zps2d8d731e.png21_zpsd92ed481.png22_zps72fe6136.png23_zps1b0f7dc3.png

24_zps6e8c996a.png25_zpscc809353.png26_zps4ae55342.png27_zps5e690afe.png

Three of these are across the gap. One is on that mini path.

So our team this time:
28_zps8ac572fe.png

I've given Lilina Lugh's other Fire tome since I still have a spare in the convoy. Jerrot deposited the Hammer for the Hand Axe when I confront the boss. Clarine is carrying Saul's Heal staff as well.
After dumping items and withdrawing a couple weapons, this is how I'm positioning my units:

29_zpscb00cbe2.png
If Rutger wants to get some EXP, I could have him fend off the mini path enemies since only the Mage is ranged.
And if he or Deke--when he goes north--soften enemies, Lilina can feast.
I could have brought Saul instead of Clarine but I want to keep building the support. It's kind of the same case for Allen and Lance since they might be too strong for these enemies.

Onward!

30_zps5d72afe2.png
Isn't that the Durandal?

31_zpsbbeec945.png
Still using that ugly sprite, game?
It still scares me every time.

32_zps481eca7a.png
Lilina will be frying you. She kind of needs it since she's low-leveled and all.

34_zpsf9c2915d.png
If I really wanted to, I could control your men, rescue your men with your men, drop their stuff, and slaughter them all.
Good times.

35_zps79d23ddc.png
It's a good thing we have you, Lilina!

36_zps2ae7f5b1.png
Good to know. Just tell me if I need a Door Key, please. I'll steal it from the only guy here with it.

37_zpsd14bc7f3.png38_zps5694f5be.png39_zps6f2f185f.png
Fire Emblem does love killing off their parents.

40_zps4af0bad1.png
She's strong because Roy's with her.
Obligatory ship obligatory ship.

42_zpsfe299839.png
Wait. So this is Durandal.
How did the area get changed between FE7 and FE6? This is definitely not FE7's map.
Did Eliwood go into another volcano and place Durandal there? And this is now near Ostia. Where was the sacred area close to Ostia before?
Athos even warped Eliwood and co. there, didn't he?
Too many questions. I really do need to brush up on my FE7 story and history.

43_zps73f3a2a0.png44_zpsede425e6.png
Well, even Eliwood was called a child of Roland too. I guess I must have missed the part where Roland was Ostia's ancestor.

45_zps3dacb144.png
And thus FE7's subtitle that didn't get localized.

46_zps8dd8f342.png
Your dad, not Lilina's, wielded it to defeat a fire dragon.
I could almost imagine Hector using the Armands and Durandal if the Prof was instead a S rank for Durandal and Hector raised his sword rank to max.
That's some scary shit right there.

47_zpsd97b66ac.png
Roland raised the Durandal above his head and did what Lilina said here, so it says in legends.
It truly is a wonderful sword---but probably not one we're going to wield until near the end of the game.
Because broken game would happen.

48_zpsd6bd4cde.png
I don't even know HOW or WHY they did. This place must be extremely hot. Enough to melt the flesh off the bones.
Either they are the stupidest bandits ever or the most genius bandits ever in an FE game.

49_zpsba8f64ed.png
Good question. Please answer, Lilina.

50_zps2bb8ea47.png
Oh good. Take it away, Lilina.

51_zpse4e17502.png
Time for Lilina and other lower-leveled units to FEAST.

Turn 1 start

52_zpseeceae4a.png53_zpsf5a9f3b5.png
In left image, Myrmidon and Mage are hiding under mini map. The enemies in the right image are too far away. Combat for them will be on enemy phase.

Rutger with Iron Sword and Clarine set up base behind a lava tile to the west.
Deke has his Iron Swords in hand as he steps between two lava tiles to the north.
Roy and Lilina also hang around a lava tile.

54_zps036a7149.png
Left Cavalier is Lance. Astore moves to Allen's north.

Fighter misses Roy. Roy slaughters him outright.
I thought a Mercenary who hits Rutger would die by lava tile but Rutger proves me wrong by crit-killing him. That's what 16 crit does for you, I guess.
Mercenary misses Rutger. Rutger chips him for EXP.

55_zpsfa64d010.png
Still has yet to see double-digit Strength.

Hand Axe Fighter with Door Key misses Deke.
Archer shoots Deke.

Turn 2
56_zpsaf37766c.png

Apparently lava tiles don't work the same as it did in FE7. Certain ones activate after enemy phase.

57_zps255a5b2a.png

Roy rids the Archer. Weapon rank goes up.
Lilina kills the Mercenary Rutger weakened.
Shanna ends the Mage but takes 1 point of damage.
I'm risking Clarine a lava tile so she can heal Shanna and draw the Myrmidon to Rutger.
Deke gets rid of the Hand Axe Fighter.

Ending Turn 2 as such:
58_zps506a49eb.png

Myrmidon hits Rutger. Rutger kills back.

Turn 3
59_zps19be0c71.png

There's a Mage up north that Roy is in the range of. He doesn't seem to move.

Rutger moves back but still in range of the east Fighter. The other two have Hand Axes.
Clarine heals Rutger.
Lilina goes east as does Shanna.
I have Roy move south a space so Astore can move onto Roy's spot. There is a level 5 Fighter coming that I can have Lilina kill.
Lance and Allen do a Rescue-ferry and then drop so Lilina ends up south of Roy.

Turn 3 ending results:
60_zps4ea2a67c.png

Halberd Fighter misses Rutger. Rutger hacks into him twice.
Fighter from north turns out to have a Hand Axe. His throw misses Astore.

Turn 4:
61_zpsd84fe35f.png

Forgot to screenshot. The Halberd Fighter was killed by Rutger.

Astore weakens the Fighter with no difficulties.
Lilina takes that kill and is 9 EXP from leveling.
I have Clarine step two paces east so Rutger still has the support bonus.
Roy moves between Clarine and Lance.
Lance and Allen Rescue-Drop Lilina north of Roy. I hope to give her one of the Fighter kills down there since they're level 5.
Shanna and Jerrot move out of harm's way.

62_zps21d9dfdf.png
It's pretty easy so far. I hope some ambush spawns that are not like level 20 promotes are there to surprise me.

Hand Axe Fighter misses his chance at Roy.
Hand Axe Fighter also misses his chance but with Rutger.

Turn 5:
63_zps2f9712db.png

The west Fighter took lava tile damage.

Being the weakest due to WTD and a weak Slim Lance, Shanna is the only one without having to need a rescued unit to weaken the full-HP Fighter.

64_zps20b4ccf9.png
Except, you know, she kill-steals.
I know you're good but DAMMIT, Shanna.

Now I have to have someone weaken the already weakened Fighter by rescue-weight or just have Lilina use Elfire.

I have Rutger sit himself next to Clarine.
Roy moves to the space east of where Lilina will end up.
Lilina holds onto the Elfire and kills the Fighter.

65_zpsbf5083de.png
Lilina
That's terrible.

Deke moves next to Clarine so she can heal him.

Turn 5's ending results
66_zpsb57a8024.png

Other than an Archer moving, nothing happens on enemy phase so...

Turn 6

As much as I don't want to spend too long here, I figure this is supposed to be Lilina's feeding ground, which means she has to stick to a group and nobody else should be taking kills except Rutger with level 10s or even Astore since he's a Thief.

Since that Archer is coming down, I might as well have someone rescue another unit so they get weighed down. I still want Allen to get weapon EXP in sword so I have him place Deke on his horse and ride north.
Clarine heals Lilina's new HP.

67_zps9ee30f47.png
Everyone moves as such.

For this enemy phase, Lilina took damage for standing on a lava tile. That's okay. Clarine will get a level up from this.

68_zpseb959acc.png
:facepalm:

Shanna grips her Iron Lance as she can attack a Steel Axe Fighter across the gap.

Turn 6 results:
69_zpsf575d36e.png

Steel Axe Fighter manages to hit Shanna with his 25 hit 13 damage attack. Shanna misses her second attack.
Hand Axe Fighter confronts Astore for crappy results.

Turn 7
70_zps65e111b5.png

I can leave that Steel Axe Fighter there for now.

Roy takes out the Hand Axe Fighter. He's 2 EXP from leveling.
Allen softens up the Archer for Lance's Javelin throw.
Astore has Lance equip the Iron Lance and attacks the Mage to cripple him. He suffers no damage from this.
Lilina kills the Mage.
Shanna back up and Clarine heals her.

71_zps3accf320.png
Everyone else is in position.

A Mercenary goes for Roy. They both hit each other. Roy levels from chip EXP.

72_zpsd1824f13.png
Maybe Roy was the prototype for a male sword-wielding Troubadour.

Steel Sword Mercenary takes the Allen bait. They trade blows.

Turn 8 (pretend I didn't forget to screenshot the beginning again)
73_zps914a44b6.png

Lilina goes for the weaker leveled of the Mercenaries. She levels up.

74_zps88343627.png
She's one point of Magic away from being at Lugh's Magic. And Lugh's level 13. My boy, why.

Clarine heals Allen.
Time to draw in that northern Hand Axe Fighter. Lance equips the Iron Sword for extra dodge and moves in range of him.
Allen stands by Lance's side.
Rutger switches to the Steel Sword and slays the Mercenary.

75_zps8b49a580.png
Astore hides behind Allen, ending the turn.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Lance.

