Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

All these responses of not hiring him at full price, haha. I restarted and got to Turn 5 by the time the responses came in and now I can't really reset for reasons. X'D

What a waste of money. Your not exactly swimming in it like in FE7.

Save it for the better weapons. Low Guilding Rings makes him not worth it unless Lilina and Lugh died. But...steal his Member Card if you don't want to bother with him.

Even his minimum is not worth it if you are not using him. *Sigh* Sometimes you have to settle these matters with Steel. But...if some people are pacifists...go ahead and hire him.

----

@DD

Hint for you..you won't get penalized if Hugh dies.

I see. If I play FE6 again on NM or HM, I'll keep that in mind.

I wouldn't say I'm a pacifist but I like to get all the characters--even the ones I absolutely loathe. There's been rare cases where I didn't recruit everyone, like when I was completing the support list in FE9/10 I gladly killed off Shinon, I hate that guy

But from what a lot of people are saying, he's not worth bothering except to steal the Member Card. So there wouldn't be a penalty even in ranked play? Same with Cath?

Rip

Just hire him for minimum if you don't want to kill Hugh, he sucks anyways :/

Also.. remember.. murder is not always the best choice if things do not work as you think..?

Oh my god if you don't get this gaiden I am going to attack you

Please don't attack me. ;~; I am the noob of FE6!

Time to reattempt this, now with less Hugh-dying and more finishing!

[spoiler=Chapter 16.2 - *Douglas on the Brink of Death*]
Okay so base 10K Hugh is unlucky and can get killed by the magic users behind him. I'll make note of that.
The RNG changed because I think I had a different formation when I remembered to have Shanna equip the Iron Sword in Turn 1. There's some new levels up and I got Fae another one when I gave her that other Mage.
There's going to be a bit of fast-forwarding to highlights of the chapter to get this in a single post. :)

1_zpspngu7rmb.png2_zpskvkxgfmy.png3_zps1bfh4xdc.png4_zps0y62phts.png
Fae's doing better this time. Milady didn't get Strength but, hey, Defense! A tankier Wyvern Rider/Lord is a good thing.

6_zpsw5sklpvw.png
I did the same kind of actions in last run's Turn 5. Now Hugh's out of range and Milady had to get healed this time.
I was able to pull off some more Rescue-ferrying in Elphin's group. Shanna was given a Door Key. I realized that Fae actually has something called a Res stat and probably won't be targeted by the Purge Bishop. I was worried before that he would target her and have her waste her Dragonstone.
I can't do any more actions this time so ending Turn 5.

I didn't expect the Knight near the door to move. He goes for Shanna with his Javelin but Shanna also happened to have her Javelin on hand. He misses and she hits twice.
Aircalibur Mage misses Igrene. Igrene kills him in two Iron Bow bolts.
Purge Bishop doesn't smite Elphin.
Physic Bishop heals the Knight to full HP. Curses! I was going to give Fae that kill.

Turn 6 is level ups and clearing out the east pathway a little. So here's the level ups for Turn 6 and I'll fast-forward to Turn 7.

8_zpso7dbj9nu.png
So close to a perfect!

11_zpsg163ogws.png
Her Strength growth is starting to stagnate a little. I wonder if investing an Energy Ring on her would do her nice.

Turn 7
12_zpsecshjcyx.png13_zps9ctddh5w.png

Okay. Douglas is going to be a pain to handle. 34 Strength is not something to mess with.
I do have some plan forming, though. We need Elphin to go recruit him, I'm guessing, but to draw attention away from the other group, I think Milady is going to have to take Roy and fly out, distracting Douglas and drawing him towards Elphin's group. This is kind of risky because even without carrying someone, Douglas has 31 hit against an Iron Sword Milady.
And she's going to have to tank the Knights, but I trust her!
The Purge Bishop is on his last Purge use. Once that goes away, Merlinus can start moving towards the chests.

Astore unlocks the door.
Allen attacks the Paladin from his east using the Iron Axe so he doesn't get targeted by the Bishop or Mage. shows he's the better Paladin by crit-killing his enemy. He's 6 EXP from leveling.
Saul physics Elphin.
Shanna softens up the Steel Sword Mercenary with her Iron Sword. Mercenary doesn't get a hit on her.
Elphin plays Fae out of magic fire.
Fae kills the Mercenary. That's another level for her!

14_zpsethhm6ff.png
These levels! Only because dragons tend to have absurd growths to compensate for meh bases.

Lance equips a Javelin. He can use his full movement and probably won't get targeted by the Bishop.

Milady's at near full health. I can't risk Lilina healing. No matter how I try to Rescue-chain, there's just not enough people to keep everyone safe.

Roy moves next to Milady. Milady rescues Roy and moves southward but still in range of Douglas. Her Iron Sword is equipped. Hopefully nothing bad will happen.
Lilina levels up by killing the dragon.

15_zpsega3ijzr.png
So much Magic on a Level 4 Sage!

16_zpsjfestm91.png17_zpskq7ny4ac.png
Please don't be unlucky this Enemy Phase, Milady.

Horseslayer Knight hits Milady. Milady is just short of killing him.
Douglas goes for Milady!

18_zpse529xjim.png
OH JEEZ
Thankfully she dodged that! She's too slow to double but that's okay.

Javelin Knight misses Milady.
Dammit! The Mage went for Fae despite having no Attack on her. That's a waste of a Dragonstone :/

19_zpstmyc58d6.png
... I have no words for that dodge animation.

Purge Bishop switches to healing the Knight. Sure.
Another waste of a Dragonstone as the Physic Bishop attacks her with no Attack. At least he's in range now.

Turn 8
20_zps5ckdrjpj.png21_zpslrkqzpms.png

In hindsight, I should have brought Elphin to that side as well. Alas. If I don't get the gaiden this time, I will know what to do.

Fae kills off the Mage. She's still getting about 80 EXP from unpromoted units so the next unpromoted kill should be the last one she can get a level off of in one go.

22_zpsnds5uork.png
Fae for Chapter 16 MVP.
Other than Milady of course <3

Allen kills off the Bishop with his Hand Axe. He took no damage in the process. He levels up!

23_zps9jqsrygj.png
Allen <3

Elphin plays Allen.
Allen has a go with the south Sniper from the south. Attacking from the east puts him in range of the dragon and I don't think I'm ready to tank that yet. Even with 68 hit chance, Allen is able to take out the Sniper with no damage!
Lance and Shanna Rescue-Drop Elphin towards the north. Lance can use his full movement to get to the treasury door next turn.
Milady moves a bit west, still in range of Douglas. She drops Roy west and waits. The only enemy able to get Roy is the Horseslayer Knight and the Purge Bishop.
If all those enemies are able to hit Milady, she dies. Saul physics her. I'm down to three Physic charges.

