Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

Honestly, next chapter would've been amazing for Shin or Sue.

Its also kind of a gay chapter imo

[spoiler=What to avoid if you wanna read this]FUCKING BITCH ASS BALLISTAE SMH

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed the shop. The ch 16 one had all promo items and angelic robes.
Welp. If Zeiss misses promotion this run, it's no big deal. Not like he took anything away from me or my units.
It can be easily fixed in the alternate run~

Got Elen S rank in Light once, but had her combat in the arena while doing Chapter 17A which helped that along with her hitting the broken walls in those chapters. Not knowing why Int Sys made this tome anyway when almost, if not no one can use it! It's possible with the Ch14's Guiding Ring that Sophia robbed from him, it would take severe overuse in order for it to happen.
If not for the sake of being a LP and not breaking the game, I probably would arena-abuse Saul not even for S Light but because the man needs to catch up. While the sparse promotion item issue wasn't as bad as I was thinking, it's still bad enough for me. The slower weapon EXP gain thing doesn't help either.
Eclipse might have been useful for 10B's wall to the boss or Zeiss' wall--especially Zeiss' wall. Too bad I don't think Raigh comes with a high enough Dark level to use Eclipse.

Getting S-Rank on your light magic users (or healers in general) is nigh unto impossible sadly. Saul's the best in terms of combat stats, but chances are, unless you're arena abusing or deliberately involving him in an absurd amount of combat, you're simply not going to get to S-Rank fast enough (for reference, one run I promoted Clarine with the C14 Guiding Ring, and got her to level 18 with a decent amount of combat, and she only barely hit B-Anima, and in general my promoted light magic users rarely even reach C-Light)
Zeiss...might struggle a little with his promotion, unless you find a secret shop...
Niime is awesome and one of the most useful characters in the game, and you'll be getting her for free at the start of next chapter :)
Clarine would start at E Anima, right? And C Light users? Sheesh. Well, I guess Intelligent Systems learned how to work the weapon EXP after having weapons levels and class-based weapon ranks.
An opportunity for Zeiss to promote?! There is a god?!
I have seen. I have learned. My god, Niime...
@Genghis Khan: This chapter wasn't too bad, but, I mean, this isn't Hard Mode. Who knows what this is like on Hard Mode.
*First part ends before Turn 3 player phase
*My Internet also seems to be having a little issue right now. Hang tight. Part 2 is written up but I need Internet.
We got through the frost-covered forests of Ilia. If fliers reigned supreme in that chapter, how about this one too?
[spoiler=Chapter 19-1 - *Snow in our Eyes*]
1_zps3lycqlva.png
If I see this face again, there will be words.
2_zpssj28bqjl.png
It's a cold life in Ilia.
3_zpsaobpft6k.png
Just like the desert. Which had Fog of War and limited movement--
Noooooo! You can't say there's going to be these in this map too!
4_zps0b0ejlf0.png5_zpsbhvg4cwj.png
Doesn't she look delightfully evil? The crooked eyebrow and blue lipstick says it.
Does this mean a Falcoknight boss?
6_zpsktcnabdg.png
More Fog of War.
It shouldn't be that bad since I got Torch staff uses and a Thief/Torch should I so deploy that person. I may want to deploy a Thief in case of stealables.
You can see the outline of a village in this screenshot; however, for a foot unit to get to this village...
7_zpsxt2ws3sz.png
You have to go around first. I say nope to that noise. I'm using a flier.
8_zpsdpkztr2t.png
Here's another village on the way towards the boss.
There's quite a bit of ballistae on this map which are represented by brown anvil-like structures on the mini-map.
I'm going to field Astore and Chad on the map to see if there's any nearby enemies.
9_zpsrktknzuf.png
Negatory. I guess I can assume there are Archers because of ballistae.
Picking my units:
10_zps7nqvbtmw.png
Despite the fact there are ballistae and this shouldn't be a time for a flier to move about, ballistae have a max 15 range. As long as Zeiss stays out of max range, I should be fine.
Astore's going to have Torch. I'm giving Geese the other Secret Book because terrible accuracy axes. I'm thinking he needs it the most despite Lance and Lilina having worse Skill.
I still have an Angelic Robe. I would like to give this to Zeiss--but only if I find him an Elysian Whip. I thought someone said that there is a last chance to see Zeiss promoted if I can find a secret shop. Until I'm guaranteed that I can't have Zeiss promoted, it'll remain unused.
I'm having difficulties on who should have the Dragonshield. Maybe Zeiss? Lance actually has single-digit Defense but he's the speedy Paladin; he's supposed to be a dodgetank. I don't know...
11_zpsplqhfv6c.png
Of course I have Turn 1 plans involving Astore and Rescue-ferrying. The northwest Paladin is Lance.
Can I drive through this snowy terrain while blind?
12_zpsukliqnnr.png
More like "blinding cold."
13_zpsyxxfxz1k.png
Yep. If the boss turns out to be a Falcoknight, I won't be surprised.
However, she wouldn't get the castle bonus so I must say: good job thinking of that one, lady!
14_zpslyshqn49.png
She says as I will pelt her with Igrene's arrows and/or Lilina's Aircalibur.
15_zps3jlfbkoq.png16_zps12jfvwj4.png17_zpspnns6trp.png
Oh, that's right. Ilia was invaded by Bern. How could I have forgotten this?
18_zpsykuazllp.png19_zpsqmjtczx8.png
So... you would still rather be occupied by Bern? Am I understanding this correctly?
20_zpsdgssk4bz.png21_zpshkrhdidn.png
Why fight for Bern then? Expend your energy and life elsewhere like, I don't know, playing some Nine Man's Morris or whatever games Fire Emblem continents have.
23_zps9mmtgfjp.png
But if we defeated Bern, wouldn't we be better at warfare than Bern?
Sense this makes not.
24_zpsbv57akva.png
Generics: being the more sensible people than named people.
26_zpsoi94n2gw.png27_zpsdj0jcbh5.png
Delphi Shield powers: activate!
28_zpszqgfvxlm.png
I must be very careful of Shanna and Zeiss. I don't think even with Elphin's assistance Shanna can reach the first... Archer or Sniper.
If the ballistae units are Snipers, I don't think she'll be able to take them down.
29_zpspta6plvg.png30_zpsv06wwnwk.png31_zpsplxalcf5.png
I got Astore with a Torch. I think I'll be okay against nature's wrath.
32_zpsc7lzk7vq.png
Oh right. I did get Niime, didn't I? I didn't check if she was in the roster to deploy.
33_zps8bqf1nfi.png34_zps7vkgicam.png
Damn, old woman. Rude.
We've gone through worse things like Fog of War desert or a forest full of forests. I'm sure we can handle just Fog of War.
35_zps10gwrycc.png36_zpsqitewqst.png
We can progress further with collecting the weapons next chapter. We will defeat the demon dragon eventually.
38_zpsaipiiakc.png
It's Idunn. Most likely it's Idunn.
40_zpsn8nd3vyl.png41_zpskinnele3.png
Sophia is a result of this. Fae I guess counts as a dragon living among humans.
42_zpsgjwd8edl.png43_zpsuctowctg.png44_zps253s24v5.png
Dammit, Roy! Your monologuing almost revealed Arcardia to the world!
45_zpswmbi9zti.png46_zps5rrfdiby.png
New theme. It's pretty subtle. I think I could grow to like it.
Anyways, this is entirely new to me. What is the Ending Winter?
48_zpszqttyddw.png49_zpsmug0pv46.png
Interesting.
50_zpsm25sxsef.png
Do go on.
53_zps67ut3waw.png54_zpsoqjyjt37.png
If that were true, why would they do that?
55_zpsy3tircrl.png56_zpspofrxcjt.png57_zpsejwuvaza.png
I scarce think these incidents were mere coincidence either.
58_zps0qgkzjlf.png
Onwards to Bern!
Turn 1
I'm going to have Astore use the Torch from Allen's south. I'm pretty sure I can discover the east ballista Archer this way. Let's see...
59_zpsc6fuvb6d.png61_zps89nyr7vs.png
There we go!
60_zpsycsmler6.png62_zpsqfvsy26k.png
And look who we have here from the north.
FE6 is stepping up its game. FE7 semi-final chapter had Level 15 unpromoted mooks for Eliwood's Hard Mode. We haven't hit the 20s of FE6's chapters and we're getting enemies above FE7's semi-final chapter!
I do plan on moving Astore but before doing that...
Milady kills off the ballista Archer with her Steel Sword. She doesn't discover any new enemies; but, by attacking from the north, if there is an Archer nearby who could have boarded that ballista, now I prevented them from doing that.
63_zpstklejq5i.png64_zps0rbksjdx.png
I don't know how I missed Niime while moving but yes Niime.
And wow. WOW. Those stats. And I didn't even need to invest a single thing in her.
A rank staves and dark magic. She comes with Flux, Eclipse, Heal, and Physic.
Well screw raising Raigh! When you get this badass old lady right here, why would you want to use Raigh?!
If I have room for you, you definitely are my dark magic user!
Igrene's halfway to S bows. I'll have her draw out the Pegasus Knight that has a Javelin. If the north ballista is a 15 range, she should be within that one's range as well.
Lance visits the northwest house.
65_zps8j67hztr.png
Already taken care of but do go on.
66_zpsjm6jhgxq.png
Ah. So a warning that if I left a foot unit on the Vendor that they would get attacked by the ballista. Thanks for the late hint.
Shanna and Allen Rescue-Drop Astore so he's two spaces north. Every space counts. Those two extra spaces reveal two Pegasus Knights to the east of the one before. Now how about that!
Over at the Vendor...
68_zpscqdu5jwk.png69_zpsmymmofd1.png
Did someone say buyable Physics and cheaper Heals?
I won't buy them right now since Roy didn't come in with the Silver Card but I do plan on buying plenty of Physics and Heals. Maybe... let's see... five Physics and five Heals? Maybe less on the Heals. I'll come back to it.
Instead, I'll have Roy visit the southeast house.
70_zpsipdgo7lm.png71_zpslyfxgzic.png
I would think she is at the castle, not out in the open.
Geese rescues Roy from the north.
Elphin plays Geese.
Geese moves onto the north peak, equips the Hand Axe for the oncoming Pegasus Knight, and drops Roy.
Zeiss visits the southwest house.
72_zpskrggkifb.png
Interesting nickname.
73_zpspzk9qtvy.png74_zpslgsths2o.png75_zpsemybeoqd.png
So how come Shanna and--most likely--Tate can't see through this darkness? You're lying to me, woman!
76_zpsraelkqcv.png
This is Normal Mode. You know what I say to that?
Not very likely.
(Ugh, and I read that "You're already dead" line in Tharja's voice. Ugh. UGH.)
77_zpsbopecywg.png
Niime's move will end Turn 1.
Hidden Steel Sword Cavalier comes out to play with Milady. He squanders his opportunity to hit and gets killed by Milady's sword strokes.
Another hidden Steel Sword Cavalier hits this time. Milady still finishes him just as quickly.
There's hidden Falcoknights as well.
Hidden Silver Lance Paladin misses Milady. Milady doesn't quite kill him because WTD.
Javelin Pegasus Knight hits Igrene.
78_zpspjviagy6.png
Take 93 damage and get out of my sight!
79_zpsh8dgvm2s.png
The power of peaks, ladies and gents!
Geese hits her once before crit-killing her. Should have crit-killed her first but oh well. He at least hit her. Geese levels up.
80_zpsimzicxw5.png
Strength. I'll accept this.
Javelin Cavalier hits Milady for 3 damage.
There's a Physic Druid in the dark who's there to heal the Paladin. That's okay. He can't heal 42 points of damage.
And there's apparently a Sleep Druid who has 100 accuracy on Geese. Sure. I got my Restore Saul nearby.
Turn 2 enemy positions
81_zpsnrwli8iz.png
We've got some enemies to cover.
82_zpsr0z7hc6t.png83_zpsiooidaph.png84_zpsx47ucamm.png85_zpse93np9qt.png
There's actually a good reason why I didn't want Milady to kill the Paladin in the end. It turns out the promoted enemies do have stealables.
The Falcoknight is carrying an Elixir. The Paladin is carrying a Knight's Crest. And I remember that FE6 doesn't have droppables. If I killed that Paladin, good bye third/fourth Knight's Crest!
While I don't necessarily need the Knight's Crest, I could use it for selling. I'll still try to get it. But how to avoid the possibility that Milady will kill the Paladin?
86_zpsvm0iatvt.png
And I swear there was a Druid that put Geese to sleep around this area...
87_zpsyph6xycn.png
Nope but there are more Pegasus Knights now in range to attack Astore. Since the staff Druids move last, I could have Saul restore Geese and Geese move to protect Astore. We'll see, though.
Igrene kills the Falcoknight easily by Iron Bow.
Saul has Geese wake up.
Lilina heals Igrene by Tina's staff.
88_zpsb3ksywj0.png
Stupid inaccurate axes.
Elphin plays Geese so Geese can put himself on the peak to Astore's east. He equips his Iron Axe for the Steel Lance-only Pegasus Knights.
Shanna trades the Silver Card to Niime in exchange for Niime's Heal.
Niime goes to the Vendor. In order: four Heals, five Physics, one Restore. I think I should have enough Door Keys. This brings me down to 14815G.
Roy trades Niime for the Silver Card.
Zeiss and Allen Rescue-Drop Roy further north.
Milady visits the village.
89_zpsybaoithb.png
Free items are free items!
90_zpsgdyhen77.png91_zpswi2kymcl.png92_zpseqzx512a.png93_zpsohvt9csu.png
Milady's Dark affinity. Which part of the prophecy does she count as?
The wind he talks of is an Aircalibur tome he randomly gives us. The last screenshot is what he says last. I go, "Okay."
Milady will then move west, out of range of that Paladin.
94_zpswyhcdghn.png
Lance is the north Paladin. This ends Turn 2.
Steel Lance Pegasus Knight manages to land a 13 hit, 9 damage attack on Lance. Lance's Iron Axe says she dies.
The other Steel Lance Pegasus Knight misses Lance. Lances tells her to die and she does.
Sleep Druid puts Astore to sleep guaranteed. Hey! I actually need this one!

[spoiler=Chapter 19-2 - *Astore and Milady Tag-Team with Elphin*]
Turn 3
95_zpshdnrga5x.png

I'll need to wake Astore up. Also, I have plans for Igrene to get both flier kills.
The Falcoknight has an Elixir but I don't care. I got plenty now.

Igrene kills the Pegasus Knight easy.
Elphin plays Igrene.
Saul restores Astore.
Astore moves ahead to scout in the darkness.

96_zpsmvpt9ttz.png97_zpssmkhuvyh.png
There is that pesky Sleep Druid. I can get him with Milady.

There's a higher chance Milady will miss the Druid with her Steel Sword. I attempt for her to get the Druid. She does miss one attack!
And thus it was a good thing I didn't use Igrene's action yet. Igrene finishes off the Druid.
Lilina heals Lance with Tina's Staff.
Lance goes with Steel Axe in hand to attack the Falcoknight. Lance manages to kill her without damage.
Allen and Shanna Rescue-Drop Elphin away from ballista range. Before she drops, though, she trades Lilina the Heal staff.

