Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

[spoiler=Chapter 23-2 - *Enemy AI whacks out*]
Turn 2
93_zpsjv0jim03.png
Got quite a bit of baddies coming for my units. What to do, what to do...

95_zpstn9edoke.png
FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE TERROR THAT IS DURANDAL!MILADY
THE OVERKILL IS REAL

96_zpsnlqp5ce6.png
She may not cap Speed. 22 should be good for the rest of the game.
Besides, she got more Luck and Resistance! She does have a problem with crit-dodging and magic, after all.

Lilina softens up the Manakete.
Roy finishes off said Manakete with a Wyrmslayer blow just for kicks. Guaranteed level up means...

97_zpsetjdy9uc.png
Please don't stop, Roy.

Allen crit-kills a Javelin Wyvern Rider.
Niime gets in the forest and attacks the Wvyern Rider. I can finally see what Apocalypse is about.

98_zpszxk6cr2f.png
So many sigils...
Whoa, whoa. What the heck? They're shaking!
(I couldn't get a good pic of them while they were shaking)

100_zpsuokjjl4p.png
Symbols appear, gather in the center, spread out...

101_zps2lyfgyki.png
DON'T LOOK INTO THE LIGHT. IT'S SO BRIGHT DARK POWERFUL YOU'LL BURN YOUR EYES OUT!

102_zpsyha723le.png
OH GOD A BLACK HOLE
And I guess some... rock?... hit the enemy and he died.
Well that was a show in of itself.

Elphin plays Lilina so Lilina can heal Roy.

103_zpsridmjwul.png
To be expected.

Shanna visits the village...

104_zpsa3waylvp.png105_zpslrgaxpon.png
Let me guess: I needed to bring Fir or Bartre.
CURSE YOU, FE6. In the supposed semi-final chapter of this game, too!
God you know when to take the piss out of someone. =________=
The village is left wide open for enemy attack. GOOD. Thanks a lot, Karel!

106_zpspdl8kuuy.png
Ending formation of Turn 2

Axereaver Wyvern Rider goes for Geese. After missing, he gets hit and then crit-killed.
Steel Lance Wyvern Rider digs his spear into Rutger. Rutger hits once and then crit-kills.
Axereaver Wyvern Rider hits Niime. Well... I might reset if she gets hit again. Apocalypse ends him.
Steel Lance Wyvern Rider is sacrificed to Apocalypse.
Long Ballista misses Niime.
Long Ballista misses Niime. Will she survive enemy phase?
And she does! Javelin Wyvern Rider dies to her Apocalypse.

107_zpszcj7fy2n.png
Make that extra-dead Apocalypse.

Turn 3
108_zpsiye1wiyb.png

I hope there aren't surprise reinforcements near Niime.

Elphin plays Milady.
Lilina heals Rutger.
Yoder physics Niime.

109_zpsijs1nihb.png
I'm awaiting oncoming enemies.
It's a bit of a waste of the Binding Blade for Wyvern Riders and possibly a Wyvern Lord (since I just figured out that the Binding Blade doesn't have effective bonus on them, apparently) but I'm going to try to limit use as much as I can.

Roy bonks a Wyvern Rider twice for death.
Lance dodges a Long Ballista bolt.
And another one.
Steel Bow Sniper takes the opportunity to shoot Milady without a ranged weapon.
Steel Lance Wyvern Rider hits Roy. Roy crit-kills him.
Silver Lance Wyvern Lord also hits Roy. He's down to 10 HP! But that's okay. Roy pays him back with another crit-kill.

110_zpse1yk8eaj.png
BOO, ROY

Flux Druid misses Lance in a forest. Lance hits once with his Hand Axe.

Turn 4
111_zpsrcnkmzy2.png

Making sure to end the Killer Ballista Sniper so I can continue up the east side...

Milady whips out the Silver Swords and cuts the Sniper to pieces.
Lilina heals Roy.
Zeiss kills the Druid with Gant's Lance.
Now he's in range of Long Ballistae but I say NOPE. Time for Rescue-Drop courtesy of Allen and Lance. They return to their original spots after they are done.
Saul weakens the Druid by Divine rage.
Elphin plays Rutger.
Rutger kills the Axereaver Wyvern Rider with his Silver Sword. Look, guys! Rutger's getting use again!
Thanks to Saul weakening that Druid, Roy can save his Binding Blade and switch to the Iron Sword. Down goes the Druid.
Shanna buys two Physics, two Restores, and a Pure Water.

112_zpsggmdnimy.png
Playing too cautiously could be the death of me--provided there are reinforcements at any point.

Long Ballista misses Rutger.
Rutger dodges another bolt.

Turn 5

Nobody moved.
I could risk Milady getting hit by the Berserk staff... maybe. I don't want to but the Druids near the boss haven't moved an inch. They either must be programmed to be stationary or move when in range...
I want fliers like Zeiss and my magic units to start moving. Argh! Let's do it!

Milady kills the southwest Long Ballista Sniper. She has no ranged weaponry if she does end up becoming berserked, but I really HOPE she doesn't. If she does become berserked, I hope my plan on rescuing her out of that condition works...
Elphin plays Geese.
At the normal Armory, Shanna gets a new Silver Sword and Silver Lance. She also buys five Javelins and three Hand Axes.

113_zpsgsvcnteo.png
Please don't move, Druids...

North Wyvern group is on the move towards Milady.
Steel Bow Sniper misses Milady.
Commence peak shenanigans, starring Geese and his Hand Axe! He kills the Wyvern Rider easy.
Thankfully Geese doesn't kill the Wyvern Lord with a Spear. I wanted Roy to get this kill, of course.

Turn 6
114_zpse9gyjnxu.png

Cool. Druids didn't move.
But crap. Another Wyvern Lord with a Killer Lance that could seriously hurt Milady if he crits.
According to my Druid staff calculations, I can't attack that Sniper in direct combat without also getting just in range of a Sleep Druid. Looks like Milady's going to have to pull out for now.
This would be a good opportunity for Milady to draw the Wyvern group away from the Druids and attack next turn.
At the same time, the Sniper is on his last Ballista shot. Zeiss could start supporting Milady on come Turn 7.

Roy kills the Wyvern Lord with a Wyrmslayer stab through the heart.

115_zps1gywyzkr.png
Y U AVOID DEFENSE
Otherwise a very good level up from Roy my boy

With Elphin's help, Lilina reaches Roy for a heal.
From the specialized Armory, Shanna purchases one Horseslayer, three Killing Edges, and five Killer Lances. I hope this is enough for the rest of the game.

116_zps600fiibd.png117_zpsbqvcbyd5.png
Lance is the westmost Paladin. Milady is out of range of the Wyvern group except for the one with the Javelin.

Long Ballista Sniper uses his last shot to miss Rutger. And that Sniper is free EXP for Zeiss. Sniper can't move because of all the untraversable terrain around him. What a scrub!

Turn 7
118_zpsr9yn91ya.png

Approaching the Red Gem Manakete.

Zeiss dodges a Wyvern Rider and slaughters him. That's a level for Zeiss.

119_zpsx4v1qswo.png
Roy: Zeiss, I must speak to you about an important matter.
Zeiss: Yes, General Roy?
Roy: I'MMA NEED THOSE STATS OF YOURS. YOINK.
Zeiss: щ(゜ロ゜щ) Not my stats!

Before that Wyvern Lord gets funny ideas about Zeiss, Milady kindly tells him to fuck right off with a swing of the Durandal.

120_zps9vvt8tid.png
I did say "kindly," didn't I?
Oh, Milady. You and your overkills!

Saul physics Lilina.
Elphin plays Lilina.

121_zpsmevsbap1.png122_zpsznwak0st.png
Things are going along smoothly so far. Ending Turn 7.

123_zpselbfqmpk.png
Never thought I'd see the day where a dragon misses so gloriously.
I deliberately moved Roy out of range of Lilina support bonus for no crit chance and boosted Attack.

For some reason, an Axereaver Wyvern Rider wants a bite out of Durandal!Milady. I mean, sure, she has eight less HP points from max but there's a perfectly viable Zeiss right there? It just means instant death.
Javelin Wyvern Rider at least has the sense to attack Milady from a distance. Still doesn't do him good if he misses.
The northeast Wyvern group is on the move now that I aggravated the Manakete.

Turn 8
124_zpshuxodtbn.png

More Roy feeding

Roy performs his crit florish and kills the Manakete with an Iron Sword.
Zeiss takes up the free Sniper kill.
I unfortunately forgot that Milady doesn't have enough Aid to rescue Zeiss. Damn... Well, she takes out the Wyvern Rider with a crit-kill from the Silver Lance. Looks like Zeiss might be asleep for a few turns.
And because I'm an idiot, I forgot to have Astore steal the Red Gem before Roy killed the Manakete. Oh well.

125_zpsfdftg3mp.png126_zpstjnzas2t.png
Not much to say. Baiting and progressing.

Manakete misses Lance in a forest. With two swings of the Maltet, the dragon goes down.
Steel Lance Wyvern Rider goes for Geese... for some strange reason. Geese dodges, hits once, and then crit-kills.
Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Geese. Still not understanding the AI's reason. Geese wasn't damaged or anything.

127_zpsa6w78gj6.png
I hate status Druids.
I hate Milady's inability to rescue him.

Turn 9
128_zps8qobgocz.png

There is something I can do about the Druids, but I may want to wait until Zeiss wakes up.
Or not because "Roy's Training Hour" is nigh.

Geese gets on the peak and kills the Javelin Wyvern Rider with two swings.

129_zpstznse2n8.png
Going to wait out a turn to execute my plan.

Axereaver Wyvern Rider hits Rutger. Rutger with his Lancereaver slashes twice.

130_zpsnb9lkgiy.png
MY STATS

The Wyvern Lord with a Killer Lance hits Roy but no crit. Phew! He had a 33 chance to hit. Roy slays the Wyvern Lord with Wyrmslayer in hand.

131_zps3weynrsf.png
TANK ROY

Sleep Druid puts Geese to sleep.
Sleep Druid misses Lilina.

Turn 10
132_zpsfbakdgvj.png

This turn is inconsequential.
"Someone" hit "End" accidentally.

133_zpsmfqjyzel.png
ffffffffffff

Sleep Druid misses Lilina.
And another miss.

Turn 11
134_zpsxtz8m87e.png

Haaaaaaaa
I wanted Merlinus to survive for stat boosters. Thanks a lot, me.
Well, thankfully, I do have the Speedwings on Zeiss and an Energy Ring on Roy, but it looks like I'm going to have to wait next chapter to use the ones in Merlinus' convoy.
i r smrt

Roy plunges his Iron Sword into the offending Wyvern Rider, killing him.
Lilina heals Roy.
Elphin plays Lilina.
Lilina heals Rutger.
Shanna rescues Zeiss.

135_zpsafls1uz9.png
Will be wasting Druid Sleeps this turn via Saul.

Or Lilina because she was apparently in range. Druid misses.

Turn 12

Nobody moved. I guess this can call for fast-forwarding.

136_zps3mmdjfnt.png
Good night, Berserk Druid.

137_zps1bd4yzvn.png
I love you, Barrier. Lilina can now Physic!

138_zpsgr4co1pl.png139_zpsjb8qa1lb.png
How?
She misses Bolting Lilina.

140_zps7v8tzffi.png
Was worth a shot.

141_zpsaa2yrfrf.png
I swore the Binding Blade wasn't effective to dragons (Manaketes, Wyverns) because I tried on a Wyvern before. I don't recall seeing effective damage.
Perhaps it's only effective on Manaketes.
Roy crit-kills the Manakete. I won't worry about the Gems this playthrough (Roy's in range of the Druid with the Blue Gem).

142_zpscjldawfj.png
?!?
Why did the Sniper AI do that?!
Earlier I tried to bait them out and they didn't move. Now they moved when Roy and Lilina were attacking the main group... and they didn't do anything.
I'm so lost here!

143_zpsozybglau.png
Lance, please.

144_zpshj25dyac.png

Blah.

145_zpskzobs6yt.png
Druid also moved without attacking?!

146_zpsuxrmykuo.png147_zps7j3tmdyb.png
I'm still fighting but here's the northwest Vendor's inventory.
Not sure what I would need from this store. I'll think on it and put what I bought later below.
I bought one Thunder, one Elfire, one Divine, one Nosferatu, and one Flux.

148_zpsdklfznyg.png
That Resistance...

149_zpsd47yaupb.png
I'll be taking that.

150_zps5ayfd1iy.png
Nice!

151_zpsfaoqapnl.png152_zpsbhhbiife.png153_zpsevyresrw.png154_zps9ftxrykf.png
We fight!
Zeiss misses and gets hit. Want to get that chip level before Roy ends Brunja.

155_zps3w4w2d36.png
Yes, Lilina!

156_zps0keiy1to.png
Zeiss, noooooo.

157_zpshybjlhpo.png158_zpsbj8gjjdf.png
And by Turn 22, Roy has downed Brunja.

159_zps9aey059u.png
The Speeeeeeed

160_zps8r7hwifr.png
Roy's Power Hour has these stats naturally. That Strength, Speed, and Resistance.
I have two other Energy Rings in the convoy, so I think I'll give Roy one. Other than Lance and Shanna, there's not much contest for Energy Rings. I'll decide later who I should give the other Energy Rings and statboosters to.
screenshot for sig purposes? i don't know

161_zpstheffgs8.png162_zpslc0y7122.png
Dem stats

163_zpseyn3u5uz.png164_zpsghqjqgoe.png
Dem stats

And with Elphin's help, Roy ends this map on Turn 24.

165_zpslqb3jtfs.png166_zpscr0qtp0c.png
What could be bothering him?

167_zpsl5cwpenb.png169_zpseexqvelq.png
I don't like the sounds of this...
Roy still doesn't know what Elphin means.

170_zpsudg0wphp.png
My guess was going to be that the dragons would be immune to any damage except from legendary weapons.

171_zps7p2vomov.png
Look at you, Roy! You're the second coming of the Scouring with those stats!

172_zpskm8rssuh.png
I'll probably have to Hammerne a couple of them, actually...
Cursed Binding Blade. Stupid finite uses/10

173_zpsbd1rcaly.png174_zpsgrpai2o5.png
Only the most competent can come with me.

175_zps9sfg4hxk.png
Then Elphin realizes that if Roy was making the decision, he wouldn't be able to come in.
Scrub Elphin can't use any weapon, let alone the legendary ones.

176_zpsdi9njlyc.png
This isn't Sacred Stones or Awakening. Just good ol' "from-one-map-to-the-next" Fire Emblem.

177_zpssx3sfbj8.png
Where's my Endgame?!