24_zps9feblvfc.png25_zpsapklf5tv.png
I moved Lilina and Igrene towards the south but Douglas wouldn't even attack them even if he had ranged weaponry.
Let's end Turn 8 like this.

Horseslayer Knight misses Milady. Milady hits him twice for, I guess, sword EXP.
Douglas is blocked from Milady because of the Knight.
Javelin Knight misses Roy.
Silver Bow Sniper misses Allen. Allen hits him twice but is unable to kill him.
Yep, Bishop heals Knight to full. Son of a...

Turn 9 is getting cut. Allen was getting rid of Snipers and I attempted to get rid of the Purge Bishop via Milady's Javelin throws but she missed one of them. I start to set up units near Douglas to choke the point there and bring Elphin in safely.
Also, Purge Bishop wasted his last shot on Shanna. Why?!

Turn 10 was also tanking Douglas until Elphin got to him. Now with the Purge Bishop gone, Merlinus can go to the treasure room. Lance unlocks the door to the west treasury.

Turn 11

31_zpsvjnbdfvp.png
Hey there, you.

32_zpszpe1v8if.png
What is up with this music? Douglas isn't recruitable?

34_zps4h0diduy.png35_zpsr7xszfgx.png
It is his duty to protect, after all.

37_zpshujo3gyp.png38_zpskg7tpbkx.png40_zpsyxjj6yx0.png41_zpsi9xkuxst.png
Yep, I guess he isn't recruitable.

43_zpsbqxjgoyt.png
I suppose I must.
Or! Or maybe I should just take the throne!
If I strike down Narcian, there shouldn't be any more incentive for Douglas to keep attacking--I think.
And it's not like Douglas is a required boss to kill (like Narcian on my goal point), and the EXP can be gotten elsewhere so...
Let's let you keep living, Douglas, like I did with Perceval!

44_zps8r8duzlb.png45_zpssihcro65.png48_zpshe0dk6tn.png
No worries, Douglas. As long as you don't attack Elphin on Enemy Phase, I won't have to kill you and you can keep your hope!

50_zpsbmf7a3nl.png
I will overcome this impossibility!

Milady's still got to recruit her bro. Let's do that.
Milady will draw attention of the dragon to her.

51_zps1xasl0ih.png
Rutger won't be able to kill Douglas even in two crits.

Reinforcements! Not now!
Douglas misses Roy. Roy cuts him up twice.

Turn 11
52_zps1ni3igfq.png

Dragon wasn't aggro'd. Interesting.

Elphin plays Fae.

53_zpszz9nxwzb.png
Aha! I knew it. But do I want her to take the kill? I don't know...

Saul is now near reinforcements. FLEE, SAUL. FLEE TO THE NORTH.
I forgot to screenshot but Astore took the Red Gem from the Manakete.
Astore could die to the dragon. Yeah. I better have Fae kill the dragon.

54_zpswyw8l4pb.png
It was a perfect 100 EXP level too.

Lilina heals Allen for staff EXP.

55_zpsoec7dq3q.png
I don't really use Berserk but sure.

56_zpsrq4fiebw.png
Turn 11 ending positions

More reinforcments.
Douglas goes for Roy. He misses. I didn't see that Lilina was nearby to give support bonuses and Roy crits Douglas down to 1 HP. AGH. NO ROY STOP.
Astore dodges a Mage's Elfire.

Turn 12
57_zpsennbtqi3.png

I think one or two people are going to have to tank Douglas without weapons to hit him with. Argh.

Astore moves east.
Elphin takes some of Astore's items and plays him so Astore can head inside Narcian's room.

58_zpsxjusjj53.png
Yay levels

Saul physics Milady. Two charges left.
Shanna flies down to take care of the Fighter that can wield a Hand Axe.
Fae can take care of Mercenaries.

59_zpsur3kf9qo.png
She might as well contribute until I can clear this map.

Milady's going to start taking out the wall.

60_zpso48ndw4e.png
Huh. These two can support.
First I'll trade Allen's non-sword equipment to Roy and then support.

61_zpsc7nlznjg.png
Fire x Fire action! All the Attack and crit!
Roy's distracted as Allen calls for his lord. Allen raises his voice.

66_zpsrot6dq3q.png
Allen notices that Roy has been thinking a lot lately.
Oh Allen. Why you such a good knight?

67_zpse8pndqeh.png68_zps7g0qx7le.png
It's a good thing you're thinking of these things, Roy, but don't get so distracted that you will get hit by Douglas.

70_zpsx5kd4v5y.png71_zpsxpmxqswa.png
The man's got a point. He does charge in with his horse and slaughters enemies.

72_zpsgopjx6bk.png73_zpsbsz8lg9v.png
A Lord cares about his knight. Ain't that cute.

After that, Allen moves to Roy's southwest.
Geese takes the last of Roy's swords so Roy is completely unable to fight Douglas.
Igrene takes up the spot Allen left for guarding and unable to counter.

74_zps1eqtwpok.png
Money! To make up for part of Hugh's recruitment.

75_zpsmct7ie63.png
Hey there, you! You'll be going straight onto Lance after he gets all treasures.

76_zpsif1bsuxa.png
Ending positions

Reinforcements.
Douglas misses Roy.
Shanna kills a Mercenary. Her Iron Sword breaks.
Mage dies on Milady.
Mage hits Milady before Milady kills him.
Hand Axe Fighter misses Shanna.

Turn 14
77_zpsrocoudex.png

Please make it stop
Will be fast-forwarding because it's mostly looting and breaking the wall from here on out.

78_zpsnktbv2na.png
Nice!

79_zpswygm0j1h.png
Cool. Can't really do much with this now with my units.

80_zpsi7bq5kpg.png
That's mine now!

Fae and Shanna are taking out enemies south.

On enemy phase, more reinforcements.

81_zpsqlojm7zk.png
You ruffled her feathers! You get a crit!

Turn 15

82_zpslk6rjevg.png
I can use this for Igrene.

83_zpsxgb7z8cx.png
Not bad.

84_zps7ncrp3gg.png
Narcian's last item is stolen, so now I can fight him with an accurate, overpowered Rutger and Durandal.

85_zpsxcba1wzv.png86_zpswrtsiaha.png87_zpsbgwhnc0b.png
Nice music. And what a narcissist to the end. I'm ready to kill you.

