Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

[spoiler=Chapter 12-2 - *Allen Becomes Unchained*]
Turn 4
107_zpstjnv6swx.png108_zpsphnvtvo4.png

Dang it, Klain.

109_zpsvc3psiuk.png
A Flux tome for Raigh. Clarine uses her movement to catch up with everyone.

Astore opens the next door.
Saul heals Klain.
Lance and Allen go ahead. Allen trades his Steel Sword for Lance's Vulneraries and heals himself.
The Archer's level 13 so level 12 Geese would benefit the most. It also will give him a level up.

110_zpsskpjuvge.png
More Skill? I suppose so, Geese. That's three levels without Strength though, bud.

Elphin plays for Roy this time.

111_zps92kdyxof.png112_zpsjeje781p.png
I shall end Turn 4 like this. Why I am not risking having Lugh encounter the Archers up north is in case the Sniper moves after he gets into a battle.
Except, now that I think about it, Roy is in range. Well! If Roy gets attacked, I will have my answer about the Sniper AI. Shall we?

Sniper doesn't go for Roy! This time Klain does the dodging and hitting.

113_zpstqj0ktjd.png
Son of a...
It doesn't heal for full health but it's still dumb.

Turn 5 new enemy placement
114_zpsvmqslk4u.png

Klain misses and the Sniper hits. Are we seriously having this right now?
Saul has to patch him up.
With Roy as evidence, I think Lugh and/or Shanna is safe to move through the hallway. Lugh moves in range of the Steel Bow Archer.
Shanna moves to Lugh's south.

115_zpsoisgycpu.png
Now that's some good stuff for Klain.

I see another kill opportunity for Geese. Elphin plays for Geese. He gets a level up.

116_zps7ui3qswj.png
A bad one.

Geese squanders his opportunity halfway by hitting once and getting hit back.
From my calculations, even with Allen support, Lance is not going to be able to kill the Longbow Archer. I guess it's up to Allen. Except Allen doesn't kill him either. Come on, guys!
Lance moves next to Allen, has him switch to the Iron Sword, and then equips the Iron Sword himself. Those Fighters and the Warrior are probably going to move now that they are in their range.

And then I forget again to make a screenshot after moving the last unit. Dang it, me! I'm very sorry, guys.

117_zpsupsvfv08.png
Have a screenshot of Lance utterly destroying the first Steel Axe Fighter as compensation.

The next Fighter fails to cash in on hitting Lance. Lance hits him back twice. He's 11 EXP from leveling.
Longbow Archer misses Geese.
Steel Bow Archer misses Lugh and gets killed by Thunder. Lugh will level up with 13 more EXP.
Shaman is not able to hit Lilina. Lilina just has enough Attack to kill this Shaman.
Sniper and Klain trade bolts.
Physic Priest keeps on physic'ing.

Turn 6, with Sleep Priest range in left screenshot
118_zpsmgtyhvm1.png119_zpstaqxhqua.png

Time for more Klain-healing with Saul.

120_zpsonobjl8a.png

Geese kills off the Longbow Archer with no more damage sustained. Another kill of his level will get him to level 14.
Lance finishes off his opponent. He gains...

121_zpsygxopwbf.png
POWER AMONG GODS

Allen keeps up with Lance in the crit-kills. So proud of my men!
Elphin plays for Clarine so she can heal Geese.

122_zpsshj2a84t.png
Klain and Saul are still stuck down there. War of attrition, Sniper and Physic Priest! War of attrition!

Hand Axe Fighter misses Allen.
Hand Axe Warrior misses Lance.
Klain gains the upper hand by dodging and hitting... though that Physic Priest will heal him up.

Turn 7
123_zpsa9iqu6q8.png

Wasting my Silver Bow bolts on the Sniper. Stupid Priest moved a space south. I was hoping he would move one more space north so Klain can Longbow shoot him to death.

124_zps9rxr1wy1.png
The third possible Elysian Whip but my actual second one. Milady is going to get this one.

That's a level 5 Warrior right there. As a level 19 Cavalier, Allen will get 50 EXP, 10 more than he really needs.
However... I could have Paladin Allen right here by killing the Warrior.
Allen and Lance finally can now get A rank too. I'll wait for more opportune turn to come up.

I have Lance throw Javelins because if he chips, Allen can kill the Warrior. Lance and the Warrior have themselves a dodge party.
Elphin plays for Lance.
I have Lance try again. Lance hits the Warrior twice.
Allen kills the Warrior without injury. Allen's last unpromoted level up!

125_zps7ttlqryc.png
Not too bad, Allen. YOU WILL UNLEASH TRUE POWER--NEXT TURN.

Shanna kills the Mend Priest. She's now in range of the Sleep Priest. Hopefully she has enough dodging ability. I could never remember the formula for status staff accuracy either.
Klain switches to the Steel Bow and misses the Sniper. Sniper hits him back. For crying out loud!
Saul has Klain equip the more accurate Silver Bow and heals him.
Roy actually has more Resistance than Shanna and will be further away from the Sleep Priest than Shanna. Roy attacks the Fighter twice with no damage.

126_zpsjolfqnb2.png
Rutger will end his turn to Clarine's west.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Roy.
Klain dodges Sniper and hits back. Argh! More healing!

Turn 8
127_zpsqgy7nxkd.png

That Sniper is being a thorn in my side.

Klain has a go again with the Steel Bow. He hits and Sniper misses. Klain levels up from chip EXP.

128_zpsxnqyznqp.png
Expected.

Saul has Klain switch to the Iron Bow and heals him. One more heal and he levels up.
Geese takes the Fighter kill. He's 3 EXP from leveling.
Shanna and Roy Rescue-Drop Lugh in range of Elphin.
Elphin plays for Lugh.
I had miscalculated. Even with Elphin play, Lugh will not be able to reach Raigh. He moves out of range of Raigh.

129_zps7leyq6vo.png
POWER COMES TO THE STRONG OF WILL

130_zps9wiwrkek.png
Different promotion theme. A little strange to my ears but perhaps I could get used to it...
...in trade for ultimate power. HAHAHA.
NOW MEET YOUR NEW PALADIN, ROY'S ARMY.

131_zpshfl3yz9a.png
They grow up so fast!

132_zpspyvzcvem.png
And such relationships grow too.
Begin power duo A rank.

133_zpsdn9lhgi4.png
About sacrificing yourself, Lance? Yes, well, within that time, Allen has become a Paladin.
Very unlikely now to die.

135_zpsevypuifs.png
From this support alone, Allen doesn't seem that hot-headed.

136_zpsby4iaiax.png
Best Lance line so far.

137_zpscm2sem7i.png
You don't need to, Lance. You'll be a Paladin yourself soon!

138_zpssgdkfpn6.png139_zps9xqrim52.png
Allen, please. You're a Paladin. You have been unchained. That's not exactly fair to chained Lance.

140_zpsa2jaq7wc.png141_zpsi3dtkp45.png
Ow. Gameplay and support segregation really hurts right now.

142_zpsy5klqyug.png
Unlikely!

144_zpsk6hi5utq.png145_zpsbkx4pmdo.png146_zpskwhffw7q.png
Brothers to the bitter end!
I really liked that support. It's very simple (pretty much anyone could say those lines), but I sometimes really like the best friend kind of supports over the romantic ones.
I think it helped that Allen could provoke Lance despite sounding like an arrogant ass and still be very friendly with each other. It goes to show that they are great friends.
The support benefits themselves kick ass and this support is good as writing in my opinion. Would definitely do this support again if not doing something like completing the support library.

I forgot I only brought one Door Key and Merlinus isn't here. I may or may not want to break the wall down so I have Astore unlock the exit.

Ending results of Turn 8 before Clarine moves to the east of Rutger:
147_zps8op3ipwu.png

Sniper heals himself. WHAT THE HECK. JUST DIE.
Sleep Priest misses Allen.

Turn 9 new enemy positions
148_zpsulw5pyib.png

I am about ready to just bust open the wall and kill them.

Elphin plays for Lugh.

149_zpspzzjbxut.png
Hey, Brother.

150_zpsgpyu2ldk.png
I don't agree, Lugh. Jeez, kid. What the heck is up with your eyes? I must know!

151_zpsb4ksvdcq.png
What about you, Raigh? You were aligned with the enemy. Though you mentioned all the way back in Chapter 4 or whatever, I only got you now.
You got some explaining to do.

153_zpswz6ksdmp.png
Yeah! If you wanted to train, you should have stayed and I would have personally trained you.
Because I swear now that the girl we got at Chapter 8 is higher-leveled than you. It's crazy.

154_zpspzpz0al0.png
Kid, you're dabbling in the dark arts. If you continue... well... you might go crazy.
Please don't go crazy.

155_zpsfxpvoljp.png156_zpscez2h1m3.png157_zpsk0gavpzp.png158_zpsp3qszone.png
It's a darn shame. It really is, Raigh.

160_zpsgdxjespi.png
Maybe so.

161_zpsn6fsicyb.png
I don't know about callous. I think Raigh was trying to be a bit positive, even if it was downplayed.

163_zpsajjstphc.png164_zps7ul6tyhs.png165_zpsqaoh5fez.png
Listen here, you.
I got this Flux tome for you.
I did not use one of my precious Chest Keys to get a "not interested."

166_zpsipxo718a.png167_zpsvvj4jyby.png
Does... does he think he can take on a dragon? HIM?
AHAHA. That's funny. Hoo. I got a good chuckle out of that.
That's cute, kid. Please don't stop being so cute.

168_zpslh5almjm.png
But I get an appropriate answer out of this deal.

169_zpsi5sqv9xr.png170_zpsyagkqbyb.png171_zps4onzldnc.png172_zpsbtvhbiyc.png
Raigh2tsuntsun4me

173_zpswskhdnew.png
Hey Raigh. Now I can get a proper evaluation for him.
Coming at C rank Dark rank with a Nosferatu, he does bring a better impression than his Anima brother, though he came much earlier.
Using Canas, Shamans can be really cool--though, yes, starting out slow because of their usually heavier tomes and slow base Speed.
Raigh's base Speed isn't that bad, but I'm thinking he has a slow growth in it. He also has the same Con as Lugh, making it difficult for him to wield his other heavier tomes.
If I knew he was this late or that I would eventually get a Shaman, I might have considered using him. As is, I have spread the EXP too much to really consider him.
There's also the Guiding Ring issue.
So, unfortunately, I think Raigh's benched and maybe even Lugh's benched, considering how Lilina has somehow been getting more Speed recently.
Sorry, brothers!

174_zpsac1po5f3.png
With the Sniper relocated, I'm thinking Geese should get that kill while he's unable to damage the dragon up there. Klain, Astore, and Saul are on the move.
I shall end my turn as shown.

Sniper continues to heal himself.

This is going to take a bit of time so I'll fast-forward a little bit.

During this fast-forwarding process, I'm going to be looking at the boss.

175_zps6kqip9w9.png176_zpspasmijrc.png
Ein is apparently the boss. LOTS of Attack and Defense. 32 pure Attack and 125 hit. Not many people can take such hits.
But... is that 1 Range? Does that mean while he's untransformed or... for all of it?
Does that mean the boss can be exploited very badly? Because his Resistance is actually quite terrible.
I don't know! That's weird!

177_zpsjqucihoe.png178_zpsvarw8ktz.png
Ein is not much for talking.

179_zpshg4bi1kd.png
Be glad he's on your side.

180_zpsdmbjyz8c.png
Wahoo, Saul! More Magic!

181_zpsccflgpaf.png
Dang it, Geese.

Reinforcements on enemy phase Turn 12. Oh no!
Klain was put to sleep and Geese and the Sniper had themselves a tussle. Now that the Priest is in range, new target is that Physic Priest.
But now I must defeat the boss and claim the throne before much trouble can come to Geese and Clarine all by their lonesomes.

Turn 13, enemy reinforcements
182_zpshc5nkea6.png

The top-right have Wyvern Riders while the area where the second part of my team has a group of Fighters and a Warrior.

183_zps5qzzrqoa.png184_zpsbvkc9jh7.png
The Wyvern Riders and the Fighters are pretty standard for this chapter, being around level 15. The Warrior?

185_zpse5d6rali.png
HE'S NOT MESSING AROUND.

Saul restores Klain to normal. Might as well get free 20 EXP.
Elphin plays Saul.
Saul heals Allen.

Ein has some major defensive parameters while having major Attack. I think it's going to have to call for Allen to take out this boss.
Though without a Wyrmslayer... I think I'm going to have to go for the Killing Edge. Allen has enough sword rank for that. So proud of him.

186_zpsbirknnec.png
Uh... wow. WOW.
So this is what I get for not bringing the Wyrmslayer or Merlinus. gg game!

I have Allen wait there for counter.
Roy takes out the Priest that would heal the boss by Physic.

187_zps9dkcx1ub.png189_zpswbeebysw.png
eep

190_zpsfpibzhjf.png
OW

Allen doesn't proc a crit so only 4 damage total. OW.

Turn 14

Geese hits the Priest.
Allen got 12 EXP from chipping the boss. I guess gives a pretty big deal. I don't remember the calculations for dragons that well but I think it's based on 5 class power?
And if dragons are considered promoted units then, yeah, 12 chip EXP is about right.
So a level 8 dragon... hm... would that be a level 3 promoted unit will get 100 EXP? Jeez!
Well, no one really qualifies other than Klain and he's too weak to do any damage against this lizard.

However, if Ein really is restricted to one range then...

191_zpsmw2wuyad.png
... you must be joking. You must be REALLY joking.
... Okay. If you want me to exploit this so badly, game.

Lilina attacks Ein with her two Fires.
Shanna and Lance do a Rescue-Drop so Elphin can play Lilina.
Lilina hits Ein twice again with Fire.
Allen has another go with Ein. They trade blows but Allen is the victor.

192_zpsfea8ysak.png
Haaaa.... haaaa....

Allen doesn't get a full level up. Huh. I wonder what the formula is then. No matter, because he still gets a level up.

193_zpsw6n9sfeo.png
Hopefully I get to keep some level ups. Wishing so hard that I got the gaiden. He also gets a rank up in swords.

I have Saul and Clarine do the last bits of healing before Roy claims the throne.

194_zpsmb9wvewt.png
Not in direct combat, no. Lilina was the MVP of dragon-damaging.

195_zpstns5cban.png
Being locked to one range is not horrific enough, Roy.

196_zpsjkqtjmbj.png
I guess. I would say dragon rather than "unhuman."

197_zpszeb8gs6b.png198_zps7y34qi0s.png
I don't know Roy---
AGH CRAP. I FORGOT THE SCREENS.

199_zpsttg2o0jo.png200_zpsushbxrls.png
I guess this can apply to me too.
...Haaaaa. Okay. A little calmer.

201_zpszfsgvjud.png202_zpszoh0yrmd.png
What sort of information do you speak of, Elphin?

203_zpsacuvuvjm.png204_zpsg4ys9rfz.png
Then Arcardo has actually made a deal with Bern. Aha!
Not that I didn't know about this through the power of switching PoV. Nope!

206_zpsc2ducjhj.png207_zpsa3ni2qnu.png
Now hold on, Roy. I have to know if I got myself a legendary weapon.

208_zpsnjialm6k.png
Scene shift?
More EXP opportunity, Elphin?

211_zpsaopqsxfb.png
Really! I got the gaiden chapter?

214_zpsek0nuylx.png
Let's go!

215_zpsybroq0ck.png
The gaiden confirmed.
My shitty playtime confirmed

I was not able to rid ourselves of Arcardo--but we encountered our first dragon. Our journey may become more difficult with them around.
But next time, we visit a cave to gain ourselves a legendary weapon only suitable in the hands of the powerful.

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         15.79    32     12      11      13      11       7       8
Allen      Paladin       2.05    42     17      16      19      10      12       5
Lance      Cavalier     17.28    33     11      13      19       8       6       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.02    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Peg Knight   17.55    25(+7) 12      14      20      17       6       7
Lugh       Mage         15.87    20      9      14      11      11       6       7
Rutger     Myrmidon     18.77    34     12      20      20       7       6       3
Saul       Priest       15.44    26      9      13      15       4       3      10
Lilina     Mage         14.80    22     13       5      11       8       3       9
Astore     Thief        13.12    28      7       8      17      11       8       3
Klain      Sniper        2.03    28     13      14      11      11       8       6
Elphin     Bard          3.92    17      1       3      11      12       4       1
Geese      Pirate       14.33    37     10      11      11      10       8       1

Reset: 3
Lost: 2
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on first try Gaiden Chapter! Next gaiden is

Chapter 14x! Best of luck there :)

. Not sure if you want to know what C12's Gaiden requirement was now that you've gotten the Gaiden, so I'll put it in spoilers I guess

[spoiler=C12's Gaiden Requirement]

Complete Chapter 12 in 20 or less turns (and apparently Elphin must stay alive if you recruited him, but I never let anyone die so I wouldn't know).

Alright. Maybe I should have caught on that I needed to look at Eclipse's hit rather than its special description. That Shaman has 21 hit pure. Pretty much anyone not a Knight will completely null that hit.

Perhaps the ones slightly at risk are Lilina and Lugh because of WTD. It still won't be that much of a problem.
Really, Intelligent Systems? 10 hit from Eclipse? What did they expect could get hit by Eclipse?

I think the only time I've ever used Eclipse in FE6 was to chip a 100 HP wall down to 1HP. Other than that, it's just way too hard to hit anything with it.

Edited by elf_01

What do you mean the second whip is for Milady? How do you know she's recruitable? SHE COULD BE A BOSS OR CAMUS ARCHETYPE DUN DUN DUN! Or recruitable, but there's no way to know for sure, is there?

Also, PROMOTE RUTGER ALREADY!

Aye. Yes. I guess I'm still colored from FE7's Dorcas and Bartre. Also bad accuracy axes.

I just remembered that I need a S rank axe- and bow-user and realized that I would have none of those at this rate, haha. Though whether to assign S axe or S bow to Warrior Lot will be the question.

Geitz was so good--at least in ranked play. Loved that guy.

If reconsidering Lot, I'll need to fit him somewhere. Sue's just been neglected and will probably be dropped. Clarine, as sad as I am to say this, is looking like another drop because bad stats. I have the first few screenshots of Chapter 11 (haven't started the chapter), and oh boy does Lot need to catch up. I have been considering dropping either Lugh or Lilina since it seems I'll be getting limited Guiding Rings; one should go to Saul, I'm thinking, and one needs to be decided between Lugh and Lilina.

I would think Lilina the better choice since accuracy for tomes is not as big of an issue. Power seems more important. She does need more Speed though and I don't even think she's gotten an increase in Skill yet. A knowledge of supports she could have would have helped me but alas. 'Tis the nature of a blind run, haha.

Oh.
I've forgot to say that weapon S levels aren't restricted to only one. You can have every rank at S in this game! :D

You won't regret it!

You can use Klein for the S bows, he's probably the best option you have right now(cause you killed Shin) barring a prepromote down the road. Getting Lot to S Bows will be a pain.

