Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

They should have opened the gates sooner or when you cross a certain row of tiles. They make you wait way too long.

As for Dayan...

You don't need to deploy Sue next chapter. Shin will suffice.

As for the upcoming Gaiden...

You can take as much time as you want. A good idea, because the next chapter will have seige weapons up the ass. The only requirements are recruiting all 3 nomads and keeping them alive.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gel is SCARYSCARY (possibly the most dangerous boss in the game, on par with Henning from Ch.8x). Luckily the Light Brand is poor at 2-range so you can beat him down safely (after he dodges your first 40 or so arrows and spells), but he's an absolute terror to fight at 1-range. In HM, he has better stats than your Rutger...

50HP/20STR/27SKL/27SPD/14LCK/13DEF/16RES

As for all the Nomads targeting Miledy, as far as I know, the AI in this game can't detect the Delphi Shield, and therefore does some pretty questionable targeting.

Ch.20S is a huge pain to play, so best of luck!

I REMEMBER THAT BITCH GEL. Fuck him. HM Sacae sucks it's like chapter 21 stretched out through 4 chapters.

So yeah, that's Bulgar. You wonder wtf these cities were in the prequel only to visit them here. Nicely done.

Gel is SCARYSCARY (possibly the most dangerous boss in the game, on par with Henning from Ch.8x). Luckily the Light Brand is poor at 2-range so you can beat him down safely (after he dodges your first 40 or so arrows and spells), but he's an absolute terror to fight at 1-range. In HM, he has better stats than your Rutger...

As for all the Nomads targeting Miledy, as far as I know, the AI in this game can't detect the Delphi Shield, and therefore does some pretty questionable targeting.

Huuuurgh those stats. Glad he's got a Light Brand to cancel his crits...

Huh. She did get damaged to about half HP, but I wouldn't think they would still target her if they couldn't damage her. If that's the case, though, that would make sense.

I felt the pain pretty early.

Yeah, during my playthrough I got more twangs than a country song.

All the TWANGS!. It has got to be my favorite No Damage! sound ever. Even more than FE1 No Damage! sound: PI-ING!.

I REMEMBER THAT BITCH GEL. Fuck him. HM Sacae sucks it's like chapter 21 stretched out through 4 chapters.

So yeah, that's Bulgar. You wonder wtf these cities were in the prequel only to visit them here. Nicely done.

Ilia 4 lyfe

Pretty much! I always wondered what was up with Scouring too when it had pretty little relevance in FE7.

Since we saw Niime last chapter, there is a high chance I will see Dayan in this one.

[spoiler=Alternate 9 - *The Initial Siege*]

1_zpsi2nyfzue.png

This should be the end of the Sacae/Ilia split (or after 20x).

Now with all the gaidens, there was someone or a few someones I needed to keep alive.

If I have this right, this one should be Sue, Shin, and Dayan, and I still probably have to make it under a turn limit.

2_zpsbsmz9qdm.png

All the while we get to pummel this guy's face in again...

3_zpsqwamkmny.png

IN THE DARK

So this is my reward for raising Shin and Sue? Two maps of Fog of War and sneaky reinforcement maps? Dual is not pleased with this arrangement.

Anyways, there's chests in the top-right area but supposedly nothing in the top-left. Getting to the chests requires three keys and the top-left is one.

My guess is Dayan would be top-left and loot is top-right. I should be splitting.

There are two ballistae on the map, similar to Ilia Chapter 20. I think they're Long Ballistae since they are lighter colored than the ones I saw at Chapter 17. Maybe they're Killers.

Deploying thieves to spot any other enemy units.

4_zpsfd9sjahp.png5_zpsflcmeoji.png6_zpstepcbddh.png

7_zpsa81w42cf.png8_zps121r1ilg.png

I love this map already. One of the Sages has a Berserk. If you don't deploy a Thief in sight of that guy, he would berserk one of your units already without you being able to see him. Wonderful!

The other enemies, I'm not too worried. I just want to get rid of that Sage as soon as I can.

9_zps2pt4oojc.png

Maybe I do need Sue, maybe I don't. What I can do with her is have her act as a convoy and recruit Dayan without having to sacrifice Shin's action.

10_zpsr6nirsgn.png

Here are the positions. Allen is west Paladin.

And let's take a crack at Chapter 20!