Interestingly, there were no reinforcements. Either I didn't wait long enough or there just were none...
We're on our way inside the Dragon Sanctuary. Brunja has been defeated. Is this Endgame or not?

NOTE: If the next chapter is this game's Endgame, I'd like to finish the alternate run before ending the main one. Let's close out on the real end of this game!

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Great Lord   12.26    47     22(+2)  24      23      25      10      19
Allen      Paladin      16.43    54     25      21      25      15      14       5
Lance      Paladin      13.04    50     17      20      25      13      11       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight  13.01    42(+7) 15(+2)  23      28      26       9      12
Rutger     Swordmaster   9.03    47     18      29      25       7      10       6
Saul       Bishop       12.08    38     19      23      24       4       6      23
Lilina     Sage         17.48    37     30      13      21      19       6      22
Astore     Thief        18.12    32      8      10      18      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper       13.48    43     18      19      19      11      12      10
Elphin     Bard         20.00    26      1       4      20      24       6       8
Geese      Berserker    10.59    54     23      17(+4)  19      15      14       3
Milady     Wyvern Lord  18.49    58     25      26      22      12      17       7
Zeiss      Wyvern Lord  10.08    50     25      23      16(+4)  10      17       4
Niime      Druid        20.00    27(+7) 21      20      16      15       5      19

Reset: 7
Lost: 5
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen
Chapter 23          Karel                  Unrecruited

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durandal!Miledy is a thing! WHOOOOOOOO!

Personally I feel that pride can force you into stupid situations like this one.

Karel has God growths. That's no typo for good. His bases are decent too. He's kick Rutger's ass at this point. Free wo dao too.

Good luck sleeping Brenya on a throne. Don't you know from FE7 that thrones cure status effects?

Next chapter is stupidly easy. Good luck with it.

Also, that Roy is amazing.

Edited by momogeek2141

The next chapter is legendary. It's made even more amazing when you play fe7 first. Like, I'm not even kidding. ALL your questions on the scouring will be answered next chapter. Oh, and a hint: you've seen Jhan before... :)

EDIT: I mean it's legendary in a storyline PoV. And I'm exaggerating.

Edited by Ghengis Khan

HM Zephiel is...slightly less fearsome than you'd think

He only gets +1 to HP. Yup.

As you surmised, Karel is only recruitable by Bartre and Fir (he comes at L19 with good stats, and hilariously broken growths, every single one over 100%).

Durandal!Miledy is absolutely brokenly overpowered....almost as much as your Roy like how is he that good I don't even understand

Brunja is an absolute terror in HM as you'd expect.

[spoiler="Her HM Stats]OnIbaoj.pngRITujk4.png

42 Mt 10 Range attacks off 18 AS post-con is utterly insane, she actually doubled and almost ORKO'd my 29res (14x2 damage after WTA) Ellen last time I played this chapter. Her high avoid and capped defenses are nothing to scoff at either

That AI confuses me. I actually thought Brunja's guards on this chapter were stationary, I've personally never seen them move before. Weird.

The next chapter is hilarious. I think you'll enjoy it greatly (and it's pretty awesome for storyline purposes)

Edited by elf_01

[spoiler=Chapter 23-1 - *Brunja*s last stand*]

11_zpstcy6llpo.png

Three of these Druids in proximity to the boss have two Sleep staves and one Berserk staff. The Killer Ballistae is just inside their range.

I don't know if I can risk barrier-ing Milady and have her take out the center without any complications. They just have too much Magic.

This is assuming that they move. If they don't, that would make my day--but I'm not going to count on it.

20_zpssz5kksav.png21_zpssbxlivsb.png

This is Brunja, a competent Sage. High Magic, okay-ish Speed (14-16, weighed down by Bolting or Fimbulvetr, respectively), high Defense, and capped Resistance.

If at all possible, I would like Niime to put Brunja to sleep. She's going to hit hard with Fimbulvetr, snipe me with Bolting, and that Guiding Ring just to taunt me.

TAUNT ME. Because this is probably the semi-last chapter of the game and Intelligent Systems, being the TROLOLOL company they are, thought that the players would legit keep a magic unit unpromoted and STILL use them up until this chapter.

And then Intelligent Systems proceeds to kick the player right in their sensitive parts and laugh as they waited until the semi-last chapter and can only use said magic unit in the next chapter.

Intelligent Systems, why? That's just mean and unnecessary and all around a terrible practice.

24_zpsnx2lgsph.png

Bring your talismans and amulets, we've got some purging to do.

34_zpsfhzmnc7s.png35_zpsoohlzlxe.png

He has some semblance of logic.

37_zps0ljemy77.png

And he leaves them because humans are just too "irrational."

45_zpshd7w9wfl.png46_zpsfuzqhhao.png47_zpsswgy56cj.png48_zpsqq4qjgbi.png

Honorable woman. At least she doesn't give bitch slaps of "FOLLOW MY ORDERS, WENCH."

God Zephiel was such a tool.

That is a problem without ranged Magic/Restore.
Bosses cannot be immoblilized with status conditions.
That's the last free one in the game!
But...your better off keeping it for the funds rank as it isn't viable in any way possible.
Actually, Talismens/Res get useless after Chapter 23. Save them for the funds rank. Since no one uses magic after this chapter.
Let her think that.
Your smart not to get involved!
Brunja is much like Lady Une in Gundam Wing!

[spoiler=Chapter 23-2 - *Enemy AI whacks out*]

127_zpsa6w78gj6.png

I hate status Druids.

I hate Milady's inability to rescue him.

131_zps3weynrsf.png

TANK ROY

Turn 11

134_zpsxtz8m87e.png

Haaaaaaaa

I wanted Merlinus to survive for stat boosters. Thanks a lot, me.

Well, thankfully, I do have the Speedwings on Zeiss and an Energy Ring on Roy, but it looks like I'm going to have to wait next chapter to use the ones in Merlinus' convoy.

i r smrt

137_zps1bd4yzvn.png

I love you, Barrier. Lilina can now Physic!

138_zpsgr4co1pl.png139_zpsjb8qa1lb.png

How?

She misses Bolting Lilina.

140_zps7v8tzffi.png

Was worth a shot.

141_zpsaa2yrfrf.png

I swore the Binding Blade wasn't effective to dragons (Manaketes, Wyverns) because I tried on a Wyvern before. I don't recall seeing effective damage.

Perhaps it's only effective on Manaketes.

Roy crit-kills the Manakete. I won't worry about the Gems this playthrough (Roy's in range of the Druid with the Blue Gem).

Thankfully, they're rare in the FE7 game unless you play on Hector Hard.
Already 4.9 abve his average!
Only problem is that you cannot use items while in the setup screen.
They only can be used in battle in this game!
Awesome! :D
I usually only could get hers to C rank.
Losing your touch, Lilina. D:
Non ranked, so go ahead!

Personally I feel that pride can force you into stupid situations like this one.

Karel has God growths. That's no typo for good. His bases are decent too. He's kick Rutger's ass at this point. Free wo dao too.

Good luck sleeping Brenya on a throne. Don't you know from FE7 that thrones cure status effects?

vxk3.pngot5p.png
mlhu.png
Wish I could have that Roy. Though it took till my 17th run to have this Shanna.
-----
Good luck with the next chapter.
Fae is forced on the map and that it can be hard without characters with good Str/Silver/Devil, Magic/Light Brand, Wyrmslayer/Dragon Buster, Divine Weapons.
Edited by Pan_Chan

Durandal!anyone is pretty cool. I like +5 Strength.

Yeah. I remember something about Karel's growths being massive. Too bad I couldn't get him.

I honestly forgot about that fact, haha. You can tell I don't use status staves often.

It is easy until something goes horribly wrong...

Roy said he was done being scrub-lord after 20+ chapters of being scrub-lord.

The next chapter is legendary. It's made even more amazing when you play fe7 first. Like, I'm not even kidding. ALL your questions on the scouring will be answered next chapter. Oh, and a hint: you've seen Jhan before... :)

EDIT: I mean it's legendary in a storyline PoV. And I'm exaggerating.

I hope I get some questions answered. And I have, eh? I don't recall Jahn at all but we'll see.

Exaggerating, eh? We'll see, we'll see.

HM Zephiel is...slightly less fearsome than you'd think

He only gets +1 to HP. Yup.

As you surmised, Karel is only recruitable by Bartre and Fir (he comes at L19 with good stats, and hilariously broken growths, every single one over 100%).

Durandal!Miledy is absolutely brokenly overpowered....almost as much as your Roy like how is he that good I don't even understand

Brunja is an absolute terror in HM as you'd expect.

[spoiler="Her HM Stats]OnIbaoj.pngRITujk4.png

42 Mt 10 Range attacks off 18 AS post-con is utterly insane, she actually doubled and almost ORKO'd my 29res (14x2 damage after WTA) Ellen last time I played this chapter. Her high avoid and capped defenses are nothing to scoff at either

That AI confuses me. I actually thought Brunja's guards on this chapter were stationary, I've personally never seen them move before. Weird.

Zephiel's HM bonuses = lame

Karel did Wolf and Sedgar before Wolf and Sedgar (in terms of growth rates). I almost forgot Karel was here... except I didn't expect him this late in the game and only available in the true ending. That's sneaky, Intelligent Systems!

Brunja's HM bonuses = oh jeez

I've been thinking of what I'll do after getting the true end. Maybe some average stat comparisons and overall thoughts on the game. We'll see :)

I guess I can never be sure of FE6 enemy AI, what with Chapter 21 being a thing. This wasn't the first time FE AI crapped out on me (this incident involving FE9 Jill not auto-recruiting herself, forcing me to restart the chapter).

That's the last free one in the game!

But...your better off keeping it for the funds rank as it isn't viable in any way possible.

Actually, Talismens/Res get useless after Chapter 23. Save them for the funds rank. Since no one uses magic after this chapter.

Already 4.9 abve his average!

Awesome! :D

I usually only could get hers to C rank.

vxk3.pngot5p.png

mlhu.png

Wish I could have that Roy. Though it took till my 17th run to have this Shanna.

-----

Good luck with the next chapter.

Fae is forced on the map and that it can be hard without characters with good Str/Silver/Devil, Magic/Light Brand, Wyrmslayer/Dragon Buster, Divine Weapons.

Yeah, probably. Even if ranking is easier in this game, as been told.

No magic after this chapter? Huh. Good to know.

Roy is? Now I'm curious on how he averagely does.

Wahoo for non-ranked meaning spamming ALL the staves :D

I want that Shanna. Whatever happened to my Shanna of good unpromoted Strength?

At this rate, I won't even need all those Silvers that I bought--perhaps because this is Normal mode. I wonder how this chapter is in Hard mode.

So I guess this chapter is not Endgame. I'll be playing catch up with the alternate run. In the meantime...

NOTE: Who knew I would end up having to reset this chapter despite it being easy? Fae encountered an ambush spawn Manakete and burned to death from a Manakete following her.

NOTE: However! Second post will be my finishing of this chapter, so there is no waiting for you guys!

[spoiler=Chapter 24.1 - *Capture the Throne and Info Dumps: The Map*]

1_zpsyjubagxt.png

I can just smell the ending.

2_zps1j7z7oa2.png

We could negotiate peace with the dragons.

No? I guess not.

3_zpsqlggbxae.png

Can I finally get some answers?

4_zpsld8kgc3u.png

Everything was a lie?!

Time to look at the map...

5_zpsumz41rg3.png

and...

6_zpsgbsw1xby.png

Uh

THIS MAP IS HUGE

AND THIS BACKGROUND SUCKS

Who thought a gradient this sharp (with strips of color I can clearly see as vastly different shades) was a good idea?!

Besides that point

7_zpsbmzlve0n.png

There are these buildings that I can't get into except for the very first one.

I'm going to take a stab at what I'm supposed to do:

Roy needs put his ass on every throne he encounters in order to unlock the next building and snake our way to the top.

I mean

It's not any different from what he's done every other map

The enemies...

8_zpssumhf3pm.png9_zps1kowokwi.png

The right Manakete is the one on the throne. I guess it's not considered a boss and just more like a higher-leveled Manakete on a throne.

With all the legendary weapons, Wyrmslayers, magic, and Hammerne at my disposal, I should be fine.

10_zps7uwh4wl9.png

After restocking and having units carry the big guns (i.e. legendary weapons), we're ready.

I couldn't get Yoder to S Light and I don't feel like taking him. Saul can chip and be the sole healer if necessary.

Fae's mandatory. Thankfully I did train her up a bit beforehand.

Oh, as for statboosters, I've decided not to bother. Everyone's pretty much good and I am more worried about weapons than stats currently.

11_zpsfhpuzlvr.png

I don't know how the Manaketes not on thrones work, but I'm ready for them.

Let's hunt us some dragons!

12_zpsjhs1ip8l.png

What truth will we find in the Dragon Sanctuary?

13_zpsrkkipg2b.png

If by "air" you mean the music that is not here, then yes. It feels strange.

14_zpsokcbrryf.png

Let's make our own legends, Roy my boy!

15_zpsda02u0e7.png

Yes. Someone just had to open the gate and let bloodthirsty dragons in here.

I mean, can we negotiate about this? Fae turned out fine!

18_zpsematxmoh.png19_zpsepsopltb.png

What does that mean?

21_zpsa30bcuil.png

More talky?

22_zpshaolp2dz.png

> Fire Emblem is color-coded

> Wears too much red

> Demons are traditionally black or dark purple

= Jahn's obviously not the demon dragon

23_zpselrapjmm.png24_zpsuk7jlezm.png

"War dragons," you say? Are they artificially-created dragons or...?

25_zpsbwdafuqb.png26_zps0l5cob1n.png

How is Idun different?

Did you now? So you're a Scouring veteran?

28_zpsw8ufwi8y.png

I wouldn't have assumed such. Powerful, maybe, but not the leader.

Let's let Jahn clarify this.

29_zpsumyhif0y.png

Shock and horror! Whoever the demon dragon is is just another pawn by other dragons?!

This is interesting.

31_zpskdsmqmbm.png

Roy, ask in my place. Ask for ALL the backstory and exposition!

35_zpsetpzogoe.png

Then don't...?

36_zpsmhcu2tje.png

... you are the absolute WORST villain in this game--no, I almost forgot Narcien.

You are the SECOND WORST villain in this game.

38_zpslztwsuof.png39_zpsc4tvpkyu.png

We're seriously doing this?

Agh, whatever. Story/gameplay reason for me to knock some dragon heads.

42_zps2bh2z6bs.png

Nah, Roy. He's just going to run like a bastard at lightning-speed like all villains do when they have a set position.

43_zpshm90xgkk.png

Such "arcane" magicks.