As for S axes, I personally prefer to use a Berserker like Gonzales or a pirate you get down the road. Be warned that misses may occur often due to the crap accuracy of axes. But if you played FE7, you would know about the critical bonus of SM and Berserker. Yet another reason why Rutger is God.

Yeah and it was nerfed in both that game and FE8 to only +15 crit which gives off +30 for it's bonus in this game!

[spoiler=Chapter 11-1 - *Jumping Off Cliffs and Ballistae*]

16_zpstdfcbdrk.png17_zpsgj94z1kb.png

Generic promoted units already? It feels like so long ago when I was just at the first chapter and battling mostly Fighters.

But of course a Berserker. Who loves that Berserker crit bonus? I sure do

Thankfully only has a Steel Axe and hey Allen or Lance in a forest giving support bonus could benefit from this guy's EXP. A level 3 promoted. It'll be a good time.

There are two mountain tiles so someone like Roy/Lilina, Rutger/Clarine, even Astore could just poke this guy to death without suffering any injuries.

34_zpstu1w9smz.png

Hi... Erik?

That must be Erik's body, head, and hair portions.

It's the battle of the rehashed sprites! Save me!

Also: drugging.

Be warned that they're given +30 crit bonus in this game.

His morph. :D

Congratulations on first try Gaiden Chapter! Next gaiden is

Chapter 14x! Best of luck there :)

. Not sure if you want to know what C12's Gaiden requirement was now that you've gotten the Gaiden, so I'll put it in spoilers I guess

[spoiler=C12's Gaiden Requirement]

Complete Chapter 12 in 20 or less turns (and apparently Elphin must stay alive if you recruited him, but I never let anyone die so I wouldn't know).

I think the only time I've ever used Eclipse in FE6 was to chip a 100 HP wall down to 1HP. Other than that, it's just way too hard to hit anything with it.

I see, I see. Next gaiden requirement chapter isn't too far away. Gotta remember that.

Aw. I could have waited a few turns. Maybe given someone that Level 15 Warrior.

Oh, that would make sense what to use Eclipse on. Yeah. I would think even the Knights would have enough Avoid at this point.

What do you mean the second whip is for Milady? How do you know she's recruitable? SHE COULD BE A BOSS OR CAMUS ARCHETYPE DUN DUN DUN! Or recruitable, but there's no way to know for sure, is there?

Also, PROMOTE RUTGER ALREADY!

But-But-But Milady! She definitely looks recruitable! 8C Please don't rip out my heart, momogeek. My heart wouldn't be able to take it!

But Rutger's not Level 20. 8'C He will definitely get the Hero's Crest, I promise.

Oh.

I've forgot to say that weapon S levels aren't restricted to only one. You can have every rank at S in this game! :D

You won't regret it!

Yeah and it was nerfed in both that game and FE8 to only +15 crit which gives off +30 for it's bonus in this game!

Be warned that they're given +30 crit bonus in this game.

His morph. :D

Really now! That's very interesting. I should keep the weapon ranks in mind any time I play FE6.

Lilina is definitely looking good--especially after this chapter.

Berserkers are very scary this game. +30 crit bonus?! I knew those two Berserker people in FE7's desert chapter weren't that intimidating, even on hard mode!

Erik haunts me: 3.

*First part ends before Turn 4's player phase

I'm visiting more legendary places instead of saving Lycia from impending doom.

[spoiler=Chapter 12x-1 - *Thieves on the Prowl*]

1_zps6bws968z.png2_zpsrhpyxib7.png

Field trip!

3_zps66gupgry.png

Great. More stupid-or-genius bandits.

4_zpsiuixfs4u.png

I never would have guessed.

5_zpsnrud8t68.png

Hey, what's this? The Augury?

Though I was told that the Augury doesn't have the support list. Let's see...

6_zpsk5g06shm.png

Ah. Just the ranking stuff? I see.

Let's see how shitty I've been doing!

7_zpsw52fhnrn.png

La-La-La-Lalum

this text is really slow game why you do this to me

8_zpsq9f7rcdm.png9_zpszdlnwvch.png

That is... very vague. I've had a few chapters that were in the 20s and 30s in turn count. How could I have been overall doing well in here?

10_zpsomq80o9f.png

And I thought I was calculating very well on EXP. I wonder where I messed up.

11_zpsrix4f6ky.png

So I guess "really well" > "pretty well" > "good work."

I still have absolutely no idea what that means, Lalum.

12_zpstb4hhstx.png

"Really well"? That's odd. I sold off the gems, used the Seraph Robe, used the Knight's Crest, and having been doing liberal use on equipment.

FE6 is more laxing on the funds requirement?

13_zps7psn7pww.png

Combat should still be the same. Not the hardest of requirements to do.

I'm taking a stab at it but would "really well" means "fulfilled the 5 star requirement"?

14_zpsbbtfzl1w.png15_zpsmjce5wjo.png

This one, which is new to me, I'm doing less stellar. Huh. What's this one, I wonder?

"How strong are your units?"... would that be based on stats or levels? But shouldn't EXP already factor in levels?

Well, it's no matter. I'm not doing ranking--but I do think whatever this is is interesting.

16_zps4uabk7x3.png

Huh! How can "really well" be "5 star" if Cath and Shin died? Maybe "really well" isn't "5 star." Maybe "4 star"?

But none of the other descriptions suggested anything that was better than "really well," so I would assume that's "5 star."

I never recruited Cath or Shin... and any of the units I did recruit I reseted for their deaths...

Interesting! Very interesting! I'm now legitimately confused!

Thank you, Lalum, but I must be off to inspect the map.

17_zpsolztgiwv.png

All these brown boxes with green on them? Chests. This is the true "Chests Everywhere" map.

These chests, this kind of cave area, the throne in a top corner reminds me of... Hector's exclusive map. I can't remember what it was.

I count 12 chests. While two Thief units might be redundant, they will also be valuable for the type of map this is.

18_zpsx6wjje00.png

Fog of War. The boss data is going to have to wait for later.

To get what little of enemy data I can for now, I have Chad and Astore on the field.

19_zpsn09gknh5.png20_zpsauzbivus.png21_zpsaaqnzxeg.png22_zps1v7ubxpg.png

They're still using Brigands. Don't they usually quit using them by the double-digit chapters?

Anyways, mix of direct fighters and ranged enemies at the start.

23_zpspxdcedrm.png

This guy's lugging around a Halberd. I'm starting to realize that this game really LOVES to use their effective weaponry.

That or I'm just noticing them more often because x3 effectiveness.

Only judging from the initial enemies, a bit more axe-based. I also have a bit of a limitation of deployment slots.

So...

24_zpssrjiyalc.png

Decided not to deploy Chad. I do have some sets of Chest Keys so Elphin should be okay to function as a Thief.

Saul deposits the Unlock for the Torch staff.

25_zpszsjcmnpk.png

Ready to lock and load.

26_zpswvdfntx5.png

We go in search for the axe that crashes in its wake.

27_zps5b5ynexx.png

Oh. Of course this similar model would be in Fog of War.

Curse you and your ilk!

28_zpsq3pnk0sd.png

In my convoy, where it will be.

29_zpslkmsggtm.png

You're still not done using this sprite, game?

30_zpsrrftdgbc.png31_zpsietx5fu2.png

You should do what Bern says because I be comin' for ya!

32_zpskmexquxb.png33_zpse4usiioy.png

Of course you can be like this guy and get yourself slaughtered.

34_zpsh3rozrrh.png

Not really?

35_zpsnwqzyiwl.png

I don't, but I'm the player. It's infinitely more important to me than it is to you.

36_zpsbxkis8rc.png37_zpsja2rmok7.png

I raid ALL these caves.

38_zpsv28w9xsy.png

I seriously want to know how these elongated vowels were written in the Japanese version.

39_zpsy3f8qjse.png

This logic.

40_zpsldlmrmlj.png

Don't worry, Roy. I brought Saul with his Torch staff and Astore with his vision.

41_zpsktqls2j2.png42_zpsclkskh4d.png

I still can't believe we're going to damn another person to a warrior's death.

44_zpste9ndkrk.png45_zpsamz3lf66.png

If Geese grows into a good lad, he shall wield this mighty axe.

Imagine: a man of the sea smashing things with his Thunder Axe.

He'd be the most feared pirate and merchant ever.

46_zpsroitddmh.png47_zpsf3s2qpoc.png

Though I don't think it's JUST because you're a bard, I will let you go for the time being.

48_zpsfacurtcw.png

It would be wise to learn more, Roy. I approve.

49_zpspibrs0ov.png

It's more incredulous that the volcano had bandits. I can't be that surprised anymore.

50_zpsvx3tryht.png

Oh. Oh yeah! Wasn't there a mechanic like this FE7? I think so.

Turn 1 enemy positions

51_zpsigluh5kc.png

Right. I should see if I can find those noxious fume spots.

52_zpsxyysea5x.png

This looks like one of them. Okay. They're commonly placed in front of chests.

But I can't discern if there are any placed on the sides. I did bring the Restore staff with me but Saul should be able to benefit from poison.

Astore is providing the visibility to see the east Brigand. Any business I want to take care of the east Brigand should be done before moving Astore.

Simple enough. I have Allen use of his movement towards the Brigand. We reveal the Shaman from before in the process.

This is so Lance with his Iron Sword can whack this Halberd Brigand to death with absolutely no chance to get hit.

53_zpsotmcjesu.png

A pitiful state of affairs when you can't use your effective weapon.

Lance hits him once before crit-killing him. Ha!

Astore steals the Thief's Lockpick.

Elphin plays for Rutger while being in range of the east Chest. Elphin levels up.

54_zpsyqyy57mn.png

I know HP is important but please, Elphin.

Future Me: When I got the Myrmidon screenshot seen later, Elphin played and got a much better level up. It included HP, Speed, Defense, and one other stat. I was quite sad.

Rutger sends the Brigand to near-death. 15 more EXP and he will level up.

Turn 1 ends as such:

55_zpslgg0396f.png

Roy counters by killing the Brigand. Level up!

56_zpsu9xnnb3j.png

What are you doing, Roy? Are you trying to prove that you're... good?!

He is still subscribed to the Res Bus.

Myrmidon in sight!

Steel Bow Archer misses Astore.

Hand Axe Brigand misses Astore.

Shaman does not get to Flux Lance.

The Thief I stole his Lockpick from is trying to run away.

A Thief is nearing the Chest I'm nearing.

57_zpscrj9tgmx.png

Hey!

58_zpsafzcypgl.png

Here's another noxious fume that may be harder to tell is there.

Turn 2

59_zpszch83t7r.png

156_zpsezokxjug.png

Future Me: I remembered that I forgot to screenshot a Myrmidon. I still had the save for 12x so this was no biggie to go back in and get this pic.

60_zpsgrizslm2.png

... Now that I think about it, I haven't seen droppable items on this journey, have I?

So in order for me to get that Elixir, I need to steal from him.

I didn't bring Merlinus. Dang it!

I want Lilina to get Thief kill EXP.

61_zpsjwhqrqba.png

Lilina releases pent-up anger for the first time.

62_zpstpdko4vq.png

Mage on Wheels --> Mage on Bike

Lance plunges his Iron Lance into the Thief twice to take him out.

Elphin plays for Lance.

Lance gets rid of the Shaman. 2 EXP from leveling!

Allen goes north to possibly intercept the Thief.

Rutger switches to the Steel Sword and kills the Archer. 2 EXP from leveling as well.

63_zpsvpmzbw28.png

Oh yes I will be needing this

No not really

64_zpsalbm22pp.png

Saul will stop at the spot the arrow ends.

Hand Axe Brigand misses Saul.

65_zpst24pkhia.png

It sucks that the Elixir is unavoidable. I could care less about the Antitoxin.

66_zpswyb3no6b.png67_zps384grxut.png

I wasn't quick on capturing the hidden noxious fumes but I think they were in these locations.

Turn 3

68_zpsuing5dyc.png69_zpsgessgcdx.png

I'm trying to decide if the Elixir is really worth trying to steal from the Thief. If it is, I will need to have Astore make some room.

Lance misses one of his 82 hit Iron Lance attacks on the Myrmidon. Argh! Myrmidon misses him and Lance hits. That is enough chip EXP to gain a level up.

70_zps5rmp0pr2.png

Defense has been kind of lacking for the Cavaliers.

The battle reveals a new Brigand.

Elphin playing for Lance on the west keeps him safe.

Lance switches to the Iron Sword and fells the Myrmidon.

Lilina puts her new Speed to good use by killing the Hand Axe Brigand with no injuries.

71_zpsokm0pnjo.png

I have a feeling that this is a noxious fume area.

Rutger kills the Myrmidon while sustaining injuries. That's Level 19 for him!

72_zpsayguyewy.png

While more Strength is always appreciated, I then remember that I didn't bring the Hero's Crest because I originally was planning to bring Merlinus--thus I didn't pack a Hero's Crest onto Rutger.

:facepalm:

Saul heals Rutger.

73_zpsdmpmw7dc.png74_zps7h07aeam.png

Allen will park himself to the north of the west structure (labeled as "cliff") so he's in range of the Halberd Brigand.

Halberd Brigand squanders his 8 hit opportunity and gets murdered by Allen in the process.

Lance weakens a Steel Axe Brigand.

Hand Axe Brigand misses Roy.

Steel Bow Archer sinks a bolt into Roy.

75_zpsuiim7orx.png

Yes, you're a Druid, but you're not going to be hitting for squat.

76_zpskllhrbww.png77_zpslulxqpur.png

More noxious fume spots.

[spoiler=Chapter 12x-2 - *Disappointing Looting*]
Turn 4
79_zpsbyavzugx.png78_zpsgpibzu99.png

The Thief with the Elixir sunk into the shadows. I think he's just going for the chest above Allen.

Lance rids himself of the Brigand he weakened on enemy phase.

80_zpsb3cxzcgu.png
Elphin needs to get out of the way so I had him grab this Elixir.

Lilina incinerates the Archer.
Rutger hacks the Brigand dead with his Steel Sword.

81_zps2giqsjde.png
Roy's very angry too.
Astore moving reveals a new Brigand.
Saul heals Roy.

I shall end Turn 4 with this arrangement:
82_zpstpckiuve.png83_zps7t10g34t.png84_zpsrsawlwiw.png

85_zpskeydkrqi.png
Except not. Dang! I was trying that path to avoid crashing into an enemy. Looks like the Thief is going to grab that chest too.

Steel Axe Brigand misses Lance. Lance counters him twice.
Myrmidon cuts into Allen. Allen kills him.
Steel Bow Archer misses Allen.
Hand Axe Brigand coming from the shadows misses Lance.
Hand Axe Brigand misses Lance.

86_zpsni8hjryx.png
Mostly Elixirs and Antitoxins. I don't necessarily use Elixirs so maybe I should just kill the nuisance.

Eclipse Druid shall always miss Allen.

Turn 5 enemy positions
88_zpseepdftlv.png89_zpscmoxflaz.png

87_zpsrmbqfvsh.png
This Thief is loaded. Could it be that he won't go for more chests?
Maybe it's possible to catch this guy using Astore?
But then I would have to guess where he's going.

90_zpshxo2geiq.png91_zpsd1fxxnsp.png92_zpsz0ssuavc.png
The whole east side is empty.
On the west side, there's the northwest and southwest areas.
When I stole that Thief's Lockpick, I think he was trying to leave through the southwest area.
I think I'll wait a turn before doing something to this Thief.

93_zpsv35by2jk.png
I guess I can keep this for now--even though it doesn't give EXP.

Lance switches to the Javelin and kills the weakened Brigand. I hope to counter and hit the other two Brigands on enemy phase. 16 EXP until he levels up.
I check and see that the Druid has a Nosferatu tome. I have Allen equip the Javelin, go around to the Archer's north, and attack directly. He slays the Archer.

95_zpsihvzrsiw.png
In northwest, left to right off-screen is Lilina and Saul.
Elphin and Lance stayed in their positions.

Steel Axe Brigand cannot hit a swift-footed Astore. Astore hacks at him twice.
Hand Axe Brigand hits Lance. Lance misses both his attacks.
Hand Axe Brigand misses Lance. Lance hits him once.
Thief is running south. Aha!
Eclipse Druid tries to get Astore. He shall always miss.

96_zps4hip1rft.png
Another not-as-obvious noxious fume area.

Turn 6 enemy positions
97_zpsnntvfhay.png98_zpsztjj2n7k.png

I want the Thief's two Elixirs and Lockpick. I'm going to have to dump Astore's inventory into someone else's inventory.

Lilina has been carrying this 1 use Fire for a long while. I have her break it while killing off the Brigand. She's 3 EXP from leveling. She also increases in Anima rank to A.
Lance uses a Vulnerary.
Roy has a full inventory after he takes Lilina's Elfire from her. She now has three empty slots.
Astore moves southwest but not too far away so Lilina can't catch him next turn.
Saul uses a Torch staff for EXP.
Allen hits the Druid once with his Javelin.

99_zpsofxn9spt.png100_zpskjsh7az8.png
Elphin shall be moving towards Astore so we can hopefully steal everything and kill the Thief in due time.

Lance and a Hand Axe Brigand have themselves a dodge party.
Lance is able to kill the other Brigand without further damage. He levels up!

101_zpstunhbhnv.png
Strength nearly equal to Rutger's. Not too bad, I guess.

Eclipse Druid misses Roy.

Turn 7
102_zpspfx6kxsl.png

Alright. Let's do this. I may need to fast-forward a bit if there ends up not being any other enemies. There doesn't seem to be any currently because no others have come at me during these turns.

Lilina takes Astore's Torch, one of his Iron Swords, and the Antitoxin.
Astore runs further south.
Lance throws his Javelins at the Hand Axe Brigand in a spot where Elphin can get him. Lance hits him once and dodges the counter.
Elphin plays Lance.
Lance switches to the Iron Sword and kills the Brigand.

103_zpsw7cd77sf.png
Allen will move to the southeast of Rutger, ending this turn.

Druid switches to Nosferatu and misses Rutger.

Turn 8
104_zpsbnctnkkt.png

I wanted one of my unpromoted units to get that Druid kill. Let's see... I think it might have to be Roy. The boss is probably a Berserker/Warrior and Rutger can take that kill, hopefully to get 100 EXP.

105_zpsnawgnsgl.png
Block this guy's path for the time being. Should have had Elphin dance for EXP this turn but oh well.

Roy kills the Druid easy. His EXP goes from 28 to 75. So much EXP!
Saul heals Allen. One more heal to a level up.

106_zpsgca9cma3.png
Didn't realize that Allen would be the last unit to move but I discovered a Brigand, it seems!

Turn 9
107_zps7vf8pkwe.png

That's a Devil Axe Brigand up there. Apparently doesn't move. Good to know.

Elphin plays for Astore.

108_zpspj17jfxh.png
Commence stealing operation!

I have another idea. If I can pull this off, I can have all four Thief items in tow. For now, Lance will move to Elphin's west so the Thief can think he is going to keep exiting west.

109_zpszf2rwzj6.png
Last unit to move is Allen. I will make sure there are no more enemies in the east area by sending him there, ending this turn.

