Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the off-time that I'm not doing the blind run, I'm thinking of doing a separate run where I get all the characters I missed and do the alternate route that Tequila mentioned. At most, the other run should go to (blind run chapter #)-1 of its own chapters (so now that blind run is on 10, separate run is, at most, at chapter 9). When I get to the new content (dialogue, items, etc.), I'll provide my blind reactions to them too.

What do people think of that idea?

If people would rather want me to finish the blind run and not worry about another run, I can start the other one after the blind one as "bonus episodes," shall we say. I'll need to restart from the beginning anyways since I overwrote the chapter with Cath and I don't save-state.

I like the idea of a second run, although I do want to add that you should start it on Hard Mode instead to sort of differentiate the runs and the play experience a little (otherwise, blind or not, the 2 runs are going to be pretty similar imo)

@The Taninator: To me, Lilina isn't as bad to train as, say, FE9 Sothe or Nino. Though I guess to their credit, FE9 Sothe has BEXP to exploit and Nino is supposed to be an Est.

@momogeek2141: I was laughing--but also very sad. XD

@elf_01: I wouldn't show the entire playthrough of the second run. It's just supposed to be the highlights of the missing characters and missing content. New chapters that I'm locked out of in the main blind run would be shown in whole. So think of it as two runs side-by-side though the second one would not have that big of a spotlight.

Attempt of a Hard Mode run, I would have to steel my nerves quite a bit. I don't know any specifics of it but I've heard it's terribly hard. I would have to think on it after completing the blind run.

*This first part stops before the start of Turn 10

[spoiler=Chapter 10.2-1 - *Let*s Get Social!*]
So.
Can I have less Lilina explosions? Okay? Okay.
I guess I'm going to have to have the awesome pair of Allen and Lance go up to defend my squishies.

We're still in the same positions so let's go.

Allen and Lance equip Javelins and move forward. Allen uses all his movement. Lance still gets support bonus while cutting off the Hand Axe Fighter's range a square.
This time, Jerrot and Clarine Rescue-Drop Roy next to Lilina.

1_zpsde5632da.png
Merlinus next to Lugh, yada, yada.

Enemies moving in.
This time the Fighter misses Lance. So he apparently was okay with a 32 but not okay with a 26. Thanks, game. Lance hits him once and takes revenge for my earlier mess-up by crit-killing him though not necessary.
After the Hand Axe Fighter misses, Lance strikes him down. He's 7 EXP from leveling.

2_zps86d9f1e7.png
... uh...
What is up with that sprite?
I don't even know where you are either I mean, heh, I just came here to find some resistance group.
The music here is okay. It kind of blends too smoothly for my tastes so nothing sounds distinct, but I like how soft it is for this scene.

A woman who I swear looks like Natalie appears. She says that she and the villagers found a Elphin covered in wounds and took him back to the village to tend to his injuries. How nice of them.

6_zps9e5e7ff7.png
Hm. She is of importance, but of how much? She obviously doesn't look like a unit I can recruit. The guy on the right does more.
Despite I still don't know what the hell his sprite is doing. I can tell you that FE6 tried very hard to make differences between portraits, that's for sure.

He states that his presence endangers the village.

10_zps69951e05.png
You're the person I need to see. I see. Then yes, your presence will destroy this village.

Since he's part of the resistance, Zinque will be trying to capture him. He warns Mary that she should leave.

13_zpsf8067770.png
She's got some daring in her. She has a younger brother who, with his friend, set out into the world to find work.

15_zps15d76556.png
...then take her with you? Is that so hard of a concept?

16_zpsc5ef4a58.png
I suppose that works too.
And he leaves. Simple enough.

Turn 2
17_zpsefde1a02.png

There's two Archers in this area. I can't have Shanna tango with the Fighter because she'll be in the crossfire of two Archers.

I'll have her visit the Armory to check the inventory. She'll make it to the house next turn.

19_zps0e856eae.png20_zps390ffadb.png
Welp. I lost out on having Shin this run. I'll need to consider who's going to be my bow-user. There's probably a legendary weapon for them.
I don't know how good Sue is trained vs. the prepromote Nomad Trooper; Warriors, I have not a clue; Snipers not a prepromote are out of the question. Argh. I really didn't want to lose Shin.
Before I purchase anything, I check my convoy. I've got quite a few spares of everything. Javelins I got a full spare and a 9 use. I'm thinking of buying one more just because I have a lot of lance-users and this game still likes to have a lot of ranged fighters despite the crap accuracy.
So purchase one Javelin I do and then I park Shanna in range of the Fighter but not the Archer.

Roy/Lilina support A has been achieved! We can end the story of two marquess' children--but first, we move Allen and Lance in position to combat against a Steel Lance Fighter, Shaman, and Steel Sword Mercenary.
A rank, go!

21_zpsa25e169e.png
YOU SHOULD BE.
YOU COST ME SHIN BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T DIE THEN.
AND YOU DIED NOW JUST TO SPITE ME.
You should be sorry. Grumble.

23_zps0988a179.png
Any big event is like that. The Renaissance... the Age of Enlightenment... Post-Modernism...

24_zps8a20ae58.png25_zpseba9b5cb.png
This is somehow not as endearing to me than Lance/Allen B.

29_zps7cf17761.png30_zps8c1612f7.png
Noah should be the player, not Roy!
Stahp it!

31_zpsc324b762.png33_zpsbbd67b3c.png
... well. That was a thing.
It could be seen as cute. I'll give it that credit. And it's not in your face about how romantic it is, which is definitely a plus.
But maybe I'm having a problem because I don't feel that connected to Roy and Lilina as a relationship? They're the quickest support, sure, but... I don't know.
I honestly don't know my romantic taste at times, haha. I kind of missed having the more simple supports like these.

Anyways, whoo! They're A rank! Now it's a matter of time Clarine/Rutger and Allen/Lance get there too. It's more likely to be Allen/Lance since I think that's the trend between the Green and Red Cavalier support.
A rank also means they don't have to be tethered together anymore. Finally! That's two less people to Rescue-Drop next to each other.

I was thinking of breaking down the wall. But not anymore. It'll take six turns to knock down the wall from Jerrot's attack.
I'm thinking as long as Shanna keeps her HP up and doesn't encounter Archers on enemy phase, she should be okay. On WTD, she still has about 30-something hit chance from the enemies.
But then again... that was the same case for Lilina...

35_zps6196f646.png
Lugh's too short to be featured here. He's below Astore.
Merlinus moves to Lugh's west to end Turn 2.

A Mercenary from the distance is on the hunt for my blood.
Steel Sword Mercenary whacks Lance. Lance doubles him for a slaughter.

36_zps1ba71b45.png
More Speed is good but, bro, you kind of need other stats too.

There's a Fighter coming down for Shanna before the Steel Axe Fighter goes for a weakened Lance. He misses and Lance misses one of his attacks.
Steel Axe Fighter misses his 22 hit chance on Shanna.
Archers are on the move.
Shaman and Allen have a dodge party. Damnmit, Allen!

Turn 3 enemy placement
37_zps63d3afae.png38_zpse51d3dbb.png

Now that Archer is in range of Shanna. Guess I got to kill the Fighter from a distance or just go ahead and visit the house. On enemy phase, he should die. Let's do that.

41_zpsba3fdcf4.png
Why is Mary so important that even a villager is talking about her?
For my troubles, she gives me another Barrier staff good for ranking EXP.
I have Shanna move west two paces so she wont' encounter the incoming Archer.

Everyone's too high-leveled for the level 9 Shaman. Roy uses his full movement and will get a level from this guy. Sounds like a plan.

43_zps2e160151.png
A little damage for his troubles but an acceptable level up.

Lilina has just enough Attack to kill the Fighter. I'm not sure if this is from the Roy support bonus but she kills the Fighter.
Saul heals Lance.
There are two level 12 Archers to the east, one behind the wall and one coming towards my group. I do a Rescue-Drop Lugh using Jerrot equipped with a Hand Axe and Lance onto a forest. Hopefully he'll survive with advantageous terrain after being out of combat for so long.
Lance uses his movement to get out of range and towards the northern path.

44_zps61572118.png
Merlinus stops his carriage next to Roy, ending this turn.

Steel Axe Fighter meets his doom upon failing to hit Shanna.
Steel Bow Archer misses Lugh. I didn't remember that I equipped Lugh with the Thunder tome but that was a good thing because otherwise he wouldn't have killed the Archer.
Lugh dodges and strikes down another Archer.

Turn 4 enemy placement
45_zpscdc27984.png

There's no enemies near the main group, hence no screenshot.

There's no way Shanna can go for the Archer without being out of range of the other. However, if she does hit this guy twice with two 88 hit Iron Lance, Archer's gone for good.

Shanna flies just out of the Archer's sight.
Allen and Lance take the front north as there's two Shamans over there.
Saul heals Roy after Lilina moves.
And now I see I can do the final Clarine/Rutger support! This could be A support central. Will Allen and Lance get theirs too?
Anyways, A rank, commence!

47_zps606bf9ee.png
He's returning her ribbon. That's nice of him.

49_zps14134c89.png
Did I just read that?
Girl, what the fuck. You've only been fighting next to each other for the PAST SEVEN CHAPTERS.
I made sure to have you two stand next to other.
I made sure even by Rescue-Dropping.
You two never bothered to ask each others' names?! What if you got in trouble?!
"moamfpoeiwrpjwer whatever your name is I'm---ACK *dead*"
What. The. Fuck.
Imagine if this was at the end of the game!

He finally tells her his name.

52_zpsf94c7f10.png
You never even THANKED ME!
After you went dumbass and entered into enemy fire!
Unbelievable!

53_zps5fc770b1.png
It's probably going to be "no, I don't hate you, I actually like you," or whatever.

56_zps70287a51.png
Now she's finally humble.

Rutger's like, "gurl, that ain't like you." Her being humble is her trying to be someone else. I guess.

59_zpse7835881.png
So endearing

60_zpsdacade4d.png61_zps44b62857.png62_zps5aae6fe9.png
Erm... uh...
Please no, Rutger. The word "company" has been ruined forever by Narcian.

64_zps8e2c3b5d.png
And so he leaves but now on a better note. ain't that pwecious.

Okay. In all seriousness, I do like that one a lot more than the Roy/Lilina one. I mean, yeah, I was able to figure out that he doesn't hate her (it would have been more surprising if he did hate her), but it was classic tension.
Without knowing the other supports in the game, I can't say it's my absolute favorite but it's the better one out of the two A's I've seen to me.

65_zps7544fe38.png
Merlinus will rest behind Saul. End turn.

Over at the boss' hideout--

67_zps2ccbe3df.png
Did somebody say murder? Because that's what I'm doing.
Spread the word, people. Roy's Army is at the door!

Soldier relays that it's us and Zinque is appalled that we would betray Etruria.

71_zps7d9dc0c5.png
wat
how do you even
I killed them!

73_zpsf5247dc5.png
My face only needs saving from swords, lances, axes, and arrows being lodged in them.

75_zps5d7ea552.png
Splendid. More EXP.
Or not splendid because I'm not arena abusing for money. My weapons will break and I will have no monies to pay for them.
Dilemma!

Zinque's like, "We won't get credit if the reinforcements from Juutes get them, so I must get them first!"
Zinque calls in a man named Scollan.

82_zpse90b1aa6.png
Ohhhhhh. So they're going to take all my villages.
Well that's no good. I want that stuff.

Enemies still on the move.
Shaman misses Lance. Lance ends that guy.
Ah dang it. I miscalculated enemy movement and let Shaman have a free chance at Rutger. He misses but now that's an enemy I got to deal with on player phase.

Turn 5
84_zps381f5935.png

Gotta get rid of that Archer near Shanna. She's successful in the murdering.
Astore weakens the Shaman so Roy can get this kill.
Allen is just a point shy from killing that Archer with an Iron Sword. While I could have Lance nearby to give him that boost, I have another job for Lance. Allen has to whip out his Iron Lance for this slaughter.
Lilina moves north for this next plan.

Lance will be in range of the Nosferatu Shaman. It's best to have him attack on enemy phase so he won't regain HP. But first...

Merlinus moves enough so Saul can withdraw a Barrier and use it on Lance. This is to give Saul EXP and just to have Lance not receive as much damage should he get hit. Nosferatu gives the Shaman 16 pure damage so Lance will receive 7 if he gets hit.

Lance moves in range of the Nosferatu Shaman.
Jerrot rescues Lugh.

85_zps6c6a02a3.png
Clarine will drop Lugh, ending this turn.

Fighter misses Shanna and gets punished.
Lance dodges the Nosferatu Shaman. Shaman falls in defeat. Phew!

Turn 6

86_zps46185d92.png
Left red dot is Fighter. North is an Archer.

Alright, it's time we break down a wall. It will take a while because of the 100 HP thing. In the mean time, some other units can visit the northwestern houses.
Those reinforcements are coming in and I'm going to assume they are going to come from that area. It would probably be safest to send Jerrot there just in case.
In the meantime, while he can't reach there, he's going to help break down the wall with Lance.
Shanna will head north to catch up with everyone.

Shanna flies north with Slim Lance for max avoid.
Allen goes near the cracked wall to give Lance support.

Lance's Iron Lance and Jerrot's Hand Axe will do 19 and 18, respectively. That's still about six times we got to hit it but it must be done. The other way would be to plow through the enemies in the east passage but we already entered this area now. A bit late to do that.

Lance hits the wall with his Iron Lance.
Jerrot has Lance switch to the Javelin and hits the wall with his Hand Axe.
Clarine and Rutger do a Rescue-Drop so Lugh can hopefully draw in the Archer on enemy phase.

87_zpsb71740ea.png
We will end this turn by having Merlinus end up to Saul's south.

88_zpsd4633828.png
Reinforcements.
Also... I think I've heard of this guy. As being an ugly character, right?

89_zps1e7ed104.png
...Huh.
He's really not as bad looking as the other sprites in this game.
Like... that beginning bandit.
Eck.

92_zpsb5abea4c.png
You are NOT looting my stuff.

93_zpsf7512bfb.png
That was uncalled for.

94_zps854f18f9.png
Aw. Poor guy.

So, I have to recruit this guy.
Anyway, bandits. Coming to wreck my houses. Not on my watch!

I know what Shanna says to axes being swung at her. She crit-kills him until he is a pile of broken bones and dreams.

97_zpsd5a45637.png
I wonder if that Strength is still above average for her because hoooooooly shiiiiiiit.

Archer and Lugh take shots at each other.
But Physic Priest heals Archer to 16 HP. Jerk.

Turn 7
98_zpsfcb95e31.png

These are more important now.
Alright. These Bandits are going to take three turns to get to those houses. I'm pretty safe. Let's take a look at Gonzales.

99_zpsf4476a06.png100_zps1a99b9cb.png
I got semi-spoiled about this guy before just by reading gringe's translation patch thread yes I did read all of it. Don't worry, that's about all that I remember from the thread in terms of spoilers. Scouts' honor!
There was a convo of Lilina and him for recruitment. Nice guy. Honestly don't know about his stats but he is the first and only Brigand you can ever have in the GBA games, so that gives him novelty. Now the rare Brigand crit won't be as rare.
Of course, Intelligent Systems poking at him with his Devil Axe for being unlucky. I know normally the Devil's Axe is good for raising axe mastery to shit-ton levels but I never risk that. You can die to walls!