98_zpsivw6kehe.png
Zeiss lands on the spot the arrow stops. He should be safe here for the Turn 3 enemy phase.

Paladin is now in sight, as well as a new Pegasus Knight.
Ballista Archer misses Rutger.

Turn 4
99_zpskudhsjhq.png

It's probably best I don't counter the Paladin this turn.

Astore relights a Torch so we can now see that ballista Archer. I also can see another Pegasus Knight, Troubadour, and Cavalier.
Milady backtracks and gets healed by Lilina.
Igrene takes out a Pegasus Knight. She's less than a quarter away from S bows.
I said I wouldn't try to counter the Paladin if I could but I think Lance and his 1 crit chance won't kill the Paladin.
Elphin plays Milady.
Milady kills off the ballista Archer.
Zeiss visits the last house which is to the northeast.

100_zpsss1xna0j.png101_zpsnytxlidj.png102_zpsrepycyw6.png
Thank you for this information, helpful citizen. I will end Bern's tyranny on Ilia soon!

103_zpsfktghquz.png
East Paladin is Lance. I made sure not to have Allen get within three squares of Lance. Milady is seven squares north of Lilina.
Ending the turn with Niime moving to space indicated.

For some strange reason, the Pegasus Knight goes for Shanna, despite there is a completely defenseless Igrene right there. Steel Lance Pegasus Knight misses Shanna. Shanna cuts her down with an Iron Sword.
Silver Lance Paladin takes the fight with Lance into the forests. He misses Lance. Lance whacks him twice.
Javelin Cavalier can't hit Lance.
Physic Druid heals Paladin.

Turn 5
104_zps39j3g5gf.png

I turned off Terrain data for this screenshot. Also: time to steal a Knight's Crest from the Paladin.
Astore's full on items so...

Shanna trades Roy Tina's Staff for the Silver Card.
Roy trades the Tina's Staff over to Rutger.
Astore trades Roy the Elixirs and then...

105_zpsgoyilfgg.png
Promotion items!
I reveal a new Cavalier.

Igrene kills off the Troubadour because I think there's still the x2 weapon EXP for a kill in FE6.
Allen rides forward so Lance gets support bonuses.
Lance lodges his Iron Axe into the Cavalier for another kill. That's also a level for Lance!

106_zps2mcm6sco.png
Oh my god
Nooooooooo

Geese equips the Hand Axe and has Lance switch to his Javelin for the oncoming Cavalier.
Elphin plays Astore.
Zeiss rescues Roy.
Saul softens up the Paladin.
It's been a long time since Rutger saw kills. Rutger and the Paladin miss once. Rutger then shows Swordmasters are crit-happy.

107_zps2vr7j38f.png
I feel like there is a Secret Shop in the area around the northwest ballista, so Shanna will check that area out.
Milady is going eastward towards a ballista.
Niime will move to Lilina's west to end Turn 5.

The ballista Milady was heading towards turns out to be a Long Ballista. He misses.
Cavalier that has a Javelin switches to a spare Steel Sword to attack Allen. He misses and Allen kills him with his Hand Axe.

Turn 6
108_zps0sbjbywa.png

The only problem is that Milady can't attack that Long Ballista this turn unless I can somehow have Astore stand in a place he can see the ballista.
There are no other enemies in the current sight.

Astore moves to reveal...

110_zpslnkj9olm.png
The ballista Archer and a Druid with Physic and Silence. No weapon on the Druid. Free EXP, anyone?

Milady gives up on the Long Ballista for the one revealed. Elphin plays Milady.
Milady kills the ballista Archer.
Lilina heals Geese.
Allen and Geese Rescue-Drop Astore more southeast. I discover a Pegasus Knight down south.
Saul, Rutger, and Igrene do a Rescue-Drop so Elphin is more southeast.

111_zpsuuivrx4y.png
I'm not too worried about Silence because I have Niime and Saul. Shanna didn't discover any secret shops.
Zeiss moves to end Turn 6.

Hidden Steel Lance Pegasus Knight hits Milady. Milady one-hit kills her.
Steel Lance Pegasus Knight misses Lance. Lance kills her with his Javelin blows.
Cavaliers in sight! One goes for Milady with his Steel Sword and hits her. Milady slaughters him.
Hidden Silver Lance Falcoknight hits Milady for 12 damage. Milady kills her. That's a level up!

113_zpsiqmz0tpw.png
Not more Skill...
Milady is now I think at A swords.

Silver Lance Paladin doesn't get a hit on Milady. Milady crit-kills him. I hope he didn't have a Knight's Crest to steal too.
North Long Ballista Archer misses Milady. Did I say north? Yes. Because I realize that this ballista has the same design as the one southeastern.
So the southeastern Long Ballista Archer can attack Milady as well. He misses.
Hidden Steel Lance Pegasus Knight hits Milady. Milady ends her life in one swoop.
Hidden Steel Lance Cavalier misses Milady. That's another kill for my Wyvern Mistress.
Javelin Cavalier misses Milady.
Silence Druid successfully silences Lilina. Hey! I need her to staffbot!

Turn 7
114_zps4xtmlkyi.png

Milady top tier. And yep, she's at A swords. Her Steel Sword's about to break though.

Astore moves slightly to the east and uses another Torch. He reveals a Pegasus Knight.
With Allen's support, Lance is able to kill the Druid on the fort with his Javelin. It was pretty unlikely too with two 54 hit chances.
Elphin plays Astore.
Astore moves to the southeast to reveal the Long Ballista Archer.
Milady charges in with Javelin in hand to attack the Long Ballista Archer. She gets damaged further but she is able to kill that ballista Archer. One more to go!
Rutger, Igrene, and Geese Rescue-Drop Elphin so he doesn't have to cross the forest.
Saul restores Lilina. And here I thought Restore was not that good. Turns out FE6 really hiked up the status staff accuracy to not bad levels so the Restore staff has actual use.

115_zpsop0y4bk7.png
Go, Astore! I believe in you to be a dodgetank.
Zeiss moves to Saul's west.

Astore dodges the Steel Lance Pegasus Knight and counters twice. I only gave him a 2-use Iron Sword so that now breaks. I wasn't expecting him to be in combat.
But that's all good. Now he won't have WTD against the lance Cavaliers, like the one with the Steel Lance. He dodges this one too.
Astore moves out of the way of a Long Ballista shot.
Javelin Cavalier takes up the fort and misses Astore.

Turn 8
116_zpstzd2pvsn.png

My goal now is to reveal the north Long Ballista Archer so Milady can kill that guy. Cavaliers got to go first.

Let's show off Niime against the west Cavalier.

117_zpsz9aackte.png
I think it kind of looks weird in terms of proportion and posture. But now it's badass old lady time.
How did I not notice this before. Was Flux slightly slower in FE6?
Niime kills off the Cavalier easy. I got to build up that Dark rank somehow.

Igrene finishes off the Pegasus Knight.
Allen whips out the Iron Axe and kills off the fort Cavalier.
I move Astore just in sight of the Long Ballista Archer.
Elphin plays Milady.
Milady tells the Long Ballista Archer to die. No more ballista Archers! With this, the close to victory theme plays. I guess there's only three or so enemies left?
Lance rescues Astore and waits on the fort. I won't be able to see for a bit but I do want that Pegasus Knight to die. Lance will be just in range of her.
I think it's safe to let Shanna go towards the village. Hopefully there's no other Archers to take up ballistae...

118_zpskyix8ll3.png
You can see Milady's sight up there. She is two spaces south from where the ballista Archer was.
Zeiss is still carrying Roy and he moves to Geese's north.

Steel Lance Pegasus Knight misses Shanna. Shanna cuts her down.
Oh hi! There are Knights in the dark. Good thing this Javelin Knight is facing Javelin Milady. He misses and falls to Milady's superiority.

Turn 9
119_zps3an34yrv.png

Time to start wrapping this chapter up.

Elphin plays Lance.
Lance drops Astore onto the fort north.

120_zps06trrlor.png121_zpsn24nsxzy.png
Hi how's it going
I guess Torch decreases don't happen if the unit is rescued when the turn rolls over. I shall note this for future playthroughs.

Oh hey, there's the boss.

122_zpsv705nddi.png123_zps4sfjqy5a.png
Would Sigune have a talk with Shanna and Tate? I mean, I don't think she's related to them as family; but, at the same time, I haven't met their third sister.
All she's got is a Spear. I guess I can risk having Shanna talk to her if at all possible.
But a Level 9 Falcoknight boss at this point in the game? Really? A Level 1 promoted unit wouldn't get 100 EXP. Close but no cigar.
I bet Saul would. He got quite a bit of EXP from last map's Cavaliers. More than the average promoted unit. I would guess Bishops in FE6 are based on some different value. What value though I have not a clue.

Shanna visits the village.

124_zpsa288bfeu.png
Don't do it, old man!

125_zpsefa4ijog.png
Good choice.

126_zpsrxcbnksx.png127_zpsectvuyi5.png
Energy Ring...?

128_zpspuaphrxa.png
Yep.
Don't know who to give this to since Shanna got the last one. I think I'll hold onto this until I have an idea.
Or someone could recommend a unit since I would like to use it as soon as I can for maximum usage.

That Troubadour is free EXP and weapon EXP. I think I'll give her to Igrene once Igrene can reach her.

Milady gets damaged taking out the Steel Lance Knight with her Steel Sword. More HP for Lilina to heal--except I think one Heal should top Milady's HP. Lilina and her awesome Magic stat don't give fucks.
Rutger and Saul Rescue-Drop Lilina so she's not on the fort.
Then it's Saul's turn to get Rescue-Dropped by Allen and Geese so he's not on the fort anymore.

129_zpsmsncpxhl.png
Milady is to the south of where the Knight was. The Knight was to the boss's southeast.
Niime moves as east as she can to end Turn 9.

Turn 10

No beginning turn screenshot because now there's no more movable enemies. So...

Igrene kills the Troubadour just as planned. She's very close to S bows.
Shanna's still not finding secret shops. I guess she'll head towards the boss.
Milady goes back to get a well-deserved healing from Lilina.
Zeiss finally drops Roy in range of the throne.

I think I'll give the boss kill to the unit that can benefit from weapon EXP and will level up from her. That looks to be Igrene.

Lance rescues Niime.
Elphin plays Niime.
Lance drops Niime near the boss. Niime may get some weapon EXP and chip EXP next turn.
Allen and Astore Rescue-Drop Igrene near the boss.

130_zpsovcxhnl3.png
When do reinforcements come out?
Rutger moves towards the group to end this turn.

Turn 11

I guess I can finish this up now.
Then I realize the boss has a pretty high crit chance. And actually a decent Attack stat.
Oh man.

Niime has enough Luck to not have a crit chance from Sigune.

131_zpsvpzvktf5.png132_zpsgxhux7ul.png133_zpsmmzkrsvv.png
If you crit-kill my other units, then yes.
Niime hits Sigune and dodges the counter.

Oh yeah. I am supposed to see if Shanna and Sigune have a conversation. Do they?

134_zpsy9ktifn7.png135_zpsrvju8sxg.png136_zpsxxslpluo.png

137_zpsqyetiuht.png138_zpsu3nxuwvu.png
That's right. In Shanna's death quote, she says Juno. Sigune's not related to Shanna at all.
Regardless: special boss quote with Shanna. Tate would likely have one as well.
Shanna gets to cuts into Sigune. Shanna suffers no damage.

139_zpsubhahqd6.png
Please don't miss and get crit-killed.

144_zpsiuuoiipy.png
Down goes Sigune.

140_zpsasimjahh.png141_zpsgbesa1md.png142_zpss2y1729t.png143_zpsf9btgzlx.png
You had potential to kill me with your crits. I think you have the highest crit chance from a boss so far.

Igrene levels up to get...

145_zpst7why6ua.png
Okay, okay. I know her stat gains haven't been that great but her bases were awesome. I will take this.

That's also HP Lilina can heal.

I think I'll wait a few turns before seizing to see if I can find the secret shop. I have Elphin and Astore on the forts and Roy on the castle so---

Wait. On Turn 11 enemy phase, the camera shifted towards the southwest. einforcements. That's great. I'm going to guess Pegasus Knight or Brigand reinforcements.
Yeah, sure. I can investigate while keeping an eye out for potential secret shops.

More reinforcements on Turn 12 enemy phase. I think Shanna's sight should have seen Pegasus Knights if they came towards her. Are these Brigands?

146_zpsmzuonhxf.png
I'm not that incompetent at guessing these things.
Shanna's close to leveling up, I think. Sure. While I build support points, I can have her kill Brigands.
There may be something else I do as well.

Uh...
On Turn 13 enemy phase, music that sounded like a cutscene? Which music is that? I guess I can search it up real quick.
It's "Polar Enemy." This didn't play in the other reinforcement turns. What's up with that?

147_zpsj8fncqwn.png
Darn it, Shanna. Seven levels of no Strength. What happened to my unpromoted Shanna of godly Strength?

148_zpsm3kbidru.png
Let the free bow EXP and EXP fun commence.
Archer/Sniper x Ballista. I ship this.

149_zps9e8mavae.png
I will not accept this, Igrene.

By Turn 18, Igrene now has S bows, Shanna has C swords, Lilina got a little bit of staff EXP, and Lance got one axe EXP kill.
Now Roy seizes the castle.

150_zpsuhximurk.png
More letters!

151_zpsqj2jqvdv.png152_zps5f3amyhd.png
We did promise Yoder, after all.

153_zpspwzsj7jd.png154_zpsayxppsu0.png
Good, Roy. You kept Merlinus out because Merlinus is a horrible person.
A horrible person to me, the tactician, that is.

155_zpsivnsex1f.png
Dammit Roy

157_zpsqsqjpkvj.png
Hi Guinivere

158_zpswq0cof97.png159_zpskfw7ruv8.png
Ulp. Time for the juicy details. Lay it on me, Guinivere.

162_zpsj6b3kesp.png163_zpsynxw2rd9.png
This will be news to Roy.
Can we start when your fox got murdered?

164_zpssmdgifm3.png166_zpsfycf8e0p.png
:O

167_zpst75ttycv.png168_zpsmisd5fie.png
Here's where things get more sympathetic for Zephiel.

169_zps1ngausuh.png170_zps9klyg6bp.png171_zpsra9pqbdi.png
His dad was a shit man.

172_zpscys756et.png173_zps7knrfmeu.png
FUCKING MERLINUS
YOU RUINED THE BACKSTORY

174_zpssz5z3atf.png175_zps37pph9sp.png
Now look what you did, Merlinus.
Thanks a lot. Now Roy doesn't know the full story until later. Way to go, old man.

176_zpsv6bjealw.png
YES

177_zps0gainr8z.png178_zps8wovbjip.png179_zpszjxw2syh.png
I could tell you if you would listen to me outside of the battlefield.

Milady is the perfect ballista Archer killer. Niime is badass.
No secret shops I could find. Mm...
This chapter wasn't that bad, but I could see things going downhill real fast in Hard Mode.