Turn 10
110_zpsywgji5jp.png

111_zpsdy6opnnw.png112_zpsvpawgtzz.png
Two steals with Elphin's help.

Now for the plan in question.
After all that Brigand fighting, Lance happens to have a 1 use Iron Sword on him. As long as he doesn't activate his 1 chance crit, I can get the Antitoxin as well.

Lance and the Thief trade blows. Lance breaks the Iron Sword. Next turn, he will take one of Astore's items.

113_zpsluex1unf.png
Oh dear.
That's a Killing Edge Myrmidon. Hopefully he doesn't get provoked by Rutger and Roy right there.
The boss is in sight, though.

114_zpsw4fpjk3k.png115_zpskycwrmeu.png
Yep. Another Berserker. I should have known.
I don't have Clarine with me so Rutger might be in trouble with Guerrero's crit chance.
I can force him into the Hand Axe however.
Level 2 Berserker boss means a Level 13 unpromoted will get 100 EXP. Level 19 Rutger will get 80, 5 more than he needs to hit Level 20.

116_zpssute6an3.png
There seems to be no enemies in the eastern area. Allen can come back up now. I'll end the turn even without Saul moving.

117_zpsgrqp0x8n.png
Hi, hidden Brigand!
Hand Axe Brigand misses Allen.

Turn 11

No screenshot since there probably won't be much going on this turn.

Lance takes Astore's new Lockpick and starts heading towards the main group.
Astore steals the Antitoxin. Forgot to screenshot this.
Elphin plays Astore.
Lance left just enough HP for Astore to get this kill. Full Thief EXP! Astore levels up!

118_zpslxcuvt8m.png
Astore why

Since it's going to be a while for Lance to make it to the main group and for Astore to get all the chests, I have Allen trick the Brigand into moving north towards the main group.
So I'm fast-forwarding!

119_zpsuudj99dn.png

120_zpsdglpc8zc.png
From the Brigand that Allen dragged all the way north. More Magic is always appreciated. She's now on the same level as Roy.

121_zpsrfx6pymz.png
Healing Lance nets him more Speed.

122_zpsq25hgohd.png
More Speed, Elphin! You need more Speed!

123_zpse5mtnvmn.png
I guess more Lockpicks are always good for either unlocking or funds rank.

Still fast-forwarding but...

Lance throws his Javelin at the Killing Edge Myrmidon. He hits.
Lilina takes that kill.
I'm uncertain if that provokes the Devil Axe Brigand to move so I have Roy kill him while also breaking the Iron Sword. He's 2 EXP from leveling.

Turn 17

I'll start killing the boss.

Allen gets in Guerrero's Hand Axe range.

124_zpseuv7fjax.png125_zps487nyesa.png
Eloquence in its finest.
He misses. He has no hit chance.
Upon checking stats, Allen just has enough Avoid to null out his hit chance with a Hand Axe. Nice!

A bit risky even with the boss having 18 hit chance, but I have Roy hit the boss for chip EXP. This is successful without Roy getting injured. Level up!

126_zpsn9hlene9.png
Not too bad, Roy.

Rutger needs a little more chip before he can possibly crit-kill the boss. I have Lance trade Allen for his Iron Sword and attack Guerrero with it. Lance manages to crit him, dodge an attack, and then hit him.
Well, that made Rutger's job a lot easier! All he needs to do is hit the boss normally with the Killing Edge.

127_zps4dcofca2.png
This battle was actually tense at first because Rutger missed! The boss missed too before Rutger killed him. Phew!
As for this guy's quotes, "DAAAAAH DURRRRR DEEEE." I mean, I got nothing else. This material is hard to work with.
And just as calculated, Rutger levels up for level 20!

128_zpstoujzbu9.png
Interesting, Rutger. I feel like this is his first time getting Defense.
The unchaining will unfortunately have to happen next chapter.

FAST-FORWARD FOR CHESTS.

129_zpstazy2uwn.png
Awesome! More money!

130_zpsxxk4tigy.png
Money!

131_zpsqfrafmg3.png
Bleh

132_zpswkcaiqkt.png
Man, really?

133_zpsef3bpnzr.png
On the last turn (Turn 25), which is also the turn Astore gets the last chest. Better stats for a Bard.

Time for us to uncover the legendary Armands.

134_zpsratwopx7.png
I want to get out of here as soon as I can.

135_zpshrw6cgf4.png136_zpszikth0pw.png
Elphin has sharp hearing. He and Raigh should be good friends.

137_zpsrrd6xwkh.png138_zpsls9kgcxu.png
Secret passage!

139_zpswvs9t1jr.png
And one will not likely use if you're your father's son, Roy.

140_zpsmbpowxsl.png141_zpssxs19lyf.png
Roland was small but could wield Durandal. I thought it was all about strength rather than stature.

142_zpstqttvifd.png
Scene shift!
Hi Generic Soldier. What can I do for you?

143_zpsmjlo6b3b.png
Not another revolt!

144_zpso8bnfm4l.png145_zpskqb9n18d.png
Merlinus enters because reasons.
That was the other guy I was trying to remember.
And I knew we shouldn't have let Arcardo get away.

146_zps1tjytkrg.png147_zpswilpfjls.png
If they do that, Perceval and Cecilia will be our enemies. I must not let that happen.

148_zpsrji5xtqk.png
That's right! Guinivere was over there too. Whatever happened to her?

149_zpsqzwlsjka.png
Dang it.

150_zpsyiflgnj9.png151_zpscwa5p8v0.png152_zpsk8vv3vvo.png
That's bad. That means Perceval and... whoever the other general is are my enemies. I can assume Cecilia isn't.
If I can somehow get Cecilia or the king, I should be able to get Perceval and... whoever the other general is.

153_zps5jozciej.png
We should, stat!

154_zpsbcjjndop.png
Best wishes to the princess.

155_zps9mmsdpje.png
We have acquired Armands for our trouble! Hurrah!

Thrown into Merlinus' wagon Armands goes; but, as we do so, a revolution in Etruria has spread across the land. Shall we find Cecilia together and calm down the turbulence in Etruria by reuniting the Etrurian Generals?
I dearly hope so--for the sake of Lycia and Etruria.

Roy        Lord         17.10    34     13      13      14      13       7       9
Allen      Paladin       2.45    42     17      16      19      10      12       5
Lance      Cavalier     19.69    35     12      13      20       9       7       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Peg Knight   17.55    25(+7) 12      14      20      17       6       7
Rutger     Myrmidon     20.00    35     13      20      20       7       7       3
Saul       Priest       16.48    27      9      13      16       4       3      11
Lilina     Mage         16.47    22     15       5      12       9       3      10
Astore     Thief        14.41    29      7       9      17      11       8       3
Klain      Sniper        2.03    28     13      14      11      11       8       6
Elphin     Bard          6.02    19      1       3      12      13       4       2
Geese      Pirate       14.33    37     10      11      11      10       8       1

*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

Good, good, Rutgers ready. Now see my above post, but replace Rutger with Shanna. Also LOL at Lilina getting one shotted by anything with 25 attack. Makes her job harder, no?

Edited by momogeek2141

Your Lilina right now is the very definition of glass cannon. She can probably ORKO or very near to ORKO anything in your path, but suffers OHKOs/2HKOs in return. Also, her speed gain is nuts :o. Not going into any detail, but I would kill to have a Lilina that fast...

[spoiler=Why I'm Jealous]

My Lilina at 20/20 only gained two more points of speed than yours. And your one has 23 more levels to go.

Edited by elf_01

But-But-But Milady! She definitely looks recruitable! 8C Please don't rip out my heart, momogeek. My heart wouldn't be able to take it!

But Rutger's not Level 20. 8'C He will definitely get the Hero's Crest, I promise.

[spoiler=Chapter 12x-1 - *Thieves on the Prowl*]

12_zpstb4hhstx.png

"Really well"? That's odd. I sold off the gems, used the Seraph Robe, used the Knight's Crest, and having been doing liberal use on equipment.

FE6 is more laxing on the funds requirement?

16_zps4uabk7x3.png

Huh! How can "really well" be "5 star" if Cath and Shin died? Maybe "really well" isn't "5 star." Maybe "4 star"?

But none of the other descriptions suggested anything that was better than "really well," so I would assume that's "5 star."

I never recruited Cath or Shin... and any of the units I did recruit I reseted for their deaths...

Interesting! Very interesting! I'm now legitimately confused!

Thank you, Lalum, but I must be off to inspect the map.

53_zpsotmcjesu.png

A pitiful state of affairs when you can't use your effective weapon.

Lance hits him once before crit-killing him. Ha!

62_zpstpdko4vq.png

Mage on Wheels --> Mage on Bike

Lance plunges his Iron Lance into the Thief twice to take him out.

Elphin plays for Lance.

Lance gets rid of the Shaman. 2 EXP from leveling!

Allen goes north to possibly intercept the Thief.

Rutger switches to the Steel Sword and kills the Archer. 2 EXP from leveling as well.

Turn 3

68_zpsuing5dyc.png69_zpsgessgcdx.png

I'm trying to decide if the Elixir is really worth trying to steal from the Thief. If it is, I will need to have Astore make some room.

101_zpstunhbhnv.png

Strength nearly equal to Rutger's. Not too bad, I guess.

75_zpsuiim7orx.png

Yes, you're a Druid, but you're not going to be hitting for squat.

Not that he's going to reach 20/20 anyway, but he should be promoted at 20 because there is no secondary weapon level to work on. Lilina should promote after Ch12x as you should get her to LV20 by now!

They aren't as strict in the Ranking system as in FE7. I've only saved up a Guilding Ring (spoiler chapter), 2 Knight Crests, and some gems from the spoiler chapters which was a White Gem and a Blue gem+everything else not used from the wagon after buying enough stuff in the spoiler chapter with the left over gold was enough to get an A rank in funds. Buying things with the Silver Card does give you insurance on your funds rank by 50% with whatever that you buy.
Your survival rank dowsn't dwindle if NPC's, or allies that are at first enemy units dies.
The sweet number 0% hit!
Promote her nyaaaaao.
Weapon levels increases slow in this game as all mages>sages rod ranks start at E level.
I've forgot to say that female mages have a better Mag cap than the male ones do!
It is since you cannot buy them in this game!
Hey.
He may get a double stat in Luck after the next level up. You don't gain any luck upon promoting units by the way!
Eclipse has terrible accuracy for a reason!

WHY DOES YOUR THANY HAVE TWELVE STRENGTH WHAT WITCHCRAFT HAVE YOU INVOKED

also holy shit Lance calm down

Hey there, new poster!

I DON'T EVEN KNOW BUT I HOPE MY WITCHCRAFT NEVER STOPS WORKING ITS MAGIC LOL

He's finally catching up. My poor lad has been left behind for too long.

Good, good, Rutgers ready. Now see my above post, but replace Rutger with Shanna. Also LOL at Lilina getting one shotted by anything with 25 attack. Makes her job harder, no?

Gladly will promote this Shanna of Strength.

Lilina's trying. At least her Speed is apparently good. :'D

Your Lilina right now is the very definition of glass cannon. She can probably ORKO or very near to ORKO anything in your path, but suffers OHKOs/2HKOs in return. Also, her speed gain is nuts :o. Not going into any detail, but I would kill to have a Lilina that fast...

[spoiler=Why I'm Jealous]

My Lilina at 20/20 only gained two more points of speed than yours. And your one has 23 more levels to go.

I read what was in the spoilers. My god. What is wrong with my Lilina and Shanna? XD

@PuffPuff:

Huh. I guess so on the ranking stuff. It's been a while since I did FE7's ranking (and only on normal; I was working on hard last time) but one or two of those requirements were ridiculous.

There was much unchaining this chapter.

Interesting. Lilina really is the old Micaiah. So much magic.

Poor Rutger and his single-digit Luck, haha.

Yes but I kind of expect more threatening Dark tomes... especially after I've been scarred by FE7's Luna tome. ffffff the Luna tome.

I was thinking if to do Chapter 13 or the alternate run of Chapter 10 first. Since I didn't give much of a warning, I'll hold off on Chapter 10 alternate until completing Chapter 13 and anything I missed is cleared.

*This chapter had soooo many screenshots. All the cutscenes! So there's more summarizing in the cutscenes.

*This first part has an awkward split as a result. It's during Turn 2's enemy phase.

Now Etruria is revolting! They have been our main support line for Princess Guinivere and Mage General Cecilia. I can expect for the time being that they will be my enemies...

[spoiler=Chapter 13-1 - *I'm not teased anymore*]

1_zpsitw7tlvg.png

And just after we got Armands. Something bad happened when we got Durandal too. Pattern?

2_zpsar7ucv93.png3_zpsdcutf6xb.png

Okay so she's still on our side or at least neutral.

4_zpsqa9qudya.png

Bern was only being silent to do this kind of stuff to me. Curse you, Bern!

5_zpsvl15rmnu.png6_zpsvnaebm3n.png

So I finally know the other Etrurian General. Cool.

But no! They're my enemies!

Perceval, please don't be a permanent enemy like Camus. You were cool!

With Perceval and Douglas on the revolutionaries side (even if against their own will), the loyalist group is pushed out of Etruria.

8_zpsg8r5xbvs.png

Definitely rescuing time.

11_zps9j5ikz0u.png

I shall rescue a member of Roy's harem!

13_zpsfl7pnhia.png

Chapter 13 is pretty huge with terrain not many can cross.

And even while Shanna and Geese (under slow movement) can cross these waters...

14_zpsuo2akrs0.png15_zpspxqkhbt2.png37_zpsngui4gh2.png

We've got ballistae here to stop them in their tracks. Geese only gets a 10 avoid bonus on Sea so it's not that ideal terrain to dodge ballistae bolts.

That third one is a Killer. I would probably be unable to exploit it for long.

16_zpskn8sy9zl.png17_zpspq4ggfo4.png

Across the waters is Cecilia surrounded by many enemies. Even while being a promoted unit with an Aircalibur tome, she's not going to last long here under constant abuse.

18_zpsceywn0ol.png19_zpsznm4fk9o.png

Not too far away is Perceval, who's packing the stats. He only has a Silver Lance... but that's the thing, he only has a Silver Lance. He's not going to be afraid of murdering any of my units with it.

Two ways I can think of recruiting him: recruit Cecilia and have her talk to him or get the king and prove to Perceval that everything is okay.

Perceval's AI, I'll need to figure out. If he goes for Cecilia, she might be gone before I even reach the bridge.

Oh! But I have a third guess as well: leave Perceval alone. Perhaps by seizing the castle, Perceval will be recruited just from cutscenes.

In the same screenshot, you can see the Armory, Vendor, and a tiny Arena.

It's also the return of the houses for the first time in a while. Maybe they will tell me how to get Perceval.

20_zpsx7kq9bwj.png21_zpsq1lmyp76.png

Two villages. The left screenshot is a village that is to the north of where I start. It's being guarded by Etrurians.

The other village is near where Cecilia is. Also surrounded by Etrurians.

I don't know if the king would be in either of these villages but I would guess so if my second guess on how to recruit Perceval is true. I'll try to make sure to visit them first before getting to Perceval.

Looking like another split party again--hopefully just one or two units going north will be good enough. Roy's objective should be going to Cecilia first thing.

As for the enemy line-up:

22_zps0swkueuh.png23_zps6r1i54bb.png24_zpsye5fcqai.png

25_zpsmbkj4efd.png26_zpsvuafktok.png27_zpsna1qjn3t.png

28_zpsos1psbrl.png29_zpsj66zzc8m.png30_zpsxq374f5c.png

A whole variety to pick from. It's the first appearance of the Troubadour and Hero class. The Hero, to me, is especially threatening.

Honorable mentions of worrisome foes:

40_zpsmuo8gcu8.png44_zps4p3gl0vb.png48_zpslnucm3yj.png

From top-to-bottom, left-to-right: Killer Lance, Horseslayer, Killing Edge.

There's also enemies with Axereavers--not the other Reaver weapons. They don't like Geese today.

31_zps0j83umqy.png32_zpstxlz28lm.png

Flaer is the first Wyvern Lord. The pummeling of Narcian will have to come later.

But hey, we get his lackey! And I know how to combat this guy.

Before figuring out the inventory, a statistical look at Armands.

33_zpsuotaubvn.png

Considering how bad most axes' accuracies are, this 75 hit looks good. Like wow good for an axe.

13 weight is pretty heavy but I think promoted Geese will make this work. The Berserker crit bonus will make up for the 0 crit Armands has.

50_zpsv05mv348.png

Jerrot's there for Rescue-ferrying if need be. Clarine for support boost and secondary healer.

Roy's got the Wyrmslayer and Lancereaver because he'll be sent towards Cecilia.

Lilina's carrying the Aircalibur tome.

Shanna has the Horseslayer. I know it weighs her down terribly but I don't plan for her to go solo mission.

Geese still has the Halberd and Swordreaver.

I give Rutger my seal of approval, or the Hero's Crest.

Until another Knight's Crest presents itself, Lance is unfortunately capped for the time being. He'll still be coming along for the Allen support bonus.

Don't know if Shanna is going to hit Level 20 this map but just in case. Upon the chance she does, carpe diem.

51_zpsvxfgkix4.png

I'm going to be doing something with Elphin, Shanna, and Geese in the first turn.

Lance and Allen may need to charge towards the ballistae area so everyone can rush in safely.

Rescuing mission: commence!

53_zps1vpxwctg.png

I'm prepared!

54_zpsj1rhrmzw.png

As soon as I heard the music here, I knew Narcian was coming.

I will kill you soon enough.

Flaer states that the loyalists led by Cecilia are stronger than anticipated.

Narcian isn't pleased.

57_zps3s9ivv0r.png

Your work, Narcian? I haven't seen you since like... Chapter 8.

I think you've been lazy and expecting others to do your work. Please.

58_zpsbgu9x8gy.png

WELL FUCK. CECILIA MIGHT BE DEAD FOR SURE.

Zephiel compliments Cecilia's fighting prowess.

63_zpscauokw0o.png

He says as I'm here.

64_zpszgf6b9y2.png

OH NO

68_zpsmtlblz4i.png

ZEPHIEL

Instead of listening to me, Roy hears Merlinus say the castle hasn't fallen yet.

Turn 1 enemy positions:

71_zpseecpcydn.png

In the north, the southwest Cavalier has a Javelin.

The north ballistae on the south bridge has a max range of what the Mage's range is.

Enacting the plan I mentioned earlier. First, Geese goes up to Shanna.

Shanna rescues him and moves north a few spaces.

Elphin plays for Shanna.

Shanna makes sure to equip the Javelin. She drops Geese off into the forest and moves in range of that southwest Javelin Cavalier.

Allen and Lance will be charging ahead with everyone following after them.

But first...

72_zpsugz1dfl0.png

SHARPEN YOUR KEN.

73_zpsrrjodu4b.png

+5 HP and +3 Def. EXCELLENT.

74_zpsyjv25gxx.png

With these stats and 41 PURE crit chance, you can bet the crit is real for Rutger.

75_zpsnis14jky.png

Merlinus will go to Clarine's west.