Turn 9
76_zps19b84057.png

Allen and Lance ride ahead together to confront the two Fighters and level 10 Mercenary.
Astore is being the best chipper for Lilina.
Lilina burns the Fighter dead.
After Roy moves, Clarine heals him.

77_zpsf09ab221.png
Jerrot goes to Shanna's east.

A Steel Axe Fighter goes for Allen and misses. Apparently, these Steel Axe Fighters are so slow that even Allen weighed down by Deke can double them. He's 3 EXP from leveling.
Yep. Another easy Steel Axe Fighter kill for Allen. Allen levels up.

78_zpsb3189fa0.png
Hop on the Res bus! And finally he gets D rank swords.

Turn 10
79_zpsef80277c.png

Mercenary doesn't move. Though I have a feeling that he will after he gets attacked. Better not let Lilina near him because even when weighed down by the Steel Sword, he doubles Lilina.
Roy and Lilina have B support access.

Clarine heals Lilina and has C Staves now.
Jerrot and Astore Rescue-Drop Rutger closer to the Mercenary.
Lilina can activate the support this time.

82_zps5dc8630e.png83_zps3f71a785.png
Yeah, girl! Don't space out after all the hard work I put into rescuing you and training you now!

84_zps81761132.png85_zpsd1ae35f5.png86_zps9a11430d.png
Well, it's certainly not in progress either. It's only been one chapter since C support.

90_zps0ae4a026.png91_zps9245c253.png92_zpsc48d0f94.png
Things can change and escalate quickly in a few years, so, yeah, I can believe big events such as war can happen.
Now what reasons for the war, I'm still unsure of. Zephiel is like "LIBERATION," but don't what is there to liberate Elibe from.

93_zps1350f781.png
No worries, Lilina. You will transcend what you were those years ago so you can be the ultimate Sage.

Mercenary can double Allen now and takes advantage of it. Allen strikes back.

Turn 11
95_zps8554b470.png

Mage also apparently doesn't move. Good to know.

Shanna with her Slim Lance will get in range of the Steel Axe Fighter past the Mage.
Clarine heals Allen.
Before, the Mercenary had a crit chance of 1% with Rutger. Clarine's now next to him so not anymore! Rutger has to kill this guy with his Iron Sword. He does so with no damage on counter. That's a level up for Rutger!

96_zps04a03007.png
Rutger pls
Double-digit Strength pls

97_zps91801d0a.png
I just noticed after moving Allen and Lance that they can now go to B support together. I'll do that next turn if I can.
Jerrot moves to Shanna's north.

Steel Axe Fighter goes for Shanna. No dice for him but Shanna weakens him to 3 HP.

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 8x-2 - *Magic Users +HP Levels*]
Turn 12, scrolled down for enemy placement
98_zpsa15480aa.png

I'm coming up to that Killing Edge Mercenary. Who won't double the Mercenary and has quite a bit of Defense is Jerrot, so I think I'll have him square off with the Mercenary.

Lilina enters into direct combat with the Fighter but has a guaranteed victory.
Jerrot move into range of the Mage, Mercenary, and Archer. He is equipped with the Steel Sword for better evasion against the Mage and Archer.
Rutger eats an Elfire before cutting down the Mage.
Clarine heals Rutger.

99_zps8c6d5d5e.png
Here is Turn 12's ending results before I have Lance support with Allen.

B support, go!

100_zpsec336cba.png
Yes, Lance. But have you noticed in this battle that Allen needed to give the enemies a handicap so his awesomeness doesn't blow them away?
Please don't underestimate my lord and savior.

101_zps5618eeea.png
Very appropriate for what Allen has been doing this map.

102_zps0fbcfd99.png
Not likely to happen, but go on.

103_zpsf1b25d8f.png104_zps4e20ce1a.png
Shut up, Lance. Don't jinx it.
I am NOT pulling an FE11.

105_zps10e7da5e.png106_zpse4ff342c.png
Okay, Lance, I know I've given you a hard time, but Anima/Fire support and your Speed with Allen's all-around... awesomeness, I guess?... have been doing good so far!
There's no need to off yourself when you've been contributing as long as you have to this team! Please!

107_zps875991d8.png109_zps03274134.png
ON SECOND THOUGHT
GO AHEAD
I CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE ALLEN

110_zpsf148bce9.png
These are some true bros right here.
It's beautiful. I might even shed a tear.

111_zps78b767a1.png113_zps9926d94e.png114_zps35de8831.png115_zps14a1c057.png
Oh crap. Allen's laying the smack down on Lance using... logic?!
The hot-headed one? Logic?!

117_zps9b870f2f.png118_zpsafe1d78d.png119_zps3fc88614.png
The finest of bros.

120_zpsee7afdbc.png
I think Allen might be my favorite character in FE6 right now.

Turn 13

No enemies moved. Huh. Well.
Though Rutger did get burned by lava tile so I'll need to patch up my buddy.
Also might as well get rid of that Fighter that I know does move.

Jerrot moves in front of the Mercenary with his Steel Lance.
Astore attempts to protect Shanna.
Lilina moves in range of the Fighter while Roy stands next to her.
Rutger steps a pace south while Clarine heals him.
Lance goes in front of Allen for protection.

Turn 13 ending results
121_zpscccf7b91.png

122_zpsdcd8f648.png
CALLED IT
Jerrot strikes back for 16 damage.

Fighter misses Lilina and Lilina secures a victory. More power for Lilina!

123_zps5cb48218.png
WHY ARE MY MAGIC USERS GETTING JUST HP LEVEL UPS THIS MAP

Roy gets lava tile damage.

The only real change between Turn 13 and 14 now is the absence of that one Fighter.

Shanna goes in for a swift kill to the Killing Edge Mercenary. Good riddance!
After Roy and Lilina move, Clarine heals Roy.
Jerrot has Shanna switch to the Javelin and moves away.

124_zps62d22c08.png
Everyone else has moved by this point.

Oh, the Myrmidon moves now! He hits Astore and Astore weakens him.
Mage hits Shanna and Shanna misses one of her attacks.

Turn 14
126_zpsd19795f5.png

Let's clean up the rest of these enemies.
In order of highest levels: Myrmidon (8), Mage (7), Archer (6).
Think we'll have Shanna, Lance, and Lilina, in order, take these kills. Lance and Shanna are close to leveling after this.

Shanna kills the Myrmidon quick. She's 5 EXP from 100.
Astore steals a Vulnerary from the Mage for steal EXP.
Allen slashes at the Archer to soften him up.
Thanks, Lance. Both he and the Mage have a dodge party. He missed both of his 70 hit attacks! Argh!
Welp. I don't want the Mage to hit Astore and Astore ending up dying because of the lava tile he's on. Lilina kills the Mage.
Rutger kills the Archer.

127_zps48c6d175.png
Clarine will heal Jerrot to end the turn.

128_zpsa591d83f.png
Not Magic but she got some rare stat increases so I guess that will do.

Jerrot, Rutger, and Allen get hit by the lava tiles.

Turn 15 enemy placement
129_zps87adbd86.png

Time to draw out that Aircalibur Mage if I can.

Lances goes up with his Javelin.
Allen accompanies him from the rear.

130_zps3582fa7b.png
We'll be out of the lava tiles soon.

Turn 16. I guess the Aircalibur Mage doesn't move.

Allen goes up to support Lance as Lance encounters the Aircalibur Mage. Lance misses one of his attacks and the Mage hits him. Lance, stop it!
It's risky but I guess Shanna will need to take out the Mage. It's not risky because of the Mage but because of the two Steel Axe, level 10 Fighters nearby. Even if their hit is crappy, I've been having the worst luck at times.
Clarine heals Shanna.
Shanna ends the Mage before he can react. Shanna levels up.

131_zps25ef7fde.png
More Speed and Luck is appreciate for this deadly mission.

132_zpsfc6eed04.png
Jerrot takes and drops Deke so Deke can maybe get some action on this map after so long.

Shanna's living this chapter since she dodged a Fighter's attack. She weakens him for good measure.
She dodges the other attack too.

133_zps1d33cffc.png
And does a "Hi Bye" in retaliation.

Turn 17
134_zps4be213e1.png

I've calculated what Lilina would get from killing the Fighter. I say sorry to Deke because she's getting this kill.

135_zps58bc0ef0.png
Much better, Lilina.

Clarine heals Jerrot.
Jerrot heads to the boss with his Javelin.

136_zps03a7cc6e.png137_zps655f07d3.png138_zps18abc623.png
Sigh.
How did YOU?
And that's okay. We do need your EXP in our pool anyways.

Jerrot misses.
Shanna has Jerrot switch to the Hand Axe on Henning's counter.

We end Turn 17 as such:
139_zpse101b6c2.png

Henning and Jerrot miss.

Turn 18 rolls in...

Alright. Accuracy again is going to be an issue.
Also, I look around the walls with Roy and Astor as they have Door Keys. No place to put Door Keys. I really wonder what this Door Key is for...
My most accurate units are going to be Roy, Rutger, and Lilina, for example. Especially now that Henning is on his Hand Axe.
Might as well try to get chip EXP for Lance so he can level up.

Clarine heals Lance.
Allen moves so Lance will get support bonus and null out Henning's 3% crit chance.
Lance with his Iron Sword has a go with Henning. Lance hits and dodges. What does Lance get?

140_zps31b39b96.png
POWER UP.