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord         20.00    34     15      16      16      16       7      10
Allen      Paladin       6.68    46     20      19      20      11      13       5
Lance      Paladin       4.56    42     15      15      24      11       9       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight   8.21    39(+7) 15(+2)  21      27      22       8      10
Rutger     Swordmaster   4.95    43     16      24      23       7      10       6
Saul       Bishop        2.68    32     14      17      19       4       5      18
Lilina     Sage          8.74    32     26      11      17      13       6      18
Astore     Thief        16.64    31      8      10      17      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper        9.01    40     18      19      19       9      11      10
Elphin     Bard         20.00    26      1       4      20      24       6       8
Geese      Berserker     3.16    50     19      17(+4)  14      12      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord  12.64    52     25      23      20       9      16       6
Zeiss      Wyvern Rider 20.00    37     20      16      12       8      13       3

Reset: 7
Lost: 4
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen

[spoiler=Chapter 19-1 - *Snow in our Eyes*]

20_zpsdgssk4bz.png21_zpshkrhdidn.png
Why fight for Bern then? Expend your energy and life elsewhere like, I don't know, playing some Nine Man's Morris or whatever games Fire Emblem continents have.
23_zps9mmtgfjp.png
But if we defeated Bern, wouldn't we be better at warfare than Bern?
Sense this makes not.
24_zpsbv57akva.png
Generics: being the more sensible people than named people.
26_zpsoi94n2gw.png27_zpsdj0jcbh5.png
Delphi Shield powers: activate!
28_zpszqgfvxlm.png
I must be very careful of Shanna and Zeiss. I don't think even with Elphin's assistance Shanna can reach the first... Archer or Sniper.
If the ballistae units are Snipers, I don't think she'll be able to take them down.
29_zpspta6plvg.png30_zpsv06wwnwk.png31_zpsplxalcf5.png
I got Astore with a Torch. I think I'll be okay against nature's wrath.
32_zpsc7lzk7vq.png
Oh right. I did get Niime, didn't I? I didn't check if she was in the roster to deploy.
Over at the Vendor...
68_zpscqdu5jwk.png69_zpsmymmofd1.png
Did someone say buyable Physics and cheaper Heals?
I won't buy them right now since Roy didn't come in with the Silver Card but I do plan on buying plenty of Physics and Heals. Maybe... let's see... five Physics and five Heals? Maybe less on the Heals. I'll come back to it.
72_zpskrggkifb.png
Interesting nickname.
73_zpspzk9qtvy.png74_zpslgsths2o.png75_zpsemybeoqd.png
So how come Shanna and--most likely--Tate can't see through this darkness? You're lying to me, woman!
76_zpsraelkqcv.png
This is Normal Mode. You know what I say to that?
Not very likely.
(Ugh, and I read that "You're already dead" line in Tharja's voice. Ugh. UGH.)
88_zpsb3ksywj0.png
Stupid inaccurate axes.

u5r.gif
...And why that you must be neutralized as your a traitorous bitch that will soon spill the beans to Bern.
Can get a case of snowblindness.
I guess that it doesn't happen since peggies don't wear goggles.
Normally, you couldn't buy these in the other 2 GBA games without the secret shops and knowing the locations of where they are.
Tampering with the laws of Physics for the last time. They aren't wearing goggles when this powerful blizzard isn't good for your eyes. They'd really get a case of snow blindness.
To make up for it's better power over other weapons is why that the acc is nerfed.

[spoiler=Chapter 19-2 - *Astore and Milady Tag-Team with Elphin*]

144_zpsiuuoiipy.png

Down goes Sigune.

140_zpsasimjahh.png141_zpsgbesa1md.png142_zpss2y1729t.png143_zpsf9btgzlx.png

You had potential to kill me with your crits. I think you have the highest crit chance from a boss so far.

147_zpsj8fncqwn.png

Darn it, Shanna. Seven levels of no Strength. What happened to my unpromoted Shanna of godly Strength?

149_zps9e8mavae.png

I will not accept this, Igrene.

By Turn 18, Igrene now has S bows, Shanna has C swords, Lilina got a little bit of staff EXP, and Lance got one axe EXP kill.

Now Roy seizes the castle.

167_zpst75ttycv.png168_zpsmisd5fie.png

Here's where things get more sympathetic for Zephiel.

169_zps1ngausuh.png170_zps9klyg6bp.png171_zpsra9pqbdi.png

His dad was a shit man.

Milady is the perfect ballista Archer killer. Niime is badass.

No secret shops I could find. Mm...

This chapter wasn't that bad, but I could see things going downhill real fast in Hard Mode.

One less traitor to worry about.
C'mon, Shanna.
Bless like you did for meeeeeee.
Other than Shin/Sin, Igrene beats them all anyway.
If it weren't for him, he'd be like what we see in the Rogues and Redeemers DLC's.
Bold: Niime only gets these good weapon ranks as weapon EXP is slow in this game and that hardly, if not, no one else can use the Physic/status staves.
Edited by PuffPuff

Niime's awesome definitely because of the lack of investment needed. A-staves is virtually impossible for any of your capable combat mages (except Saul) to get, and the investment of turns needed to get both A-staves and A-dark is astronomical. Combine that with her excellent bases (except HP, but many players like to throw her an Angelic Robe and let her get to work) means that you have a guaranteed capable combat unit or staffbot (depending on your needs) even if the rest of your units got RNG screwed. Also, she saves you a Guiding Ring in a very Guiding Ring starved game.

Sigune is one of my favorite bosses, I actually really like her personality and flavor (and dying quote!). Unfortunately, she's rather non-threatening at this point in the game (even in HM), and an average Miledy will absolutely crush her (especially since Sigune's decent speed is severely diminished by the weight of the Spear and her low-ish Con).

Overall, 19I is honestly in my opinion one of the least threatening chapters in the late-game (minimal troll reinforcements, no berzerks, no siege tomes, easy boss, no wyverns) and the main challenge is just making sure your thieves/(bard/dancer)/healers don't get whacked by random enemies through the fog.

Make Durandal!Miledy a thing!

Also, Rutger lost his spotlight after Miledy came in. He's still one of, if not THE best Durandal options you have right now(unless Allen has S swords. Or you could give it to Miledy to boost her strength beyond its cap.

Edited by momogeek2141

I guess that it doesn't happen since peggies don't wear goggles.

Normally, you couldn't buy these in the other 2 GBA games without the secret shops and knowing the locations of where they are.

To make up for it's better power over other weapons is why that the acc is nerfed.

C'mon, Shanna.

Bless like you did for meeeeeee.

Other than Shin/Sin, Igrene beats them all anyway.

If it weren't for him, he'd be like what we see in the Rogues and Redeemers DLC's.

Bold: Niime only gets these good weapon ranks as weapon EXP is slow in this game and that hardly, if not, no one else can use the Physic/status staves.

I wish Shanna and Tate got goggles...

Yep. I was surprised they appeared in a normal shop. I was starting to suspect I wouldn't get another one after Niime.

But I mean don't nerf axes until they're almost unusable. I can be at least grateful that this isn't the earlier FE games with Speed - Weight and 20 Weight Iron Axes like you kidding me

Shanna is falling and falling

Nah, it's just out of curiosity of how Igrene's growths are. Her bases are great. I made a mistake on an earlier part where I thought she came as Level 2 Sniper. The only thing I can see as an issue is that she starts with B bows and comes later than Klain who comes with A bows.

Right? Unfortunately, it was not to be for Zephiel.

I suspected that with Niime. That just makes her that more badass!

Niime's awesome definitely because of the lack of investment needed. A-staves is virtually impossible for any of your capable combat mages (except Saul) to get, and the investment of turns needed to get both A-staves and A-dark is astronomical. Combine that with her excellent bases (except HP, but many players like to throw her an Angelic Robe and let her get to work) means that you have a guaranteed capable combat unit or staffbot (depending on your needs) even if the rest of your units got RNG screwed. Also, she saves you a Guiding Ring in a very Guiding Ring starved game.

Sigune is one of my favorite bosses, I actually really like her personality and flavor (and dying quote!). Unfortunately, she's rather non-threatening at this point in the game (even in HM), and an average Miledy will absolutely crush her (especially since Sigune's decent speed is severely diminished by the weight of the Spear and her low-ish Con).

Overall, 19I is honestly in my opinion one of the least threatening chapters in the late-game (minimal troll reinforcements, no berzerks, no siege tomes, easy boss, no wyverns) and the main challenge is just making sure your thieves/(bard/dancer)/healers don't get whacked by random enemies through the fog.

This is very true. I'm thinking of giving her an Angelic Robe. Not like I can think who's desperate for one and Niime's HP comes pretty low for a Level 18 Druid.

Sigune's not that bad on Hard either? Interesting. I guess it helps that she doesn't get the Def and Avoid boost from the castle.

So far the Ilia route isn't that hard but I'll hold off on judgment until I finish the Sacae route.

Also, Rutger lost his spotlight after Miledy came in. He's still one of, if not THE best Durandal options you have right now(unless Allen has S swords. Or you could give it to Miledy to boost her strength beyond its cap.

I've been trying!

I think that was bound to happen when Rutger is a six-movement, sword-locked unit. He's still a very good unit--but I can't help myself when Milady is right there and able to get enemies across mountains and peaks among just making my life easier, haha.

I've been trying to work on Allen and Milady towards S swords but if they don't, no stress. Rutger can benefit from the 21 Strength.

*First part ends before Turn 5 begins

What's next on our list of things to do?

[spoiler=Chapter 20-1 - *Elysian Whip out-of-reach*]

1_zpssxsijzz2.png

Down goes one of the few Pegasus Knight/Falcoknight bosses in Fire Emblem history.

2_zpsl6yhmpp9.png

The Bern headquarters in Ilia, right?

3_zpshshw6g6f.png4_zpsnzipleum.png

So... This I know is a gaiden requirement chapter. And all of them have been about keeping someone alive.

Is it Jerrot's turn? Or is this just backstory for a character that hasn't been mentioned since, like, Chapter 8?

They did the same thing with Saul and it confuses me.

5_zpsxo1yjedd.png6_zpskrzw53tu.png

I guess they got too scared by Jerrot's prepromote-ness before.

7_zpszxuvvngs.png8_zpstcku2t6r.png

Oh yeah. It's time to punch Roartz's nose in.

9_zpszjnunbuo.png10_zpsdjhu6nch.png11_zpsfjaxd0tt.png

gg Roartz

12_zpsnmk123ce.png

Welcome to Chapter 20, another gaiden requirement chapter!

Getting to the goal point doesn't look that bad, but there are a few things going on.

13_zps7q6cpsa9.png14_zps4hiz7juq.png

Look who's locked up in this room. It's Shanna and Tate's sister--who's also apparently Jerrot's wife from her description. Huh.

Yes. Juno. Here she comes as a Level 9 Falcoknight and... uh... not really that good, in my opinion.

She better come with a good Strength growth because that 11 Strength is not going to be doing her anything.

Tate as a Level 8 Pegasus Knight from Chapter 10B/11A starts with 6 Strength, +2 from promotion, so she would need just three more Strength to get to Juno's Strength. As a Level 1 Falcoknight.

And Tate would likely get more of every other stat besides Defense so... Yeah.

Since she's here, maybe I should keep her alive for gaiden requirement? After all, this used to be the base for Pegasus Knights too. Maybe her survival nets me the gaiden.

15_zpsk0ar0t9k.png

Here are some shops. I'll just send one mount to take care of this.

18_zps1swle2mb.png

There's an Arena.

16_zpsishu9gqr.png17_zpsoz9uqihq.png

Plenty of chests here. I think this would be a Cath chapter.

By the way, I do have Cath on my alternate run now. I thought someone said four talks gets me Cath but it's actually three. She joined us on her third appearance, which I think is the one with Raigh.

I'll show that off after getting the gaiden here.

There's a couple ballistae and---

19_zpsa2gsbzr2.png20_zpsyimwhdpb.png

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

I DON'T HAVE WARP

SCREW YOU

21_zps95qi7frq.png22_zps75fdswfq.png23_zpst9a0tp2p.png24_zpsop7jygpu.png

25_zpszjbtmlxg.png26_zps9tmzykec.png27_zpsrqpik1es.png28_zpsyyavbsrb.png

EVERYONE SHALL DIE

29_zpspw45icn0.png

Other than that... Elysian Whip ballista Archer screw you

This Druid has a Red Gem. The boss also has a Red Gem.

30_zpsf1zitbg2.png31_zpskfqzola9.png

Time to bash this guy's teeth in.

31 Strength, 11 crit, 23 Defense, and 14 Resistance with a Spear. I'll be a bit wary taking him down. That 11 crit is evil.

Still not that good of a boss for leveling but Lilina could easily take the kill with a Roy support to back up more dodging and crit-canceling.

32_zps7ege6xsi.png

I'm taking out Geese and Zeiss. I feel Jerrot may be necessary for Juno and Niime because there's a few Sleep and Berserk Druids and I can't risk someone like Saul going to sleep or berserk.

I'm running out of room for Merlinus' convoy so I'll be doing some selling and filling unused characters' slots.

Of importance, I'm selling off all my promotion items (Orion's Bolt, Hero's Crest, and Knight's Crest) because--outside of Zeiss--I think I'm done promoting. There shouldn't be any more recruitable unpromoted units at this point of the game...

33_zpsogf15htv.png

With this formation, I hope to take out the east ballista Archer and have Allen and Lance in position to counter. Saul and Niime will be used on first turn to ensure safety if all goes according to plan.

From north to south, the Paladins are: Jerrot, Lance, Allen.

Let's liberate Ilia!

34_zps8yvqrnbb.png

We are heroes!

35_zpsnxkbvbn8.png

It looks deathly today, doesn't it?

36_zps8llpvqgo.png37_zpsqb5zksdf.png

Murdock wasn't kidding when he said that those incompetent deserved to be left behind.

38_zpsaqpcpp4k.png39_zpsh54utboa.png

You guys, is this the ninth or tenth instance of a woman getting locked or trapped somewhere?

Like holy shit. At worst I expected five times, not ten!

40_zpshvqs907o.png42_zpsiwht4mpl.png

I still find it weird how Jerrot suddenly became of importance again.

This scene only makes me think bringing Jerrot was a good choice.

44_zpsxiu3aulu.png45_zps0yu5ct3z.png

If all the Ilia units were like Sigune, I could see why. She was haughty and rightly got smacked down by us.

46_zpsjmckfahy.png

Look who's talking.

47_zpsjp4ie923.png

Yes he will.

Over at the cell...

48_zps0lucipuk.png49_zpsyf0m4ard.png50_zpsf17fw6mr.png

Kind Juno is kind.

51_zpstiosmcjp.png

She should be used to cold weather because, if her official art is any indication, she suffers from immense cold thighs ALL the time.

52_zpsloufl6x7.png53_zpsmiawglwf.png

Jerrot's going to save his hunnies. That whole jail cell is full of women.