88_zpsestmg1ib.png
Say goodnight.

89_zpsqa8qwarh.png90_zpsdfkrv2qw.png91_zpsf6ldli1u.png
BYE FOREVER

92_zpsmhz7tgav.png
Ehhhh. I guess acceptable.

More reinforcements on enemy phase. At least I know where they're coming from if I have to restart for gaiden...

93_zpse99eknop.png
More near perfect level ups

And because I was running out of Javelin uses, Milady switched to the Iron Sword to break the wall down and Zeiss is attacking her. He doesn't recognize his own sister. Great!

Turn 16

Because of Mages, I have to use another charge of the Physic staff. Only one now...

95_zpsoxhumq6v.png
I wonder where I can use this.

96_zpsrktcqkvj.png
Eh... this may not have been worth my Chest Key.

No more reinforcements! I should remember that they start at Turn 11's enemy phase and end on Turn 16's.

97_zpsushrovnp.png
I may have to lose this level up because gaiden requirement.

Turn 17

98_zps6hoda1rh.png
So you were attacking me? Now stop that.

100_zpsr3ux8npw.png
Yeah, behind a 100 HP wall! That was annoying!
Zeiss says he was hiding because he was accused of betraying Bern.

104_zpszu3pnudl.png
And by this recruitment theme, I will be getting you too.
Zeiss asks why she betrayed Bern.

106_zps2g2q6omp.png
All my loyal units are so good.
Milady apparently threw away her homeland, family, and her beloved Gale for Guinivere. I didn't know she and Gale were an item.

109_zpsdw1hghul.png
Zeiss, that is not territory you cross with Milady. Watch your tongue.
She rightly and predictably tells him she won't allow him insulting Guinivere.

111_zpsrqbbpm9y.png
Milady was at first angry and confused that Guinivere wouldn't tell her anything; but, now that they are together again, she can see that Guinivere is not in the wrong.

116_zps59puoyz1.png117_zpsyzm3uxxl.png
Good! Now maybe Gale will join my team too. Zeiss joins to see the princess that moved his sister.

120_zpsmjio52dn.png
Cool. Bolting. Now I can do my own long-distance magic.

And I seize the throne--and forget to promote Lance and the screens. I might as well give up on the screens at this point. Haaaa.

121_zps4ssug8dh.png
Hi.
He has a favor to ask of us.

123_zps6wge3py2.png124_zpsxyxqd8dl.png
You can't mean...

125_zps8wmeletn.png126_zps2toojeac.png
Is this dialogue for the gaiden?!

127_zps0radtpzk.png128_zps1a7d7ymn.png131_zpsan8etcqc.png
Elphin is sorry for his father but he can't return just yet.
That's not exactly cool, Elphin. It was basically your disappearance that caused this mess.

132_zpspc0gbfcl.png
WHAT
I GOT THE GAIDEN?!
HOW
PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING--!
OH WHATEVER
YEAH! I GOT IT!

A pleasant surprise at the end--but I unfortunately still paid for Hugh at full price. There were no responses at the time I paid for him again. But hey, I'll keep it in mind if I play this game again.

And I guess I can sell things like the other Hero Crest or Orion's Bolt if really am scraping for money.

How would Hugh lower the price? If I denied him, would he just keep begging me with other prices or would I have to talk to him again and again for the lowest price?

Next time, I'm off to St. Elimine's altar!

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         20.00    34     15      16      16      16       7      10
Allen      Paladin       5.93    45     19      18      20      11      13       5
Lance      Cavalier     20.00    36     12      13      20       9       7       2
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight   6.63    37(+7) 15      19      26      21       8      10
Rutger     Swordmaster   4.28    43     16      24      23       7      10       6
Saul       Priest       20.00    29     11      14      16       4       3      15
Lilina     Sage          4.31    29     23      11      16      11       6      16
Astore     Thief        14.99    29      7       9      17      11       8       3
Igrene     Sniper        1.82    32     16      18      15       9      11      10
Elphin     Bard         14.32    24      1       3      19      19       4       6
Geese      Berserker     1.76    48     17      17      14      11      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord   7.02    48     24      20      20       7      16       6
Reset: 7
Lost: 4
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]
*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen

Edited by Dual Dragons

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD I'M SO PROUD OF YOU

YOU DIDN'T MURDER HIM :'D

A pleasant surprise at the end--but I unfortunately still paid for Hugh at full price. There were no responses at the time I paid for him again. But hey, I'll keep it in mind if I play this game again.

And I guess I can sell things like the other Hero Crest or Orion's Bolt if really am scraping for money.

How would Hugh lower the price? If I denied him, would he just keep begging me with other prices or would I have to talk to him again and again for the lowest price?

Next time, I'm off to St. Elimine's altar!

If you deny Hugh he keeps begging and lowering prices until you hit 5000, if you don't pay 5000 you don't recruit him.

Also next chapter is arguably one of the worst in the game!! Have fun!!

Edited by Sophie

I gladly killed off Shinon, I hate that guy

But from what a lot of people are saying, he's not worth bothering except to steal the Member Card. So there wouldn't be a penalty even in ranked play? Same with Cath?

And why that he never gets a trophy in Smash.
He needs to stop dissing Ike when he is much more loved than his father, surpassed him and now even has an amiibo.
No.
Edited by PuffPuff

YES YOU GOT IT FIRST TRY I KNEW IT! Suck on that, momogeek!

Zeiss is pretty cool, I enjoy using him and since you love your wyverns, you'll have fun with him.

Also, for your other run, there's a secret shop in this chapter (as there usually is in the chapter you get the Member's Card)

[spoiler=Secret Shop Location]Top square in the area Zeiss spawns in

Next Gaiden: [spoiler=Next Gaiden]Chapter 20, quite a ways away

...And only having Lilina heal at this point since Saul won't improve any further(Without a Guiding ring) and that Lilina needs the Rod wpn level experience!

Edited by PuffPuff

Well he gets another one later but it's far too late to be viable in any way.

Let's just hope and pray that DD goes on the Ch17A route then since you get it two chapters earlier. It's either that, or starting Ch16 over and buying it in the Secret Shop. But...since your using Shanna, Hint: continue on with the game! You'll get it in Ch18A. That's the only other good one left since the one after that is completely useless (It's near the very end of the game! Pointless! As pointless as getting the 1/128 spoil in Earthbound at The Cave To The Past. Why you have to cheat to get it!).