Shanna and Deke Rescue-Drop Lance out of harm's way.

Turn 19

Clarine heals Allen.

141_zps36372c91.png
Acceptable.

142_zps475d5550.png
1/2 crits

Lance and Allen Rescue-Drop Rutger next to Clarine.

Turn 20

143_zps782402be.png
2/2 crits

Who to get the boss kill? I think Shanna or Lance will get 100 EXP out of him. Shanna would have a disadvantage at this moment, though. She's also close to leveling up unlike Lance so...

Deke hits the boss and gets picked up by Shanna. He finally contributes again!

144_zps62d12696.png
Go, Lance! For not giving up unlike your support!

146_zps594bea6c.png
Did you? I thought a base in a volcano was genius for warding off intruders.

That was a perfect level up. What does Lance get?

147_zps49386619.png
Myrmidon on horse continues to ride.
And now Lance is at the same level as Allen.

Clarine heals Lilina.
Clarine is getting close to a level herself. I think I'll spend a few turns healing just to get her up a level.

148_zps5408a6a9.png
Tankhorse

I look around the room again to see if there is a place to put the Door Key. Still no such place.
I guess I have to Seize.

149_zps6e1392d7.png
Oh. Okay.
THEN WHAT WAS THIS DOOR KEY FOR?

150_zpsbfd0d34c.png
And heavy. Eliwood couldn't double with it, could he?

151_zps39adb73a.png
Many aren't sword-users in the first place, but I wonder if this has significance.

152_zpsdf209f79.png153_zpsd7912d98.png
So this is why Roland was small in FE7.
So the kids in Japan could go, "The legends were true..."

154_zps159768b0.png
Haha. Roy, please. You need to bust through the glass ceiling first, THEN we can talk about you using Durandal.

155_zps2491c97d.png
Even Lilina acknowledges your glass ceiling status.

156_zps7e25827c.png
If only you knew.

157_zpsafb4cbc2.png
We get the "TOO HEAVY" sword.

158_zps6108e1ca.png
Well that's not good. I can't even use the Durandal yet.

159_zps3623fc26.png
Roy rushes out of that volcano, makes it back to Ostia (how?), and confronts these people.

160_zpse9df5eac.png
It's Narcian.
I told Saul this already but I'll hand the memo to you too.
Don't touch my girls.

161_zps52d35770.png
Narcian knows Roy's name and thanks him for ridding Legance.
Sure? It was beneficial to me too.
Legance's EXP will go into my power of killing you mercilessly later.

162_zpsde68412f.png163_zps64812eec.png
Roy's gloves are off.

164_zps2654cc61.png
We be getting stronger all day every day.

165_zps52cfaeae.png
I guess swords can be used by Narcian. Wyvern Lords at this time could use swords.

166_zpsfe90c642.png
Oh?

167_zpsb2444505.png
Is that the Mage General's crew coming to save us? Look at all them magical units and cavalry.
Ready to be wrecked, Narcian?

168_zps8e2c0e6d.png
Yay, Etruria.

169_zpsbfccc467.png
Perceval.
I get this guy later. I'm sure about this.
Paladin count: 3
When Allen and/or Lance gets promoted: 4/5
All the Paladins!

170_zps972f0f87.png
You didn't have to tell Narcian but yay, reinforcements!

171_zps2e63d734.png
Mages vs. Wyverns. Good battle.
Especially Aircalibur Mages.

172_zpsf649f0d3.png
Yeah! Cecilia! Thanks for coming to our aid!

173_zps40156d9e.png
gg Narcian

174_zpsec17ce01.png175_zpsc42062db.png
Is he now? Good. I have this guy on my team eventually.

176_zpsf7d7b952.png
Bye!

178_zps91010203.png
Hi, Perceval.

179_zps640c05c2.png180_zps9819e853.png
Thanks.

181_zps02f18985.png
Damn. Cecilia has such resolve to go up against her king.

182_zpsb1af8930.png
"She almost died. Now, tally-ho!"

183_zps4d911afb.png
"My planet needs me."

185_zpsebd21d29.png
I've seen worse. Be glad he's your ally and not your enemy.

186_zps06551150.png
We've been baking in a volcano. Some of my units were burned by geysers of lava. I hope you understand that, yes, I'm "a little tired."

187_zps4dd9499c.png
You only asked her, Roy. It was well within her options to turn it down for any reason. No need to apologize.

188_zps9843d6b6.png
Oh?

190_zpse3b913e2.png191_zps262e379f.png192_zps50e289a8.png
Mmm. Sneaky!

194_zps701d6312.png195_zpsf310e787.png
Good. I hate feeling like I'm in debt. My units aren't promoted outside of the prepromotes. There was probably no way for me to take on that many Wyvern Riders and the Wyvern Lord at once.

196_zpse8892a2c.png
Please join my team while you're at it!

197_zpsb685402b.png
I'm not sure when in the timeline that was. I did enter the Tutorial thing but now I can't remember when in the timeline that was.

198_zps46ea78b9.png
Is this evidence that Roy/Cecilia support is a thing?
I've heard of Roy's harem but not who constitutes in it.

Durandal is now in our possession. Lilina has feasted on many a warrior that she is now level 6. Perhaps she may catch up with Lugh soon.
Etruria is on my side. Now where do we go from here?

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         11.07    28      9      10      11       9       7       7
Allen      Cavalier     13.24    31     12      10      13       8       8       1
Lance      Cavalier     13.01    30     10      11      16       6       6       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.01    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Deke       Mercenary     9.49    29     10      14      12       7       7       1
Lot        Fighter       7.34    33     10       6       8       3       5       1
Shanna     Peg Knight   12.60    23(+7)  9      12      19      14       6       7
Chad       Thief         7.75    21      7       6      15       8       3       0
Lugh       Mage         13.19    20      8      13      11       9       6       7
Clarine    Troubadour    8.06    17      3       7       9      11       4       8
Rutger     Myrmidon     11.69    28      9      15      16       6       5       2
Saul       Priest        8.55    23      5       9      11       3       2       6
Sue        Nomad         1.65    18      5       7       8       4       5       0
Lilina     Mage          6.02    20      8       5       7       6       2       7
Astore     Thief        10.75    25      7       8      15      11       7       3

Reset: 2
Lost: 1
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad

Henning always gave me a somewhat hard time, especially on hard mode.

Durandal get! I'd recommend saving the divine weapons for the final two chapters. If I remember correctly, Deke, Noah, (promoted of course) and one other unit (I know who it is, just not spoiling it) are the only sword users who can wield the Durandal without AS loss, so it's something to keep in mind for the endgame.

Edited by Monado Boy

Man your guys are kind of underleveled. Or maybe that's just my experience with arena abuse. Either way, you may want to start benching a few guys to funnel more Exp into your..."better" units.

Also, friggin Percival is here! That guy is super cool.. He just shows up and is all like "get out or die." Awesome.

@Dual Dragons: Would knowing which chapters the gaidens are in (but without knowing the actual requirements, so you can keep resetting the chapter if you fail to get the gaiden and struggle to figure out the requirements) be too spoiler-y...or do we get to have fun watching you try to figure out every chapter if there could be a gaiden and struggling as a result?

Also, Durandal is absolutely awesome...those stats <3

Edited by elf_01

@Monado Boy: Noah, huh? That's pretty commendable for the guy. I could definitely try Noah in another playthrough.

@momogeek2141: I've definitely been thinking of that. I would say lack of arena abuse and little too much EXP spreading. I'm thinking of dropping Lot and Sue (maybe wait for the second nomad). Chad is viable to be replaced by Astore (just basing off of bases) and Deke has been seeing little play since Rutger joined.

@The Taninator: Haven't looked into the recent spoilers but I already did get spoiled about one of them. I'll look into yours after Chapter 9 is posted.

@elf_01: I'll be announcing this one but I didn't want you to think you were forgotten.

In regards to the best ending, I would like to ask everyone's opinion on it. I'm willing to do normal ending or best ending, but I figure I am supposed to be entertaining everyone and this was labeled as "blind-ish" so... perhaps a polling would do.

If the majority want best ending, either: a) let me know what has a gaiden chapter and let me try to figure out the requirements (top three attempts would be: someone needs to be alive, levels gained in chapter, and turn limit) or, b) give a hint about the requirement.

If the majority just want me to be blind, it most likely will default to normal ending.

I can put a poll up for those that maybe look at the thread but don't respond, but I will still be considering any suggestions made from posts.

I will start on Chapter 9 after I get home. :)

Edited by Dual Dragons

I definitely think the best ending is worth getting, and I'm a fan of method a) (letting you know which chapters have gaidens and watching you try to figure out how to get them), as in my mind that's sort of like seeing a character/knowing they're recruitable but not knowing how to do so (see: Cath) and I think it'll be fun to see how you try to get them.

So far people want me to get the best ending. I guess the poll can run until the next chapter with a gaiden requirement comes up. :)

*This first half of the two-parter ends before Turn 5's start.

I honestly don't know where we're going. Game, please tell me.

[spoiler=Chapter 9-1 - *Please Die, Lilina*]
1_zps8cae2c04.png
What is this music? I actually like it. It's cheery.
Yeah! We drove Narcian away. That was the best part.

2_zpse332f163.png
I'm still holding out for Milady.
She's probably going to attack me but I don't care.

3_zpsd0690139.png
Obviously planning something. But what?

5_zps0944f73b.png6_zpsd119c7c6.png
This will of course not end well.

