Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

'Dat Lilina.

By best unit I mean the other character you get when you take the other path in Chapter 9 eventually that replaces Bartre.

Douglas is an alright pre-premote imo. His speed is a little wonky but otherwise his bases are alright and he's workable.

Also, you already finished it, but how this map works, just look at the starting positions of the enemies.

The arrows will never strike on those columns, so if you stay on those columns you will never get hit.

Next Gaiden is 20x if no one mentioned it.

I don't remember.

Solid Lilina

Hmm... I guess I will have to see. I was thinking of doing an alternate part after this. It's been a while.

Yep. As a General I didn't have to invest, he was good/alright to me.

I think I see which columns you're talking about. I'll take note of it next time. Thanks!

A bit of ways away but I can't let up!

Yeah, Ilia! Land of Pegasi! Good luck!

Miledy is going to have lots of fun there. Zeiss shouldn't be too hard to train there either, but w/e. Also, magic users in this game are notorious for having absurdly high magic. To give you an idea, imagine Windam on HM.

Thanks!

Did someone say Wyvern Rider Spotlight?

Windham in HM... no... it cannot be.

That coupled with the Magic range of staves sounds horrible. This is horrible.

Welcome back! Chapter 16 and 16x are probably my 2 most hated chapters in this game, so you're past that :)

Douglas is...decentish as a wall just for his base Str/Def and Weapon Ranks, but armors suck and he's no exception. Your Lilina is utterly insane by the way, and Lance is the Fast Green Cavalier, so his low strength isn't too unexpected.

Thanks! I can see that 16 and 16x are pretty hectic even in Normal Mode. Now Hard Mode... I can only imagine.

And way too bulky to be Rescue-ferried easily. Oi, Douglas. Oh man. I wish I could compare Lilina to average Lilinas because she has been working really well for me. Much better than Micaiah anyways...

Yeah but I can always wish. :( At least Lance can chip on more powerful enemies if need be, I guess. :D

Great choice.

On normal, you should only use him instead of Gonzales. His skill is terrible in that mode and that Geese gets alot more skil than him. Which is desparately needed for the axes's godawful accuracy.

He uses this early in the mission as staff range isn't limited to 2x one space like FE7&8 were.

It'll be godsend for ranged staves for her Mag stat if you can get her staff level to B rank.

Well...I'll say this...she is no complete Micaiah as her speed is better than hers.

Even though no promotions grant any luck at all whatsoever. :/

Like in FE7, Warriors don't get granted any speed upon promotion which they get granted +2 of it in this game!

Yay!

Remembering to get the Guilding Ring in the village two chapters from now. 18A. Sucks that Saul still isn't promoted yet. x.x

Interesting. I'll try out Gonzales in Hard Mode when I get there. Someday.

20 Magic range, what is this.

Still working on that. All my staves will break on Lilina.

My god, yes. All the Speed. This is what a Mage/Sage should be.

I actually didn't remember Warriors not getting Speed on promotion in FE7. Huh.

It does suck. :( My poor Saul.

*This first part ends before Turn 5

Route splits! Apparently I'm going to Ilia. I like snow.

[spoiler=Chapter 17-1 - *Zeiss stretches his Wings*]

2_zpss0lveakv.png

For our efforts in Aquelia, we have more loyalists.

3_zpsslydroit.png

Hang up the wanted posters. I want them dead or alive.

4_zpscyn69lta.png

Hey, look. It's the place I'm going because of a route split.

Shanna and Tate too strong for Sue and... and... Shin

:C

7_zpsvvy1eiub.png

And we've got quite a bit of them too. Isn't it like six people? One of them which I'm assuming exists to be the third Peg Sister.

8_zpscl8dvlap.png

Yay more support to our cause.

9_zpsn5inpfro.png

I disagree with that name change! No!

10_zpsl8f1jinm.png11_zpsdw57qle6.png

Sounds like a plan. Let's execute it, pronto.

12_zps7kd5v7zb.png

Roy gets nominated to be this army's leader too. My work is making a name out of the boy.

13_zpsthelt5og.png14_zpsnmlcqiww.png15_zpstmx7n6ki.png

There better not be weather in my FE6 game.

FE7 wasn't even that hard when weather was in effect. It was just annoying. Very annoying.

16_zps9p3tspzh.png

More castles to plunder. Let's go...

17_zps5zbklags.png

I see a lot of water and a lot of UGH

Getting Roy to that castle means crossing the waters. However...

18_zpszcq3vzaz.png19_zpszqxeael0.png

Ballistae want to impede my crossing of the waters. No worries. It means a flier and Delphi Shield will need to take them out first.

I'm not exactly sure why the Fighter is there. To counter any lance-only fliers like Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders? That's just... stupid.

20_zpsdqiuik3e.png

Over to the northwest here are the only buildings not forts. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be sending any of my fliers over there but you never know.

And I've checked: all Paladins except the boss have Elixirs. If they have low enough Speed, I could pilfer those.

21_zpstzmn9ho6.png

Over in the southeast is the only bridge of which foot units can cross to get to the castle. It would take everyone forever without Rescue-ferrying.

The spot I'm highlighting is very suspicious to me. A single patch of plains surrounded by forests and forts. The plains tile doesn't even serve a good purpose of being a shortcut to land should the units that pour out of the forts be foot units.

I think it's a good spot to be a secret shop spot, do you?

Or that waterfall tile.

Or the forest above it.

GUESSING THE SECRET SHOP

22_zps8w81zzks.png

Even this tile is suspicious.

And that pathway leading to nowhere.

23_zps8fyp92da.png

As for this area over here, it can be a good landing zone for Rescue-dropping.

Maybe not for Roy though since a bit of ways away from the castle but for other units, sure.

It's out of range of the ballistae people. I could use this to my advantage.

24_zpschfxphpz.png

Even this area could be suspcious. Not for secret shop but for reinforcements.

Hmmm...

Enemy roll-call

25_zpssbwwhtrs.png26_zps82e93qel.png27_zpswqvr545h.png28_zps9vt5ay3u.png

29_zpsjyyzd8mp.png30_zps9xokwvp0.png31_zpsiwdquszi.png

Cavalry and magic are reigning here today. This could get annoying.

I found a Fimbulvetr Mage and a Purge Bishop. There's a Sleep Bishop as well. That's no good. I kind of want to cross the deadly seas without being purged or put to sleep.

Who's the boss? There was a hint given with the Paladins comment and it's someone we've met many times now...

32_zpso5m1ysu0.png33_zpsi4apbtkc.png

Is it finally time to put this guy to rest or will he run away again?

He's actually quite respectable. 12-13 Speed depending on which weapon is equipped, 19 total Defense, 13 total Res, and high HP. Not bad, not bad.

But, heh, Lilina just got enough Speed to double max Speed Arcardo.

Good job, Arcardo! If you came last chapter, I may have not been able to double you. Thanks for giving me the extra time to be able to outspeed you now!

Level 10 Paladin boss means a Level 1 promoted would get 100 EXP. No one falls under that criteria anymore except... Zeiss.

Speaking of Zeiss.

34_zpsq01v1o4b.png

There is a lot of deployment slots this chapter. I suppose I can test him.

He's pretty weak in the level department though. A Level 7 Wyvern Rider when even the enemy chumps are Level 15 but, hey, I guess that just means he can power level.

And with all the cavalry about, why I can give him the Horseslayer and call it a day. Win-win.

So why is Chad in there? Eh. He can steal Elixirs I guess.

So while I'm reorganizing equipment, let's look at Aureola.

35_zpscbsnd9px.png

Look at this tome I will not get to use.

+5 Res even for a magic-user can be good for status staff dodging, I suppose.

It has a small crit chance.

Well, this Aureola is pretty useless in this run now.

Zeiss can't use the Killer Lance right away. I'm very disappointed.

36_zpsvxtwpaid.png

Left Paladin is Allen. Milady being in the back won't matter for long.

We can finally slap Arcardo for all his fleeing!

37_zpssbqreuvh.png

Makes sense.

38_zpsqqv7sddh.png

This music is new. I kind of like it. Very ominous.

It looks like Arcardo fled into the castle before the screenshot here.

And yes, confirming Narcian did die to our hands. BYE FOREVER.

39_zps1zdrnb5g.png

You shouldn't, Gale. That guy was the worst kind of ecchi.

40_zpsmgwwtww9.png41_zpswbe7188o.png

Zephiel knows how to take care of his men when they fuck up. Good on you, Zephiel.

42_zpslvgv1ofe.png

You will become dead. Does that sound good?

43_zpszwakiqs4.png44_zpsrmifuved.png

And so Douglas' prophecy was true: these two will die in due time.

45_zpsmxzmdn98.png46_zpsk9tuwism.png

Maybe should have thought of that when you turned tail to Bern, who has been known to crush people into the ground.

47_zpsloulcscf.png

Sure. I will add this castle to my collection. Have at you.

49_zpsk7zmin9f.png

We won't be seeing Roartz for a bit, I'm gathering.

50_zpsrrkii96q.png51_zpsxeys2qwp.png52_zpsu6jsyzlq.png

I won't be allowing that to become true.

53_zpsoo1ngyak.png55_zpskewmxbgb.png

Missed the screenshot before where it says that if once they take Etruria, it will be under Bern's jurisdiction. Roartz complains and yeah it leads to this.

I told them that they weren't even that good. All they've done is flee.

56_zpssfwjcvkf.png

Roartz leaves to the east and Gale comes out to have this screenshot.

Gale shouldn't be that caring but I'll give Gale some slack.

57_zpsotfvfaoy.png

Pretty much why I say he shouldn't be that caring.

59_zpslvwmiuez.png

"He" being Roy.

Thank you, Murdock. I have been leading the boy all along so I get some credit.

60_zpsefalhewp.png

Sure thing. I can squeeze in an appointment in my schedule.

Gale and Murdock leave.

62_zpshb0hubkp.png

And you not dying so far, Roy. Keep up the pace.

Yoder just repeats that it was our effort that the church wasn't persecuted, blah blah.

63_zpsw2eay1bc.png

Shall we grant him another boon?

64_zpsrjhnbgwz.png65_zps5duaebd8.png

His boon has been accepted. For this, he gives us a piece of information for the chapter.

67_zpsw3hgqadl.png

I didn't put this down before but this was actually a guess of mine. It was either the water stays there or the water goes at certain points throughout the chapter.

With fliers on my side, I don't think that information will be that useful but maybe some land units like Allen and Lance can take advantage and cross.

68_zpsparvubfv.png

No worries, Yoder. I had it all sorted out before this information cropped up.

Turn 1

70_zpsdwpvjgst.png

To the northwest is a group of cavalry and a Thunder Mage. To the southeast is a Cavalier with a Steel Lance and Javelin and a Cavalier with a Steel Lance and Vulnerary.

Let's get Zeiss some kills. As I don't want the Horseslayer to become broken too soon, let's let Igrene and Zeiss team up! It's perfect! Igrene will get chip EXP and bow EXP, Zeiss gets kills.

Igrene will aggravate the Cavalier with the Javelin. Her Iron Bow won't do enough to kill him.

Milady's going to get rid of those ballistae Archers for me. After she moves, Elphin plays her.

This is just enough so Milady can whip out her Javelin and chuck them at the southernmost ballista Archer. He does hit her at 40 hit but I laugh at his 3 damage. Delphi Shield powers! She kills in retaliation.

I have Shanna rescue Roy so she can begin the long flight towards the castle.

Zeiss equips the Horseslayer and moves in range of the Killer Lance Cavalier. He's out of range of the Javelin Cavalier and the Paladin.

Lance with an Iron Axe gets in range of the Silver Lance Paladin so he can soften him up for Zeiss or even himself.

Actually: scratch that. I have Allen switch Lance to the four-use Javelin I have and not in range of the cavalry. I want to soften up the Javelin Cavalier just in case.

71_zpsvnkqcmqm.png

Greyed-out Thief is Chad. Northernmost Paladin is Lance. I shall end the turn as thus.

Well! I didn't see that Lilina was in range of the Killer Lance Cavalier I wanted Zeiss to get. He misses her--thank god--but Lilina gets the kill and breaks her Fire tome.

Silver Lance Paladin misses Lance. Lance counters with two hits.

Ballista Archer doesn't hit Milady. You're next, bud!

Javelin Cavalier gets weakened by Lance's Javelin throws and the Javelin breaks.

The other Javelin Cavalier misses Igrene and gets two bolts lodged into him.

Purge Bishop misses Milady. I would like to get him now but Shanna needs to start flying across the sea without arrow troubles.

Turn 2

72_zpspdh0jp2f.png

What's being highlighted is the Thunder Mage that didn't move before. I highlighted him so the terrain info box didn't show--as well as mark where a two-ranged unit should go.

73_zps7fwasui2.png

More healing items!

Milady switches to the Iron Sword and kills the ballista Archer. She's 7 EXP from leveling.

Shanna starts flying across the sea.

Igrene left the Cavalier at just enough HP for Astore to kill him. I go, "Sure, why not," because Astore hasn't seen action for a long while. He levels up for...

74_zpsasbjqxg4.png

He hasn't been getting the best of level ups but he was pretty good at base. Astore: passable.

Zeiss, start the slaughter!