This game along with Marth's' first game (FE1 NES/FE3 Book I) always lacks Guiding Rings more than any other promotion item in the entire games.

Edited by PuffPuff

I am so sad I can't yell at you to use the best unit because you went Bartre route

That too.

Is why that I never go on that route if i were to use Gonzales.

-----

Saul at this point should just concentrate on healing and using Lightning since your not going to get enough time to build up his light level.

Also, for your other run, there's a secret shop in this chapter (as there usually is in the chapter you get the Member's Card)

Secret Shop Location

Digging from my LP of this translation patch annnnd....
4cly.pngv9sb.pngeh0j.png
The most important shop in the game is here...
Edited by PuffPuff

Guys, I think now that DD is at the crossroads of the game, it's high time we start telling him about THAT chapter. Yeah, you know... THAT chapter. The one no one talks about?

Edited by Ghengis Khan

Guys, I think now that DD is at the crossroads of the game, it's high time we start telling him about THAT chapter. Yeah, you know... THAT chapter. The one no one talks about?

If you're talking about what I think you are (my favorite chapter), I do think that it'll be much more entertaining to watch DD slog through it blind :D

Sorry for the small hiatus. Spring break has just started for me. From last week's Wednesday to yesterday, I was somewhere else. Keep Portland Weird and all that. I get all this week away from school!
I had this chapter finished but didn't get around to putting the pictures in my text document. I even got it down in a post after editing out some pics.

I got quite a bit of responding to do!

If you want to know about that gaiden now that you got it:

Douglas surviving is the requirement

Whoo, instincts!
If Douglas didn't work, I thought of keeping the Bishops alive. Haha. So dumb.

Also: welcome, new poster!

OH MY GOD I'M SO PROUD OF YOU
YOU DIDN'T MURDER HIM :'D
If you deny Hugh he keeps begging and lowering prices until you hit 5000, if you don't pay 5000 you don't recruit him.
Also next chapter is arguably one of the worst in the game!! Have fun!!

I am so sad I can't yell at you to use the best unit because you went Bartre route

I'M SO HAPPY
Yeah, I didn't know if he would keep attacking me or not so I didn't risk hitting No the second time. And I do try to keep recruiting everyone despite not liking everyone... 8(
I had some fun times.

Best character? Either Gonzales or... Karel? I remember Karel was in this game but not where he is. Those are my guesses based on what you said, haha.

And why that he never gets a trophy in Smash.
He needs to stop dissing Ike when he is much more loved than his father, surpassed him and now even has an amiibo.

No.

...And only having Lilina heal at this point since Saul won't improve any further(Without a Guiding ring) and that Lilina needs the Rod wpn level experience!

Let's just hope and pray that DD goes on the Ch17A route then since you get it two chapters earlier. It's either that, or starting Ch16 over and buying it in the Secret Shop. But...since your using Shanna, Hint: continue on with the game! You'll get it in Ch18A. That's the only other good one left since the one after that is completely useless (It's near the very end of the game! Pointless! As pointless as getting the 1/128 spoil in Earthbound at The Cave To The Past. Why you have to cheat to get it!).

This game along with Marth's' first game (FE1 NES/FE3 Book I) always lacks Guiding Rings more than any other promotion item in the entire games.

That too.
Is why that I never go on that route if i were to use Gonzales.
-----
Saul at this point should just concentrate on healing and using Lightning since your not going to get enough time to build up his light level.

Pft. Nah, he can keep dissing Ike. Ike had to beat his ass down to re-recruit him. I know Shinon doesn't know shit. I hate Shinon for his racist attitude and asshole-ish personality
That's interesting. I might keep that in mind. I kind of like to do the ranking stuff. 8')

Yep, that's been my plan except when I absolutely needed it. It's unfortunate Lilina can't use Physic. That's who I would have given the Physic to to keep building her staff rank.

Ugh, that last Guiding Ring. Should have been moved to Lilina's chapter. My Lugh was 13 or so then and it would have been appropriate for Lilina since there's that gaiden you can grind her levels in. I shake my head at Intelligent Systems.

To be fair, FE1 had only like... two viable magic-users (Merric and Linde) to promote. Unless you feel like sending in staff-users to get axes to their faces for EXP and bad growths to boot.

But the other games? Nah. That's just Intelligent Systems being Intelligent Systems and the derp. xD

Yeah. Saul's probably not going to make getting S Light. I maybe should have promoted him first and then get the desert Guiding Ring to Lilina. Maybe. I don't know. She probably would have hit Level 20 by then so who knows.

Dang I lost...
Zeiss on HM has respectable bases (including a 19 Str base: Jesus Christ!) He can be pretty good, unlike the idiot who robbed you of your guiding ring.

Don't even bother with light. It's going to take 10 years of Arena Abuse in order to get Saul to A light.

There's another more important better secret shop down the road.

19 Str base? Jeez. All the HM-buffed people are just whoa. If Tate and Klain got that treatment, who knows if they would be better than Shanna and Igrene.
Zeiss sounds like a likely candidate on my HM team.

Would that still have been the case if Saul was promoted first? That might be what I do for the alternate run but if it still takes forever then who knows what I might do.

I want to find it, but my Secret Shop guessing skills aren't the greatest, haha.

YES YOU GOT IT FIRST TRY I KNEW IT! Suck on that, momogeek!

Zeiss is pretty cool, I enjoy using him and since you love your wyverns, you'll have fun with him.

Next Gaiden: [spoiler=Next Gaiden]Chapter 20, quite a ways away

And it's even harder to find without knowing where it is beforehand! :D

If you're talking about what I think you are (my favorite chapter), I do think that it'll be much more entertaining to watch DD slog through it blind :D

FIRST TRY SHENANIGANS!
I can try Zeiss for HM. Why not? 8)
Oh, I was wrong... Wait! So that's what the Rescue was for? If I warped someone to that grass patch and wanted them back? Intelligent Systems, you troll! Haha!

I will search hard... and still probably miss it. 8C

Slog through it I probably shall... whichever one you people are talking about. xD

0/10 hate this translation patch

I think it's a pretty good translation patch. Nothing feels out of place, writing-wise.
You're welcome to talk about the translation patch or the other one, if you'd like. I have absolutely no experience/memories of the other one so a minor discussion on that could be interesting. :)

I doubted I would get the gaiden--
I mean hey I got the gaiden. Let's jump in! 8'D

[spoiler=Chapter 16x - *Magic: The Gathering at the Tower*]
1_zpsgsupw7hd.png
The king fulfills his boon by letting us visit the tower and loot it for precious treasures.