11_zps8x8ru7dc.png

He's gotta be around here somewhere...

12_zpsnjd4ep8a.png

Can you be any more pleasant?

13_zpseob6sfa1.png

I see Roartz channels the Star Fox in him.

14_zps2pctdfkt.png

Did someone say Shin should have five more Speed atop his already fast Speed stat?

THAT WEAPON WILL BE MINE.

15_zpslpr0bh49.png

THAT WEAPON WILL BE MINE. I SHALL END YOU.

17_zpsbllglole.png

Now that I think about it, we get Niime later than in the Ilia route and possibly Dayan the same time as Yuno.

So... why would Sacae be better than Ilia?

18_zpsuoz2v6jw.png

Yeah, I can see that. Say hi to the Berserk Sage.

That's all the new information she imparts. The rest is back to the demon dragon.

Turn 1

19_zpsnwxnhurx.png

Dayan has to be somewhere in this darkness. Just where could he be?

Lance kills the closest Fighter with a couple cuts from the Steel Sword.

With that support bonus, Allen and his Iron Axe can kill the Warrior with the Swordreaver.

Astore lights up a torch.

20_zpslh5suwjr.png

Here's a new enemy type. I've also discovered Sages with just Bolting. That's cool, I guess.

21_zpsgumxx427.png

Tate pls

22_zps2oqjtzzm.png

TATE PLS

Why you only hit once, Tate? She has S lances now, at least...

Milady kills off a Swordreaver Fighter with an Iron Sword. She doesn't take damage.

Rutger with a Steel Blade crit-kills a Warrior.

Lalum plays Tate.

Lilina heals Tate.

Zeiss kills the weakend Fighter and gets C lances.

23_zpsvnzssz73.png

Shin moves north, ending the first turn. Do those Bolting Sages move...?

Halberd Fighter misses his attack and dies to Lilina's pelting of Fires.

Bolting Sages move! One hits Astore.

24_zpshr04x44a.png

lol k

BOOP RESTART

25_zpstuyqubbf.png

So here we have me going to draw the Sages in towards units that should be able to dodge their attacks and/or tank them.

Surprisingly, Lilina was able to take Lalum. I dropped Lalum off in a chain on a space that should be safe from Boltings--at least one of them.

I'll be moving everyone else into positions.

Swordreaver Fighter dies to Allen.

Halberd Fighter misses Allena and dies promptly.

Steel Axe Fighter dies to Milady.

Steel Axe Warrior dies to Milady.

Bolting Sage goes for... Saul. Huh. For more accuracy, I guess? Saul gets hit.

Bolting Sage goes for... Lilina. That's odd. There's was perfectly good people like Allen to go after. He hits her.

Berserk Sage gets Zeiss.

Turn 2

26_zps6kop4fk5.png

Looks like I'll be stuck here for a couple turns. I'll skip ahead...

At the end of Turn 2...

27_zpsxv5q4qgi.png

DAYAN, WHERE ARE YOU?

LET ME RECRUIT YOU!

IF YOU HEAR ME, COME TOWARDS ME!

28_zpsnyvyxkj8.png

DAYAN WHAT?

You were near me and---

NO DON'T

On Turn 3...

30_zpsoo0fakud.png

Welp. I didn't need Sue.

31_zpsovou5q5e.png

Nuh uh, Dayan. I crafted this heart to its perfection. I ain't handing it over so easily.

32_zpsvuevocwk.png

Thank you, Shin.

33_zpshl1j5iob.png34_zpsi5kqgtns.png

Dayan get!

35_zps0kvkrqaa.png

I'm not sure how I feel about Dayan. He's pretty balanced (by "balanced" I mean "all stats are half of their caps") but they're kind of low for his level. His Strength is especially taking a hit.

What seems to be the best is his defensive stats--well, in comparison to Shin's. Shin has 12 Defense and 7 Resistance. I can't say if Shin got screwed in those stats--I expect Nomads to do poorly in them--but Dayan is ahead of him regardless.

Probably won't be using him but I guess he's better than Juno.

36_zpszkcksav9.png

So much ow, tanking two Boltings like that.

But after this, it's one more enemy phase of them and then we can press on.

Turn 6

37_zpsepp6hjy9.png

There's still the Killer Ballistae out there but now we can start moving!

Astore lights the way.