75_zpsskalva7j.png

8C

Cavalier doesn't get a hit in either.

Well. I WAS planning to give Zeiss the Paladin kill but since Zeiss benefits the most from the Cavaliers, I think Geiss will take the Paladin kill instead. He's still a Level 1 promoted unit.

76_zpsmjzghgmn.png

Even does a flashy show before getting his level.

77_zps1ramfvnf.png

This is meh-okay.

Lance and Allen rescue-drop Zeiss in a way so Elphin can play Zeiss.

Zeiss finally get his kill. A whopping 63 EXP. This is going to be fun.

Lilina heals Geese. Still got a while to go for that C rank.

78_zpsz4fduo4k.png

I've gotten a little smarter about removing the terrain info box without having to go into the options.

I'm ending Turn 2 like this.

Steel Axe Fighter misses Milady. He helps out giving Milady sword EXP and now 1 EXP from leveling, which will probably be given from the Purge Bishop.

Steel Lance Cavalier and Astore miss each other once. Astore gets the second hit in.

Purge Bishop goes for... Shanna? Why do they keep doing that? He hits for 12 damage. Even when she's carrying Roy, he's got a 48 hit chance on her.

Turn 3 enemy positions

79_zpsmqnbgio7.png

The closest enemy straight east from Shanna is the Purge Bishop. I may just be able to get rid of him without provoking the Sleep Bishop.

A little check on status staff range. Saul has the same Magic as the Sleep Bishop. Right now, Saul has a Silence staff.

It seems that if Saul were to use Silence, Silence's range is actually 10 away from him, not 11 though the range says just Magic.

I never was good at staff range calculations but I guess from this that the one range missing is counting the square Saul is on too?

If so... then the Sleep Bishop shouldn't be able to get Milady if she attacks the Purge Bishop from range. Here's to hoping!

Milady will likely take out the Javelin Cavaliers and the Mage when I don't want her to but I want that Purge Bishop gone. He has more priority than Zeiss' EXP.

Milady misses twice! MILADY, WHY. YOU RUINED MY CHANCE. Despite missing, she gets the 1 EXP for that level up.

80_zpshhbkpdbl.png

More Strength. Sure. And she has breached the 50 HP zone.

81_zps9ynsjkct.png

Astore could go for more EXP.

Igrene softens up the Cavalier. She's 5 EXP from leveling.

Zeiss throws his Javelin at the Cavalier...

82_zps5hke66qt.png

You're making leveling you harder than it should be, Zeiss.

Elphin plays Zeiss.

Zeiss gets that kill. There we go! His first level up is...

83_zpsk0qb3c8l.png

Expectations: high.

84_zpsdq5qxauj.png

Northernmost Paladin is Lance. I'm hoping he'll draw in that north Mage.

Chad might get in use if what I plan crops up.

Northeastern dot is Shanna with Roy. I pray she or Milady don't get put to sleep. Ending Turn 3 now.

Purge Bishop moves further away from the Sleep Bishop to miss Milady. GOOD. YOU STAY THERE.

Turn 4

85_zpsxgh9qgk5.png

How odd. None of the other Cavaliers or the northwest Mage moved.

Astore takes a hit from the Thunder Mage so he can weaken the Mage.

Zeiss kills the Mage. So much EXP!

Allen rescues Zeiss and moves towards the Mage.

Elphin plays Allen.

Rutger lends Chad his Iron Sword.

Allen drops Zeiss within range of the Mage and moves towards the southeast.

Milady hacks into the Bishop with her Iron Sword until he dies. That's C swords for her.

Lilina heals Zeiss. I only have one Heal left. She might have to Mend-spam just to keep her using staves.

86_zpswolohftz.png

There's no safe place for Shanna or Roy. Turn 4 ends here.

Killer Lance Cavalier crits Milady. You cur! Milady kills him off.

Steel Lance Cavalier dies to Milady.

Silver Lance Paladin hits Milady. She's weakened but still manages to get her sword into him once.

Elfire Mage misses Milady.

Javelin Cavalier hits Milady for 1 damage.

Other Javelin Cavalier misses Milady.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Chapter 17-2 - *The Glint off her Arrows*]
Turn 5
87_zps17gtauyw.png

Milady's pulling back now. She was left at 15 HP from all that abuse.

I risk Chad getting crit'ed to death by the Thunder Mage. Chad softens up the enemy without any damage.

88_zpsppkhmvgq.png
Chip EXP level.

Zeiss ends the Mage. Another level for Zeiss means...

89_zps5zmz3cjc.png
This man
Guys, this man
He's going places
I can just smell it

Elphin plays Allen.

90_zps9y26vnmc.png
Not much else to increase in.

Allen, Lance, and Geese rescue-drop Zeiss more south.

91_zpsu3ttl6f6.png
That's Allen near the houses. Milady's heading back for healing.

Enemies are just moving this enemy phase.

92_zpsb1lz4vut.png
Why would you use the surfacing sound effect for Night of Farewells... for sandy land surfacing?
I'm very confused.

94_zpsbpjlhkiv.png95_zpsdiirhkyi.png
This could easily be thrown back in your face, Arcardo. YOU didn't know about this earlier?

97_zpsguqm81pr.png
Sure. Let me feed you to the maws of Zeiss.

We get a report that the sandbar Yoder mentioned appeared.

98_zpsrowdw9za.png99_zps4qxst6qy.png
Pretty much everyone but the enemies knew this happened. And they have been here... the second longest.
Obviously they do not do any sort of geographical surveying because military might apparently solves all issues.

100_zpsujsjmihz.png
Not quite yet, Roy. We still got a Sleep Bishop to worry about.

Turn 6 enemy positions
101_zpsg4boobi5.png

So the other cavalry group might start moving in, I assume?

Astore moves back so Lilina can heal him. Good bye, last Heal!
Lance nabs Saul's Mend and plants himself next to Lilina.
Milady goes to Lilina's other side.
Elphin plays Lilina.
Lilina trades Lance for the Mend and mends Milady.
Chad's not going to be doing much else other than stealing and possibly chip a Mage so I'll have him take note of the Armory's inventory for later shopping.

102_zpsczg0xppd.png103_zpsaorj8nht.png104_zpsonenvmna.png
This game is really trying to sell me some Slims.
But hey, Killer weapons! I could always go for some Killer weapons.
I might need a few quantities of the regular equipment too. I'll have to think on it.

I was planning to have Saul visit the village but I think I'll have Chad do that instead. I'm thinking of another plan for Saul that involves Milady.

Allen and Zeiss do a rescue-chain so Zeiss ends up next to his siter with Saul riding with him.
Geese visits the north house.

105_zpsssnuvxab.png
--Stop, stop, stop. Yes, I've heard this... three times already. I think it was three.
Thank you but I already know this.

Rutger visits the other house. It's more mentioning of the tides but...

108_zps0w5yrcfn.png
He's got fascinating stories to tell me about how the tide went away while fishing.

110_zps7muxxjmg.png
Ending results of Turn 6

Only the Mages and the Archer are moving in. That's disappointing. I thought Arcardo said all of them should charge.

Turn 7
111_zpstjnw3gr8.png

Look at all the fascinating charging they are doing.

Milady takes Saul and moves eastward. She'll be out of range of the east Mage.
Astore softens the Fimbulvetr Mage while getting hit.

112_zps3ozvxlyh.png
Better level up but he's almost capping on levels--with no promotion to give him.

Zeiss kills the Mage from the west. 11 EXP to the next level.
Elphin plays Zeiss.
Zeiss slaughters the slow Steel Bow Archer from the east. New levels!

113_zpsje1fxzql.png
Already almost capping Strength. Hot damn. Still needs more Speed.

Lilina mends Astore if he goes for the other Mage.
Chad visits the village.

114_zpsqm100xgv.png115_zps5ek8myq2.png
Not this again...

116_zpsvnl2uldu.png
I don't know what "many HP" means but 30 uses. I will gladly accept this E ranked staff. I have Chad store the Vulnenaries back with Merlinus.

Lance and Igrene Rescue-drop Elphin more east.

117_zpsxkahycjt.png
I want Zeiss to at least get all the Cavalier kills while someone can take the Paladin kill. However getting the Paladin kill can be hard without encountering the Cavaliers so I'll be ending the turn like this.

Turn 8

Nothing much except that Mage moving in.

Astore uses his last Iron Sword use on the Mage. Mage hits back.
Zeiss kills the Mage and is 1 EXP from leveling. Curses!
Elphin plays Zeiss.
Zeiss would have to three-round the Cavaliers using the Javelin. Instead, I'm going to draw in the Paladin. The chip EXP will get him that level up.
Lilina mends Astore and gets a level up.

118_zps0fntworn.png
26 Magic and not close to capping. Holy shit.

Milady drops Saul towards the east.

119_zpsrodknhas.png
Chad's moving towards Rutger to give the man back his sword.
I want to actually progress so here ends Turn 8.

Reinforcements from the north! Two Cavaliers and an Archer. Fiends! They're even moving ones without being provoked.
Silver Lance Paladin misses Zeiss. Zeiss also misses... but that's okay. That still gets him a level.

120_zpsltopqewi.png
Speed pls

Kind of forgot the Cavaliers have Javelins that could get Saul. Saul dodges.

Turn 9
121_zpsieq37z3v.png

I hope reinforcements don't come out of the forts near Saul.

I think Igrene can get the Paladin kill. Snipers are hard to train because stuck in two-range in all. I forget to steal the Elixir from the Paladin but I think I'm fine. What does Igrene get for a level?

122_zps2tyxcsmc.png
Igrene
Are you one of those characters with lower growth rate totals?
Because if you are, you should have told me about this.

Lance uses his Iron Axe to soften up that Javelin Cavalier. Javelin Cavalier can do squat to that fast Lance.
It's pretty unlikely that Zeiss is going to get a hit in on this forest Cavalier. I let him try. He kills!
Elphin plays Lilina.
Lilina mends Zeiss.
Saul has Zeiss equip the Javelin.
Milady has Lance equip the Javelin and waits next to her brother. Maybe they support or something.
Chad gives Rutger back his Iron Sword.

123_zps3y17xqy8.png
Units that have significantly moved are shown.

More Cav and Archer reinforcements.
The Javelin Cavalier goes for Lance because he was blocked from Zeiss thanks to his ally. Lance dodges his attack and counters with two Javelin throws.

Turn 10
124_zpsx0gvmio8.png

This might be a while. I might have to fast-forward as some point.

Zeiss and the weakened Javelin Cavalier miss each other. Zeiss attacked from the southwest so Elphin could play him.
I planned for Igrene to soften up the southernmost Cavalier. She crit-kills, effectively shutting down my plans. Thanks...
I guess Zeiss has another chance at that Javelin Cavalier. Zeiss kills this time and is close to leveling again.
Milady trades her Delphi Shield for Zeiss' Steel Lance and moves to the forest just south of the bridge. I also make sure to equip Milady with the Javelin. I may be able to draw out the Sleep Bishop from here.
Lance and Astore Rescue-drop Elphin out of the Archer's range.
Lilina mends Igrene.

125_zpsdtzrilzr.png
Yep. I'm thinking of fast-forwarding until the reinforcements can let up or the Sleep Bishop goes away.

Oh great. I get Cavalier, Archer, and now Pegasus Knight reinforcements. In the forts I said I didn't want them in. Dang it.
Steel Sword Cavalier faces Milady and dies.
Steel Lance Pegasus Knight has no chance of hitting Elphin.
Steel Lance Pegasus Knight goes for a defenseless Astore. She still misses.
Steel Bow Archer now can do 21 damage to Milady. He misses. She hits once and then crit-kills.

Turn 11
126_zpssifevpvm.png

Two things about this screenshot: Pegasus Knight reinforcements and my stupidity.
Why my stupidity? I never knew that you could bring up the staff range for enemies.
i am the best player of gbafe games
I'm guessing Bishop doesn't move. That means I could get rid of him soon with some help from Elphin.

But I will be fast-forwarding so...

Turn 16 enemy phase: no more Pegasus Knight reinforcements. Or any reinforcements. So now we're at Turn 17.
133_zpszdlsjv3w.png

And the levels...
127_zpswax8apzo.png128_zpsv0u91ri9.png129_zpscnkw6qm9.png

130_zpsijnxvma4.png132_zpssui2eaed.png
I hope Zeiss gets more Speed to be viable as a team member.

131_zpsk9ekh3qo.png
Elphin being Elphin.

And yes, that Bishop never moved. He healed someone once with Physic.
Zeiss currently has the Delphi Shield.

Zeiss goes for the Archer. He hits once and then crit-kills. This is also another level for him.

134_zpseu6iyvhc.png
Zeiss no

Lilina mends Milady.
Elphin plays Lilina.
Lilina mends Zeiss. Lilina is almost out of Mends in just this map alone. I might have to use the Trade Armory to get Heals...
Milady and Lance Recue-drop Saul so he is across the bridge.
Shanna finally hits land and drop Roy off. They're in range of Saul in case they get put to sleep.

135_zpskhnujn6q.png
This ends Turn 17.

The northwest cavalry group is provoked.
Sleep Bishop misses Milady.

Turn 18
136_zpsjyn7i0hw.png

Let's see how many Cavaliers Zeiss can get.