Oh. Scollan gets his own portrait and character too. Sure.

102_zpsf8dcbb0b.png103_zpsa50e3671.png
I'm not sure if I get the boss bonus from this guy but if he does, Lilina should take it. She's still single-digit level. Having just an Iron Axe makes him easy pickings.

104_zps6025e426.png
The normal Brigands are just high HP and Strength and decent Speed. Lilina will not be able to double these guys, and it's a shame. They're pretty high leveled and don't fall under the Soldier or Cleric/Priest EXP class power.
That's a Hand Axe Fighter over yonder.

Right now with Lilina's support, Roy holds 18 damage. Allen's Javelin is 20 while Lance's is 18. Jerrot's Hand Axe can add the final blow to tear down the wall. It'll work for everyone's weapon EXP! Let's do this.

Lilina moves northwest. Just enough space to still give support to Roy.
I mess up the proper arrangement but...

105_zpsf8e5f4d1.png
Lugh gets more Magic from killing the Archer. He took damage, though.

106_zpsbe90f091.png
Yay! The wall's down!
To end this turn, I'll have Clarine take and drop Lugh and Merlinus move north.

I forgot Shanna though. Silly me. Since she has not taken damage at all, I can have her visit the house and encounter the Fighter up there. I make sure to equip her with the Javelin and...

108_zpsff863f4f.png
Dracoshield?

109_zps0c683b51.png
Dragon...shield?
Was it called Dragonshield in FE7?
GRINGE, YOU GOOFED. YOU LEFT THIS AS DRAGONSHIELD.
0/10 WORST PATCH EVER

I get the... "Dragon"shield.
A good statbooster like Angelic Robe. I could see myself using it on Shanna but that's so much bias for a Pegasus Knight. I don't know if it's worth it.
Also I never had this much bias for a Peg Knight. Florina + Body Ring is like OTP, sure, but didn't use anything beyond that.
I'll figure it out later. Maybe when the chapter is near ending because I can't "Use" at the Battle Prep.
Stupid.

I send that to the convoy, use the rest of her movement north, and end turn.

Enemies are a-trucking.
Shanna and Hand Axe Fighter have themselves a dodge party. I love dodge parties!

Turn 8
110_zpsca3c745a.png

Brigands are just out of range enough that I can go into direct combat with the Fighter. Only problem is Gonzales and his direct attack.
I need Gonzales to get closer so I'm having Shanna take the west house and then park her to th west. She'll be out of range of Gonzales and she will survive the two attacks from the Brigands who can get her.

111_zpse6d3f6ca.png
This is Lot's sister?---
No, wait, Wade's sister. That's right. I remember now.
Wade did say that he had a sister named Mary in the support convo.
Ahhhh. This all makes sense now.
She gives me an Elixir. I wonder what would have happened if Lot or Wade entered the complex. Ah well.

I have Lance soften the Fighter before Lilina comes to kill. That's a level!

113_zps544baccd.png
Very important two-stat level up.

Lugh gets in range of the north Archer and Saul heals him. This results in Saul now having B staves.
If Gonzales doesn't go in the direct I anticipate him to go, I'll have Astore cut him off. Astore is the least likely to get hit or kill Gonzales.
This means Roy moves to Lugh's west, Jerrot takes and drops Rutger to where Roy, and Astore heads west with Lilina.

114_zps827f0c01.png
Merlinus will go south of Rutger.

115_zpsfec9cb22.png
wat

117_zpsf318052a.png
They look... familiar.

118_zps9ce3688e.png
I am not!

119_zps7e392da8.png
WHAT
TRYING TO PINCER ME, EH?
HOW ABOUT I GIVE A BIG

NOPE

122_zpsbba5cee3.png123_zps6f66bceb.png
I accidentally skipped the text but Tate's sisters are also Pegasus Knights.
This guy---
OH. OHHH.
IS THAT CLARINE'S BROTHER AND SHANNA'S SISTER?
I GOT IT. RECRUIT THEM WITH SIBLINGS. YES.

124_zpsc3241b83.png
Ask Rutger about that. So enchanting he flees in each encounter.

125_zpsca1f1c01.png
Reincarnation of Lachesis and Eltshan: confirmed

Tate leaves and then this Soldier comes in.

130_zps3feead65.png
Generic Soldiers. Knowing when to be smart or assholes sometimes when it comes to "expendable" Ilian mercenaries.

132_zps34ad8ddb.png
Klain's like, "Fuck you, they're just as important."

134_zps0520f18d.png136_zpsd1d2bcb0.png
I'll explain in due time, Klain.

As anticipated, Gonzales and the head figure are moving towards Lilina. Yesssss.
Iron Axe Brigand hits Shanna. Shanna hits once.
Hand Axe Brigand misses. Shanna hits twice.
Klain's Archer group is on the move.
Oi! I didn't see the other Archer that could have combined with the other to kill Lugh. Lugh dodges that arrow and burns him to death. B rank Anima achieved!

Turn 9
137_zps8286bb6c.png

To get a better picture. The two dots northwestern of Lilina are Scollan left and Gonzales right. Who I'm assuming to be Klain is southeast dot. He didn't move.
Let's check out supposed-Klain.

138_zps3be60517.png139_zpsadf18935.png
Supposed-Klain is Klain! And thankfully the description states that he is indeed Clarine's bro, for those that couldn't catch the hints.
He's got some impressive bases for a level 1 Sniper. A touch spongey in the HP and Defense areas, though those are the least worries of a Sniper. Ice affinity's not that great.
Coming as a level 1 Sniper means he's got some time to grow. Hopefully his growths would be good. I kind of need a good bow-user after losing Shin.

140_zpsac6ef993.png
I guess two gentle-hearted people flock together? I don't know what would have been the hint to have Lilina recruit Gonzales. Anyways, recruitment!

142_zps7b81edc5.png
That hasn't stopped me.
See examples: Rutger and Fir.

143_zps499cf2ed.png
WINDOWS OF THE SOULLLL

145_zps9c6a37ef.png
My items!

147_zps28e79cd4.png
Do it, for the good of this nation!

Lilina is trying to recruit Gonzales. He's hesitant.

149_zps6c0d973a.png150_zps11103afd.png
I'm sorry but
First thing I think is the Pokemon in the Safari Zone
I am terrible
And this is terrible

151_zps764838aa.png
You know, maybe it's just the sprite but he honestly doesn't look THAT bad.

153_zps5da1e8e0.png
Join my side out of kind-heartedness and then DESTROY MY ENEMIES

158_zps93262f65.png
Have you not seen what Clarine says to Rutger for not even so much accompanying her to her castle?
She will totally eat this man.

So. Scollan?

160_zps9c7626e0.png
Ready to get wrecked?

161_zps5a4e0f80.png
Boss theme plays. Maybe I do get boss bonus? Allen's level 14 and Scollan is 11. Let's see.
Also, by the way, make that a new record for getting hit. Allen got hit by an 18.
Applause.

Apparently boss bonus because from 67 to 127, Allen levels up!

162_zps5116affe.png
Dat Speed. Marvelous.

So can I try to have Gonzales enter the other house?

164_zps94fdc3c0.png
Oh. I forgot earlier that the little girl isn't Mary. This is Mary. Who looks like Natalie.
Well, if I knew you were Wade's sister, I would have brought him to you.
All I get for saving her house is a Door Key that costs 50G.

Lance equips Javelin and stands to Allen's north. Brigands will reach him and I can hopefully get rid of them this turn.
Shanna needs some healing. She goes east and Clarine heals her.
The Archer didn't move but now there is a Shaman in the way. Roy takes him out easy.
Lugh directly kills the Archer.

Since Tate is coming from the north, I think I'm going to have to split here so Shanna won't get overpowered by whatever comes to her.

Saul can Physic Shanna now. Whoo!

167_zps1043bf96.png
Merlinus will move to Astore's west.

Two more Brigands show up. I mean, really, they are easy slaughter.

Meanwhile, miles off...

168_zps2c98a0c5.png
Does this mean Wyvern reinforcements? Also, Zinque is not pleased. He still wants credit for killing us.

Hand Axe Brigand and Lance have themselves a dodge party.
Lance kills the Iron Axe Brigand, though. He's 14 EXP from leveling too.
Klain's moving! And so are his buddies.

[spoiler=Chapter 10.2-2 - *Power of Siblings*]
Turn 10
170_zpscdb052b2.png

Klain is still southeast unit. I have time before he graces us with his presence. He won't be able to catch up to the Archers for a while since they had a turn headstart.

Lance and his Iron Sword will encounter the north Iron Axe Brigand.
Lilina kills off the nearby Brigand.
Clarine heals Allen.
With my luck with enemies and Killer weapons, gotta have Jerrot take that Killer Axe Fighter kill. I move him in place with a Steel Sword.
I got myself a Steel Blade Mercenary charging in from the rear. Shanna has just enough movement to cut him off from the entrance.
Devil Axe Gonzales isn't going to be much help.
Roy proves he's the best Lord ever by not killing a pitiful Priest. He's in range of a Fighter. Ending my turn as such:

171_zps506ce954.png

172_zps41e60755.png
... oh. That's nice! Sure!
If I survive this turn, I may be able to have Shanna talk to Tate. Here's to hoping!
Tate and a generic Pegasus Knight have a conversation about how they might be being put onto the frontlines to die and Tate's like, "No because I trust General Klain." I'm like, "Okay."

Also, Cavalier group spawn!
Lance hits the Brigand twice for his incompetence.
Hand Axe Fighter misses Lance.
Pegasus Knight hits Merlinus twice. Ah great...
Then a Javelin Pegasus Knight comes in for Merlinus.

178_zps4b51aa06.png179_zps5555a9db.png
Uh... huh?
Can... can I guess that Merlinus didn't die?
Does this even count as death?
I guess I can proceed for now.

Saul dodges a Pegasus Knight's Javelin.
Um. The music cut out from Merlinus' death music. I'm concerned. Anyways, Mercenary hits Shanna. Shanna hits him and then crit-kills him for good measure.
Steel Axe Fighter misses Roy. Roy hits him twice.
Killer Axe Fighter had a 35 hit chance to hit Jerrot and a 27 to crit. He is not successful and gets killed.
Physic Priests heal.

Turn 11
180_zpsc7f653d7.png

So. Merlinus is gone. I hope he's not a restart.
Because if he's just like FE7 where he can be removed from the map but he's not "dead," then I don't have to restart.
...right? Right. That's what I'm going with for now based on his death scene earlier.

181_zpsa2c616a4.png
Let's talk, Tate.

182_zpse0b50c3f.png
Uh oh. I don't hear recruitment theme.

184_zpsef18eb66.png
Please don't tell me I need Klain to recruit you. That would really, REALLY suck. He's all the way down there.

188_zps8bd839d8.png
I DO NEED HIM?
What the hell! You're closer to the boss and you expect me to go the SOUTH TO GET KLAIN?

192_zpsd8097e97.png
THANKS FOR WASTING MY ACTION, YOU---
No. Calm down. Haaaa. Get rid of her lackeys, she won't be an issue.

OKAY. SO I HAVE TO GET KLAIN. RIGHT. OKAY.

Lilina kills the Fighter.
Allen crit-kills the other Fighter.
Lance should be more than enough to handle the Pegasus Knights. He kills a Javelin Pegasus Knight and gains a level up.

193_zpsad1b6e8c.png
It's kind of weird that Shanna is stronger than him.

Lugh gets rid of the Javelin Peg Knight.
Roy tells the other Pegasus Knight to fuck right off.

194_zpsd28c7261.png
Everyone's positions as such.

Everyone's moving in.
Tate goes after her own sister. She's damn lucky I didn't have Shanna with her Javelin on.
The last Pegasus Knight goes for Lilina and gets killed after Lilina gets damaged.
Steel Axe Fighter goes for Jerrot. Jerrot paints the pavement red with the Fighter's blood.

Turn 12
195_zps77831da7.png

So. Klain. Still gotta do that. As long as I do this right, it should be simple enough.
Tate's a pretty weak foe so there shouldn't be any complications about keeping her alive or my allies getting killed. Except Merlinus. Seriously he is such a liability what the hell.

196_zpse8f521fd.png197_zps0e0c3841.png
This is how weak Tate is. You can see that Shanna, if the Javelin was on, would outright murder her own sister. It definitely doesn't help that Shanna has been incredibly luck with her Strength.
There's Brigands coming from the north but they should still not pose much of threat even with Tate around. The only real ones at risk are Lilina and the healers. Lilina just can't be in range of Roy because of Attack increases or crit chance.

With a Rescue-Drop, I can have Jerrot take on all the Archers down there minus Klain. Let's do that with Gonzales and Shanna. I have Jerrot equip the Javelin for better accuracy.
Saul physics Shanna. I accidentally overwrote his level. I think it was Skill and Luck?

Lilina moves east and Clarine heals her.

Ending turn results
198_zps72b9f451.png

Brigand misses Lance and Lance retaliates in kind.
Other Brigand misses Lance.
Tate goes for Lance now. WHY?!
Archer aims for Saul. Miss.

Turn 13
199_zps94e7af3a.png

Jerrot couldn't kill a single Archer. Haaa. Damn.

KLAIN IS STILL DOWN THERE. WHAT THE FUCK. DUDE, STOP BEING LAZY AND GET YOUR ASS UP HERE.

Lilina kills an Archer after taking damage. She levels up.

200_zps7f9ba66d.png
Sure.

Allen gets rid of an Archer.
Lance heads southeast but still in range of the Iron Axe Fighter in hopes to help out his pals eventually.
Astore finishes off an Archer.

201_zps21023b6a.png
He's going to need this for the oncoming slew of enemies.

Shanna gets rid of the last Archer.
Only one among the Cavaliers has a ranged weapon. I heal Lilina from the south with Clarine. She should be able to survive since she's also out of Tate's range.

Roy murders a holy man. Time for a level up.

202_zps6b6e3a10.png
ROY. SERIOUSLY. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON THAT RES BUS?

Saul physics Lilina.

203_zps503d369a.png
Begin Cavalier onslaught.

More Brigands.
Steel Lance Cavalier misses Shanna and she hits him back.
Another miss and hit twice for a Steel Lance Cavalier. Shanna levels up.

204_zps8717f3ef.png
Unacceptable.

A Cavalier and Jerrot have a dodge party.
Lance dodges a Brigand.
Lance dodges Tate. I still don't understand why she's going for him but okay.
Javelin Cavalier misses Shanna.

Turn 14
205_zps9c19f002.png

For all that praise Clarine gives Klain, he sure is fucking lazy.
Gotta get rid of some Cavaliers so Clarine can possibly get to Klain some time soon.

Lilina misses twice of 82 hit chances. LILINA, YOU LITTLE SHIT.
Shanna finishes off a Cavalier.
Allen weakens the Javelin Cavalier.
Gonzales rescues Lilina so Lance can kill a Cavalier with his Javelin.
Jerrot weakens a Cavalier with his Javelin.
Lugh switches Jerrot's weapon to an Iron Axe before killing the Cavalier.
Astore kills the Javelin Cavalier.
Clarine heals Shanna. One more heal and she is leveling.

Forgot to take screenshot but the Cavalier goes for Lugh and hits him. Lugh hits him twice.
Tate goes for Lugh, misses, and gets pelted with two fireballs. Thankfully Lugh didn't crit.