54_zpspb9rpbgm.png

I may have been just right to take Jerrot with me.

Thank you, Juno's description!

56_zpsweyq6ovm.png57_zpscp8mqa1b.png58_zpse1inkyxw.png

Indeed, Juno. Jerrot can tell you how he was my prepromote before getting benched by the superior Allen. Good times.

Husband and wife catch-up!

59_zpsumyqgulf.png60_zpson5gzmwf.png61_zps1wh0mjtm.png

Pro strats, Roy.

Except no FE9/10 base mechanics. 0/10.

62_zpszy0zopnl.png64_zps8hgwrxgx.png

Can we finally get filled in on this? By "we" I mean "Roy"?

65_zpsqlsqokxp.png66_zpsybh4prn8.png68_zps3towx2v3.png

No new information because power of being in the past with Zephiel, the little shit in Battle Before Dawn.

Save him in Battle Before Dawn, get rewarded with him being a tyrant in the future.

Thank you, Intelligent Systems!

69_zpsbjweu80a.png70_zpsoyypswiu.png71_zpsgw3bxvel.png72_zpszf5jrn8e.png

If there's anything Intelligent Systems has taught us over multiple games: "Don't marry or screw people if it's forced."

This is: Nyna/Hardin, Deirdre (brainwashed)/Alvis, Zephiel's father (I forget his name)/Helen(a?).

73_zpsybky31cv.png74_zpsgnhl4kyb.png75_zpsabfx6u7i.png76_zps7ubtpnq2.png

I'll accept the brilliant scholar part but a prodigy in combat?

Battle Before Dawn, Battle Before Dawn, Battle Before Dawn

77_zps8mr9i3yl.png78_zps2wpv0r5s.png79_zpsqnnbg0w5.png

Grah! Stop interrupting the backstory before it's too late!

81_zpspeqtwpto.png82_zps1gu72dnq.png

Damned interruptions.

Turn 1 enemy positions

83_zpsu0vzrng8.png

Let's get to it.

I thought Igrene could take out the Mercenary with her Longbow but she is one point shy. Darn, Igrene. I'll just have to improvise.

Elphin plays Milady.

Milady gets up to the ballista Archer and uses Al's Sword to fell him.

Saul uses Rescue on Milady. Because of that Sleep Druid, I don't want her stuck there.

Igrene and Rutger Rescue-Drop Elphin out of the Mercenary's range.

Niime barriers Allen.

Lance goes down to the east Fighter with his Swordreaver.

84_zpszvbnznmb.png

Lance builds up momentum for a crit-kill. Go away!

The Knight has a Horseslayer but Allen goes at him with his Iron Axe. Horseslayer Knight doesn't hit Allen at 19 hit. Allen kills him.

Shanna visits the Armory.

85_zpskd9va9xj.png86_zpsc46hc9o1.png87_zpsrrvoql3w.png

Lots of available weapons. Does this mark the first access of Silvers too?

I'll go buy the following: 3 Iron Swords, 3 Silver Swords, 2 Silver Lances.

88_zpsgjw1cbst.png

Jerrot has rescued Roy and will move to the indicated space.

Allen is the southwest Paladin. Shanna is two spaces north and one space west from the Mercenary.

Turn 1 ends.

Armorslayer Mercenary misses speedy Lance. Lance slaughters him.

Armorslayer Mercenary hits Lance. Lance hits him once.

Lancereaver Mercenary has a 8 crit chance on Saul. He only hits Saul. Saul kills him with exact damage and levels up.

89_zpsdvvuavqm.png

I like Magic.

Steel Sword Mercenary hits Shanna. Shanna kills in retaliation.

Steel Sword Mercenary misses Shanna. Shanna doesn't have enough Attack to finish him.

Swordreaver Fighter misses Saul. Saul leaves the Fighter barely dead.

Steel Axe Fighter doesn't get Niime. Niime shows off why she's a badass old lady and kills him.

Hand Axe Fighter hits Saul, bringing Saul down to 3 HP. Crap! Saul hits and then crit-kills.

Light Brand Hero misses Lance.

Longbow Sniper misses Lance.

Nosferatu Druid misses Lance. Everybody wants a piece of Lance.

Sleep Druid... tries to put Niime to sleep? Why? Niime dodges.

Other Sleep Druid tries to put Niime to sleep. What is with this? Niime dodges.

Physic Bishop heals a Mercenary.

Lightning Bishop misses Allen.

Turn 2

90_zpsriyhvehg.png

I just realized I didn't bring people with Door Keys. It's a good thing I brought Astore with another set of Lockpicks but still. I'm stupid.

Allen switches to the Iron Sword and attacks the Bishop. Bishop is able to hit Allen before he dies.

Lance switches Allen to the Hand Axe and then attacks the Sniper with his Killer Lance. Lance crit-kills.

91_zpsczff2724.png

After the last two chapters of disappointing level ups, this is a nice present.

Rutger takes out the Fighter.

92_zpsmhklpfwf.png

Not really feeling this.

Igrene shoots at the Mercenary until he dies.

The west side is going to need more manpower. Elphin plays Milady.

Milady kills the Hero with her Killer Lance while taking minor damage.

Lilina goes for the Nosferatu Druid. I was hoping she would dodge a 58 but she doesn't. Druid lives.

Astore has just enough Attack to kill the Druid. He kills and gets lots of EXP for a level up.

93_zpsb1xim1l2.png

I'm not that surprised anymore.

Niime kills the Mercenary to prevent Elphin getting attacked.

Shanna visits the Vendor.

94_zpsnuf4laqa.png95_zps0dlhrccn.png

The only thing I can see myself buying is another Fire. Saul and Niime have their weapons with a back-up stored. Lilina's got access to two Aircaliburs.

I'll buy a Fire and then have Shanna move towards the group.

96_zpsyrg4gcqc.png

Allen is southwest Paladin. Lance is southeast Paladin.

Saul to indicated space to end Turn 2.

Steel Sword Mercenary dies from Shanna.

97_zpsc8q6wykk.png

OH NO

Rutger suffers major damage. Rutger doesn't kill. OW.

Sleep Druid puts Niime to sleep. Blargh.

Sleep Druid puts Jerrot to sleep.

Purge Bishop hits Astore. Crap.

Turn 3

98_zps5f8byyfo.png

So. Reason why Saul was placed as he was: it was in case either Rutger or Igrene were put to sleep. Not the case anymore.

But the movement also allowed me to get anyone on the west side who got put to sleep.

99_zpsjaqayh85.png

Give me that.

Allen throws his Hand Axe at the Bishop in a crit-kill.

100_zpsctkqhu20.png

Good show, Allen!

Lilina dodges the Druid and ends him.

101_zpsryctob74.png

Micaiah stats

Saul restores Niime.

Niime heals Astore.

Elphin plays Saul.

Saul physics Rutger.

Rutger finishes the Killing Edge Mercenary.

102_zps1f70r4ax.png

Shanna is moving towards us. Lance is the southwest Paladin. Milady is going to move to Allen's west.

Killer Ballista Archer has a 8 hit chance and no crit on Lance. He misses.

Long Ballista Archer goes for Milady. He misses.

Axereaver Knight misses Rutger. Rutger crits twice to end the Knight.

Killing Edge Mercenary doesn't hit Lance. Lance kills.

Iron Blade Hero has a 1 crit chance to kill Rutger. He misses. Rutger crits once and then hits, not ending the Hero.

Sleep Druid tries to put Niime to sleep. He misses.

Turn 4

103_zpsfpaxteng.png

That's no more Sleep for that Druid.

I'm not sure where the Civilians will go so I better wait before I release them.

Rutger kills the Hero.

Igrene suffers from the Druid's Flux but she manages to kill him.

Saul restores Jerrot.

Lilina heals Saul.

Elphin plays Lilina.

Lilina heals Milady.

Niime heals Lilina.

104_zpsoetkeg0f.png

Milady is going to attack the Killer Bow Sniper across the wall with her Javelin.

Paladin highlighted is Allen. Allen's movement will end Turn 4.

Killer Ballista Archer hits Milady.

Long Ballista misses Lilina.

Killer Bow Sniper hits Milady. Milady misses one of her attacks.

Welp, I got in the Berserk Druid's range. Berserk Druid berserks Milady with guaranteed accuracy. Crap...

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 20-2 - *Jerrot*s Waifu*]
Turn 5
105_zpsddgmq18w.png

I have to get that Berserk status off of Milady before she attacks my units!
Even though Berserk is supposed to have her attack anyone close, I can't guarantee she will keep going after the Sniper.

Saul uses Rescue on Milady. I guess I'm going to have to bring Hammerne next map if I want Rescue to stay with me.

106_zpszjrahwgy.png
Sure. Magic.

Niime restores Milady.
Elphin plays Saul.
Saul barriers Lance.
Lilina heals Lance.
Allen trades Elphin his Steel Lance for a Pure Water, uses it, and moves southwest.
Lance with his Javelin and the Killer Bow Sniper have themselves a dodge party.

107_zpslbgvfoop.png
Trying to get rid of the ballistae shots.
Shanna will move to the indicated spot.

Killer Bow Sniper dies by Lance's Javelin.
Killer Ballista Archer misses Lance.
Long Ballista Archer misses Milady.
Berserk Druid berserks Lance. Argh.

Turn 6
108_zps1o8dm7pg.png

What is with their stupid accurate staves. Really.

Saul restores Lance.
Elphin plays Astore.
Astore unlocks the door towards the boss room.
Allen takes out the Horseslayer Knight at the door.
Shanna rescues Elphin and moves out of the way of the Killer Ballista Archer.
Lilina heals Shanna.
Milady drops Elphin out of range of ballistae and moves back to where she was.
Niime physics Igrene.
Igrene fails to take out the Bishop but hits him once.

109_zpskvqknyhm.png
I'll end Turn 6 like this.

Killer Ballista Archer hits Astore.
Long Ballista Archer hits Milady. Now they're on their last shots.
Berserk Druid misses Lance! Good! You can go away this following turn.

Turn 7
110_zpspftsbmz8.png

Sniper moved from the east side to the west. It's whatever.

Astore unlocks the door to the chests.
Lilina heals Astore.
Elphin plays Astore.

111_zpsekq3rzoq.png

Allen gives support bonuses to Lance as Lance attacks the Druid. Lance crit-kills and levels up.

112_zpsdmds7b0p.png
Stoooooop

Igrene finishes off the Bishop.
Shanna and Milady do the same thing as they did last turn so Elphin is safe and Milady can have the Long Ballista Archer use his last shot.

113_zpsaxav6zp4.png
Turn 7 results

114_zpsxrjpbuf3.png115_zpsikpnibui.png
I'll get to you in a second.
Allen dodges Roartz's Spear.

Astore dodges the last Killer Ballista shot.
Milady tanks the last Long Ballista shot.

Turn 8
116_zpsudctigwt.png

I'm thinking not much else is going to go on until reinforcements come or I get to all chests and the boss.

117_zpsegjpt1ju.png
Speed for Zeiss if I can promote him...

Lance softens up the Sniper.
Saul kills the Knight.
Allen finishes the Sniper.

Fast-forwarding to more important matters...

118_zpssmv69h0k.png

119_zpsk10ctthp.png

120_zpsh1bcu1an.png
Hey wifey

121_zpsnghy5nb4.png
Tenth trapped woman!

122_zpsadjextrz.png
Good early prepromote!

123_zpstj6vviwh.png124_zpsettbp3gd.png
"If any of them laid a finger on my waifu--"

125_zpsat8lsrlc.png
Says the woman that got locked up.

127_zpskih86djc.png128_zpsl41suzfz.png
"My waifu is safe."

129_zpsdohcykfh.png130_zpsjxhm7omn.png132_zpstsufucc1.png133_zpsputkl6bn.png
I didn't like the arrangement either, Juno. They kind of just changed the name without telling me.

135_zps8zybmuvf.png136_zpsqmftil81.png137_zpsezntvqum.png138_zpslsww2ado.png
Turned on by military uniform, Jerrot?
It's that or the short mini-skirt like sheesh that thing is tiny

139_zpsbnzkdttz.png
Guys, please, you can do it after the battle. This is not the kind of tension I need right now.

140_zps2kxfu7ra.png141_zpsgpbxdt57.png
Juno, please.

142_zpsrbrdm7ra.png143_zpskoq9hfu7.png144_zpsrvcvhwpu.png
I can't even tell anymore if that was me reading too much into that.

145_zpsauk9iv4m.png
It shows in the stats.

147_zpsryqxpjcs.png150_zpsborzr1cq.png
Show me the way to the gaiden chapter, Juno, and all will be forgiven about your stats.
You also would be contributing to protecting this land.

She joins us. I've already went over her stats.

151_zpsopwytxoo.png
During Turn 10's enemy phase, two Thief units appear.
I could have Astore take their Lockpicks and kill them. I'll see what I can do.

Still fast-forwarding

152_zps7hdjo7br.png

On Turn 11's enemy phase, three Fighters appear.

153_zpslgz8qqw8.png
Two things with this screenshot:
One, I didn't want Lilina to crit-kill him.
Two, there was a weird audio glitch where Roartz was still moving back to original position and Lilina starts to do the crit animation at the same time, resulting in Lilina having no sound for her little crystal thingies.

154_zpsx2qehnmv.png155_zpslkhfbhkk.png156_zpsjrvn3zwx.png
What crimes?
Anyways, Lilina levels up.

157_zpsbl32edev.png
She regains the Speed!

Civilians are heading towards where the Thief units and Fighters are. I probably will need to intercept them before they get to the Civilians.

158_zpsrc6swjtc.png
Shanna and Juno can talk. Tate would probably have one too if I brought her.
Let's have the sisters talk.

159_zpsoizksaso.png160_zpsrk877lom.png
Being a better Falcoknight.

161_zpsjtqf482i.png162_zps6x64o8er.png163_zpsddshmxht.png
I wouldn't say I knew Juno would be alright. Have you not heard what would have happened to Clarine and Cecilia if we didn't come?

164_zpsin4sdfbz.png165_zpstsj1m4nd.png166_zps9hia1rlo.png
That is not funny, Shanna.

167_zpscljduzfw.png
The counterargument.

168_zpsfehxez0d.png169_zpse9dvzmvl.png170_zpsodxurlyt.png
Hold the phone. I just saw something. Let me reset this convo...

171_zpsgemxg7d0.png
Sneaky programming errors

172_zpsy98hanle.png
In Normal Mode, sure...

173_zpsltkb7dcm.png174_zps3adwttpw.png
Seriously, Shanna.

175_zpskpydajhq.png176_zpskax6zt3a.png
You're not going to be fighting with your sister unless you're getting benched with her.
After all that I invested in you, Shanna, that's not going to happen.

177_zpsa35a2not.png178_zpsronbgwik.png
Indeed.

More Fighters on Turn 12's enemy phase.

179_zpsavzeklha.png

180_zpsxzybpdys.png
I can end this chapter next turn. Hopefully I got the gaiden.

Even more Fighters on Turn 13's enemy phase.