Shanna trades her nearly-fresh Iron Sword for Milady's flimsy one and then flies to the south of the west forest.
Lilina mends Shanna from the north.
Roy gets into the forest. It's time for him to do some tanking.
Milady kills off the Bishop with the Iron Sword. She takes no damage from this skirmish.
Elphin plays Igrene.

137_zpsl4yfmps6.png
Milady's up north.

Horseslayer Knight hits Milady. Milady doesn't quite kill him.
Axereaver Knight makes the mistake of facing Milady's Iron Sword. She slays him effortlessly.
Axereaver Cavalier makes the same mistake as the Axereaver Knight and dies.
I guess because Milady got damaged the other Cavaliers are going for her too. Dang. Steel Lance Cavalier dies to her.
Silver Lance Paladin misses Roy. Roy hits back twice.
Javelin Cavalier misses Roy.
Javelin Cavalier misses Roy.

Turn 19
138_zpsrytkrlbp.png

Close to victory theme!

Zeiss kills a Javelin Cavalier with minor damage sustained.
No stealing Elixirs because forgetting. Igrene kills the Paladin while also drawing nearer to Arcardo.
Roy moves out of the way so Milady can rescue her brother.
Lance takes and drops Zeiss closer to Elphin.
Elphin plays Zeiss.
Zeiss kills the Cavalier with no further injuries.
Lilina mends Zeiss.
Shanna's close to a level. I'm thinking of having her test where a secret shop might be and go for the Arena for her level.

There's not much else now except the Knight so I will be fast-forwarding the turns.

139_zpso6g4klmt.png
Zeiss has risen.

140_zpsbirbk7u3.png
Secret shop not here.

141_zpskwca0v5v.png142_zps6mhmkc01.png
Annoy me.
Time for some chip EXP for levels. I'm not sure who should get this kill.
After all, I don't have another Elysian Whip for Zeiss back at the convoy, do I? And even then, I think he could still feast on the unpromoted mooks.

143_zps0zmq74nu.png
Her average stat gains: less than two. Like Clarine. I see patterns.

144_zps49lccjz1.png
Now on par with Shanna's Strength

145_zpsk9r76p9q.png
Well, she did cap Strength
But noooooo Milady

I think Igrene can get the Arcardo kill. She should get just enough EXP to get another level.
Switch to the Killer Bow and not proc a crit but still kill Arcardo.

146_zpsots8fmhs.png147_zpsrw5w1lyk.png
One man of the comedy duo goes down.

Igrene harvests that EXP I said. She gets...

148_zpszqhqxwgx.png
Much better, Igrene. Get more of these.

So while Shanna looks for a possible secret shop, Elphin shall play for EXP. He might get to Level 20.
Milady and Zeiss will rest near each other for a possible support. Hopefully.

149_zpswzsp8axm.png
Elphin gets tough.

At the Armory, I buy pretty much two of everything except the Slims and the Blade. I really can't remember what I needed so I might as well stock up.

150_zpsmremi3yb.png151_zpswgkgfirl.png
This will do.
I tried a lot of squares in the northern area--including searching the northern part of the sea. I gave up afterwards.

152_zpswojbsjx9.png
Bleh, Shanna.

I check if anyone can support. Roy and Lance can but I think I'll stick to Roy/Allen for B. Roy's overall averageness needs power to compliment his own power affinity.
I have Lilina use the last Mend for staff EXP.

It's Turn 31 when I seize.

154_zpsjs4telua.png
Arcardo was a pathetic guy. This was to be expected.

155_zpso5thgmud.png156_zpsi9kteddj.png157_zpsqtyggcc8.png
What do you mean, Roy?

158_zpskhzhqunr.png
Even Merlinus is giving the are? look.

160_zpscgbz7q3o.png161_zpsbe9uiy7m.png
So tiny but within power to unleash a great blade.

164_zpsvuxraznu.png
I see. To the end, Guinivere hoped her brother would come to the light and stop this madness.
It is unfortunately far too late for that hope.

165_zpsiptic7v8.png
Merlinus, do not take my ponderings and make them your own!

166_zpsul2ylhjo.png167_zpsncer4fhk.png168_zpswp9opu7p.png
There is a pretty good reason why that is, Merlinus.

170_zps3kxyawzv.png
I was there--somewhat. He gave the evil face while on a throne, which is as good as a confirmation as anything.

171_zpssblockrz.png172_zpsmbmkqlrc.png173_zpshhfr5cjn.png
Mm! Now won't that be interesting if she did know about Zephiel's patricide.

I did say Hard Mode to try Zeiss out--but nothing banned me from trying him in Normal Mode. I pray he comes out good enough to warrant Elysian Whip investment.
Zeiss wipes his mouth from the EXP feast as we set off to the frozen land of Ilia.
But as for the next post, I might go back to the alternate run to finally do Chapter 11 alternate.

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         20.00    34     15      16      16      16       7      10
Allen      Paladin       6.47    46     20      19      20      11      13       5
Lance      Paladin       3.03    41     15      15      24      11       9       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight   7.15    38(+7) 15      20      26      22       8      10
Rutger     Swordmaster   4.51    43     16      24      23       7      10       6
Saul       Priest       20.00    29     11      14      16       4       3      15
Lilina     Sage          7.83    31     26      11      17      13       6      18
Astore     Thief        16.26    31      8      10      17      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper        5.00    36     18      19      17       9      11      10
Elphin     Bard         19.70    26      1       3      20      24       6       8
Geese      Berserker     2.27    49     18      17      14      11      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord  10.09    51     25      21      20       8      16       6
Zeiss      Wyvern Rider 18.01    35     20      16      12       8      13       3

Reset: 7
Lost: 4
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen
Edited by Dual Dragons

I'm going to assume you don't want spoiled Secret shop locations

I'm very jealous of your Miledy, as mine was super trash last time I played :ccccccccccccc

Zeiss is a great husbando keep using him

I'M DUMB OKAY I DIDN'T THINK YOU WOULD POST PART 2 ALREADY ;_;

Edited by Sophie

If they're in chapters I did/posted, you're welcome to spoil them. :) But yeah, I'm not anticipating getting any secret shops for this run :(

Always love when my Wyvern Riders turn out excellent.

I'll keep using him as long as he turns out good and I can get a hold on another Elysian Whip. If the siblings could support, this would be golden.

I just binged through pretty much your entire LP up to now, and I have to say, I'm impressed

Really looking forward to the rest of it!

FE6 LPs are the best LPs

Thanks! And you posted all the way back near the first page. Welcome back!

I hope to not disappoint you in the future. 8')

Edit: Dang it. I thought I hit the edit button on my earlier post.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Well.. let's just say this game has the least amount of secret shops out of all the Fire Emblem games. (pretty sure)

I think you'll be able to find the next one if you have a keen eye.

I'm probably 100 years late but your Roy besides being kinda fragile is actually pretty good.

I await the final results of him.

I also have faith in you getting the last gaidens, you pretty much did the last dumb gaiden requirement (Douglas) so I have faith.

Zeiss looks like he's doing a fine job for himself right now, and his speed will get fixed somewhat by FE6's outrageous promotion bonuses. Bulky fliers (or fliers in general, I really love my fliers) are always good in FE games!

Your Shanna has really dropped off after promotion, huh :( She does tend to be rather hit or miss for me, depending on how much she procs strength. Still, she's always useful for her 8mov, flier utility, and awesome dodge stats

Shove speedwings into Zeiss and Energy drop into Shanna and your asskicking squad shall take flight! (Miledy is so good that she doesn't need no stat boosters.)

Edited by momogeek2141

And the one we still won't talk about because this is supposed to be a blind run? (Tbh I have no idea of what you're talking about.

dont worry man I gotchu. I'll make you a code in java

public class hint
{
  public static void main(String[]args)
  {
    System.out.println("This will print the chapter number");

int a = 9;
    int b = 10;
    int c;

a + b = c;

if(c != 21)
    {
      c + 2;
    }

System.out.println(c);
   }
}

if you need another hint, just holla at ya boi

also USE ZIESS HES ALSO MY NIGGA

YO NOONE TALK SHIT ABOUT MA NIGGAS. At least you guys didnt do ziess like you did :Hugh:

Edited by Ghengis Khan

Well.. let's just say this game has the least amount of secret shops out of all the Fire Emblem games. (pretty sure)

I'm probably 100 years late but your Roy besides being kinda fragile is actually pretty good.

I also have faith in you getting the last gaidens, you pretty much did the last dumb gaiden requirement (Douglas) so I have faith.

I see. That doesn't bode well for me.

Yes! Apparently he's been doing well except Defense, I would guess. Fucking Res Bus Roy.

Hopefully he won't taper off after promotion like Shanna seems to have...

Thanks. Because, believe you me, if I couldn't find Chapter 16's gaiden, I don't know what I would have done. I consider Chapter 16 and the Fog of War desert chapter the hardest gaiden requirement chapters so far even if you're not aiming for the gaiden.

Zeiss looks like he's doing a fine job for himself right now, and his speed will get fixed somewhat by FE6's outrageous promotion bonuses. Bulky fliers (or fliers in general, I really love my fliers) are always good in FE games!

Your Shanna has really dropped off after promotion, huh :( She does tend to be rather hit or miss for me, depending on how much she procs strength. Still, she's always useful for her 8mov, flier utility, and awesome dodge stats

I forgot about FE6's ridiculous promotion gains. Haha.

Apparently so, sadly. Such high expectations when she got the four Strength procs in a row, now shattered post-promotion. But...

Shove speedwings into Zeiss and Energy drop into Shanna and your asskicking squad shall take flight! (Miledy is so good that she doesn't need no stat boosters.)

This is what I may do, as well as give Geese the Secret Book(s). I agree with Milady not needing stat boosters--except maybe Boots. I love my Milady x Boots ship so far.

@Genghis Khan: If people recommend a Wyvern Rider, I shall do as they say--guaranteed. The bias is strong with this one.

I kept saying "Chapter 10," forgetting I did Chapter 10. That's just proof of how long it's been since I did the last alternate chapter!

Let's rectify that.

*Okay... so... there were a few restarts on this chapter, and a couple were pretty far in as far as actual progress is concerned. Since I want this Alternate post to only be that--a post--I've cut out the level ups from the earlier attempts.

*So much editing of images just to get this to under 100 pics. Accursed system.

[spoiler=Alternate 3 - *My Problem Chapter*]

Roy pens another letter to Cecilia about Isles attrocities and what he plans to do after hearing from Lalum.

4_zps9essfcct.png

Here's our target. Time to rescue some poor, unfortunate souls.

6_zps27wxicls.png

You mean Windham?--

Well I guess technically Orlo would be the first if I went this route.

His face still doesn't spell good things for me.

Alternate Chapter 11 reminds me of main Chapter 10. Why?

11_zpspud4w7sa.png

Lots of red houses. Also, the goal point is in the same location as the main Chapter 10's.

Also, take note of the points on the walls with two dark squares in the north and south. Those are 100 HP walls that can provide shortcuts to the boss and to the south houses. They would take a while to take down unless you use a bunch of units.

What's cool about this Chapter 11?

12_zpsorteqflq.png

Another Arena. So do people take this route because: 1) better village item (Killing Edge > Restore), 2) better Gonzales and, 3) Arena?

In this screenshot is also the only Armory and Vendor.

13_zpsw3lkpu6j.png

Here's some wierd forts. You may have noticed them on the mini-map I showed before though it might be hard to see. There's only these two. Now why would they be caverns in the mountains?

I think I should investigate this.

So in terms of enemy classes...

15_zps8duyoxvn.png16_zpst8my2xmr.png17_zpssu02nfcg.png

The variety is limited. Most of them are Fighters without special equipment.

There's a Halberd Fighter near the southern houses past the wall--which makes sense, since you may like to send a Cavalier down there to clear those houses.

Nothing is special about the Shamans. For the Archers, there's a Killer Bow one and a couple or so Longbow users. Shin's getting some use here against the Archers and Shamans.

How is Orlo, our boss?

18_zpswfcfvy8i.png19_zpsg8k3pzse.png

To put the high Magic into perspective, the three current highest Res units that I'm using: Lilina (11), Shanna (8), Jerrot (7). All others that can attack at this point: 1-2.

At most he can attack for 22 damage. Wow.

His Speed's not that bad either. That's pure Speed. His Divine isn't heavy enough.

I think I'll have fun.

22_zpsspbf3qn8.png

Here's a couple odd choices I made.

Fir - I feel Karel is here

Lot - if this chapter is like main's Chapter 10, then Lot is needed to get the other Swordreaver

I'm going to be very careful with Fir since she might explode even on a Fighter.

23_zpspvsmd5w5.png

I have a plan for Shin to get to those bow-users early.

As for the south houses, I think Lance and Fir will be going down there, Fir via Rescue-ferrying.

Let's defeat Windham 0.5.

24_zpsqgbk8kno.png

I finally remember that Echidna may show up here because Lalum mentioned her last chapter.

So maybe she's the Hero of the West? That would make sense, actually...

25_zps3gefe9of.png

I get you in Chapter 13.

You guys, you don't even know how excited I am even though I've had her before.

It's the curse of the ones who love Wyvern Riders!