Turn 15
206_zps728622dc.png

NOW YOU MOVE.

207_zpsc2268ef2.png
NOW LISTEN HERE, BRO.

208_zpsa28bef66.png
Recruitment theme. Yay.

212_zps44280608.png
You know, I give Clarine a hard time for going into enemy fire like she did.
But at least she wasn't SO LAZY LIKE YOU.

213_zpsddf26dcd.png
YOU BEING LAZY

Klain asks if his sis was able to find a mercenary for hire.

215_zps672f1b6e.png
"Joined." That's a word. More like "I want protection services HEEHEE."

217_zpscea132e5.png
Actually, no, Klain. She hasn't gotten as sharper as you think. In fact...
+2 HP, +1 Mag, +3 Skl, +4 Lck, +2 Def, +3 Res, from my data tables. That's an average of less than two stats per level up.
Does that sound sharper to you, Klain? No? Then I never want to hear that word used for Clarine ever again.

218_zps51f8ad69.png
Just no.

Klain asks his sis what Roy is like.
Direct quote being: "What kind of individual is General Roy?"

221_zps99081c23.png
wtf Clarine
Klain didn't ask about his appearance
Listen here
I am not putting up to you twos' shenanigans

223_zps57215fc2.png
At least she tells the truth just fine.

Klain says that he came here to protect the villagers.

227_zpsf7a6df34.png
Good. Now get Tate on our side before I outright murder her for both her incompetence and her lack of awareness of who she's dealing with.

229_zps0af84bf1.png
Sure, sure. Kiss-kiss. Incest-teasing.

I don't have enough movement to have Klain get Tate this turn.

Lugh kills the Cavalier. He levels up.

231_zps54367eee.png
That is very unacceptable

Saul has to physic Lugh to survive this turn.
I give Allen the other kill. He levels up.

232_zpsf28a1626.png
Speed of champions?

Doing a little moving around. Let's have Shanna visit a house.

233_zps8a00cff4.png
Okay.

234_zps6487fc84.png
I like how Shanna is giving that looks that's like, "Jeez, like, I don't even care right now."

237_zps4552cf5b.png
Thanks.
I should be more happy about a promotion item but it's an Orion's Bolt. Only useful for bow-users.
Sue's not trained.
Shin's gone.
I say no to Wolt or Dorothy.
Klain's already promoted.
I mean, unless Klain turns out worse than Sue trained, I have no use for an Orion's Bolt.
It's good money, I guess. I'll hold onto it for now.

238_zpsf6e1de98.png
... huh. So Merlinus does still take stuff not on the field.
Guess to make up for the fact that Merlinus sucks and he can't level the way he did from FE7.

Roy gets rid of the Priest.
I guess I can have Rutger get the Fighter south while everyone is heading back towards the boss.

239_zps6749f079.png
Lance will move to above Lugh to end this turn. This is so Tate won't move to a space where Klain can't get her.

Allen finishes off a Brigand.
Tate's like, "ONLY I CAN GET KLAIN-SEMPAI'S AFFECTIONS," and misses Clarine.
Brigands are coming.

Turn 16
240_zps27a2cedc.png

The enemy, now reduced to a vestige of its former self.

241_zps0855a8b3.png
LET'S NEGOTIATE.

243_zps17399c74.png
YOUR ARMY PULLED MERLINUS OFF THE MAP
YOU AMBUSH-SPAWNING NUISANCE

244_zps2708ebdd.png
You better after all the turns I wasted.

247_zps298ef827.png
Except I killed your entire band.
OH WELL.

So Tate. Um. Probably not going to be using her. I need to make room for the Wyvern Rider and unfortunately, at this point in FE games, Wyvern Riders have the same weapons unpromoted and upon promotion as the Pegasus Knights.
And yes, it seems I'm heading towards the route associated with the pegasus sisters just by me constantly using Shanna and disregarding Sue. Tate's contribution will be very little.
I'm trying to judge based on her initial stats but I want to say they're... bad? Shanna was a level 2 Pegasus Knight with 4 Strength while Tate is 6 at level 8. Granted, on average, I guess Tate would be superior to Shanna in Strength. I just happened to get a really Strength-blessed Shanna.
That Luck is pretty bad as well for crit avoid. Sorry, Tate!

Tate goes to get healed by Saul.
Shanna visits the southern house, where a man starts his spiel by telling us his granddaughter went missing months ago.

250_zpse12f1796.png
Well that's good.

251_zps33e250f5.png
HEY THAT'S MY UNIT YOU THREW STONES AT
NOT COOL, BRO

252_zpsf5838e0f.png
APOLOGIZE TO MY SUBORDINATE RIGHT NOW

254_zps880dd0f7.png
A Swordreaver? Neat!
After handing us this weapon, he asks us to apologize to Gonzales in his place. Would something special happen if Gonzales entered this house? I guess I won't find out this time.

Clarine heals Astore.

256_zpsb8708807.png
I think her average went up a little.
But hey she's now level 10.
And she's crappy as all get out.
Haaaa.

I have Jerrot rescue Klain and everyone gets on moving. We end this turn with:
257_zpsbbb5d3f5.png

Nothing much happened in enemy phase except Brigands moving.

Turn 17

Tate stops by the last house.

258_zps180f7e16.png
Yeah, Elphin left.
He gives us a Sleep staff. I don't really use status staves but they can be very helpful. I'll take it.

I have Tate stay in place so Saul can heal her.
The two Brigands are level 13. I think Roy should get the EXP off of them since like he's going to be doing fuck all to the General boss.

260_zpsc07b546c.png
With Rescue-Dropping from Allen and Lance, Roy is in position. Lilina is there for back-up. Clarine will move out of the way to end Turn 17.

Brigand misses Roy. Roy kills him.
The Hand Axe Brigand, for some reason, goes for Lilina... even though there is Roy right there, one point of HP from level up, unable to attack. Whatever. He misses and Lilina is not speedy enough to double him.
Rutger easily slaughters the Fighter down south.

Turn 19. Now we can fast-forward for boss-slaying.
Clarine heals Allen.
With a Rescue-Drop, Allen and Lance take Lugh to the boss so Zinque can switch to the Javelin.
Another Rescue-Drop with Jerrot and Astore so Roy can get healed by Saul. Saul is just one EXP away from leveling.

261_zps8c3ab62b.png262_zpsf20429f7.png
Zinque's boss quote, befitting for about any corrupt politician.
Zinque misses. Lugh hits him once and then pays him triple with a crit. Nice! Zinque is left with 5 HP as a result.

Turn 20

Well, Allen is the one who will get 100 EXP from the boss. Shall you do the honors, Allen?
I can't Seize this turn because Roy is too far away. In due time, my friend.

Allen misses his chance. Darn. Well, that's appropriate.

On enemy phase, Zinque switches to the Silver Lance and sinks it deep into Allen. Allen says, "Eat this!" and does a flashy crit-kill.

264_zpse42cf4a8.png265_zps7c0f95cc.png
My land now.

Perfect level up. What does he get?

266_zps15221e86.png
Allen yes

Turn 21

267_zps1b71b8d1.png
Oh hey. More Magic.

Time to Seize!

268_zps1f4cf7c1.png
Well what are you doing, old man? Send the poor Nils-sprite in!

269_zps84b4732d.png
You're not Nils!
Hi Elphin. He's come to thank us for saving the village.

271_zpsa39944e3.png
Yeah, I guess. It sucks but it's not like we haven't done this before.

272_zps04c0f7fe.png
Neither do I.
Except lazyass Klain and "I'll still fight my sister!" Tate.

274_zps4976a181.png
I'm not sure about that, Roy. We did kill some Etrurians, I believe?
So what was the secret about the Isles? That some parts of Etrurian people are going along with Bern?

275_zpsdf4dd28f.png
If Cecilia does, she would be pretty awesome!

277_zps09eedc8a.png
I do find it strange.

279_zps275677d4.png
Indeed they were!

281_zps2633bdd9.png
Of course. Typical.

282_zps815b5e14.png283_zps913e0214.png
I didn't see this one coming oh noooooooooooooo

286_zpsa3ff7024.png
Merlinus is still alive.
But huh, Roy?

287_zps7262a9d4.png289_zps973f2581.png
I guess? I don't know.
You could send the weak units like Tate, Dorothy, Wade over there to inspect the place.
If they don't come back, well, we confirmed that Bern invaded Lycia and it's not a loss for our army.
I'm a terrible person.

291_zpsb410bae5.png292_zps4e1e7f52.png
I am the true genius of this army!

294_zps2eafa58d.png
Now that's just mean, Elphin.

295_zpsf0d678e0.png
He probably doesn't get Ninian/Nils rings but okay. Sure. Arena abuse will be made easier.

296_zps1713dfc1.png297_zpsab28c310.png
I didn't like it either but if we must.

299_zps9e11fada.png301_zpsd77891e4.png
Okay.

303_zpscbb91ec6.png
Oh hey it's a Wyrmslayer. That is like not going onto Roy.

305_zpsbb92a86a.png
Silly Roy.

306_zps375afc87.png
Pretty much S rank a weapon, if I may say.
Speaking of, I wonder who I should have to master ranks in. I'll have to think on that later.

308_zps850be76f.png
Sure thing. All you did was give me a Door Key, though.

309_zps49c12cc3.png310_zps043f9e36.png
A Hero's Crest? Hey thanks!
Do I get this for seeing to all the villages? Cool.

Next time, I guess we're heading south.

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         13.55    30     11      10      12       9       7       8
Allen      Cavalier     17.45    35     13      13      16       8      10       1
Lance      Cavalier     15.40    31     10      11      18       6       6       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.02    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Peg Knight   16.43    25(+7) 11      14      20      17       6       7
Lugh       Mage         15.33    20      9      14      11      11       6       7
Clarine    Troubadour   10.32    17      3       9       9      13       4       8
Rutger     Myrmidon     17.10    33     11      20      19       7       6       3
Saul       Priest       12.10    24      6      12      14       4       2       8
Sue        Nomad         1.65    18      5       7       8       4       5       0
Lilina     Mage         11.90    21     11       5       9       7       3       9
Astore     Thief        12.96    27      7       8      17      11       8       3

Reset: 3
Lost: 2
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina

Wait, did you actually go through with Shanna talking to Tate? Because that's supposed to turn her and her units green. Klain can talk to her directly, but oftentimes Tate's units are blocking off their commander, so Shanna is helpful. Plus, if Klain's lazy ass doesn't get moving (which can happen to Tate too) you can just rescue Tate and bring her south.

Also, if all of Klain's archers survive you get a reward at the end, and if Tate's pegasi survive you get another one. The hero crest is indeed from saving all the villages. Using Lot or Wade to go to the two northern ones do give you better rewards. Better than a bloody door key, at least.

Alot of your units are stat screwed lol.

Btw, don't worry about using sacred weapons for bosskilling. They have 3x damage on Wyverns so you could use them to deal with Narshen and the like.

btw, that Roy might be able to survive that one pita gaiden chapter.

Lilina is pretty much like Micaiah. High magic, decent luck and res, but fragile and sort of slow. On hard mode she'd be walking target.

In chapter 8 Cath would appear, if she's alive.

Next chapter would be a good training chapter for lower leveled units, because the enemies are weaker than in the latest one. A good chapter for Lilina to catch up,

Plus EXP gains will get too shitty for higher levelled units. Only what you said should be done!

[spoiler=Chapter 8x-1 - *Lilina*s Designated Training Ground]

16_zps5705b21b.png17_zps5e94d1b8.png
This boss is horrible news. Another promoted boss--but a fucking Hero. Those stats will make people like Lugh and Lilina explode on contact.
He's constantly weighed down by at least -2 AS. The Hand Axe is 14 Spd and the Steel Blade is 12 Spd. The Steel Blade has 100 pure hit so the Hand Axe is 90 pure hit. This guy is not fucking around.
If he's equipped with the Steel Blade, a Slim Lance Shanna could double but probably do little-to-no damage. 5 Res total and 14 Def total. Yep. Even at WTA, she's not going to do jack all with a Slim Lance.
Lugh and Lilina attacking from afar is good. The Hand Axe is the least accurate.
A Steel Sword Rutger won't be able to double but neither can Henning. I can even go Killing Edge for full avoid and a huge crit chance. Now with B Clarine, that's some high crit and avoid.

37_zpsd14bc7f3.png38_zps5694f5be.png39_zps6f2f185f.png
Fire Emblem does love killing off their parents.

40_zps4af0bad1.png
She's strong because Roy's with her.
Obligatory ship obligatory ship.

47_zpsd97b66ac.png
Roland raised the Durandal above his head and did what Lilina said here, so it says in legends.
It truly is a wonderful sword---but probably not one we're going to wield until near the end of the game.
Because broken game would happen.

65_zpsbf5083de.png
Lilina
That's terrible.

Deke moves next to Clarine so she can heal him.

67_zps9ee30f47.png
Everyone moves as such.

For this enemy phase, Lilina took damage for standing on a lava tile. That's okay. Clarine will get a level up from this.

78_zpsb3189fa0.png
Hop on the Res bus! And finally he gets D rank swords.

...And having that 30+ Avoid and a few more defense on the throne to make it worse.
This boss is horribly difficult without a Killer/Silver Weapon.
He's the first 1/3 of the game's hardest boss.
She needs a hug. -.-
^__^
I have another hint for you...don't break the 12 fabled (Legendary) weapons.
It's good, actually.
She only fairly grows an amount in it upon average.
Even though it scares me that a crit may happen on one. But...it only seems to do that to the foes.
Oh, I've forgot to also say that wpn exp is awarded 2 upon every kill instead of one.
...And 51 pts is need to increase a wpn rank.

[spoiler=Chapter 8x-2 - *Magic Users +HP Levels*]
B support, go!

100_zpsec336cba.png
Yes, Lance. But have you noticed in this battle that Allen needed to give the enemies a handicap so his awesomeness doesn't blow them away?
Please don't underestimate my lord and savior.

101_zps5618eeea.png
Very appropriate for what Allen has been doing this map.

102_zps0fbcfd99.png
Not likely to happen, but go on.

103_zpsf1b25d8f.png104_zps4e20ce1a.png
Shut up, Lance. Don't jinx it.
I am NOT pulling an FE11.

105_zps10e7da5e.png106_zpse4ff342c.png
Okay, Lance, I know I've given you a hard time, but Anima/Fire support and your Speed with Allen's all-around... awesomeness, I guess?... have been doing good so far!
There's no need to off yourself when you've been contributing as long as you have to this team! Please!

107_zps875991d8.png109_zps03274134.png
ON SECOND THOUGHT
GO AHEAD
I CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE ALLEN

110_zpsf148bce9.png
These are some true bros right here.
It's beautiful. I might even shed a tear.

111_zps78b767a1.png113_zps9926d94e.png114_zps35de8831.png115_zps14a1c057.png
Oh crap. Allen's laying the smack down on Lance using... logic?!
The hot-headed one? Logic?!

117_zps9b870f2f.png118_zpsafe1d78d.png119_zps3fc88614.png
The finest of bros.

120_zpsee7afdbc.png
I think Allen might be my favorite character in FE6 right now.

140_zps31b39b96.png
POWER UP.

Shanna and Deke Rescue-Drop Lance out of harm's way.