7_zps42be2048.png
I guess. If that's how it works.

9_zps693b3cc0.png
Call it Parent-Sick-itus but I'm pretty sure Eliwood's not going to be living for that much further.

11_zps007479ef.png12_zpsa53085a3.png
Not likely to last long. It's Bern. Come on.

13_zps0d1cb27f.png
My efforts made the boy a leader, yaaaaay.

14_zpsad6b49fd.png
What.
No.
This is Bern we're talking about. Don't let down your guard so easily!

15_zps0f88fb79.png
I thought Cecilia said we didn't have a debt. She lied to me.

16_zps02cc2fd2.png
!
So THIS is why I need to bring a character.
Yes, yes. Indeed.

22_zpsb876c77c.png
If I didn't remember about the Western Isles, I should have remembered about the mining.
And if I didn't, well, that might be because of deployment slots.

23_zpsa4784e57.png
Oh no.
No... no, no, no, no.
I know that sprite on the right.
It's never good news.

24_zpscbaca537.png
It had to come at some point.
Fog of War.

So I would think, based on that narration, that this would be a Rout map. But who am I kidding? It's like all Seize.

25_zpsc2ead17b.png
This mini map is a little disingenuous. The right bridge on the mini map is represented by green land, but this is inconsistent with the left bridges marked with obviously wooden planks.
Also, I am not sure why that little island on the left is cut-off awkwardly on the mini map.
But as can be seen, this map is one that is going to bottleneck my units because of the bridges and my lack of units that can cross the water.

27_zpsc2232b25.png
Tile-wide gaps like these means I can do a quick Rescue-Drop in one turn. They're not real good shortcuts but they are one turn Rescue-Drop areas.

29_zpsf372fab4.png30_zps2e57ad0f.png
These villages are on opposite sides of the map. The bottom-left village can't be gotten there in a decent amount of time without dropping off a unit via Shanna or Shanna doing a solo mission. Same could be said about the northern ones but at least they're on the path to the castle.
Also, Armory and Vendor. Will need to check what's up there.

31_zpsa6a6bf64.png
This time it's a castle to Seize, so 10 less avoid than a throne. Whatever the sprite they're going to call it this game (Pain, Agony, whatever it is) probably is the boss.
At least it's not like those Fog of War maps where the boss moves.
Or the Fog of War maps at the desert.

32_zps79f2e192.png
Forts to summon reinforcements, of course. It'd be better if they were turn-based.

34_zpsfd74851e.png35_zpsd9daae10.png36_zps9e0a50bc.png
I don't know if there's more classes but there's at least three shown thanks to Astore (who seems to have 10 sight; didn't FE7 have 7 for the Thief units?)
Nothing too spectacular from the Pirates other than I better not let them in the sea tiles.
Fighters are strong. They have decent Speed so some of my units can't double (i.e. Lilina).
Archers are also not too shabby with the Speed.
I'd like to point out that as I'm flipping through my images right now, the Pirate and Fighter, despite being, you know, the same model, are actually placed at different places of the box. I... never noticed that.

37_zpsc826ccbc.png
Of course, there are Poison Axes just to try to piss you off in Fog of War. 50 base hit, though, so as bad as the Hand Axes.

Before I go on to pick the units, here's the Durandal's stats.

38_zps44e3835c.png
Don't know if the stats were buffed or lowered in FE7 but 12 weight is double Roy's weight. Yeah. I can't say even with a horse he's going to be wielding this thing so easily.
Allen or Lance can't either with promotion. I'm sad.

After some inventory clean-up, I've selected my fighters.

39_zpsc537b3fd.png
I was thinking of having Chad tag along so he can provide visibility but I think Astore and the Torch staff should be good enough. If not, Deke will probably be replaced.
I unfortunately need to bring Noah. "Unfortunately" because he takes up a deployment slot. The enemies aren't up to Lugh's level so I dropped him.

At the Trade Armory, I sold off the Red Gems.

40_zps0fad86f4.png
Jerrot's in front for a reason that will be explained. I've also given him a 1 use Javelin.

Starting now.

41_zpsb83bbda8.png
No joke.

42_zpsca9bea4a.png
I think I recognize this tune. It's... eh. It definitely got changed in FE7 to be slower.
Also, there's Pain/Agony/whatever the heck they are each game.

43_zps25d792bd.png
Fog of War is pretty much BS for this reason. Enemies can see and attack me in the fog but my units are like "Nooooo!"

44_zps96dda5dc.png
I have a Torch staff.
Speaking of the Torch staff, wasn't there a glitch found that it can do basically the Mine Glitch? I never even heard that one until recently.
It's some interesting stuff.

46_zps24ca2d1b.png
Oi. Yeah. They did slow them down in FE7 and with more clearer sounds. This would definitely need some getting used to upon subsequent plays.
It's no worries, Cecilia. I'll be needing the EXP anyways.

48_zps54ed221e.png
Always got to be at least one corrupt politician.

50_zpsd85fb4f5.png51_zps12bd5623.png52_zps922b6e3f.png
Of course there's always people who are going to go, "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT SO HUMPH" and do whatever they want, king's permission or no king's permission be damned.

Roy asks how does the High Chancellor and Lord Arcardo have the power they do.

54_zps7a2e6e9b.png55_zpsad63c07b.png
He was murdered, wasn't he?

57_zpscec80745.png60_zps290378cf.png61_zpsd527a2b1.png
Sneaky!
Except, no, not really.
No one's just standing up to Roartz is all.

63_zpsce9ac723.png64_zpsd5dd58e4.png
Wait. Hang on a second.
Wasn't it the king who Cecilia confronted so she could help Roy protect Ostia?
If the king is so detached from reality, why would she confront him?
Shouldn't she have confronted Roartz?

65_zps4171d4f1.png
This is what I get when I write the script while doing screenshots.

66_zps2e3f9d98.png
Makes sense.

68_zpsca81573d.png
Sounds like a good plan. We'll get levels.

70_zps0495468b.png
Good. I don't want either Lycia or Guinivere to get captured.

71_zpsf517dd6c.png
Sorry, Guinivere, but I think I've had my share of captured girls for quite a while.
I'm just jinxing myself, aren't I?

75_zpsf06e838a.png76_zps63e4ed09.png
Yeah. She's promoted unlike my units, barring the prepromotes. I think you'll be safer in Etruria.

77_zps7a7c0a68.png
Roy will be permanently safe. He's the Lord character, after all.
I can't help that he will be safe since I'll be forced to restart if he dies. Yay.

Turn 1
78_zpsb3060851.png

Now I can show off why I had Jerrot in the front.

Jerrot rushes for the Hand Axe Pirate and throws the 1 use Javelin while the Pirate misses. I toss out the dull Javelin.
Shanna kills the Hand Axe Pirate with her Slim Lance and with no injury.
I have a plan for Astore so I have him visit the house for this turn.

80_zpse99a885e.png
Oh don't tell me I needed to bring Sue too.

82_zpsc838d45d.png
Okay... Don't know what that means to me but okay.

83_zps000603a8.png
Getting rid of that Hand Axe Pirate now paves the way for everyone to start moving south. Rutger equips the Steel Sword so if the Steel Axe Pirate comes for him, he should die on enemy phase and I won't be blocked from continuing forward.
South Cavalier is Lance and east Cavalier is Noah.

Yeah, Pirate went for Rutger. After the Pirate misses with his pitiful 6 hit, Rutger finishes him off quickly. He's 11 EXP from leveling.

Turn 2
84_zps046e1b4c.png

Oh hi, Mercenary! Let me take a shot of him.

85_zps6f97a263.png
I may not be able to do my plan as I wished with this guy around.

The Mercenary and Archer are carrying Antitoxins. With the horrendous hit along with the Fighters' bad Skill, I won't need them.

Let's have Saul use the Torch staff---

86_zpsd1bc581f.png
Huh? Why is there only one green range listed?

87_zps539cd283.png
This game never ceases to amaze me.
I mean... why?

I guess I'm going to have to loiter about this turn since that's a Hand Axe Fighter over there. Don't want to risk Shanna getting clipped by an Archer that's hiding in the fog either.
I have a plan. Shanna rescues Lilina and moves a space south where she originally was.

Or, well, I HAD a plan to have Lilina fight the Fighter on enemy phase but I botched up where she should land.
I can be risky here since Lilina's avoid should make the Fighter's hit go down to the 30s.

GREAT RISK, GREAT REWARD.

Jerrot drops Lilina and moves away.

88_zps216241e1.png
Five space sight for Jerrot?
So I WAS right. The visibility for units was adjusted.
Okay.

Might as well have Saul use the Torch staff so he can get EXP.

89_zps9c99de93.png
South Cavalier is Lance. North Cavalier is Noah.
Well, moment of truth is once I have Astore wait.

Go!

90_zps77c69349.png
OH DON'T PROLONG THE INEVITABLE NOW
Also, Scott? Really?
And yeah, it's Fir. If it wasn't for the fact I was spoiled, I should have gotten the hint when it started to talk about the Western Isles and the miner stuff.

92_zps7fc0cf12.png
More fighting.
Oh god, she's not an ambush spawn, is she?

93_zps2d7ba157.png
No Fir. Please don't believe this guy.

95_zpsa83dee1d.png
Aaaaaand she is.
Great. She's a legit ambush spawn, I know it.