181_zpsrv1fm4e4.png

182_zpsthjgb6kj.png
Dang it, Milady. What happened to the other stats? I want my Wyvern Lords to be overpowered!

183_zpsbtyvudis.png

184_zpspvmhmd0q.png185_zps5prvp1ag.png186_zpso1d2fi38.png187_zpsin3uqoir.png
I finally can show off the pages I said I would do for gaiden requirement chapters.

Let's seize.

188_zpsznvtyix7.png
Don't be so hasty, Roy! What if we got ourselves a gaiden?

189_zpsaalu9hw2.png190_zpso1rxxrqj.png
Gaiden?!

192_zpsknri07vm.png194_zpskav1nanc.png
Yay gaiden

195_zps6o66fjaj.png
Posthaste, Roy my boy!

196_zpskwazfba5.png
I must have gotten this cutscene for keeping all the villagers alive.

200_zpslmxelts4.png201_zpsynhmzkjo.png
What could this be?

202_zpsccp2bngt.png203_zpsvbbqiel1.png
Guinivere is not pleased since they probably don't know she's Bern's princess.

204_zpslvorblwn.png
Cool! Don't know who to give this to (Niime?), but I'll accept this!

205_zpsmajkeitr.png
Confirmation of the gaiden!

I'm thinking Niime can get an Angelic Robe. I have two now!
Zeiss, will you be promoted? I'm so sorry you were teased this chapter with that ballista Archer.
I think a small part on Cath will be released next time. I don't think it should take up the entire post but we'll see.

Roy        Lord         20.00    34     15      16      16      16       7      10
Allen      Paladin       7.47    47     21      19      21      11      13       5
Lance      Paladin       6.34    44     16      16      25      12       9       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight   8.42    39(+7) 15(+2)  21      27      22       8      10
Rutger     Swordmaster   5.84    44     16      25      23       7      10       6
Saul       Bishop        4.69    33     16      18      19       4       5      18
Lilina     Sage         10.30    33     28      11      18      14       6      19
Astore     Thief        17.73    32      8      10      17      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper        9.52    40     18      19      19       9      11      10
Elphin     Bard         20.00    26      1       4      20      24       6       8
Geese      Berserker     3.16    50     19      17(+4)  14      12      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord  13.02    53     25      23      20       9      16       6
Zeiss      Wyvern Rider 20.00    37     20      16      12       8      13       3
Niime      Druid        18.61    25     21      20      16       15      5      18

*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

Edited by Dual Dragons

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL IS YOU TROLL!

Yuno sucks. Leave it at that.

The gaiden requirement was that the 3 peg sisters and Zealot (Jerrot in this patch) are alive and well (and recruited.) In addition, there is a 25 or so time limit. The next gaiden is...

Ch 21! Good luck!

Hohoho, THAT chapter is coming up soon! In addition, during the end of THAT chapter, DD will rage so hard! (Unless he doesn't and spoils my hopes like that bet again.)

Momogeek already covered the Gaiden stuff, so I won't go into that.

Juno is intentionally terrible in combat and never gets better, unfortunately. Luckily, she has 8 move and she flies, and we all know that units who can do that are always useful...

Igrene's main draw is that she comes with good combat stats (which comes in handy against the Pegasus and Wyverns this game loves to throw at you) and requires no real investment. This tends to be the case for most of the good prepromotes in this game...

I totally forgot about that troll Elysian archer, since normally I'd have bought all my promotion items in the C16 secret shop, and there's no way I'm normally blowing a Warp Staff use on stealing it...

I'm definitely looking forward to THAT chapter and your reactions to a very certain part of it... :D Are you scared yet?

Although, it is fun to do that for Zeiss sometimes, too.
A4RRFB.gif
Ho. Ho. Ho. Ho. Ho. ^o^

[spoiler=Chapter 20-1 - *Elysian Whip out-of-reach*]

97_zpsc8q6wykk.png

OH NO

Rutger suffers major damage. Rutger doesn't kill. OW.

Sleep Druid puts Niime to sleep. Blargh.

Sleep Druid puts Jerrot to sleep.

Purge Bishop hits Astore. Crap.

104_zpsoetkeg0f.png

Milady is going to attack the Killer Bow Sniper across the wall with her Javelin.

Paladin highlighted is Allen. Allen's movement will end Turn 4.

Killer Ballista Archer hits Milady.

Long Ballista misses Lilina.

Killer Bow Sniper hits Milady. Milady misses one of her attacks.

Welp, I got in the Berserk Druid's range. Berserk Druid berserks Milady with guaranteed accuracy. Crap...

A chapter to use your status staves to not having to deal with this mess.
Thank god that this game gives you more than one Sleep Staff. Ranged Magic, Bolting also helps out in this situation.
-----
Edit:

Use Juno

I almost always do.

The Triangle Attack helps in a certain chapter. She only needs an Angel Robe and maybe an Energy Ring. She shouldn't bother with swords as she comes too late to make that weapon rank viable in any way possible. She can hold her own when she triangles with a strong weapon like a Silver Lance.

----

Congrats on making it to the Gaiden. Better have Restore uses as you will need them there!

Edited by PuffPuff

Momogeek already covered the Gaiden stuff, so I won't go into that.

Juno is intentionally terrible in combat and never gets better, unfortunately. Luckily, she has 8 move and she flies, and we all know that units who can do that are always useful...

Igrene's main draw is that she comes with good combat stats (which comes in handy against the Pegasus and Wyverns this game loves to throw at you) and requires no real investment. This tends to be the case for most of the good prepromotes in this game...

I totally forgot about that troll Elysian archer, since normally I'd have bought all my promotion items in the C16 secret shop, and there's no way I'm normally blowing a Warp Staff use on stealing it...

I'm definitely looking forward to THAT chapter and your reactions to a very certain part of it... :D Are you scared yet?

Which part are you excited about?

The secret shop, Gale's nonrecruitment or the trollreinforcements?

There's almost no use for the triangle attack. The one chance it has at working is when the enemy has a ton of defense, and LOL 1 Damage TA. The only game where it's worth it is FE7, because all the options are good.

Edited by momogeek2141

Which part are you excited about?

The secret shop, Gale's nonrecruitment or the trollreinforcements?

There's almost no use for the triangle attack. The one chance it has at working is when the enemy has a ton of defense, and LOL 1 Damage TA. The only game where it's worth it is FE7, because all the options are good.

Oh, I'm definitely most excited about

[spoiler=DD STAY AWAY FROM SPOILERS PLZ]

Gale. Definitely Gale. Although I'm hoping DD splits up his forces and hits ALL the reinforcement zones, that's the best way to play the chapter...especially when he'll be trying to rush through to hit the gaiden. Oooooh this is going to be FUN. Also, I think there's a 80% chance he misses the secret shop.

The only time I ever found that I might POSSIBLY need the triangle attack was "THAT CHAPTER", with Tate. Unfortunately, getting my Juno and Shanna close enough to actually activate it would have been suicide, so it never happens :( The Wendy/Barth/Bors triangle sometimes has utility if you're a masochist and try to grind up Wendy, though, since she's made of paper and has pathetic hitrates early

Next chapter is easy AF. That's all you need to know. The chapter after the gaiden tho...

honestly, the music and the opening intro were the best parts IMO.

Edited by Ghengis Khan

Next chapter is easy AF. That's all you need to know. The chapter after the gaiden tho...

honestly, the music and the opening intro were the best parts IMO.

I wouldn't say that as DD only bought one Restore and that is one chapter (Ch20x) that you need Restore as you cannot get to the Druids that uses the status Staves Berserk and Sleep there since they're all by the boss. Everywhere else, they can be prevented.

Edited by PuffPuff

Wow. It's been over a week since I last posted? Sorry. I was handling some life stuff.
Response time!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL IS YOU TROLL!

Yuno sucks. Leave it at that.

The gaiden requirement was that the 3 peg sisters and Zealot (Jerrot in this patch) are alive and well (and recruited.) In addition, there is a 25 or so time limit. The next gaiden is...

Ch 21! Good luck!

Hohoho, THAT chapter is coming up soon! In addition, during the end of THAT chapter, DD will rage so hard! (Unless he doesn't and spoils my hopes like that bet again.)

Why they do this to me ;-;

Juno and suckage is a universal truth.

Turn limits are so very high in this game. Sheesh...

The end?... You make me think someone is going to take all my legendary weapons and I'm going to have get them back again in a hard as crap map.
That would be really crappy.

Rescue strats. Juno's top tier usefulness!

The only real flaw I can see with Igrene is not as great growths (compensated by the bases) and the B bows when it's kind of late and not as easier to raise weapon ranks.

If only I knew about Chapter 16's Secret Shop location...

All this talk of THAT chapter is making me scurred.

Congrats on making it to the Gaiden. Better have Restore uses as you will need them there!

Boy do I...

@Genghis Khan: scurred4lyfe

It's a double-feature of some kind! This post features the Cath second and third conversations and a part of Chapter 20x. I was able to squeeze the entirety of the Cath convos and the Chapter 20x set-up and cutscene into this one post.
As per usual, I have the second part already written.

[spoiler=Alternate 4 - *Was She worth it?*]
So I talked to Cath the first appearance she made.
Her second appearance...

chap%208%201_zps375bnhra.png
"Oh baby," indeed.

chap%208%202_zps81op62al.pngchap%208%204_zpsctq2sgdx.png
I don't find recruiting you fun.

chap%208%205_zpskfsalzp7.png
Hey, HEY. I laid claim on that stuff. No. You back off.

chap%208%206_zpscnd1cqjd.png
Tell her to back off for me, will you?

chap%208%207_zpso1xiquco.png
Charming.

chap%208%2010_zps0trpigt7.png
Then why do we have Chad and Astore with us?

chap%208%2011_zpssm7kq1rp.png
She and Geese would get along.

chap%208%2012_zpsngzjucs9.pngchap%208%2013_zps2oxigwap.pngchap%208%2014_zpsdvsgqa5u.png
I want no offers from someone who takes THREE chapters to recruit.
THREE chapters for a LEVEL 5 THIEF.

chap%208%2015_zpsgz908edn.png
Right, Cath. It's called being a lord. Lords own land; they give plots of lands to their peasants; peasants give them food.
Unless you mean stealing food and money.

chap%208%2016_zpsnbcp1woa.png
I don't want to be lectured on economics from Cath.

chap%208%2017_zps9h0u2f4m.pngchap%208%2018_zpsnuxdlprd.png
I protect my units all the time! It's called resetting!
Shin and Garrett don't count. I never had them on my team.

chap%208%2020_zpsntbwwmgt.pngchap%208%2021_zpshqogrfhn.pngchap%208%2022_zpsbvg3chn3.png
For the love of everything...

chap%208%2023_zpsptp9coi9.pngchap%208%2025_zpsc05syjgt.png
Cath and her sweeping generalizations.

chap%208%2026_zpsvfxiqmjd.png
I wasn't there then. There's only been one village that I couldn't save and there was nothing I could do about it.

chap%208%2027_zpswaps4jsd.pngchap%208%2029_zpsjrll6li1.pngchap%208%2031_zpsnzlpfk8e.png
Uh yes
Two wrongs don't make a right
It's still immoral
You're not even doing it to the person who did it to you
Honestly!

chap%208%2033_zpsh73sgkhh.png
Uh no. I'm doing it because I kind of need it. I need stuff to support my troops so we can end this war quicker.
I'm not getting Silver weapons in early chapters without looting like you kidding

chap%208%2034_zpssfvwomck.png
No, Roy. No. Don't sympathize with her. That's how she steals your loot!

chap%208%2035_zps4yijnz2g.pngchap%208%2036_zps02tkxoiy.pngchap%208%2037_zpsrxusafxk.png
I hate you.

chap%208%2039_zpsknafzxhf.pngchap%208%2041_zpsbenuetl9.png
You are almost not worth this.

And then Chapter 12...

chap%2012%201_zpsxhbuakkq.pngchap%2012%202_zpsxeh9fvov.pngchap%2012%203_zpsqzn3du4o.png
Please no. No musical numbers.

chap%2012%205_zpspg8wsubv.pngchap%2012%206_zpscfumzkxn.png
This may be a true statement but you are a horrid person.

And Roy once again goes up to this girl...

chap%2012%207_zpsdczrb9lx.pngchap%2012%208_zpshoshmqgf.png
Trust me: the feeling is mutual.

chap%2012%209_zpsdqkrisco.pngchap%2012%2010_zpsh0lwzwcg.png
WHO GOT IN MY WAY THE LAST TIME?

chap%2012%2011_zpscxkw9iya.png
NO ROY NO

chap%2012%2014_zpsddlo32vw.png
At this moment, Roy, it's not your job to sympathize with her.

chap%2012%2015_zpscidxfddc.png
Then please don't care, Roy. If she doesn't care then you shouldn't care.

chap%2012%2016_zpswpgvo310.pngchap%2012%2017_zpsk46haesx.png
He's a noble. YOU'VE got a lot of nerve to oppose him at every corner as an enemy Thief.
Seriously

chap%2012%2018_zpsrxghabfw.pngchap%2012%2020_zpshwiporpu.pngchap%2012%2021_zpszu9fpu5b.png
All this for a LEVEL 5 THIEF
WHO CAN'T PROMOTE

chap%2012%2024_zpszz2tzyjv.pngchap%2012%2025_zpsmgrnbpon.pngchap%2012%2026_zpsszze9mrq.png
HE'S OFFERING TO REBUILD YOUR VILLAGE AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO BE LIKE, "AND YOU EXPECT ME TO WAIT PATIENTLY UNTIL THEN"
I'm done with this character.

chap%2012%2027_zpsrbzxiix7.pngchap%2012%2028_zpsrrbnezp9.pngchap%2012%2029_zps20tbkleh.png
Why is he?

chap%2012%2030_zpsrnhhocuo.pngchap%2012%2031_zpsgv7ate3c.png
I said this before about her, but now I take that back. She's a horrid person to recruit.

chap%2012%2034_zpspombvp9c.pngchap%2012%2035_zpskayfno1j.png
Cath is so self-centerd.
That's right, Roy. She gets in OUR path to the treasures.

chap%2012%2036_zpscc0kx2ua.pngchap%2012%2037_zps5ddbhtki.png
Finally!

chap%2012%2042_zpsrfhcd28z.png
I don't got to do crap. You should be thanking me for sparing your life this time.
She joins us for this reason.

chap%2012%2043_zpsz4iu2shb.png
That's okay, Roy.

chap%2012%2044_zps6ayw0g2g.png
Someone else is going to disappoint (and anger) me.

*This first part ends before Turn 1

After saving Edessa, we can get into some ruins to retrieve another legenary weapon.

[spoiler=Chapter 20x-1 - *Breaking down some Walls*]
2_zpsrgf42wsq.png
Apparently I get this map for having Jerrot, his waifu, and his waifu's sisters surviving.

3_zpseyeehplx.png
It's not just a legendary weapon. Don't forget the enemies.