38_zpsvsz3k48j.png

This Sage here has a Red Gem. As far as I'm seeing it, I can't get it without using Warp, and I'd rather not use it just for a Red Gem.

39_zpspjoqkchq.png

We can also see new enemies and our boss.

40_zpsppcjjpdt.png41_zpsp1ngdwrh.png

I can steal that Red Gem from him. I don't think much else has changed about Roartz.

Lance trades one of his Steel Swords for Astore's Door Key.

Allen trades Lance his Iron Lance for the Door Key and opens the door.

42_zps9obad6mq.png

My current plan: a "power" team will be going west while the others go east.

With Shin's Longbow, I can take out the Killer Ballista on the east side. That means Roy and weaker units can head towards the throne much quicker than I would going west.

While I could carry Roy west, I'm not familiar with the enemies over there and Astore has to go east for chest-looting.

Tate moves to end Turn 6.

Steel Sword Myrmidon dies to Allen's Iron Sword.

43_zpsk3n1ikt3.png

Allen no!

Milady crit-kills the Steel Sword Myrmidon after he misses.

In a laughworthy moment, Steel Sword Swordmaster misses Allen. Allen crit-kills him with a 6 crit chance.

Killer Axe Warrior hits Milady. Milady hits twice.

Physic Sage heals Warrior.

Turn 7

44_zpsgr6q1dq3.png

Milady will play tank against the Killer Ballista, but I first need to rid myself of the Mage and Warrior.

First, Dayan attacks the Warrior with Short Bow in hand. He crits once and then hits normally. This is actually more or less what I wanted.

Tate kills the Warrior.

I forget how much Might the Killer Ballista has. Just to be safe, I have Saul accompany the "power" team and physic Milady.

45_zpsrchbsmrs.png

Not too shabby.

Milady doesn't give the Mage a bat of the eye. Now that's B swords! I could have Durandal!Milady soon enough!

Astore trades another Door Key over to Allen.

Allen opens the next door.

Lilina heals Allen's new HP.

Shin softens up the Warrior with his Longbow.

Lalum dances Roy.

46_zpsi3oawex8.png

Rutger will head west with the "power" group.

Lancereaver Myrmidon hits Tate. Tate cuts him down.

47_zpsqfgws8ex.png

Don't follow after Allen.

Steel Sword Myrmidon dies easily to Allen.

48_zpslslsezuk.png

Son of a...

If that Attack was one point higher, she would have been dead. She misses once and then hits.

I'll kill you! I will kill you!

Thanks to Shin's effort, Allen doesn't need to switch to a Steel Sword to kill the Silver Axe Warrior.

Killer Ballista Sniper has 11 Attack, 41 hit, and 7 crit chance on Milady. Okay. Even if she does get crit'd, she will survive. She dodges this one.

Killer Ballista Sniper has 10 damage, no crit chance, and 20 hit chance on Allen. This is with a Lance support bonus. Allen dodges.

Turn 8

49_zpsyoprvtn5.png

So if Milady has a 7 crit chance with 9 Luck, I think Shin with 16 Luck should nullify the Killer Ballista Sniper's crit altogether. Perfect.

Saul hits the Swordmaster for some chip.

Tate misses the Swordmaster with her thrown Javelin. I just wanted to see if she would get the kill EXP. This raises her lance rank to S, funnily enough.

I guess I'll give that kill to Milady to keep building the sword EXP.

Astore takes the Silence staff off Lance's hand in exchange for a Door Key.

50_zpsapjnoxkc.png

Sue moves to end Turn 8.

Killer Ballista Sniper misses Milady.

Killer Ballista Sniper misses Roy.

Turn 9

No new enemy positions. There is something new to show.

51_zpshrk7nj9z.png

This Sniper does have an Orion's Bolt, similar to... THAT incident in Ilia route. So I guess Intelligent Systems was expecting me to warp Astore over there to get extra stuff.

Honestly wouldn't consider it for now. I could sell the Orion's Bolt and Red Gem but then I risk him dying. I could think of a way to get the Sniper without putting Astore at risk but not the Sage. I'm turning down those items.

Saul heals Tate just in case.

Shin is one point shy of killing the Sniper in two rounds. Still, Shin hits twice with the trusty Longbow.

52_zpsikt05tid.png

I may be able to get Zeiss a Myrmidon kill.

I think there was a Sniper reinforcement that came into view from Milady's north.