97_zps459dca86.png
"I'd like to fight them myself, but I can't leave this castle [or throne]." --every boss in Binding Blade, 2002

98_zps8bd2ffd7.png
Send Fir out in the fog. So she can possibly hold a Killing Edge and have me restart me.
Thanks a lot, game. I'm glad we have this great relationship.

100_zpse9443286.png
Oh what now.

101_zps6dd2fba3.png
Oh, okay. So I possibly have to recruit Fir and then she'll recruit Shin?
If that's the case, good. I got Noah.

102_zps3eca3acc.png
I missed the shot where the cursor was over there but basically I should know where their positions are now.

103_zps34ad17eb.png
More Sacaens. Sure.

107_zps8213b821.png109_zpse610359d.png
Aw. Fir's trying so hard to talk to Shin, but Shin might as well be the reincarnation of Rath.

112_zpsa7b49b9d.png
Money? I'll pay you more. Join my side.

113_zps0536959f.png
NO
STOP PROLONGING WHAT HAPPENS WITH LILINA

Fir asks what brings him out around these parts.

117_zps1aec21f6.png
Ohhhhh, that's right. Because they say that the Myrmidons in FE7 were all Sacaens.
I honestly forget that Karel and Karla are Sacaens if that's true.

118_zps1d0cb15d.png119_zpsf6b052dc.png
She's smart when it comes to these things.
But not when it comes to the Pirates.
Fir, please.

121_zpsf023cbfb.png123_zps7ac883f1.png
OH NO. I AM SUPPOSED TO BRING SUE.
LILINA. LILINA PLEASE.
I'M SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT
YOU NEED TO DIE RIGHT NOW SO I CAN RESTART
AND GET SHIN
I DON'T WANT TO INTENTIONALLY OFF SOMEONE
SO PLEASE DIE IN THE TWO CONFRONTATIONS

124_zps0934176c.png125_zps863a764a.png
Good. This conversation is over.

126_zps16905380.png
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HOW LONG DOES THIS GO ON?!

128_zpsb7d125f5.png
Looting from bodies. What a jerk.

130_zps53ec23eb.png
Yeah, about the Wo Dao
Never really used it

132_zps1524e45f.png135_zps667200c3.png
Yay. That's all over.
Now Lilina can possibly die.

136_zpsa7ad6bc2.png
DAMMIT
Lilina hits him with two bolts.

Archer misses Lilina. He gets struck by lightning.

Turn 3
137_zpsa54f8eeb.png

So.
If I can't restart because someone dies, I can't get Shin. That's just terrific.
I could intentionally throw someone at enemies so I could restart like that but that would be horrible.
My life is forfeit.

Shanna attacks the Mercenary with her Slim Lance. I am planning to give that to Lilina. Except not anymore because she crit-kills. She's 6 EXP from leveling.
Lilina uses the last use of Fire to kill the Archer.
Roy kills the Fighter.

With Noah and another unit, I plan to have Shanna ferry them over the mountain so Noah can get to the village and Fir quicker. Only thing to worry about is that the Wo Dao does have a higher crit chance.

Saul uses the Torch staff for EXP. One more Torch use and he levels up.

139_zps172cb384.png
Hi Mage that I revealed after Torch use.

I'll have Noah visit the south house.

141_zpsc8b7fb50.png142_zps6e9df152.png
Uh... huh. Whatever that means. I don't even know what resistance you're talking about.

Noah uses the last bit of movement towards the mountain.

143_zpsdb901169.png
Don't want Jerrot to take much kill EXP so I'll plant him here. Allen is the northwest Cavalier.

Turn 4. Nothing came at me from enemy phase.

I move Astore first so I can see more.

144_zps59248e4c.png
There we go.

Clarine and Jerrot does a Rescue-Drop with Rutger so he can get in range of the Poison Axe Fighter.

145_zps1da70929.png
Revealed a Mercenary.

Jerrot moves back towards Shanna.
I have Shanna rescue Jerrot and stop two spaces south of Astore. I thought Cavaliers could move across mountains but Noah near mountains proved me wrong. Jerrot may be able to since he's a Paladin.
Saul uses up a Torch staff use for a level up.

146_zps410d6b5a.png
+HP and +Spd is pretty cool.

Noah will move to Shanna's east so he can get ready to be ferried over the mountains.

Fighter misses. Rutger does one hit before he crit-kills.

148_zps6f1c24ac.png
Very good level up. Double-digit Strength has been confirmed.
I may need to sacrifice Shin for this. Sorry, bro.

Mercenary misses Rutger. Rutger strikes back.
There was a Hand Axe Fighter hiding in the fog. He misses.

[spoiler='Chapter 9-2 - *Rutger Vs. the Pirate Army*]
Turn 5
149_zps452b2e62.png

First order of business:

150_zps25e14478.png
Yes. Jerrot can be dropped onto the mountain. He's already equipped with a Hand Axe. Let's do this.
Afterwards, Shanna moves out of range and ready to pick up Noah.

Lilina kills the Mercenary in direct combat. She levels up.

151_zps1442e3d8.png
These level ups make it harder to not do the sacrifice.

Astore moves up so we can see further ahead.

152_zpsb1c3f18e.png
Hi guys

Roy can't kill the Hand Axe Fighter so I have him do chip EXP. He doesn't get damaged in this encounter.
Rutger wraps around to the Fighter's north and kills him.
Clarine heals Rutger while in the forest.
Allen gets in range of the other Poison Axe Fighter. Lance covers his rear.

We end Turn 5 with (Jerrot, Shanna, and Noah off-screen):
153_zpsb0e419f0.png

Well, I think I see Fir now in sight! It's that or a Myrmidon.
Allen outright slaughters the Fighter on counter.

154_zpsaa60fe0a.png
The power of a mountain bestows Jerrot with such magnificent battle prowess.

Pirate misses Jerrot. Jerrot only hits the Pirate once.
lolPirate with 1 hit 3 damage Hand Axe attack misses Jerrot. This Pirate had enough HP that Jerrot couldn't kill him in two strikes.
Thunder Mage has a 3 crit chance with Jerrot. Too bad 34 hit means his misses. Jerrot misses his chance to kill the Mage but he does hit him once.

Turn 6
156_zps27def62e.png

Welp. I thought Fir was staying where the cursor was before.
Noah is too far away. I guess I have to have everyone back up or have her tackle on someone she or the person can't kill.

But let's take a look at Fir.

157_zps469a1746.png158_zps3737992f.png159_zps2c93f72d.png
Fir. Okay, they weren't kidding when they said she would likely die. Thankfully, unlike Rutger who ambush spawns, Fir is bit easier to avoid since a Thief or Torch staff should see her coming.
She has Fire affinity which is a major boon for a Myrmidon. If I build a support with her and Noah's Anima, I could see the two working really well. Only problem is that I probably don't have enough room for the two.
That and she will need some babying. I'm honestly not bad with babying but I probably shouldn't attempt that on a blind run with ambush spawns.

Now I don't have to have Noah get ferried. Noah moves north.
Jerrot gets rid of the Mage.

Now for Fir, I'll need to move people around so she cannot encounter anybody.

Lance and Allen equip Javelins and get in range of the south Archer.
Clarine heals Saul and shatters the useless Heal staff.

160_zpsaf8c3e12.png
Jerrot's off-screen. Allen's the west Cavalier. but everyone's in position. Let's go!

Fir moves in but can't reach. Silly Fir!
Steel Axe Pirate misses Jerrot. Jerrot performs the first crit-kill with a Hand Axe, I believe.
Poison Axe Pirate and Jerrot have a dodge party.
Archer attacks Allen and misses. Allen kills him.
Archer misses Jerrot. Jerrot ends him.

Turn 7
161_zps5b9c9d6d.png

All that's left for Jerrot is a Poison Axe and Steel Axe Pirate.

162_zps93bb4d53.png
Time for you to get on my team, you little scamp!

163_zpsb60efe7f.png
That's MY Wo Dao now!

165_zps82db3585.png166_zpsbc06439a.png
Now, now. Flirt off the battlefield.

169_zps4d71f28f.png
Stop this right now, Fir. I ain't doing anything of the sort.

170_zps66924279.png
Stop cutting into his words. Let the man speak.

173_zps629a0137.png174_zps2ca2daf2.png
Seriously. Scott.

175_zps4adbc530.png176_zps2c956d0a.png
Actually, Noah, those are forest tiles.

177_zps42195033.png
Get on out of here! Scat! Shoo!

179_zpsf5fda83d.png180_zpse86c2e47.png182_zps61581a90.png
Makes sense in context, I guess. Karla did get with Bartre.
Though the problem there is I'm not judging him by his looks. I judge him on his stats.
2 Speed forever and ever and ever--

184_zps71490096.png
I could always use new blood.

186_zps6707c1e6.png
Thanks for doing the enlisting for me, Noah!

Noah's purpose is done. I could perhaps use him for Rescue-Dropping/Rescue-ferrying for the rest of the map.

I move him a space east incase of enemy fire.
Astore attacks the Fighter for some chip EXP. He also moves ahead to do some fog scouting. What does he see beyond?

187_zps7fdd1b0d.png
Yeah, I'm not getting him this game, am I?
Sigh.
Okay, Shin. Might as well check your stats before I murder you.