In another cutscene, Zephiel steps up to Cecilia and greets her. Shortly after, they commence combat. OH NO

78_zpsjksrgcny.png

Oh Cecilia no... no... Cecilia...

Just lie down and try to pretend you're dead. No... Cecilia...

79_zpskzptryfj.png

Oh boy...

He does a swirl and twirl and lands a crit on Cecilia. Ah... Cecilia...

83_zps5hxp6o6u.png

Uwah? She's still alive?

! She's still alive! Cecilia!

Zephiel comments that he supposes it was foolish to exepct any sort of challenge from an Etrurian like Cecilia.

Narcian proposes that Zephiel leave Cecilia to himself.

Zephiel's like why.

88_zpsc94tpsyp.png

DEAR GOD NO

90_zpsxjnu6pdh.png

NONONO

Narcian prepares a cell for Cecilia. Crap!

Zephiel takes the castle!

Everyone's on the move!

Ballistae hits Allen.

Mage misses Lance. Lance kills him.

Ballistae misses Lance.

Javelin Cavalier hits Shanna. Shanna retaliates with two hits.

92_zpssm0lu7hd.png

PERCEVAL, SAVE US!

94_zpsdolehelp.png

!

Perceval asks if it was Narcian who made the decision to attack the castle. Generic Soldier says it was Zephiel.

Perceval comments that Bern never saw Etruria as partners to begin with. I don't know why they would think that when Bern has DRAGONS.

100_zpsfyha36g6.png

No, Perceval! Cecilia might be getting the horrors visited upon her by Narcian!

102_zpswduygjlc.png

DAMMIT, ROY. I TOLD YOU ABOUT ZEPHIEL.

Roy asks about Cecilia's condition.

And we're basically retold what it is: Cecilia not dead but hurt badly.

Roy says there's a chance she's alive and we should save her.

Of which I go "STOP JABBERING! LET'S GO!"

Turn 2 enemy positions

108_zpsqyuyes5i.png

So... King Zephiel.

109_zps3bylutav.png110_zpsxhlimyra.png111_zpsseqmgkvu.png

You can't be telling me I got to face THIS at this point in the game.

Okay. So Cavaliers have been provoked and that might have been too risky when Shanna hasn't even promoted yet. My mistake.

I need to get rid of the most units I can on the ballistae bridge.

Klain isn't fast enough to double the Mage with normal weaponry. He's going to need to withdraw the Brave Bow.

Merlinus takes out the Brave and Killer Bows from the convoy and trades them for Klain's Longbow and Shortbow.

Klain misses once! DAMMIT, KLAIN. Mage hits him with lightning. SERIOUSLY, KLAIN? 89 HIT CHANCE?

Lilina takes out the Mage.

Jerrot whips out his Iron Axe and murders the east Archer.

Lance kills the other Archer. He levels up for his last level as an unpromoted.

112_zps0ssjnzbq.png

I don't need this right now, Lance.

Allen kills the south ballistae with no injuries. From this battle, he gets an S rank in lances. I heard that people can have multiple S ranks, though. Still, it's nice to see.

Geese takes out the Cavalier Shanna weakened.

Shanna rescues Geese and moves south.

Saul heals Shanna.

Elphin plays Shanna.

Shanna equips the Horseslayer, moves in range of the Paladin, and drops Geese.

114_zpsrhaazuqt.png

I do a little trading chain so Rutger will end up with the Wyrmslayer and Lancereaver in exchange for his Vulneraries for the incoming Wyvern Riders. This ends the turn.

Another cutscene (so many cutscenes!) where Narcian reports to Zephiel they found Guinivere. Zephiel orders to bring her to him.

117_zpswoxn959y.png

She gets a Sage model. Cool.

Also: crap.

120_zps5i0c6efz.png

Sad music shift.

Your father was scum and tried to kill Zephiel. Now Zephiel's taking his daddy issues onto the world.

Zephiel's all, "How can you say people are innocent? Men get afflicted with emotions like jealousy, greed, vanity and kill each other out of those petty emotions."

125_zpsoayozq4o.png

Start with yourself, buddy.

Guinivere's still on about how there are so many people being killed for his change. Zephiel says a few worthless lives are nothing for the change he wants.

Changed so hard from FE7. I wonder how I would have felt if I played FE6 first and then FE7. Hm...

Zephiel shows a minor form of compassion by saying to Guinivere that she is his only blood relative left. He is willing to forgive her trechery for one time but will not forgive the next instance.

Zephiel asks if the head of Guinivere's guard is present.

133_zpsxudqm3pw.png

Back to the menacing tune.

Milady!

CAN I FINALLY GET HER THIS TIME?

PLEASE STOP TEASING ME AND DON'T TEAR OUT MY HEART BY SAYING SHE'S NOT RECRUITABLE.

134_zpsti6u4mtt.png

AGH. WHY.

135_zpsw4tm0fwv.png

This went from bad to worse.

Narcian, Zephiel, and Guinivere enter the castle. The castle is open to be seized... for now.

Silver Lance Paladin sinks his 21 damage lance into Shanna. OW! Shanna goes for a glorious counter with the Horseslayer. It's the duel of the high-damage attacks!

Silver Lance Paladin hits Jerrot. Jerrot hits him back once and gains a level up.

136_zpsqerelr5n.png

Not bad.

SNIPER GETS OUT OF THE BALLISTA. He hits Jerrot for another 14 damage. JERROT NO.

Jerrot dodges a Javelin Cavalier.

137_zpszn9cm2xy.png

Sad song. Also: MILADY.

Milady says she is glad that Guinivere is safe but...

139_zpspd9wnior.png

Not this again. Please.

Guinivere backs away from Milady.

142_zpsomcj9qpe.png

Silly Guinivere. Sages can't use swords.

Guinivere demands to be let free.

Milady asks what would Guinivere do if she was let free.

Guinivere responds that Roy and the army are near by, of which Milady is astonished that Guinivere would consider joining the enemy.

Guinivere says that she cannot stand idle while she watches the world get overrun by Bern's forces. No matter what reason her brother has, it is still a violent conquest.

149_zps44dwwlfk.png

One where dragons rule and humans are dust in the burning wind.

Guinivere asks again to be let go. Milady has a question.

153_zpswob6kzmh.png

Does this mean...?

155_zpsb5f6labe.png156_zpsli03wqve.png

Does this mean...?!

Milady says that she serves Guinivere before she serves Bern.

If Guinivere so asks, Milady will gladly let her go.

160_zps5ow8zase.png

Accompanymeaccompanyme

161_zps1qnlpaqc.png

YEAHHHHH!

Milady's AI searches for Roy and--

162_zpsmvukymop.png

FUCK YEAH

164_zpssnpmm6gp.png

I SWEAR, OLD MAN. I WILL PUT YOUR NOSE THROUGH THE GRINDSTONE--LITERALLY.

Roy thinks Milady could be a messenger.

166_zpsulzokmpq.png

Now quietly slither into the shadows, Merlinus. Go on. Shoo.

167_zpshrqfapq6.png

Much better.

Why hello, my Wyvern Rider!

Guinivere presents herself and Roy is glad she is safe.

Guinivere tells Roy that she escaped with Milady's help.

170_zpskfpfwd4v.png

PLEASURE TO MEET YOU TOO.

STAY ON MY TEAM FOREVER.

Guinivere assures us that Cecilia is still alive but gravely wounded.

After Roy thanks her and declares once again we must save Cecilia, we enter Turn 2:

174_zps8exrhwnj.png

It's very hard to get enemies without having to get two screenshots.

175_zps7svge66m.png

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Sorry. I just love the Wyvern Rider class so much. Since you get them later in the game, I get so excited each and any time (yes, even on repeated playthroughs) I get one.

Except for Luck and Resistance, of course, Milady is looking great. She could do with more Speed since she's not going to be able to double many enemies with a Steel Lance.

I should have an Iron Lance and Javelin in the convoy with her name on it.

Needless to say, YES I'M USING HER.

HAHAHA YES

I move Roy out of the way so Merlinus can withdraw weapons and trade to Milady.

Unfortunately, Milady can't kill anything to the east without help. I also don't think the main army needs that much help.

178_zps21iosqrt.png

FEASTING TIME.

Milady kills him for 73 EXP. PATH TO GLORY. AHAHAHA.

181_zpsfhjtthfj.png

KILL ALL THE CAVALIERS.

She's 4 EXP from leveling.

182_zpsfykgtcbw.png

SLAUGHTER ALL THE CAVALIERS.

He's 4 EXP from leveling.

Elphin plays Geese.

I'm more concerned about the east side for now so I'll hold off killing the Cavalier.

Clarine does emergency healing to Jerrot.

Klain kills the north Cavalier with his Silver Bow.

Rutger goes for the Paladin.

184_zpstas6sjbk.png

DESTROY HIM

AHAHAHAHA

Allen builds his sword rank by killing the Sniper.

I better check back on Geese in case he misses. He downs the Killer Lance Cavalier. Wahoo! Level up!

185_zpsa8pbhebo.png

What happened to Strength, Geese?

Saul heals Shanna.

Lilina kills the last nearby Cavalier and is 3 EXP from leveling.

Jerrot moves in range of the Javelin Wyvern Rider and equips the Hand Axe.

186_zps8jsrxmst.png187_zps7ojenijo.png

These positions shall end this turn.

190_zpsx58b0w53.png

WELL

Some of these dragons will be supplied to Narcian. WELL

193_zpsyfek04rj.png

The Nabata Desert? Not the desert!

194_zpscnjdeiix.png

The hidden village Nergal and Athos were said to have stayed in? That place?

196_zpsx16fcnkl.png

Oh not this place again.

If there's Fog of War I swear I will choke someone.

197_zpslc93b4w1.png

Outnumbered by what?

198_zpssm6qjcqv.png

That village will be mine!

Zephiel says Narcian better not disappoint him.

200_zpsow6zenqj.png

While I'm around, this is blatant lies.

Even with a 38 hit chance, the Cavalier hits Lilina for 17 damage. Lilina counters by killing him.

201_zpsttedvz9t.png

RARE STAT GAINS

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Jerrot. Jerrot hits him back twice.

Troubadour heals Wyvern Rider. Hey!

[spoiler=Chapter 13-2 - *More Unchaining*]
202_zpsc5jrgezc.png
More cutscenes!
I like this music.

203_zps7jw3htbv.png
Hey, you're... Sophia, aren't you?
You also appeared in FE7. You still look like what you did then.

Apparently Sophia(?) tended to Cecilia's wounds.

207_zpsedrhaijp.png
Dang. Cecilia thinks she can move after the immense beating she did?
It seems she can't, though, because she says ow afterwards.

Sophia(?) says Cecilia mustn't move. Cecilia says that she has to do something.
Sophia(?) says everything will be fine. Now why would she say that?

211_zps1yvihzzy.png
And this light will aid them so they should wait patiently. A seer?

Cecilia asks who Sophia(?) is.

214_zpsjjmubejv.png
Sophia(?) --> Sophia
Arcadia? That's the hidden city, isn't it?

Cecilia does not know what that place is.
Sophia just says that she will explain in due time. For now, just trust her.

Turn 4 new enemy positions
217_zpsn3ccoqcq.png

Baiting of the Wyvern Riders: success.

219_zps6fzy6d4k.png
Wait. I can use these? I thought I couldn't before!
Why didn't the attack ranges show up before then?
Oh well. Now I know the stats for the Iron(?) Ballistae. Apparently it also adds Klain's Strength because he can kill the 26 HP Wyvern Rider.

I have him do so since he's the only one not Lilina I want to get EXP.

220_zpsxhrepcve.png
Fun times!

221_zpsrzhlul74.png
Uh... that's weird. Why did this show up in my player phase?

223_zps5dvb2s0m.png
Maybe you should be the one to take care of us instead of, I don't know, your peons?

224_zpsik8jxhna.png
Yes, a dragon that got absolutely beaten down by a little Mage and a Paladin. Mostly by the little Mage.
I'm soooooo scared!

Narcian blames Flaer for not taking care of the Lycian Army over at the Western Isles. Despite it being Flaer's actions, Narcian's reputation is at stake. What does he do about it?

227_zpseoojehe2.png230_zps4dcayntm.png
TAKE CARE OF ME NOW, YOU DUMBASS.

231_zpsh9xqowor.png
Thank you for letting me convert another one of your higher-leveled peons into EXP.
You dumbass.

233_zpsn6npnotc.png
Narcian just wants Flaer to soften us up a bit. That's... assuring?
But aren't you going to be somewhere else? And I heal myself after every map.
This logic, it make sense not.

235_zps4xnbvtxv.png
Delicious EXP.

236_zpsssyrtymo.png237_zpsxmx2ptkh.png239_zpsa1nwzk8u.png
In truth, Narcian, you should have been executed the first moment you let someone else do your job and they fucked it up.
HOW DOES ZEPHIEL PUT UP WITH YOU?!

Narcian has to act all high and mighty and say he could personally execute Flaer now if Flaer preferred.
Flaer just submits to Narcian. What even.

And back to my player phase. That was... very strange.

New boss is Flaer. I already showed his stats.

Clarine heals Lilina.
Milady attacks the Troubadour once.
Elphin plays Milady.
Milady kills the Troubadour and levels up!

242_zpsmruzgz4d.png
I want more stats eventually but PATH TO RUIN STARTS.

Saul heals Geese.
Allen takes out the Troubadour.
Jerrot has Allen equip the Javelin and Jerrot takes up his Hand Axe.
Lilina will be able to survive the Cavalier east even not at full health. She takes out the Wyvern Rider unable to attack back.
Lance and Rutger Rescue-Drop Roy for more distance covered.

244_zpsb0kjoidt.png
Ending positions after Astore moves to space indicated.

Wyvern Riders on the move!
Cavalier goes for Lilina. He misses. Lilina hits him once and unleashes her anger in a crit-kill.

245_zpswjc6gdnq.png
That's my Mage on Bike!

Turn 5 incoming enemies:
246_zpssdun3ghr.png

I guess I understand now how the ballistae works in FE6. Klain doesn't "enter" the ballista unless he shoots from it.
The ballistae don't move in this game but you can enter/exit and shoot on the same turn, unlike in FE7 where you had to enter and shoot or depart and not shoot.
And I think you only "enter" by shooting at something, which I don't think there was a target back in Chapter 11 or whichever chapter it was with Bartre.

Anyways, a turn in which I can relax a bit.

Saul heals Shanna. One more heal for a level up.
Milady visits the village, where a man wants to give us a ring that will build the muscles. I think it's an Energy Ring.

249_zpsxgzqr5mk.png
wtf man
That's rude to say in front of Milady
It turns out to be a Body Ring. That will probably go onto Shanna.

Geese visits the house.

253_zpsdgbyvthc.png
This boy talks about the Etrurian Generals and how the Wyvern Generals of Bern are no match compared to the Etrurian Generals... at least, that's what he wishes he could say.
Kid doesn't have enough confidence in his own Generals. I guess, to be fair, they did get trumped because their king was taken.
That still wasn't a hint on how to recruit Perceval. I really may need to leave him alone or recruit with Roy/Cecilia.

Elphin plays Saul.
Saul heals Milady.

254_zpsxlme4r34.png
Magic is strong with this one. He now has A rank staves.

Healing for Lilina. Clarine levels up.

256_zpstus8ezdz.png
Clarine no

Allen and Jerrot Rescue-Drop Lilina in range of the Javelin Wyvern Rider.
Lance and Astore Rescue-Drop Klain for more distance covered.

255_zpsow6pmg6t.png257_zpspxzdpfiy.png
Merlinus moves as indicated, ending this turn.

Wyvern Rider misses Lilina. Lilina can only hit once.

Turn 6 enemy positions
258_zpsfotdieaq.png

The Wyvern Rider with the cursor on it has a Horseslayer. Better keep Allen and Jerrot out of range. Lance would just explode on contact.

Lilina hides herself into the forest before taking out the weakened Wyvern Rider. She's 15 EXP from leveling.
Allen and Jerrot do a Rescue-Drop to Rutger so Rutger is in the forest. I made sure Rutger was equipped with the Lancereaver. Allen is in range of the Mercenary.

After I moved Roy, I accidentally fumbled with my controls and ended the turn preemptly. Dang! I didn't really need to make moves in the north, though, so it wasn't that bad of a fumble.

The Mercenary poses no threat to Allen. He misses and Allen kills him with two Iron Sword cuts to the face. He's 4 EXP from leveling.
Horseslayer Wyvern Rider misses Lilina. She's safe from death for the turn! Lilina smokes herself some Wyvern Wings. Her Fire breaks but she has another Fire that she equips. 2 EXP from leveling.
The other Wyvern Rider hits Roy. Roy hits once and then crits.

Turn 7 enemy positions
259_zpshkshpym9.png

Me and my fumbling...

I have Lilina take out the Wyvern Rider.

260_zpszlq0uqoc.png
I'm part happy and part sad. Happy because UNLEASHING THE ANGER. Sad because it was a low RN and she's leveling up.

261_zps7vo4a5x5.png
MORE SPEED
If she keeps getting Speed, I will run out of things to call her.

Jerrot visits the village.

262_zpsewcfssme.png
Says the villager who is likely to have 0 stats across the board and no weapon rank.

The sword was last used by a kid named Al. Another one of those named weapons like Gant's Lance?

265_zps1xzifsvn.png
WHAT
WHO
BERN
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS

267_zpsdk3g50li.png
Pretty much a slightly weaker (by 1 Mt), slightly accurate (by 5 hit), less heavier (by 3 weight) Steel Sword. Not bad. Rutger can use this fully.

I have Allen get in range of the Mercenary and Hero. I want someone else to get the Hero kill.
I Rescue-chain so Lilina moves almost another full movement of hers.

Ending results of this turn (Merlinus off-screen but he will move):
268_zpslivzamsa.png

Mercenary hits Allen. Allen murders him. Allen levels up!

270_zpsxuzclngb.png
This is good and bad. Good because important stat increases. Bad because I don't know if the additional two points in damage will kill the Hero.

Apparently not. Hero misses Allen but Allen hits him twice, leaving the Hero to 16 HP. Phew!
A north Cavalier is on the move!

Turn 8
271_zpssvvkj94s.png

The Cavalier in question is on the bridge.

Lilina goes after the Hero for massive EXP. 15 --> 58. All the EXP!
I have Allen visit the house.

272_zpsq2xhpdxx.png
This still doesn't tell me how to get Perceval.
Well, a plan is forming on possibly how to recruit him. Perceval isn't moving so hopefully...
Allen uses the rest of his movement north.

Jerrot rescues Lilina and takes her north.
Lance does something similar with Roy.

I move people around for the incoming Cavalier.
Saul waits for a turn so Elphin can play for EXP.

274_zpsnikki4av.png275_zpstojlqgaw.png
Merlinus will move to end this turn.

Cavalier group reinforcement in the north section. Oh boy...
Cavaliers on the move!
Cavalier on the bridge misses Shanna. Shanna hits him once. That's a level up for her.

277_zpsxuil4lhw.png
It's not Strength or defensive stats but okay.

A cutscene happens between Perceval and the Generic Soldier. Perceval's like, "Fuck this I'm out."