4_zps71wrjdnd.png
I'm murdering some clergymen today!

5_zpse9p8kqks.png
FE6 has a fetish with winding corridors, I'm realizing.

There's four levels of BS here:

6_zpshvobncj4.png
First level: no enemies. No BS.

7_zpsevtfazcc.png
Second floor: mixture of physical and magical enemies. Mid BS.

9_zpsqx1cizyz.png
Third floor: more magical enemies than physical. Major case of Bolting and Aircalibur. High BS.

11_zpszs4yh1fw.png
Fourth floor: Purge Bishops and boss. Berserk staff boss and Physic Bishops. Major BS.

The empty space where I start? With the amount of BS here, I kind of anticipate a wave of Bolting/Purge magic users to come follow me.

I have to run up a tower while I'm getting hell thrown at me from above. I have one siege tome at my disposal while they have five+.
Yay.

What do we have to face against?

13_zpsm75duj2m.png14_zpsz3i09tg0.png15_zpshuhsr7oc.png

16_zpsyzcsx2wg.png17_zpsipouqn0a.png18_zps8blogh4i.png

19_zps7z4zmj8t.png20_zpsjyso25gt.png21_zpslulzq106.png
Knights to block the way up as Sages and Bishops pelt me from a distance. Cavaliers and Paladins could charge me so I can't get in the passageway before the Knights do.
Mages with special tomes just so they make Milady and Shanna scared.
Mercenaries because why not.
Bishops with Physics to help keep up the defense.
Yep. I'm going to have a fun time.
Nothing other than Vulneraries to steal.

22_zpsyaqcquoq.png23_zpsg0xxot12.png
The first thing I thought: Bors, did you switch into some bishop robes and come back to kill me for benching you? It was the way the two look out towards the player.
But yeah, Windham. Better take your Restore staff and/or Barrier your units. He's going to make me mad.
For absolutely NO reason that I can think of, he has higher Defense than Resistance. I mean, what? There have been cases of this, I know, but what was the purpose of this choice? Don't attack him with your fliers? You know, those people that tend to not have high Res anyways? You want me to send them in while you have a Berserk staff right in your hand?
His Speed is just low enough for Lilina to double him so guess who gets to be a boss-killer this time.

25_zpsxik2warz.png
Geese is sitting out for this one. Any fighting against lance-using Cavaliers/Paladins and Knights will have to be settled with other units. He has the lowest Res.
Lance so he can finally see what Allen has been living in for the past few chapters.
I'm going to keep Milady on the Iron Sword for two reasons: most enemies will die on an Iron Sword (really the ones who won't are lance Paladins, and the east Paladin would still survive to her Steel Sword), and taking two hits instead of one should give her more sword EXP. People have been telling me that this game doesn't do the double WEXP for killing thing.
I'm very slowly running out of Javelins. At the Trade Armory, I sold off the Gems, bringing my money back to 31420G.
Milady's got the Delphi Shield because bias.
Elphin's got the Silence staff and two full Pure Waters.

26_zpsztyw8kbj.png
Milady and Allen/Lance at the front so we can start charging in. I'm going to try to prevent the Knights from blocking my path on enemy phase.

Towards St. Elimine's altar!

27_zpsmndzpaie.png
Being pelted by Bolting and Purge? Yes, very "glorious."

28_zpsma6ukuay.png
Running gag. Windham betrayed the church and took over the tower for Roartz and Roartz fled like a little bitch.

31_zps6ua09kgt.png
Man, the daring of Roartz. Insults his partners while fleeing the scene. It takes great "courage" to do that.
Windham says this is their last mission and they shall take us down with them. Marvelous. Suicidal bishops.

35_zpseex2qkxf.png
Heavenly Arrows? Is that Purge?

36_zps7wvptvic.png
I guess not. What could they be then?

37_zpsz7ppxowt.png
I saw a blue General!
Douglas! This must mean I recruited you.
2/3 Etrurian Generals recruited. I'm still sad about Perceval.

38_zpspmjhb8xe.png
Ah, yes, Aureola. That stuff was the shit.
I just finished my FE7 EHM ranked not too long ago. Some Speedwings Athos with Aureola wrecked EHM Nergal so bad. It was the stuff of legends.

39_zpswhysrzcl.png
Roy, you almost killed Douglas. I'm surprised Douglas isn't wobbling after being left at 1 HP.

Turn 1 enemy positions
44_zpsmtahwuwg.png

And showing up to Roy's north is Douglas.

45_zpscsfvlkve.png
This time he comes with a Silver Axe and Silver Lance. Good Defense but huuuurgh the Speed.
I can't really judge on Knights/Generals because bias against them, but he looks... good? I guess?
For a General I didn't have to invest a single EXP or resources into, he's pretty good at base except the Speed. He is supposed to be a wall that hits hard but against Mages/Sages with their five-six movement against his five, he'll get doubled and wrecked badly.

Milady starts to pave the path red. With her new 10 movement, she can reach the Mercenary first turn and proceed to kill him with her Iron Sword. She only takes one damage in retaliation.
Elphin plays Allen.
Allen equips the Steel Lance and kills the Mercenary, though not without taking damage.

46_zpsfkw0avov.png
Finally hitting the 20s in Strength!

47_zpsl9wfh2kl.png
IT IS TIME

48_zpshinrmmcm.png
White steed upgrades!

49_zps7logu3j5.png
I still find it very odd how he had less Strength than Shanna and still does promoted. Such strange ways life handles itself.
Though that Speed on a Level 1 Paladin is immense. Like whoa. He's going to be going around enemies like nobody's business.

50_zpscgwgm4bw.png
Douglas will move to Roy's east, ending our first turn.

Steel Lance Knight hits Milady. Milady is too strong, for she kills him with her Iron Sword.
Steel Lance Knight misses Allen. Allen kills him.
Bolting Sage goes for Allen. It's a miss!

Whoa!
I missed it, but there was an arrow coming down the screen, I think near the west Bishop's room.
Purge, Bolting, and THAT? And I can't even tell where arrows shoot down from.
I better play a little cautiously.

Turn 2 enemy positions
51_zpse1lhkyod.png

Also:

52_zpsagkmju4x.png
These Mages with Bolting. Milady and Allen are just in range of them but they didn't come attack me. I guess they're stationary but will attack if you get in their stationary range.
Their stationary 10-range ends to the east and west of the corners of the building the Bolting Sage is in.

Elphin plays Igrene.
Igrene doesn't have enough Attack to kill the Sage in one turn but she can at least soften him up for the kill next turn. She hits both times.