Orlo tells her that they searched the entire Isles but couldn't find Guinivere. Milady has to take her searching elsewhere.

Soldier comes up asking if Orlo told Guinivere about the princess.

34_zps7sp1jn47.png

YOU

YOU'RE THE REASON I CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS EARLY

I'LL END YOU

Roartz is the reason Orlo doesn't talk about Guinivere. Apparently Roartz was happy to hear Guinivere is in Aquelia.

36_zpsglsnaubm.png

guys do you know who Myrddin is

i don't know who Myrddin is

I will get Perceval this time, mark my words

I also like how Orlo describes the glint as "evil" in a normal conversation.

Another thing: the assassination is mentioned earlier, I think, compared to the main run

I don't get this route split! First the ballistae explanation, Gonzales' lower level but same stats, and the assassination being mentioned earlier.

I can't comprehend why the developers did it this way!

So why did the Soldier come to Orlo if not for court gossip?

39_zps8r1n49fp.png

Echidna's in trouble! This Soldier came to get instructions on the attack.

41_zpscibsqvvy.png

Us, the unpleasant interruption, incoming: one cutscene later.

42_zpstipr5o9j.png

I totally guessed that cutscene was about to end.

Lalum confirms Roy's assumption but states the village may already be under attack.

Merlinus smacktalks about Orlo since he's supposed to be a Bishop but instead tortures people. Merlinus is being tolerable for once.

Roy wants to wait for Cecilia's reply but...

48_zpsjzrhstnc.png

This is why we should hurry up. No time for responses. Hop to it!

Turn 1 enemy positions

54_zpscjthmy50.png

You can see our newest recruit!

55_zpsd96bjsnj.png

Uh...

Lalum, not a very good face there.

Not much to say on the stats other than she's a speedy Dancer.

One complaint: she doesn't come with another Angelic Robe like Elphin does. What's up with that? Do I get one in this chapter or something?

Let's enact the plan with Shin I said earlier.

First, Lilina moves out of the way.

Shin equips the Iron Bow and moves to where Lilina was.

Clarine and Shanna work together to Rescue-Drop Shin across the wall. Ha! He's now in range of the northern Archer. Shanna moves two spaces south, which is out of range of either Archer.

Fir moves next to Lance so he can rescue her and take her towards the southern houses.

Lalum dances Lilina. Hey, it's that theme that plays in FE7's support augury!

57_zpsmuqhe57x.png

Hearts. Hearts in my Fire Emblem games.

What even is...

58_zps5xyia6jw.png

Lot's going to end up to Saul's northeast. Notice Roy being next to Lalum, Lilina! This ends Turn 1.

Milady shows up again with Gale to talk about Guinivere's disappearance and Milady's search for her. No no, game. Take your teasing elsewhere.

Milady goes over that Guinivere's not with us.

During the explanation, Gale says about getting additional assistance from Narcian, of which Milady asks Gale that he's going to bow to Narcian. Gale's like of course because Narcian is one of the Wyvern Generals.

Milady asks that doesn't it frustrate Gale about bending to Narcian. It would frustrate me. Narcian can fuck off for all the atrocities he was about to do to Clarine and Cecilia.

You guys remember when Narcian flipped his shit when Gale became his replacement as Wyvern General?

67_zpsxkw1vfpt.png68_zpsntz6xgfm.png

Wow! Look at all this backstory I never got in the main run!

Gale says nothing could have been done by the fact he was not from Bern that he couldn't have the Wyvern General position, but it's good enough now that Zephiel and Murdock trust him as much as they do though he's not a Bern-native. To ask any more would be greedy.

God why is Gale so... cool.

They leave.

Steel Axe Fighter misses Allen. Allen kills on counter.

So that Fighter has exact Attack to kill Lilina but he has 36 hit chance. Is Lilina going to die?

75_zpsop3gwj6l.png

Yeah.

Okay. Let's try that again. This time, Lilina will be in range of the Fighter while also getting support bonus from Roy.

Does she die this time? Nope. The game was trolling me. The RN average was between 29 and 36. Lilina crit-kills him.

Archer takes up the Vendor Avoid boost and misses Shin. I didn't see Shin doesn't have enough Attack to kill with an Iron Bow but he does get two shots in.

Turn 2

79_zpsrymstijz.png

Gotta get rid of those Archers if I want to cross the walls.

I have Shin take the Arena for Avoid bonus. He takes out his Longbow and shoots at the Iron Bow Archer. He kills on the first shot. Thanks, Shin! He now has C bows.

With Lilina's new HP, she could survive an attack from that Fighter. Saul heals Lilina.

Lalum dances Roy for EXP.

80_zpspngldhmd.png

Allen headed south with his Javelin to counter the Shaman. Hopefully the Fighter goes for Lilina.

Lance is out of range of any fighting on this turn.

Steel Axe Fighter misses Lilina. Hot damn, she's on a roll with another crit-kill!

Shaman misses Allen. Allen misses one of his throws but does soften up the Shaman for someone else to kill.

Longbow Archer takes up the Vendor and doesn't get Shin. Shin gets lucky with his two shots lodged into the Archer.

Turn 3

81_zps6xkxdw7l.png

Get off my Vendor, you filthy Archer.

Dumb south Archer is dumb. He's a Longbow Archer that's in range of my Javelin Allen.

But Allen can't kill the Archer. I miss my Paladin Allen already...

Lilina takes out the Shaman. I might want to move her out of the way of the Longbow Archer. Lilina's close to leveling.

Shin tells that one Archer to GTFO of my Vendor with his Iron Bow.

Rutger can take of the Archer in the forest. Lalum dances him. He has to take out the Archer with his Steel Sword but taking out his does.

I may have some plans for Roy and Rutger. Roy gets Rescue-dropped across the wall by Clarine and Shanna.

Allen claims the house. It's a girl trying to sell staves to us. She at first thinks she met us... but then retracts it and thinks it's her imagination. Allen is implied to say no to her merchandise.

The girl gives us a sample to entice us to buy more. It's a free Restore for me.

88_zpsz50xegwv.png

I couldn't find a good way to get Shin in the shot. He's to the southeast of the Vendor's entrance.

Lance moves in that spot to end Turn 3.

Oh boy. A whole bunch of Fighters caught Shin's scent and want him and his horse on their mantle...

Longbow Archer hits Lilina.

Turn 4

89_zpsomjg4b5o.png

That, my friends, is a lot of enemies wanting to kill Shin. But let's see if he can't benefit from those enemies using Roy and Rutger.

*Future Me: In Turn 3, I had Rutger also across the wall with his Steel Sword equipped and in range of the closest Fighter. On Turn 4, there was one less Fighter; and, the end result of Turn 4 had Rutger and Shin tank the enemies using the alley to the Vendor, with Shin eventually getting on the Vendor for Avoid boost.

*Future Me: Roy wasn't across that wall in the successful run. Roy was bad even for chipping.

Saul heals Lilina.

Lilina takes some damage from the Longbow Archer again--his hit is 46 so I don't know what's up. Lilina is guaranteed his death.

With an Iron Sword, Lance will still die to the Halberd Fighter if he manages to hit. What I'm going to try is having Allen in range to give support boosts to Lance.

Rutger equips the Iron Sword and gets picked up by Shanna.

Lalum dances Shanna.

Shanna drops Rutger across the wall and heads towards the east houses.

Clarine heals Lilina.

91_zpsbiz0gpuu.png

Shin moves onto the Arena. The only enemy that can get him from there is a Hand Axe Fighter. I have him equip the Steel Bow in the random but unlikely chance the Fighter does go for him.

Steel Axe Fighter misses Roy. Roy counters with two slashes.

Halberd Fighter has a 7 hit chance on Lance. He doesn't bank on it. Lance hits him twice.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Rutger.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Roy.

Turn 5

92_zpsuezuvrqj.png

Now this is a glorious sight.

Roy can provide being a distraction for the Hand Axe Fighter that tried to get him before.

*Future Me: It was either Turn 5 or Turn 6 when most of these enemies were gone thanks to Rutger's Steel Sword and Shin's contribution.

Shanna rescues Roy and moves in range of Lalum's dancing. Shanna then punches as far east at a point where she drops off Roy in range of the Fighter and continues east.

Lilina can take out the Halberd Fighter. She does so with no complications.

Lance gets a house. A civilian laments that they can't even touch the enemy. He wants us to help them out in their stead. His payment is an Orion's Bolt. Sweet. If Shin could get to Level 20 this map, I could have my first promoted unit on this team.

Clarine visits a house. An old man thinks we're a part of the resistance force but Clarine explains what we're really here for. He's willing to help us out anyways and gives us a Dragonshield (of which I never recalled it WAS called Dragonshield in FE7, whoops!).

95_zpseweaqco7.png

It's getting hard to show who's who.

That's Allen to Saul's west. The two off-screen characters east, from left to right: Roy and Shanna.

Rutger's equipped with the Iron Sword to soften up Fighters. Begin onslaught!

Geese has a Hand Axe equipped in the chance that he is needed to help out Rutger. Shanna could pick him up next turn and drop him off across the wall after Lalum dances her.

Begin onslaught!

97_zpsgnme9vk1.png

Not this again...

Orlo gets all, "I SPEAK FOR GODS, HOLIER-THAN-THOU," on the Soldier who wonders what if the public heard about this.

101_zpsoxlz7fsm.png

OH CRAP

CLARINE'S NOT CLOSE TO THERE

It's the same dialogue as main Chapter 10.

Klain and his group are honing in on Shanna and Roy. MVOIAMOROWIEROAPWER

Rutger kills a weakened Fighter. His weapon rank goes up.

After a Steel Axe Fighter misses Rutger, Rutger softens him up. DELICIOUS SHIN EXP INCOMING

Rutger cuts up another Fighter for Shin's EXP.

Rutger dodges a Hand Axe Fighter's throw.

Turn 6

104_zps4qokqovn.png

Okay, actually, Clarine is kind of close to her brother. I was anticipating he wouldn't move like last time...

Lalum can dance Clarine and Clarine can recruit her brother. Good.

First though I want to see if Roy can get rid of the Fighter so that Klain's unit shouldn't try to kill themselves on the Fighter. That or have Klain take out the Fighter and have the unit stay put.

Lalum dances Clarine.

Clarine recruits Klain. It's the same conversation--but now it makes a little more sense when he says she looks sharper. Sharper on her feet! After that little talk, Clarine moves a bit east.

Roy breaks into his new Rapier so the other one won't break. Does he get a crit on the Fighter? Indeed he does! That ends the Fighter.

It's time for Shin to take up the Armory for Avoid boosts and sniping! He kills a Fighter.

I have Geese attack the Fighter across the wall with his Hand Axe. He misses twice on 62 hit chances. Geese...

It's not like I can save this Steel Axe Fighter for later so Rutger finishes him off.

Lance visits the other southern house. A woman there tells us her story of her brother and a dusty Axereaver. Her foolish brother died with this. She gives us the Axereaver.

Shanna visits the most eastern house. A man tells us that the Sleep staff he has to give to Orlo was bought with the money that he takes from them. To stop Orlo, he gives us said staff. I shall end Orlo in the name of justice!

110_zpsuazdrqum.png

Showing off the more important units. Saul will move east to end Turn 6. Klain has to head north to intercept Tate...

111_zpsqnqgqh3d.png

OH NO

THERE'S STILL THAT VILLAGE IN THE TOP-RIGHT AREA

Rutger does what I wanted him not to do. He crit-kills a Fighter.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Rutger.

Steel Bow Archer hits Rutger. Crap...

Hand Axe Fighter misses Geese. Geese retaliates with success.

Hand Axe Fighter goes for Shin. Huh. I had Shin switch back to the Iron Bow so he doesn't get to kill.

Killer Bow Archer doesn't get Shin's blood on his hands. Shin hits back twice.

Soldier comes up to let us know about the Brigands. SHUT UP AND LET ME DO MY JOB OF INTERCEPTING THEM

Turn 7

113_zps00wu8cor.png

Please god I hope they prioritize attacking me over villages.

Klain, use your face to distract the north Brigand!

Lalum plays Allen.

Allen dodges a Steel Axe to the face while hitting the Brigand twice.

Roy needs to be a distraction for the Brigand so the Brigand can't attack Klain's unit.

Shin kills the Killer Bow Archer. 3 EXP from leveling!

Saul physics Rutger.

Shanna visits a house, where a kid explains why he has to take tribute to the castle or else the village will get burned down. Since we're not oppressive people, he gives us the 5000G instead.

116_zps4iwnbmlz.png

Sorry to my southern units. The north area is of more importance right now.

Ending Turn 7

117_zpsklz5cir1.png

Okay Tate. Just pop up where I used to be.

She's already on my good side for NOT popping up near the boss or where the reinforcements are.

It's the same dialogue from the main Chapter 10.

Roy dodges the Steel Axe Brigand. He then crits with a 4 crit chance. Silly Roy. That wasn't necessary.

Klain successfully distracts the Brigand. He even dodges the Brigand.

Tate's unit on the move!

Hand Axe Brigand misses Rutger.

Steel Bow Archer misses Rutger.

Hand Axe Fighter and Geese trade blows.