282_zpsxmgwhlvy.png
Maybe I get him in the chapter with Narcian?

283_zpsbc3etf2s.png
So Perceval orders them to fall back.
It was a good thing I didn't provoke these people. I forgot to mention this but I did notice that they were called "Soldiers" and not "Etruria."
Thank god. I didn't want to face Perceval.
But now there's a group of Cavaliers behind me. Wonderful!

That means now that the north ballistae Sniper is gone as well. My fliers are free to move forward!

Turn 9 enemy positions
285_zpswoljblxt.png286_zpshg6kcsds.png

Perceval's gone but now I must counter and in a way where no one dies.
That Cavalier group kind of just came out of nowhere. I don't know where else they might spawn.

Geese has a go with the bridge Cavalier using an Iron Axe. Geese kills.
Saul heals Shanna.
Elphin plays Saul.
Allen gets rid of the Troubadour with his two Javelin throws.
Jerrot and Lance drop Lilina and Roy out of range of the incoming Cavalier group.

287_zpsj9m9qjqx.png288_zpswtowdfmj.png
I placed Milady and Shanna just out of range of the Cavalier group.
Merlinus will move and I will end this turn.

Silver Lance Paladin misses Allen. Allen hits him twice with his Javelin.
Javelin Cavalier misses Allen. Allen leaves the Cavalier clinging on for his dear life.

Turn 10
289_zpshh7q9zul.png290_zpshax4carr.png

Prioritizing killing but being safe.

Shanna takes out the Killer Lance Cavalier northeast of the Paladin. Horseslayer gogogo!
Milady rescues Shanna and goes east.
Elphin plays for Milady. One more play till level up.
If I do my calculations properly, Shanna should be able to survive both the Silver Lance Paladin (27 pure) and Javelin Cavalier (15 pure) attacks with her 6 Defense and 33 HP.
Milady drops Shanna off in a spot where the Paladin and the Javelin Cavalier can get to her and make sure to have Shanna equip the Javelin.
Clarine emergency heals Roy.
Roy gets rid of a Cavalier.
Klain equips the Brave Bow and kills off the Killing Edge Cavalier.
Lilina cooks herself some Paladin meat. She levels up.

291_zpsyhivyi8q.png
A little more defensive this time.

Allen rids me of the north Cavalier of a weaker level. I want to see if I can give Lilina the Level 15 Cavalier.

292_zpsuijq9zva.png293_zpsxiww8oxt.png
Merlinus will move and I will end this turn.

Axereaver Cavalier hits Klain.
Silver Lance Paladin misses Shanna but Shanna also misses.
Javelin Cavalier misses Shanna. Shanna counters with two Javelin throws.

Turn 11 new enemy positions
294_zpseakk0uci.png

I was hoping Shanna would hit the Paladin since it would be enough chip damage for either a Halberd or Horseslayer to take him out.

Milady hits the Paladin from the north. She dodges the counter.
Shanna slays the Paladin with her Horseslayer. Nice! She's 9 EXP from leveling.
Geese kills off the Cavalier Shanna weakened earlier.
Elphin plays for Shanna and levels up.

295_zpskbjwleqj.png
Not too bad.

Shanna also puts down the Axereaver Cavalier.

296_zpshvtpkduh.png
I may just promote her early for the promotion boosts. I don't know.

As for Lilina...

297_zpshikb4hro.png
Why is she so angry today?!

Saul switches Shanna's equipment so she's wielding the Iron Lance and heals her. There's only one Javelin Cavalier so he won't die even if hit.

298_zpstbi2sckj.png
Merlinus moves, yada, yada.

Steel Lance Cavalier goes for Milady. How strange! She's also able to double him but not kill him.
Javelin Cavalier misses Saul.
Troubadour heals Cavalier.

Turn 12
300_zps4idrgnve.png

Now we can start to end this map.

Well, okay, not really. Flaer will one-round KO Lilina even with support bonus. I'm going to have to weaken Flaer down for her since he'll give enough EXP to level her to 20.

Shanna weakens the west Cavalier.
Geese kills the Cavalier and levels up.

301_zpsx5mey5z7.png
Finally got Strength and he got Defense! Sweet!

Milady takes out the other Cavalier.
Saul heals Milady.
Milady misses the Troubadour.

I'm off to fast-forward!

302_zpspqqzjgjy.png
And there was no way of getting over to this side of the map before Turn 1, huh?
Dang it, game.

Oh goodie! More Cavalier reinforcements! This is coming from the south section where my army started.
It's good because Shanna wants to get to Level 20 too!
It was on Turn 12's enemy phase when this group came by.

305_zpsoywqo7hf.png
Milady, no!

I actually don't want to shop for now but I will show inventories. This is in case I do enter the Arena and I can still ponder what I need.

306_zpsm7wr8fd4.png307_zpswnefd9uj.png
Buyable Killers, eh?

308_zps5aitjzsk.png309_zpsqrol4lwy.png310_zpssmrfl6ci.png
More Elfires might be good. I think Lilina can carry them without AS penalty.

On Turn 15's enemy phase, Shanna got hit by a Silver Lance Paladin but she countered with her Horseslayer.

Turn 16
311_zpsgh7qjdjo.png

I had transported Klain and Rutger by Jerrot and Clarine.
Saul physic'd Shanna in case of missing the first hit.

It's a good thing too because she DOES miss.
And she DOES get hit.
The odds of that happening!

She does end up killing him for 50 EXP. Good. I do need her close to Level 20. Like I said, I don't want to Arena abuse unless they are close to another level.
Milady rescues Shanna and moves east.
Elphin plays Milady.
Milady puts herself in a spot where she will get attacked by the Axereaver and Javelin Cavaliers, equips the Javelin, and drops Shanna away from combat.

314_zpskze4smd9.png
Guerilla tactics.

Axereaver Cavalier hits Milady. Milady misses.
Javelin Cavalier misses. Milady throws her Javelin and lands a hit.

Turn 17
315_zpszghcaxue.png

In order for Shanna to level up in the Arena, she needs to win a Level 17 battle. I think I'll just give her a low level enemy kill.

Saul heals Shanna.
Shanna switches to the Iron Lance and attacks the second to the right Cavalier. She kills with little difficulty. She's 8 EXP from leveling.
Milady takes Shanna's Horseslayer and kills the east Cavalier.
Geese lodges his Halberd into the Killer Lance Cavalier.
Elphin plays Milady.
Klain shoots two bolts into the west Cavalier.
Milady kills the softened Cavalier. 6 EXP to a new level up.
Jerrot rescues Klain and moves east.
Rutgets takes and drops Klain out of harm's way.

316_zpscxo5ksnr.png
I hope no more reinforcements come.

Javelin Cavalier misses Jerrot.

Turn 18, now anticipating not much else except boss and Arena screenshots.

Geese takes out his Iron Axe and hits the Cavalier twice without incurring damage. He now has A rank axes.
Milady takes this kill. Another level up.

317_zpsm1kyiq2k.png
Much better, Milady!

Klain lodges an arrow into the Troubadour.
Elphin plays Milady.
Milady misses the Troubadour.
Saul levels up healing Shanna.

318_zps7dok7scf.png
Ever closer to Level 20.

Shanna makes her way towards the Arena.

Fast-forwarding!

320_zpsuvnheeya.png321_zpsnflvcp1j.png
I may just win.

Shanna kept missing and I was worried. The Pegasus Knight had 14 damage and landed the first hit on her. Shanna was able to double her opponent and win in the end. So her last level up?

322_zpsnm0yad7m.png
SHANNA LOL
PLEASE
I'M DYING

There's no one else who's close to a level so that's it for Arena, I think.

323_zpshzdsy84a.png
Good level up, Elphin.

324_zpsdqt4caco.png
Okay, Shanna. Since you've somehow been blessed with the Strength and you're Level 20, I think it's time.

325_zpspihy2brn.png
15 STRENGTH ON A LEVEL 1 FALCOKNIGHT
+6 HP is cool too

327_zpsijmam2l2.png
Oh man
Those are some stats

326_zpsyt60a0qx.png
Sure

Turn 25, time for defeating the boss

Klain attacks Flaer using his Steel Bow.

328_zpsbp4c8vqi.png329_zpspek0xwxw.png
And Klain is a general of Etruria. This will be a worthy duel.
They both hit each other.

Geese gets chip EXP and gets hit on retaliation.
Lilina kills. Hurrah!

330_zpsdng5s1pc.png331_zpsseq19jpy.png332_zpssfyn16eq.png
Nah. Lilina will become a Sage in just a moment.
She gets her last unpromoted level up!

333_zpsw0jhtxpz.png
SHE INTENSIFIES

Little bit of healing and shopping as I need Lilina to promote.

335_zpsh41rt2i9.png
Become the ultimate Sage!

336_zpscyswhj69.png
And then I remembered
That was supposed to go to Saul
OOPS

337_zpsatmnhwvh.png
I hope the other Guiding Ring is pretty unavoidable and soon because I won't have a good Light user for a while.
Well, this will do for now, Lilina, my little Glass Cannon. Just don't disappoint me.

Shopping time!
I still got another full use Killing Edge in the convoy. Rutger has a 10 use Killing Edge that I will only need on occasion now that he's a Swordmaster.
May need more Iron Swords because they're the only consistent weapon that no one will get AS penalty.
I'll buy: 2 Iron Swords, 1 Killing Edge, 2 Killer Lances, 2 Javelins, 1 Iron Bow, and 1 Killer Bow. Enemies are getting tougher and might need more power.
At the Vendor, I'll get: 2 Fires, 1 Elfire, and 1 Heal.

Before I forget...

340_zpsjjnjue3g.png
Yay less AS penalty.

Let's seize this castle, where Cecilia is still alive!

343_zpsadpvskgn.png
You took a critical from Zephiel. Don't be ashamed.

Roy says it's more important that she's alive.

345_zpsd9pqohio.png
Yes, Sophia. This "girl."
She introduces herself in the same manner as before.

347_zpsidtdw8zw.png
A seer. What is her story?

350_zpsogkzcgmw.png
Music shift! And ugh, the Nabata Desert. I really don't like that place.
It had Fog of War and desert in hard mode. Hell visited me.

Arcadia has always been hidden but Bern found out where the village was and attacked it.

353_zpswxakyqc3.png
I see. Bern's just got to raid and pillage everything they see.

Roy asks why Bern would attak Arcadia.

355_zps8bg1nczv.png
Dragons!
The hidden city of Arcadia was founded by man and dragon a long time ago, as these people wanted peace among the races. I remember.

Sophia asks Roy to save her village--and guess who has to just butt in.

358_zpsvilipdhx.png
YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST CHARACTER IN THIS GAME
Roy outright ignores Merlinus' bile

359_zpsmwbtaalr.png
Roy says that we are in Sophia's debt for saving Cecilia and we should do everything we can to save the village.

And then Roy wants to learn more about Arcadia, to which Sophia agrees to do as much as she can say.

As Sophia tells Roy more about Arcadia and the inhabitants, let's sit around the fire for a second. We need to relax after this long day.
Three more people have overcome their limits and are eager to become even stronger. I sure hope they do. It seems Bern is only going to be more relentless as the days go on by.
For now, I'm willing to let them have their rest. They deserved it. So let's record what has happened...

Roy        Lord         17.46    34     13      13      14      13       7       9
Allen      Paladin       3.45    43     18      17      19      10      12       5
Lance      Cavalier     20.00    36     12      13      20       9       7       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight   1.00    34(+7) 15      17      22      19       8       9
Rutger     Swordmaster   1.37    40     15      22      21       7      10       5
Saul       Priest       19.68    29     10      14      16       4       3      14
Lilina     Sage          1.00    27     22      10      16      10       6      13
Astore     Thief        14.41    29      7       9      17      11       8       3
Klain      Sniper        2.61    28     13      14      11      11       8       6
Elphin     Bard          8.52    21      1       3      14      15       4       3
Geese      Pirate       16.75    39     11      11      12      11       9       1
Milady     Wyvern Rider 13.57    33     14      12      11       5      13       3

*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

Edited by Dual Dragons

Take this advice. Deploy Milady on every map. Feed her as much as possible. Promote her ASAP. Give her the impossible tasks, solo missions. Give her your strongest weapons.

She

Is

An

F'ING

GOD

175_zps7svge66m.png

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Sorry. I just love the Wyvern Rider class so much. Since you get them later in the game, I get so excited each and any time (yes, even on repeated playthroughs) I get one.

Except for Luck and Resistance, of course, Milady is looking great. She could do with more Speed since she's not going to be able to double many enemies with a Steel Lance.

I should have an Iron Lance and Javelin in the convoy with her name on it.

Needless to say, YES I'M USING HER.

HAHAHA YES

Piggybacking off what momogeek said, Miledy is utterly and completely awesome and is the greatest thing to ever happen in FE6. Anybody who doesn't use Miledy and isn't doing a challenge run doesn't deserve to play FE6 and should just donate their game away. Also, if you think her base stats here are good, you should see her with HM bonuses (I swear uber!Miledy is the biggest attraction of all of HM. And you get her HM bonuses despite never even seeing her on the map as an enemy because she flies right to you and insta-self-recruits):

38HP/16-17STR/14-15SKL/13SPD/7-8LUK/15-16DEF/4RES.

That's pretty much taking a prepomoted General, slapping on 3 speedwings and 2 secret books, then making it fly, have 7 move, and be level 10 unpromoted.

Okay, Shanna. Since you've somehow been blessed with the Strength and you're Level 20, I think it's time.

325_zpspihy2brn.png

15 STRENGTH ON A LEVEL 1 FALCOKNIGHT

+6 HP is cool too

Your Shanna is so amazing. Incredible dodge-tank stats, as well as respectable strength and non-paper defenses <3. Also, by now, I think you've realized that FE6's promotion bonuses are utterly awesome and blow FE7/FE8's out of the water.

Remember, the upcoming Chapter 14 has a gaiden!

Edited by elf_01

Take this advice. Deploy Milady on every map. Feed her as much as possible. Promote her ASAP. Give her the impossible tasks, solo missions. Give her your strongest weapons.

She

Is

An

F'ING

GOD

Supporting being biased? Oh you <3

@elf_01:

More supporting being biased <3 Pretty much the whole "Flying Knight/General" is the reason I love Wyvern Riders. That and their Speed doesn't suck ass.

Those bases! Really?! But... but you don't even fight her once! WHAT WERE THEY SMOKING? WHATEVER THEY DID, GENIUS.

This Shanna <3 Soooo much better than the alternate one so far (not that I'm training her because the other route but she didn't get Strength out of four levels). And dang, yeah, I was trying to remember the promotion bonuses for FE7 and 8 and I don't ever recall get +6 HP.

Yep! With these promoted people, how can it go wrong? 8) Watch it go horribly wrong, haha.

Scratch the whole alternate run until I get 14x.

*I had victory swiped from me because SOPHIA. Normal reset.

[spoiler=Chapter 14.1 - *Sophia ruins everything*]

2_zpsw3iejryo.png

Why is "desert" not capitalized?

And noooooo Nabata Desert.

Bern is attacking Arcadia.

5_zps03gm25nl.png

They want dragons but they attack dragons? Okay. I guess it'll reveal itself in time.

6_zpsdkime4dd.png

This is not news. Not many people like desert maps because restriction of movement.

Now throw in Fog of War like in FE7's hard mode...

7_zpscgkmcj9k.png

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Okay, where's the person I'm choking?

Is it you, Merlinus?

Hi, Fog of War Nabata Desert! Nice to see you again! Ahahahaha... ha... ha.

No.

Guess what units I'm not likely to use? See you next map, Lance and Jerrot.

And since this is the desert, guess what I'm not likely going to see? Hidden treasure. Unless I get REALLY lucky.

I don't think Thief units moved at full movement in the GBA games... I remember carrying Matthew and Legault around to get the hidden treasures.

8_zpszgyqbtj5.png

Other than bones, there's nothing else but this area I assume is Arcadia.

Two houses, a Vendor, an Armory, and the gate.

I have Chad and Astore fielded temporarily to see enemies.

I don't see any. Except one.

9_zpsx3zjfqof.png

This is going to be fuuuuuuuun.

I'm going to have to whip out the Wyrmslayer and other legendary weapons.

Only Rutger can use the Durandal. And he's weighed down immensely from it.

Fun times!

Picking units and supplying proper inventory...

I thought I had sold off the White, Blue, and Red Gem but I may not have saved previously. I sold them off and a few things cluttering up my convoy.

10_zpsr1cjfuoj.png

All I see is the Manakete but I still have other effective equipment just in case.

Roy has the Wyrmslayer.

Rutger has Durandal.

Elphin is carrying a Hero's Crest, Armands, Restore, and Elysian Whip.

Milady's got a Killer Lance.

Shanna now has an Iron Sword if she wants to build that rank and in case of axe-users.

Lilina has a Heal.

11_zps54ydwgci.png

Allen is here to provide defense to the rear. I don't expect him to get much EXP.

Last save... and we're off!

12_zps9ako3fcq.png

Oh boy

13_zpsm8fb3lig.png

You're... Igrene, right? Hawkeye's daughter.

And that's Fae, who turns into some chicken dragon or something.

Igrene tells Fae to hide but Fae complains she's tired.

18_zpsg53ofvpd.png

Solid reasoning.

19_zpslmeaaix1.png

Funny you should mention her...

Fae reasons that if Bern catches them, they can finally see the outside world.

23_zpsped44wqq.png

They do this often to the holy dragons.

Tiki... this Fae girl... Myrrh...

I guess you could count Dierdre and her mother too for reasons.

Igrene wonders how Bern found out about Arcadia.

27_zps7azn6anl.png

Ominous force?

Fae wonders what Igrene is mumbling about but Igrene says there is no time for that.

31_zpsqyitip3l.png

That a Wyvern Rider on the left?

33_zpslzubpwxh.png

Narcian probably doesn't. He probably wants to take the credit all to himself. Because he's a dumbass asshole.

Zeiss is to go to Aquleia and make a report to Zephiel about there being dragons in Arcadia, including...

37_zps8wirkuts.png

That's what Fae was! A divine dragon.

She still looks like a cross between a chicken and a dragon to me, though.

Roy notes the obvious about the fierce sandstorms. Sophia says that the sandstorms protected the villagers from intruders.

40_zps1piohsr1.png

I would too! And I have to go through it at least two times!

42_zpssatveoub.png

Something wrong?

Sophia just hints about the hidden treasures within the sand.

Turn 1

I see Sophia on the field. She has 15 HP.

46_zpshyhaujeb.png

wat

wat

WOW THOSE ARE SOME BAD STATS

NOT SINCE WENDY

OHHHHH DAMN

Sophia. Um. She's an Est, I'm guessing?

She at least has an advantage on this map. The dragons are one-range and can't move beyond two spaces because of desert. But... my gosh.

Being a female Shaman makes her definitely unique but those bases at this late in the game.

Sorry I cannot. I don't even have a Guiding Ring.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Guiding Ring was here in the map.

Well, since I am likely to not find the treasures OR get the gaiden, I guess I can use this map to mess up, not get the gaiden, and just find all the treasures.