Also, what is the point of him making this small test or game to know the truth? It's pointless for him and just wastes energy.

Agh whatever. Let's get this over with.

Turn 1

46_zpstkbhpik7.png

Due to how big this map is and how little enemies there may be (as evidenced in the first room), I may need to skip about as I'm just moving units towards goal point(s).

Of note, this theme kicks some ass.

*Future Me*

Alright, this map gameplay-wise is quite boring. 3-4 Manaketes in a room that gets unlocked by Roy sitting his butt on a throne. Info dump each throne-capturing. Repeat a few times.

I'll show off the first couple of rooms. I basically just repeat the same strategy of having Roy clean house on all the dragons with a switch between Wyrmslayer and Binding Blade. Roy kills the Manakete guarding the room with the Wyrmslayer; Roy defeats the two non-throne Manaketes with the Binding Blade with support bonuses from Lilina; Roy kills the throne Manakete with either Binding Blade or Wyrmslayer.

Lilina eventually Hammernes the Binding Blade and, poof, end of chapter.

So yes employing skipping after the first two throne rooms.

47_zpszbzclrpo.png

Elphin used his play to get Roy further ahead. I'm still trying to level Roy some.

Turn 2

No enemies moved. Mm...

48_zpsauzc4uwn.png

Do they move when I'm in range?

Elphin played Fae.

West Manakete hits Roy. Roy stabs twice with the Wyrmslayer for a kill.

Turn 3

Lilina physics Roy.

Elphin plays Fae.

Fae kills the east Manakete in two shots after the Manakete sets her feathers on fire.

51_zpsfz9z99pd.png

Now she has enough!

Saul physics Fae.

Roy crit-kills the Manakete on the throne. Saves me one Wyrmslayer use.

52_zpsrzw7yofq.png

Will take Roy off the throne next turn.

Turn 4

Roy claims the throne, where we get another Jahn projection talking to us.

56_zpsqqqo5vz6.png

Not when your dragons can't double attack me and die to two stabs from a Wyrmslayers.

Don't toy with me. Your dragons were like the easiest things I've beaten recently.

58_zpsmptqqtdc.png

More like the lucky level ups I got with Roy.

59_zpsuri9pjq4.png

The biggest one being Roy's inability to promote until after Chapter 21x.

61_zpsadhxfv6y.png

With each claiming of the throne, I get to hear the truth? Okay. Start explaining.

63_zpsd75arxs1.png

Oh, ho! What's this?

65_zpstbhwqp3f.png

I'm not sure anymore.

68_zpsndbifhoj.png

But what's this about the demon dragon? How did they create it?

69_zpsmzep1gdm.png

Really now!

71_zpsvfrad64b.png72_zpsimu4njcy.png73_zpspyudnxxn.png

What the...!

76_zpsaibpriz7.png77_zpsfv6sznym.png

And it still ended with your defeat.

So Idun is working as a mindless puppet. That really sucks.

I would ask how they destroyed Idun's soul but I'll let it go this time.

Jahn disappears.

80_zpsgyo6gtu9.png

This room is now open. Interestingly, the Manakete guarding the entrance and the throne Manakete are holding Elixirs.

Elphin has two Elixirs in case I need any. I'm good.

Allen rescues Roy so Milady can take him and move west enough that Elphin can reach her. After that, Milady drops Roy in front of the guarding Manakete.

81_zpsnngbs3ep.png

Roy will be MVP of this map.

I couldn't catch it in time but there is a reinforcement Manakete from where we started. I guess to say that we need to hurry or not to leave anyone behind.

Manakete burns Roy. Roy retaliates by killing the dragon.

Turn 5

82_zpswfe5pye3.png

The reinforcement in question. He also has an Elixir.

Saul physics Roy.

Elphin plays Lilina.

Lilina gets in range of Roy for support bonus without being in range of the Manaketes.

This gives Roy enough Attack to kill the throne Manakete from a distance with the Binding Blade.

83_zpslcxxr1fl.png

ROY, GET OFF THE RES BUS

SERIOUSLY

Allen and Igrene Rescue-Drop Elphin.

84_zpsrooelfnp.png

Roy should be able to survive this turn even if taking both hits from the Manaketes. Thanks, Binding Blade's +5 Def!

After taking a flame breath from the Manakete, Roy crit-kills.

Roy dodges a flame blast by... shifting slightly, still in the flame's path. A whack from the Binding Blade and Manakete goes down.

Turn 6

Saul physics Roy.

Roy claims the throne...

89_zpsw8dbjk8y.png90_zpsl4hijup0.png

Sure. An estimated nine month gestation period may seem quick to a dragon...

92_zpsejkbnsp7.png

I see! So they took the concept of a fast gestation period and employed it to the demon dragon's ability to create war dragons.

Interesting. Very interesting.

93_zpsgb5vnxs3.png94_zpstgglvhgo.png

I mean, how could it not? It's basically Nergal's morphs in dragon form.

97_zpsqmlxntkj.png

Not even the Divine Dragons agreed with them. But did the Divine Dragons participate in the war by other means or were they the neutral in the whole conflict?

98_zpsyjknc3cn.png99_zpskdzuloxs.png

Idun is technically a female that got kidnapped. That makes it...

Lilina, Guinivere, Elen, Clarine, Sue, (Lalum), Sophia, Cecilia, Fae, Niime, Juno (plus all the women in her cell, but I won't count that), and Idun.

That's 12 kidnappings/trappings in this game. Holy. Shit.

100_zpssaf5lsv5.png101_zpsnlhvebdi.png

Well, yeah. I would hesitate too. My soul is about to be crushed.

103_zpshrphlglw.png

Man, normal dragons are such dicks in this game.

106_zpsaqi8c6nh.png107_zpsh5hnuncb.png109_zpsffm6nbwl.png

Bastard!

And then Roy says that's vile and Jahn flees.

111_zpsatowujkm.png

A new room with four Manaketes. The throne one is slightly stronger than the other throne ones so far, at Level 14. Ooooh, I-I-I'm sooooo scared!

I'll be properly skipping as mentioned in the *Future Me* section.

On Turn 7, a new reinforcement Manakete came out of the throne of the first room we entered. Perhaps I should have Fae feast on them?

Roy bites a flame blast and then crit-kills.

Roy dodges the second and kills the Manakete.

On Turn 8, after claiming the third throne...

119_zpse4amjmsi.png120_zpsk77poa5f.png

Because they're easy with the legendary weapons and a Wyrmslayer!

Even magic tells them to go away!

123_zpsiebt4wwj.png124_zpstc6dqfsk.png

Did this lead to the creation of the legendary weapons?

125_zpsa3iyg8ft.png126_zps5ihkv5yb.png

So legendary in fact that they can last 1000 years against the harshest weather and conditions--but not 20 uses in battle.

Finite uses/10

127_zpsfd0ypdws.png128_zpsbc9inrzz.png129_zpsxv6npmmj.png

Uh huh...

131_zpsvl0eyp2t.png

You mean they didn't when you forced a divine dragon to turn into a demon dragon and had her summon soulless war dragons?

And this collapse was the Ending Winter.

133_zpsq8tx0ane.png134_zpsv8bwpnem.png

According to Jahn, this was not the case.

138_zpsqmu90jgt.png

I guess so.

140_zpsg4vsxchy.png141_zpsxqajfrag.png

Oh shut up, Jahn.

We wielded them again because, I don't know, DRAGONS threatened to kill all the humans.

It's not right on either side...

143_zpsqoojdgzk.png144_zpsymvycpyf.png

So bringing about another disaster gets hand-waved. gudstorytelling

146_zpsaqd7bb1v.png

He flees again after this bit.

147_zpsopmjlgyw.png

The new room.

149_zpsvx79n1hq.png

Fae levels

151_zps00cj5etc.png

I appreciate the Strength but...

ENOUGH WITH THE RES

152_zpsllglwutl.png

I would like more uses of that Binding Blade, please.

154_zpsdgstj1ep.png

Fae levels

Turn 10

Lilina moves to give support bonus out of attacking range.

Roy equips the Wyrmslayer.

Saul physics Fae.

Allen drops Elphin.

155_zpsuharnquw.png

Fae moved to just in range of the oncoming Manakete.

And another reinforcement pops out from the throne room Fae's in...

Well!

156_zpsnmz6licy.png

Argh! I thought I was in the clear for any more resets.

Reset: 8

*mumbles about Fae and stupid reinforcement Manakete spawns*

[spoiler=Chapter 24.2 - *Less dying, please*]
Right. Yes. Let's use statboosters because why not

1_zpsmnwplfd2.png2_zpslylzqmn3.png

4_zpstch6ctcv.png
Still capped Strength and he got more Defense. Good.

5_zpsevepcihf.png6_zps3dyl06ji.png8_zpsiwzfh4zl.png
Fae used another Energy Ring but I didn't capture that one.

7_zps9wo6pzg8.png
I would wish for better stats but she's not being used other than for healing.

9_zpsnyq0kop4.png
If you could cap Speed, that would be amazing.

*Future Me*
And yep, basically the same strategy as before. I'll show off this room and do skipping again.

10_zpsqmxkrolh.png
We're back here on Turn 11, now with less Fae death but more Manaketes.
Let's be quick. A Manakete is in range of Milady. Allen has been carrying Roy so...

Allen drops Roy from the small alcove to the south, making sure Roy equips the Binding Blade for insurance.

11_zpsge0weo0k.png
Now with less death, please?

Milady takes in some fire breath--with a 2 crit chance. Oi! Milady takes two Maltet uses to kill the Manakete.
Roy dodges and kills one.
Roy doesn't dodge the other and kills on retaliation.

Turn 12

Lilina physics Milady.
Elphin plays Lilina.
Lilina physics Roy.
Roy with the Wyrmslayer crit-kills the throne Manakete.

12_zpsmwrahxe3.png
Not knowing where the next reinforcement will come out of...

13_zps3vwdxdu0.png
Doesn't that make it the third reinforcement in that room?

Turn 13

Roy claims the throne for the fourth time...

14_zpszg1n011a.png
Everyone has. Roy has max Strength with one Energy Ring. Suck on that!
Explain the Ending Winter's effects, if you would, Jahn.

16_zpsucist4rw.png
Without their precious dragon breath, they were goners.

21_zpsoejhlwgb.png22_zpsrv5lsskd.png23_zpss2e1ebs2.png
I call bullshit of the highest order!
We are endothermic mammals that constantly need to maintain our internal temperature and that maintenance uses calories---
Why the fuck am I bringing logic into this?

25_zpsyu08wpen.png
poor bb
being crushed by Eight Legends
waaaaaaahhhhhhh

29_zpsywu3rkx6.png
So here's a question:
The dragons were banished to the other world via the Dragon's Gate. There was another world. And they're still living over there.
Ergo, they are surviving over there.
Why, then, do they even care anymore to strike up conflict over here? They have another world yonder and they are willing to die on Elibe for... what exactly?
If it's survival, that's not it for Elibe anymore. That would be for the other world.
I'll just wait a bit and see if there is a reason like they are losing food or resources or something on why they need to attack Elibe again.

30_zpsljxsmgox.png
Zephiel: a tool.

31_zpskw2pn0ba.png
Another room pops up. Two more to go.
Commence the skipping!

33_zpsvh62uc0f.png
Not much else now.

On Turn 15, another Manakete reinforcement comes from the throne room two behind us.
The Manaketes in the current throne room want Allen instead. First one misses and dies in one swoop.
Second one hits Allen and promptly gets killed.

On Turn 16, Roy claims the throne...

38_zpszc0c4ymo.png
I'm so honored.
I'm hating this guy by the second.
Jahn asks if we know of Hartmut and what Hartmut did to the dragon, who was in human form at the time. This was after the Eight Legends killed the dragons' leader.

47_zpsv1jqd0ck.png49_zpsi9o0bawr.png
Makes sense. She wasn't commanded to attack--or she couldn't be commanded to attack. Still, how does that make Zephiel her leader later?

51_zpssftk11zb.png
Sympathy for someone or something that looks human, I guess.

54_zpshoejzf1n.png55_zps2dgi7w51.png57_zpsck6ulrh3.png58_zpsl8akedg2.png
How did it exist? Where did he get it?

61_zpsrfaezh8t.png
So has Roy been putting other dragons to sleep... or has it weakened over time that it can't do that anymore?
Either gameplay/story segregation or MAGIC.

63_zpsftiff358.png
"Hart"mut's blade spared Idun.

66_zpsfes4epel.png67_zpsmziqenec.png
Fucking robots in disguise.

70_zpsc2vaanh7.png
Says the guy who basically is letting Roy kill through all the minion dragons like cutting paper and not doing a thing about it but tell stories.
What a horrible villain!

71_zpscp8vcinr.png
Will we replicate this effect?
Perhaps Roy may... purify Idun or put her back to sleep.
Mm...

73_zpslxsbof0f.png74_zpsyzspjy6f.png
Oh look it's like the Fire Emblem
You know the thing the series is named after
It has importance again or something

77_zpsfjrl28ia.png
Fiend! He knew what he brought onto the world!

80_zpsqk2i3lbw.png81_zpsuloa4yj6.png
He haunts me after death.

84_zpsfed2twrd.png
Please end all this throne-seizing.

On Turn 18, that's another seize for Roy.

87_zpsrqnzodj5.png
Figured as much.

88_zpsoiivmigu.png
Will you be any different from a regular Manakete?

89_zpsaawppjvc.png
Weren't you outside last chapter?

93_zpsjshpzvyf.png
How did you know the demon dragon would or could get resurrected?

94_zpsvfijgqxs.png
You lost.
You got banished to another world.
You and your kind in the other world survived.
You said you fought to survive and nothing else.
I'm very confused here. Why are you doing this again?

95_zpsfaebjdrs.png96_zpssjo9rvcj.png
Are you connected to her?

98_zps4x7ansgm.png99_zpsi8heoalb.png
Why is she connected to the sanctuary? Is it because she's a demon dragon, because she slept in it too long, or what?
Jahn, sure. He was trying to heal in it, I suppose, but I beg the question: does it accelerate his healing or could he have been bleeding out all his life until she woke up?
Granted, I have been playing this game over the course of three months (jeez!) so details that I should have remembered from earlier parts is foggy, but I also feel this chapter is serving as an info dump for the demon dragon arc that was not as hinted at enough during the main game that could end at Chapter 22 if you didn't meet requirements for the true ending.
I understand why it happened this way, but I think it could have been handled a bit better.

101_zpsqatzx4sm.png102_zpspp8uvkpz.png103_zpsmjnmsmyo.png104_zpsy5j7opde.png
Well he's doing his illusion magic to you right now, isn't he, Roy?
I'm not sure what the extent of power does he lose for being in his human form but I go, "fuck it it's video game magic."