Shaman doesn't get Rutger. Rutger banks on his 7 crit chance and ends the Shaman in a flash. HUUUURGH 1 EXP from leveling.

Turn 8

118_zpslmhqrttj.png

Shanna needs to intercept Tate fast.

Klain gets rid of the Brigand.

Geese doesn't kill the Fighter. He gets hit back. Dang...

Saul physics Geese.

Shin switches to the Longbow and ends the weakened Fighter.

I think the best way to get Shanna to Tate is to also try to get Lalum up there as well. How shall I do this?

Lalum plays Allen.

Allen and Shanna Rescue-Drop Lalum so now she's further north.

Clarine heals Roy.

I have Lance Rescue-ferry Fir because I can.

120_zpsdnlzibaa.png

Can I get Tate with little difficulties?

121_zpsocy5dgrp.png

Uh what

Nonononono!!!

123_zpss5myufxr.png

oshitisthatahero

hi echidna, rare gba female hero

now if you could take care of these guys right here before they get to the Archers or my healers, i would appreciate that

The man who was sheltering her apologizes since the enemy was threatening his family. Echidna's all, "I got this."

A Soldier's all like, "Surrender peacefully and Father Orlo may have mercy on you." He says this to Echidna. Except he doesn't go for Echidna.

129_zpsjcs8yl6c.png

Damn

Okay... So Turn 8 enemy phase is Echidna/suprirse!Fighters. Duly noted.

Fast-forwarding.

137_zpshoazv5ym.png

This time, I had Allen rescue Roy and Lalum play Allen. Lalum was Rescue-Dropped by Shanna and Clarine further away from where the ambush spawn should be.

If I didn't block their way before, I think I should be safe to play Allen to the southeast of the house and drop Roy north for distraction.

I hope not one of the Archers dies... because I did end up blocking a Fighter's spawn spot because an Archer took it up. I didn't have anyone else left to rescue the Archer so...

Hand Axe Fighter goes for Lilina. Lilina shakes as she gets hit. She doesn't have enough Speed to double this guy.

Hand Axe Fighter goes for Roy. The idiots!

Tate's group incoming.

Steel Bow Archer misses Rutger.

139_zpsujrhopmk.png

Rare female Hero in action. Dem stats. She easily slaughters that guy.

The Klain's Archers outright ignore the Fighters. Those are some smart Archers!

Turn 9

140_zpsycn6wlzv.png

Tate did the stupid and stayed put. Fucking Tate. Now I can't reach her even if I have Lalum dance Shanna.

I do have a spot I think Shanna can draw in Tate and not be able to kill Tate's unit. Let's see.

I also try to have Roy talk to Echidna. Echidna cannot be talked. Maybe I should talk to her with Lalum?

*Future Me: In the successful run, I had Shanna just in range of one of Tate's Javelin units from the south. I easily got Tate that time. Following turn, Shanna rescued Tate so Tate's units wouldn't attack the Cavalier reinforcements.

Lalum dances Shanna.

Saul physics Rutger.

Lance kills the Fighter Lilina weakened.

Clarine places herself on the village and waits. I'm hoping she dodgetanks Tate's unit.

Rutger softens up the Archer.

Shin kills the Archer with an Iron Bow bolt.

Roy slashes at the Fighter once without getting damaged.

Allen charges in to finish off the Fighter.

Lilina visits the 5000G house. No more old houses.

I didn't see that Lalum would be in range of the Shaman. I have Klain rescue her out of danger.

142_zps6syyp7zm.png

I hate this map and the one similar to it.

Lot moves north to end Turn 9.

143_zpswjg1wtwa.png

I swear...

Orlo gets a message that we're here and that we're responsible for Nord's death. We're betraying Etruria in their eyes.

And more reinforcements are coming. Wonderful. Orlo wants to get rid of us before the reinforcements arrive.

Tate hits her sister. Crap...

Steel Lance Pegasus Knight misses Shanna. Thanks to Shanna pretty much never getting Strength, she doesn't have the Attack to finish off any of Tate's units.

Clarine tests out her dodgetanking capabilities. Pegasus Knight miss: one

Javelin Pegasus Knight misses Shanna.

Clarine Pegasus Knight miss: two.

Turn 10

146_zpskv63uy3y.png

I swear if anyone dies at this point...

Shanna talks to Tate to become allies. Now all I need to do is have Klain talk to her and I can get my Elysian Whip and Orion's Bolt.

Lot takes and drops Lalum off.

Saul physics Shanna.

Clarine barriers an Archer that is in range of the Shaman.

Shin goes to the Armory.

149_zpsmgzm3qvq.png150_zps4v2jss6l.png

Missing in the screenshots is a Steel Bow.

Really now? A Killer Axe and no other Killers in sight? That's interesting.

I think I'll a buy a couple of the following: Iron Lances, Javelins, Iron Axes, Killer Axes, Hand Axes. Then I'll buy one of: Steel Axes, Iron Bows, Steel Bows.

152_zpst1yigcp3.png

Please... no more... hecticness...

Cavalier reinforcements from the area I started at. Oi... at least they're very far away. They're moving in.

Shaman misses Klain in direct combat.

TATE NO SHE WENT BACK TO ATTACK THE CAVALIERS FUCK

Klain's unit is... retreating? Now that's different.

TATE'S UNIT IS ATTACKING THEM. FUCK NO

Turn 11

I got so frustrated with what happened I didn't take a beginning turn snapshot. Just. FUCK.

Shanna can't even rescue her sister and return to the other side of the wall. THANKS, TATE.

Lalum can talk to Echidna. There's the recruitment theme.

Echidna wouldn't know what to say to Elphin if something happened to Lalum.

Lalum apologizes to Echidna about not being able to warn her in time. Echidna's being a cool sister and says it's not Lalum's fault. And here I am too preoccupied thinking about how to deal with Tate and the Cavaliers she was stupid enough to attack.

Echidna asks who we are and Lalum answers for us, adding in that we rescued her.

158_zpshwxwpzaj.png

Join my team. Makes my life a little more simpler.

I send Echidna over the wall with Clarine and Shanna's help.

Klain misses one his 92 hit chance against the Shaman. I'M FUCKING DONE RIGHT NOW WITH YOUR SHIT, KLAIN.

Lot misses ending the Shaman in the 40s hit range. Fucking...

At the Vendor with Rutger...

159_zpstfjm0x4s.png160_zpsv3cfcjzo.png

I'll get two Lightnings, a Heal, a few Door Keys, and one set of Chest Keys.

It'd be a miracle if Tate or her unit could survive right now.

Saul heals a Tate unit just because.

I don't think providing an ending turn screenshot's going to matter.

Lalum dodges the Shaman. Yes. I left her in the Shaman's range even though she could have died. It's not like Tate or her unit are going to survive either.

162_zpsc2rcmrgg.png

brb punching a wall

Now that the wall got painted with my blood ow that hurt

LET'S RECTIFY THIS NOW THAT I KNOW FIR ISN'T NEEDED

I've replaced Jerrot with Fir. Jerrot's going to take Lance's position to visit the south houses since there's little EXP there.

FAST-FORWARD ONCE MORE

165_zpswyz58wct.png

I will murder you all

RESTART, FAST-FORWARD, REPEAT

*Future Me: And now you get level up screenshots because this is the successful run. Whoo!

167_zpsue7gxpsq.png

Defense on Mage. But you need Speed.

168_zps8szh4w7r.png

Took all that effort to raise Strength, I guess.

169_zpsrlmopcse.png

More offensive parameters would be nice too, Allen.

Klain finally gets to talk to Tate and hopefully KEEP HER OUT OF TROUBLE

grumble grumble

170_zpsz9mlsqkv.png171_zpsen4llxeq.png

Eesh, Rutger. At least you got more Strength and more Luck for your bad Luck.

172_zpsbgngu096.png

Best level up so far.

173_zpsq34kqenx.png

Typical Nomad stats.

174_zpsdxmrqo2q.png

Please no, Lilina. Don't avoid Speed. It's good for you.

175_zpsk1aetn6x.png

Pretty good level up.

176_zpsshaqz5lh.png

There's the offensive parameters.

I'm going to be honest: at a certain point, I got very frustrated and tired that I forgot quite a bit of screenshots (the new beginning/ending turn shots) and/or didn't write down context until Turn 12. Some because I was catching up to the turn I left on, some because emotions. My apologies.

I think this chapter and the one equivalent to it are my problem chapters, like the pirate ship chapter of FE7. Despite knowing what I need to do, something always goes wrong for me. Proof is in the restarts I've shown...

This is Turn 10, I believe. Rutger visits the top-left village. A little girl gives us a Speedwings. I could give this to Lilina but I wonder if she's a lost cause at this point.

178_zpswue56ftv.png

Roy here got hit by those Fighters that came out for Echidna, I think. He was down to three or so HP. Thankfully he dodged the other attacks.

Clarine keeps on a-truckin' with her dodgetank stats. WHERE WAS THIS CLARINE?!

179_zps9txeysgg.png

I rerecruited Echidna and realized I didn't screenshot her stats before.

Wow look at those stats. Defensive stats are kind of flimsy but she's a Hero. They're not really known for defensive stats.

She's looking like a good member for my team--provided I can find a spot for her.

Turn 11

180_zpsu9l3fgyu.png

Got back to the Cavalier reinforcement part, now with Tate recruited and far away from the reinforcements. Her unit shouldn't go after them now.

I tell that Shaman to piss off for attacking Klain's unit. Shin dodges the Shaman's Flux and kills him where he stands.

All those Cavaliers are lance Cavaliers, meaning I could send someone with an axe to counter them. Let's see. Who would be fit for the job?

Geese on a forest should work. I'll just try to send him over the wall and counter those guys.

Lot visits the last house. An old woman tells us of how Orlo takes away their hopes and dreams. She gives us an Angelic Robe Lalum should have had. Nice.

Clarine heals Allen.

Allen and Tate do a Rescue-Drop so Geese is over that wall.

Lalum dances Clarine. Lalum gets her first level up!

183_zpsarvukldo.png

Bad clingy girl

Clarine heals Roy.

184_zps0klkazjr.png

I moved the last unit so this is the screenshot I got at the end of Turn 11

Those Cavaliers are backtracking to get to Geese.

And Tate and Klain's units have retreated successfully. GOOD. STAY OUT OF TROUBLE, YOU GUYS.

Turn 12

185_zps5qrrka75.png

The closest Cavalier to Geese is a Killer Lance one, of which, even in a forest and have WTA, Geese could die to if it procs a crit. Mm...

I might have an idea.

Allen makes sure to equip the Iron Lance before Shanna picks him up.

Lalum dances Shanna.

Shanna drops off Allen just in range of the Killer Lance Cavalier.

Lance places himself in a way to give Allen support bonus. That should be 11 Defense for Allen, which is just enough for him to survive a crit.

Clarine heals Lalum.

Jerrot, Tate, and Shin with his Killer Bow Rescue-Drop Saul now with everyone else. For his Canto, Shin moves in range of the boss.

186_zpszc7umhsg.png

Let's see how this works. Ending Turn 12.

More Brigand reinforcements?... Okay. I thought we were done with those but sure.

Killer Lance Cavalier misses Allen. Allen doesn't have enough Speed to double but he gets his hit in.

Hand Axe Brigand and Hand Axe Lot have a dodge party.

187_zpsizge1iwi.png188_zps1brb9dkp.png

I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOUR CHAPTER

BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT

Orlo and Shin miss each other.

Turn 13

189_zps2m8k5ge5.png

Cavalier T-formation.

Jerrot softens up the Brigand with his Iron Sword.

Allen hits the Killer Lance Cavalier one more time. Now Geese can get this kill.

Shanna and Lance Rescue-Drop Allen back with everyone else.

Lalum dances Lilina.

Now Lilina can attack from the other side of the Brigand. If she attacked from the east side, any incoming Brigand from that fort could get on the peak. Lilina finishes the Brigand.

Shin and Orlo are accurate with their attack. Shin doesn't get his crit off.

Clarine heals Saul.

Saul heals Shin. Shin can tank another Divine.

190_zpsjxxgtxhf.png

I think I will be fast-forwarding to more important matters. I will be power-leveling, considering the trouble I had with this map...

More Brigands.

Killer Lance Cavalier doesn't hit Geese at 37 hit chance. Geese slays the Cavalier.

Hand Axe Brigand and Lilina hit each other.

Orlo and Shin and their dodge parties.

Iron Lance Cavalier misses Geese. Geese counters successfully.

Another miss from an Iron Lance Cavalier. Geese doesn't get his 80 hit chance in.

Two Javelin Cavaliers have little chance to hit Geese. They don't hit.

Turn 14

191_zpsfdebea8r.png

So let's fast-forward again...

192_zpsmxeaoizc.png

Every point of Skill matters, bud.

193_zpsn8udgxmn.png

Some more Speed would be appreciated.

194_zpsimid2ezl.png

So why did I give the boss kill to Shin? I want him promoted sooner and I can't seem to calculate FE6's Bishop EXP correctly. Shin levels up.

195_zpst5gsgcxn.png

Shin, Nomad's aren't known for Defense... But I do appreciate the sentiment. I would like for you to get more Strength soon.

196_zpsl9mcjnyb.png

Oi, Lance.