Killer Ballista Sniper misses Roy.

Killer Ballista Sniper hits Milady. She can still tank a crit if she needs to.

Turn 10

53_zpswz1a0bcu.png

The new Sniper has a Longbow. The good news is that it's pretty much locked up there, rendering him unable to hit people that aren't hugging the walls.

Shin misses the Killer Ballista Sniper once before giving the killing shot.

Lance unlocks the door.

54_zpste46ofwx.png

I'm going to leave the west side as they are until the Killer Ballista is out of bolts.

Killing Edge Myrmidon and Roy trade blows.

Killer Ballista Sniper misses Milady. It's now on its last bolt.

Turn 11

55_zpsy1sg6r9p.png

Let's see about that Zeiss kill.

Shin rescues Roy.

Zeiss kills the Myrmidon. That's C lances again.

Lance and Allen rescue-drop Roy.

Lilina heals Roy.

Lalum plays Astore.

56_zpsyplmojft.png

57_zpscavnjglc.png

What kind of reinforcements would there be?

Wo Dao Swordmaster misses Allen. The power of Lance and Roy supports! Allen hits once and then crit-kills. Aw yeah! His Iron Sword breaks.

Last Killer Ballista Sniper bolt hits Milady. No crit!

Turn 12

58_zps7md8guxz.png

Time to start moving.

59_zpsxrahlyda.png

Lalum dances Astore.

60_zpsmfgwyzsy.png

Can sell this off.

Sue and Zeiss rescue-drop Lalum.

61_zpscurriegy.png

Lilina will moves towards the next room and ends the turn.

62_zpsysrgzxxl.png

Oh? Thief reinforcement to steal my loot? Not on my watch!

Allen hits both times at the Javelin Knight. Knight doesn't die. This is okay because I want to feed this kill to someone else.

Steel Bow Sniper takes the Milady bait. He misses.

Turn 13

63_zpsvmoq3egh.png

I don't know where the Thief is going. I guess because Allen blocked the other door?

Saul kills the Sniper without any injuries.

Zeiss kills the Knight through the door.

Lalum dances Allen.

Allen and Lance resuce-drop Zeiss and Lance moves away just in case the Thief changes his mind on which door to open.

64_zps4u9pg6wa.png

65_zpsny4cykps.png

Will be slaughtering a Sage and a Sniper.

Aircalibur Sage misses Allen. Allen kills him off.

Shin and the Sniper have a Longbow fight. Shin doesn't kill the Sniper but he still levels up.

66_zpsvwjowewa.png

Defense, huh?

Turn 14

67_zps6lqakowl.png

Barging into the throne room.

Shin kills the Sniper.

Lalum trades Allen the Door Key.

Allen opens the door.

Tate kills the Thief with her Iron Sword--but not before getting herself a TWANG!.

Milady switches Tate to the Javelin.

68_zpsta4cstcv.png

69_zpsst7ybsqb.png

Almost to the end.

Axereaver Knight hits Allen. Allen misses one of his attacks. I was planning to give this kill to Roy anyways.

Tate dodges a Javelin and hits the Knight twice.

Elfire Sage misses Allen. Allen leaves the Sage sprawled on the floor after two Hand Axe throws.

Turn 15

70_zps10hqvvuk.png

About time to kill Roartz and claim the throne.

71_zpsawwfzesg.png

Lalum takes a couple items off of Astore and dances him.

Roy pierces the Knight's armor with his Rapier. That's a level for Roy.

72_zpstvlocgmq.png

This Roy has gotten more Defense unpromoted than the main one did. It's official.

Lilina heals Roy.

Zeiss and the Javelin Knight trade blows until the Knight dies.

73_zpslhdb1cx6.png

Pretty much all I want for now is Speed, so good job.

Lance and Allen rescue-drop Lilina in range of Roartz.

74_zpsrulega3b.png

Let's see...

75_zps8ul1c69f.png76_zps6t6g8cby.png

All was lost with Kel.

Roartz and Lilina miss. Oh boy.

Turn 16

Time to be skipping until Roartz goes down.

77_zpsqfbe7ezw.png

78_zpsc6aeidnv.png

The important stats!

79_zps9cfz3nxx.png80_zpstywlib3m.png81_zpsep6m2j4f.png

lol

82_zpspmghda2b.png

Cool! More Defense!