Even if it takes me every single square to find them. Yay?

Astore proves to me that Thief units can't use full movement in this game. I may need to Rescue-Drop when necessary.

Astore moves east. Does he discover new enemies? Nope.

For some reason I didn't realize I had Cecilia.

49_zpsgomyua90.png

I think she has the same bases she did last chapter.

MUCH better Valkyrie than the way Clarine was going--even if her Skill is kind of bad; but, as proven with Lilina, as long as you have a decent support or tomes, you're pretty good in that department.

She's a free Guiding Ring in ranked runs for less the effort. She has C staves and A anima. Not bad, not bad.

She probably won't be a permanent member of my team but, hey, free Aircalibur and Mend as well.

I'm going to have Milady and Shanna scout in different areas. Maybe they will discover something new. We do. It's a Mercenary.

51_zps1dyfbe1g.png

Gonna drop the Mercenary data here.

A few treasures in FE7 were near bones. Does Milady discover treasure around the bones near the dragon? Nope.

I shall Lilina ready to lay the smack down on the dragon.

52_zpsqg1ipbhe.png

Allen will move north, ending Turn 1.

I love Wyvern Riders when I can't see them but they can see me!

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider hits Milady at 43 hit chance. Milady doubles him.

Mages too. Isn't that lovely?

A Mage misses Shanna.

Turn 2

55_zpstzw4pogc.png

Yay enemies that can move in the desert at full range

Milady switches to the Steel Lance and kills the Wyvern Rider. Just enough for a level up!

56_zpsuf34zwh1.png

I need Speeeeeed

Dammit. Since she didn't get Speed, she can't double the Mage. I'm hoping I can get her the dragon kill if I weaken it enough.

In the meantime, Shanna kills the north Mage with her Iron Sword. Got to build up that sword rank, right? Mage hits her in the process.

Saul physics Milady just in case. She's still equipped with the Steel Lance. One heal and Saul caps at Level 20 with no Guiding Ring to use on him. Dang.

Cecilia moves north and...

57_zpsx1n6ilrs.png

Surprise! I found the Boots!

Okay, that's one hidden treasure down, and one of the best ones too.

I would put these on a flier for all the Rescue-Dropping but I'll think on it later.

Klain gets in range of the east Mage. He's not able to double but he should be able to weaken the Mage.

Elphin plays Saul.

I have people move but...

58_zpsfztbpx10.png

He discovers more Mercenaries.

Allen will move to end Turn 2.

Aircalibur Mage misses Shanna! Dastard! That's still 23 damage if it hit!

Thunder Mage and Klain throw bolts at each other.

There's a Sleep Priest here that moved right in front of Shanna. He actually puts Cecilia to sleep. Argh! It's a good thing I brought the Restore staff through Elphin.

Turn 3

60_zpsqmuxapzs.png

I check out the Priest and...

61_zpsxocqq6ww.png

Wha? But I thought this was the Sleep Priest. I guess the Sleep Priest must be somewhere in the shadows.

FOG OF WAR ISN'T FAIR

FIGHT ME LIKE A TRUE WARRIOR

Milady comes back down to finish off the Mage Klain softened up. BIAS is kicking in full force.

Shanna goes after the Aircalibur Mage. Mage hits her back for a lot of damage. Shanna finishes him off but now she will need some healing.

Rutger and Astore do a Rescue-Drop so Elphin can still reach Saul to play. We discover new enemies.

62_zpsl5axme4q.png

This Priest has Silence.

63_zpsabvmntxw.png

Hero here to mess you up if you get in his range and mess with his Mercenary buddies. A Hero I hope to feed to Milady.

Since this is Saul's last level up anyways, I have him top her HP with a Mend. He levels up for the last time until I can find a Guiding Ring.

64_zpstwuiqb6a.png

Meh.

Elphin plays Saul.

Saul takes the Restore staff from Elphin and wakes up Cecilia.

Just in case, I have Cecilia mend Klain.

65_zpsadheo3zb.png

Ending Turn 3 as such.

66_zps93jxmsvt.png

Wait! That's a Bishop! I thought something was off with that Sleep "Priest" before!

Though I still wrote "Priest" because the Priest moved in front of Shanna and the Sleep came almost right after it.

This game cheats!

Anyways, he goes for Sophia, who has a 47 dodge (or Bishop has 53 hit) chance. He misses.

Turn 4

67_zpsbm2joa6z.png

I have you now! Maybe!

68_zpsonvbhqlj.png

He has Lightning, Mend, and a use of Sleep left. Milady could two-round KO this guy with a Javelin but Javelin has bad accuracy and she can't double. Drat.

I have Astore go to weaken the Priest. He hits once. Even with an 82 hit chance. Oi. No new discoveries from this.

I take my chance for Milady to get this kill with a Javelin since Elphin will be in range to play her. She succeeds.

Lilina whips out her Elfire tome and burns the dragon twice down to 2 HP.

Shanna and Rutger do a Rescue-Drop with Lilina.

This is the risky mission. Elphin plays Milady.

69_zpskkrd64qx.png

Go, Milady! I believe in you!

She twirls the lance for a crit-kill. THIS MATCH IS OURS

From 56 EXP to 109 EXP, a level up for Milady comes!

71_zpsit1n3hxn.png

SHE HAS RISEN

72_zpsq1h0iwpc.png

Turn 4 ends with Allen moving north.

Wyvern Rider cries for Milady's blood. He does hit her but she pays back with his death by crit-kill.

A Wyvern Lord comes for the challenge. He misses. Milady hits once.

Javelin Wyvern Rider can't hit Milady.

Sleep Bishop puts Sophia to sleep. No more Sleep staff for him!

Turn 5

74_zpsc5gcdncm.png

I can finally screenshot a Wyvern Rider and Wyvern Lord.

75_zpsjfbuaykd.png76_zpsflodx1mb.png

As much as I want Geese to promote, support to be biased and BIAS say Milady should FEAST.

I actually can't use Lilina on the Wyvern Lord. She outspeeds it. What in the world.

I would like Milady to get the Wyvern Rider kill and then the Wyvern Lord but getting rid of the Wyvern Lord should be my top priority since my weaker units are in the open.

Shanna does two Iron Sword cuts into the Wyvern Lord without taking damage.

Milady's turn. Her Killer powers activate and she crit-kills. And that's a wrap for Level 15.

78_zpsd9mlbchj.png

Yay Strength and Speed

Saul restores Sophia. She's just in range of the Wyvern Rider.

Lilina might as well start building her staff use... I guess. She heals Milady.

Elphin plays for Roy as I'm moving people out of the Wyvern Rider or Mercenary's range. Elphin levels up.

79_zpscghxbt5c.png

Dodgey Bard is good.

80_zpsmmmfehjg.png

Geese has the Hand Axe equipped in case Wyvern Rider goes for him. I'll end Turn 5 with these positions.

Javelin Wyvern Rider hits Milady.

Turn 6

81_zpslk1coyat.png

That Bishop wants to have a word with me. I shall not let him.

I am still enacting bias for Milady. Bias pays off as she crit-kills.

Geese with his Iron Axe has a go with the Priest. But Geese misses one of his attacks!

Klain hits the Mercenary with one of his Iron Bow shots.

Roy takes out the Priest Geese failed to finish.

Lilina heals Milady.

Shanna and Allen Rescue-Drop Milady next to Elphin.

Elphin plays Milady.

Milady won't be able to kill the Mercenary with an Iron Lance. I leave her on the Killer Lance for better accuracy.

83_zpsfvmubjcd.png

I have no shame.

84_zpsr36m4ccu.png

Turn 6 ends

Bishop hits Milady.

Turn 7

85_zps9mcopr46.png

Klain shoots his Iron Bow bolt at the Bishop. Bishop retaliates. Klain is 12 EXP from leveling.

Lilina heals Milady.

Astore moves west to check enemy positions. Nothing too threatening in-range reveals itself.

Milady finishes off the Bishop. 1 EXP from 100!

Shanna and Cecilia Rescue-Drop Astore to the west. Maybe he will discover some rare treasures?

Elphin plays Shanna.

86_zps3kmpywrt.png

Allen will move north.

Something's going on in the south's darkness.

88_zpszmj7hbwx.png

Not more Berserkers!

That's four! Four uses of this same sprite!

89_zpsakjrmyho.png

Maggie and Rose? Ugh. Why, game?

90_zpsvb1efx22.png

I will not let these jokers get near that city. It's a good thing I brought Allen. Shanna could probably bruise them up a bit as well.

Rose doesn't want to get lost in the sandstorm.

Rose asks if they should give up on the village. Maggie says but there are treasures in the village.

98_zpso6dpwujs.png

They're going to follow me. Wonderful. I'll slaughter the two of them.

99_zpsdf08hdtp.png

Axes are shit.

I think you will move at three spaces, right?

Steel Sword Mercenary cuts once into Milady. Milady hits once. She levels up from chip EXP.

100_zpshhbcylbu.png

I hope I get the gaiden.

Turn 8

101_zpsooktqtva.png

Two Berserkers hot on my trail. They're not in sight yet. Wonderful.

If I'm right, though, they will only have three movement; still, that's more than most of my land units. They'll even catch up to Allen.

AStore doesn't discover new treasures going west. Darn.

Klain lodges a Steel Bow bolt into the east Mercenary. 4 EXP from leveling.

Milady and Rutger Rescue-Drop Klain out of range.

Lilina heals Klain.

Elphin plays Cecilia.

102_zpszvcdykuy.png

Hero's in the shadows but he shouldn't be able to reach Milady. He's got a Killing Edge so he's especially trouble.

Shanna will move to Cecilia's west. Still no treasure.

I hear more reinforcements from the south arrive! One Berserker is in sight.

Steel Sword Mercenary hits Milady. Milady retaliates with death.

The other Steel Sword Mercenary unfortunately goes for Rutger and hits. Rutger crit-kills.

Never mind! I miscalculated and Hero could reach Milady. Hero hits Milady and Milady counters.

Turn 9

103_zpsd41j3qpb.png

I must have miscalculated because I didn't see the plain tiles.

I can just spot Rose's group in the south.

105_zps9j7ixqdd.png106_zpspobfogr1.png

If this Devil Axe Berserker crits, I'm done for.

Lots of HP but not Res means Lilina can chip him down to low HP and someone else can finish him off. I don't know if he counts for boss EXP.

107_zpsccxsn24y.png

Brigand data.

AStore moves northwest. Still nothing.

Lilina moves away from Roy so she can chip the Hero to low HP.

Saul heals Milady just in case she misses and Hero crits.

Milady misses the Hero! Hero hits.

I'm not giving up. Shanna and Cecilia Rescue-Drop Milady.

Elphin plays Milady.

Milady attacks the Hero south in case she misses again. She kills and levels up!

108_zpsgvcbea6u.png

More Speed!

109_zps5bmp9xy9.png

Sophia will move to Roy's west, ending Turn 9.

More southern reinforcements! Rose's group is inching closer to Astore.

Steel Sword Mercenary thinks he can hit Milady but doesn't. Milady however crit-kills him wtih just an Iron Lance. Know your place!

Turn 10

111_zpswprvnwat.png

I better find a way to take care of Rose's group. Maggie's group--if he has a group--should be in the shadows somewhere.

Astore moves two spaces north.

112_zpscv436jj9.png

Aha! Bones never lie!--I think!

A Silver Card! So I know where the general area of where the Silver Card and the Boots are. That's good to know. Those are probably two of the best items in the game.

Saul heals Milady.

Lilina heals Rutger.

Shanna, Cecilia, and Allen Rescue-Drop Lilina so Elphin can play her.

113_zpsnavpouqo.png

Klain is on the space southeast of Roy.

I want Milady to stay with the main group in case I need Roy to be Rescue-ferried. She'll move to Saul's south and equip the Javelin.

Hearing more southern reinforcements.

Turn 11

114_zpsrnqzkgtm.png

A long Mercenary to the east.

Better be careful about Maggie if he's in the shadows and has a ranged weapon.

Klain fires a successful shot at the Mercenary. He levels up.

115_zpsq0l2hghc.png

I like Strength but you also need Speed. You rarely have been able to double enemies.

Milady ends the weakened Mercenary.

Astore heads east to see to the big cliff area.

Lilina heals Elphin.

Elphin plays Lilina.

116_zpsl8btzgoc.png

Off-screen north unit is Astore. The other is Shanna.

Saul moves a space south to end this turn.

No more southern reinforcements, it seems. I find Maggie.

Steel Sword Mercenary misses Roy. Roy hits him once.

Killer Axe Brigand has only a 5 hit chance to hit Shanna. It's a no go. Shanna proceeds to kill him.

Shanna dodges a Hand Axe Brigand.

Turn 12 enemy positions

117_zpsa8gf5qfq.png118_zpsgh7uyczt.png

This might be a little rough.

119_zpsbzfj2nom.png120_zpse2xcrov6.png

Maggie apparently knew I was bringing Allen to guard the rear. Even with Iron Sword equipped, Allen has a 27-22 chance of getting hit. At least it's three damage off from WTA.

Milady will be a bit occupied with the Mercenries and Hero.

Astore goes east. He doesn't discover treasure.

Lilina and Shanna will be the perfect team to take down Rose. Lilina burns Rose twice with Fire, bringing him down to 2 HP.

Shanna perfectly kills him.

122_zpspknba95i.png

Rose didn't have a battle quote when you engage him. From 45 to 132, Shanna levels up.

123_zpsahmm47e8.png

Dodgey

Elphin plays Astore.

Astore moves around the cliff. Still nothing.

Rutger has a go with the Hero. Rutger and the Hero trade blows with Rutger hitting twice.

Milady attacks the Hero with the Killer Lance but doesn't crit-kill. Hero hits her for minimal damage.

Klain hits the west Mercenary with his Iron Bow.

Roy moves to the Mercenary's west and kills him. He's 9 EXP from leveling up.

The Hero has a crit chance on Rutger so Saul physics him... except not because I chose the wrong target, physic'ing Milady. WELL.

124_zpsvevzsa1a.png

Off-screen units: north is Lilina and south is Shanna. I'll end my turn as such.

Steel Sword Mercenary and Roy dodge each other.

Armorslayer Mercenary hits Klain.

Hero misses Rutger. Rutger ruins Milady's opportunity by killing him. I'm sad. Rutger levels up as a result.

125_zpslyrscfcj.png

You don't even get a good level up for taking Milady's EXP. Shame on you, Rutger.

Hand Axe Brigand shall always miss Shanna.

Turn 13 enemy positions

126_zpspaazihhe.png127_zps9n1uu9q1.png

Astore moves around the cliff. Nothing.

Lilina softens up Maggie.

Shanna takes 2/2 Berserker kills.

128_zpsyvzzzuml.png

See you guys when you're called Pain and Agony.

Shanna gets another level up from this!

129_zpscpcfmrxr.png

Bleh, Shanna.

Elphin plays Lilina.

Lilina heals Shanna.

Saul moves and uses Torch to see further out. There's a Mage out there. Interesting. He didn't come for me on enemy phase.

I think Cecilia and Allen and guard the rear as Shanna and Astore search around for treasures in the upcoming turns.

Klain hits the north Mercenary.

Geese misses his opportunity even with a Swordreaver. Geese! Geese gets hit.

Fine! I don't want Roy to stop for an enemy so I have Rutger take care of the southern Mercenary with his Steel Sword.

Milady can double the north Mercenary with her Iron Lance. Not like she needs it because she kills in one.

131_zpsbxsehr1t.png132_zpsrits65qc.png

Ending Turn 13 with Sophia stopping to Milady's northwest.

I knew there were eneies lurking in the shadows. A Wyvern Rider and Wyvern Lord pop out.

Hand Axe Brigand still missing Shanna.

Turn 14

133_zpsjasazso2.png

I just want to end this map! Still looking out for treasures, though.

Allen takes care of the Hand Axe Brigand easy.

Shanna rescues Astore and moves to a spot Elphin can play her.

Shanna then goes directly south and drops Astore to the east. There's a whole bunch of Brigands. There's no Swordreavers.

Klain shoots at the Wyvern Lord.

Milady enters combat with the Wyvern Lord. She's able to dodge the Wyvern Lord's Silver Lance. She kills him with two Killer Lance uses. That's another level up for Milady.

135_zpsa6ikfqqw.png

If you could take on the boss, you would probably be Level 20. I'm so proud, my girl.

Rutger clashes with the Wyvern Rider. He hits, dodges the counter, and crit-kills. That was supposed to be Geese's kill...

Geese kills the Mage but sustains damage. Geese levels up.

136_zpsdieyivr5.png

You've gotten more Skill than you have Strength.

Saul heals Geese.

137_zps57jp3mgy.png138_zpshjehsmvl.png

So close to the gate. Let's end Turn 14.

It's time for multiple(?) Brigand slaughter.

Killer Axe Brigand suicides on Shanna.

Steel Axe Brigand suicides on Allen.

Shanna doesn't quite kill the Steel Axe Brigand.

Hand Axe Brigand shall always miss Shanna.

Hand Axe Brigand will nearly always miss Astore.

Another Hand Axe Brigand miss for Shanna.

Turn 15 enemy positions

139_zps2pdccmlo.png

Astore heads south.

140_zps3bhtnkqj.png

Could be useful.

Klain moves backwards until Lilina can use her full movement to heal him.

Saul (still under the effect of Torch) discovers the boss.

141_zpszxocoofj.png142_zpshfsoqdst.png

A Hero named Randy. Light Brand. Mm. Not exactly the best of weapons but it can attack from a distance. Doesn't it always have 10 Might from a distance, no crit chance, and attacks the Resistance stat?

A Level 10 boss is 100 EXP for a Level 1 promoted unit. Lilina from a distance would probably stand the best chance.

But then there's Milady and Milady is now VERY close to promoting. Perhaps I can give her the Brigand kills south, provided that she can kill them all.

Shanna moves north slightly and draws attention from the Brigands onto herself.

Elphin plays Allen and levels up.

143_zpsibmkx9jj.png

Tanky Bard

Allen and Cecilia Rescue-Drop Elphin.

Milady, Rutger, and Geese Rescue-Drop Lilina so she can reach the boss next turn.

Roy visits a house.

144_zpslnebapdi.png

Delphi's Shield? Yes. That was a good item.

If I get that item, who to give it to? It would protect Shanna from bows and Milady from Aircalibur. Hard decision.

145_zps0hvsqluj.png146_zpsc3nxwcf3.png

And I forget that Roy would be the last unit to move. I took these on enemy phase.

Steel Axe Brigand suicides on Shanna.

Wyvern Rider comes out from the shadows and goes for Sophia. WELL

148_zpsxu3fa4ss.png

SERIOUSLY, SOPHIA. DAMN YOU FOR BEING WEAK.

ARGH

And I have a feeling she was needed for the gaiden requirement. FUCK.

I've calmed down by now. I'll try to get the rest of the playthrough soon. I have already thought up a strategy to deal with Sophia.

The next post might just be limited to level ups and new content. Until then...

Reset: 4

*Turn 16 is where this run officially starts.