197_zpsbmwjkpmi.png

Good level. Clarine can heal that.

198_zps2ahet6w8.png

Oh come on, Geese.

199_zpsutxzxv34.png

pls no proto-micaiah

200_zpstlrn7ouu.png

Pirates and Speed are a thing, Geese.

Shin's opponent for the Arena is a Level 14 Flux Shaman. I'm pretty sure I should win this.

But I will be mashing my X (B) button in the case he is able to be two-rounded after getting hit. I am not risking another restart.

Shin doens't get hit and he wins. What does he get for his level?

203_zpszg2mbumj.png

Streeeength pleeeeeease

204_zps0xi1gxmr.png

COVET EVERY SINGLE MAGIC POINT, CLARINE

205_zpsagh6obji.png

The fuck you doing with Shin's Strength, Lalum?

Geese's opponent for the Arena is a Level 17 Iron Lance Knight.

This opponent is tough, Geese, but you should be fine... right?

208_zpswbljn6q4.png

Good job, Geese. You didn't get hit in your match but Clarine can heal that.

Lilina's opponent for the Arena is a Level 14 Flux Shaman.

Welp. I might be pulling out, but try your best, Lilina.

She didn't do so well. There weren't any other good offers though so I'll try again. At least it gives something for Clarine to heal.

Lilina's second opponent for the Arena is a Level 10 Flux Shaman. Maybe you'll do better this time?

She still doesn't double this one. Dang, Lilina... I miss my main one so much now.

But that actually wasn't enough. The Shaman was just one level too weak for her to level up.

She didn't get hit at all so I have Clarine barrier her for the next match.

Lilina's third opponent for the Arena is a Level 13 Soldier.

This might not end so well.

Lilina doesn't get hit and she is able to double the Soldier. Like... everyone else can. Sure, Lilina.

215_zpsyfvsldmp.png

SPEED, WOMAN. I NEED SPEED.

I can't tell if you're just a lost cause at this rate.

It's Turn 28 when Roy seizes.

216_zps5pip8ijx.png

AGHHHHH THIS MAP

Elphin has the same conversation with Roy as before.

For saving all the villages, I get a Hero's Crest.

For keeping all of Klain's units alive, I get another Orion's Bolt. In the main Chapter 10, the allies attacked enemies even if Klain/Tate was recruited. I wonder why this was changed--but it made keeping them alive A LOT easier.

I only need one Orion's Bolt but I'll gladly take the second one.

For keeping all of Tate's units alive, here's another Elysian Whip. Because of how Strength-screwed Shanna got (I rechecked; she never got Strength in her seven levels ffs) and that I'm trying not to get the Ilian route on this file, I think Shanna and Tate are not getting promoted... unless you guys think I should try Tate.

Oi... this map.

My overall thoughts on this route and the other route:

I honestly think the alternate run's route is better. Better village item, better Gonzales, better promoted unit, and better placement of Tate/Klain. Yes, the Brigands being near the villages very quickly is terrible if you don't bum-rush; but, at least in Normal Mode, if you can get Klain in the turn following when he appears and have him move north, you can prevent the north village being taken.

You don't get the Swordreaver and Speedwings in the villages for bringing Lot/Wade, but that could also be a good thing. You don't have to use a deployment slot just to get those items, and you don't get punished for not taking either of them by giving you a Door Key.

And I don't know what is with the alternate run's route, but it gives explanation to the player about Gale's backstory, the ballistae, and--I think--an earlier mention of Myrddin's assassination. Which, again, to me this doesn't make sense on a gameplay/narrative standpoint when the condition for the route isn't based on something that advanced players could do but a beginner is not likely to get, like ranking or turn count. It's just pick a village.

As far as recruitment goes, the way alternate run's route does it is more lenient.

In Chapter 10

- Geese is in a village close to the player, and Geese's AI goes towards the player instead of facing enemies.

- Gonzales is close to the boss. He is set to attack a village but the sole village is the same one as the one Geese came out of. It takes Gonzales longer to get to that village.

In Chapter 11

- Klain appears to the southeast, same as main Chapter 10. Your land units (like Clarine) are likely to go on the path towards Klain. In main Chapter 10, Klain's appearance is in an area which is counterintuitive when you're heading towards the boss.

- Tate appears to the northwest and where you started, unlike in main Chapter 10 where she appears towards your goal point to the northeast. Since your group is likely to be in the middle/to the southeast by the time Tate comes, Tate is likely to come towards Klain; whereas, you are trying to protect the northwest villages in main Chapter 10, so she is going to attack in that area, away from Klain's group. If I recall correctly, Tate appears around the time or after Gonzales' group comes in main Chapter 10, and since it seems main Chatper 10's ally AI was set to attack, it's harder to keep them alive.

- Echidna is not an enemy and will fight the three enemies that spawn with her. She appears from a house you are likely to be around since it's towards the goal point. While you do need Lalum to recruit her, Echidna in Normal Mode is not going down anytime soon. Bartre, on the other hand, appears away from the goal point, has a couple lackeys just to steal more EXP, and uses the Brave Axe to waste on enemies you didn't want him to have anyways. While Echidna fights enemies you may want to harvest, one of the ones Bartre might encounter is a Druid and some other enemies, not three Fighters.

I don't know how my opinion would get affected if this was in Hard Mode.

What do you guys think about this route split? Which is the one people typically take, and which is the one you usually do? Am I missing something that makes the main run's route better?

Edited by Dual Dragons

SHIN NO STOP SUCKING PLEASE I HAVE TO PROVE A POINT!

I like Lalum's route better, mostly because better Gonzales. You also get more characters in the chapter before the BS one. Also, I like the killer bow, and Echidna >>>>> Bartre (though I didn't recruit her the first time.)

Errr...

Ch 21 or 19? Idk 19I but 21 is seems like a THAT chapter.

21 that place was a fucking hell IM STILL STUCK ON IT SMH partly because of this bitch :Nino: 's son cant heal for shit

57_zpsmuqhe57x.png

Hearts. Hearts in my Fire Emblem games.

What even is...

203_zpszg2mbumj.png

Streeeength pleeeeeease

Yo i didnt know lilina was into that yuri shit

Shin tends to get better later on in the game, just sayin.

Edited by Ghengis Khan

So I'm definitely much much more of a fan of 10/11A (Lalum/Echidna route).

Positives: Echidna is an awesome character, getting a non-sucky Gonzales is great, Bard/Dancer are interchangeable.

Negatives: 11A is UTTER HELL on HM. Echidna can die the turn she spawns to the 3 Fighters who spawn with her, since she's weighed down by her Steel Axe and HM enemies are insane. Also, you didn't get to see it because you finished it in a reasonable amount of time, but if you take too long on this chapter, some very scary cavalier reinforcements come from the south, led by a boss Paladin with better stats than the C15 boss and a Silver Lance (only shows up in Hard Mode from what I've read, but with 32 Mt and 8mov, he's an utter terror on HM).

...That being said, Echidna makes C11A worth it...

Other annoying fact: Tate and Klein have a wonderful (annoying) 10% chance to decide not to move, which can really screw with your strategies.

@Ghengis Khan: "THAT" chapter is my favorite chapter in the game :( it's so much fun to play through, and one of the only really challenging late-game chapters

Edited by elf_01

Pretty good!
Played and beat this game over 20 times and not once has he ever turned out as good as his did. This is the best Roy that I've ever seen.

Hopefully he won't taper off after promotion like Shanna seems to have...

[spoiler=Alternate 3 - *My Problem Chapter*]
97_zpsgnme9vk1.png
Not this again...
Orlo gets all, "I SPEAK FOR GODS, HOLIER-THAN-THOU," on the Soldier who wonders what if the public heard about this.
111_zpsqnqgqh3d.png

143_zpswjg1wtwa.png
I swear...
Orlo gets a message that we're here and that we're responsible for Nord's death. We're betraying Etruria in their eyes.
And more reinforcements are coming. Wonderful. Orlo wants to get rid of us before the reinforcements arrive.
167_zpsue7gxpsq.png
Defense on Mage. But you need Speed.
174_zpsdxmrqo2q.png
Please no, Lilina. Don't avoid Speed. It's good for you.
193_zpsn8udgxmn.png
Some more Speed would be appreciated.
199_zpsutxzxv34.png
pls no proto-micaiah
215_zpsyfvsldmp.png
SPEED, WOMAN. I NEED SPEED.
I can't tell if you're just a lost cause at this rate.

vxk3.pngot5p.png
mlhu.png
The best Shanna I've ever had. It was in my LP! :D
Yes.
They don't, or they would already leave their villages, or close the gates before you go to warn them.
Well...they gotta eat.
Kill him A...S...A...P!!!!!
It does suck that Lilina's going in the shitter.
She might need the Speedwing that you get here at this point.

Positives: Echidna is an awesome character, getting a non-sucky Gonzales is great, Bard/Dancer are interchangeable.

Negatives: 11A is UTTER HELL on HM. Echidna can die the turn she spawns to the 3 Fighters who spawn with her, since she's weighed down by her Steel Axe and HM enemies are insane. Also, you didn't get to see it because you finished it in a reasonable amount of time, but if you take too long on this chapter, some very scary cavalier reinforcements come from the south, led by a boss Paladin with better stats than the C15 boss and a Silver Lance (only shows up in Hard Mode from what I've read, but with 32 Mt and 8mov, he's an utter terror on HM).

Other annoying fact: Tate and Klein have a wonderful (annoying) 10% chance to decide not to move, which can really screw with your strategies.

@Ghengis Khan: "THAT" chapter is my favorite chapter in the game :( it's so much fun to play through, and one of the only really challenging late-game chapters

...And why Marcus has to chop him up with a Horse Ax if that happens.
Ch?? Spoiler(Don't highlight for those who haven't beaten the game!)
Even though the "certain chapter" is pretty tragic.
Edited by PuffPuff

SHIN NO STOP SUCKING PLEASE I HAVE TO PROVE A POINT!

I like Lalum's route better, mostly because better Gonzales. You also get more characters in the chapter before the BS one. Also, I like the killer bow, and Echidna >>>>> Bartre (though I didn't recruit her the first time.)

Lol, the chapters after the chapter after THAT chapter are pretty easy. Especially 4 chapters after, holy crap. I can't wait for DD's reaction to that.

I hope he proves his point soon. I want a good Nomad Trooper!

oh yeah it was a killer bow and not a killing edge wasn't it

I anticipate nightmare-inducing experiences for whatever THAT chapter is.

@Genghis Khan: I'll keep on trying Shin then!

Summary: people like Lalum's route. Store into the data banks.

I'm getting ever more curious about Hard Mode. It makes me want to try it now...

Echidna definitely looks like she's worth it. If I can fit her in the team, I will try her.

Truly? There's an actual chance they won't move? What trolls Intelligent Systems devs are!

THAT chapter sounds scary. Oh boy...

Pretty good!
Played and beat this game over 20 times and not once has he ever turned out as good as his did. This is the best Roy that I've ever seen.
-snip images-
The best Shanna I've ever had. It was in my LP! :D
It does suck that Lilina's going in the shitter.
She might need the Speedwing that you get here at this point.
...And why Marcus has to chop him up with a Horse Ax if that happens.

Yeah. I think the alternate Roy would be the average Roy or worse. Somehow got blessed getting this one on my first playthrough...

I want that Shanna...

It's her or alternate Zeiss. Debating. Clarine's looking a lot better compared to the main run. I was planning to show it off in that part before I had to edit out images but I can show it here...

20_zpsslbqinuu.png21_zps4xwx2ptg.png

Main one from Chapter 17 is blue screen. Alternate Clarine is before starting 11A. That Speed difference! As much as I like Lilina because of the main run, if she keeps screwing up Speed, I may have to go with Clarine as the Anima user. It also prevents having to wait a long time to get a third Guiding Ring.

Marcus/Jerrot for Hard Mode: confirmed.

*This first part ends before Turn 7

We're heading into Ilia, land of frost, proper.

[spoiler=Chapter 18-1 - *Fliers' Moment in the Spotlight*]

1_zps1dwown5t.png2_zps7n8vs2gu.png

Hitting the snowy fields I am.

3_zpslw1bravq.png

*explodes*

What are the odds I decide to go into Chapter 16x, go back to Chapter 11A, and then go to Chapter 17 with the same character mug for three bosses?

Bug off, Orlo/Windham/Martel.

4_zpsitlt7uc2.png

What could this tome be? Is it a legendary weapon?

5_zpsi3swythy.png

All these forests. It reminds me of FE4's Chapter 1.

I would burn that forest of forests.

I can tell that fliers and people who can get through forests quickly are going to reign supreme here.

Three villages that a pretty spread out. I'm not sure how I should feel about this.

6_zpsaviutt2j.png

Four houses in this area. Maybe they could give me hints about secret shops?

7_zpsd4rvbazf.png

My guesses on where secret shops could be: on the island in the water or on this solitary plains tile here. There are other guesses too but I might have to wait until the boss is dead.

8_zpsmglr1ntt.png9_zpss0hyxzah.png10_zpsvojuqyer.png

11_zps7vftr8ic.png12_zpsos4d0eqb.png13_zpsmf1hahvt.png

14_zps1ud3j4fo.png

Most of these enemies are two classes. We're talking about Ilia.