4_zps87mbdxjz.png
So I already think this map is annoying.
There are walls to block you from getting to the goal point, and this is a pretty sizeable map.
There are two ways to approach this: 1) Break through at least four walls and, 2) Warp. I don't have one of these options available.
And you can also see that my units are split into three groups: three in the northwest, seven (including Roy) at the south, three in the northeast.
You can have them regroup before getting to the center but it will take a while for no real purpose. I'll just have them regroup at the center.

5_zpsgsmpnqax.png
There is a bit of a saving grace. These walls only have 40 HP. It still means you have to break 120 HP of walls to get to the goal point but... at least it's not 400 HP of walls, right? Right?
You can save your Eclipse use and have your units attack. Why? For me, it's because I got some units that could build their weapon ranks, like Milady's sword and Niime's dark.
(Sorry, Saul. You don't get that leisure with your D Light)

Now by inspecting the enemies first, there is a problem:

6_zpsoptuawa9.png7_zpsnlidhhao.png
These two Druids have massive ranges. The west one has Berserk and the east one has Sleep.
If you follow their ranges south to Roy's group, they stop RIGHT at the first wall you can start breaking. You can break them but DO NOT go through the passageway yet.
I say this to myself because I only have two staff users that can use Restore and/or status staves. More than likely, they will be going to the west and east groups.

This map was plenty of enemy variety:

8_zps5ytyga5s.png9_zpsvj9sb3t0.png10_zpsrlonnxhy.png11_zpsap6u8a2q.png

12_zpssce8bhcc.png13_zpsj9fg8nwp.png14_zpsiernkloi.png15_zpsdzpw2l85.png
I see something weird here.
Certain Warriors on the map have Levels 17-18. The south has them in two compartments, which can promote splitting the south group until they get past the second wall.
Of course they are good EXP but be careful of who's facing them. I don't want to end up with lance-users with cracked skulls.
There's nothing to steal from the enemies except Vulneraries.

Our boss is...

16_zpspcputx8k.png17_zpsordk1eix.png
Matthis' non-cowlick brother, now with a hair-dye job.
He's one point of Attack weaker than Roartz but he's packing more balanced defensive stats. That's 20 total Defense and 18 total Resistance and 64 Avoid like holy shit.
That's a General with 64 Avoid. I don't even know if FE7 Lloyd on a throne was that bad. He probably was worse--but still. This is a General!
So Tick has a Spear, right? Spear's have 5 crit on them, so Tick can have between 7-12 crit.
A Level 12 boss means a Level 5 promoted unit can get 100 EXP off of him. I do have someone who fits that description: Rutger. Perhaps Rutger can get more time in the limelight again?

18_zpst7g0ugdo.png
Come back on the field, Zeiss and Geese!
I'm selling off the Red Gems from last map.
Also, I will replace Saul and Niime's Heals for Sleep and Silence, respectively. I've got plenty of Physic charges on them for this map and I'm getting tired of Druids giving me crap in my life.

So how do I arrange the units?

19_zpselbqjfz9.png20_zpssxvt1eyd.png21_zpsixkaxbwf.png
Team Milady has Lance and Niime. If Milady is nice enough, she'll share her EXP with Lance. This area has the furthest wall from where the units start. Niime is over there because she might be able to Silence the Berserk Druid from that side.
Team Allen has Rutger and Saul. This has a closer wall and I think has the smallest square distance from their starting positions and the boss. Saul can Sleep the Sleep Druid from here and can help break down the wall.
Team Roy has the leftovers. Nothing too special about where I placed them.

Smashing our way through for legendary weapons!

22_zpsi1qxmvgc.png
More snow references!

23_zpslhbaa8xi.png
I can't believe this guy's name is Tick.

25_zpsfze2kpwn.png
You know, here's a question. How did the enemies get behind the walls in the first place?
I didn't see a path where the boss is, and the enemies are all compartmentalized.
Did they build them? How do you build walls like that so quickly?
It's a mystery!

26_zpslie2qaa1.png
I want you to repeat that when you see a red-haired woman and her ferocious wyvern smash through the wall with her sword.

27_zpsdb3hxvzp.png29_zpsy7a8dspu.png
This guy knows his stuff and is very savvy.
How do you counter, Tick?

30_zps1m3jszkz.png
Buh?

31_zpsduanqb1r.png32_zpssg4nzc0o.png
Buh... wha?
Look, this is a gaiden. I already got my turn limit requirement completed last chapter. This is not going to work.

36_zpsxc740znn.png
Designated Milady weapon.

38_zpssd6o2plv.png40_zps3auk7xml.png
Roy specifically studied Barigan. Interesting.

43_zpshaqbw18b.png
Why, yes there is, Roy!

44_zpsrl8ymbjq.png45_zpsjgbtbdm0.png46_zpsp7m5tz4n.png
The hint that walls a breakable--even though I can see them before this conversation.

Edit: Okay. 20x-1 was not supposed to be in the same spoilers as the Cath convos. Damn it, me. Fixed now.

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 20x-2 - *Druids are Status Devils*]
Turn 1
49_zpsqvhlmglj.png

Alright. It's going to be a bit tricky showing off enemies when there's three sections. Trying to show off three sections each turn until my units regroup will rack the pic count on Serenes.
So I think I'll be editing in these numbers in the pics and writing down what the enemies are.
If you can't see the numbers, know that I'm going from the northwest, to the northeast, and then the south. Northwest and northeast sections are being numbered from north to south (and then west to east if they are on the same x-axis); south section is getting numbered from west to east (and then north to south if on on the same y-axis).

50_zpsn6olowes.png
Like this.
AMAZING PAINT SKILLS
1 - Level 18 Steel Axe/Hand Axe Fighter
2 - Level 17 Steel Bow Archer
3 - Level 6 Silver Axe/Hand Axe Warrior
4 - Level 18 Steel Axe/Hand Axe Fighter
5 - Level 18 Hammer Warrior
6 - Level 18 Steel Axe/Hand Axe Fighter
7 - Level 18 Steel Axe/Hand Axe Fighter
8 - Level 18 Hammer Warrior

I'm not sure what Intelligent Systems was thinking when giving the Warriors Hammers. This map doesn't exactly warrant Knights/Generals.
Well, any map in FE6 doesn't because lol what are missions NOT seize?

Milady first attacks the wall with Al's Sword. I know she or Lance will get targeted by Berserk as they both have 6 Res but Niime should be close enough to get either next turn.
Lance switches Milady to the Javelin and destroys the wall with his own.
Allen attacks the wall with his Iron Sword.
Saul switches Allen to the Hand Axe and breaks down the wall.
Igrene attacks the east wall.
Shanna breaks it down with her Iron Sword.
Zeiss attacks the west wall with his Javelin.
Geese breaks down the wall with his Hand Axe.
Elphin plays Zeiss so Zeiss can move out of enemy range.

52_zpsalmxy4ky.png
Lilina, the last unit, moves to the east to end Turn 1.

Hammer Warrior misses Geese. Geese hits.
Hammer Warrior will always miss Shanna. Shanna hits twice.
Steel Bow Archer misses Lance. Lance hits once.
Hand Axe Fighter misses Geese. Geese counters with a crit-kill.
Hand Axe Fighter will always miss Shanna.
Hand Axe Fighter misses Saul. Saul kills him.
Hand Axe Warrior hits Milady. Milady is able to get both her attacks in.
Sleep Druid... prioritized healing over status staff. Huh. He heals the west Warrior.
Berserk Druid does the same thing. Well, that makes things possibly easier on me.

Turn 2
56_zpsx86xn4k6.png

1 - Level 18 Steel Axe/Hand Axe Fighter
2 - Level 17 Steel Bow Archer
3 - Level 6 Hand Axe/Silver Axe Warrior
4 - Level 20 Steel Bow Archer
6 - Level 18 Flux Shaman
7 - Level 18 Steel Axe/Hand Axe Fighter
8 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
9 - Level 17 Steel Bow Archer
10 - Level 18 Hammer Warrior
11 - Level 18 Hand Axe/Steel Axe Fighter
12 - Level 18 Hammer Warrior

So the enemy strategy was to send in high HP, decent defense Warriors to block the passageways after I break the walls; and, when they got low health, have the two status staff Druids instead heal them with Physic?
I guess that works but I think it would have been better to berserk and put to sleep my best units--but hey, I'm not the enemy.

60_zpsfydnwnj5.png
HEY YOU, BERSERK DRUID

61_zpsfjadzegk.png
WHY

Saul takes out the Archer with no damage. He levels up.

62_zpssqtsrbiz.png
More Resistance to resist status staves. Good.

Allen starts breaking down the second wall with his Iron Sword.
Lance kills off the Archer.
I'm going to see if they'll keep healing the Warriors. Milady changes targets to the Fighter and hits once.
Geese crit-kills the Warrior with his Iron Axe. Sure.

63_zpsat2l97bj.png
20s Strength any time soon, Geese?

Lilina heals up Geese's new HP.
Elphin plays Lilina so she can move back to where she was.

64_zpsu5wjll7c.png65_zpszr8p0cfw.png
To know who's who in the northwest.
I'll end Turn 2 like this.

Hand Axe Fighter misses Niime. Niime kills him. I knew I forgot something starting this map: giving Niime the Angelic Robe.
Shanna crit-kills the Warrior on retaliation.

66_zpsxjdcshfu.png
Four-stat level up. I guess I can accept this.

Hand Axe Fighter always a-missing Shanna.
Warrior switches to Silver Axe and hits Milady. Milady hits back. Is that enough for the Druids to heal?
Niime dodges a Sleep attempt.
Niime dodges a Berserk attempt. Apparently not with that Warrior.

Turn 3
68_zpsm7l8yv5l.png

1 - Level 18 Hammer Warrior
2 - Level 16 Flux Shaman
3 - Level 6 Silver Axe/Hand Axe Warrior
4 - Level 18 Hammer Warrior
5 - Level 18 Flux Shaman
7 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
8 - Level 17 Steel Bow Archer
9 - Level 18 Hand Axe/Steel Axe Fighter

Really trying to put the Druids to silence/sleep this turn or else I may see a sleeping Niime and a batshit insane Milady.
I don't want to see batshit insane Milady.

Milady still gets hit by the Silver Axe Warrior when switching to Al's Sword. She's down to 6 HP.

69_zpsyfj7iyzt.png
HEY YOU, BERSERK DRUID

70_zpszyzjrje8.png
HOW ABOUT NO
And now that guy is out of commission for five turns. I better make them count!

71_zpst9dtrmu7.png
SLEEP DRUID

72_zps1po8q9b1.png
ACCURSED PEOPLE

Rutger rescues Saul.
Allen and Rutger Rescue-Drop Saul.

Shanna kills the Fighter. Keep building that sword rank, I guess.
Lilina heals Shanna's new HP.

73_zpsyxfuid4w.png
I could have sworn that if someone is put to sleep or berserk they can't be rescued. I'd rather not risk it with the south group.
Ending Turn 3.

Niime kills an Archer on counter.
Lance and his Javelin take out the Shaman.
Sleep Druid misses Niime.

Turn 4
75_zpsuxcbmyad.png

2 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
3 - Level 18 Hammer Warrior
4 - Level 18 Flux Shaman
5 - Level 18 Steel Axe/Hand Axe Fighter
6 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
7 - Level 17 Steel Bow Archer

Charge! Charge! Get to the Druids fast!

Milady attacks the wall with Al's Sword.
Lance breaks it down with the Javelin.
Niime physics Milady.
Rutger breaks down the wall.
Allen moves in range of the Warrior and (accidentally) uses a Pure Water.
Fine. I might as well have Saul barrier Rutger.
Shanna starts on breaking down the wall.

76_zpsjq85cw6e.png
Igrene and Zeiss who has Roy on his wyvern start moving through the passageway. Lilina is behind Shanna.
Geese moves to the east, ending Turn 4.

Hammer Warrior misses Allen and Allen counters twice.
Hammer Warrior misses Milady. Milady hits back twice.
Longbow Sniper misses Allen.
Druid physics the Warrior.

Turn 5
78_zpsmhqw3gse.png

3 - Level 7 longbow Sniper
4 - Level 18 Steel Sword Myrmidon
9 - Level 19 Steel Bow Archer
10 - Level 7 Brave Axe Warrior
11 - Level 18 Flux Shaman

Forgot to take a screenshot at the beginning. Rutger killed off a Shaman.

Allen finishes off the Warrior and gains a level.

79_zps5nqanisg.png
My game is broken

80_zpsz2mfnskh.png
SLEEP DRUID

81_zpsbsresfwo.png
GO TO SLEEP
Hurry, hurry! Before they can cast again!

Milady kills the Warrior without more damage. Lots of EXP--but no level! Very close though with 10 EXP to go for Level 14.
Lance tosses a Javelin at the wall.
Niime heals Milady safely from the Longbow Sniper.

82_zpsbynebjxb.png
Meh.

Igrene kills the Shaman with her Longbow.
Elphin plays Igrene.
Igrene breaks down the wall.
Shanna kills the Archer.
Lilina slaughters the Warrior from the southeast, which is in range of the Archer to the east.

83_zpstyqiw1xq.png
Zeiss will move to Igrene's west.

Steel Bow Archer misses Lilina. Lilina is so powerful that she can kill the Archer in one Fire. Jeez.
Longbow Sniper misses Lance.
Longbow Sniper misses Saul.

Turn 6
85_zpspo5ytbdd.png

1 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
2 - Level 18 Steel Sword Myrmidon
3 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
4 - Level 18 Steel Sword Myrmidon
5 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
9 - Level 16 Flux Shaman
10 - Level 7 Brave Sword Swordmaster
11 - Level 7 Light Brand Swordmaster
12 - Level 19 Poison/Hand Axe Fighter

Brave Sword Swordmaster is weighed down to 15 Speed. Not much of a threat for Shanna.

Lilina softens up the Swordmaster.
Shanna kills the Swordmaster in direct combat with her Javelin.
Milady breaks down the wall.
Lance whips out the Killer Lance and kills the Sniper in a crit-kill.
Rutger weakens the wall.
Saul breaks the wall.
Allen kills the Sniper with his Steel Sword.
Zeiss starts breaking down the east wall and gets B lances.
Elphin plays Geese.

86_zpsepn37evd.png
Igrene is equipped with the Silver Bow to counter the enemies across the wall. Geese will move to Zeiss' west.

Rutger dodges a Myrmidon, hits once, and then crit-kills him. He levels up.

89_zpsjskmd0ep.png
More of theeeeese

Despite not being able to damage her, Shaman goes for Lilina. One armor clang later, Lilina kills him in one Fire.
Hand Axe Fighter misses Igrene and dies.
Light Brand Swordmaster and Igrene hit each other once.

Turn 7
91_zpsnlpchsps.png

1 - Level 18 Steel Sword Myrmidon
3 - Level 7 Longbow Sniper
4 - Level 7 Light Brand Swordmaster

I probably won't kill everyone. No more Level 18 Warriors to feast on.
I'm not sure when the status goes away for enemies since I never really used status staves.

Milady kills the Myrmidon.
Niime barriers Milady.
Lance throws his Javelin at the wall.
Saul barriers Allen.
Allen tosses his Hand Axe at the wall.
Zeiss breaks down the wall.
Elphin plays Shanna.
Shanna softens the Sniper.
Geese kills the Sniper.