174_zpsec17ce01.png175_zpsc42062db.png
Is he now? Good. I have this guy on my team eventually.

176_zpsf7d7b952.png
Bye!

178_zps91010203.png
Hi, Perceval.

179_zps640c05c2.png180_zps9819e853.png
Thanks.

181_zps02f18985.png
Damn. Cecilia has such resolve to go up against her king.

182_zpsb1af8930.png
"She almost died. Now, tally-ho!"

183_zps4d911afb.png
"My planet needs me."

185_zpsebd21d29.png
I've seen worse. Be glad he's your ally and not your enemy.

186_zps06551150.png
We've been baking in a volcano. Some of my units were burned by geysers of lava. I hope you understand that, yes, I'm "a little tired."

:D
That support made him grow good! :D
If you know that...?!
You take your wyverns and men and get out of here!
I know.
I don't like it either...but...it's like comparing Pikachu with Mewtwo.
Their horses probably have sore hooves after going through a volcano. Of course they're tired.

[spoiler='Chapter 9-2 - *Rutger Vs. the Pirate Army*]
226_zpsb3b8d4ff.png227_zpsea94bf7f.png
Well, there were those Torches I could have bought!

Let's do it!

250_zpse2db1885.png
1/2 crits
Scott misses.

251_zps48cbbb6e.png
2/2 crits
And that's a wrap!

252_zps158ee5a6.png253_zpsd34a6156.png
HE IS THE ULTIMATE MYRMIDON

254_zps0d3e59c5.png
still ultimate myrmidon

Clarine heals him for one final time.
And we're done!

It's bothersome that they have none (Torch Staves) to buy in the game!
It'd be a great way to raise staff rank by spamming with them on foggy maps.
Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa.....

[spoiler=Chapter 10.2-1 - *Let*s Get Social!*]

125_zpsca1f1c01.png
Reincarnation of Lachesis and Eltshan: confirmed
149_zps6c0d973a.png150_zps11103afd.png
I'm sorry but
First thing I think is the Pokemon in the Safari Zone
I am terrible
And this is terrible

You've played FE4?! Good!
It's a hell of alot better than this game. Although the amount of turns you have to spend dicking around to get to some destinations are annoying.
Till they changed it to something else in the Sappire/Ruby/Emerald era.

[spoiler=Chapter 10.2-2 - *Power of Siblings*]
229_zps0af84bf1.png
Sure, sure. Kiss-kiss. Incest-teasing.

I don't have enough movement to have Klain get Tate this turn.
238_zpsf6e1de98.png
... huh. So Merlinus does still take stuff not on the field.
Guess to make up for the fact that Merlinus sucks and he can't level the way he did from FE7.

Looks at Raquesis and Eldigan. Sho-
He can't possibly be used for battle. lol
Even though his growths are phenomenal.

Wait, did you actually go through with Shanna talking to Tate? Because that's supposed to turn her and her units green. Klain can talk to her directly, but oftentimes Tate's units are blocking off their commander, so Shanna is helpful. Plus, if Klain's lazy ass doesn't get moving (which can happen to Tate too) you can just rescue Tate and bring her south.

Also, if all of Klain's archers survive you get a reward at the end, and if Tate's pegasi survive you get another one. The hero crest is indeed from saving all the villages. Using Lot or Wade to go to the two northern ones do give you better rewards. Better than a bloody door key, at least.

I did go through the talk with Tate using Shanna. Hm. The only things I can think of why Tate and her unit didn't turn green was because I only talked to her once with Shanna.

Though Klain's unit would go for Tate's unit, right? I would like to show off the missing content of this Chapter 10 but I'll hold off for now until I have more answers.

Lot or Wade? Okay. I was thinking I had to bring both for the missing content run. Good to know!

Alot of your units are stat screwed lol.

Btw, don't worry about using sacred weapons for bosskilling. They have 3x damage on Wyverns so you could use them to deal with Narshen and the like.

btw, that Roy might be able to survive that one pita gaiden chapter.

I guess I notice it more with Clarine because healer. Taking forever to get a level + bad level = way more noticeable. lol

I see. I'll keep it in mind once I finally have a user with an S rank.

Res-bus Roy can survive a pita gaiden chapter? Oh man! I'm soooo excited! killme

I'll hold off on the main blind run's Chapter 11. How about we go back to Chapter 9 with the alternate run? I think I lost someone back there.

[spoiler=Alternate 1 - *Heart Power*]

chap91_zpsc8470c28.png

For the first episode of the Alternate story, let's skip to Chapter 9! Cath's episode will come when I actually recruit her.

There's this lad here who I killed off last time because I didn't bring Sue. But...

chap92_zpsc8470c28.png

I have Sue now. Whoo! I trained her a little as well so the other alternate route can be unlocked. It also helps that Shanna has not gotten Strength at all and she's... level 8 or 9.

Yeah, now I can see how Tate might be good. Base Tate has better Strength than Shanna. Haaaaa.

Sue has not gotten Strength either. Shin's looking like a good prospect right now.

Also, out of jabbing at him, I've called him "Heart" in the chapter title. The Kanji for kokoro ("heart, spirit") can also be read as shin.

chap93_zpsd0812757.png

Let's talk to Heart.

chap94_zps585e7047.png

Heart!

chap95_zpsbd104162.png

Out of all of the places you could have ended up, why would you search here for Sue?

chap96_zpsae646caf.png

Yes but getting here took a ship, didn't it?

I guess in hindsight on the other path, they did say there were prisoners that would become workers in the south, right? Maybe Shin came here because of that?

I don't remember.

chap98_zps1430660a.png

This is his only reason for protecting Sue.

chap99_zpsc8ab0db1.pngchap910_zpse8d9dde2.png

A little awkwardly phrased to me but I get it.

chap913_zpsb1dec54f.png

Where is Rath's daddy that threw him out in the world and told him to fend for himself even though he doesn't do this to Sue?

chap914_zpscdccabee.png

Old man is live and kicking.

chap916_zpsfefc9d1b.png

Is that you're only reason? Man, Shin, you really are Rath 2.0.

chap919_zps4a205269.png

Sue is enlisting the Nomad onto my team.

chap920_zpsdc7861b4.png

And he is agreeable.

chap921_zps0e2d475f.png

Yee gods, Shin, have some pride for yourself. Don't say "disposable."

I've shown off Shin's stats before except the D rank in bows. Being a Nomad and apparently a good bow-user, I'll be putting him to good use. So...

chap924_zps1a800c22.png

Take her stuff, Shin.

In this alternate run, I've also tried using Noah and Ogier. I will be happily replacing Sue for Shin.

chap928_zpsfed46256.png

So now this other village. What is here?

chap929_zpsaa677032.png

oh god that is very orange

Is she the ancestor to Gaius because soooooo ooooorange.

chap930_zpsb24a4c52.png

Oh, so we're going north this time? Okay.

chap931_zpsc3143b68.png

Dat's not cool.

chap932_zpsf2915fe9.png

I'm sorry, lady, for your loss.

chap934_zps287e3840.png

It's understandable. You did tell me an awful story.

chap936_zpsd6deb416.png

For the better, I hope.

chap937_zps2bd3f5e2.png

Wow! A Killer Bow! A little big insensitive, game, because the brother died but a Killer Bow for my new Shin!

Okay, now that I know why some people might not go to the other village, I don't think it's really that great of an idea to have a route split based on which village you go to since the villages have very different items.

Without much knowledge of what the routes are, a Killer Bow is better than a Restore staff. Even if the Restore staff has some good uses, statuses are just not that prevalent in FE games as much as normal battles.

My two cents on the matter.

I finished the map with little difficulties. Instead of power-leveling Rutger, I went with Noah, Ogier, and Shin. This is how their stats ended up:

chap940_zpsd401a256.pngchap941_zps929eac69.pngchap942_zpse2cdbd68.png

Now that we've been locked out of the village that said about the events going on in the south, we're...

chap944_zpsc87bfadf.png

Heading north!

chap945_zps8b1ac669.pngchap946_zpscae3a037.png

Instead of the resistance, we've got a case of slave laborers that we need to rescue. I wouldn't think I would be locked out of units like Elphin but since he was part of the southern resistance, I wonder what his role would be in the north?

chap947_zps65734a48.png

Let's so save some enslaved peoples and then possibly recruit them to my team!

The first of a few or so alternate run highlights. Next one should be on the alternate Chapter 10 in more fuller detail. I'm going to try and see if I can keep the alternate run in one post rather than the usual two but who knows.

EDIT: I absolutely forgot that the dialogue would change at the end. Thankfully I remembered before I skipped the ending. More screenshots with the ending dialogue are added in.

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Feel free to read this after you complete Chapter 20 on your alt playthrough]

Without much knowledge of what the routes are, a Killer Bow is better than a Restore staff. Even if the Restore staff has some good uses, statuses are just not that prevalent in FE games as much as normal battles.

If only you knew the horrible chucklefuckfest of staves with full-screen-range that await you on the Sacae route...admittedly, you can buy both restores and killers in Ch.13, and I will REALLY enjoy watching this if you don't stock up on restores then.

It's a pity you didn't decide to go with hard-mode on your alt playthrough, Shin's HM bases are utterly disgustingly amazing

[spoiler=Shin's HM Bases]

29/10/11/14/9/8/2

+5/+3/+3/+4/+3/+1/+2

(might be higher or lower depending on RNG/rounding, but yeah)

I guess I notice it more with Clarine because healer. Taking forever to get a level + bad level = way more noticeable. lol

[spoiler=Alternate 1 - *Heart Power*]

chap91_zpsc8470c28.png

For the first episode of the Alternate story, let's skip to Chapter 9! Cath's episode will come when I actually recruit her.

There's this lad here who I killed off last time because I didn't bring Sue. But...

You may want to consider dropping Clarine at this point since she grew lousy.

Don't bother with her. She isn't worth your time!
Your better off using Chad.

[spoiler=Feel free to read this after you complete Chapter 20 on your alt playthrough]

If only you knew the horrible chucklefuckfest of staves with full-screen-range that await you on the Sacae route...admittedly, you can buy both restores and killers in Ch.13, and I will REALLY enjoy watching this if you don't stock up on restores then.

It's a pity you didn't decide to go with hard-mode on your alt playthrough, Shin's HM bases are utterly disgustingly amazing

[spoiler=Shin's HM Bases]

29/10/11/14/9/8/2

+5/+3/+3/+4/+3/+1/+2

(might be higher or lower depending on RNG/rounding, but yeah)

You have to complete the game once to use the Hard Mode.

But it's pretty easy to get a save file with HM unlocked :) I know I got one here on SF

I actually didn't know how to do that and didn't bother to learn how to since I thought it would be a legit blind experience to play it like as though I got a new catridge. I kind of learned how to just by tinkering with an FE7 save.

Though if I did that now, would it overwrite my in-game saves? I haven't save-stated for FE6. Though I still probably won't do hard mode for the blind run, it would be good to know for other games.

My emulator/ROM knowledge is very limited. xD

There were many resets for this missing content run. Resets for unit death (I think two), resets because an Archer/Pegasus Knight died, resets because dumb AI.

Bottom line: I hope I got all the missing content, because without being an expert on this chapter, this was stupid. 8(

I apologize in advance. These screenshots are not from a single playthrough. I'm also not keeping this playthrough to become the main blind playthrough. I just wanted to show off the missing content and my reactions. :)

[spoiler=Missing Content 1 - *This Chapter is Loaded*]

chap%2010%201_zps4ij8046m.png

So I remember Klain appeared first for a couple turns before Tate and the Cavalier group come. I leave Rutger and Clarine here to intercept Klain.

One among the readers said that talking with Tate should have made her and her unit allies, so I think Klain should do the same.

chap%2010%202_zpsrilancg8.png

Yep. There they are. Except...

chap%2010%203_zpscomd2wd7.pngchap%2010%204_zpsx2h6madj.pngchap%2010%205_zpsswlytziu.png

Even when Clarine is in a forest and has A Rutger support, Klain outright slaughters his sister.

I mean, bro. What gives? Can you not see that's Clarine you killed?

This is the first of a few restarts and I didn't bother to capture all restarts so I'm providing the first one.

chap%2010%206_zpsbkel0liw.png

So from here on, I place Rutger on the forest and Clarine a couple spaces away.

chap%2010%207_zpshu5ft2wg.png

Aha! So Klain's group does go green after talking with Clarine. I have to keep these guys alive to get the other item.

Restart count because of Archers: 1

chap%2010%209_zpsga9q1t59.png

I have brought Lot to visit the northwestern houses close together. First up is Mary's.

chap%2010%2011_zps1zohymp6.png

I had decided for this one map that Lot can get back into the ballgame to see his friend's sister and the little girl who asked for Lot.

He did not "happen" to be nearby.

chap%2010%2012_zpsjv1cmxav.png

... Mieu? MIEU? What kind of name is that?

I try to look up if Mieu is a real name or something and...

First thing it gives me is from Tales of the Abyss:

Mieu_by_Kisa122.jpg

I have played the game but I mean why. I almost forgot about this thing.

But apparently it is a Vietnamese girl name meaning "salt." I'm not sure what to make of that.

chap%2010%2013_zpsvuaeynio.png

Why didn't you take care of her?

Come on, be a brother.

chap%2010%2015_zpsyw414z3w.png

Uh, Lot, about that. I'm hoping about on my save files so I can show off missing content and the like. Your promise will poof after this.

But at least know that since you're benched that you are safe from war. I will likely never send you out again.

chap%2010%2017_zpsmpjjy9oe.png

Come now, Mary. Don't be like that. I just explained why he will return.

chap%2010%2018_zps9axhsjio.png

Oh. Are these two lovers or something? Okay.

chap%2010%2019_zpsjjjsuyx0.pngchap%2010%2020_zps6jecwjzk.png

Thanks, Mary. It's good to see that you kept a weapon around instead of using it or something. Especially when the lord's men were around and could have broken into the house or Mieu's house or whatever.

chap%2010%2022_zpspqvgkz7d.png

Another Swordreaver! Now I feel bad that I won't keep this playthrough because two Swordreavers in a chapter is absolutely awesome!

chap%2010%2023_zpsclwq8agx.png

Hi Tate. I make sure to keep people away from Tate and her crew.

Except, the times her Pegasus Knights: suicided on Roy and suicided on a Brigand.

chap%2010%2024_zpsmmzxuw9v.png

Lot visits his anthropomorphic sister.

chap%2010%2025_zpsmnilrmuh.pngchap%2010%2026_zpstvdzzco8.png

That's nice, kiddo.

I mean, I don't know how old she's supposed to be but if this is her greatest accomplishment at this age, she's gotta be pretty young.

chap%2010%2027_zpswzpq2b7u.pngchap%2010%2028_zps3tdjc9uf.png

Because he is a good brother, he lies to her.

Wait...

Didn't he tell Mary "since our mother died?" I would assume their mother passed away a while ago and he saw it.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this. It's not like it's that important to the main story, right?

chap%2010%2029_zpsxkidigbp.png

Whatever it is, thank you, Mother.

chap%2010%2031_zpswdw7npkp.pngchap%2010%2032_zpsnkayqh8u.png

The bench is almighty. It will keep your brother from harm.

chap%2010%2033_zps8rj7mapn.png

You are not taking stuff from Merlinus' wagon, Lot.