83_zpsrvy9o0xg.png

Surprisingly hasn't capped Magic yet and is hitting the teens of levels.

84_zpspughxczs.png

More staff range, Saul!

85_zpslu3kand6.png

Oh god, Shin. That Speed is immense.

86_zpsfc2fus5s.png

I got quite a bit of space in this post, so why not. I was doing healing for Lilina and hunted that one Sniper for Shin.

On claiming the throne...

87_zpswh0dxmyz.png

But Roy, did we get 20x?

88_zpspnpjuw4w.png89_zpseb1al0ey.png90_zpsut3asw93.png

Alright!

91_zpsabcrg6iy.png

And there we have it!

We don't quite head for Bern yet...

This was the most frustating chapter besides chapter 7 for me, when I played the Sacae Route blindly on hard mode.

FoW and lots of nasty enemies. The bolting sages could oneshot Chad and the ballista could oneshot Niime.

I let even Niime die. Only felt sry for the physic stave.

Time we liberated Bern-occupied Bulgar. Do we save Dayan as well?

[spoiler=Alternate 8 - *Open the Door!*]

38_zpsdakz2hlg.png

I hate obligations like this.

49_zpsarcoduvi.png

D-Defense?! HP and Defense?!

Rutger takes the Nomad Trooper kill for a level.

52_zps0wmdjlno.png

I originally wrote the text saying she wouldn't be able to finish this guy.

Hot damn, woman!

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord can't quite hit Allen. Allen hits once and....

56_zpstn7aqqwu.png

Get some more muscle, would you?

So I wanted Milady to weaken the Javelin Wyvern Rider for a Zeiss kill.

106_zpsfcp3wo4h.png

He wanted to sell whatever he found. Clarine pops out of nowhere. Clarine I guess asks if he stole what he found and he leaves saying he didn't, dropping the Wo Dao.

That's... actually quite a find. I don't know WHERE he would find that just lying around--but sure. Since Karel also has a Wo Dao, does that mean Sacae route gives three Wo Daos in a playthrough? I don't remember Ilia having one.

116_zpstk1wfzgw.png

Best level for Clarine.

I suppose it was to protect his own skin.
...And she is getting screwed in Mag by 4.25 points upon average.
Delphi Shield her and the AI will love to target her still since it is programmed to attack flying units above all else. Plus her Def makes her near invincible.
Yep. Screwed by 2.8 in Str upon average.
Ch 20A had one.
2.2 above her average.
You may get the best Clarine that I've ever seen. :D

Ah.
That must explain why that this happens. lol
(It does make Sacae alot easier)

[spoiler=Alternate 9 - *The Initial Siege*]

13_zpseob6sfa1.png

I see Roartz channels the Star Fox in him.

20_zpslh5suwjr.png

Here's a new enemy type. I've also discovered Sages with just Bolting. That's cool, I guess.

We don't quite head for Bern yet...

He's almost Andross reincarnated! XD
Biggest pain of all that you cannot kill them without Long Ranged magic/Warp Staffing a unit.

This was the most frustating chapter besides chapter 7 for me, when I played the Sacae Route blindly on hard mode.

FoW and lots of nasty enemies. The bolting sages could oneshot Chad and the ballista could oneshot Niime.

I let even Niime die. Only felt sry for the physic stave.

I could only imagine...

Were you going for ranking? Like in my part, I just like to camp out until they're done Bolting/shooting their ballista shots. I would probably do something else for ranking.

No! Not Badass Old Lady!

...And she is getting screwed in Mag by 4.25 points upon average.

Yep. Screwed by 2.8 in Str upon average.

http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/miscellaneous/item-locations/

Ch 20A had one.

2.2 above her average.

You may get the best Clarine that I've ever seen. :D

Ah.

That must explain why that this happens. lol

(It does make Sacae alot easier)

Biggest pain of all that you cannot kill them without Long Ranged magic/Warp Staffing a unit.

I figured something was up with Lilina--but eh. She still has higher Magic than Saul and Niime. I would just be worried about her non-maxed staff accuracy/range and Speed right now.

Lance pls

Ah, okay!

Interesting. I guess she's just supposed to be a dodgetank healer than a fighter. Despite that, she did pretty well against Kel!

That's until you do things like I do to try to spread the EXP evenly...