92_zpsne8qo2lm.png
Almost regrouped.
Igrene will finish off the Swordmaster with her Iron Bow to end the turn.

Druid has his voice back. This may not go well.
Lance misses killing the Shaman.
Allen fells the Shaman without taking damage.
Oh! Druid prioritized Physic on the Shaman Lance failed to kill. Thanks, Lance!

Turn 8
94_zpstjhwdwab.png

Now I don't have to do that listing.
That Longbow Sniper didn't move to attack Lance or Niime. Interesting.

Lilina heals Igrene.
Elphin plays Lilina.
Lance hits once at the Sniper and then crit-kills thanks to the Killer Lance. He levels up.

95_zpsp6mqfj3o.png
Guys, pleeeeease

Niime breaks down the wall.

96_zpsvvoibnjt.png
Ready to die, Berserk Druid?

97_zpscynfzqb4.png
Bye
It says a lot when Milady doesn't get much EXP from Druids anymore (like five EXP). She still levels up though!

98_zpsnlkcocvm.png
Speeeeeeed

Rutger breaks down the wall.
Allen takes out the Shaman.
Zeiss and Shanna work together to break down a wall.
I guess now that Rutger leveled up, either Geese or Rutger can take the boss kill.

99_zpsiqwr6zi6.png
Ended the turn accidentally when I moved my last unit, Lilina.

Killing Edge Swordmaster doesn't capitalize on his 60 crit chance. Milady doesn't kill him.

Turn 9
100_zpshrxstham.png

I'm about ready to end this chapter.

Elphin plays Igrene.
Lilina kills the Archer.
Sleeping Druid gives his life for Rutger's free EXP.
I think Allen should be able to get a level up from killing the Swordmaster. Just exact EXP for a level up!

101_zpsdlvlsnao.png
I guess I can take more Strength.

Zeiss gives Milady Roy.
Milady drops Roy towards the north and returns to her brother's side for hopeful support points.

102_zps8kzahyxi.png
Igrene's going to face off against an Archer and Sniper with her Longbow. Lilina might as well get a Druid kill under her belt.
Ending Turn 9 after Shanna moves.

Igrene dodges an Archer's Steel Bow bolt and ends him.

103_zps44j7yjmn.png
Sure.

Longbow Sniper and Igrene trade shots. Igrene gets both of hers in.
Nosferatu Druid misses Lilina. Lilina parries and kills the Druid. She levels up.

104_zpsrnhzetcu.png
Will she get 20s Speed in her lifetime?

Turn 10

Not many enemies left. I think fast-forwarding is in order so Lilina can heal people.

105_zpsa3qtvex2.png
A whole bunch of staves just became accessible to Lilina.
Still no Physic though. Sad life.

106_zpsclvl0xhv.png107_zpspwn6gcl9.png
Magic.
Niime is building Dark EXP. Saul might too since he's close to leveling as well. I'll be Rescue-Dropping them. It's also to get Tick's HP down enough for Rutger to kill.

108_zpstxhkbeog.png
Except where I accidentally fumbled with the controls and ended the turn when I didn't want to.
Good job, me.

109_zpsjlmdhuax.png
Just so he'll switch back to Silver Lance.

110_zpsucez4vjg.png
Broke his tome for this.

111_zpshzeyurdv.png
I'm getting tired of this.

112_zpsgksq6zqe.png
Hey! You're not supposed to be able to do that!

113_zpsecswzob4.png
Now finish him.

114_zpssex0gppo.png115_zpss2a5rt17.png
I'm gathering the legendary weapons to destroy Bern's true power.

116_zpskox1t2wi.png
True power!

Time to seize on Turn 18.

117_zpscbmwets8.png
GIMME

119_zpsimnmxlmj.png120_zpscvvlwf7e.png
I like ice-based things.

121_zpsk4ykizrk.png122_zpsazpqwwir.png123_zps0z3k8s29.png
As much as I promote killing enemies, it is not necessary this time, Merlinus. There's was one Level 18 Fighter left.

124_zpsp8iixpvz.png125_zpstzbc8hvw.png
I'll agree with the first part. I won't agree on the second part.

126_zpsfzrvm2n0.png127_zpsw2j2pidr.png
This is very easy for Roy to say.
He hasn't killed many men since Chapter 15.
How dare he admonish my other troops when he hasn't even promoted?!

129_zpslvmbbtmt.png
Skill's not usually a good buff, but I'll accept it. Lances were not that accurate in this game.
It has decent hit though. Might's really good, especially when effective bonus kicks in.
Milady's designated weapon

130_zpsvtn3b21p.png
Alright. Let's make some hot cocoa, sit around the fireplace, and we'll listen to more backstory.

133_zpsdi94wsb3.png134_zpsjj745h72.png
So I guess if we didn't come here Roy wouldn't have gotten this bit of backstory?

135_zpsqvv91vpq.png136_zpsnreywqbv.png137_zpsyy8u2rvx.png
Why do you think, Roy?

138_zpssnxneyqn.png139_zpstqyvqezg.png140_zpsvzaqnmfv.png
And his envy messed Zephiel so much that he's a tyrant.
Thanks, King... Desmond? Was it Desmond?

141_zps5ghr1ywq.png142_zps8xhbreed.png143_zpscznjyreu.png
I told you! A shit man and a shit father.

144_zpswjakve6t.png145_zpsftunl9vb.png146_zpstyirtmrf.png
Yeah that didn't help either.

147_zps1pyscwot.png149_zps6cfnep8i.png150_zps2uzzblyy.png
Because he kills his daddy afterwards, mwahaha!

152_zpsiyecnqod.png153_zpsbh0uharw.png
Do we have a parallel going on here between Zephiel and Myrddin?

154_zpsknwkm347.png156_zpsqe0hxxhg.png
Man...

157_zpsibvzdvub.png158_zpsyupn4a4j.png159_zpsp0hroeqo.png160_zpsmuofo9j2.png
Yeah, about that
I guess nobody cared and even cheered when the king died by Zephiel's hand?

161_zpsw8acntni.png
I guess so.

163_zps6u77mec6.png164_zpslxmu6eba.png
I thought I was going to have this in a post.

165_zpsniovgmhu.png
And thus Fire Emblem: Binding Blade was born.

166_zpsappl9wzy.png
Oh hello... cheery-ish Fire Emblem theme.
I don't think this was the right time to insert this tune at this exact statement.

168_zpsnhhh9pnf.png
This is where I would have placed it. The statements after the previous one.

169_zpsvpxmmurf.png
You're not taking Iron Swords to the endgame, Roy.

170_zpsixb9lb1x.png
I wouldn't ask such a thing. You'd be dead.

171_zpsf7wypur6.png
Yay we're off to kill Zephiel or something

173_zpsjfrxmzgd.png
Not while you're unpromoted you're not.

We've been talking again about the Fire Emblem. Is it time we got the Binding Blade?
Next gaiden requirement chapter is the following one, actually. Why so close together?

Allen      Paladin       9.00    48     22      19      21      11      13       5
Lance      Paladin       7.29    45     16      16      25      12       9       6
Shanna     Falcoknight   9.76    40(+7) 15(+2)  21      28      23       8      11
Rutger     Swordmaster   7.29    45     18      27      25       7      10       6
Saul       Bishop        6.19    34     17      19      19       4       5      19
Lilina     Sage         11.56    34     28      12      19      15       6      19
Astore     Thief        17.73    32      8      10      17      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper       10.32    41     18      19      19       9      11      10
Geese      Berserker     4.64    51     19      17(+4)  14      12      12       2
Milady     Wyvern Lord  14.10    54     25      24      21      10      16       6
Niime      Druid        19.49    26     21      20      16       15      5      19

*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

DD x Cath otp

Get ready for the next chapter, and don't worry.

It'll be fun.

Annnnd I have no clue why they put the next gaiden so close but whatever.

[spoiler=Chapter 20x-2 - *Druids are Status Devils*]

60_zpsfydnwnj5.png

HEY YOU, BERSERK DRUID

61_zpsfjadzegk.png

WHY

Saul takes out the Archer with no damage. He levels up.

69_zpsyfj7iyzt.png

HEY YOU, BERSERK DRUID

70_zpszyzjrje8.png

HOW ABOUT NO

And now that guy is out of commission for five turns. I better make them count!

71_zpst9dtrmu7.png

SLEEP DRUID

72_zps1po8q9b1.png

ACCURSED PEOPLE

133_zpsdi94wsb3.png134_zpsjj745h72.png

So I guess if we didn't come here Roy wouldn't have gotten this bit of backstory?

It's the way that these strategy games go. Beginning, it's easy to lose them and hard to raise them at first. Just like later in the game, they use status staves to immobilize your trucks. It even's the latter, but that is why that we have status staves for. Not that status conditions hardly happen in FE7 Normal anyway.
See...there are ways to prevent them altogether even here...
It stays the same. Roy will find out this lecture no matter what.

Cath is really one of those characters who's not really worth getting (see: Hugh), but IS made their recruitment annoying to troll all of us completionists who insist on trying to recruit every character possible.

Well, that was chapter 20Ix. Not a difficult chapter, but an annoying one (although at least there are a lot of walls to grind weapon ranks on?). In general, I think the gimmicks for the gaiden chapters in this game (lava tiles in 8x, the poison jets in 12x, disappearing bridges in 14x, spears of light in 16x, walls in 20Ix) all seem really underwhelming and don't really have the effects IS was looking for, which is a little unfortunate.

Good to have you back! Next chapter is going to be funnnnnnn, one of my favorite chapters in any FE game. I have faith that you'll manage to get this Gaiden requirement first try too (I think that would be first try for every single requirement? That would be awesome!).

DD x Cath otp

Get ready for the next chapter, and don't worry.

It'll be fun.

Annnnd I have no clue why they put the next gaiden so close but whatever.

Crack otp

Yes, yes. Fun is a word.

I was pretty surprised they were close together.

@MisterIceTeaPeach: I believe it now!

It's the way that these strategy games go. Beginning, it's easy to lose them and hard to raise them at first. Just like later in the game, they use status staves to immobilize your trucks. It even's the latter, but that is why that we have status staves for. Not that status conditions hardly happen in FE7 Normal anyway.

See...there are ways to prevent them altogether even here...

http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/translation-script/chapter-20a-the-liberation-of-ilia/

It stays the same. Roy will find out this lecture no matter what.

Accurate status staves...

I see. That's good to know!

Hey, have you noticed Roy hasn't promoted yet?

BTW next gaiden is the last one. Assuming no specific items break or people die, you should be able to access the good ending.

I've noticed since like Chapter 15. The boy really needs one.

Here's to hoping!

Cath is really one of those characters who's not really worth getting (see: Hugh), but IS made their recruitment annoying to troll all of us completionists who insist on trying to recruit every character possible.

Well, that was chapter 20Ix. Not a difficult chapter, but an annoying one (although at least there are a lot of walls to grind weapon ranks on?). In general, I think the gimmicks for the gaiden chapters in this game (lava tiles in 8x, the poison jets in 12x, disappearing bridges in 14x, spears of light in 16x, walls in 20Ix) all seem really underwhelming and don't really have the effects IS was looking for, which is a little unfortunate.

Good to have you back! Next chapter is going to be funnnnnnn, one of my favorite chapters in any FE game. I have faith that you'll manage to get this Gaiden requirement first try too (I think that would be first try for every single requirement? That would be awesome!).

Just to raise hell for a blind player like me. And one that tries to be completionist for recruitment. Part of my logic is, "Well, even if I don't use them, at least I can use their stuff." Cath doesn't even get that honor. It's disappointing.

The light spears in 16x gave me a couple of scares since I didn't know their pattern, but it is what you say: overall very underwhelming. I guess they are still there to be some kind of nuisance.

Fun times! And we'll see (though not for long) if I got the gaiden on first try!

*It's an awkward split again. First part ends before Turn 6's enemy phase

So I think we're off to kill Zephiel or something--and last gaiden. Hurray!

[spoiler=Chapter 21-1 - *The Wyvern Invasion*]

1_zpsbhb9pelv.png2_zpsmghxpckl.png

Epic music is epic

3_zpstdnk6lx1.png

Such menacing airs this man has.

5_zpslzqjhayg.png

Can this beat out Cog of Destiny's or Victory or Death's unit count?

6_zpssqydbnyv.png

This map is sizeable for GBA standards.

I see that they want to use these mountains to split my group up.

7_zpsanii7m5t.png

Armory and Vendor right next to us. With how you guys say THAT chapter and everything, I don't anticipate good things.

At least, I think this is THAT chapter.

Shop as fast as I can and get out.

8_zpsavdrsq8q.png

There's this single village here which should be very easy to get to via flier.

Here's a weird peak tile. I suppose I can check it out with the Member Card-carrier.

9_zpsaycofyry.png

As well as this tile too. Why is there this only plains tiles in this mountain-concentrated area?

10_zpshoxsbmsw.png

Even this plains tile is suspicious.

Nothing much else to note for the map. It's time for enemy roll-call.

11_zpsqajuzf4f.png12_zpsnvs4vpkl.png13_zpsfezxhapk.png14_zpsvkgrsnb8.png

15_zpsztween9x.png16_zpslla6icao.png17_zpsxzrsux0w.png

As it's Bern, there are a lot of Wyvern Riders and Lords. Archers are probably there to clip my wings and the Sages and Bishops for someone like Milady.

I think it's time to whip out some legendary weapons.

There is a Bolting Sage near the boss--but at least it isn't status staves, right? Right...?

I swear if there are a reinforcement of status staff Druids/Bishops, the words: they will be there.

The boss is protected also by two Horseslayer Knights. Who is the boss?

18_zpshmpjldkb.png19_zpswohy0mtu.png

Oh...

Meet Murdock and his capped level and massive HP and Strength.

Now isn't that a sight to see? Not even endgame and we have a Level 20 boss. That's such a huge jump.

While I want to pelt him with magic, his Tomahawk is quite threatening.

Also, hi random Knight's Crest.

Being a Level 20 boss should mean a Level 11 unit gets 100 EXP from him. That's just massive.

20_zpsdgczlhji.png21_zpskfrecios.png

Why Fae and Jerrot? Maybe I'll need the extra help. Fae can have some of the unpromoted mooks.

I did a little bit of selling. It was just things like low-use Iron Swords and Vulneraries that I'm not likely to use anymore.

I'm going to be giving the Maltet to Lance rather than Milady for now. While I would like to give it to her, since she's likely to face a lot of Wyvern combat, I'm also not going to risk it breaking.

Besides, I can give her a Wyrmslayer, raise her sword EXP, and it should be enough to kill the Wyvern Riders in one-shot and the Lords in two.

22_zpsi6hfile0.png

I actually have no idea how I'm going to start this out. I guess I'll be splitting into two main groups, with Zeiss acting as an independent carrier for Roy.

From left to right, the Paladins are Jerrot, Allen, and Lance.

I'm not anticipating good things about this map.

23_zps6irdiplx.png

Titular name for both the game and the chapter.