There are sharp objects in there for her to cut herself on.

chap%2010%2034_zpszla2revd.pngchap%2010%2035_zpsapnzwqpa.png

They should have done this HOURS AGO.

chap%2010%2036_zpstggcybjz.pngchap%2010%2037_zpsb1hizx2g.png

The bench is almighty, the bench is life.

chap%2010%2038_zpsiemtesqy.png

Oh hey, a Speedwings! That's like not going onto Lot!

chap%2010%2039_zpsbbsrt2ja.png

Now that we have Klain, let's talk to Tate.

And a little bit into the conversation later...

chap%2010%2041_zpsjommkwww.png

It looks like Shanna somehow got the word that Klain joined our ranks despite he's all the way down south. That's cool.

chap%2010%2042_zpsysktbuhq.pngchap%2010%2043_zpswdlnnno2.png

WOOT

So her Pegasus Knights kept suiciding or someone kept dying. In one particular playthrough, she went Klain on me and didn't move for one turn.

And then she went for the Physic Priests. I mutter: "You little shit..."

chap%2010%2045_zpsqldldxd3.png

LET ME TALK TO YOU. After Klain was all the way south and she could have stupidly gone for the boss or the Killer Axe Fighter just south of here.

So about that old man that references to Gonzales and throwing rocks at him?

chap%2010%2046_zpsznhs52yy.png

He doesn't apologize to Gonzales right there.

Fucking old man.

After I rid myself of the boss, enter the complex, get visited by Elphin and Mary, we get presents from our allied subordinates!

chap%2010%2048_zps6mds8tnb.png

That's good. Though none of the villages were torn down.

chap%2010%2049_zpspxcobymz.png

I don't need bad ally units.

chap%2010%2050_zpsxljji6fi.pngchap%2010%2051_zpspluhvwbo.png

Another Orion's Bolt? Cool.

Though Klain can't use this, you nimwit.

chap%2010%2052_zpsbw2evesh.pngchap%2010%2053_zpsnsxogo5u.png

Good on ya. I would like for them to hear good results.

chap%2010%2054_zps2keqkyvh.pngchap%2010%2055_zpsnd5cqg2f.png

Now here's an item Tate can use!

Except she won't because this is a good Shanna playthrough!

But nonetheless, it's still a good item!

I missed some pretty good stuff. Damn. :c

Edited by Dual Dragons

I actually didn't know how to do that and didn't bother to learn how to since I thought it would be a legit blind experience to play it like as though I got a new catridge. I kind of learned how to just by tinkering with an FE7 save.

Though if I did that now, would it overwrite my in-game saves? I haven't save-stated for FE6. Though I still probably won't do hard mode for the blind run, it would be good to know for other games.

My emulator/ROM knowledge is very limited. xD

Uhh, if you tried loading the save onto the same rom, it'd overwrite your old saves, yeah. If you wanted to use a save-file with HM unlocked though, you should just make another copy of your rom to play with that set of saves instead.

As for that chapter...yeah, FE6 has a lot of those subtle un-hinted at requirements such that you don't even know you're missing out on stuff.

[spoiler=Missing Content 1 - *This Chapter is Loaded*]

chap%2010%2015_zpsyw414z3w.png

Uh, Lot, about that. I'm hoping about on my save files so I can show off missing content and the like. Your promise will poof after this.

But at least know that since you're benched that you are safe from war. I will likely never send you out again.

chap%2010%2019_zpsjjjsuyx0.pngchap%2010%2020_zps6jecwjzk.png

Thanks, Mary. It's good to see that you kept a weapon around instead of using it or something. Especially when the lord's men were around and could have broken into the house or Mieu's house or whatever.

chap%2010%2022_zpspqvgkz7d.png

Another Swordreaver! Now I feel bad that I won't keep this playthrough because two Swordreavers in a chapter is absolutely awesome!

chap%2010%2033_zps8rj7mapn.png

You are not taking stuff from Merlinus' wagon, Lot.

There are sharp objects in there for her to cut herself on.

chap%2010%2038_zpsiemtesqy.png

Oh hey, a Speedwings! That's like not going onto Lot!

I missed some pretty good stuff. Damn. :c

Warriors are someone you should consider using.
If there is one to ever use...it's Lot. Plus a bow user with alot more HP and Str is always a good thing. Look at Geitz in FE7. He's considered the ultimate Bow user in that game. Plus no cost of an Hero Crest.
You also can't buy these in this game. Reavers/Busters(Played it in Jap too) cannot be bought.
We would never... D:
He should get it if you are using him.
Edited by PuffPuff

Busy life, busy life. I'll be back on the main blind run soon enough. I'll answer to posts first.

Uhh, if you tried loading the save onto the same rom, it'd overwrite your old saves, yeah. If you wanted to use a save-file with HM unlocked though, you should just make another copy of your rom to play with that set of saves instead.

As for that chapter...yeah, FE6 has a lot of those subtle un-hinted at requirements such that you don't even know you're missing out on stuff.

So, DualDragons, it's getting to the point where you should probably make a decision about the Gaiden chapters how much we should tell/hint

Ahhh. I see. I should have figured ROMs could be treated differently. Thanks for letting me know!

Reminds me of the Soldiers in FE7's chapter with Raven and Lucius--except far more annoying because hey! Cavalier group, incoming Mercenary and Shaman on the east side, and Pegasus Knights suiciding themselves on my units or the Brigands. At least now I have a better way to handle it.

Seems the first option just won out by a vote. I've been mulling it over. Would it be fair to offer a compromise? Like if I attempt the chapter 5-10 times without a hint and I still can't get the gaiden requirement then people can hint or tell me the requirement? I would put in screenshots showing the chapter status screen, the unit list, and the save screen if it helps, as well as what method (turn count, levels, etc.) I attempted each run.

Warriors are someone you should consider using.
If there is one to ever use...it's Lot. Plus a bow user with alot more HP and Str is always a good thing. Look at Geitz in FE7. He's considered the ultimate Bow user in that game. Plus no cost of an Hero Crest.
You also can't buy these in this game. Reavers/Busters(Played it in Jap too) cannot be bought.
We would never... D:
He should get it if you are using him.

Aye. Yes. I guess I'm still colored from FE7's Dorcas and Bartre. Also bad accuracy axes.

I just remembered that I need a S rank axe- and bow-user and realized that I would have none of those at this rate, haha. Though whether to assign S axe or S bow to Warrior Lot will be the question.

Geitz was so good--at least in ranked play. Loved that guy.

If reconsidering Lot, I'll need to fit him somewhere. Sue's just been neglected and will probably be dropped. Clarine, as sad as I am to say this, is looking like another drop because bad stats. I have the first few screenshots of Chapter 11 (haven't started the chapter), and oh boy does Lot need to catch up. I have been considering dropping either Lugh or Lilina since it seems I'll be getting limited Guiding Rings; one should go to Saul, I'm thinking, and one needs to be decided between Lugh and Lilina.

I would think Lilina the better choice since accuracy for tomes is not as big of an issue. Power seems more important. She does need more Speed though and I don't even think she's gotten an increase in Skill yet. A knowledge of supports she could have would have helped me but alas. 'Tis the nature of a blind run, haha.

You can use Klein for the S bows, he's probably the best option you have right now(cause you killed Shin) barring a prepromote down the road. Getting Lot to S Bows will be a pain.

As for S axes, I personally prefer to use a Berserker like Gonzales or a pirate you get down the road. Be warned that misses may occur often due to the crap accuracy of axes. But if you played FE7, you would know about the critical bonus of SM and Berserker. Yet another reason why Rutger is God.

Edited by momogeek2141

Seems the first option just won out by a vote. I've been mulling it over. Would it be fair to offer a compromise? Like if I attempt the chapter 5-10 times without a hint and I still can't get the gaiden requirement then people can hint or tell me the requirement? I would put in screenshots showing the chapter status screen, the unit list, and the save screen if it helps, as well as what method (turn count, levels, etc.) I attempted each run.

Alright. The next chapter with a gaiden (no hint of requirements here) is...

Chapter 12! Good luck :)

You can use Klein for the S bows, he's probably the best option you have right now(cause you killed Shin) barring a prepromote down the road. Getting Lot to S Bows will be a pain.

As for S axes, I personally prefer to use a Berserker like Gonzales or a pirate you get down the road. Be warned that misses may occur often due to the crap accuracy of axes. But if you played FE7, you would know about the critical bonus of SM and Berserker. Yet another reason why Rutger is God.

You bring valid points about Klain and Lot.

Yes, crit bonuses for those two classes. Rutger is looking really good--wish I could say the same for any Berserkers I could get.

@elf_01: I steel my nerves for the gaiden.

*This first part ends before Turn 7 starts

I'm over the hump of putting off the blind run's Chapter 11. Looks like the poll has now shifted to having me be blind even on the gaiden chapters. Hopefully if one is coming up soon, I'll not be restarting like 20 times.

Southward bound we go!

[spoiler=Chapter 11-1 - *Jumping Off Cliffs and Ballistae*]

1_zpshbifsitk.png

I do not approve of this. I do not approve of him ursurping my role.

5_zpsmgkmc1ad.png6_zpssaxc0jnd.png

Just add "of Death" to any place and it becomes x10 more scarier. Oooooh.

7_zpse7darrcb.png

But of course.

Making a pit stop at Edina. Sounds like fun.

9_zpss94kstbp.png14_zpsdllveymx.png

These are not fun. Hi, Ballistae! Ready to shoot down my Pegasus Knights today?

Also I see that the arrow amount is added and is that... is that an avoid bonus?

What. Come on. Castles? Sure. Thrones? A bit weirder but okay. A ballista? No.

We got ourselves a probably shorter range but higher Might ballista and a longer range lower Might ballista. Fun times!

Now my problem is how much damage do the ballistae do. I could never remember the ballista Might for the life of me. They're still going to be on that x3 effective bonus to fliers so better keep them out of the way.

Hopefully the ballistae stay in their place like FE7 does?

Also, of course that ballista is covering a village. The other one is just... there, I guess.

There's a Vendor but no Armory. Interesting.

20_zpse4f1iae1.png

Forts for reinforcements probably. Likely will be Pirates because the village is right there.

So the enemy line-up.

11_zpsuokhodgt.png12_zpsqwstgc0h.png13_zpso8f4oopd.png15_zps87knoo1f.png

Standard fair. There is only one Shaman and he's guarding the longer range ballista Archer.

16_zpstdfcbdrk.png17_zpsgj94z1kb.png

Generic promoted units already? It feels like so long ago when I was just at the first chapter and battling mostly Fighters.

But of course a Berserker. Who loves that Berserker crit bonus? I sure do

Thankfully only has a Steel Axe and hey Allen or Lance in a forest giving support bonus could benefit from this guy's EXP. A level 3 promoted. It'll be a good time.

There are two mountain tiles so someone like Roy/Lilina, Rutger/Clarine, even Astore could just poke this guy to death without suffering any injuries.

18_zpsrpu5uiji.png19_zpslsspru58.png

Hi Legance--I mean Morgan--I mean Legance--No really Morgan.

Another General on a castle. Because I love tank bosses on dodgetank terrain. He's packing some stats.

He's also packing some good equips. At least he has a Javelin so I can force him into that.

20 Defense and 52 Avoid. I ain't hitting him with a Hammer you kidding.

Looks like I'm pelting him with magic despite the 13 Resistance.

21_zps3gxgrbqr.png

So a moment dedicated to Clarine. I feel like I have to let her go at this point because she's been doing so awfully that she's not likely to be a candidate for a Guiding Ring.

Likely candidates for Guiding Rings is a toss-up for Lugh or Lilina and then Saul. I feel like I'm guaranteed for two Guiding Rings and will not anticipate a third.

I would have really liked to have a Valkyrie--but alas. It was not meant to be.

I think I'll take her along for her great Thunder affinity bonus for Rutger but I think all healing is going to be minimal for her if Saul can't reach a person.

22_zps9oqd7njr.png

I'm thinking of going with Klain. I think he can be fine for my Archer/Sniper. He even comes with A bows. I just hope he grows into a fine Sniper.

For my axe-user, I'm going to wait until another axe-user comes up. Gonzales' Skill is bad and my units look a bit lacking in EXP. Axe-user can wait.

23_zpslvemfa64.png

I'm still not sure who to drop between Lugh or Lilina. Lugh has the better stats except in HP, Mag, and Res but he's also higher-leveled.

I may not use him much in this map since he's about equal with the enemies but I'll keep him there for magical insurance.

If he still turns out better than Lilina, I guess he's the best candidate for the Guiding Ring. If only Lilina would get more Speed and Skill.

24_zps8ukm1m1e.png

Positions. Also, Clarine has a Killing Bow in case Klain needs that.

Starting now...

25_zps38bsblky.png

I can tell you I am not doing one of these because ballistae.

27_zpsqikpxhwd.png28_zps6hmrsqsv.png

Legance--I mean Morgan moves into the castle I'm guessing and these civilians come out. Something tells me I'll need to save them.

Man on right has a very good point.

31_zpstbfzw4ti.png32_zpsbuawgqgh.png

I will help you if you don't go all stupid on me.

Meanwhile, at the castle...

33_zpsxm4k2fae.png

I don't know who this is but looks somewhat cross-eyed to me.

34_zpstu1w9smz.png

Hi... Erik?

That must be Erik's body, head, and hair portions.

It's the battle of the rehashed sprites! Save me!

Also: drugging.

35_zpsoue1qr6b.png

Is this traitor someone I can recruit?

37_zpsbme4wm16.png

Ah. This is Lord Arcardo. I wonder if I will get to kill this guy.

He wants Morgan and his men to pursue and eliminate the civilians. I will not allow this.

38_zpsl3fnbxay.png

Dang it. He's getting away.

Paladin (probably Lord Arcardo) leaves and Mercenaries come out. They'll probably there to hunt down the civilians. No!

40_zpszqrdvwli.png

Roy asks Elphin if seizing that castle is our objective. Because clearly we haven't done seizing enough for him to just assume automatically.

Elphin basically reiterates what happens: slave laborers get sent to Castle Edina and then sent to Eburacum. Isn't this like the third time I'm told this?

44_zpsbhzdohaq.png45_zpsloa4lbcr.png

This however is new. And Roy successfully deduces that we must rescue them as part of our daily spread of charity and goodness.

46_zpsw6wpc2ew.png

Elphin is a crafty man. I still don't trust him being our advisor.

48_zpsql3ehmd4.png

Not good news either way.

Heading north from their positions means they're heading towards the ballista and the Berserker's direction.

Heading south means they're running towards the Mercenaries and other ballista.

49_zpsvyiplph8.png

I'm not exactly certain what this means. I would assume that they have to exit to the northeast similar to the situation in Awakening with the villagers going southwest?

But with that we start and here are enemy positions on Turn 1:

50_zpsvcikmxdr.png

Alright! There's a bit of a problem, however.

51_zpsfbc5oxqo.png

The ballista can already go for the civilians and, yes, looks like the civilians are going to be heading north and wrapping to northeast.

Seems like I'll have to be mad-rushing. What it appears like I can do is send a small force south to get to the village and send the majority of the group to the west.

The ballista and Berserker are the most troublesome things but hopefully things will work out.

52_zpsibmyy0vy.png

Oh. I didn't notice I had Elphin. I'll check him out.