188_zps93be82ec.png189_zpsa6f1b330.png
Shin. Honestly, he probably would be the best Nomad out of him and Sue by the fact you don't have to raise him from level 1 using EXP that everyone else could use at that point.
I regret not being able to get this guy now unless Fir and/or Roy can and just tell him that we have Sue. More than likely can't because Sue is an optional character.
He even comes with a Short Bow which is nice before you get the Killer.
I'm very sad right now. I can't have my pseudo-Rath.

Shanna's going to level up if she gets the Fighter kill. I have her equip the Javelin because Shin could snipe her if she goes direct. She kills the Fighter.

190_zpsc4f1fcf1.png
I'm so sorry, Shin.
Now I don't want to restart the map.
I'm very sorry!

Jerrot switches to the Steel Sword, sinks into the forest, and outright murders the Steel Axe Pirate. By WTA, the guy didn't have a chance (0 hit). That's a level up for Jerrot.

191_zpsd3df70f5.png
Not a bad level up.
I'M SO SORRY, SHIN.

Allen and Lance hold onto their Iron Swords and block the way from Shin possibly crit-killing Astore.
Saul heals Shanna.
Clarine heals Saul.

192_zps57a5720a.png
Jerrot off-screen. Everyone moves into their positions.

Shin goes for Lance. No quote even. WELP. Shin hits Lance.
Jerrot brutally murders the Poison Axe Pirate.

Turn 8
193_zpse0b4abdb.png

I'm going to try to recruit Shin.
Allen moves south. Can Fir recruit Shin? Nope.
My last chance would be Roy. If not, well, sorry Shin.
I'm really, really sorry.

I have Clarine heal Lance and move around people so I can Rescue-Drop her away.
Jerrot moves closer to the village.

194_zps46b65a26.png
Now isn't that a curious sight. I did a last minute move with Astore. Hang on a second.

195_zpsaa796873.png196_zps8bb449d6.png
The boss, Scott. I swear he's using a different Berserker sprite.
Do you see something very threatening about Scott? I do. 64 CRIT, REALLY?!
Granted, that's from the Killer Axe--but that's only part of it! He's getting the Berserker crit bonus.
Now, of course, since he has the crappy Hand Axe, I can switch him to that, remove a good half of the crit chance, and have him lose 15 hit. Lose another 10 when encountering a sword-user and that's my best chance of killing him.
Of course, designated boss-weakener Rutger will do 6 damage from the Killing Edge (14 total Def, Scott has). If he manages a crit, that's 18. He needs two crits to get Scott weak enough for a kill.
Rutger actually has enough Speed to just double Scott with the Killing Edge. It's very possible to get the two crits in one round.
Being a level 3 Berserker, a level 14 unit will get 100 EXP from him. I don't have a level 14 unit right now but Allen is very close to that.

197_zps0c30cfed.png
I did a little more moving. Now let's end the turn.

Shin still likes shooting at Lance.

Turn 9

Welp, I can't recruit Shin. Roy gets up to him and no Talk.

198_zps673ff8fe.png
Haaaaaa.
See you next game, Shin?

Allen hits Shin.
Lance moves so Lilina can kill Shin.

199_zps91ac2b9a.png
;~; My Nomad.

Jerrot enters the village.

203_zpsb56d0642.png
You can start doing things now. I'm cutting the Pirates down one by one.

204_zps1728851e.png
Uh... okay...?
He didn't even give me a hint of what he was giving me in that dialogue.
I get a free Silver Sword. Whoo?

Jerrot uses the rest of his movement north.

Because of Astore, we see a clearer view of the eastern side:
205_zpsdca87530.png

Saul moves north and uses another Torch staff use for EXP.
Clarine heals Lance.

206_zpse1f86f5e.png
Let's end Turn 9 as such.

There was a Mage in the fog. Good thing I didn't go northwest.
Archer hits Astore.
Other Archer is moving.

Turn 10
207_zps2e4cf61f.png

Jerrot visits the house on the way north.

209_zps12109b8e.png
But the enemies can in Fog of War.
And then she gives a hint about using Torches and having "eagle-eyed" Thief units, as she calls it.

Allen throws his Javelins at the Mage, killing him all the while taking no damage. He's 12 EXP from leveling.
Using support power, Lance now has enough Attack to kill the Archer with Javelins. He takes damage while doing so but he does kill the Archer.
Shanna tries her hand at slaughtering the defenseless Archer with her Iron Lance. She's successful.
Saul heals Lance.
Clarine heals Astore.
AStore weakens the Halberd Fighter. He levels up from chip EXP.

210_zpsdf502bd0.png
Meh.

211_zps2e2542d6.png
After moving units and Rescue-Dropping Rutger next to Clarine, I can safely say we can end this turn.

Mercenaries move into view from the fog. No one was in range of them.
Fighter comes for Shanna's head. He's not successful. Shanna kills him in retaliation.
Hand Axe Fighter uses cover from the house to throw his axe at Astore. He misses.

Turn 11

212_zpsa2e84b08.png
On the mini map, the enemy on the right is an Archer. Top-left is a Mercenary. At the southwest, from north to south, a Mercenary and Archer.

Jerrot gets rid of the Archer. He reveals a Mage behind the Mercenary.
Astore weakens the Poison Axe Fighter. There seems to be no more enemies on the eastern side unless hiding in the forest northeast.
Shanna weakens the Hand Axe Fighter by one hit. Her weapon rank is now A.
Roy gives Lilina adjacent support as she kills the Hand Axe Fighter with Thunder.

Turn 11 ends as such:
213_zpsc8c8d425.png

Mercenary has a sword duel with Allen. Allen hits after the Mercenary misses.
Jerrot dodges a sword and gives the Mercenary a good beating.
Shanna kills a Fighter on retaliation. She levels up!

214_zps95b87a19.png
I guess compensation for the good level up earlier.

Elfire Mage gives Jerrot 6 damage.
Archer hits Astore for 6 damage.

Turn 12 (Jerrot off-screen):
215_zps967dd43a.png

The Mage for Jerrot is going to be more of a hassle than the Mercenary right now. I have Jerrot equip the Hand Axe and move into the forest.
So, I wanted Rutger to get this kill off an enemy who was the same level as him. I had Allen weaken him so he can get chip EXP and level up.
With all this past tense, of course that didn't go as planned. He kill-steals with a crit.

217_zpsa4d49773.png
Hmph. Fine, Allen. You've outdone yourself.

Shanna softens up the Archer.
Astore kills the Archer from behind. His sight sees no more enemies on the east side. Good!
Clarine heals Allen.

Ending positions
218_zpsc7de2e1a.png

Oh of course. Pirate reinforcements. Because I really wanted those!
Mercenary hits Jerrot. Jerrot cannot counter accurately.
Mage misses Jerrot. Jerrot hits back once.

Turn 13
219_zps83c88d4a.png

Oi.

Shanna visits the house.

221_zpsb4797642.png
As the villagers should. The Isles are invested with Pirate scum.
She warns me about the villages being destroyed and thus should quickly save them. I suppose I should. Was this supposed to be a warning about Pirates invading the village? Because they didn't.

222_zps5e2f7fa2.png
Huh? Now this is interesting.

I can only go to one of them? Even when I've pretty much cleared out the enemies. Huh.
Well! I guess the audience will just have to tell me if I screwed myself over or what the other village was.
Let's see... I'll need to visit the Armory anyways and Shanna can do that since she's not likely to be encountering the boss. What with his WTA and 60+ crit.
Really, if she's visiting the Armory, then it doesn't matter which village she visits when making the trip to regroup.
Hmm...

Roy strikes at the Pirate.
Lilina eats the kill and levels up!

223_zps5481a0c6.png
Darn.

Jerrot sinks his Steel Lance into the Mage, offing that guy.

224_zpsf81f721c.png
Deke will be heading towards the Vendor while Astore runs back for his magnificent sight. We will end the turn as such.

More Pirate reinforcements! One gets on the mainland with Merlinus, Noah, and Fir. No!
Poison Axe Pirate misses his hit on Roy. Roy stabs him.
Well! There's a Hand Axe Pirate that hits Noah. Isn't that delightful!
After the Mercenary whacks at Jerrot, Jerrot finishes off the Mercenary.

Turn 14
225_zps843df403.png

Yep. Need to get those three off that land. They seem to only get on that mainland so far. Moving them should be a cinch.

Shanna is just outside of visiting the Armory.
Deke though...

226_zpsb3b8d4ff.png227_zpsea94bf7f.png
Well, there were those Torches I could have bought!
I think I'm pretty well stocked on Door Keys. When was the last time I used them? Back at the Lilina chapter? Yeah.
I believe I have another spare Fire in the convoy. I could probably do for a couple Heals since I'm burning through them in order to get Saul and Clarine levels.
I'll buy one Fire and two Heals. I already have a spare Mend in the convoy.

Jerrot moves north. No enemies in sight.
Looks like it's Roy-grinding time! Roy switches to the Steel Sword and kills the Pirate.
Noah moves next to Clarine to get healed.

228_zps8f463ad9.png
Merlinus was in serious trouble so I had do some moving and Rescue-Dropping in order to get him out of the way. That's Allen south with an Iron Sword and Fir should be fine with her speed and WTA.

Aaaaaand more reinforcements.
Allen easily kills a Steel Axe Pirate.
Well, a Poison Axe Pirate has the audacity to attack Fir. Fir shows why the foreign blade is ultimately superior by crit-killing him right there.

Fir dodges a Hand Axe throw.