*The second reset, I didn't get a screenshot of. What basically happened was that I was being surrounded by the Mercenary and Hero group and Klain was out in the open. In that run, Klain didn't get Speed for his level up. The 15 Speed Hero and his lackey would have killed Klain. I put faith that Saul could dodgetank at least one attack. So... yeah. That was totally my fault for that reset.

[spoiler=Chapter 14.2 - *Rise Above, Milady!*]
So how do I deal with Sophia's stupidly weak stats?

1_zpsb6cjjhws.png
NOW STAY OUT OF TROUBLE FOR A LONG WHILE

I do drop her off later but this is so she won't die so early.

So at this point there is a lot of fast-forwarding. I'll be providing the level ups each character got.
Ready? Go!

12_zpsdgna3ovv.png14_zpslz3sprf7.png16_zpstnvtgoaw.png
17_zpsm3kywmwm.png19_zpswqix8tyx.png21_zpsu5cw6z58.png
24_zpsrqbso2ah.png

18_zps2mpzixvt.png22_zpscyvsxlki.png23_zpsb7a8bctd.png

20_zpsdarty9t7.png

13_zpsvd3ihphf.png

15_zpsuwdjalpq.png27_zpshwmgwpe6.png

I miss Milady's old level ups. Dammit, Sophia.
Shanna didn't get Strength but more Speed for a Falcoknight is nice.
Saul's last level up isn't too bad, I would say. Magic is kind of lower--but at least it's still better than Clarine's.
Elphin is Elphin.

Now detailing starting Turn 16.

Turn 16
29_zpsnocnlmko.png30_zpsx8cxsxoj.png

Now it's time for Lilina to head towards the boss.

Rutger attacks the south Wyvern Rider using the Lancreaver. Rutger hits, dodges, and then crit-kills.

31_zpsp7u2mg05.png
Another Manakete. Deal with later.

Geese kills the west Wyvern Rider. He levels up.

32_zpskj7pvsxl.png
Geese why

I want Roy to use all movement. Klain whips out his Silver Bow and kills him.
I move Roy and have him equip the Wyrmslayer in case the Wyvern Rider goes for him.
Milady goes to Klain east and has him equip the Iron Bow and...

33_zpsifngb6fe.png
Bias has paid off!
Her level ups weren't as good as the ones before but let's go!

34_zps8feniox1.png
WELCOME, FLYING GENERAL

35_zpsho1tqfmz.png
Kind of wish her Luck was higher but this will do.
FLYING BLOOD MISTRESS.

36_zpsmpjrxad4.png37_zpsc7m9mtwe.png
Ending Turn 16 as such.

Thunder Mage comes out of hiding and misses Rutger.
Javelin Wyvern Rider hits Roy.

Turn 17
38_zpstfwbbqm4.png39_zpsa2cyapm3.png

Three enemies still haven't been identified. They must be somewhere in the southeast.

Milady takes out the Mage with her Javelin easy.
Allen goes for a Hand Axe Brigand. He hits and dodges before crit-killing.
Elphin plays Sophia for EXP.
Klain shoots a Steel Bow arrow into the Wyvern Rider, leaving it to 1 HP.
Geese takes care of the Wyvern Rider.
Lilina heals Saul and levels up.

40_zps89dupfuy.png
I guess I can take Skill.

Cecilia and Roy Rescue-Drop Lilina two spaces from the boss.

42_zpsz0y0hxzg.png41_zpsqrmdd7lx.png
Let's end Turn 17 like this.

Allen finishes off a Steel Axe Brigand.
Randy has a go with Lilina.

43_zpssobw0fgs.png44_zpsbnupskcr.png
How about no?

45_zpsl5vw51oy.png
What a pitiful guy. Can't even crit. Can't double. Can't hit me for much. Has barely above 50 chance to even hit.
He does hit but Lilina gives him more than double back.

Allen dodges a Hand Axe.
Another dodge of Hand Axe.

Turn 18 enemy positions
46_zpsannmamhf.png

I still am not finding the three enemies. Watch one of them be Aircalibur Mages as I have Shanna scout.

Astore goes east. Nothing.
Saul goes south and uses Torch.

47_zpsoi47w1ko.png
Nothing... just where could they be?

Milady is a Level 1 promoted unit that will get 100 EXP from the boss.

48_zpske0jkmt2.png
I guess it's worth a shot.
Milady kills!

49_zps7ieysb4z.png50_zpsvgvnvh8m.png
I am honorable by power-leveling Milady.
She gets a perfect level up. What does she get?

51_zpspvydqdea.png
I'll be having none of that, Milady.

I want to ensure I have the gaiden. I guess I'm forgoing the items and will show them off in a missing content run.

52_zpsf0ytfu06.png
Might as well show Durandal off. I won't try to use it all the time.

53_zpsdd2uoekc.png
LIGHT TO SLAY WORMS
Dragon is easily felled. Rutger's 20 EXP from leveling.

Allen kills off a Brigand for EXP. He's 12 EXP from leveling.
Elphin plays Sophia for EXP.
Shanna scouts.

54_zpshfhamk4m.png
Here are two of the last three enemies I couldn't find. The other one must be in the southeast corner. Perhaps another Manakete?

Shopping and the last house before seizing.

55_zpssvcrgcy9.png56_zpskzab3zeo.png
Too bad the Silver Card is off with Astore. There are some good tomes here.
I don't have trained Dark user so Nosferatu can wait.
I now have two Aircalibur tomes because of Cecilia.
I guess I can buy another Elfire and a couple of Pure Waters. Eh. I guess another Torch since my Torch staff is starting to run out.
Oh fuck it. Another Restore as well. There has been more statuses in this game.

58_zps20w4rrcj.png59_zpsxgsl6eel.png
I have been trying to look around the bones. I could sacrifice another turn and see if Astore will get something from the bones near him but agh.
I kind of don't want to restart this chapter. Fog of War deserts, I hate them.

60_zpsjasmpina.png
Only Steel equipment from the Armory. Interesting.
I didn't bring Merlinus so I can't check what I have.
I think I had enough Steel Swords. Maybe not so on Steel Lances. Geese's current Steel Axe is pretty untouched because of crap accuracy.
I guess I can spend some cash on 2 Steel Lances and 1 Steel Bow.

Lilina heals Roy. Extra EXP and staff EXP.
Roy seizes.

And I forgot the screens. AGAIN.
Well, I think I'll need to think of something to remind me to get those screens. Dammit.

61_zpsosxsvxid.png
I had to restart. TWICE.
Admittedly, the second one was my fault for expecting Saul to dodge one out of two attacks.
From Mercenaries/Hero, mind you.

62_zpsn2b2brdo.png63_zpsic43uyww.png
No. We can't be late. This was Turn 18!
And so many levels! Milady alone got around eight!

64_zpsjh8zuj31.png65_zpso5lec8ex.png
No! Please don't make me go back through that so soon!

66_zpsfsgrlgsj.png68_zpstvbz9ztr.png69_zpsi6zm1t67.png
I swear. If this is a cutscene to say I didn't get the gaiden...

70_zpst7vqzyap.png71_zpsa2cit7zw.png
I SWEAR MERLINUS WILL BE CHOKED.

72_zpsnrqixi6p.png
Wahoo! That must mean I got the gaiden!

75_zpsvlyeamdp.png
YEAH!

The treasures I was able to get this run were the same: the Boots, the Silver Card, and the Silence staff.
If there's a Chapter 14 map that just has the areas to find the items but not what are in those squares, could someone tell or hand over the link? If not, I'll just have to show the treasures off while knowing what's there.
But with that, Chapter 14x is confirmed!

Roy        Lord         17.81    34     13      13      14      13       7       9
Allen      Paladin       3.88    43     18      17      19      10      12       5
Lance      Cavalier     20.00    36     12      13      20       9       7       2
Shanna     Falcoknight   4.19    36(+7) 15      19      24      20       8       9
Rutger     Swordmaster   1.80    40     15      22      21       7      10       5
Saul       Priest       20.00    29     11      14      16       4       3      15
Lilina     Sage          2.18    27     22      11      16      10       6      14
Astore     Thief        14.58    29      7       9      17      11       8       3
Klain      Sniper        3.38    28     14      15      12      12       8       6
Elphin     Bard         10.33    22      1       3      16      15       4       5
Geese      Pirate       17.39    40     11      11      12      11       9       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord   2.08    44     21      17      18       5      15       6

Reset: 5

*DEATH*

*RESET*

Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary

*LOST*

The Miledy from your first dead run was pretty awesome, but it's pretty clear she's going to be awesome no matter what! Also, you're pretty spot on with your judgment of Cecilia (and Sophia, but anyone can tell that looking at THOSE bases. She's a real joy to use with her 15HP/1Def, with 2AS after being weighted down by Flux >_<. Not like the fact that she's getting doubled is relevant when any enemy OHKO's her...). She's useful by nature of the fact that she a) doesn't need a Guiding Ring, b) comes with decent weapon ranks, and c) Staff on Horse.

Here's a map of the C14 Treasure locations (with what's contained in them crudely MSPainted out, so minimal spoilers for you)

[spoiler=C14 Map]

ZX6IGhh.png

Also, a little warning: one certain treasure is...rather trolly:

[spoiler=Hint about trolliness]

One treasure, which you're going to really enjoy failing to get, can only be gotten by one character :D (at least that character gets that particular one treasure 100% of the time). It's sort of obvious which one, but you'll see :)

Also, now that you've gotten this gaiden. Next chapter with a gaiden is...:

Chapter 16/16x! Good luck :)

Edited by elf_01

The Miledy from your first dead run was pretty awesome, but it's pretty clear she's going to be awesome no matter what! Also, you're pretty spot on with your judgment of Cecilia (and Sophia, but anyone can tell that looking at THOSE bases. She's a real joy to use with her 15HP/1Def, with 2AS after being weighted down by Flux >_<. Not like the fact that she's getting doubled is relevant when any enemy OHKO's her...). She's useful by nature of the fact that she a) doesn't need a Guiding Ring, b) comes with decent weapon ranks, and c) Staff on Horse.

Here's a map of the C14 Treasure locations (with what's contained in them crudely MSPainted out, so minimal spoilers for you)

[spoiler=C14 Map]

ZX6IGhh.png

Also, a little warning: one certain treasure is...rather trolly:

[spoiler=Hint about trolliness]

One treasure, which you're going to really enjoy failing to get, can only be gotten by one character :D (at least that character gets that particular one treasure 100% of the time). It's sort of obvious which one, but you'll see :)

Also, now that you've gotten this gaiden. Next chapter with a gaiden is...:

Chapter 16/16x! Good luck :)

I don't mind training Ests every once in a while but they got to give me something to work with. Introducing Sophia in a Fog of War desert chapter with her low, low bases is just terrible.

Thanks for the map and hint!

These gaiden requirement chapters are really close together. Very strange.

How much FE gold does anyone want to bet that Dual Dragons gets at least one reset for the Gaiden on ch 16?

Insanity is anticipated.

This missing content part is really short so I'll start on 14x if I have everything here.

[spoiler=Missing Content 2 - *Sophia please*]

I never knew about the exploit to 100% pick up desert items with any unit. I tested it in three runs.

It's not like I'm keeping them. I'm forcing myself not to in "spirit" of a blind run.

To the southwest of where Roy's army is deployed:

1_zpselscidmj.png

A Speedwings! Aw man. I could have given that to Milady or Lilina.

Towards the west of where we start:

2_zps1pdl6nwm.png

Wow. The desert items in this game are really good so far. At least compared to FE9's desert items...

Here, I reset.

Now I went with a strategy where Shanna, Lilina, and Sophia headed towards the northeast via going east along the south portion of the map and then going north.

This was risky to do. First I had Shanna carry Sophia. Shanna almost died to a Wyvern Rider/Lord group. Saul had to patch her up from a distance.

Even when Sophia was dropped off, that was bad. Sophia was getting doubled by Mages with small crit chances! Her WTA didn't help as it should.

In the southeast area:

4_zpshh0t4uqb.png

Dang! I hope there isn't a Secret Shop needing the Warp staff.

Most likely there is.

At least this can get rectified in my Alternate run.

During my rushing of the second run, I missed over this one that can be gotten just going slightly north from the Warp staff:

8_zps7uoly0cg.png9_zpsbrarint7.png

I would maybe consider this one the worst of the desert items. That hit rate is pretty bad (though on par of the Hand Axe). Nice Might but pretty bad Weight.

I guess it's free money for ranking--but I could see myself easily overlooking this to shave turns.

...then again, that was before I knew the 100% pick-up exploit with any unit.

Eh.

Back on the second run, Lilina almost died to the Manakete nearest the seize point. She hung on to 1 HP. Mind you, I didn't bring Saul and no one had Vulneraries.

Not like it mattered if she died because I'm not keeping this run.

So with the hint and Sophia being introduced this map, this is why I brought Sophia with Shanna and Lilina. I had a feeling the item near the seize gate (near Arcadia) had something to do with Sophia.

5_zpsw3hv8asr.png

Right I was, but what did she get?

6_zpsqopiuo0z.png

There's three rings it can be without Ninian's rings: the Energy Ring, the Body Ring, and the Guiding Ring. She's a magic user.

They didn't

THEY DIDN'T

7_zpsjofdp3ds.png

THAT COULD HAVE BEEN SAUL'S

SOPHIA YOU

AAAAAAGH!

The desert item areas has such big areas! Big areas for pretty good items!

But that last one... Sophia why. ;-;

How much FE gold does anyone want to bet that Dual Dragons gets at least one reset for the Gaiden on ch 16?

I'll bet you another insanely difficult FE6 challenge run LP (no promises about when I'll actually have time to deliver if it comes to that, though :D) that Dual Dragons gets C16x first try. I believe!

@Dual Dragons: Yeah. When I saw you miss that guiding ring in your first run, I felt pretty bad :( Poor Saul indeed, although at least he's the only other Magic user you're really using right now. Some of the promotion items have really stiff competition in this game.

Edited by elf_01

Miledyyyyyyyyyy

Gonna realize her true destinyyyyyyyyy

Sophia is stupiiiiiiiid

I even bothered to train her and she suuuuuuuuuucka

Rip Guiding riiiiiiiiing

biasbiasbias

Oh dang. She's really not worth it, huh? That's a darn shame.

rip Guiding Ring ;-; Hopefully another one comes up. Saul needs it so badly now.

I'll bet you another insanely difficult FE6 challenge run LP (no promises about when I'll actually have time to deliver if it comes to that, though :D) that Dual Dragons gets C16x first try. I believe!

@Dual Dragons: Yeah. When I saw you miss that guiding ring in your first run, I felt pretty bad :( Poor Saul indeed, although at least he's the only other Magic user you're really using right now. Some of the promotion items have really stiff competition in this game.

Thanks for believing in me! 8')

In hindsight, it was good to drop Clarine. I forget from time to time that even if I try my hardest, because this is blind, I'm still going to be missing things. I just hope for a guaranteed Guiding Ring, else all the effort put into Saul will be wasted, haha.

*This first part ends before Turn 8

The temple door to a legendary tome has been opened to us! Sophia senses that the weapon is still in its proper place, but Bern is on the move to get the legendary weapon...

[spoiler=Chapter 14x-1 - *Big Cracks of Bolting*]

1_zpshpym3wps.png

After this, that's three out of the eight legendary weapons.

3_zpsdb40vxxk.png4_zpsgs2zwhit.png

New Wyvern Lord Milady will slaughter them all!

She who worked for Bern now kills Berns. Mwahaha.

5_zpsmy5gkibe.png

Welcome to Night of Farewells!

Water maps!

Geese won't get much benefits from being in the lake terrain but 10 Avoid is better than no Avoid, I suppose.

Nothing sticks out from this map in terms of buildings or chests as there are no buildings or chests. The seize point is in the center.

But first, enemy data.

6_zpsyl2sklsk.png7_zpshi3j3eey.png8_zpsscar2yk6.png

9_zpsqwmas1zb.png10_zpsvymo13uh.png11_zpsblv2xsdr.png

17_zpsyouxksgn.png

Though there is a variety, there are more Pirates. There's also a single Berserker. Them and the Wyvern Riders can cross the waters.

Single Berserker with Devil Axe and two Druids, one with Eclipse and one with Nosferatu. One has Physic and one has Mend.

Since there are no forts, where will the reinforcements come?

But we now have a new enemy type to face.

16_zpshagluheo.png12_zpsyvfo2zsp.png13_zps8epcpvpm.png

This single Sage is packing stats and equips. He's got a Bolting, Elfire, and Physic. I'll assume he moves.

Might be hairy with my low-Res units but perhaps Milady and Shanna shall prove why they are masters of staining the waters red.

10 Weight on Bolting. This guy takes -3 AS. That's how low weight tomes are in this game.

14_zpse9lm2qhj.png15_zpsyeipesta.png

This is Oates, our boss. First thing I do is laugh. I know who I'm feeding Oates to... I'm terrible

Anyways, another Bolting Sage with Elfire. Another 10 promoted boss is another 100 EXP to Level 1 promoted units.

He'll have full AS with Elfire and three less AS with Bolting. I would suppose this is incentive to finish the map earlier so his 15 Speed becomes 12 Speed.

There's Archers on the center land but only like two. It actually can be doable... though Roy would probably have to stay away until everything is cleared.

Limited down to nine free deployment slots. So...

18_zpsppek3ytz.png

Replenished everone's inventory. Milady now has an Iron Sword with half uses. She hasn't reached S rank lances yet.

I don't see any enemies with status staves. I'm still leaving Restore on Saul just in case of reinforcements with status staves.

I'm hoping to get Geese to promotion this map so he may need to be in front and taking some abuse.

I still got Barrier uses. Elphin's carrying the Silence staff.

Milady's now got the barely-used Gant's Lance for all the fun.

19_zpskraqtoxz.png

Shanna can just reach the center land without being in range of Archers.

Something is planned for Elphin and Milady.

Time to get the next legendary weapon!

20_zps3duatgph.png

What is the truth?

21_zpsyzwb5dzw.png22_zpsbplcpinr.png23_zpsgrugyicf.png

The door has choked this point. Bern's troops can't get the weapon.

25_zpsons3efge.png

So if I didn't get the gaiden, they would have gotten it.

It would have been cool (and scary) to see the enemy use the legendary tome if I didn't get the gaiden.

If this does happen in the game, they planned for everything.

27_zpszn2fffqb.png

Assuming they'll win lol

I got Milady and Shanna.

28_zps3pfbdbke.png

Wasn't there another map that under the desert in FE7 as well?

I could imagine FE7 was this map but now with water.

31_zpsoxgs8add.png

So what happened in FE7 when there wasn't this water?

33_zpsnyg7zk45.png34_zpsjfx8dirq.png

The last unit you get in FE7... and conveniently dies in so we can't have him in FE6.

36_zps5ftov8dl.png37_zpsbf12nqy8.png

Don't forget Nergal.

38_zps1pamhcqc.png39_zpswcyyj3dc.png40_zpsefbmxwc2.png

Forblaze, was it? Unfortunate how only he could wield it in FE7. I would have loved to see Priscilla use Forblaze.