106_zpshyfleetv.png
I guess I'll accept this answer. For now.

107_zpsusmsrigc.png
I'm done accepting answers.
I bet you are horrible outside of needing more legendary weapons cutting into your flesh.
And isn't that just sad? He spent 1000 years healing up... only to get hacked at again not that much time later.
Such is life for Jahn.

111_zpsi9y63fsf.png113_zpsghjyeavg.png
I feel like I heard this somewhere but I don't know where...
If it's something from FE7's ending, that ending is very foggy to me right now. All except for Zephiel's creep face.

115_zpsyh7qlmvv.png
OH
SO YOU WERE FROM FE7'S ENDING
"DRAGON" PRECEDED ZEPHIEL'S CREEP FACE
RIGHT
OKAY

116_zpsqq44clbo.png
CREEP FACE

117_zps4oq2o2ak.png119_zpsykldxghk.png
Sure.

120_zps7jt9yfgd.png
I still question
WHY DO YOU CARE
AT ALL

127_zpsqo3l63oh.png128_zpspdasrlfh.png129_zpsbhij4tnu.png
Yeah, pretty much.

131_zpsmjp0dija.png132_zpst2ebp5lx.png
I've only heard him really talk in one chapter.
He's already pissing me off greatly.
All these info dumps and insults are getting to me.
He lets us know one more thing, of which is really just his opinion.

135_zpsz2gl3iti.png
There's Arcadia.
I think you cradled your broken pride and you stuck in your sanctuary of DELUSIONS for far too long that you never knew about Arcadia.
Sack. Of. Shit.

138_zpswlgdt7xe.png
Roy and I speak the same language--though I'm being cruder.

142_zpsujr4vrbg.png
Hey, Fae. Can you come up here for a second?
Fae?... She's too far in the back. Fine.

144_zpsq2qu1qzz.png
The final room. THANK. GOD.

145_zpsut2ubike.png146_zpskh7w3f4p.png
Jahn, I want to punch your face in, and I've talked to you only this chapter. Congrats!
He's got 80 HP and crazy high defenses. 38 Defense and 24 Resistance total after accounting throne defenses.
But honestly, the man is likely to fall thanks to: a) no 1-2 range attack, b) x3 effective legendary weapons and, c) only 80 HP.
The fire dragon from FE7 was more threatening than this guy. That's saying something.

Turn 21

148_zpsjpgkb5oz.png149_zpspcqv0aoe.png150_zps8ith3v1z.png
(¬‿¬)

152_zpsnqwrpg7g.png
(¬‿¬)

153_zps01x6zgzx.png154_zpsjdoe0qgd.png
(¬‿¬)

155_zpsgjtaaieu.png
I'll never understand Roy's Resistance.

Manakete reinforcement from the third-to-last throne room on Turn 21 enemy phase.

Turn 22

157_zpsxosmw4og.png
I give Fae a Manakete kill because why not

158_zpsgvmvbipz.png
I actually didn't realize this until now but
Lilina is actually the highest leveled promoted unit--and what she was mostly doing all the time after promotion was healing.
I'm... actually speechless. I mean, it makes sense when I realize all the combat units I had and them having to split all the low combat EXP...
But Lilina has mostly been healing and she's ending this game at Level 19. I don't even know anymore...

Roy sits his butt on the last throne...

159_zpsi48vwiya.png
Is there a way to save her possibly? She's kind of led a shit life--and not even because she made those choices.

160_zps104tl1xg.png
NOW YOU SPEAK UP

163_zpsaoageeew.png165_zpsp9emmlgx.png
From the tone of this game's cast, I guess that would come off that way to her.

167_zpslt42y719.png
Take a wild guess, Roy.

168_zps96n6tgvx.png170_zpsmcnyccgm.png
Were you not paying attention that she was forced against her will?

171_zpsrmt7t9lj.png172_zps2tgurjtg.png
She was not listening. Haaaaa.

175_zpsr8qgizoy.png
As the last person who could have turned you into a demon dragon (except Idun) is now gone.
Wahoo Jahn's dead.

176_zpsofj7rjhw.png
So now that that's settled with Fae, what's next to talk about?

180_zpsqmjigdpo.png182_zpsnv6j5mlu.png
So how do we propose to do this?

185_zpslhkzhsmy.png186_zps1nlsc19q.png
What are we answering again? How do we plan to free the demon dragon from her fate?

Idun is next. Is there a way to save her from her unfortunate fate?
Before we can find that out, we return to the alternate run and finish that up. We shall savor the true end in due time...

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Great Lord   16.61    51(+7) 23(+2)  25      23      27      11(+2)  20
Allen      Paladin      16.93    54     25      21      25      15      14       5
Lance      Paladin      13.04    50     17      20      25      13      11       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight  13.01    42(+7) 15(+2)  23      28      26       9      12
Rutger     Swordmaster   9.03    47     18      29      25       7      10       6
Saul       Bishop       12.41    38     19      23      24       4       6      23
Lilina     Sage         19.00    38     30      14      22      20       6      23
Astore     Thief        18.12    32      8      10      18      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper       13.48    43     18      19      19      11      12      10
Elphin     Bard         20.00    26      1       4      20      24       6       8
Geese      Berserker    10.59    54     23      17(+4)  19      15      14       3
Milady     Wyvern Lord  18.59    58     25      26      22      12      17       7
Zeiss      Wyvern Lord  10.08    50     25      23      16(+4)  10      17       4
Niime      Druid        20.00    27(+7) 21      20      16      15       5      19

Reset: 8
Lost: 5
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop
Chapter 24          Fae                    Combat - Manakete

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen
Chapter 23          Karel                  Unrecruited

[spoiler=Chapter 24.2 - *Less dying, please*]

155_zpsgjtaaieu.png

I'll never understand Roy's Resistance.

171_zpsrmt7t9lj.png172_zps2tgurjtg.png

She was not listening. Haaaaa.

175_zpsr8qgizoy.png

As the last person who could have turned you into a demon dragon (except Idun) is now gone.

Wahoo Jahn's dead.

176_zpsofj7rjhw.png

So now that that's settled with Fae, what's next to talk about?

Such power that he couldn't have earlier.
Don't worry.
We won't ever cut you. If anyone else tries, they'll have to go through us.
-----
Good luck with the next segment!
Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Next chapter you just do it. Like. You just go in and. Do it. That's it.

Btw fire dragon's combat theme is a remix of Jahn's combat theme. Just throwing that out there.

The fight against Jahn is like an ideology battle. Dragon nationalist vs mankind nationalists. Or some shit.

Yeah, chapter 24 is a strange one. Every time you capture a throne, it causes (endless? 1 a turn for a long time) manakete reinforcements to spawn from the previous throne room (or the start of the map in the case of the first throne). Other than those reinforcements being annoying (the first time I did this chapter I had to restart due to my lvl 1 Fa dying to a reinforcement, before I said F it and just had her ride out the chapter rescued by Ellen), the entire chapter is a joke with divine weapons.

Jahn...is sort of a bitch. He DOES have a great battle theme, though, for whatever that's worth

So uhh...Idoun...sort of fails as a final boss (really, I consider Zephiel/maybe HM!Brunja as the final boss of the game since Jahn and Idoun are jokes). Looking forward to your post-game wrap-up!

Um...you might wanna spoiler that. We haven't exactly broke the news to him about Idoun.

Shanna X Bench

Also he's going to do the alternate run before Idoun, so it'll be a while before he kicks her bucket.

An unfortunate fate for Shanna.

I do know that Idun is someone you fight, but not if there's any tricks with her. :) That's about it.

If I can pump out the Sacae chapters (and normal ending? still debating this one since I've been doing all the gaidens in alternate run) in single posts, the LP might be closer to done in no time. It seems the Sacae chapters also repeat some information from the Ilia route so that helps.

Such power that he couldn't have earlier.

-----

Good luck with the next segment!

Roy is the ultimate resistor of status staff magic, haha.

When we finally get there! :)

Next chapter you just do it. Like. You just go in and. Do it. That's it.

Btw fire dragon's combat theme is a remix of Jahn's combat theme. Just throwing that out there.

The fight against Jahn is like an ideology battle. Dragon nationalist vs mankind nationalists. Or some shit.

Yeah. I've heard here and there that the final chapters of FE6 are really easy. Hopefully of one-parter length.

It is? Huh. Interesting.

Haha, seems so. Even after all that info-dumping in Chapter 24, I'm not that satisfied with the explanation on how the Scouring started--but I think I'll go into more detail later.

Yeah, chapter 24 is a strange one. Every time you capture a throne, it causes (endless? 1 a turn for a long time) manakete reinforcements to spawn from the previous throne room (or the start of the map in the case of the first throne). Other than those reinforcements being annoying (the first time I did this chapter I had to restart due to my lvl 1 Fa dying to a reinforcement, before I said F it and just had her ride out the chapter rescued by Ellen), the entire chapter is a joke with divine weapons.

Jahn...is sort of a bitch. He DOES have a great battle theme, though, for whatever that's worth

So uhh...Idoun...sort of fails as a final boss (really, I consider Zephiel/maybe HM!Brunja as the final boss of the game since Jahn and Idoun are jokes). Looking forward to your post-game wrap-up!

Pretty much summarizes both what happened and what this chapter is. I could have used this place for Roy's training but they seem to stop giving adequate experience at a certain point--and this chapter added more of my favorite chapter requisite (I really don't like Seize that much).

Jahn is second worst villain 8)

I can try to understand what happened with this chapter and Idun, but I still feel it's inconsistent in difficulty. It is a nice change of pace after the hell that was Chapter 21 though, haha.

So in these two posts are 12x-16x notes and missing content and then Chapter 17 Sacae. I did manage to get Chapter 17 in a single post.

Time for some catch-up involving all the stuff I missed as well as show a few units' promotions.

[spoiler=Alternate 5 - *This involves a lot of promoted Units*]

chap%2012x%202_zpss2ykj9ma.pngchap%2012x%203_zpsbkzzvzng.pngchap%2013%201_zpsig832zdx.png

Shin's here to pierce hearts.

I like Shin. Sure, he doesn't get a 1-2 range weapon, but I like Nomad Troopers over Snipers usually. Igrene is pretty good for a prepromote Sniper, however.

Unless that's because my Klain sucked a load in his levels.

The Nomad Trooper sprite was changed in FE7 to not have that helmet. I wonder why that was.

The only bad thing about Shin is I can't have my Shin x Ballista ship. Intelligent Systems is cruel that way.

So let's get to Perceval, shall we? I kept my file on the main run for Elphin recruiting.

2_zps8kidcedp.png

Elphin proceeds to surprise his knight.

6_zpsoh8sz0ad.png

No, Perceval. He's alive and well! He hasn't died a single time in this playthrough!

11_zpsjdpwb2kb.png

It has been quite some time since Perceval saw his lord. Much like Milady, Perceval is extremely loyal to Elphin/Myrddin and doesn't give much shit for anyone else.

13_zps67nnq4ds.png

This what was believed to have happened. But where did this rumor come from?

14_zps56ty22ap.png15_zpspwlhtfom.png

Well I guess he did fall off his horse, in a way.

17_zpsz45oirau.png

Douglas!

Essentially Perceval was my enemy two times because of Douglas, Bern, and Elphin. Unforgivable!

18_zpsteux97od.png19_zpsht9men9o.png20_zps9jjoqqi3.png

Daughter? Is Lalum Douglas' daughter? Or is it just some random person we never meet in the game?

21_zpsamh9o6a4.png

Perceval: MASAKA. DOUGLAS, YOU CUNNING BASTARD.

24_zpsayulod9l.png

So many months of surviving poison and this is where Elphin ends up: in the resistance force, now recruiting Perceval onto my team.

26_zps72hdk7ql.png

They considered context and how much of a good person Elphin is, I guess?

And because he's had months to watch over how Etrurian nobles are in the Isles, he has been lending his hand to the resistance.

31_zpssuotqf2p.png

Thanks to Roy, he's returned to the mainland--but doesn't quite tell his father, the man who's pretty much lost himself because of his son's apparent death, he's alive.

Elphin has high cruelty potential.

37_zpsdb2zosmn.png38_zpslyvmtkca.png

PERCEVAL GET

EXCEPT NOT REALLY BECAUSE MAIN RUN

And now here's Lalum, where I can have him permanently!

chap%2015%201_zpstd8vaa9b.png

She apparently knows Perceval.

chap%2015%204_zpsr7glijnu.png

As she was about to introduce herself, Perceval was going to leave.

LEAVE, PERCEVAL. LEAVE. SHE'S CLINGY.

chap%2015%205_zpstmhxnxec.png

Where could they have met?

chap%2015%206_zpsxcsr07ny.png

Oh? Why would she be there?

Or... was it the place she was trapped in when we rescued her? I don't recall now.

The possibility that she's Douglas' daughter is still on the table too.

chap%2015%207_zpsm0hhyeix.png

Oh shit, Perceval!

chap%2015%208_zpscgafnz8v.png

She gives up easily. Lalum introduces herself and says she's under orders of Prince Myrddin of which Perceval's like, "NO WAY THAT'S LUDICROUS PRINCE MYRDDIN'S DEAD."

chap%2015%2013_zpsmosfz9jv.png

To prove she is not full of shit, she hands over Prince Myrddin's emblem and a letter from him. Perceval probably cries in joy or something.

chap%2015%2018_zpsat6sa850.png

And then I get this badass. Yeah!

chap%2015%2019_zpsgcj2pzoj.png

It leaves Lalum disappointed because Perceval didn't doubt it after the emblem and letter. She was hoping she needed to fight him to gain his skill.

I'm like, "Lalum, there's no way you would win. You don't have a single weapon you can wield."

I haven't forgotten that I got another person to recruit--via the same way I recruited Gonzales.

chap%2015%2024_zpsk962pofa.png

Lilina: The Caeda/Sheeda of Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, minus the Roger-teasing.

chap%2015%2026_zps4bosewul.pngchap%2015%2027_zpsexhotz43.png

Actually a pretty logical question from him, since she looks like she's 14 or 15 and asking him his purpose in life.

So why does he raid villages?

chap%2015%2030_zpslwkaqhdc.png

He's the Cath in male, Berserker form.

I kind of hate you by association. Sorry, Garret.

chap%2015%2031_zpsfk4bef9k.png

IT'S THE SAME ARGUMENT AS ROY/CATH

SKIPPING

chap%2015%2034_zpstpcqqipk.png

Unlike Cath, he goes, "Now move out of the way before I do something we both will regret."