Oh yeah. The Snipers placed above the Sage? They have Longbows so I can't snipe two-range at the Sage in case he moves to the east or west. This map is all sorts of dickish towards me!

I give my new Lance Paladin a go. With an Iron Lance, he has to two-round the Mage even with A Allen support. I hope you get stronger soon, Lance. Lance slays the Mage without difficulties.
Milady one-shots the Mage with her Iron Sword. Iron Sword Milady too strong!
While Shanna catches up, I'm going to have her ferry Roy until combat is in sight.

54_zpsi6myzrm2.png
Allen is in range of the Mercenary with his Iron Sword.
Douglas will move one space north and one space west. He'll still be out of range of the Bolting Sage.

Bolting Sage misses Elphin.

55_zpsbou5kjju.png56_zps1hu2jd92.png
OH SHIT I WAS IN RANGE OF BERSERK
I FELL RIGHT INTO HIS TRAP

57_zpsdrm6cckc.png
WHAT ACCURACY HAX!
That shouldn't be that accurate! I'm so far away and she has 10 Res!
Screw Major BS. I'm calling "MAX BS" right there!
Igrene is successfully berserked. Agh.

Steel Sword Mercenary dies to Allen.
Silence Sage misses Saul. PHEW. I need to help Igrene fast! The Mages don't move but apparently the Sage does.
Another arrow comes down and doesn't hit anything.

Turn 3
58_zpshlaudqb7.png

Paladins are on the move.

So, I know I realized before though never mentioned that the ranged staves now have Mag as range rather than Mag/2.
But seriously. 88 hit from about 12 spaces away?! 10 Res?!
If Saul was silenced, I could have been done right there! Lilina can't use Restore yet!
Oh but I will be countering this the best way I can.

Still trying to build Lilina's staff rank as she heals Lance's new HP.
Saul restores Igrene back to normal.
Some of Igrene's Berserk status didn't go away because she crit-kills the Sage. She gets her first level up!

59_zpsejwowk4u.png
8C

Elphin trades Saul a Pure Water for Saul's Heal.
Saul uses Pure Water against the Silence Sage. Fucker.
Milady kills the Mercenary. She won't be able to attack the Javelin Cavalier back but I'm not worried in the slightest.
Lance equips his Javelin while hugging the wall.
Allen goes right up to the Silver Lance Paladin and strikes at him with two Hand Axes. Allen doesn't get hit.

60_zpser2kn2pv.png
Douglas might become the new Berserk target as he moves north. That's okay. I want Saul to be nearby and cure Berserk until the staff breaks.

Silver Lance Paladin misses my green Paladin. Lance kills him despite a lowish 66 hit chance.
Windham is still targeting Igrene. Huh. Doesn't he have 20 range with his 20 Mag? Igrene is 12 away but I would have thought Douglas with his 5 Res would be the better one... or Milady before with her 6. I don't understand and he still gets Igrene.
Steel Bow Archer banks on a 15 hit shot. Lance fails to kill the Archer at 84 hit. Oi.
At least the Javelin Cavalier with his 3 hit doesn't get Lance. Lance has just enough Attack to kill the Cavalier. Lance's first attack is wasted, though, because he crit-kills on the second.
Lance slaughters the other Javelin Cavalier with no further injuries sustained.
Milady dodges a Javelin from a Cavalier.
Silence Sage misses Lilina. Good. She can't use Restore anyways. At least Saul can patch up Lilina and not the other way around.

Two arrows came from west and east of the boss. One of them hit Elphin for... 10 damage? Huh. So it's like the rolling boulders from FE9 or the fire pillars from before. Good to know.

Turn 4
62_zps0xv06msl.png63_zpsbnf8rmxa.png

Once the Silence and Berserk staves go away, I can proceed. The Bolting and Purge guys will be annoying but I think it can be managed by units the likes of Lilina.

Saul restores Igrene.
Elphin plays Saul for EXP.
Lilina heals Saul.
The Cavalier to the northeast of Allen and Lance has an Axereaver, so I can't whip out my Hand Axe against the Aircalibur Mage. So instead, I have Allen move in the Cavalier's range with his Iron Sword.
Lance kills the Archer.
Rutger takes Roy off Shanna's hands.
Shanna kills the Archer with her Iron Lance.
Milady switches Shanna to the Javelin and then kills the Javelin Cavalier.

64_zpsag7cdh6s.png65_zps2j3kc1xs.png
Last enemy phase of the Berserk and Silence staves. Can Saul not get silenced?

Windham uses his last Berserk on Igrene. I swear Douglas was in his range. I don't get this.
Axereaver Cavalier doesn't notice Allen's Iron Sword as he gets killed. Allen is getting ever closer to the S rank!
Silver Lance Paladin lodges his spear into Milady, surprisingly. Shanna is right there. Anyways, Milady kills him.
Steel Lance Cavalier misses Milady. Milady only gets one hit in as he dodged an 84 hit chance.
Silence Sage wastes last charge on Lilina and still misses her. Ha!

Milady gets hit by an arrow. Hey!

Turn 5
66_zpszumagqco.png

The east side can proceed to the third floor. Milady is going to have to tread carefully in case of more arrow shots.

Saul restores that last Berserk status.
Lilina heals Igrene.
Elphin plays Lilina.
I have Lance back up a bit so Lilina can heal him. I will get out of E staves some day!
Milady switches to the Iron Sword as she heads towards the Axereaver Cavalier. I'm not going to provoke the Mage just yet in case of more of those arrows.
Shanna takes out the other Cavalier.

67_zpslnch8pml.png68_zpsiqecka7o.png
Douglas won't be contributing much this chapter. Too slow for me.

Axereaver Cavalier dies to Milady's Iron Sword. Thanks for raising my sword EXP!
Aircalibur Mage misses a support-boosted Allen. Allen kills him in one Hand Axe throw.

Close call! An arrow came down from Allen's east. Those arrows are still too fast for me to really capture but I think I'll just have to pause the game and proceed by each frame to try to get one.

Turn 6
69_zpsmgam00jd.png

So few enemies left but I worry about the ranged weaponry and the arrows for Milady.
I'm hoping the Purge Bishops don't move and attack.

Milady kills off the Mage.
I'm going to start having Saul move west.
Douglas rescues Saul so Saul can technically move six-seven spaces next turn.
Allen heads back so Lilina can heal him.
Lance rescues Lilina and moves a little back so Elphin can play him. Lance then moves forward with Lilina.
...and I forgot Lance would be the last unit to move. Dang.