Turn 15
229_zpsf464dd19.png

I forgot about Shanna, didn't I? I did. Let me remedy that.

230_zps6f1925bc.png231_zps675fa4a6.png
Buyable Hammer? Not too bad... if it had a better hit rate. I think it's designation is only on normal Knights rather than bosses on thrones and castles.
Steel Blades, did we ever get those in stock? They are good for earlygame Mt but the weight is terrible and the price is too.
I think I'll buy one Iron Sword, one Steel Sword, a Hand Axe, and a Hammer, just in case I guess. That brings me to 7380G.

Shanna has enough movement to go past the right village. Mm...
I think I'll visit the right village. She doesn't need more EXP from this map now that she's level 14. In subsequent playthroughs, if the item at the right village isn't as good, I can go to the left and be quicker to regroup.
Shanna lands on the right village's entrance.

Maybe I should power-level Rutger seeing that Roy probably won't see his promotion time any time soon.

Clarine heals Astore...

232_zps282ab2c8.png
...and she's almost asking to get dropped.

233_zps4f6de400.png
Got a lot of killing to do. Well. I guess I might have to fast-forward. This also would be a good time for me to take notes should something go awry.

Turn 16 = more Pirates

Visit the right village and...

234_zpse1510d3c.png
They didn't even come for you.

235_zps0163f83c.png
I'm not part of the resistance but I can't say I did it from the goodness of my heart. I want stuff from you.

237_zpsac01a39f.png
And I guess the villages are thus abandoned.
I still can't say I understand this concept. It took me 16 turns and the woman spoke to me about this. I don't think they could all move this quick.

238_zpsc4d8eeb2.png
Okay. Mm... Restore staff.
Honestly, I rarely use these. I would rather buff Resistance and gung-ho to the enemy with the status staff than use a Restore. But hey... free stuff?

239_zps2a656ac8.png
And yep, they're closed. Now I'll never know what was in that village until someone tells me or I visit it in another game.

Turn 17 = more Pirates

240_zps01d1e140.png
Power leveling is real!

Turn 18 = more Pirates
Rutger's weapon rank is now A
Turn 19 = more Pirates

241_zpsb27a62ae.png
Power leveling still is real

I might have lost which count of the turns because I wrote "Turn 19" twice so let's see:
Turn 19(20?) = more Pirates
Turn 20(21?) = more Pirates

242_zps1a6d3e88.png
Lilina is helping out Rutger. Her levels aren't helping.

No more reinforcements? Great! Now I know when reinforcments come in this map.
I notice a pattern. FE6 likes to throw lots of reinforcements on you if you are very late to complete the map. See, I kind of expect reinforcements during early turns, so that's why I take a very cautious approach.
I can't say this pattern is applicable for all maps but I have realized this just now.

243_zpsbe74f763.png
This Poison Axe Pirate slipped by me and almost ended Merlinus. I'll be ending him and have to heal Merlinus due to this.

244_zps1c66134a.png
You had a good couple of levels up. Sure, Rutger.

245_zpsd70d9e78.png
And now the power leveling is done.

It's very sad. Rutger had a nearly full use Iron Sword and now it's whittled down to 9 use.
Oh well. That's Rutger power leveling for you.
Now I think he's ready for a boss.

I accidentally overwrote the screenshot with Saul's level up but he got healing Rutger but he got +Skl, +Spd, and +Res.

I set Jerrot in place with his Steel Sword to draw attention from Scott.

246_zpsa24d8152.png247_zps8fb3a2f0.png248_zpse88220d3.png
Dude, Rutger's like level 16 now. He will easily handle you.

So one of the Pirates that took up a few turns to heal? Yeah. He did all that for nothing since Shanna easily killed him with a Slim Lance. Good job, you.

249_zps3f3353a6.png
With Rutger's new stats, he could kill this guy in two crits. Dang.
Well, if Rutger ends up killing the boss, he should just barely get another level up. Jeez. In one map, Rutger has gone from being boss-weakener to outright boss-killer.
It's beautiful.

Let's do it!

250_zpse2db1885.png
1/2 crits
Scott misses.

251_zps48cbbb6e.png
2/2 crits
And that's a wrap!

252_zps158ee5a6.png253_zpsd34a6156.png
HE IS THE ULTIMATE MYRMIDON

254_zps0d3e59c5.png
still ultimate myrmidon

Clarine heals him for one final time.
And we're done!

255_zpsd874bdd6.png
Rutger slaughtered most of them.

256_zps2a183fbc.png257_zps5ee40a5c.png
Oh?

258_zpsc1abcf2b.png
Our power is pushing beyond the limit! We'll be stronger than any bandits!

259_zpsd0ea4ce0.png
Lots of crap happening. Part of any Fire Emblem game.

260_zps40de4da9.png
Right-o, Roy!

262_zpsfbd3f6bc.png263_zpsce347168.png
Indeed. I suppose we can do this.

264_zps7c315323.png
The gears are turning for our heroes.

And so we end the day. Rutger has pushed the limits of his ken. While Roy's army does not know this, we lost a potential ally that day.
We journey, westbound, to gain information from a supposed resistance group.

Let's put down what we learned today, so we may never forget how far we have come...

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         11.89    28      9      10      11       9       7       7
Allen      Cavalier     14.43    32     12      11      14       8       9       1
Lance      Cavalier     13.53    30     10      11      16       6       6       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.02    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Peg Knight   14.40    24(+7) 10      13      20      16       6       7
Lugh       Mage         13.19    20      8      13      11       9       6       7
Clarine    Troubadour    9.43    17      3       8       9      12       4       8
Rutger     Myrmidon     17.01    33     11      20      19       7       6       3
Saul       Priest       10.26    24      5      11      13       3       2       7
Sue        Nomad         1.65    18      5       7       8       4       5       0
Lilina     Mage          9.35    21      9       5       8       7       2       9
Astore     Thief        11.72    26      7       8      16      11       7       3

Reset: 2
Lost: 2

*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina

The torch glitch works in FE7 because the tile that you select becomes an action tile, similar to the one that you put a mine on. It doesn't work in FE6 because the torch staff functions as a torch, just one that gives experience.

Also, I suppose it's not too spoilery to inform you that yes, you do need Sue to recruit Shin (and yes, he is better than her, especially with hard mode bonuses) and those two villages decide which path you're going to take for a couple of chapters.

Judging by your reaction, you're going to love a certain someone that shows up soon. Or maybe you won't. We shall see.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD YOU KILL SHIN! HES AN AMAZING CHARACTER! STUPID LILINA, WHY DIDNT YOU WAN TO DIE! YOU BE STUPID! (Lilina, not you) AND HE JUST KILLED THE BEST ARCHER IN THE GAME! ALL TO KEEP SOME STUPID MAGE WHO GETS OHKOd! If you reset, you won't regret it. Plus, you can see what's in the other village.

But seriously, Shin. He's sue on steroids. I'll describe him in a spoiler since he's dead cause of STUPID LILINA! She's now my least favorite character.

Shin is by far better than Sue. Sure he's less dodgy, but has a greater Str growth, and more defense, so that he can take a hit if needed. On HM he gets stat bonuses like Rutger, so he's even more godly there.

The torch glitch works in FE7 because the tile that you select becomes an action tile, similar to the one that you put a mine on. It doesn't work in FE6 because the torch staff functions as a torch, just one that gives experience.

Also, I suppose it's not too spoilery to inform you that yes, you do need Sue to recruit Shin (and yes, he is better than her, especially with hard mode bonuses) and those two villages decide which path you're going to take for a couple of chapters.

Judging by your reaction, you're going to love a certain someone that shows up soon. Or maybe you won't. We shall see.

That makes sense in that regard. Though when I still watch the videos showing it off, it still doesn't make sense to me. The player seems to wait for the enemy to attack and then reset. I guess that's how the Torch staff glitch works?

Daaaaang it. And oh? That gives me an idea.

I hope I like them!

@momogeek2141: I cry every time I see my Lost counter. But! Your post and Tequila's gave me an idea.

On the off-time that I'm not doing the blind run, I'm thinking of doing a separate run where I get all the characters I missed and do the alternate route that Tequila mentioned. At most, the other run should go to (blind run chapter #)-1 of its own chapters (so now that blind run is on 10, separate run is, at most, at chapter 9). When I get to the new content (dialogue, items, etc.), I'll provide my blind reactions to them too.

What do people think of that idea?

If people would rather want me to finish the blind run and not worry about another run, I can start the other one after the blind one as "bonus episodes," shall we say. I'll need to restart from the beginning anyways since I overwrote the chapter with Cath and I don't save-state.

I'll wait until tomorrow to start chapter 10 so any more posts can come in.

@Draco: I know! But on the alternate playthrough, I'll have him and I will use him. I'm up to Chapter 8 already... and let me say that it was harder at Chapter 7 because I think my units got a little RNG-screwed. Definitely didn't have 8 Strength Shanna. I cry.

@momogeek2141: Duly noted! Also, in hindsight, this chapter attempt is hilarious. It's exactly what I asked for last chapter.

So there's a good reason this is only one post. Prepare for someone's (my) ultimate failure.

We hit the double-digits of the game! I can only assume that we're a third through the game. Our course is set. Roy and company want to see the resistance group we've been hearing about. Let's go!

[spoiler=Chapter 10.1 - *The Game trolls me*]
1_zpsa16f61d7.png2_zps6b47b3f9.png
We're journeying to new territory. Can we find a new kind of world here?