Not to mention the area you're "supposed" to warp to with a Thief to get the Elysian Whip and Red Gem. No thanks. I'd rather just camp, haha.

Murgleis will be mine! Shin will get over 30 Speed!

[spoiler=Alternate 10 - *Inside Base #______ is...*]

1_zps71qoqwg2.png

We will, Roy. I kind of don't have a choice.

2_zpsypkbbtsx.png

Intelligent Systems couldn't make another Djute sprite.

This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't use this guy three chapters ago.

3_zpsqzvgnoij.png

We've got split forces again.

And...

4_zpsb4c1365l.png5_zpsstluwskr.png6_zpsevdjqsib.png

... oh.

No. You can't...

7_zpsrj1f8qfm.png8_zpsdmknkwnv.png9_zps6s2vophg.png

You can't!

AGHHHHHH

Okay. So, my guesses on this: either I have to find the right base to seize or I have to seize ALL of them.

My first guess is because they are all using the same sprite (same recolor) but named differently. A few games use a "you got to find the right one!" gimmick and have the "right one" be mixed in illusions that look alike.

The second guess is, well, because the game hates me.

Given that each of the gaiden maps have a "gimmick" of some type, I'm leaning towards the previous than the latter.

Now if the first guess is true, what kind of punishment will I get for getting the "wrong" base?

Commenting on the overall map before we get to the enemy composition:

It has rivers to block off units that can't cross them. Those that can't have to take the long way over bridges.

Roy, who can cross rivers, has to take his whole movement; however, it's pretty easy to manipulate this by a rescue-drop if you can't bring him on land yet.

I'm not that knowledgeable on river terrain. I know Lord and Nomad Trooper can, and I think Swordmaster could. I don't think Sage and Bishop can. Paladin I'm unsure of.

I'll need to know this in order to keep my sanity in check. All these bases to seize...

So now the enemy make-up:

10_zpslc7b68pe.png11_zpslbiyhu7g.png12_zpsspdnleoj.png

13_zpsztqxhpai.png14_zps8qefeav2.png

There's only one Shaman and he's to the north. It's the standard fare of the previous maps. I just got to be extra cautious with my fliers.

And where are the Druids?

15_zps0socleyc.png16_zpsqet4nqv2.png17_zpst26zguns.png18_zpsbmwu3zqw.png

19_zps4gd4cxyj.png20_zpsm4yifqrb.png21_zps2uekyvqa.png22_zpsvk8hd8ny.png

23_zpsyuiofmhb.png24_zpsxpmqfu41.png25_zpsggz9tymu.png26_zpsjpxke7ih.png

Mixed in with the bosses. Great! They even got status staves!

Intelligent Systems knows how I love Druids. FE7 Luna ones and now FE6 status staff ones!

Not to mention their "different" descriptions, am I right?

I took these in a clockwise manner, starting with the northeast section.

27_zpsch9z8kqm.png

Chapter 21 has that nice Secret Shop that I want to exploit. I'll be selling stuff when I enter that chapter.

I've restocked everyone.

28_zpscwucg1qp.png29_zps9orzjfxj.png30_zpsyqdoml4f.png

My first goal should be defending against the status staves. If I can move while defending, that would be good. Once those wear out, I can plow on through.

I might need to be defensive on the first few turns anyways because of the huge horde of Nomads and Nomad Troopers.

31_zps1ft8gtml.png

The heart wants to beat faster with this bow.

33_zpswnlu1av7.png

I really just want to bow. If you would be so kind to--

34_zpshrvoqua5.png

Dammit.

35_zpsg1dlsweg.png

Your loss.

36_zpsbvfwd97q.png

But you chose to oppose us and a good lot of the other clans!

37_zpsjmur9vn6.png

I believe so, Roy my boy.

38_zps8a1aqpel.png

Hey! Shin in a cutscene!

39_zpsls1t9q94.png40_zpsvkijiblk.png

Yeah, and Hanon seemed to like to change her gender on the whim, according to FE7?

I know Hanon is a woman but localized FE7 flubbed that up. Oops!

41_zps0y4hvo89.png

Thanks, bro

42_zpso4w1rwiy.png

I have six sources of where to smell this lust for vengeance. Now I just need to pick which is the right one...

Turn 1

43_zpstiah6ikc.png

I've got some turtling to do this few turns.

The status staff Druids have 11 staff range. I can send a target just within range and see where we can go from there.