Purge Bishop moves! D8 Milady dodges. ohthankgoodness.
I STILL MISS THAT ARROW. DAMN.

Turn 7
70_zpsbdecaqkp.png71_zpsjrpkendg.png

I'm taking a huge risk with this.

Milady kills off the Bishop. She's in range of the stationary Mage... at least I hope he's stationary along with his buddy. If he hits and there's an incoming arrow, I can say hi to a Milady reset.
Douglas drops Saul.
Elphin plays Allen and gets a level.

72_zpsvlyrgzw6.png
He's capped out his most important stat.

73_zpslz3tympq.png74_zpscnlptask.png
Lance will drop off Lilina after moving north to end Turn 7.

Purge Bishop goes for... Lilina? Why? Lance was right there. He hits.
Bolting Mage hits Milady. Agh!
OH THANK GOD. The arrow came for Shanna and not Milady.

Turn 8 enemy positions
75_zps4zckofqk.png

Unless I get Milady south to get healed fast, I can say hello to another reset.
As for the east side, I think Lance and Allen are going to have to draw out the Longbow Sniper first before Lilina can duel with the Bishop.

I move Allen and Lance in a way so Lilina can still move towards the Bishop.
Elphin plays Igrene for EXP.
Milady moves next to Shanna so Shanna can rescue her and move south. Now Milady can be protected from other arrows.

76_zpsqvsrvyhe.png77_zpslnxiezl7.png
Important people shown. Rutger moves north but out of range of the Longbow Sniper to end this turn.

A new Bishop spawns. Are you kidding me? Are you a Purge Bishop?
The Mage and Bishop target Lilina but miss.
The Longbow Sniper and the Sage miss Lance.

78_zpsbkoe1f3v.png
Finally caught this!
And it shot three arrows this time.
This map is stupid.
And I guess the new Bishop is not a Purge Bishop.

Turn 9
79_zps9e1s0utu.png

The enemies that moved are shown. Lance can't kill the Purge Bishop without Allen support. Dammit Lance...

Lilina kills the Sniper without getting more damage.

80_zps0rvt9u4j.png
MORE SPEEEEEEED

Lance crit-kills the Sage and gets his first level up as a Paladin!

81_zpsgzfeuph9.png
Where is the Streeeeeength

Allen whips out the Iron Sword and kills the Purge Bishop.
Shanna drops off Milady and moves north, out of range of the Longbow Sniper.
Saul mends Milady. Now that 8 HP becomes 39 HP!
Elphin, play, EXP, yeah.

82_zpsj3qy75c1.png83_zpst83kxyli.png
Can't really do much this turn without getting pelted to death.

Bolting Mage hits Lilina.
Arrow hits Lilina. Now she's down to 8 HP. Son of a...

Turn 10

Nothing much changed so no beginning turn screenshot.

Allen gives his support bonus to Lance as he hits a Silver Lance Knight. Silver Lance Knight misses but Lance is able to strike back twice. Still couldn't kill him though.
Lilina heads back so Igrene can rescue her.
Elphin plays Igrene for EXP. Igrene and Elphin are out of range of the Bolting Mage.
Milady moves north with Javelin in hand to take on the Bishop and attack the Longbow Sniper eventually.

85_zps0vwnwdsz.png86_zps9tt1nyek.png
Ending results of Turn 10.

Silver Lance KNight misses and Lance kills in retaliation.
Bishop misses Milady. Milady fails to kill him but she does get a hit in.
Bolting Mage misses Milady.
Bolting Mage misses Allen.
The arrow doesn't get anybody this turn.

Turn 11
87_zpstm7u9yek.png

Time to clear out the nuisances.

Milady swaps to the Killer Lance and crit-kills the Sniper. Another level up for her!

88_zpsbubrcp2z.png
More Luck for more crit-dodging.

Rutger finally gets a kill in this map as he finishes off the Bishop.
Shanna takes Roy from Rutger and flies towards the boss room.
Lance only has one use of his Javelin left. Allen hands off his Hand Axe to Lance.
Lance hits the Bolting Mage once and then crit-kills with the other Hand Axe throw. He is in range of Allen's support bonus.
Elphin and Igrene can now start moving with that Bolting Mage out of the way. Elphin plays Igrene for EXP.
Igrene gives Elphin Lilina and moves in range of the Bishop with her Iron Bow.

89_zpskikk2fvg.png
Moving in on that boss.

Lightning Bishop hits Igrene. Igrene misses one of her 88 hit shots.
Bolting Mage misses Milady.
Arrow hits Igrene.

Turn 12

Nothing too much changed. I think I'll forego beginning turn screenshots from now on.

Igrene kills the Bishop.
Milady suffers minor damage from the Horseslayer Knight as she kills him with her Iron Sword.
Supported by Allen, Lance kills the Bolting Mage with his Iron Lance. Now all the enemies except the boss are gone.
Elphin plays Igrene.
Igrene takes Lilina back.

90_zpsexcucz0g.png
Boss in sight.

Turn 13

Elphin plays Igrene. I'll drop off Lilina once Saul is able to move again, which is next turn.
Shanna drops off Roy.
Roy and Allen are next to each other so I can build that B support.

91_zpsdwkdacna.png
Everyone is getting into positions to kill the boss. Though I will try staffspamming with Lilina.

Arrows hit Allen and Shanna.

Time for some fast-forwarding as I heal Lilina with Saul and Lilina goes around to heal people with Elphin's help.

92_zps0qkfblvd.png
Forgot to take a screenshot when he leveled up. I think he got HP, Lck, and Res. This is Turn 17.

Douglas got hit by an arrow too but I think that may be pushing it... I don't know. She's still not at D staves despite all this healing. And I'm about completely depleted of Heal staves.

According to my calculations, if they are true, a Level 5 promoted unit should get 100 EXP from him. No one but Lilina is Level 5 so I'll go with what I said before and get that boss kill with her.
First, I have Igrene attack Windham. They both miss. It's okay. I was just wanting her to get bow EXP.
Allen is getting closer to S swords. He misses twice and Windham strikes back. Dang. All my guys are missing.
Milady and Windham both get their hits in.
I might as well let Shanna get her sword EXP. Shanna hits twice and dodges the counter.
Lilina misses! Windham misses as well. Lilina gets the second attack in, though. Man, was he being dodgey!

93_zpssrqmabai.png
Okay.

Lilina doesn't get 100 EXP. Huh. Was Bishop (M) based on Priest EXP, like class power? She still levels up.