My Wyvern Riders are going to become stars against the Mercenaries and Pegasus Knights. Shanna has priority over the Shamans. As for the Archers, there's only two and they are in ballistae.

Priests got staves like Physic, Berserk, and Silence, of course.

Is this the first time seeing Falcoknights? I think it is.

I saw some enemies with effective weaponry like Horseslayers and Armorslayers. I see a problem with this: forests. I'm pretty sure these guys are not going to see what their weapons are strong against anytime soon.

Pegasus Knights are carrying probably the more scarier weapons, like Killer Lances and Axereavers.

But it is interesting seeing a regular Mercenary with a Light Brand.

15_zpsx7bhudyp.png16_zpscfyrnxki.png

Please. No more of this sprite.

I don't see the ancient tome from a time long past. I just see someone with high Magic and Purge. He'll have 27-29 Magic. Jeez.

Roy can cancel out his Purge and Lilina can almost cancel out his Magic stat. I mean I could bring Fae and cancel out everything but nah.

15 total Defense and 20 total Res. 52 Avoid. I hate him already.

17_zpstfofkykf.png

I did a little selling. It was just a couple full-use Antitoxins and one-use Vulneraries.

I didn't notice that I actually don't have a Speedwings to give to Zeiss. Poor man! I can give Shanna the Energy Ring and Geese the Secret Book. I still have a Dragonshield, Angelic Robe, and Goddess Icon after using these.

And yep, I don't have another Elysian Whip for Zeiss. Hopefully one crops up soon...

Such a huge deployment slot amount means I can put Merlinus back on the team. Once Zeiss caps, everyone is free game for the unpromoted mooks.

Zeiss and Lance now have shiny new Killer Lances.

18_zpsnhyjgybr.png

Milady x Solo Missions with Elphin's help. I ship this.

Kicking up some snow in the chilly wind. We fly!

19_zpspwkxy9zo.png

What frozen river?

21_zpsu0abbstf.png

Was I supposed to bring Hugh?

23_zpsszkefymg.png

If I can recruit her, she's my Dark magic user.

24_zpsx5mjpfd1.png

So much of a hermit that she doesn't even know her own nickname.

26_zpsyv6pvf0a.png27_zpsvobievy6.png

Uh oh.

29_zpszfoolkc4.png32_zpssipsdzjf.png33_zps2p6yi1pt.png

Great... Weather in my FE6 game...

34_zpsvqb4bvyk.png35_zps0soycuig.png

Did the ancients mass-produce books like these when they wanted to change the weather multiple times at once?

37_zpscp55ndso.png38_zpsmt8wfk4w.png39_zpszdsvydxf.png

This will probably backfire on him.

Back at our positions...

41_zpsjgworjwy.png44_zpsb5pqsxnq.png

I know we said we would spare innocent Bern civilians, but I can't help if I send my units to attack Bern soldiers.

45_zpsozkbqply.png46_zpsl16wz0un.png

He's going there! Guinivere is surprised as Roy mentions Zephiel potentially killing his father.

49_zpshs7mpp29.png50_zpsi3quwbih.png51_zps74tg2mxz.png52_zpsj6kazqpd.png

Aha! So Roy thinks there's something deeper than what those rumors say. Good, Roy.

53_zps7futhr6m.png54_zpsxx95rxrd.png

...he says while there's many Berns and Etrurians lying dead on the ground behind us--but sure! Let's go with that!

55_zpsykhdhbon.png56_zpstm64egyo.png

Is after this battle enough time, Guinivere?

Merlinus comes in and says Guinivere looked trouble. Roy says not to worry about it. So what is Merlinus here to talk about?

59_zpsly0xcjdv.png

And I probably should have brought Hugh. Whoops!

Mark this as the second female Druid you can get in the game. That exclusive female Druid class.

60_zpsleez6aan.png

Better keep our eye on her.

Turn 1 enemy positions

63_zpsl47qablh.png

New map theme. I can't say I like it. There's no distinctive sounds from the main melody. If the sounds were maybe higher-pitched and/or the main melody was slower, I would have liked it more.

First order of business: Elphin stop on the bridge and plays Milady.

Milady then punches it to the north and can attack the ballista Archer with her Iron Sword. She kills him effortlessly.

64_zpsoqxo4jgg.png

All the Strength, Shanna!

65_zpsm3f9ijfq.png

Zeiss has the Killer Lance equipped. He can't double the Mercenary. This ends Turn 1.

Armorslayer Mercenary cuts into Milady. Milady murders him.

Steel Sword Mercenary also cuts Milady. He dies quickly afterwards.

While Zeiss dodges a Steel Sword Mercenary, he doesn't activate a crit. Dang.

Pegasus Knight and Wyvern Rider groups are flying towards me. Priests move, I guess.

Turn 2 enemy positions

66_zpsvnwvkiyj.png

The enemies think they present much of a threat. They don't know they're not in Hard Mode. Suck it!

Zeiss kills the weakened Mercenary.

Elphin plays Zeiss.

Zeiss swings his Killer Lance like the Milady of old, slaying the Mercenary.

67_zpszbf4ctht.png

This is Geese.

Lance visits the southwestern house.

69_zpsxuvurc0u.png

Already knew this from switching PoV but thanks anyways.

Shanna visits the southeastern house.

70_zps9mflc0ky.png71_zpscnrlch6a.png

Maybe Niime will mess up and will freeze the river instead?

Thanks for the tip, lady!

73_zpsqki7gclz.png

I can't really show what I'm doing so well in this screenshot but here it goes:

Igrene is in range of the westernmost Wyvern Rider, which has a Javelin, with her Iron Bow. Geese is there with his Hand Axe to take care of the other Javelin Wyvern Rider.

Milady is right in front of Zeiss so Zeiss is not in range of the Killer Lance Pegasus Knight. Zeiss still has his Killer Lance equipped. Neither of them should be in range of the Berserk Priest.

Ending Turn 2

Axereaver Pegasus Knight misses Zeiss. Zeiss, swing that lance and end her days in one go!

Killer Lance Pegasus Knight plunges her lance into Milady without a crit. Milady kills her in two Iron Sword swings. Raise that sword EXP, Milady!

Steel Lance Pegasus Knight dies on Milady.

Silver Lance Falcoknight hits Zeiss for some damage. Zeiss counters without a crit. That's okay. I maybe wanted Igrene to get that kill.

Javelin Pegasus Knight hits Zeiss.

Javelin Wyvern Rider goes for Geese. He misses. Geese hits once and then crit-kills. That was the Wyvern Rider that would supposed to go to Igrene...

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Geese but doesn't die.

Physic Priest heals Falcoknight some. Phooey on you.

Turn 3

74_zpsdosidf6o.png

Need to get rid of those Wyvern Riders. Now Milady's just in range of the Berserk Priest.

Igrene switches to the Longbow, gets on the river, and shoots at the Wyvern Rider Geese failed to finish off.

Zeiss attacks the Javelin Pegasus Knight with his own Javelins. He gets hit but he emerges the victor! What's his level up?

75_zps8e7pidkd.png

Son, I am disappointed.

Geese takes care of the Wyvern Rider with his massive Iron Axe.

Shanna and Lance Rescue-Drop Igrene in range of Elphin's playing.

76_zpsurlej8sm.png

NANI KORE

On his last level up?!

77_zpsb7tdnj9k.png

Iron Bow too strong

Igrene successfully kills a Falcoknight. Good. I'm pretty bad at leveling Archers/Snipers properly. Igrene now has A bows!

Milady backs up so Lilina can show off Tina's Staff.

78_zpshxhnsyng.png

Big light shows!

It appears to be like an E Mend staff. I'm disappointed.

79_zpspu10ea7t.png

Merlinus will visit the northern house but before I do here's a screenshot of the Turn 3 ending positions.

80_zpshskvmkec.png

HA

81_zpsjr6o6mj5.png

That's funny! Yes, I know this is Karel. Merlinus even standing a 1% chance against Karel? That's a riot!

82_zpsmaxf6t3s.png

Karel: may have killed Guy.

Also: isn't he the character that has a couple or so stats with over 200% growth in them? Like holy shit.

Only the Priests moved.

Turn 4

83_zpszp4jn8tc.png

Time to end that Berserk Priest once and for all.

Lilina heals Zeiss. I would put the staff's name as the verb but... "Lilina Tina's Zeiss"? "Lilina Tina's's Zeiss"?

So Igrene has access to that ballista but... uh...

84_zpsdt1yud4e.png

"Select a weapon to attack with."

> Yes

> No

These are not valid options.

I hit "Yes"

85_zpsidnmpyps.png

Takes me to ballista screen.

I hit "No"

86_zpsbtgtik3h.png

My own weapons

This is very awkward.

Well, Igrene can't kill the Berserk Priest with the ballista. That job will have to go to Zeiss.

But first, Milady visits the last house.

87_zpsjmxizj8s.png

Old lady? You mean Niime?

88_zpsyutkz4jt.png89_zpsza6lpnfb.png

Is that so? I don't even see her on the map. Why did she change plans? Would it be because of Hugh?

Milady waits there. I have reasons.

Saul barriers Milady. I wish Lilina could have done it for EXP/staff EXP, but alas. She's not C staff yet.

Elphin plays Milady.

Zeiss kills the Berserk Priest.

Igrene kills the nearby Priest. Got to keep building that bow rank.

Milady punches to the east with Iron Sword in hand and crit-kills the ballista Archer at 5 crit chance. Not even one shot from these guys! Thanks, Milady!

Lance and Shanna Rescue-Drop Elphin further north.

90_zps5xkdhma8.png

Merlinus will move to Saul's south, ending Turn 4.

Flux Shaman hits Milady. There's the reason why I barriered her. I would have equipped the Javelin but, eh, I want her to get the sword EXP. I want to max weapon ranks Milady!

Other Flux Shaman hits Milady. 36 hit chance, people! Twice!

PFT. Javelin Pegasus Knight also hits Milady for absolutely zero damage. I hear the metal clang sound effect that's been missing for a long time.

Turn 5

91_zpss4bhqjpi.png

So far so good... but what is the surprise the boss has in store for me?

Elphin plays Shanna.

Shanna puts her new Strength to the test as she attacks the Light Brand Mercenary with her Iron Lance. Light Brand Mercenary misses her. She kills.

As I was testing weapons, I accidentally have Zeiss attack a Steel Sword Mercenary with his Iron Lance. Mercenary hits and so does Zeiss.

Milady kills the north Shaman. More sword EXP is good.

92_zpshbtwolyf.png

Geese will move to the east.

I saw reinforcements but I don't know what of--oh Brigands.

Steel Sword Mercenary hits Zeiss. Zeiss slaughters in retaliation.

Steel Sword Mercenary gets a hit in on Zeiss as Zeiss misses on counter.

Killer Lance Pegasus Knight does a normal hit on Milady. Milady kills the Pegasus Knight. Milady is now B swords.

Horseslayer Wyvern Rider finally spots Geese and attempts to attack him, only to miss the water-walking Geese. Geese doesn't kill back.

Milady's going to unfortunately get the Falcoknight kill. Silver Lance digs into Milady. Milady splatters Falcoknight blood onto the forest trees.

Flux Shaman misses Milady.

Javelin Pegasus Knight makes more metal clanging noises.

Turn 6

93_zps08y1pept.png

I couldn't find a good spot to get the Brigand and enemies. Under the mini-map is Zeiss, the Mercenary, and Milady.

Milady gets rid of the Brigand that spawned near the village.

Geese uses his Hand Axe-throwing arm to kill the Wyvern Rider from the northeast, getting ever-closer to the village.

Zeiss gets a normal hit on the Mercenary with his Killer Lance. Steel Sword Mercenary still hits Zeiss.

Elphin plays Igrene.

Igrene kills off a Priest.

Shanna kills the Nosferatu Shaman with her Iron Sword. Yep. Trying to build her sword rank too.

94_zpsn4mdhxlh.png

Important people shown. Merlinus will move and end this turn.

More Brigands to try to swipe my villages. I say, "Nay, good sirs!"

Zeiss finally kills the Steel Sword Mercenary. He is very close to his last unpromoted level up.

Axereaver Pegasus Knight thinks she's going to get Milady with her Iron Sword. Reverse weapon triangle, activate! Milady one-shots the Pegasus Knight for her incompetence.

Other Axereaver Pegasus Knight does the same thing, dying to Milady's Iron Sword.

Hand Axe Brigand misses Milady.

Flux Shaman misses Shanna.

95_zpsabsixqvv.png96_zpsqcydefno.png97_zpszgxpvqlz.png

Forgot the boss and his Purge. Martel's targetting Shanna so that's okay. As long as it's not Zeiss or Milady, who are both low on health at this point.

Martel manages to land a 24 hit chance on Shanna. Ouch. That's still 19 damage.

Javelin Pegasus Knight still wasting her weapons on Milady's steel-plated Wyvern.

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 18-2 - *Saul throws off his Priest Robes*]
Turn 7
98_zps99jyqjrx.png

Thus many enemies were gone thanks to the power of fliers.

Shanna takes out the other Shaman.
Zeiss goes in range of Lilina's healing. Lilina levels to get...