3_zpsd728e4a8.png
More villages to save for EXP? It's not like that's been our whole adventure thus far.

4_zpsa5b6ad93.png
I'll save those poor villagers!

Welcome to Chapter 10! Very short intro. Those four screenshots were the entire intro, seriously.

5_zps3ff2e5b3.png6_zpsa71729cc.png
There's a lot of red houses. But of course...

6_zpsa71729cc.png8_zps33199145.png
There are walls to prevent my horses from entering. Shanna should be able to fly over them.
There are spots like these that you can break but good luck with that. Wall damage bonus for axes didn't feature until FE9. We're going to need multiple people to get rid of this wall.
And in the same screenshot, an Armory. It's the only shop on this map. Of course I'll check it out.
Actually, to the get to the boss, I will need to break down one wall. It's in the right screenshot.

18_zps85c8bdfb.png
There's nothing over on the northwest side. Can I assume my own reinforcements or enemy reinforcements? Unlike last chapter, there are no forts; so, if there were reinforcements, they should come either from this path or from the castle, like Rutger's ambush spawn.

As per usual, enemy line-up first and then boss info.

9_zpse3de7331.png10_zpsaa6ddd19.png11_zpsb5e327d6.png12_zps93f3c38c.png
These guys have already appeared before. Outside of their high HP, Fighters should be easy to tangle with. Mercenaries are Mercenaries. The Archers will be able to shoot me through walls. There's two Priests here and, yes, they carry Physic staves.

13_zps81c1f72c.png
What is new are generic Shamans. The way I remember Shamans are they have higher Mt tomes, decent Magic, and better defenses at the cost of their Speed. Shamans here have the same Def as the Priests.

Of particular interest are these two enemies here:
14_zpse0058c5d.png15_zps3f00fbb3.png16_zps8436963c.png17_zps5a7a443b.png

In GBAFE, Shamans/Druids have these really great special weapons. Luna, as I've mentioned before, and Nosferatu being well-known. Considering that Nosferatu has the same hit as an Iron Lance, a generic weapon, that's no good for me.
And Killer Axe Fighter is Killer Axe Fighter.

19_zps802cf712.png20_zps33deb9fe.png
The boss, Zinque, is a level 5 General. His weapon choice is pretty easy to exploit. Of course, his total 18 Def is going to make it hard to take him down physically. His total 9 Res isn't bad either, considering he completely nulls Lugh's and Lilina's pure Magic stats.
I could attempt to Hammer this guy but the 45 base hit for Hammer isn't going to fair well. I guess Rutger and the Armorslayer will have to do if Lilina or Lugh can't do much against Zinque.
I find it really funny how I've relied on the Myrmidon, a class I don't particularly like, to do accurate boss attacks. It really does have to do with setting, doesn't it?
A level 16 unpromoted would get 100 EXP from this guy. Maybe I can see about Allen or someone else who gets to 16 getting the kill. Allen especially, since now he has D in sword rank. What a trooper!

21_zps0282b33e.png
The enemies have caught up to around Lugh's level. I've replaced Deke for Lugh. He might even be able to chip the boss.
I have done a little bit of item management. Of particular note, I have given Allen a Steel Sword. He will do great things for his nation.

22_zpscdd5bbc1.png
Up ahead are a Steel Axe and Hand Axe Fighter with a Shaman who has a range that engulfs the two.

One last save and we're off!

23_zps70f09895.png
A struggle? I wonder what of.

24_zpsbb051972.png25_zps4a7571c7.png
What's this tune? I don't recognize it...
But it's catchy. I like it.
A bard? Ah! Do we get a bard this chapter?!

27_zps2c52cfbc.png28_zpsc9e51b76.png
Not while I'm around!

29_zpsd53f2d84.png
Milady!
Please let me have her this chapter. Pleeeease.

30_zps166d9b06.png
hurhurhur because he's a General

31_zps8766d30b.png
See. I knew the Bern matter wouldn't take long to come back to rear its ugly head.

32_zps2c1d2d63.png
And please let me eavesdrop using the power of switching PoV!

33_zps74e43d0e.png34_zps024ce95d.png
Good. They still haven't found her yet.

35_zps9daa0c62.png
Ha. The Jutes.
Little bit of history from my English studies: a group of Germanic peoples that, with the Saxons, Angles, and Frisians, came into England and occupied part of that land.
You probably will not get more history from me because I am crap at history, but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw "Jutes."

But yes. She has been to Jutes.

37_zpsd736499e.png38_zps3ee0ab79.png40_zpsba078638.png41_zps981c7c2b.png
Oh no! They're onto our plan!

42_zpsdf78b035.png
If I recruit you, you won't.
I must recruit her to save Guinivere!

43_zps9063738b.png
Back to Roy's gang, something about the resistance that I still don't have a real clue what they're talking about.

44_zpsc435fcf8.png
Now why would Etruria do that?
Maybe it's because I'm not sure what this resistance is of. I'll wait.

45_zpse3f8a33b.png
Oooh, Roy. You're pretty smart to catch that little interesting point.

46_zps21a46043.png
"KILL 'EM ALL"

47_zps1590e9c6.png48_zps43b141f2.png
"FUCK 'EM"
Actually, no. Dang. Cecilia lied to us that we didn't have a debt.

49_zpsa017c18e.png
Splendid idea, Roy!

51_zps97e1f0a7.png
Generic Soldier. Greetings. What can I do you for?

52_zps206089e9.png53_zps72be2d47.png
That General boss? Hm. How odd.
Well, it won't matter. I'll just have to splatter his blood all over the pavement and everything will be a-okay.

54_zps1aaf2edf.png
You bet we're intervening! Every Fire Emblem protagonist intervenes something!

55_zps70b9feba.png56_zpseaadf6e2.png57_zps53ecf150.png
You have my support for now, Roy, until we get ourselves into massive amounts of trouble. Then you'll see my resignation papers on your desk.

58_zpsca79187c.png59_zps3cde9efc.png
Let's do this!

Turn 1 enemy placement:
60_zpsa0981ce5.png

AS there is a Hand Axe Pirate up there, I don't want to waste a turn weakening or killing him. Lilina's up top and Roy can be Rescue-Dropped nearby for support bonus and additional support points towards A. Why not?
This task gets religated to Allen and Lance so they too can get support points. The A support rank hype train is all full!
Jerrot will have a different task from fighting. I'll see if I can't have him break down that north wall and build his weapon EXP at the same time--though this will take a long while because it is a 100 HP wall.
Shanna meanwhile can hop the wall and engage with enemies if she so wants.
I've given the western Fighter a choice between Rutger and Lilina. Most likely he'll go for Lilina but, hey, I'm one for giving choices.

61_zps84df7d70.png
Merlinus will move to Lugh's west, ending Turn 1.

62_zpsc62d1369.png
! Milady, where are you going? Coooooome baaaaack!

63_zps11e56a86.png
whodafuq--
Oh. A Wyvern Lord. Probably not getting him until Chapter 20+.
Man his hair is so... blue. Or is that slightly purple?

64_zps25afcf8c.png65_zpsed00aa63.png
STOP TEASING ME LIKE THIS, GAME.

67_zpsec78173e.png68_zpsdc0c0031.png
NO. STAY.

69_zpsf090ab83.png71_zps2b7938e1.png
He said no worries, Milady. Don't concern yourself.

72_zps4bc139ff.png73_zpsce2bf2b4.png74_zps8426cb62.png
But of course. For whatever reason.
But does Milady have--gasp!--doubts? RECRUITMENT RECRUITMENT.

75_zps0f6614d1.png76_zps87c96afe.png
I guess it's good Zephiel has such loyal followers.

77_zpse33c80fb.png78_zps6a4b640a.png79_zpsb2328a93.png80_zps1feb4e22.png

And then they leave.
Dammit, game. One appearance of the Wyvern Rider, fine. Two or three is just asking me to slap you across the face.
Just like you slapped my expectations.
;-;

Enemies on the move!
Steel Axe Fighter has a 32 hit chance on Lilina. HE ACTUALLY HITS. OH NO. Lilina kills him. Her weapon rank increases.

81_zpsaf84b2d1.png
Troll me with Milady.
Now you troll me with low hit rates.
I didn't even last through Turn 1. ...dang it.
Welp! Now I don't have to include the beginning stuff next time LOL

Reset: 3
Lost: 2

*DEATH*

*RESET*

Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter

*LOST*

Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Edited by Dual Dragons

I thought you'll lose the patience with Lilina. Really expected you'd sacrifice her.

I don't know, how often she died in my hard mode run. And in chapter 21 I let her die, because Lugh was good enough (only worse in magic). At least your Lilina has decent speed unlike mine.

Good that she's still alive, because you need her for two recruitments later.

You'll get another anima mage later, but he's not worth the money. Though he has a very nice item you should steal him.

Interesting to see this route. Only have played the A chapters so I don't know much about the B ones.

I see villages so it probably applies to this chapter too:

You have to visit all the villages before the bandits destroy anyone of them to get a special item.

Edited by The Taninator

EDIT: Whoops, I meant to put a spoiler tag in this post.

Lilina can recruit someone in this chapter, and he's pretty good axe user. He has high HP (90% growth), Strength (60% growth), Speed (50% growth), and a high Constitution, but relatively mediocre-bad stats otherwise.

Edited by Monado Boy