53_zpst0y82gbw.png54_zpsa0etkmeh.png

Mm. No rings. I am sad.

What are you doing with Strength, you weirdo. Bards don't need Strength. Or Skill.

I'm not sure what to feel about GBA Bards/Dancers. I can't remember Tethys that well but at least Ninian had rings to balance out that they can't fight.

Elphin has an Angelic Robe and a Blue Gem, which I guess can hint that you give him the Angelic Robe. Not a good use of resources on a character that can't fight and you shouldn't risk getting into combat anyways.

He's not looking great compared to Ninian but he's a Bard so he works.

Looks like you'll be a permanent addition to the team.

I set Rutger into the forest.

Shanna will protect Elphin once I have him refresh someone.

Actually. One moment.

55_zpsugpawobv.png

WHY DID THE GAME SET LUGH ON A CLIFF FOR A DEPLOYMENT SLOT

I DON'T

I CANNOT COMPREHEND

GOOD STRATEGIC PURPOSE IF I KNEW

BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND

56_zpsntbnminy.png

LILINA TOO

MY BRAIN IS MELTING OUT OF THE EARS

Lance rescues Allen and I have Elphin play for them.

58_zpscb1mbxzj.png

That's a harp, right? Or is that supposed to be a lyre?

Were personal harps or lyres ever bigger than a person's head like that?

Or their chest? Or as long to go from the chin to the hip?

Anyways it's okay music both for the background and the instrument. It keeps a sparkle circle around the unit. I guess cute?

Oh, and the bird moves. That might have been a little excessive.

Lance darts off next to a forest on the west side and plants Allen on it. I hope A rank comes soon!

59_zpsqd8tvpov.png

Merlinus will move to Clarine's north.

Mercenary hits Roy. Roy goes, "GET OUT," and crit-kills him.

The Steel Axe Fighter doesn't have a chance of hitting Rutger but he tries. Rutger cuts him up twice.

Steel Axe Fighter has a 1 hit shot at Lance. Lance denies him this opportunity and nearly kills the Fighter. Lance gets a rank up in swords.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Shanna.

61_zpswzd4hjbu.png

Oh wow! The ballistae have animations!

Why was this missing in FE7?! They even had FE6. They could have reused them!

Anyways, I now have the stats on this guy. He misses Lance after a whooshing sounds that gets a chuckle out of me.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Lance.

I forgot about the civilians. I guess the ballista doesn't mind them.

Turn 2

62_zpss7xvaiqy.png

I just realized that the ballista could get Lance despite his movement being listed. Shanna's going to have to stay grounded for a bit until the ballistae run out of their arrows.

I give Roy the weakened Fighter kill. I guess Roy was mad about getting scraped earlier because he crit-kills that guy. God, Roy. Roy levels up.

63_zpsjy3btm63.png

Engage dodgetank parameters.

Saul heals Roy.

So Rutger was supposed to weaken the other Fighter for Lilina but no. Rutger crit-kills him first chance. Oi, Rutger, please be a better team player.

The Fighter down south is a Hand Axe Fighter and while I would risk Lilina to encounter him, she cannot use the forest and the space is in range of the ballista. I think I'll use Klain instead.

Klain runs as south as he can and Elphin plays for him. Klain moves into proper position, which is just south of the southern forest.

Let's get rid of a Hand Axe Fighter. Allen can do just that with his Iron Sword. He moves to the Hand Axe Fighter's west and kills him with no difficulties.

Lance kills the other Fighter after moving to Allen's east. Allen's in range of the Berserker, by the way.

64_zpsryi5ad77.png

I had moved Lilina into a spot where she could get hit by the longrange ballista when I wasn't being careful. I hope she will be okay.

Jerrot moves to Merlinus' west, ending Turn 2.

Steel Axe Fighter misses Allen and gets slaughtered.

Other Steel Axe Fighter meets same fate.

Allen dodges mighty Berserker's axe. I'm grateful since Berserkers are crit-happy.

66_zpsxpw3hfaf.png

And then I laugh out of coincidence. Allen levels up!

67_zpshkrsnne6.png

I'll take more Strength.

Surprisingly, longrange ballista goes for Klain. He hits! AGH

Hand Axe Fighter also hits Klain. NO. Klain hits him twice for good measure.

THE OTHER BALLISTA. DANG IT--

68_zpsx6ramihz.png

ohthankgod

The lower hit attacks hit him but not the highest? Game just messes with me all day every day.

Turn 3

Okay. A little too close for comfort. Let's not do that again. And I also accidentally overwrote the Turn 3 beginning screenshot. Here's a screenshot after Lilina's level up in a bit.

70_zpswhymsyzv.png

If I can get the south ballista this turn, that would be swell.

Klain softens up the Mercenary with his Steel Bow.

Lilina cooks herself some delicious Mercenary EXP and goes for a level up.

69_zpsopz9mnyj.png

I'LL TAKE IT

Rutger takes the Fighter kill.

Roy and his Iron Sword just has enough Attack to kill the Fighter. Easy pickings!

I have Lance have a go at the Archer. He is able to hit him twice without damage. Lance now is an ace in lances for now.

Allen kind of has to wipe out the Archer so there isn't a nuisance on enemy phase. Allen has Lance switch to the Iron Sword for better Avoid and then kills the Archer.

Klain is in the spot where I want Elphin. Shanna and Astore Rescue-Drop Klain into the forest just north of where he was.

Jerrot's job is to take out the ballista Archer. Elphin plays for him after Jerrot moves. Jerrot switches to the Steel Sword for slightly better accuracy and is successful in killing the ballista Archer. Another nuisance down!

Saul heals Klain.

71_zps70xe9ak1.png

Allen is northwest Cavalier. Clarine will move to Merlinus' north, ending Turn 3.

I'm not good with ballista calculations.

72_zpsgamw0zc4.png

ELPHIN CAN'T TAKE A HIT.

I also didn't anticipate the other Archer to take up the ballista. He hits Elphin to near death. Yikes!

Turn 4

74_zpsjacwuxju.png

So either ballista have a constant Mt unaffected by Strength or they do get affected by Strength. Like I said, I never was good at remembering ballista calculations.

The long ballista should have between 12 or 19 Mt, and the normal ballista has 8-15 Mt. I probably should have figured that out before I decided to put Elphin where he was because that was close.

I have decided to look at the civilians.

75_zps5ijrxnej.png76_zpsr07hmxgm.png77_zps8zuadk3u.png78_zpslrldaq8q.png

They didn't bother to recolor sprites despite using the exact same characters. Come on, guys. You bothered to recolor them in houses in different chapters. What gives?

These stats would make me sad.

They're all carrying Vulneraries but watch. I'm going to guess that there's an ambush spawn on the mountains just to make me flip.

It's going to take two turns for Jerrot to make it to the village. I have him visit the vendor.

79_zpswmzmuwks.png80_zpsnj0ob8tp.png

First time Lightning appears! Saul should definitely gets one or two of these once he promotes.

I'm starting to run low on coffers but I still got Klain's white gem to sell at the Trade Armory.

81_zpsptcmyuer.png

Then I notice this. Its accuracy was lowered but it has the same Might as a Fire tome. I thought Light magic was the most accurate but the weakest. Huh.

Before I buy anything, I check my convoy. I still got a couple Heals, a tome of Thunder, three sets of Chest Keys, and four Door Keys. Lilina has 36 Fire charges and 15 Thunder charges. Lugh's got 12 Fire and 20 Thunder uses.

I'm thinking if I drop either Lugh or Lilina, I'm good on their Anima magic.

I'll go for two tomes of Lightning for Saul when he promotes and Jerrot moves towards the village.

Lilina has to give Roy support bonuses so Roy can kill the ballista Archer. Finally that nuisance is gone.

There's still a few uses of that ballista left. I have a plan.

I have Elphin play for Klain. Except apparently a ballista takes up movement? I think? I'll set Klain near the ballista and he shall take it up to snipe at that other ballista.

Shanna and Astore combine their efforts to Rescue-Drop Elphin out of danger.

82_zps0boaj8pa.png

Showing the positons of the more important people. I haven't moved Lance and Allen in case of ambush spawn near the civilians.

83_zps9yyieb8b.png

HI DRUID

Ohhh no. They're heading towards the civilians. That's not good!

Long ballista misses Lugh. Huh. I would have thought he would go for Saul. Okay.

Turn 5, with spawning group

84_zpslzjhaebj.png

85_zpsyfm5zztw.png

HEY THERE BUDDY

HOW'S YOUR MAGIC DOING TODAY

Only Flux but eesh that's 25 Attack. Those civilians will be slaughtered!

And even my units could be slaughtered!

The long ballista has one bolt left. Means I'm free to do...

86_zpszyectt8f.png

Uh... wait.

You...

The reason they got animations was because I couldn't use them?

What the heck, game. You ruined my fun!

Fine! Be that way!

Saul heals Klain.

Jerrot visits the village.

87_zps6lsksvqm.png

Absurdly orange-haired kids make a come back.

For our assistance, he gives us a Red Gem that he found while escaping the castle. Thanks, kid!

92_zpscshu2i0f.png

I see that I can't go this way.

First the cliff deployment slots and now this? BEST GAME DESIGN.

I forget that I had a plan for Elphin and Shanna to move past the long ballista and messed up where I would have dropped Elphin for this turn.

So Elphin plays for Shanna who landed just south of where Elphin can go. Shanna rescues him and moves south and out of the range of the long ballista Archer.

Astore and Clarine should be able to survive a long ballista attack. I end Turn 5 as such:

93_zpszpaqhlmz.png

Allen and Lance are still in their current positions. Merlinus can't move this turn without dying to ballista attack.

Pirate reinforcements!

Clarine has just enough HP to survive the long ballista attack. She dodges it anyways.

At the village I visited...

94_zpsbg87a7ea.png

Geese? You're related to Geitz, aren't you? Cool.

95_zpsztxzfgcg.png

"Mates"? Ohhhh. You must be a Pirate! Great! I was wondering about you.

96_zpskvzpiztk.png97_zpsj176x7mu.png

I'm sorry to hear that, man.

98_zpsatptwbwy.png

Why must the good always die?

100_zps9rshtmed.png101_zpsot0vvvnm.png

Yes, actually.

102_zps3ynfjedj.png

Not now, lady. He's going with me.

103_zpsxnfs5gxa.png

Wasn't that the merchant business Geitz didn't like or something?

104_zpsxhmvmc2o.png

Geese sounds like a cool guy. I would like him as a part of my team.

Geese has himself a first encounter.

106_zpsib48c8vh.png

Oh god, Geese. You need Skill help, pronto!

Turn 6

107_zpsdnx0hogw.png

Hopefully Geese isn't a problem to recruit? Roy is able to talk to him. Please don't be difficult.

109_zpsheox3j25.png

Recruitment theme!

Well this is convenient timing! How are you, my man?

110_zpsv4ggv5sd.png111_zpsqwxsrs3b.png

I AM ROY, SON OF ELIWOOD. I'M LIKE A QUARTER-DRAGON AND--

Nah. Roy gives a simple introduction and tells Geese that we're with Etruria.

112_zps5izuyv1z.png

I'm hoping this won't turn him off.

113_zpsq2gnti1u.png

HE WAS TURNED OFF

114_zpsubeyzwhc.png

Fir was the first time I had to settle someone down. This probably won't be the last time.

Geese and Roy don't understand what is up with Etruria. I don't either.

120_zpsk8jubko1.png

Indeed, good sir. Now please don't kill Roy.

118_zpsmlohzeek.png

Definitely!

122_zpsfwgavgkt.png123_zpsc7oojyow.png

Yeah, well. Gonzales is a Brigand. Most Fire Emblem games just send me to poke them to death with swords.

And aren't you the first Pirate since Darros? No, you're okay, Geese.

124_zps4zfkagvd.png

I heard this before.

Except that character decided to get in my way.

Don't get in my way, Geese.

Roy agrees to this deal since we're not locals of the West Isles.

127_zpstrbwu3tg.png128_zpsuehbaez2.png

Geese says his final words to his mates.

Aye. Now there's a good lad.

129_zpszlo24i7c.png

Geese! I think his bases are not too shabby. Pirates are known for their bad Skill though so that 9 Skill will either get capped soon or never go into the double digits.

Now, next thing to address: Ocean Seal. I have a bad feeling the Ocean Seal is not going to be in a place where I can easily find it.

I hope I can find it. I kind of want to use Geese but I don't want him to get capped on his power because I can't find the Ocean Seal.

That Fire affinity is good if only I knew who he could support with. Maybe Cath if she was still alive?

Anyways, let's have Shanna murder that longrange Archer now with no more bolts and the Shaman trying to guard him. I have Shanna drop Elphin as far west she an before moving a space north.

Rutger easily kills the north Pirate.

Klain moves in range of the Hand Axe Fighter with Lilina near him. They make a somewhat decent team.

Clarine takes an Iron Axe from the convoy and moves near the Pirate.

Geese takes the Iron Axe and attacks the Pirate. They trade blows.

Jerrot and Saul do a Rescue-Drop to get Clarine out of danger.

131_zps3nleheal.png

Allen and Lance still are holding positions. Also still no A for them. It sure it taking a while.

More Pirates!

Rutger kills a Pirate.

The other Pirate goes for Roy. Roy, that was supposed to be Geese's kill! However, Roy's sword rank goes up.

Geese and a Pirate trade blows.

Hand Axe Pirate takes the Klain bait. He misses and gets pelted by two shots.

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 11-2 - *Bartre is Ripped*]
Turn 7
132_zpsecgfxs65.png

Still no signs of A Allen/Lance. What's up, you two?

Geese gets his first kill this journey.
Saul heals a beaten up Geese.
Lilina burns a Fighter to a crisp.
Elphin plays for Shanna to get in range of that Archer north. I guess I can also send her north to intercept the Druid group.
Shanna kills that Archer no sweat. Archer annoyed me before the map started.
Jerrot and Klain Rescue-Drop Roy closer to the bridge.

133_zpsysixbq5f.png
Allen and Lance, still choking points.

Pirates incoming.
Rutger crit-kills a Pirate.
Geese and a Pirate hack at each other.
Shaman misses Shanna.
Civilians are hopefully safe at this point as they have run past Allen and Lance.

Turn 8
134_zpsvrdw20ap.png

Shanna is pretty safe where she is thanks to lack of peak-traversing enemies.

135_zpscqthboqp.png
I actually check into the Pirate stats since Geese was getting less than I was expecting. They're not even double-digit levels!
Poor guy's not going to eat right with these low-level Pirates but I might as well feed him these guys.

Geese keeps feasting off of them.
Saul patches him up.
Shanna kills the Shaman from the north. She'll be in range of the Druid group.
Roy is provoking the south enemies. I have Lilina move a space away since I remembered that FE6 employs a limited support point gain system.
Elphin plays for Roy for all the EXP.

136_zpsafdnacra.png
Everyone's positions. Druid group is almost in sight by Allen and Lance.

No more Pirate reinforcements.
Fighter misses Roy. Roy cries for more crit-kills. Dang Roy is angry today! He's 4 EXP from leveling!
Steel Sword Mercenary hits Roy. Roy cuts him back. There's that level up.

137_zpshlvbn8t0.png
I know that Roy's promotion time is very late but... hopefully not too... late?
Who am I kidding. It's probably the semi-last chapter of the game or some weird timing like that.