24_zpsww0uphm2.png

Ominous music time.

25_zpszzwb9mtd.png

Hey Gale! Do I get to recruit you?

27_zpsnejfsu0x.png

Maybe Gale's group will be like Tate's, Klain's, and Perceval's. Could I finally get an Elysian Whip?

32_zpsyhtfipod.png34_zps6pqql1f9.png

... you what.

... *looks at unpromoted Roy*

... you what.

I don't... yeah, I don't. I don't know how I would have Roy get into a fair fight.

But I mean, I guess I could try to have Roy attack him and see a battle quote?

That would be such a waste of EXP, though.

35_zpsi0goxyto.png

Hey Yoder.

37_zpsbrfc6ov5.png38_zps8xvheiij.png

Good. Glad to see we're on the same page.

40_zpssbdm77oi.png

Good question.

41_zpsyhqjzkym.png

I'm not surprised.

44_zpsfqs0ylcr.png

FUIN NO TSURUGI DATTA

48_zps55wgasom.png49_zps3xpcbqos.png

Okay.

50_zpsml2h7bt9.png

I think we all know that Zephiel isn't going to keep something so precious far away from him.

53_zpscrbfdfg9.png

Yoder, I swear if you spoil this like Ranulf does in FE10...

54_zpsianxemln.png

Noooooo, my narration!

55_zpsvj3kckvg.png56_zpshjsbyzad.png

I wanted Roy to find out. Why, Yoder, why?

60_zpsopzwkp0c.png61_zpsi2eybua1.png

Yes, by all means. If you happen to have S Light that would be great.

63_zps14xmux7d.png64_zpsn24gltmt.png

Huh but... didn't I go out of my way to get legendary weapons?

Now you're just giving them to me?

I assume it must be the bow that I may have missed out on in 20x going the Ilia route.

66_zpswzjoyhk1.png67_zps1kbebogw.png68_zpssomk87gm.png

I got some units to be new legends.

Roy isn't included.

Turn 1

69_zpswgyglelc.png

I really dig this new theme.

71_zpszm4dcg6e.png72_zpsaf1mitpk.png

And with new themes are new units.

Badass old woman now has a new companion: badass old man.

That capped Resistance. It is the stuff of legends.

And hey, he has A light and S staves. I can dig this.

Now, I could wait for Niime instead of using Raigh, but I don't know if I would do the same with Saul and Yoder. That's hard for me to consider.

Still, with practice, Yoder could use Aureola. I'll take up that offer.

73_zpsyf8wvq8r.png74_zpsaxtb5c87.png

Nice. Murgleis gives extra Speed. It's not too heavy either.

Saint's Staff is pretty cool too.

Fae goes to Allen to get picked up and heading towards the south.

Lance equips the Javelin, goes to Allen's south, and drops Fae off to the west.

76_zpswtgeciqm.png

Rectifying Niime's low HP.

I'll check what's in the shops.

77_zpsanr57ntq.png78_zpszytwd5ix.png

79_zpsgh3byjme.png80_zpskvirkvk6.png81_zpsrfikz79v.png

Now my only problem is: I don't know how many chapters this game has. Will I see more Physic staves than these ones here? I already got a good stock from two chapters ago...

There's two cavalry-effective weaponry in the Armory. I don't like the implications I'm getting.

I think I'll get one Silver Sword, two Silver Lances, one Armorslayer, two Horseslayers, and two Halberds.

After Elphin plays Shanna, I'll get two Lightning tomes, one Flux, one Divine, and a Pure Water.

I feel so noobish without knowledge of what's ahead. I'm a pretty bad spender in Fire Emblem...

Change of plans. I think I'll have Geese get rescued by Zeiss for possible shenanigans.

For now, Jerrot will be carrying Roy.

Saul physics Niime's new HP just in case.

82_zpssymxa0cb.png

Last one to move is Jerrot. Milady is far to the east.

Lance is the southmost Paladin. West Bishop is Yoder.

Will end turn with Jerrot's rescue and moving south.

Haha, Bern's theme for enemy phase. Classy.

Turn 2

83_zps5dx0tgcl.png

I thought I was in range of the Sage. That's strange.

So that shenanigans I was talking about?

85_zpsresgcse9.png

Commence shenanigans.

Geese is equipped with Armads. Heads will roll.

Milady rescues Niime.

Elphin plays Milady.

Milady equips the Javelin, drops Niime onto the forest, and moves in range of the Wyvern units.

Rutger cuts up a Sage into ribbons with the Killing Edge crit.

87_zps5pkvmgvu.png

Yoder is southern Bishop. Allen is the southeast Paladin with Lance to his west. Allen has a Hand Axe equipped for an incoming Javelin Wyvern Rider.

Merlinus will move to Astore's west to end Turn 2.

88_zpsjv3hiw5n.png

I called this. I so called this.

Also, is that Gale?... Fuuuuuuuudge. Milady and Zeiss are not close by.

Not Gale? Gale didn't speak if he was the Wyvern Lord.

Anyways, Killer Lance Wyvern Rider misses Milady. Milady has just enough Attack to kill.

90_zpsalbpowbw.png

Do you like shenanigans? I do.

But even better: OVERKILL SHENANIGANS

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider dies to Milady.

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord and Milady miss once. Milady gets her second attack in.

92_zpsbt9y0hfi.png

Not even Wyvrn Lords are a match for the power of peaks.

Here. Take another overkill.

93_zps9fmvo3r9.png

Not too bad.

Iron Bow Archer hits Allen. Allen fails to kill the Archer by missing one of his attacks.

Longbow Archer has little change to his Lilina in a forest.

Milady also misses one of her attacks to kill a Steel Lance Wyvern Rider. Dang.

Javelin Wyvern Rider goes for Igrene and gets two Iron Bow bolts lodged into him, killing him.

Javelin Wyvern Rider goes for Geese. Pathetic. Zeroes across the board. Will never hit Geese.

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Allen. Allen kills him.

Elfire Sage misses forest Niime. Niime hits him once.

Turn 3

95_zpsx6yk1kbm.png

These are some enemies, I'm telling you.

Zeiss helps out Geese by attacking the Wyvern Rider with his Iron Lance. He gets hit back for minimal damage.

Geese misses the weakened Wyvern Rider once before crit-killing him by Hand Axe throw.

Milady takes out the Sage with her Javelin since he's higher leveled.

98_zpszlua7ldw.png

Not exactly what I wanted because I want S dark but okay. I'll take it.

Igrene goes for the Silver Lance Wyvern Lord with her Iron Bow.

Elphin plays Milady.

The weakened Wyvern Rider dies to Milady's Al's Sword.

It's the return of the chicken dragon as Fae kills an Archer in one shot. From 91 EXP to 176 EXP off a Level 20 Archer, FAe will be getting quite a bit of levels this chapter.

100_zpsbanwjwsa.png

Sure. Speed and Res.

Saul gets rid of a Knight blocking my path.

Yoder kills off the Archer also in my way.

Rutger and his Iron Sword crit-kill the Bishop.

Lilina whips out the Thunder and kills the other Archer. I wanted him out of the way in case he targeted Fae and wasted a Divine Stone charge.

102_zpsjtmiln0i.png

Important positions right now. Lance is the southwest Paladin with the Killer Lance; Allen has an Iron Axe next to him. Time for them to tank the Wyvern Rider and Paladin group south.

Merlinus moves south to end Turn 3.

Oh boy. More Paladins and Wyvern Rider groups...

Steel Lance Knight foolishly misses Lilina and is one-hit KO'd by her Thunder.

Killer Lance Wyvern Rider misses Lance. Lance hits once without crit.

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider misses Allen and is subsequently killed.

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord misses Allen. Allen doesn't have enough Attack to kill in two rounds.

Longbow Archer misses Lilina.

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Lance.

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider dies to Allen.

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider. Allen. Dead. Yep. I'll be having them tank here for a bit... maybe with Lilina and Fae. They have a healer and they have a back-up girl. We'll see. Allen gets an rank up in his axes for this.

And another Steel Lance Wyvern Rider dies to Allen.

A Silver Lance Paladin wraps around to get at Lance. Lance hits once and then crit-kills. Good. Need to lessen the density in this area.

Silver Lance Paladin gets killed by Allen.

And another Silver Lance Paladin death by Allen.

Javelin Paladin misses Lance.

Turn 4

103_zpsmbvrwuqi.png

That is a very dense area, and I want Roy to get going. Like I said, I may have Lilina and Fae hold back to support the two Paladin bros.

104_zps9pgknsms.png

I'm also not very sure what's up with this guy. He hasn't moved.

Maybe I should investigate with Shanna's Member Card as well?

Actually, I may be able to have Yoder help out instead. At least for this turn.

105_zpszk5s5cee.png

Why didn't you do this before?

Allen switches Lance to the Killer Lance before taking out the Paladin adjacent to him.

106_zpso2misrfr.png

I like where this is going. More of these, Allen.

Lilina kills the Archer in the forest directly with her Aircalibur. Let's see if that Wyvern Rider moves when someone's in his range.

Milady visits the village.

107_zpsy8szgkvo.png

Milady: Actually, I was a part of the Bern Army.

108_zpsonrmujoe.png109_zpsezybwcwp.png

Frightening the citizenry for a... Knight Crest.

Okay. Game, look. I know you gave me a crapton of Cavaliers, but you also gave me quite a few magic-users that are a little more useful at times.

More Guiding Rings would have been great.

You taunt me so. Not an Elysian Whip.

Saul physics Allen just in case.

Zeiss rescues Geese for possibly more shenanigans.

Elphin plays Igrene for movement.

112_zpsedsnqmy7.png

Shanna still keeps heading east.

113_zpsbgeajsmt.png

How much more of this?

Ridiculous.

114_zpsaaqx1uq1.png

okay sure

just pop up there when Zeiss is nearby

with Geese

sigh

And another group popped up near there. Jeez.

115_zpsydnn6oro.png

Are you guys for real?

You guys...

Is this the real life?

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord dies to Yoder. Aw. I wanted EXP to Allen, Lance, or even Fae.

Well, that Javelin Wyvern Rider moves. He's in for a real treat attacking Lilina with her Aircalibur. She dodges and cuts him up.

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Allen. I can see this is going to get real text-heavy because of all these reinforcements.

Divine Bishop misses Lance.

Lance doesn't kill a Steel Lance Wyvern Rider with his Killer Lance. Honestly, Lance. Why do I give you such nice toys when you don't utilize them properly? He does get a level though.

117_zps3f27qwl2.png

An odd but acceptable one.

Allen's going to be killing some Wyvern Riders for a bit. Here's the first one.

Here's a second one.

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider goes for Shanna. Too bad I left her on an Iron Lance, right? She kills him.

And another Shanna Wyvern Rider kill.

Make that a third.

Something new: Allen kills a Silver Lance Paladin. Hurray...?

And another one. Sheesh. Allen's going to break his Iron Axe soon.

Allen crit-kills this Paladin.

Allen doesn't kill a Wyvern Lord.

Shanna weakens a Silver Lance Wyvern Lord.

Yoder gets hit by a Silver Lance Wyvern Lord. He hits back once.

Javelin Paladin misses Allen.

Turn 5

119_zps3bahsgfv.png

This is getting crazy fast.

Jerrot drops Roy near Milady. GET TO THAT THRONE. THIS IS HELL ON EARTH.

Zeiss switches Geese to the Armads and drops him onto a peak to Shanna's west.

There is a Longbow Archer that would be able to hit Zeiss. Shanna goes for it and kills the Archer.

120_zpsvqqiunob.png

Out of all the things, you get Defense.

Milady rescues Roy and punches it eastward.

Niime physics Zeiss.

Saul most definitely physics Yoder.

Lance doesn't kill the Javelin Paladin with his Killer Lance. ffs, Lance.

Allen takes out the Silver Lance Wyvern Lord and levels up.

121_zpskdt5us0g.png

Lord and savior Allen. His moniker.

122_zps3hvqwae4.png

I don't want to risk Yoder getting hit on counter.

Southeast Paladin is Lance.

Ending turn...

124_zps0mjqnyoh.png

Which god has forsaken me? I think it's Naga.

125_zpswe0sflhs.png

Maybe Anna.

Shanna breaks her last Iron Lance on the Knight. Yep. I totally forgot to restock Shanna's equipment. Fun.

Surprsingly, Javelin Wyvern Rider went for Lance, not Yoder. I guess because Yoder can counter him.

Physic Bishop heals up a Wyvern Rider. I hate you.

Wyvern Riders see Milady with Roy and want her to come crashing down. Too bad I gave Milady a Killer Lance. Suck on that! She doesn't even need to crit because they suuuuuuck compared to her. He does hit her, though.

As does this one before he dies.

This one misses and dies.

Allen breaks his last Iron Axe on a Wyvern Rider. He's got his Hand Axe for now.

Lance still doesn't crit with the Killer Lance on a Wyvern Rider. Wasting my Killer Lance uses...

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider dies to Allen.

Steel Lance Wyvern Rider dies to Geese.

And one dies to Lilina.

Can I just say this map is actually being threatening on Normal Mode? I bet this is utter hell on Hard.

128_zpsosphl0hg.png

The return of that one audio glitch where the crystals don't make a sound.

129_zpscj6h1uhb.png

Damn, girl. Your Magic is crazy high.

Milady gets hit by a Silver Lance Wyvern Lord and hits once.

Allen kills off a Silver Lance Paladin.

Lance still wastes my Killer Lance. I hate you too, bud.

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord and Allen trade blows.

Wyvern Lord misses Niime. Good thing she has new HP because he would have killed her with her base. He misses anyways and she hits back.

Geese does another crazy overkill to a Wyvern Lord.

130_zpspmq631wi.png

20 Strength!

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord misses Yoder and Yoder counters.

Lilina finishes off a Wyvern Lord. The power of Aircalibur.

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Geese.

And now that's weird. Javelin Paladin went for Yoder... when the other ranged enemy went for Lance. I don't get it. This one dies and that's why I'm confused.

This Javelin Paladin goes for Yoder too. More Light training, I guess.

Turn 6

131_zpsqylizqsu.png

I feel betrayed by the gods.

Niime moves onto a mountain and physics Milady.

Shanna kills off the Archer.

Igrene finishes a Wyvern Lord and levels up.

132_zpsswvcebrn.png

Insulted like the first time Lugh leveled up.

Elphin plays Igrene.

Igrene kills a Wyvern Rider from the forest with her Longbow.

I made sure Elphin hid himself in a forest but Geese kills off a Wyvern Lord to protect Elphin.

Yoder kills a Wyvern Lord so now Fae can take that forest.

Fae blasts fatal energy to a Paladin and nets herself another level.

134_zpsl0722iwv.png

Fae levels

Saul physics Allen.

135_zpsayg70ne3.png

Is this a secret Killer Axe?

Allen finishes a Wyvern Lord.

136_zpsu9qgeidw.png

This man is a legend.

137_zpsn0eruxdu.png

Milady stays out of sight of the Manaketes.

I hope no one dies...