Lilina's all, "No kthnx"

chap%2015%2042_zps4x4wtrqn.png

And earns respect from Garret enough that he joins us. Woot.

chap%2015%2055_zpsd3bvyxou.png

For saving his minions before they could suicide themselves on the enemies, Perceval hears that they will station themselves at this castle.

They find a Knight's Crest in the castle and hand it over to Perceval.

They don't know that Perceval is already a Paladin and doesn't need that crap--HOWEVER, Lance could use it and he does next chapter.

So you guys remember Hugh and how I spent 10K Gold on him and I didn't use him?

chap%2016%201_zpseiyilxmn.png

I want a file where I get everyone that I come across on my path so...

NO

chap%2016%202_zpsvlygro9c.png

You tell him, Roy! A Mage that doesn't come with a Guiding Ring AND doesn't have amazing growths isn't worth my money.

I could pay for two Boots for that price (with Silver Card)!

chap%2016%204_zpsuimthqzr.png

Yeah. I keep saying no until...

chap%2016%2014_zpsxkwhq1xm.png

FINE. I did say I wanted an "all units recruited" run. And he is begging so I do say yes to this offer.

chap%2016%2017_zpsffjw6bb7.png

If memory serves correctly, these stats really aren't that changed from his 10K stats.

I mean, there is a difference, but it's not much of a difference, as far as I remember.

10K I would expect capped stats and remarkable growths.

But overall if his lowest offer is 5K Gold (which is still kind of steep), he has to be good somewhere, and I'm not seeing it currently.

Perhaps if I was in a draft or I was really curious and felt like waiting for a Mage, maybe I would try Hugh. As it stands now, I'm not impressed.

chap%2016%2019_zpsxebjupvn.pngchap%2016%2020_zpsvfls2jih.png

The Secret Shop I missed. It's got stuff I want.

I buy an additional Guiding Ring and two Angelic Robes because I feel like it. I would give one later to Clarine and one to Tate.

Mentioning Clarine...

chap%2016x%201_zpsd04plvi0.pngchap%2016x%202_zps3yjvd3uq.pngchap%2016x%203_zpsaafnfpkh.png

I promoted her. Wow. She is a huge dodgetank. Magic could use some work however.

As just a dodgetank that could support with Rutger for even more dodgetanking, she's pretty cool.

And she's pretty cool for starting her magic battle career with a critical.

chap%2016x%204_zpsrru5rzjv.pngchap%2016x%205_zps79kufnsi.png

And Tate. She ended up with the same Strength as Shanna did on the main run. I don't know if that's average for Tate or what; but, for now, I'm okay with this.

I feel she's like Fiora: Fiora was solid in the growths department (as far as I remember), but she was not considered great because the chapter she was in was not beneficial and she started too low in level.

Tate had a similar thing going on--but she's serviceable in Normal mode. I can't say for Hard mode. She could stand to have more Luck for crit-dodging/Avoid.

After doing Chapter 16x again (with less panic this time), it's time I got to a route split--this time involving Sacae.

[spoiler=Alternate 6 - *Dodging Shots in the Dark*]
We still strive to drive out the revolutionaries, but Roartz and Arcardo flee to Sacae instead of Ilia.
Ilia was a place where units like Milady and Shanna thrived best. Since Sacae is known for their horse-mounted Nomads, I would hazard a guess that horse-mounted units will do best on these maps.

5_zpsaq9fdpng.png
So in the route split, we have to screw over one nation until the end of the war? I didn't save Sacae in the Ilia route and it seems I'm not saving Ilia in the Sacae route. That's cruel.
We form the Etrurian Army, Roy leads the attack in Sacae, we do this for driving out revolutionaries and attack Bern, yada yada.
After all the prejudice Sacaean nomads faced in the... past? (prejudice doesn't seem that prevalent in FE6)... there is a problem fighting in Sacae.

12_zpszoshpnxk.png14_zpsr5fdinfg.png
Seems the Djute either were forced into Brunja's control or they joined willingly.

15_zpsmonhjpub.png16_zpsjlaeniuk.png
We do have Sue and Shin of the Kutolah clan. I'm sure we'll find some support in Sacae.

17_zpslae8chtb.png
We're in for another Fog of War map.

18_zps4xedlahr.png19_zpsykfsfmcu.png
Got a couple villages to visit. Around the closest village are the only houses, Armory, and Arena.

20_zpstte2qwfr.png
Two ballistae this time. While the darkness will be a hamper at first, they shouldn't be too bad to deal with.

Deploying Chad, Astore, and Cath to see if there are enemies nearby.

22_zpsyczucmsi.png
I catch this Mage to the east of me.

23_zps3nqddhkq.png
I'm finding myself using the Trade Armory more, probably because I have more units this playthrough. After getting the Silver Card, it's not a bad place for when I need more base weapons, I guess.
I mean, that is my thing. Use Iron weapons until I get to the highest rank--unless it's Milady, because it's Milady <3

24_zpsvsod5ol6.png
I've got plans to get rid of the closest ballista.

Let's roll out.

25_zpsaw3m0prw.png
Bishop? Who would be here in nomadic Sacaean plains?

26_zpsaqvcfnie.png
Brunja appears this time and we confirm we killed Narcien good.
Roartz and Arcardo ask what's to become of them, much like on the other playthrough with Murdock.
But while Murdock says that these two were incompentent beyond repair...

28_zps1vldhjvc.png
Brunja says otherwise. I can't tell if a lie or the absolute truth.

29_zpsovdjuvb4.png
And so we know our boss. I don't remember if I fought Arcardo or Roartz first on the main run.
Roartz is to station at Bulgar. Similar to the Ilia situation, we won't get to see Roartz for a while as Bulgar is deep inside Sacae.

30_zpsqcd3pvnk.png
Arcardo is still a pathetic whiner.

31_zpsqk9vpsgv.png
"Suck it up."

35_zpsonhtzikz.png
No crap. Bern imprisoned them.

36_zpsfsxtnm5d.png
His speciality is to be a pathetic whiner like Arcardo.

37_zps7agleefc.png38_zpsztmb6hzq.png
Under my tactical genius.

39_zpsz20pg0ay.png
sick burnz
Much like with Murdock, before Brunja leaves, a soldier confirms that the two will likely lose and Brunja's all, "They're cowards and they should be grateful for what troops we gave them." So she was lying before. Good.

40_zpsifzhrlik.png
Hold your horses, Yoder. We don't quite get you yet.
Same conversation from the main playthrough. Roy and Yoder thank each other for the other's help and Yoder asks Roy to report back anything Roy learns about the dragons.
Yoder's caution from last time has changed.

41_zpst3h9j4x1.png42_zpsnxvlfzxt.png43_zpsvwpuzq1y.png44_zpsl0jpnsps.png
I was never that great dealing with FoW ambushes so I'm expecting a couple game overs or resets. Roy isn't turning out as well as the main Roy.

Turn 1 (scrolled east)
45_zpsfr9apgcu.png

So my first planned order of business is getting rid of the ballista with Milady, Lalum, and Astore.
First, Astore uses a Torch.

46_zpso0wtpbs3.png47_zpsn7umrlbn.png49_zpsbj9fbylm.png48_zpso7jwtop4.png
With that, we discover new enemies. Thief must be here to destroy villages.

Lalum plays Milady.
All those enemies are blocking my way towards the ballista. Milady takes out a Mage in direct combat with the Javelin.

50_zpsg16v3tw6.png
Please survive, Milady.

Milady gets hit by a Thunder Mage. She misses once and then crit-kills.
Fire Mage hits Milady. She kills. Yeah, I forgot I was going to barrier her before doing this plan.
Milady dodges the ballista shot.

51_zpsi46vxs4f.png
Good combat stats.

Turn 2
52_zpsz52tz1ip.png

Gonna have to move Astore for the ballista Archer visibility.
By moving Astore further east...

53_zps5atnyulq.png54_zpsg0zrjn9p.png
Hi there.

Milady takes damage from the Elfire Sage and kills.
Lance cuts into an Iron Lance Cavalier with his Iron Sword twice.
Lalum plays Milady.
Saul physics Milady.
Milady switches to the Iron Sword and kills the ballista Archer.
Tate, after sustaining damage, takes out the south Elfire Mage with her Iron Lance.
Zeiss switches Tate to the Javelin and moves south, out of enemy range.
Clarine crit-kills a Cavalier with Fire.

55_zpsv1ztcouh.png
Things are going smoothly. Shin is heading towards the village.

Steel Sword Cavalier goes for Geese. They trade blows.
Axereaver Wyvern Rider manages to hit Milady. Milady shows him who's boss by killing him with a measly Iron Sword.
Tate manages to kill an Elfire Mage despite have 46 hit chances for two hits.
Javelin Cavalier misses Geese.
Short Bow Nomad hits Geese.
Javelin Wyvern Rider scrapes Milady.
Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Milady.
And a third Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Milady.
Bolting Sage in the dark hits Milady. I'm going to have to heal her up.

Turn 3
56_zpsp9xb6oh6.png57_zpsopquuhxk.png

Milady's dangerously low on health. We have ourselves a new enemy coming out of the darkness.

Saul physics Milady. Down to one Physic charge left.

58_zpssveh4xhr.png
More staff range

59_zps7kbnr7ov.png
By moving Astore further east, I find another Thief and the Bolting Sage. This Sage also has Physic. DO NOT WANT.

Showing off the Armory though I'm not planning on buying anything yet.

60_zpsxr1gyar0.png61_zpso0rmlcar.png62_zpsmqkd6c4m.png
Missing is a Short Bow. I'd probably buy the Silvers. I could buy Irons but there's still the Trade Armory I could exploit if I so need to.
Later though. Lalum's got the Silver Card.

Instead, Shin visits the village.

64_zps2cyl38xk.png
Wow! An entirely different woman sprite. Sacae-exclusive?
It's Tina's Staff.

Tate rids ourselves of the Bolting Sage. No more 22 damage to Milady out of you!
Zeiss' throw of the Javelin misses the Wyvern Rider and he gets hit. Darn.
We can start building Milady and Zeiss' support. Milady gets into direct combat with a Wyvern Rider with her Javelin. She dodges and kills.
Geese gets himself on a mountain and digs his Iron Axe into a Nomad.
Clarine roasts herself a Nomad in direct combat.
Rutger crit-kills an Iron Lance Cavalier with his Steel Sword. The power of supports gave him 52 crit so with a Killing Edge...
Roy takes out a Cavalier with the Rapier.
Lance cuts down the weakened Cavalier.
Allen has nearly perfect Iron Axe accuracy against the Iron Lance Cavalier that has 0's across the board. Allen kills him.
Lilina heals Geese.

65_zpsmgbmqgb9.png
I'm going to make sure Lalum is out of range of any enemies. This ends Turn 3.

Axereaver Wyvern Rider goes for Milady and stabs her. Milady kills him off.
Short Bow Nomad misses Rutger.
Steel Lance Wyvern Rider misses Astore.
Steel Lance Wyvern Rider also misses Astore.
Short Bow Nomad Trooper hits Roy.

Turn 4
66_zpsspyews5z.png

I need to hurry to that village.

Milady equips the Iron Sword and kills a Wyvern Rider.
Lalum dances Milady.
Milady equips the Killer Lance, hits once, gets damaged, and then crit-kills the other Wyvern Rider.
Zeiss distracts the Thief by hitting him with an Iron Lance. Thief manages to hit him for 0 damage--but since that's a Poison Sword, Zeiss will take damage on player phase.
Tate moves towards the village. Must save the village!

67_zpsetpebniq.png
I should be able to make it next turn, unless there is something blocking the gate or there is a Thief in the shadows.

68_zps0bbb3vfe.png
Were Nomads/Nomad Troopers never affected by Rapiers?

Shin visits the southwest house.

69_zpsdzp9s85b.png70_zpsfazgalri.png71_zpswb8dlgip.png
I could probably visit that village from this house with Milady in three turns (not counting any help from Lalum).
You really can't walk that far?

Geese sinks his Iron Axe into the Nomad.
Roy takes out the Nomad because I can. He levels up.

72_zpsldqaxr8t.png
Not shown: tremendous Resistance

Lilina heals Roy.
Allen hits once and then crit-kills the Nomad Trooper at 9 crit chance. Nice!

73_zps8sib6zhr.png
May as well have Saul follow Milady's group.

Ballista Archer misses Rutger.
Short Bow Nomad would hit Rutger for 0 damage if Rutger doesn't dodge. Rutger dodges.
Short Bow Nomad Trooper would fare better with Rutger at 3 damage. He misses his shot.
Zeiss and poison damage.

Turn 5
74_zps7s8jzdzk.png

villagevillagevillage

Astore uses another Torch and reveals the Thief units. I can reach the village entrance!
Lalum danes Astore.
Saul heals Milady.
Zeiss kills the weakened Thief and gets massive amounts of experience.
Tate claims dat village!

75_zpsbzhtzbb9.png
I've heard.

76_zpsvhmja2dh.png
Yes, old man. Get yourself to safety!
For warning them, the old man gives us an Eclipse.
Wahoo... I don't recall there being walls I need to knock down other than that one gaiden, and I would rather want to knock those walls down with weapons for weapon experience.
I guess I can sell it for Secret Shop Boots. If I was low-turning this chapter, though, it's not really worth it.

Shin visits the other house.

77_zps6urbrrsu.png
Like hooded shady?
Actually, he's talking about the Thief units--which still counts.

78_zps5q1i06i0.png
Yes, because--if I am remembering right--sometimes Thief units lose the ability to destroy villages in the Fire Emblem games.
Here, I knew that if I didn't see Brigands then it was likely that thieves regained that ability. Thanks for the warning... though by the time I got to your house, they were almost about to destroy that village.

Allen switches to the accurate Iron Sword and kills the Nomad Trooper. If he didn't, only people who could cross the river would have been able to move--that or I had to get rid of the Nomad.
Speaking of the Nomad, Geese crit-kills that guy.
Clarine takes out the Wyvern Rider with two Fire charges.

79_zpsybeja5rh.png
Getting closer to the castle. Astore moves out of range of the ballista to end this turn. Moving Astore also reveals a Wyvern Rider down south.

Ballista Archer misses his shot on Roy.
Zeiss and poison damage.

Turn 6
80_zpsgohldsjt.png

Seems the enemy thieves have given up all hope after the village was saved.

81_zpspo73owue.png82_zpsszn9wyv0.png
Going south with Astore reveals Arcardo and no other enemies. They might come as reinforcements from the forts, though.
I honestly couldn't tell you if Arcardo's stats have changed... or even if he appeared first out of him or Roartz.
He shouldn't be too bad to take down.