Archer misses Roy.

138_zpsr0o51wtd.png
Uh...
BARTRE, WHY NOW?
I DON'T HAVE FIR.
AND YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE MY KILLS. NO. GO AWAY.

139_zpsxkv2jwny.png
Oh that's just swell. Just dandy.

140_zpsc9uyhj5j.png141_zpsyezizhik.png
I miss out on a prepromote because this game's lack of telling me anything or hinting anything before the start of the map.
I am crying for FE6's blood right now.

142_zpsgygcy71z.png
Yeah. No. I'm not calling out the joke right now. Bartre, why?!

143_zpsuvq7ichq.png
Please go away, Bartre.

He and his men are heading towards the enemy group.

Turn 9
145_zpsncsthdvg.png

Well then. Great. I miss out on Bartre because I probably needed to take Fir to this map.
Haaaaaa.

146_zpsuqr9sc7j.png147_zpssk5yerz6.png
I'm a bit insulted, Bartre. I'm a bit insulted that YOUR STATS WERE SHIT IN FE7.
And you have a Brave Axe. I miss out on a Brave Axe!
Other than his Speed, he's looking pretty good for a Warrior. Like wow good. And he must have at least B axes since he can wield the Brave Axe.
I'll see this guy in the missing content run, which shouldn't take that long since it's going to be just Bartre so far unless someone tells me I missed a secret place or something.
Curse you, Bartre.

Lance tries his luck throwing Javelins at the Shaman. He kills the Shaman with no damage. He levels up.

148_zpsigoe201m.png
Please get more Strength.

Allen goes for a Druid kill. He gets hit for 23 damage by a 40 hit attack. OW. 5 EXP from a level up.
Shanna has Lance switch to the Iron Sword and throws her Javelins at the Fighter. She hits twice.

I got a plan for her and Geese later. For now, Lilina takes the Mercenary kill and gets from her level up...

149_zpssdku534z.png
I'm going to guess her Skill growth is bad but it might be okay because of accurate tomes.

That's a level 14 Archer that Lilina can benefit from. I think that calls for a Elphin play for her to get another kill.
Before that, I have Astore attack the Archer for softening. He gets a level.

150_zps35hdbazp.png
Dang it, Astore.

Lilina actually has enough Speed to double this Steel Bow Archer. That's kind of sad. She kills him easy.

Merlinus takes out a Swordreaver, hands it off to Geese, and moves as much as he can.
Jerrot takes Geese and moves a space south.

151_zpsxdiuz0qr.png
I am trying to show off as much as I can. Jerrot and Clarine are hiding under the mini map. From top to bottom, left to right in the northwest area, that's Allen, Shanna, and Lance.
Klain moves south, ending Turn 9.

Mercenaries are on the move before I'm ready! Dang it!
Steel Axe Fighter goes for Allen. He had enough Attack to actually kill Allen if he hit with his 5 hit chance. Allen kills him and levels up.

152_zpssur3esfo.png
Bad level up but those stats at level 19. One more and I can promote him! I can almost taste the future victories.

Bartre and his group are moving away. Nuh uh, you guys!

Turn 10
153_zpsu9n4kurf.png

154_zpsezzqza2c.png
Plan has been slightly ruined by this guy existing but it shouldn't be that bad. A normal axe will do the trick.

Jerrot drops Geese at the spot where the Lancereaver Mercenary will reach him.
Shanna, Lance, and Allen start moving to intercept Bartre and his group. I will not let them take any kills!
Astore moves back so Saul can heal him.
Elphin plays for Saul for more healing EXP. It's the perfect team.

155_zpse3enfcuq.png
Lugh will move into position to end this turn.

156_zps4w8lw8s4.png
Oh great. What now?

157_zpsjzgo1roa.png
Please don't be high-movement units.

158_zpsndqikevk.png
Curse you, Morgan.

Lancereaver Mercenary can still hit Geese at 70 and with 2 crit. What the! Geese hits him back.

Turn 11
159_zpspgnucmxp.png

My plan has been spoiled. Bartre and his group also keep moving too far from my units.

I didn't take a closer look at the Lancereaver.

160_zps7zfa7hkv.png
ARE YOU SERIOUS
WHY
I thought the Reaver weapons got hit with double WT bonuses/penalties, but I guess they don't in this game.
Dammit, game.

Allen patches up his wounds with a Vulnerary. He deserves it after taking such a beating from that one Druid's attack.
Geese kills off the Lancereaver Mercenary and levels up.

161_zpsqzw8g5oh.png
Nice first impression, Geese.

The game is giving me close to victory theme. Nuh uh, game. You quiet that down.

Klain weakens the Armorslayer Mercenary. Klain is best chipper man it seems.
Lugh softens up the Steel Sword Mercenary.
Elphin plays for Roy so Roy can reach any of the Mercenaries. Elphin's first level up!

162_zps8gvdaanz.png
This is all he pretty much needs.

Roy takes out the Steel Sword Mercenary.
Lilina kills off the last Mercenary.

My plan was ruined. I wanted Geese to get all these kills.

Saul heals Elphin. Another level comes for him.

163_zpsijrxfz4p.png
Please don't stop getting better.

164_zpsmx69eybe.png
Lance, Allen, and Shanna from top to bottom in northwest. Clarine will move to south of Saul.

Two Fighter reinforcements. Okay. Not as bad as I was thinking.
Fighter goes for one of Bartre's Fighter units. He hits with a 45 hit chance.

Bartre wastes Brave Axe uses on an enemy.
Civilians flee from the scene. That's a wrap!

I forgot to take a screenshot of Turn 11 before having Klain weaken the Fighter.

166_zpsasn6rljx.png
Turn 11.

I have Geese take the kill.
Saul heals Geese.
Elphin has Saul move again.
Saul heals Lilina this time.
Clarine and Astore do a Rescue-Drop for Rutger to get a little closer to the boss.
Allen rescues one of Bartre's men and Lance takes him.
Shanna rescues Bartre.

167_zpsuohaqje1.png
Didn't take a screenshot before it ended my turn since I moved all my units but this is what it looked like after everything was done.

Turn 12
168_zpsvfbrbxuz.png

Fighter's lucky that the enemy phase doesn't come after the ally.

Allen nabs the last Fighter and moves out of range of the boss.
Lance stands guard next to Allen.
I have Shanna drop Bartre in hopes that Roy can recruit him.

169_zpsnmztifzg.png
Can I possibly get Bartre?

170_zpsusvepzne.png
Recruitment theme?! YES
THAT BRAVE AXE IS MINE
Thank you game for showing me some mercy!

171_zpshzphych7.png
Roy intimidated by someone: 2

172_zps2cdm3e60.png
Oh Bartre. You hardly changed.

173_zps1rtjicnf.png
See. Not the last time, I did say.

175_zpsuirpkhlo.png
Bumbling idiot will still always be bumbling idiot. Just a bumbling idiot with a heart.

176_zpste5kfmhq.png
"I worked with your dad once upon a time ago. He probably hasn't talked about me so I won't talk about it."

Roy does the exact same thing as with Geese by saying we are working with Etruria.

177_zps4xxr3zcn.png
Roy is a little slow on remembering what happened with Geese just turns ago.

178_zpsjgzocm0h.png
We already have. Your point?

179_zpsh5z0mm6v.png
So glad to see that "good" and "evil" can be catagorized so easily in this game.

181_zpsguw5gi4a.png
"Well, I am my dad's son. I wear the same garb he did too. Didn't he tell you about me? Do you not recognize that we wear the same clothes? I suppose not."

182_zps9jfolsuw.png
Bring the whole entire family!...
Except I know Karla died. Such a sad fate.

Checking his stats again, he's got A axes and D bows.
WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE BEEN THIS GOOD IN FE7?
Out of curiosity, I'm checking his stats now to the stats he would have as a Level 2 Warrior in FE7 on average.
Level 2 Warrior Bartre (FE7): 48.15 HP, 19.5 Str, 13.65 Skl, 10.6 Spd, 9.7 Lck, 12.7 Def, 7.75 Res.
FE7 Level 2 Warrior Bartre in comparison to these stats: +0.15 HP, -2.5 Str, +2.65 Skl, +0.6 Spd, -4.3 Lck, +2.7 Def, +4.75 Res
Granted, a lot of pluses. But the effort to put into that Bartre compared to this one: a lot.
I feel so teased. And betrayed. And played with.

The boss. Let's talk about the boss for a spell. A Level 6 General will give 100 EXP to a level 17 unpromoted unit. Rutger just happens to be level 17.
Right now, Morgan has his Silver Axe equipped. The +1 from WTA will convert into +3 after effective bonus comes in for the Armorslayer. In total, that should make Rutger's pure attack 38. Morgan's Defense + gate bonus should make it 18 damage.
Rutger should have 145 hit after WTA, making that a 97 hit chance. This is with Clarine support nearby.
Rutger should have just enough Speed to double Morgan. Just need to chip him and he should go down.
This is going to have to happen next turn though since Rutger is too far away, even with Elphin's help.

Elphin plays for Rutger for more movement.
Saul physics Allen for EXP.

Nothing much happened except moving in closer so no screenshot.

... except a Mercenary and Archer came out. And Shanna is out in the open. WELL.
Mercenary hits Roy. Roy hits back.
Apparently Archer doesn't want eat some pegasus wings and goes for Lance still carrying a Fighter. Sure.

Turn 14
183_zps7n8m179s.png

I'm ready to murder you all.

Lilina goes to chip Morgan.

184_zpsfhy9ihon.png185_zpsppxfqv2s.png186_zpseavajn3c.png
This guy. What a guy.
I mean, the civilians left like probably five hours ago. And he thinks Lilina is one of his men.
Classic. Just classic.

Lilina is successful at chipping.
Clarine gets close so Rutger can have support bonuses.

187_zpsif8jwc2x.png
Now isn't that a sight of beauty? Ah. And I still have another Armorslayer thanks to Ogier.
Let's go for it!

Rutger kills Morgan with no damage sustained.

188_zpsaxdsdxhj.png189_zpsozyjnzl2.png
Just some powerful people here to destroy your plans.

Rutger gets a perfect level up. What does he get?

190_zpsmq6zxrss.png
Truly a work of perfection for a Myrmidon.

Jerrot takes and drops Lance's Fighter off so Lance can weaken the Fighter with Javelins. They trade blows. Lance is almost dead. Oh nooooo.
Shanna takes that Archer kill. Let's get more Strength, Shanna!

191_zpsaekc7rg9.png
I ACCEPT THIS

I have Bartre block the gate in case the Fighter would try to.
Klain rescues Lilina so Roy can attack the Mercenary without a crit bonus. They cut at each other.

192_zpsnwrzdwfb.png
Even with a Swordreaver, the odds aren't that good.
Still, Geese kills the Mercenary. Geese is very close to a level but has no enemies to level off of. Sad.

This is Saul and Elphin spam time!

193_zpsqc2xsjhp.png
Two level ups of Magic in one map. I am pleased.

Time to seize this castle.

194_zps7v6h5gdl.png195_zpsyjxiaeaw.png
Well yeah, Roy. Saving the ones at the mines is what we're doing next. Hold your horses.

196_zpstuzzgmpg.png197_zpsvyrcmti9.png
Didn't Milady go there?
!! Can I recruit Milady next map?!
The excite levels are rising!

198_zps7zczl6xr.png
What's this, Roy?

199_zpslktliqrt.png
I guess a fair question. Elphin, your response?

200_zpsdahe1au1.png
Is that even proper punctuation?... I don't think it is. Maybe "?!?"
By looking this up, I learned that the punctuation represented by the "?!" is properly called the "interrobang," after the words "interrogative point" (for the question mark) and "bang" (for the exclamation point, a jargon word in certain groups).
The more you know!

201_zpst3pze3jz.png202_zpsmg2rzf9v.png
Probably the blond hair.

203_zpsw5jpl0do.png
Lies, Roy!

206_zpscryp5uul.png
So he IS right? Just answer the question, Elphin.

207_zpshkneqmsg.png208_zpss6rmi2hu.png209_zpsiyav9pho.png
You would best hope he's not a traitor, Roy.

210_zps7oqw1uom.png
And so that conversation was finished!

211_zpshtzizq8c.png
Sure!(?)

212_zps2hxshigv.png
Hey, those people I saved!
I'm kind of glad that they give as much respect to Merlinus as I do, except on a lower scale.

213_zpshbej3uk4.png
Sure thing, fellow men. I will either add this to the coffers or use it for great justice.

216_zps4nmtsjfz.png
Ooh, an Energy Ring! Nice!
I can't think of who to give this to but there are some good candidates. Thanks!

No more Admist a Struggle save. Hopefully I got everything this chapter so I can do Chapter 12. I think I saw that it's a gaiden requirement chapter. If so, I should hold off on alternate Chapter 10 until that can get accomplished.
Let's go save more enslaved people next time on the main blind run!

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         15.54    32     12      11      13      11       7       8
Allen      Cavalier     19.12    37     14      13      16       9      10       1
Lance      Cavalier     16.13    32     10      12      18       7       6       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.02    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Peg Knight   17.14    25(+7) 12      14      20      17       6       7
Lugh       Mage         15.44    20      9      14      11      11       6       7
Rutger     Myrmidon     18.69    34     12      20      20       7       6       3
Saul       Priest       14.19    26      8      12      15       4       3       9
Lilina     Mage         13.70    22     12       5      10       7       3       9
Astore     Thief        13.12    28      7       8      17      11       8       3
Klain      Sniper        1.39    27     13      13      11      10       8       6
Elphin     Bard          2.52    16      1       3      11      11       4       1
Geese      Pirate       11.96    34     10      10      10      10       8       0

Reset: 3
Lost: 2
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina

Wow, your Lilina, Shanna and Rutger are looking pretty awesome! Your Lilina actually has pretty decent speed (at least she's not getting doubled), and your Shanna is SO STRONG. I don't think you missed anything on C11 so that's good, too. Anyways, good luck on C12, but I trust that you'll manage to get the gaiden :)

Also, general LP notes. I think you have one of the best LP styles I've seen. You do a great job of painting a picture of exactly what's going on and your thought processes, and you're awesomely detailed, it almost feels like I'm playing along with you, keep it up!

Edited by elf_01

Wow, your Lilina, Shanna and Rutger are looking pretty awesome! Your Lilina actually has pretty decent speed (at least she's not getting doubled), and your Shanna is SO STRONG. I don't think you missed anything on C11 so that's good, too. Anyways, good luck on C12, but I trust that you'll manage to get the gaiden :)

Also, general LP notes. I think you have one of the best LP styles I've seen. You do a great job of painting a picture of exactly what's going on and your thought processes, and you're awesomely detailed, it almost feels like I'm playing along with you, keep it up!

I was a bit worried about Lilina since she was described as the Micaiah of Mages. And yes, I am proud of my Shanna and Rutger. 8)

Thanks so much! That's such a huge honor, really. I'll try not to fail you or anyone who likes the style. 8')

After Dart used his ocean seal in FE7, all the ocean seals in Elibe vanished! It truly is a mystery!

Oh noooo! But thankfully Tequila cleared the Geese promotion matter up. I was scared that Geese was going to cap at a Level 20 Pirate, haha.

Since this is a gaiden requirement chapter, I shall say what I plan to do for these chapters.