41_zpsganz4ery.png43_zpssmk16xtk.png

I like how Roy asks for permission to use the legendary weapon. Would Sophia say no and then Roy just gives up on saving Lycia because she said so?

44_zpstfkxhknz.png

It is Night of Farewells all over again! Save me!

It's a good thing I'm trying to promote Geese and Shanna and Milady are already promoted.

Turn 1 enemy positions

45_zpsrxhexul0.png

First thing's first:

46_zps3anpnd5c.png

Here I've highlighted the Sage's Bolting range. The cursor indicates the boss' max range going west.

Saul barriers Milady before she uses all her movement towards the center land.

Elphin plays Milady.

To avoid arrows, Shanna and Milady have to be on the water. Milady goes for the Berserker with her Javelin. She hits once.

Shanna has Milady equip the Iron Sword and waits next to her.

47_zpsdxyn2oae.png

Allen will move to Elphin's west, ending the first turn.

Boss takes the Milady bait.

48_zps6f3zsvnm.png

He went for Milady because of crit chance, I'm assuming. He does hit.

Poison Axe Pirate dies on Milady.

Another Poison Axe Pirate dies on Milady.

Berserker misses Milady. Thanks to weakening him earlier, Milady kills him too. She's already 5 EXP from leveling.

Hand Axe Pirate misses Milady.

Hand Axe Pirate misses Shanna.

50_zpsfefi1lbx.png

This small pathway gives way after the enemies stop moving.

Turn 2 enemy positions

51_zpsjjw7ecuh.png

Okay. Should have checked for the boss' crit chance and hit rate. Milady survived though. Even with Barrier, she would have died to a crit so that's not good.

Wonder why the Sage didn't use Bolting. That, I wasn't expecting.

Milady moves out of the boss' range and equips the Javelin for the oncoming Wyvern Riders.

Shanna takes out the Priest. Maybe the Sage will attack her here?

Elphin plays Saul.

52_zpsoraepwva.png

Turn 2 ends as such.

Oates misses bolting Shanna.

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider goes for Milady. No such luck for him. Milady whittles him down to 1 HP.

53_zps4lrkv921.png

Beautiful. Also, one Luck increase for now a 2 crit chance from Oates.

That Sage physics the Wyvern Rider. He doesn't heal fully.

55_zpson6wmxrw.png

This path went away after the enemies were done. They're trying to bottleneck me!

Turn 3

54_zpsg7mfrnhi.png

Klain misses a 94 hit with the south Brigand. What even is...

Geese kills off the east Pirate that he is able to double.

Saul physics Geese.

Milady equips the Gant's Lance and ends the closest Wyvern Rider's existence.

Elphin plays Allen for EXP.

Shanna can't kill the Archers with her Iron Sword so I move her out of their range. The other Wyvern Rider only has an Axereaver so Shanna's safe from his assault.

Let's end Turn 3 with these arrangements:

56_zpsuokqk5xb.png

Oates misses bolting Klain.

Geese dodges a Poison Axe and counters.

Axereaver Wyvern Rider hits Milady with a 42 chance. Milady kills him in retaliation.

Shanna dodges three Hand Axes in a row.

Now that all squares to attack indirectly are occupied, one Steel Axe/Hand Axe Pirate is forced to attack directly. He misses and dies.

Physic Druid heals Pirate. HEY.

57_zpsaitu4lh7.png58_zpsd60bbj0k.png

These paths are gone now.

Turn 4

59_zpssumdfkmb.png

That Sage must prioritize healing. He didn't go for my main units.

Klain hits this time.

Geese finishes off the Pirate and levels up.

60_zpsqzswwzdh.png

Good job, Geese!

Milady gets rid of the east Pirate.

Shanna rescues Milady and stays on the water.

Roy moves in range of the Mercenary and Archer to protect Geese.

Lilina heals Geese and provides support bonus to Roy.

Allen takes and drops Milady onto the water and moves away.

Elphin plays Shanna.

Saul heals Milady to nearly full health.

61_zpsxnfovpwy.png

Shanna will kill off the northwestern Pirate from his west, ending this turn.

Oates hits Klain. Klain is reduced to 5 HP. Ouch.

Steel Sword Mercenary and Roy trade cuts.

Steel Bow Archer hits Roy.

Shanna dodges two Hand Axes in a row.

Sage hits Lilina with bolting. I guess Sage really doesn't move! He should have gone for Klain!

62_zpsicweemsi.png64_zpsae2meegb.png

More chunks of the map are disappearing.

Turn 5

65_zpsx2ouedvq.png

Oates' Bolting is down to one use. He better make it count.

Lilina kills off the Mercenary. I want Roy to use all movement south.

Geese ends the Archer.

Saul heals Lilina.

Milady slaughters the southwest Pirate.

Same Rescue-Drop team of Shanna and Allen to bring Milady out of Bolting danger.

Elphin plays Shanna.

66_zpsyrubowo1.png

Roy's off-screen. He's two spaces south of Klain.

I think Shann will fly south. There's a plan I want to see will work for Geese.

Oates uses his last Bolting on Allen. He hits for 24 damage.

With no target in sight, the north Pirates are starting to head west across the lake.

Hand Axe Pirate misses Roy.

Eclipse Druid has no chance to hit Roy.

Bolting Sage misses Lilina.

67_zpsxbez8z6u.png68_zps7sivfokl.png

Well that's not cool. Now Saul, Elphin, and Allen are stuck until I rescue them.

Turn 6

70_zpsvycgvmfk.png

I already had Lilina heal Roy. The closest Druid is the Nosferatu one.

Klain rescues Lilina. Roy needs to not have support bonuses.

Roy softens up the Pirate. He levels up after so long.

71_zpsqedianqj.png

What are you doing, Roy? I thought you weren't that great. Still with the Res?

Do you guys want to know something? Roy now has the third highest Res in the team.

And he started with 0 Res. Like what in the world.

Either I'm lucky with Roy's Res or he actually has a decent-good Res growth.

Geese throws his Hand Axe at the Pirate and kills him.

Rutger takes and drops Lilina.

Saul heals Allen.

Shanna rescues Allen and moves next to Elphin.

Elphin plays Shanna.

Shanna drops Allen to the free space south.

72_zpssjzzv2nm.png

Elphin is off-screen. He's two spaces north of Saul.

Milady will take out the Pirate seen on this screenshot from the west, ending Turn 6. She even does a crit-kill in celebration.

Poison Axe Pirate misses Milady and dies.

Hand Axe Pirate misses Milady.

Eclipse Druid always missing Roy.

Nosferatu Druid misses Roy.

Bolting Sage doesn't get Milady.

73_zpskacswd98.png74_zps8egrncxg.png

Now the pathway is missing.

In the right screenshot, the land east of the Mercenary and Archers was reestablished.

Turn 7

76_zpso1kpombj.png

77_zpsfwvtuwer.png

Hey you! How about I'm done with your nonsense!

78_zpskqj0sdli.png

Rats!

She hits once.

Shanna goes to weaken the Nosferatu Druid. She doesn't get hit.

Geese goes for the kill and is successful! Another level up for Geese.

79_zps7galnbvp.png

So close! Though his promotion item is with Elphin... who's stuck in the water. Boo.

Roy blocks the Mercenary from attacking Geese. He won't attack just in case the Mercenary hits on counter.

80_zpsnkrjaz2k.png

I can't do much until the path reestablishes itself or I rescue. Ending Turn 7.

Steel Sword Mercenary and Roy cut each other.

Instead of going for my helpless Saul and Elphin, the Pirate is heading towards Milady. Strange.

Steel Bow Archer goes for Shanna and misses.

Physic Druid heals Sage.

But that Sage switches to Elfire and burns some Milady. Milady makes sure he doesn't do that again by killing him. That's a level for her!

81_zpsjmmut9pr.png

I love my Wyvern Riders~

And now her lance rank is S!

82_zps4ulyxxyz.png83_zps8spkeq6q.png85_zps99ve10tn.png

Establishing and taking away.

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 14x-2 - *Geese gets buff*]
Turn 8
86_zpsppv60cns.png

With those Archers around, I have to be careful.

Geese kills off the Archer.
Milady picks up her Iron Sword and ends the Pirate.
Elphin plays Saul for EXP. Elphin gains a new level.

87_zpsfvzwca7j.png
Yes, yes, Elphin.

Shanna punches it north but not all the way. I'm planning to do a Rescue-Drop to the land south.

88_zpsnltzacux.png
The two units on the land north, north unit is Saul and the other is Elphin.
On the center land is Milady.
Can't do much else but end Turn 8.

Steel Sword Mercenary misses Roy. Roy retaliates.
Lonbow Archer misses Roy.
Physic Druid physics Mercenary to full health. That took me two turns to do that damage!

89_zpsbmfqh5yb.png
I realize I could have shown off the missing land with this map.
More land was taken away than established. At least the starting paths are coming back.

Turn 9
90_zpsuu7pw0dm.png

Now those Mercenaries can't do much until the path gets established. Ha!

Change of plans. Shanna softens up the Mercenary with her thrown Javelins.
Roy moves onto the land.
Geese whips out his Swordreaver--and misses the Mercenary! Mercenary misses too. Geese!

Geese should get his level up if he eats the two Mercenaries and the Archer near him. Good.

Milady kills off the west Archer. Even if the other one hits, she should be able to survive it.
Elphin plays Saul for EXP.

91_zpstdazwuck.png
Kind of worried about reinforcements.
Then again... the last two gaidens didn't have reinforcements. Maybe this one won't as well?

The weakened Mercenary misses Geese. Geese kills him off. Good! I didn't want that Mercenary to get healed up.
Steel Bow Archer misses Milady.
Longbow Archer hits Geese.
Eclipse Druid, you'll never hit Roy. Sad thing is, that's all he's got other than Physic. He's free EXP to anyone who wants it after his Eclipse is gone.

92_zpsalayh8yq.png
Pathways!

Turn 10
93_zps1kdxyylp.png

Just gotta keep calm.

Shanna softens up the Archer from the south.
Geese kills the Archer with his Iron Axe. 22 EXP from Level 20!
Roy has Geese switch to the Swordreaver and waits.
Elphin plays Saul.
Allen and Klain Rescue-Drops Elphin.
Lilina heals Klain.

94_zpsgraeliuu.png
Milady will move to the space two paces north of Geese.

Lancereaver Mercenary hits Roy. Roy misses.
Eclipse Druid will always miss Elphin.

95_zps5oj1bfpi.png
Here's the passages.

Turn 11
96_zpsnafijjmp.png

East enemies are unpromoted. I think I'll just end the map soon.

Lilina heals Roy.
Elphin plays Lilina.
Lilina heals Roy.
Klain lodges an Iron Bow bolt into the Mercenary.
Shanna and Milady Rescue-Drop Roy near the Druid.
Geese and the Mercenary have at each other.
Saul heals Geese just in case. The Lancereaver Mercenary has a 1 crit chance.

97_zpsh0awu4j4.png
Ending turn results

Lancereaver Mercenary hits Geese but Geese kills him in retaliation. Geese's last unpromoted level up!

98_zpsl9wyqur0.png
Acceptable.

Wyvern Rider is on the move.
Eclipse Druid still tries to hit Elphin. Now he's out of Eclipse.

99_zpsoflbxfda.png
Change of map.

Turn 12
100_zpshz0mqitl.png

I think we can test drive Berserker Geese on that incoming Wyvern Rider.

Lilina heals Geese.
Klain chips the Druid for EXP.
Roy kills the Druid. He's now 21 EXP from leveling. The Archer north can satisfy for a new level up.
Shanna and Milady Rescue-Drop Roy onto the north land.
Geese trades his Swordreaver for the Hero's Crest from Elphin...

102_zps7u5nrvum.png
It's time!

103_zps7sac175h.png
So many muscles

104_zpssubodb1f.png
I might even give him the Secret Book for inaccurate axes... I don't know.
But he's looking okay. I never really used Berserkers.

Allen rescues Geese and moves to a spot Elphin can get him.
Elphin plays Allen.
Allen drops Geese in range of the Javelin Wyvern Rider.

105_zpsbqzwrtb8.png
I'm ready.

Steel Bow Archer misses Roy.

106_zpshomdomc0.png
So beefy
Wyvern Rider misses. Geese doesn't activate the crit. I'm sad.

107_zpsopkxe64q.png
New layout

Turn 13
108_zpsr194zbgk.png

Roy equips the Steel Sword and kills the Archer. Level up!

109_zpsmcegqs86.png
Roy whoa

Geese goes for the Wyvern Rider with Iron Axe in hand. Still no crit but gets the job done.
Lilina heals Allen.
After Rutger moves towards the boss, Shanna and Milady do a Rescue-Drop so Rutger is across the lake.
Elphin plays Lilina so she can heal Geese. Gotta get that staff rank up... I guess.

Turn 13 ends as such:
110_zpsfq3admyy.png

111_zps9nwlrvrv.png
Nothing happens so passages screenshot

Turn 14

No screenshot for we'll take care of the boss. Roy may not be able to reach the throne.

Shanna encounters Oates. She hits twice without damage. She's 12 EXP from leveling. I guess I can wait another turn so she can get a level up from chip EXP.
I still plan for Rutger to get the boss kill for 100 EXP.
Elphin plays for EXP.

On enemy phase, Shanna misses one of her attacks but manages to dodge Oates' attack. She levels up.

112_zps1dj23gxn.png
Curses, Shanna. But she can wield D swords now. Yay?

113_zpsmsvjs48e.png
New layout

Turn 15

114_zpswroedrua.png
Killing Edge because boss has a crit chance that could cost me this map. A full Barrier effect would have saved Rutger from a crit.
Rutger misses! But Oates doesn't crit. Rutger misses again! RUTGER!

Fine! Now I got to waste ANOTHER turn for this. Thanks, Rutger!
Milady and Geese Rescue-Drop Rutger south.
Elphin has to play for Lilina since Lilina stood on the spot Rutger would get dropped at.
Lilina heals Rutger.
Saul will make his way over to Barrier Rutger.
I move Shanna away from the boss.

115_zpsywsxvwqz.png
Layout change

Turn 16

Saul barriers Rutger.
Milady and Shanna Rescue-Drop Rutger next to the boss.
Elphin plays Saul for EXP.

On enemy phase, Oates hits Rutger. RUTGER MISSES TWICE. WHAT THE HECK IS EVEN GOING ON.

116_zps5emxlgvm.png
Still more changes to the map

Turn 17

I swear!

Shanna hits Oates once.

117_zpsbucmflox.png
If Oates crits I swear

118_zpsu8d0jcdv.png
GET OUT

119_zpsptrcuw6o.png
Take your crit and leave!

Perfect level up for Rutger.

120_zps0d3ga8pj.png
Excellent

I can wait another turn to give Lilina EXP and staff EXP.
Milady rescues and heads south.
Elphin plays for EXP.

121_zpsiqq9sxcn.png
Last layout change

So on Turn 18, Milady drops off Rutger so Lilina can heal him.
Elphin plays Lilina for a level up.

122_zpsohys6ch5.png
And for more EXP and staff EXP for Lilina, I see.

SEIZING

124_zpscct3fvzv.png
Bern couldn't open the altar either. How must we open this?

125_zpslw9r39gn.png
Alright, Sophia. Show us to the weapon.

127_zpsvrrkwks3.png
The Infernal Truth. Oh. Forblaze was called the Infernal Truth? I didn't recall that at all.

128_zpsffcqgomp.png
Excuse me, old man. We were just fighting outside. Did you not hear all that racket?

129_zpshbk3j598.png132_zpspprmareq.png
You better respect.

133_zpsyopebcmn.png134_zpsk0c6qbll.png135_zpsozaxlikz.png
You can be not a dragon anymore?

136_zpsbw4plnih.png
So he can't transform into a dragon but Fae can?

138_zps2bs2t3h0.png
You don't even know, Roy. All the transforming dragons are little girls for some reason.

140_zpsx43fnydu.png
Yeah. Would you happen to know why that is, elder?

142_zpsisqwnpks.png143_zpsfzzcjksf.png
Huh. Maybe it's because of that shaman-like lady with Zephiel.

144_zpsl0builn2.png
Hi, Igrene.

145_zpsdvicetal.png
Ah, yes. Perhaps so. Maybe the dragons are being mind-controlled?

147_zpsf6qv5owz.png148_zpsh9pvxadt.png149_zpsns1ldzfe.png
Listen Roy
Roy listen
You yourself are like a quarter-dragon. How about that!

150_zpswfgrzda0.png
I think something's off from that shaman girl in Zephiel's care.

153_zps0bzhy7el.png
Gladly, Igrene. I'll take more units and their equipment.

154_zpsvfrif6za.png
Dragons in Fire Emblem never seem to want to involve themselves beyond their tiny sphere.

156_zpsbcncy7os.png
Sure.

157_zpsx7wpmwxb.png158_zpsibzqwky2.png
Oh... a bow-user. Nomad Trooper or Sniper? Interesting. But I'm already using Klain.

159_zpsnbj31rx2.png161_zpshsjlxgco.png
Always treating the kid dragon as though they should never have fun.

162_zpsmqwbxjhx.png
Alright.

163_zps5edtyb0u.png
I don't sense anything bad to come out of this. What could possibly go wrong?

164_zpspiqopogp.png
Athos' signature weapon: Forblaze!

165_zps1xzalz5i.png
The Luck boost would have been better on someone like Rutger but, eh, Lilina can use this. I think she can even use this right now.
Only slightly lowers her AS. Not bad.

Forblaze is in our possession. Igrene is joining us, lending us her bow. Geese is ready to be crit-happy.
But Fae is following us. Will she be in danger because of this?

Roy        Lord         19.10    34     15      15      16      15       7       10
Allen      Paladin       3.89    43     18      17      19      10      12       5
Shanna     Falcoknight   5.12    36(+7) 15      19      25      20       8       9
Rutger     Swordmaster   2.82    41     16      23      22       7      10       5
Saul       Priest       20.00    29     11      14      16       4       3      15
Lilina     Sage          2.85    27     22      11      16      10       6      14
Astore     Thief        14.58    29      7       9      17      11       8       3
Klain      Sniper        3.67    28     14      15      12      12       8       6
Elphin     Bard         12.05    23      1       3      17      17       4       5
Geese      Berserker     1.26    48     17      17      14      11      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord   4.22    45     23      19      19       6      15       6

Reset: 5

*DEATH*

*RESET*

Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary

*LOST*

Oh dang. She's really not worth it, huh? That's a darn shame.

Sophia...can be worth it with sufficient favoritism (see Sophia in my Sig, who ate 9 stat boosters and proceeded to roll the entire game, although it could probably be argued that most characters with that ridiculous amount of investment could turn into an absolute monster...), although she's not quite as big of an Est as, say, Nino.

I love how Miledy joined, and within 2 chapters, has become by far your most capable combat unit (she does tend to turn out that way :D). She's honestly the greatest thing about FE6...

You were pretty spot on about Roy, by the way. He's supposed to be mediocre and with poor Res, but your Roy is...possibly the best Roy I've ever seen :D