Geese crit-kills the Archer, which gets me the close-to-victory theme.
Lalum dances Saul.
Time to build some sibling supports. Zeiss attacks from Milady's side and hits the Thief. Thief's Poison Sword can't penetrate Zeiss' defenses.
Lance attacks the Wyvern Rider with his Iron Sword for sword experience. He gets hit. He attacks back twice.
Allen finishes off the Wyvern Rider for axe experience with a crit-kill. Perhaps I could get Allen to S axes instead of using Geese...

From here, I'll be fast-forwarding until something of interest happens (mainly reinforcements). I'll be moving towards the castle and healing with Lilina unless absolutely necessary from Saul and/or Clarine.

There were reinforcements just on the turn I said I would be skipping! One Cavalier as far as I could see. The others were in darkness.
I think there was three reinforcement units on Turn 6's enemy phase.

83_zpsijpadkiw.png
You need stats other than Strength, Zeiss. Don't be a musclehead.

More reinforcements on Turn 7. Just what are they? Come out of the shadows!
Again on Turn 8. I still don't see them on Turn 9.

84_zpswvap8szs.png
Zeiss pls

Reinforcement on Turn 9.

85_zpstgwq5twl.png86_zpscevqkffo.png
EVERYTHING

Seems the reinforcements stopped on Turn 10.
Also, the reinforcements in the shadows are Cavaliers, as far as I can tell. I guess I'll train Zeiss before I do shopping and Arena stuff.
More reinforcements on Turn 12.

87_zpsldc1nsxi.png
I cry for Speed.

88_zps27uir8tx.png
Also crying for Speed.

Turn 13 has reinforcements. Hey, at least I can train Zeiss and Lilina's staff rank.

89_zpsiuq8nbhb.png
Zeiss no

Turn 14 as well.

90_zps473ncitg.png
They changed it up on me!
Zeiss is one dodgey guy. He dodged BOTH Nomad attacks.
You may have gotten bad level ups but you dodged those attacks like a pro, Zeiss!

91_zpsvzgpkfd7.png
Lilina is slow but she provides awesome chip.

Turn 15 has reinforcements.

92_zpslxjme1ch.png
While missing out on Speed, this is what Geese needs right now.

93_zpsusp9t5dn.png
Dodgetank is very dodgetank

94_zpswsufstug.png
Stop being a meathead, Zeiss!

I am able to do C Milady/Zeiss support. Sweet.

95_zpsjfpg0y06.png96_zpswhwarzmh.png
Took a while.

97_zpsqksbqb7i.png
This is fine.

It's time for some Arena use. There's quite a bit of units that are close to leveling so there's going to be lots of level screenshots shown.

98_zpsizqhocds.png
Yesssssss

99_zpsmvxbmdxx.png
Wish you got Speed too.

100_zpsn1eubwjn.png
Magic's good. Lilina can heal that new HP as well.

101_zpsogqwkfjd.png
Making a name out of yourself, Shin.

102_zpsotpezy4i.png
Finally getting some muscle.

103_zpsogfwu4pr.png
A pretty odd but useful level up.

At the Armory, I buy the following:
- 5 Silver Swords
- 4 Silver Lances
- 2 Silver Axes
- 1 Silver Bow

On Turn 25, Roy seizes the castle.

104_zpsevsm42gz.png
Merlinus goes on to say Arcardo was a pathetic loser with power. I think this is the same as the other route.
Ah. Yes, yes. It is the same. Roy has the Fire Emblem, Guinivere wanted to end the war with diplomacy. Yes, I remember.

So that was the first chapter of the Sacae route. Not a hard chapter. I just need to be wary of the Bolting Sage, the top-right village being destroyed (if I wish to save it), and the reinforcement Nomads for my fliers without Delphi Shield.
Not a bad start for the Sacae route. What other differences will there be?

Infodump:

Yes, Lalum is Douglas' (adopted) daughter. You can find this out in-game when she talks to Douglas on C16, and probably through support conversations too.

Hugh loses 1 to every stat every time you haggle him down. He's alright but not exceptional even when you recruit him, and I personally don't really feel like he's worth the money to even recruit at all (especially since he requires a Guiding Ring, too, and you have precious few of those).

Perceval is just a great solid Paladin in the game (and a monster in HM). Really difficult to recruit normally if you don't already know how, though, the game really doesn't give many hints.

Tate is awesome (my favorite unit in GBAFEs, actually). She comes with solid stats, awesome growths, and is more inclined to grow strength than Shanna, thankfully. She's definitely awesome in Hard Mode, but dear lord her recruitment chapter is a pain in the ass.

Speaking of pains, Sacae is...frustrating to play, compared to Ilia. Good luck have fun!

Sorry for the spoilers about Idoun, didn't realize

Edited by elf_01

Hugh loses 1 to every stat every time you haggle him down. He's alright but not exceptional even when you recruit him, and I personally don't really feel like he's worth the money to even recruit at all (especially since he requires a Guiding Ring, too, and you have precious few of those).

I'm 90% sure you can buy promotion items in the secret shop in the level you recruit him.

Pretty much summarizes both what happened and what this chapter is. I could have used this place for Roy's training but they seem to stop giving adequate experience at a certain point--and this chapter added more of my favorite chapter requisite (I really don't like Seize that much).

[spoiler=Alternate 5 - *This involves a lot of promoted Units*]

So you guys remember Hugh and how I spent 10K Gold on him and I didn't use him?

chap%2016%201_zpseiyilxmn.png

I want a file where I get everyone that I come across on my path so...

NO

chap%2016%202_zpsvlygro9c.png

You tell him, Roy! A Mage that doesn't come with a Guiding Ring AND doesn't have amazing growths isn't worth my money.

I could pay for two Boots for that price (with Silver Card)!

chap%2016%2014_zpsxkwhq1xm.png

FINE. I did say I wanted an "all units recruited" run. And he is begging so I do say yes to this offer.

That's all this game contains entirely.
Why even buy him for 5k? Steal the card and kill him is what half of us always do!

[spoiler=Alternate 6 - *Dodging Shots in the Dark*]

23_zps3nqddhkq.png

I'm finding myself using the Trade Armory more, probably because I have more units this playthrough. After getting the Silver Card, it's not a bad place for when I need more base weapons, I guess.

I mean, that is my thing. Use Iron weapons until I get to the highest rank--unless it's Milady, because it's Milady <3

76_zpsvhmja2dh.png

Yes, old man. Get yourself to safety!

For warning them, the old man gives us an Eclipse.

Wahoo... I don't recall there being walls I need to knock down other than that one gaiden, and I would rather want to knock those walls down with weapons for weapon experience.

I guess I can sell it for Secret Shop Boots. If I was low-turning this chapter, though, it's not really worth it.

Iron weapon gain weapon rank slower than Steel and Devil ones do. Magic is all the same no matter what tome that you use.
...And to get your 2k back that thief Hugh ripped off of you.

That's all this game contains entirely.

Why even buy him for 5k? Steal the card and kill him is what half of us always do!

Iron weapon gain weapon rank slower than Steel and Devil ones do. Magic is all the same no matter what tome that you use.

Actually,

All weapons give the same amount of WEXP in this game. The only different one is maybe staves, you'd have to look it up on the website. It seems faster because you kill more things when using higher tier weaponry.

I'm 90% sure you can buy promotion items in the secret shop in the level you recruit him.

This is true. However, this also raises his character investment even further (10k recruitment + 5k guiding ring) if you want to use him. I'm not saying that it can't be done, just that I'd normally prefer to spend that 15k on boots/stat boosters instead

Huh, I didn't even reply to the actual update!

IS avoided giving ballistae to Nomad Troopers so that Snipers have ONE advantage over Nomad Troopers. If they gave that to NT's as well then Snipers might as well not exist.

Sacae gets harder as you proceed through it. It's definitely harder than Ilia. All the way up to the gaiden! Then after that it's THAT chapter. Oh yeah...

[spoiler=The info you already knew]

Chapter 20 is the gaiden.

I dunno about Tate's strength but she's def better than Shanna and her strength especially so. Especially on HM she's really good.

Infodump:

Yes, Lalum is Douglas' (adopted) daughter. You can find this out in-game when she talks to Douglas on C16, and probably through support conversations too.

Perceval is just a great solid Paladin in the game (and a monster in HM). Really difficult to recruit normally if you don't already know how, though, the game really doesn't give many hints.

Tate is awesome (my favorite unit in GBAFEs, actually). She comes with solid stats, awesome growths, and is more inclined to grow strength than Shanna, thankfully. She's definitely awesome in Hard Mode, but dear lord her recruitment chapter is a pain in the ass.

Speaking of pains, Sacae is...frustrating to play, compared to Ilia. Good luck have fun!

Sorry for the spoilers about Idoun, didn't realize

Ah. I see. Still never would have guessed that. Yeah, I didn't bother having her talk to Douglas because she was put on the other team.

I got that feeling with Hugh. If he came with a Guiding Ring and not an Elixir, maybe it would have been different. Maybe.

Perceval must protect his planet.

Tate as a unit is starting to grow on me. Of course, the Sacae chapters aren't doing her justice and it shows really badly in Chapter 18. When the reinforcements came, she ended up camping up north with Zeiss. At least she fared better compared to him...

Chapter 18 thought it could be sneaky with me. It almost succeeded. But I agree about Sacae so far. I think my future playthroughs will be Lalum/Ilia.

No worries. We've done pretty well keeping me in the dark!

Not much to say other than: hey there, new poster!

No worries. I just wanted a file where all characters I could get were recruited. In future ones, I'd probably end up not recruiting Cath at the very least; Hugh, I don't hate him, but he is costly no matter how I think it.

I would go Steel but I thought I heard weapon EXP was the same value across all weapons in FE6. And Steels kind of suck in this one as well...

Also remember the chest in the same chapter recruiting Hugh that gives you 5K Gold. I got a net value of zero just from that chest!

IS avoided giving ballistae to Nomad Troopers so that Snipers have ONE advantage over Nomad Troopers. If they gave that to NT's as well then Snipers might as well not exist.

Sacae gets harder as you proceed through it. It's definitely harder than Ilia. All the way up to the gaiden! Then after that it's THAT chapter. Oh yeah...

[spoiler=The info you already knew]

Chapter 20 is the gaiden.

I dunno about Tate's strength but she's def better than Shanna and her strength especially so. Especially on HM she's really good.

But it still shoots down my ship! Shin would be best ballista shooter! Heck, bring Dismount back. I'll have Shin be a temporary Sniper just so he can use ballistae.

Yep. I'm getting that difficulty so far...

I guess Shanna has her perks; but, yeah, I think my future playthroughs will be Tate. I would use Shanna a little just to get Ilia again.

We cross the border into Sacae.

[spoiler=Alternate 7 - *Djute Forts*]

2_zpsqdyfj3kz.png3_zpscyeducie.png

I'm getting warned again about the Djute clan. For what purpose did the Djute clan join Bern, who was not likely to spare them in the end anyways?

4_zpst4cia07o.png

RATH'S DAD

Holy shit he... looks pretty good for his age.

I mean, Hector looked old compared to this man.

Eliwood was in pretty poor shape as well.

When DID Dayan have Rath?!

5_zpstnt1thye.png

Let me guess: I'm going to have to bring Sue to recruit him?

6_zpscsu7exun.png

Sounds about right.

7_zpsknngz4tk.png

This guy looks worse than Eliwood. Hey man, seems you need some sleep.

8_zpsieysglzv.png

I think I can see a problem with this map. See if you can spot it.

It's not the Vendor and Armory right near by.

9_zpsyhcwyi3z.png

It's not the dense amount of houses I need to visit.

10_zps3estafrf.png

It's this.

That is a lot of mounted bow-users

Alright. Big expansive plains area. Mounted bow-users. Recall how I said that Sacae, home of mounted Nomads, should have maps that support horse-mounted units.

That's fine--but!

Tate and Zeiss (who are not going to have the Delphi Shield) will be flying targets with these guys around. There are no mountains or huge bodies of water for them to camp at, except along the top which is not conducive to seizing.

I know for a fact that Nomad Troopers in FE7 had the ability to cross river terrain. It costed a lot of movement but they were able to. If all goes wrong, they can cross the river and snipe at me even as I turtle on the land I start at.

Zeiss won't stand a chance with a Nomad Trooper. He could barely survive the Nomads from last chapter if he got hit by them.

There are no visible forts, which makes me afraid that any reinforcements are either going to come from the east side or from the houses.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the houses. THERE ARE A LOT OF HOUSES.

11_zpshjtivy1k.png12_zpskmorn7pu.png13_zpsrst9n9xm.png14_zps3zaibaff.png

15_zps6imlonl5.png16_zpsfs5e1biz.png17_zpste3nfvxz.png

Out of these enemies, I wouldn't have expected the Shamans. Are they from Bern or is the Djute clan also known for Shamans? The solitary Druid has Eclipse and Physic.

There are Vulneraries and Elixirs amongst the troops. I don't feel any need to steal them.

The boss is easy to guess what class he is.

18_zpsfob8byvd.png19_zpsk1avekoa.png

Many a pun or clever joke could be made of his name and this situation. I will not indulge myself in it.

Because his class locks him into one- or two-range, Intelligent Systems had to make this sleepy-looking man scary, so they gave him TWO Brave weapons, both of which--having the same weight--lower his Speed down to 16 and are fairly accurate.

For reasons that should be very obvious, 12 Speed Geese and 8 Speed Zeiss should not approach this man, like, AT ALL.

Thankfully because he's a Nomad Trooper, I know exactly his weakness: he can't switch weapons during my phase. He's auto-equipped with the Brave Bow. That could mean an auto-win for me.

This actually reminds me of the one boss in FE9 in the chapter with all the priests and which you can get the Ashera Staff. He has two Killer Weapons--but they're an axe and a bow. He's very easy to cheese. Sometimes when I feel like it I steal that guy's Killer Axe so he's made even more incompetent.

Unfortunately cannot employ that strategy to this guy.

20_zpsipwzeh7r.png

Astore is missing from this list. I'll be doing a bit of selling to clear up space.

Why is Sue there? I have a feeling she is needed here.

I don't know. Blame FE6's need to tell me character-recruiting information AFTER starting the chapter.

21_zpsrfic7ztf.png

Setting up for incoming horses. Allen is the west Paladin.

Engaging the enemy in three... two...

22_zpsttcec21w.png

Going to be pelted by arrows.

25_zpsyfmfatlk.png

YOU will the rue the day. I have Milady with Delphi Shield!

26_zpsr4tymrmw.png28_zpsq0d6g3md.png29_zps8z04q0gn.png

They're in cahoots to take me down because of Etruria?