First attempts will be based on optimizing level gains. I figure it's the best method to take notes on the workings of a chapter as well as doesn't put pressure to figure out a turn-shaving strategy.

Second attempts will be on turn limit. I will still try to balance between turns and EXP gain.

After that, it should be a mix between the two.

I'll be screenshoting the status screen, unit list screen, and the save screen as proof of my attempts.

So how does this work in terms of posts?

First attempts will be displayed since it is still the blind portion of the run. If I didn't get the gaiden on the first run, the tables will be missing and I'll leave a note saying I have to restart.

Only the first run that ends with a normal reset will be shown in entirety and I'll try to get that into a single post. As per usual, that will have a note saying that it's a normal reset. Subsequent resets I'll show the cause of the reset and any additional highlights of the chapter (so it won't include a turn-by-turn detailing like how I usually post).

Second and beyond runs will show the results and what method I attempted in a run. I'm thinking the attempts will be between 5-10 before I have to give up at least for the day.

Now that's out of the way, I'll proceed with the chapter!

*This first part ends before Turn 4's player phase

Roy and his army have arrived in Jutes to end Lord Arcardo's tyranny of the Western Isles. Hopefully we can put the Western Isles episode all behind us.

Etruria may be mad with us in the end, but Roy does what he thinks is right.

[spoiler=Chapter 12-1 - *Revolving Door of Bosses*]

1_zpsoamjgndw.png

This whole mess ends here, I hope.

2_zpswziwnetk.png3_zpsoi7bavhh.png

Damn nobles.

4_zpsbfdzx92w.png5_zpsedbom0wd.png

Let's end this!

Welcome to Chapter 12, the first of the gaiden requirement chapters that I have to figure out!

6_zpsbcxcof9i.png

I love winding corridors!

If this is a turn limit gaiden requirement, I can see why this would be annoying.

7_zpspk6so6zs.png8_zpsypefdwyo.png

The return of many chests. My forming assumption says that Cath would have been here.

The chests in the right screenshot are near where we start.

I'm thinking I'll have a horse unit take a set of Chests Keys and a Door Key to the closest chests and try to catch up with everyone.

Astore can take the left screenshot chests--perhaps with a bodyguard. There's a set of stairs that leads south and goes to a cliff section and...

9_zpsdqlhpkzf.png

This section here. A very odd place, I think.

This would be one of those areas I would guess has a Secret Shop. If the Member Card is in one of these chests, I must check it out for curiosity's sake.

10_zps3nn0rqze.png

There's all these ranged fighters in areas of where I can't get to them directly. Now this game is really trying to mess with me. Jerk.

18_zpsi90sbird.png

Stairs for probably reinforcements.

11_zpshmbm6drn.png12_zpswidolqp1.png13_zpsav8xrc1s.png14_zpsh3nzeubb.png

15_zpstum0mfdt.png16_zps2xcbngvg.png17_zpsj5vgezde.png

Ranged fighters central just to take potshots at me.

There's only one promoted unit each shown on the map. The Sniper has a Silver Bow--because that's cool.

Going through the enemies for special equipment--hang on.

20_zpsna3ttbn3.png19_zpsouj4euc0.png

Raigh? Raigh! What's up? You're looking... weird. Your face, seriously. What were they thinking with his mug?

Enemy Shaman. Not cool. How to recruit him? My first guess would be Lugh, being brothers and all. Maybe Chad could work because they were at the orphanage together.

He's carrying a Nosferatu tome. That's awesome--provided he's not coming at me with that.

Looks like Lugh is a mandatory deployment this map.

Back to the enemies. Highlighting those with special equipment:

21_zpstj8eypyf.png22_zpsolilaqgw.png23_zps2tphexld.png

25_zpsqhnme1rd.png31_zpsng5drbno.png32_zpstcok2ktk.png

The two Priests have Sleep staves.

Out of all of these, I'm worried about the Eclipse Shaman. I've been hit with some rather low hit rates. The Eclipse + arrow/magic hallway could easily spell death.

But I think it shouldn't be that hard in actuality. That Shaman's in the chest room.

33_zpsdvz5lcdr.png34_zpsvr1b4mvk.png

Arcardo is no push over. 19 Defense and 13 Resistance in total. He trades off that one Defense point for additional Avoid. He has no ranged weaponry so no switching to a weaker Javelin for this guy. My units not ranged fighters may get met with a Silver Lance to the face. Hopefully not a troublesome boss.

Being a 10 promoted boss, a level 1 promoted unit should get 100 EXP off of him. I don't know if I would want to do that even if, say, Allen did promote this chapter, but it's something to keep in the back of my mind.

My current Astore could steal those Elixirs. That might be good too.

35_zpsfy1gthwt.png

I didn't see this before but now I know the party split. There are also breakable walls.

But first, figuring out who I'm deploying:

36_zpsg0l93xyq.png

I'm anticipating Allen's promotion. I'll bench Jerrot so Allen can get the Paladin spotlight. He's going to be a star. I'm so proud of him.

Though this does mean that, until Allen promotes, I'm not going to have a 8 movement unit on the field. One more movement can make a huge difference.

I'll try to manage for now.

37_zpscrttmhm3.png38_zpsdclwz0ss.png

Left Cavalier is Allen.

Lugh is closer to Raigh and doesn't have to go through the winding pathway that the main group does.

Saul has Unlock, as well as Restore, and Barrier in case of the Sleep Priests. The main group is just going to have to be careful avoiding Sleep.

Clarine has a set of Chest Keys and a Door Key for that room with the Shaman. She's carrying an Armorslayer.

Lilina is carrying a Horseslayer while Geese has a Halberd. Who knows if Geese is actually going to land a hit with the Halberd, though.

Allen's holding onto a Knight's Crest. I can't wait!

Astore's got the Killer Bow.

At the Trade Armory, I sell off the White Gem, Red Gem, and Blue Gem. All the money!

Without Merlinus, I hope I have enough equipment for everyone to do this map.

Let's begin!

39_zpsnbxu5c58.png

Will I finally know what is up with Etruria?

40_zpsby3zyp89.png

Another Wyvern Lord! I can't tell if I will get this guy or not.

Something is up with Arcardo.

42_zpsyfcvryry.png

Units of mine would love to drink from your severed head as though it were a chalice.

A bit barbaric but effective in raising them, no?

43_zpsurymknxi.png44_zpsa6dqlubb.png

Oh? Now why here at the largest capital of the Western Isles?

45_zpsurtgslej.png

I have 12 chapters worth of experience. Would you like to try me?

46_zpsqrrvmxpi.png

Mm. Yes. Losing money is so dreadful and is about as horrid as the abuse of many people.

Really, Arcardo. I feel for you--not really.

48_zpsrmg86ocv.png

You're a little more justified complaining about that.

But you know, Arcardo, maybe if you didn't plant yourself and your horse on the throne, I wouldn't need to kill you. Think about that for a moment.

51_zpsu3t0gwa4.png

This man allows him quarter in Etruria? In mainland Etruria? That is suspicious indeed.

52_zpsphpq1jfn.png53_zpsc0sz5ih7.png

Oh yes, the dragons. Can't really say I've forgotten about them. I am going for the gaiden chapters after all.

But that is a bit worrisome, to be honest. When will they unleash these worms onto me?

55_zps7aawiedg.png

So there was that one guy who was working with Arcardo with Bern. This Flaer guy says that Bern and Etruria are likely to join forces.

If that's the case, Perceval and Cecilia could be our enemies. That would be really bad.

56_zpseajkkymd.png

Flaer convinces Arcardo that Bern and Etruria will join forces. Arcardo leaves through the stairs and Flaer takes the throne.

Let me guess: either Flaer will leave and Arcardo will return to the throne or Flaer is really the new boss and Arcardo is going to serve as a mini-boss.

I could get flanked quickly. Hm.

57_zpsnaxlsamo.png

You guys keep underestimating me. Except for the ambush spawns, it's not working so well in your favor to underestimate me.

58_zpsefvuznnt.png

Mhm, Roy. Some nasty dealings are going on in there, let me tell you.

59_zpsx3aubsk0.png

Though that won't mean the end of the game, my boy.

60_zps9z7hze5x.png

Ack! Don't creep on him like that, Elphin!

That's good news, though.

61_zpsyghpgh4r.png

wat

62_zpsidyteo3s.png

Wait, wait, wait. Hold on. She's a Dancer? In a game with a Bard?

A Dancer? And a Bard? In the same game? At the same time?

Well! I think this calls for "break the game break the game" for level spamming.

63_zpssek4ztk2.png

Yes, yes. I do see you on the screen. No need to shout.

I would assume she's much closer than they're implying.

64_zpsyl5l6dzv.png

Now isn't that peculiar. At first I thought she said that to Roy.

"Your Majesty," eh, Elphin?

66_zpswmmzar45.png

Lalum. I thought I have heard of her, though only by name. Roy I think can support with her.

Interesting. I will need to see into her--even though Roy/Lilina is now A at the point. Can't do much about that without killing Lilina.

67_zpseehdstvk.png68_zpsjfnl47ij.png

The amount of BS I can see into this (out of 10): 10

The amount of BS Roy can see into this (out of 10): 0

If he's anything like the past Lords.

69_zps0xljgveq.png

... or not? Maybe I give Roy too little credit. Oho!

70_zpsg4ejfptk.png71_zpslseizytc.png

Everyone has heard of Roy? I'm flattered. My efforts are making him a name in the household.

72_zpsdnt01gw8.png

Yes, hi Lalum.

73_zpslypm8voa.png

You what, Roy? You can't say that to a member of your future harem.

74_zpsfkokz2ta.png

If only she knew what she was getting herself into.

Or maybe she and other girls DO know what they're getting into and do it anyway.

Hey, I ain't going to judge them if they want an open relationship. We could do for some more positive open relationships in Fire Emblem.

Elphin says her name to get back on topic.

76_zpsm6zjd028.png

I'm all ears, girl.

77_zpsbvlh88ec.png

"Unhuman"? Please elaborate.

78_zpsf0aex9gu.png

Must be that old geezer, Bantu. He's probably lost his stone again. Nothing to fear, people.

Or maybe it's Nils. They're the only male dragons that can actually turn into dragons that I can think of at this moment.

80_zps5te2qybu.png

So they're going to unleash a dragon onto me now?

Well that sucks. I didn't bring the Wyrmslayer.

Here's to hoping that the dragon won't come out.

Turn 1 enemy placement:

81_zpswzgdtxbl.png

Highlight the Sleep Priest. If only I had a way to deal with him efficiently.

Rutger cuts up the west Fighter. The enemy holds onto 1 HP.

Klain shoots a Steel Bow arrow at the Killer Axe Fighter--and misses.

Shanna picks up Klain's slack as she crit-kills the Fighter. Nice!

Astore has Klain equip the Iron Bow.

Lance gives his support as Allen kills off the other Fighter.

Elphin plays for Geese.

Geese slays the west Fighter. He levels up!

82_zpsoab2nesj.png

Pirates are known to be speedier but I have faith you'll get other stats, Geese.

83_zpskhx5t1qd.png84_zpsbscnd0cr.png

Roy will end up at Elphin's south, ending the first turn.

85_zpswe6bijae.png

Uhhh...

I really don't like the looks of that guy

I swear if I fight this guy in this chapter, I will be throwing in the towel once I get into combat with him

87_zpsu4udhour.png88_zps1ameptor.png

Mm... Maybe Ein will leave when Flaer comes back?

89_zpscodptsl2.png

An ally of justice?!

90_zpsnkesgpn9.png

Or not? Hm.

91_zpsm4zjtv3g.png92_zpsml7pefzb.png

Yep. I'm in trouble. Didn't bring the Wyrmslayer. Can't even use the Durandal. Didn't deploy Merlinus.

The very definition of "screwed."

93_zps7jzuijqx.png

You must have superhuman hearing, Raigh.

95_zpsj0amsrlb.png

So you won't be like Klain and slaughter his own sibling if Lugh happens to be in your range? I hope that is the case.

Longbow Archer misses Allen. I have you now!

96_zpstswyt434.png

Oh god. That's hilarious. Please try, little Shaman.

97_zpsskky4u0o.png

No Sleep for me as Klain dodges this. I will kill you, you sleep-inducing Priest. Just you wait!

Turn 2

98_zps9shonk5i.png99_zps1paxvdd8.png

Alright. Maybe I should have caught on that I needed to look at Eclipse's hit rather than its special description. That Shaman has 21 hit pure. Pretty much anyone not a Knight will completely null that hit.

Perhaps the ones slightly at risk are Lilina and Lugh because of WTD. It still won't be that much of a problem.

Really, Intelligent Systems? 10 hit from Eclipse? What did they expect could get hit by Eclipse?

Astore unlocks the door.

Saul raises Klain's Resistance with Barrier.

Lugh strikes down a Knight with his Thunder.

Klain shoots two fatal Steel Bow arrows into the Fighter.

Shanna has Klain equip the Silver Bow to have a one-on-one Silver Bow match with the Sniper. This is true war of attrition.

Roy moves to give Lilina support as she encounters the Longbow Archer. She kills him after she dodges a bolt. 3 EXP from leveling!

Allen parks himself in a spot that will be adjacent to Lance.

Lance charges forward and throws his Javelins at the Steel Lance Knight twice.

Clarine opens the door and uses the rest of her movement north.

Elphin plays for Geese.

Geese slaughters the Shaman.

I forgot that Geese would be the last unit and would automatically end my turn. I wasn't able to capture a screenshot.

Steel Lance Knight gets a taste of two Javelins after missing.

Steel Bow Archer misses Lilina before getting burned to death.

100_zps2t8lju5f.png

The new Mage on Wheels?!

This time Sleep Priest goes for Lugh at 17 hit chance. No luck on that either.

Turn 3

101_zpss2o1h1zr.png102_zpsqjht69il.png

Sorry about that lack of Turn 2 ending screenshots earlier.

Sniper didn't move. I guess he's there to guard the breakable wall. Okay. I will make note of that.

103_zpstau5beyw.png

My own Aircalibur tome! Awesome!

I want Geese to get this Knight kill. As there are Shamans mixed in that hallway, Allen and Lance should team up and destroy that little section. Lilina would get WTD... and that may be too many enemies for her to handle at once.

Before I do that, I'm getting rid of the Sleep Priest. Shanna kills him easy.

Just to be on the safe side, I have Klain and Saul Rescue-Drop Shanna out of possible range of the Sniper.

104_zpszanxcoic.png

Sweet. Another Reaver weapon. It's the better one too.

The other Sleep Priest is up north in the boss' room so Allen and Lance are now safe to be in that hallway with their Javelins.

Allen does the same thing he did last turn: stand in a spot where he will be adjacent to Lance.

Lance kills off the Shaman without damage.

Elphin plays for Geese.

Geese whips out the Steel Axe and kills the Knight. He's 4 EXP from leveling.

105_zpsvl1x0dcs.png106_zpsvzt6tlsl.png

Ending positions of Turn 3

Steel Bow Archer misses Lance. Lance does not have enough Attack to kill the Archer. Dang. Now that means Allen is going to take the rest of the kills.

Allen dodges the other Steel Bow Archer and kills him.

Allen gets hit by Flux. He slays the Shaman.

Sniper lands his 17 damage Silver Bow arrow into Klain. Klain misses. Klain! You had the better shot!

Edited by Dual Dragons