94_zpszvhybere.png
If her staff rank would go up quicker, she would be the best staffbot.

I have Roy wait on the throne. I won't seize until Lilina is done healing people.

On Turn 18, I forgot that Douglas was moving along right near a Bishop. I better get rid of him.
And arrows are still hitting my units so I guess I'll have to end the map sometime.

Oh yeah. And that Bishop has Silence. Annoying bugger. I definitely should get rid of him. Milady does just that after getting help from Elphin's playing. This is Turn 20.

Back to healing in hopes of getting D staves.

... and another Bishop appears in Turn 20's enemy phase to try to silence Saul. This doesn't work.

95_zpshiatd4tj.png
ON MY LAST HEAL USE TOO
FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Elphin plays Lilina for last EXP.

Roy seizes on Turn 22.
I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS GODFORSAKEN PLACE AGAIN FOR A LONG WHILE

97_zpsgxtgr8au.png
What would have happened if Douglas went down because of the Bishop and arrows?
If I wouldn't get it, I would be pissed beyond belief.

98_zpsxirkhibk.png
That is a mouthful.

103_zpsjjvkp4ur.png
Scene shift into sad music!

104_zpsjeu30ggn.png
She knows too much! Kill her--oh wait.

107_zps2fej5hy0.png
Invading places is kind of our schtick.
Guinivere is understanding that, while this is her homeland being invaded, Bern needs to go down.

Guinivere has something to give to us. Is it the Fire Emblem? Apparently so. So what is this used for?

111_zpszkibxc5s.png112_zpse86hkjhg.png
So is it the titular Sword of Seals, or Binding Blade?
Because if it is, Roy wields Bern's treasure in order to end Bern's tyranny?
The irony!

Roy has to ask if it's a legendary weapon.

115_zpslysmmueq.png116_zpsaxefxnez.png117_zpsqo6rn9bs.png
I... see.
Hartmut's weapon is apparently the most powerful of all the legendary weapons.
So how come this one got special treatment and all the others are jokes compared to this thing?
Wouldn't it be better if they all got the same treatment?
I would only guess that the Binding Blade was the last made of the legendary weapons.

120_zpsjixacpo2.png
I think we should take out the actual source: the shaman-like girl.

121_zpsibov0bqn.png
Not like we haven't had those before.

124_zps2wcgp2ur.png
And now that Bishop can be all by his lonesome for the rest of his days, inside this tower that we will abandon and probably never open the doors again.
Unless we do the alternate run.
SHIT

I got Aureola and the tank juggernaut Douglas has joined our side. Lilina has finally gotten D staves so now she could staffspam Mend.
Roy seems determined to take down Bern soon.

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         20.00    34     15      16      16      16       7      10
Allen      Paladin       6.47    46     20      19      20      11      13       5
Lance      Paladin       2.54    40     14      15      23      10       9       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight   6.87    37(+7) 15      19      26      21       8      10
Rutger     Swordmaster   4.51    43     16      24      23       7      10       6
Saul       Priest       20.00    29     11      14      16       4       3      15
Lilina     Sage          6.61    31     25      11      17      12       6      18
Astore     Thief        14.99    29      7       9      17      11       8       3
Igrene     Sniper        2.79    33     16      18      15       9      11      10
Elphin     Bard         16.53    25      1       3      20      21       4       7
Geese      Berserker     1.76    48     17      17      14      11      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord   8.79    49     24      21      20       8      16       6

Reset: 7
Lost: 4
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen
Edited by Dual Dragons

'Dat Lilina.

By best unit I mean the other character you get when you take the other path in Chapter 9 eventually that replaces Bartre.

Douglas is an alright pre-premote imo. His speed is a little wonky but otherwise his bases are alright and he's workable.

Also, you already finished it, but how this map works, just look at the starting positions of the enemies.

The arrows will never strike on those columns, so if you stay on those columns you will never get hit.

Next Gaiden is 20x if no one mentioned it.

I don't remember.

Yeah, Ilia! Land of Pegasi! Good luck!

Miledy is going to have lots of fun there. Zeiss shouldn't be too hard to train there either, but w/e. Also, magic users in this game are notorious for having absurdly high magic. To give you an idea, imagine Windam on HM.

Welcome back! Chapter 16 and 16x are probably my 2 most hated chapters in this game, so you're past that :)

Douglas is...decentish as a wall just for his base Str/Def and Weapon Ranks, but armors suck and he's no exception. Your Lilina is utterly insane by the way, and Lance is the Fast Green Cavalier, so his low strength isn't too unexpected.

25_zpsxik2warz.png

Geese is sitting out for this one. Any fighting against lance-using Cavaliers/Paladins and Knights will have to be settled with other units. He has the lowest Res.

55_zpsbou5kjju.png56_zps1hu2jd92.png

OH SHIT I WAS IN RANGE OF BERSERK

I FELL RIGHT INTO HIS TRAP

66_zpszumagqco.png

The east side can proceed to the third floor. Milady is going to have to tread carefully in case of more arrow shots.

Saul restores that last Berserk status.

Lilina heals Igrene.

Elphin plays Lilina.

I have Lance back up a bit so Lilina can heal him. I will get out of E staves some day!

80_zps0rvt9u4j.png

MORE SPEEEEEEED

Milady swaps to the Killer Lance and crit-kills the Sniper. Another level up for her!

88_zpsbubrcp2z.png

More Luck for more crit-dodging.

95_zpshiatd4tj.png

ON MY LAST HEAL USE TOO

FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Great choice.
On normal, you should only use him instead of Gonzales. His skill is terrible in that mode and that Geese gets alot more skil than him. Which is desparately needed for the axes's godawful accuracy.
He uses this early in the mission as staff range isn't limited to 2x one space like FE7&8 were.
It'll be godsend for ranged staves for her Mag stat if you can get her staff level to B rank.
Well...I'll say this...she is no complete Micaiah as her speed is better than hers.
Even though no promotions grant any luck at all whatsoever. :/
Like in FE7, Warriors don't get granted any speed upon promotion which they get granted +2 of it in this game!
Yay!

Yeah, Ilia! Land of Pegasi! Good luck!

Miledy is going to have lots of fun there. Zeiss shouldn't be too hard to train there either, but w/e. Also, magic users in this game are notorious for having absurdly high magic. To give you an idea, imagine Windam on HM.

Remembering to get the Guilding Ring in the village two chapters from now. 18A. Sucks that Saul still isn't promoted yet. x.x

Edited by PuffPuff