I must not be remembering something. Why would being ruled by Bern be better than Etruria? It was established that Bern invaded Sacae.

Unless this is the equivalent to the logic displayed in the chapter with Sigune. Of which I still don't understand.

31_zpshuxlnqne.png

BLATANT LIES

32_zpsxcp5gwdd.png

I will figure it out in this map. Don't you worry.

33_zpsz0izanxn.png

Then what happened with Bern?!

34_zpsvsuadhie.png

The title of this chapter makes sense.

Now that I think about it, I don't understand why the last one was called "The Bishop's Teachings." Because of Yoder? But Yoder only appeared for like five seconds.

35_zpsafcuuohx.png

WHY DIDN'T YOU FIGHT AGAINST BERN?

THEY WERE INVADING TOO.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

36_zpsc5e9hgny.png

Still not computing!

37_zpswevo6bsy.png38_zpszu12acul.png

For good reason, might I add!

39_zpsmmv32cvy.png40_zpskxe4hakr.png41_zpsyvrgz9tl.png42_zpskwwexh2k.png

But you just said clans should stick together to defeat invaders!

ACK

43_zpsar4vbip8.png

dual.exe cannot be found

When we go to Roy's army, it's the conversation about Zephiel killing his dad and all that jazz, I'm skipping.

Turn 1 enemy positions

44_zpsy46fhgrk.png

There's a Nomad Trooper south that I can draw out by putting someone in one of the south forests.

Visiting the shops with Sue...

45_zps3pb9oyji.png46_zpsmgounugi.png

Physics are back, baby!

Buying five of those, two Heals, and a Restore.

47_zpsqexcpuaj.png

COMMENCE SLAUGHTER

48_zpsq921cx87.png

SIBLING POWER

She dodges another Myrmidon before killing him.

49_zpskttiaopi.png

A support Rutger + forest + dodgetank stats

Wow. WOW. Just trivialize him, Clarine. She hits and then crit-kills.

50_zps19m3innx.png

No please, Nomad Trooper.

She hits him twice.

Turn 2

51_zpsghha1no8.png

See? I need to get rid of Nomad Troopers before they cross the river.

At the Armory...

52_zps6kjjh3ci.png53_zps2ij21l2x.png

Missing are Steel Bows.

I'm thinking of getting one Killing Edge, one Killer Lance, a couple Javelins, and two Hand Axes. I haven't been using the Killers much.

Roy softens up a Nomad.

Milady rescues Roy.

Zeiss takes the kill.

Lalum dances Zeiss.

Lance drops Roy.

Zeiss rescues Lalum.

Saul and Allen take and drop Lalum.

Clarine kills the Nomad Trooper without difficulties. She levels up.

54_zpswnzc1eyx.png

Praise! She got Magic!

55_zps4xkugpz8.png

There's quite a bit of Nomads and Nomad Troopers. I might turtle not because they're hard but because I want units like Zeiss to level.

So this might be some early skipping.

Armorslayer Myrmidon TWANGS off Milady's steel skin. She descends upon him and he dies.

Lancereaver Myrmidon misses Milady. It takes two hits from Milady's Javelin to fell him.

56_zpsrdz9hqwc.png

I was dumb and didn't realize he was in range of Zeiss.

But look at Zeiss' rock-hard defenses. As long as that Nomad didn't crit, Zeiss is fine to tank two hits.

Short Bow Nomad misses Milady. Mialdy hits once.

Short Bow Nomad Tropoer misses Milady. Milady misses and can't double attack.

I laugh at the 1 hit chance Short Bow Nomad Trooper trying to get at Clarine. Clarine hits him twice.

Turn 3

57_zpsjrzjel8k.png

Yeah. I think not much else but turtling and distributing EXP around will be happening here. So...

SKIP TIME

58_zpsgxy43llo.png

Micaiah, pleeeeease

59_zps7nz9vq9g.png

MICAIAH NO

THAT SHOULD BE FOR OTHER PEOPLE

60_zpsllfuwykn.png

Instead of going for Shin, who is equipped with a bow and has less dodging stats, he goes for Clarine with a less accurate weapon

SMART

61_zpsw2qs5y0e.png

I think Clarine will be leveling quite a bit. It's not even like I wanted her to.

62_zpsmrmngcs2.png

Capped Strength!

Her HP is less than her main counterpart but she's doing a bit better in Speed at this rate.

63_zpszimiav3c.png

The last thing she says is, "Such is the law of Sacae." Yes, I know this...

I still don't have good feelings about these houses.

64_zpszg9ns1ld.png

Another one that ends with, "Such is the law of Sacae." ...

I REALLY don't like the sounds of this.

65_zpsr5alxwnt.png

The end of Turn 5. I have an inkling of suspicion reinforcements should be coming soon.

66_zpsonqgeqdx.png

Druid moves.

SHOULD TRY THAT ON ZEISS. YOU MIGHT BE MORE SUCCESSFUL.

Turn 6

67_zpsgdlmlgos.png

There is a lot of plains. I SERIOUSLY THINK THERE WILL BE REINFORCEMENTS SOON.

DON'T MAKE A FOOL OUT OF ME, GAME.

Tate goes to her Iron Lance and softens up the Wyvern Rider without taking damage.

Zeiss kills the Wyvern Rider.

68_zpser3fuut5.png

FINALLY

69_zpsgufx2qjp.png

THERE'S NO VISIT COMMAND

AHA

I CAUGHT YOU RIGHT IN THE ACT

70_zpsd8mdz1hl.png

"Such is the law of Sacae." Are these people brainwashed? What is even going on here?

71_zps8ijxjxgm.png

BLOCKING THESE OFF RIGHT NOW DON'T MIND ME

72_zpseojiopmf.png

CALLED IT. SO CALLED IT.

Turn 6 enemy phase! I WILL MURDER YOU ALL.

73_zps3qt1gk5m.png

Meh level.

Rutger actually missed the first 95 hit attack. What even...

74_zpsj19cenrh.png75_zps1xiqhuyz.png

Right now, you're helpless to Allen's Iron Sword attacks to your face.

Allen hits twice.

76_zpslgsgasi3.png

If anyone dies on me...

Ending Turn 7.

77_zpsbgpkjsu7.png

TWO MORE TURNS. I NEED TWO MORE TURNS.

78_zpsvehmssgs.png

SON OF A--

LET ME END YOU

79_zpszpojkdd5.png

Ha. That's cute.

80_zpsbd9c9aaa.png81_zpsdpxtxkpj.png

GO AWAY

Shin's heart beats with fury--but both men keep missing each other.

82_zpsdfziukh6.png

What's that Resistance going to do for you, Geese?

83_zps18v40g3c.png

Durandal for more accuracy

GO AWAY

84_zpsm1xdxlim.png85_zpstqrswq0k.png

Down goes Monke!

86_zpsfeug3zvq.png

PLEASE NO ONE DIE

Turn 9...

87_zps7xiw02mg.png

Nomad reinforcements. I can handle Nomad reinforcements.

One shoots at Lilina and she hits back.

Looks like the Nomads don't like Roy at their base. One misses him.

Another shoots at Milady for some reason. He misses.

I actually don't understand. They are going for Milady despite not having any real damage to her. The last one hits her with a TWANG!.

Turn 10

88_zps61zmlyat.png

Before I claim the base...

Lance drops Rutger in range of Lilina.

Clarine heals Lilina.

Lilina heals Rutger.

Geese kills the Nomad.

Allen ends a Nomad with his Iron Axe.

Shin takes out a Nomad with his Iron Sword. Shin's now on C swords.

And Milady fells a Nomad with her Iron Sword.

89_zpsfwwvftyt.png

"Such is the law of Sacae." I almost missed this guy but he seems the more... normal of the houses I can visit.

In half the turns I do most maps in the main run, Roy seizes the base.

90_zpsqppmni9z.png

Hey. Usually the game has an actual background image and not just showing the battlefield map. What's going on here?

91_zpsfs0lrco9.png92_zpsnyt2nhpc.png

I suppose so, yes. But don't forget that not all of Sacae is our enemy.

93_zpszqnwvugf.png

But no, seriously. This is really jarring. Where is my background image?

94_zpsihnizjlm.png95_zpsh9cioxkw.png

Good. I want to hear what they have to say.

And then it's back to Roy and Guinivere talking about her brother. Like in Ilia, some juicy details were about to explored when...

96_zpsur8q7smq.png

FUCKING MERLINUS

97_zps8u3uxgcs.png

ANYTIME YOU APPEAR IS A BAD TIME

FUCK OFF, OLD MAN

So where were they planning to attack?

98_zpsyxlfven5.png

Hey. It just so happens Roartz is there. I want to go "visit" him proper, with sword in hand placed cold against his neck.

After Roy ponders why the old king wanted to murder Zephiel, we leave for Bulgar.

That was a dirty trick, Sacae Chapter 18. I was right about those houses--er, "houses."

Our next stop seems to be in Bulgar.

Edited by Dual Dragons

This is true. However, this also raises his character investment even further (10k recruitment + 5k guiding ring) if you want to use him. I'm not saying that it can't be done, just that I'd normally prefer to spend that 15k on boots/stat boosters instead

Yes.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS.
Promo Items...too. Mainly the utmost contested item, Guiding Ring.
Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Time we liberated Bern-occupied Bulgar. Do we save Dayan as well?

[spoiler=Alternate 8 - *Open the Door!*]
2_zpske7eaual.png3_zpspzdvftih.png4_zpsx5a2acjx.png
This city has a mixture of different cultures? I would have thought that the Sacaean nomads were exclusive, but huh. That's interesting.
Roartz is supposed to be here. Cowards will get put to the sword.
Roy enters Bulgar for its liberation and learning more about the situation.

7_zpsjndhl7v0.png
I kind of regret going into Sacae with how the composition of my team is.
There's some breakable walls on the sides of the camp but there's also a door in the middle.
Entering the enemy base requires a Door Key or Unlock, I think. It could be like Chapter 22 again and that I need to find switches or something.
And of course, a lot of mounted bow-users.

9_zpsroljfcx5.png10_zpszkf2i1gc.png
The small red-roofed houses are villages.
There's one Armory and one Vendor on different sides of the map.
Since there is a such a high density of houses here, can I assume that they are acting as forts? If they are, I guess Tate and Zeiss should stay put and fight outside the enemy camp.
I also don't like how the river extends far north out of the boundaries of the map. It makes me think there could be Wyvern reinforcements that will be coming from that area.

The enemy composition of this map:

11_zpstwemus9f.png12_zpsttyyembr.png13_zps2atowyjk.png

14_zpsjjpnolm0.png15_zpsgy2qpfht.png16_zpstx7sae52.png

17_zps89lcilie.png18_zpse4eyjjhr.png19_zpsz2tbfruc.png
A lot of enemy classes. The only one missing their promoted counterpart are the Archers.
The Sages have status staves (Silence and Sleep). I'll get rid of them somehow.

As for the boss--

20_zps5gcbxwxx.png21_zpsrllpuxxc.png
Wow that sprite
He's looking a little worse for wear.
Kel is a Swordmaster on a gate. I hate this already. 77 Avoid.
He's got the crappy Light Brand but 77 AVOID?! Really?! And that's 23 pure Speed! Not even Rutger or Shin (who have the highest Speed at 25) are going to double that!
If I want to get this map done in a reasonable manner, I'm going to have to try for some crits and accuracy-raising supports because JEEZ.

22_zpscbabf4js.png
Merlinus is missing from the screenshot.
I think I'll bring Sue if I see Dayan.

23_zpswaygnart.png
Lilina can actually wield the Unlock staff at D rank so I have her and Lalum holding a Door Key depending on who can get to the door first. With Lalum, that might be trading the key off to someone and dancing them. I'll try for Lilina to get more EXP and staff EXP.
There are four Nomads in the area I start from so they will need to go first.
West Paladin is Lance.

Let's get to liberating Bulgar from Bern's cluthes!

24_zpseq2abjpb.png
Succinct.

26_zpsfiiykjjh.png
Roartz: "Shouldn't it have taken Dual 20+ turns to complete Chapter 18?! AGHHHHHH!!!! This can't beeeee!"

28_zps2ilz0y8u.png
Your face looks so sunken in, I thought you a skeleton that could crumple to the floor any minute.
Kel will take the offense outside. We don't get to fight Roartz right away.

29_zpsjj2nzrak.png
If he did, I game over and have to restart the mission until I do win so... no. You will not succeed even when you do. Ha ha ha!
Kel's unsure but says he'll try.

31_zpsdewskmav.png32_zps21gf3eof.png
Oh man. Kel knows what's up with Roartz. Roartz doesn't even have words to retort.

34_zpskpomauid.png
I don't even know why she would waste that effort. Kel is a good throne/castle boss--but he shouldn't be doing that just to protect this coward.
Kel warns Roartz that he may need to take up arms eventually and Roartz goes to fortify the inside.

36_zpsxkhy16ad.png
Tell me about it.

38_zpsdakz2hlg.png
I hate obligations like this.

39_zpsmutrew5a.png
Are you serious right now?
If I do have to bring Sue for Dayan, then I am allowed to reset. CURSE YOU, FE6.

Roy and Guinivere continue their talk about Zephiel's heritage before battle has to start. They will continue their conversation later.

Turn 1
40_zps4rgpimba.png

I've got some Nomads to take out.

Lance weakens the northwest Nomad with his Iron Sword cuts.
Milady tosses one of her Javelins at the other Nomad, killing him in one blow.
This is so Zeiss and Milady end up adjacent to each other. Zeiss kills the first Nomad.
Tate and her Iron Lance kill off the southeast Nomad.
Allen digs his Iron Axe into the other Nomad two times, felling the foe. This also nets him B axes.
Shin takes up his Iron Bow and starts crossing the river.
Lalum dances Shin.
Astore and Roy rescue-drop Lalum out of enemy range and closer towards the bridge.

41_zpshbjkwlym.png
Clarine and Rutger will move closer to the bridge, ending Turn 1.

Wyverns are on the move!
Short Bow Nomad sticks a bolt into Geese. Geese twirls his Hand Axe into a crit-kill.
The other Nomads pick up Shin's scent and go for him. The first one misses him. Shin shows who's the superior Nomad (Trooper) as the Nomad and his horse disappear into the ether.
The second actually manages to hit Shin with a 39 hit chance. Shin still makes short work of him.

43_zpsvhdncs8k.png
Niime and Dayan watch the battle from a house.

44_zpscbe8oyqd.png
We're here to liberate, not to invade!

45_zpsaty6chcj.png
Niime, all I want is your cooperation! You're Badass Old Woman!

And she leaves. Where's she going?