99_zpstvspzs74.png
Please stop

Elphin plays Zeiss.
Zeiss doesn't kill the Priest. The chip EXP nets him his final unpromoted level. Please get Speed.

100_zpsek9aktvf.png
Guys, knock it off. April Fool's was two days ago.

Since Zeiss can't level anymore, Igrene takes the Priest kill via Longbow.
Milady kills the Brigand. She gets a level as well. Please no +HP levels...

101_zpsbzgqqtak.png
Sure.

102_zps3e7lpndf.png
Turn 7 ending results. Merlinus will move to finish this turn's actions.

103_zpsj0mgisje.png
I couldn't kill the boss in time, but what could this be? Does it kill someone?

105_zpsjubkc1lr.png106_zpsgnmfk9ph.png
That's two times she's said it so, uh, suit yourself if it doesn't go the way you want it.

107_zpsozg0obvl.png
All I see is snow.

108_zpsutxziygw.png
I don't sense anything--

109_zpsauxkwwyv.png
Ahhhh. There's where the title comes in, and what that lady hinted at before.
Except I have Geese walking across water like nobody's business over there.

110_zpshiemqsdu.png
They just don't listen, do they?

112_zpswgtg4eyj.png
No she didn't. She told you multiple times.

113_zpsm1vriui3.png
That's the... let's see...
Guinivere, Elen, Lilina, Clarine, (Lalum), Sophia, Cecilia, Fae, Niime...
That's the eigth/ninth time a woman and/or girl has been captured and/or trapped somewhere. This might be a new record for a Fire Emblem game!

115_zps7tipk40f.png
Niime happened.

116_zpsqcfi6vlb.png
Now it's easier for foot units to reach the villages. That includes the Brigands.

117_zpskofh65ou.png
Being very oddly specific here.

118_zpsrs6r2zji.png
Roy, I would have taken you to the boss already on Shanna's back but I kind of need to take care of him and the Brigands/villages first. Hang tight, bud.

Yep, now the enemies are crossing the frozen pathways.
Milady dodges a Hand Axe Brigand.
Zeiss tanks a Purge shot. OW.
Metal clanging still continues with Javelin Pegasus Knight.

Turn 8
119_zpsqv1kitzs.png

Zeiss can start heading to the west village.

Zeiss heads back to get healing from Lilina.
Elphin plays Zeiss.
Igrene takes out one Brigand.
Shanna crit-kills a Brigand. Cool skills.
Milady kills off a Brigand.
Geese visits the south village, where an old woman sighs on the Etrurian and Bern armies.

120_zpsuw1soonm.png121_zpsgy1nhtbz.png122_zpsnw21lanx.png
When Bern stops being cruel?
How appropriate. She gives Geese a Secret Book. I could use this on him again.

Allen and Lance Rescue-Drop Roy closer to the castle.

123_zps2umijl3m.png
Merlinus will move to end Turn 8.

More Brigands.
Shanna kills a Brigand foolish enough to attack her at 0 hit chance.
Milady dodges a Hand Axe.
Martel's Purge misses Shanna.
Javelin Pegasus Knight misses this time.

Turn 9
124_zpsc1tvqhgw.png

It's just probably going to be Brigand reinforcements until they stop/I kill the boss.
I might need to fast-forward after this turn if nothing new comes up.

Zeiss claims the northwest village.

125_zpsyveaox5v.png126_zpsfjrdn0by.png127_zpsqj31pkjh.png
Not the most useful of stat boosters but I will gladly take that off your hands.

Igrene still working on her bow EXP as she kills a Brigand.
Shanna goes to get healed by Lilina.
Elphin plays Shanna.
Milady keeps killing Brigands.

128_zpsdt4xoyzc.png
Let's end Turn 9 like this. I can try to attack the boss from now on.

Only a north Brigand spawns. Igrene dodges that Brigand.
Igrene dodges Martel's Purge shot.
Milady dodges the Javelin Pegasus Knight's attack.

Turn 10

No beginning turn screenshot because I shall be fast-forwarding.

Igrene got the Brigand, Milady got the Pegasus Knight, and Geese got the Shaman.
Shanna visits the village on Turn 10.

129_zpsditxscir.png
Body Ring, Energy Ring, Guiding Ring. It can only be one of these three.

130_zpst3kllzga.png131_zpsz98siral.png
This little girl doesn't believe in miracles.

132_zps87rd6ha1.png
Don't have an eye for jewelry, eh? What is this...?

133_zpshi7hqyjt.png
Hey, hey! Long time no see!
I know exactly who you're going onto!

Turn 10 enemy phase, Pegasus Knights spawned from the north. And they're in range of Elphin. Dang! No worries. He doesn't die.

134_zps46gwdld7.png
You must be joking.
Guys, stop.

135_zpszh1x1rvo.png
FINALLY

136_zpssy7trhc9.png
Ridiculous upgrade!

137_zpspkeq3jnm.png
It only took you a billion years to get you promoted, Saul.
He starts with D Light. Hey, at least it's not E Light...
Saul would need to take a lot of kills, however, to get him and his Light rank up to snuff. If only I allowed myself to do Arena abuse to get him up there.
Thinking on it now, I'm not sure who would be the best candidate to get the first Guiding Ring. Saul for S Light? Clarine for Valkyrie and dodgetank? Lilina for power Sage? Though as shown with my alternate run, Lilina can turn out... not too stellar in the Speed department. A fair assessment since people told me she's pretty much proto-Micaiah, who I'm not the biggest fan of stats-wise.
If I only used Saul and Clarine as magic-users, I guess I would promote Clarine first for mobility and access to Aircalibur sooner.
I don't know.

On Turn 11 enemy phase, Pegasus Knight reinforcements from the east. I can test Saul on them.

138_zpsphfc6g25.png
Nice color scheme.
And look, I finally have my Bishop. Isn't it beautiful?
He doesn't quite kill Pegasus Knights but I'm happy. Ain't nobody taking that away from me.

On Turn 12 enemy phase, Pegasus Knight reinforcements from the northwest. Also...

139_zpsbn2glmz0.png140_zpskropqyv8.png
Yes. Brilliant. Says the man who completely ignored an old woman's warnings two or three times and then said, "THROW HER IN THE DUNGEON," when it didn't go according to plan.
As she warned.
Brilliant.

Igrene doesn't get a level. Aw. But she might if I let he kill the Pegasus Knights.

141_zps0yuhjd1m.png
I guess Speed's good...?

On Turn 13 enemy phase, Pegasus Knights from the east?! I killed the boss! Why are they still coming out?!

Saul gets some decent EXP from them... I guess he can take them while I do a couple of healings and apparently Milady/Zeiss support.

142_zpsbub2x2ar.png
Man, my units are getting bad levels today.
I mean Speed's good for a one-stat level up, but most of my level ups have been 1-2 stats.

Milady and Zeiss have themselves a chat around the nonexistant fireplace on a snowy day.

143_zpsmv2twxby.png
Milady, that's Lance.

144_zpstluvel1y.png
Yes, Zeiss. That's Lance. You two are on the same team.

145_zpsx7gn59u8.png
Don't fight!

146_zpsgzmi6ole.png
You both should be sorry. You can't distinguish between friend and foe.

147_zpsb4d9ph4w.png
What enemies? You mean Igrene?

148_zpsjjk8kauy.png
Gale protected Zeiss too. Gale's a trooper like that.

149_zpsphpro5kt.png150_zpsa5kzmoyn.png
Not very likely at this moment, Zeiss. You still have yet to see the true powers unlocked by the Elysian Whip.

151_zpsuhjv1svw.png
True, very true. He's capped out on unpromoted experience but not overall experience.

152_zpsd1mabyjd.png
Milady too strong

154_zpselu5h5kq.png155_zpsnk3hthgg.png
Patience, young one! After all, Saul had to wait all this time to get promoted. If he can hold out as long as he did, so can you!
So that's Milady/Zeiss C rank. Lightning and Darkness... Mm... I remember Darkness not being that great of an affinity; however, my thinking is that any support bonuses is better than no support bonuses.

On Turn 14, Roy seizes the castle. Do we get Niime too?
I realize I didn't check for secret shops. Oh well.

156_zpswv5dlbwx.png
You were locked for all of... five turns or something like that? Really.

157_zpsevemxnse.png158_zpsw07dhxan.png
Introductions.

159_zpsbxa5e1bb.png160_zps3g4wilkb.png
Good questions that shall be answered soon, I hope.

161_zps9yt6j9ob.png162_zps0n9qo5oh.png
A ruse! Crafty witch!

163_zps1qaym6by.png
She drops the bomb. The music changes to indicate this.

164_zps86s2gjyo.png
Tell us everything you know and more!

168_zpshowce42f.png
I assumed as such.

169_zpsmxnqkz4f.png170_zpsyegj44w1.png
Like Sophia...

171_zps3o5l1drp.png172_zpsni3lkmzx.png174_zpspmthmap1.png
A demon dragon? Like Loptusou and Medeus?

175_zpsiiy5ejoa.png
That's not good. We definitely will need Hartmut's weapon!

176_zps4gpa2nuw.png177_zpsgllwpk4g.png178_zpsnybjfb2l.png
A Resistance stat?

179_zpsgy1ufslj.png180_zpsuo4dyrmm.png181_zpsu54fjb9s.png
Whaaaaa?

182_zpsfvrqwsmm.png
You mean make dragons out of thin air? That's outrageous!

183_zps9q1yh9tn.png184_zpsvxufkqec.png
And that Idun woman is related to this, I'm guessing?

185_zpsrentlllq.png186_zpsksnpryyn.png
You can wield the S rank Dark tome? k

187_zpsfnrkxcbu.png188_zpsno6x1yag.png189_zpsq76j8gic.png
Hiring the elderly, now that's what I'm talking about!

Saul flashes to the ladies his new Bishop stats. In this chapter, I get my Light-user and Dark-user. Neat!
The fliers tend to their steeds. We rush off further into Ilia and record the pitiful progress of our day...

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         20.00    34     15      16      16      16       7      10
Allen      Paladin       6.54    46     20      19      20      11      13       5
Lance      Paladin       3.03    41     15      15      24      11       9       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight   7.60    38(+7) 15(+2)  20      26      22       8      10
Rutger     Swordmaster   4.51    43     16      24      23       7      10       6
Saul       Bishop        2.26    32     14      17      19       4       5      18
Lilina     Sage          8.31    32     26      11      17      13       6      18
Astore     Thief        16.26    31      8      10      17      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper        7.00    38     18      19      18       9      11      10
Elphin     Bard         20.00    26      1       4      20      24       6       8
Geese      Berserker     2.99    49     18      17(+2)  14      11      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord  11.31    51     25      22      20       9      16       6
Zeiss      Wyvern Rider 20.00    37     20      16      12       8      13       3

Reset: 7
Lost: 4
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen

BUT DON'T YOU WANT HP??!??!??!?!??!

There were no Secret Shops in that Chapter.

See you wouldn't have to worry about Saul promoting so late if you used Sophia

Niime is cool. I want more badass old women in FE.

Wait a sec, shouldn't you have 3 whips? There's one in 8, 10 for saving all of Tate's goons, and one in 12.

Don't bother with Sauls light rank, he's never reaching s.

Niime is alright. She comes with Eclipse. You've seen its horrible accuracy. In this game it's used to break walls.

BUT DON'T YOU WANT HP??!??!??!?!??!

There were no Secret Shops in that Chapter.

See you wouldn't have to worry about Saul promoting so late if you used Sophia

Niime is cool. I want more badass old women in FE.

Zeiss doesn't need two +HP levels. He needs all other stats! He's the underdog!

Oh phew.

Hey, she died when she WAS on that part of Chapter 14 the first time!

I'll have to wait till next chapter, haha.

Wait a sec, shouldn't you have 3 whips? There's one in 8, 10 for saving all of Tate's goons, and one in 12.

Niime is alright. She comes with Eclipse. You've seen its horrible accuracy. In this game it's used to break walls.

I didn't keep the missing content run where I showed saving Tate's unit in 10B. So yep, I already used both Elysian Whips I got. I'm praying for another free one or a secret shop I can somehow find that has them.

I wasn't planning to use Saul for Light rank but, yeah, he's doomed from S Light. Poor Saul.

Haha, yep. Niime is the ultimate wall-smasher!

Got Elen S rank in Light once, but had her combat in the arena while doing Chapter 17A which helped that along with her hitting the broken walls in those chapters. Not knowing why Int Sys made this tome anyway when almost, if not no one can use it! It's possible with the Ch14's Guiding Ring that Sophia robbed from him, it would take severe overuse in order for it to happen.

Getting S-Rank on your light magic users (or healers in general) is nigh unto impossible sadly. Saul's the best in terms of combat stats, but chances are, unless you're arena abusing or deliberately involving him in an absurd amount of combat, you're simply not going to get to S-Rank fast enough (for reference, one run I promoted Clarine with the C14 Guiding Ring, and got her to level 18 with a decent amount of combat, and she only barely hit B-Anima, and in general my promoted light magic users rarely even reach C-Light)

Zeiss...might struggle a little with his promotion, unless you find a secret shop...

Niime is awesome and one of the most useful characters in the game, and you'll be getting her for free at the start of next chapter :)