46_zpsqagigamg.png
Don't look at Roy. He's kind of bad in his stats right now.
Go look at Shin and Milady all you want, though. Even Allen.
Niime and Dayan leave. The man left behind is so lonely.

Turn 2
48_zpsgq31xeev.png

Oh boy.
In each of the Wyvern groups, there's a Wyvern Rider with a Killer Lance, one with an Axereaver, and the Wyvern Lord with the Silver Lance. There's two additional Wyvern Riders but they're not as worrisome.

Shin builds up his sword EXP and gains chip EXP cutting twice into the Nomad Trooper.
Lilina heals Shin and levels up.

49_zpsarcoduvi.png
D-Defense?! HP and Defense?!

Rutger takes the Nomad Trooper kill for a level.

50_zpsqdqofc0m.png
If he could accrue one more Speed point before the boss, he could double with the Killing Edge.

Lalum dances Lilina.
Lilina heals Rutger's new HP.

51_zpstvpzqvs3.png
Geese and Saul are hiding under the mini-map. Merlinus moves to end this turn.

Axereaver Wyvern Rider misses Allen. Allen flips the bird to WTD and slaughters the Wyvern Rider.
Killer Lance Wyvern Rider misses. Allen laughs as his axe is soaked with more Wyvern blood.
A similar fate happens to the Steel Lance Wyvern Rider. Allen's just on a roll.
Axereaver Wyvern Rider takes a lesson from flipping the bird at WTD and hits Milady(!). Milady ends him soon with her Iron Sword. Her sword rank increases to C.
Killer Lance Wyvern Rider misses Milady at 56 hit chance. She has 100 hit chance and kills him.

52_zps0wmdjlno.png
I originally wrote the text saying she wouldn't be able to finish this guy.
Hot damn, woman!

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord can't quite hit Allen. Allen hits once and....

54_zps7cpzpfsc.png
TOTAL DOMINATION

Milady dodges a 52 hit chance with the Silver Lance Wyvern Lord. She cuts into him twice.
Javelin Wyvern Rider tries to hit Allen. Poor sap.
Javelin Wyvern Rider hits Milady. So I dodge all the 50's but not the 30's? What a strange world this is.

Turn 3
55_zpskcj8fesq.png

I love raising weapon EXP despite WTD.
The Wyvern Lord is the biggest threat and I should determine my strategy around if he dies or not.

Lance goes at the Wyvern Lord a-twirling Gant's Lance. Lance tanks a hit and kills on retalation. Good so far...

56_zpstn7aqqwu.png
Get some more muscle, would you?

So I wanted Milady to weaken the Javelin Wyvern Rider for a Zeiss kill.

57_zpskdbmcbil.png
Zeiss: SIS WHY щ(゜ロ゜щ)
Milady: (¬‿¬)
Zeiss cannot catch a break. Roy took his stats in the main run and his sister is taking the kills here.

Allen cuts into the Wyvern Rider with the Iron Sword. He also gets a chip level for this.

58_zpsank5jryo.png
When you cap Strength and Speed, you'll be golden, my man.

Tate finishes off the Wyvern Rider and levels up herself.

59_zps35vjklsa.png
Good!

Lalum plays Roy.

60_zpshn5sg95h.png
Hopefully the Sages don't move...

Sages move!
One tries to silence Lilina and misses.
One puts Rutger to sleep. Darn.

Turn 4
61_zpsqoxed4hp.png

It would have made my life so much easier if Lilina had Bolting or she had C staves right now.
In fact...

Merlinus takes out the Silence staff and trades it to Saul for Saul's Sleep.

63_zpsvasuwbh2.png
No more words out of you, Sleep Sage.
I'm going to leave the Silence Sage alone though he has Physic.

64_zpsvo8oym6d.png
What?

65_zpsywk06ev6.png
But... but it says door!
Despite it saying this terrain is door, the game is telling me I have to break the walls to get in?
Why do you play with my emotions like this?

Crap. That Sage is silenced and I should hurry before it wears off. Thanks!

Lalum plays Milady because my plan got ruined. (She was originally going to enter the complex and kill the Archer. Enemy phase, she would have killed the Myrmidons.)
Lilina heals Milady.
Clarine restores Rutger.
Shin rescues Roy.

67_zpsvyefphxe.png
Astore will go west.

Aircalibur Mage misses Allen. Allen kills a Mage over the wall.
Silence Sage fails to hush Saul's flirts.

Turn 5
68_zps4ryxhtlx.png

These are 100 HP walls. I'll be skipping to when they crumble or something of import happens.

69_zpsvneagocp.png
Turn 6, both walls are down. After moving a couple units forward, this turn ends.

Lance takes out an Steel Bow Archer from across the wall.
Elfire Mage misses Lance. Lance fails to kill the Mage but does hit once.

Turn 7
70_zpsbrkluuu0.png

Time to break our way through their defenses. Clarine already moved after Saul got silenced a couple turns back.

Lance kills the Lancereaver Myrmidon while sustaining minor damage.
Geese smashes the Aircalibur Mage's skull in with his Steel Axe.
Milady dodges the Elfire Sage's attack and kills him with Javelin throws. That's a level for her.

71_zpsx3jk4jwf.png
Nice dodgetank procs!

Since Zeiss would be just out of range to support his sister, he visits the village instead.

72_zpszhyiyyuf.png73_zpsvbxzk62o.png
Sounds about right. They think they own the place.
Rather than be afraid of what the man gives him, Zeiss nabs us a Wyrmslayer. Thanks!

Lilina heals Lance.
Lalum dances Astore.
Roy attacks the Lancereaver Myrmidon for chip EXP. They trade blows.
After some roasting from the Elfire Mage, Tate kills him.
Shin guts the Myrmidon with his sword.
I'm not going to buy anything just yet but I will check out what's at the Vendor.

74_zpspxc78wqh.png75_zpszqtajvhx.png
I'm thinking of buying a few Fires and one or two bottles of Pure Water once I get my person with the Silver Card over there.

77_zps30lm4xsw.png
Allen will probably be breaking his Hand Axe this enemy phase.
Rutger moves to end Turn 7.

79_zpszas76zn6.png
Blarg!
With this information, I'm going to guess they're coming from the south, much like in the chapter that you recruit Jerrot and co.

Steel Sword Myrmidon dies to Milady's graceful plunges of the Javelin. She might break her Javelin as well. Whose's going to break first? Contest time! Javelin had about 10 uses and Hand Axe five. Javelin -2
Steel Sword Swordmaster cuts into Milady's flesh. She kills him off. -2
Longbow Archer couldn't even damage Allen if he hit.
Same deal with the next Longbow Archer.
Steel Bow Archer misses Milady and dies. -2. Never mind! Javelin had six uses, apparently! Those who bet on Javelin, cash out!
Milady takes damage from a Steel Bow Archer.
Short Bow Nomad misses Allen and dodges one of Allen's attacks. Nooooo.
Short Bow Nomad fails to hit Milady for 0 damage.

Turn 8
80_zpsy18u6pai.png

The enemy density is real.

Lance kills off the Elfire Mage before he gives any funny looks to my units.
Milady says, "Excuse me," while she has her sights on the still-silenced Sleep Sage. She denies him the right to live.

82_zpsvditw8eh.png83_zpswdsc3em3.png84_zpsjdwuxwjl.png
I think I'm actually be good on equipment, sans Irons. I might even be good on Irons.
I don't buy anything right now.

Lalum dances Merlinus because she felt like it.

85_zps30pz05ug.png
All these crits!

The Swordmaster near Tate has a Killing Edge. DO NOT WANT. Shin has to take out his Steel Bow and kill the Swordmaster. He levels up.

86_zpsru3jaoqy.png
The heart beats stronger and faster than ever!

Allen downs a Longbow Archer from over the wall.
Roy visits the village. I want Clarine to catch up.

87_zpswtnq3e1a.png
Thanks! Shin's Longbow was starting to break.
He gives us a Longbow to help us drive Bern out.

88_zps6lg68iww.png
Hurry up, Saul and Clarine!

89_zpsnpbuxzis.png
Wyvern and Nomad reinforcements.
Hurry, you two! Hurry!

Short Bow Nomad gives for Allen but misses. Allen cleans up that leftover mess.
Longbow Archer misses Allen.
Steel Bow Archer misses Lance. Lance doesn't quite kill the Archer despite hitting twice.
Short Bow Nomad doesn't hit Milady. If they are targeting Milady because of her low HP, might need to do a dodge counter.
Milady Nomad TWANG: 1
Milady Nomad dodge: 1
Milady Nomad TWANG: 2
Steel Sword Nomad Trooper hits Lance. Lance manages to hit once at 49 hit chance. He had the Hand Axe equipped.
Steel Sword Nomad Trooper can't help attack Milady up close because of the Nomads surrounding her. He misses. There's a glint in her eye as she slays him.
Steel Sword Nomad Trooper misses Lance. Lance hits once.

90_zpshspfauus.png
Lance brushes up his stats. MY BOY--and the Hand Axe breaks. Ha!

Turn 9
91_zpsswo907nd.png

About those Wyvern Riders that are coming up to Clarine: they all wield Steel Lances, their hit chance being between 72-75. Clarine has 73 Avoid. She could wreck them so badly unless by some sheer dumb luck they manage to hit 2's.
Another option is to have Roy destroy them with the Wyrmslayer. He's Level 16 and the chapter he should be promoting will be coming up soon. I could just ram him levels on the chapter he will be promoting but I hate to feel rushed like that.
The Nomad reinforcements all have Short Bows. Nothing too spectacular to note.

Lilina chips a Nomad Trooper with Fire.
Geese and the Nomad Trooper miss. Crap!

I had plans to kill off the Nomad Trooper with Geese, kill the other one with Lance, and then feed the Archer to Zeiss while protecting him with Milady. Time to improvise slightly.

Lance prevents the Nomad Trooper from healing by giving death by Iron Sword.
Shin takes out a Nomad with his Iron Sword.
Tate has her amazing flying abilities to go over the wall. She rains death on the Longbow Archer.
Milady swoops around and kills a particular Nomad, blocking one Nomad from hitting anyone on the west side.
Lalum dances Saul.
Allen starts breaking down a wall.
Roy and Allen support for dat Fire/Fire C.

92_zpskaqzekrx.png
Ending Turn 9 without moving Rutger. I would have had Roy stay back for the Wyvern Riders but I decided that it's best that I don't do that until I know the reinforcement pattern of this map.

Steel Bow Archer misses Milady.
Short Bow Nomad produces a TWANG off of Milady.
Short Bow Nomad misses Milady.
Short Bow Nomad Trooper crits Milady for all of 6 damage. GET OUT.

Turn 10
94_zpscwnlsf8b.png

Being cautious on racking a kill count for Roy.

Milady kills the Nomad Trooper.
I specifically placed her west so Zeiss gains support bonuses. He misses and gets hit from the Archer. Zeiss, no!
Shin kills a Nomad.
Lance and Geese rescue-drop Zeiss out of combat.
Lilina heals Zeiss.
Saul heals Lilina.
Clarine heals Roy.
Tate and Rutger continue to attack the wall.

95_zpsoramyzxw.png
Roy's on a house for extra Avoid. Merlinus moves to end the turn.

Two more Wyvern Rider reinforcements. More Roy feeding?
Steel Bow Archer misses Milady.
Steel Lance Wyvern Rider misses Roy. Roy stabs twice into the enemy for death. Thank you, x3 effectiveness!
Roy dodges the second Wyvern Rider's attack. Roy kills for a level.

96_zpsbwpxajrq.png
You're in desperate need of Strength. Good.

Nomad TWANGS off of Milady.

Turn 11
97_zpsd3jpnuox.png

Lalum's still running from Nomads.

Roy takes out a Wyvern Rider with little difficulties.
Tate takes down a wall.
Zeiss FINALLY takes out that Archer he's been having troubles with.
Lalum dances Lance.
Shin kills the last Nomad in the complex.
Lilina heals Milady.
Geese visits the village.

98_zpsuplwgj7b.png
There was a Guiding Ring in Ilia route... Is this the Guiding Ring for Sacae?
This woman had to close shop after the war erupted. She claims no one would buy it so we should take it off her hands; however, if it is what I think it is...
The ring is an Energy Ring. I still would have paid for it--unless it was for free. Which it is here. So thanks!

Lance and Saul rescue-drop Lalum.
I decide that I don't want any shopping at the Armory so Astore (who has the Silver Card) will go to the other side for shopping.

100_zpsi3zesnht.png
Merlinus will move with the rest of the group.

Roy continues to eat Wyvern Riders without damage.

Turn 12
101_zpspahnxkcz.png

I'll be skipping here for village items and boss.
In the southern village Shin enters...

103_zps73wpmgfo.png104_zpsqapmvfjn.png
Were you the guy that conned the old man in the Ilia route?
Much like the woman, he can't do business with the war around. He just gives it to us. He says it won't bring us luck. Suuuuure.

In the last village...

106_zpsfcp3wo4h.png
He wanted to sell whatever he found. Clarine pops out of nowhere. Clarine I guess asks if he stole what he found and he leaves saying he didn't, dropping the Wo Dao.
That's... actually quite a find. I don't know WHERE he would find that just lying around--but sure. Since Karel also has a Wo Dao, does that mean Sacae route gives three Wo Daos in a playthrough? I don't remember Ilia having one.

108_zpsbmo3j5ub.png
Now you open the gate? They've already breached the walls.
Door's open.

109_zpsut2dzamn.png
Need more of these level ups, Zeiss.

110_zps1sdcpm1w.png
You are kind of bad in crit-dodging.

111_zpsrnlmefro.png
Well!
Two more Nomad reinforcements appear to the south. Crap. I better hurry this up.

112_zpsqrecwn6b.png
More Strength!

113_zpslendgcud.png
More Speed!

114_zpsfpcz7vvy.png115_zpsm75zhzbp.png
Sure sure.

116_zpstk1wfzgw.png
Best level for Clarine.

118_zpsqgw5zq3l.png
Defeated by the hands of a Valkyrie.

119_zpsc33aesro.png
I'll take it!

120_zpsuqjapskk.png
Best level up Lilina could have. And now she has C staves.

At the Vendor, Zeiss buys two Fires and one Pure Water.

On Turn 21 for a bit of staff EXP for Lilina, Roy gets himself on the gate.

121_zpspslqk0ha.png
In Sacae route, we don't have to rescue Niime.
A soldier tries to stop her from bothering Roy but...

122_zpsmegoap0b.png
It's the information about the Manaketes. Roy wants to speak to her in private. It's now the same as it was in Ilia route, but now I have a better understanding about the dragons from the fuuuuuuuture.

Doors that don't open for my needs are the worst doors.
I miss Ilia.