44_zpskbmleudi.png

I can't get to the northwest Druid yet if those Nomads move.

Zeiss will draw in the Javelin Wyvern Rider and I'll decide if Roy or Zeiss gets that kill.

Hopefully Geese will kill the other Javelin Wyvern Rider and draw in the Wyvern Lord.

Niime should be in range of the Berserk Druid and should only get hit once by a Nomad or Nomad Trooper.

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord misses Geese. Geese crits but can't double or kill.

Allen throws his Hand Axe at the Shaman for a kill.

Short Bow Nomad TWANGS off of Allen. Allen misses once. That's A axes!

Short Bow Nomad hits Niime. Niime hits once.

Geese crit-kills the Javelin Wyvern Rider. Hand Axe breaks.

45_zpsgx1omdas.png

That is a bit of Skill you got going there, Geese.

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Zeiss. Zeiss hits.

Turn 2

46_zps4bszrqus.png

Mm. Status staff Druids didn't budge an inch. When do they start using them?

I don't want to get closer just yet. I'll wait for the enemy density to lessen.

Clarine gets herself into a forest and ends a Nomad's life.

Tate throws a Javelin at the weakened Nomad for a kill.

Roy softens up the Wyvern Rider more.

Zeiss's thrown Javelin downs the Wyvern Rider.

Niime kills the Nomad.

Lilina heals Niime.

Milady starts throwing her Javelin. She fails to kill one Nomad Trooper and she gets hit.

Lalum dances Lilina.

Lilina gets up close to the Nomad and hits him with Fire.

Geese fells the Wyvern Lord with his Iron Axe.

47_zpsp1ouineb.png

Niime might die after Saul moves.

Short Bow Nomad hits Lalum.

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord deals massive damage to Rutger. Rutger crits once and then hits.

Clarine's time to shine. She dodges a Short Bow Nomad and kills him.

There goes another one.

48_zps3butdpls.png

Yes

Shin dodges a Short Bow Nomad Trooper and softens him up.

Steel Sword Nomad Trooper misses Clarine. Clarine weakens him in two Thunder strikes.

Short Bow Nomad Trooper lodges a bolt into Rutger.

Short Bow Nomad Trooper can't get Clarine. Clarine does a double dose of Thunder onto him.

Two Nomad Troopers gang up on Niime and...

49_zpss9n8gtar.png

Drat

I'm thinking maybe the staff accuracy of the Druids was 0 with Saul and Niime having high Resistance and being too far away. I'll adjust the strategy accordingly...

50_zps75zvmkbj.png

A better level up for Geese.

51_zps6mnsc3of.png

There wasn't a boss quote!

I wonder if that means anything.

He berserks Roy, by the way.

52_zps8yhta1v8.png

And yep. Saul was too far away last time.

53_zpsrv5szm9g.png

Geese goes for that overkill this time.

54_zpslasxzjhy.png

Back here on Turn 2. Let's see how this goes now...

With Milady, I am making sure that Lilina can get to her with a Restore.

Short Bow Nomad still gets Lalum.

Silver Lance Wyvern Lord misses Saul. Saul hits him twice for a near-death.

Short Bow Nomad misses Clarine. Clarine kills him.

That's another for Clarine and a level.

55_zpsjymhjtq0.png

Not as good as last time but it's still Magic.

She downs another Nomad.

Short Bow Nomad misses Milady. Milady misses killing him.

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Geese.

Short Bow Nomad Trooper hits Shin. Shin weakens him up for Tate.

Steel Sword Nomad Trooper gets hit twice by Clarine without being able to damage him.

Same goes for the Short Bow Nomad Trooper.

Short Bow Nomad Trooper hits Roy.

Berserk Druid gets Milady. Ha! But I have Restore, fool!

Silence Druid doesn't bank on that 5 hit chance on Saul.

Turn 3

56_zps9efbyqvn.png

Last enemy phase for the Berserk and Silence Druids.

Lilina restores Milady.

Zeiss kills the Nomad and levels up.

57_zpsigmcpfeq.png

Zeiss no

Niime hits the Short Bow Nomad Trooper up close for Dark experience.

Milady kills the Nomad Trooper with her Iron Sword.

Lalum dances Lilina.

Lilina heals Lalum.

Geese hit the Wyvern Rider with his Steel Axe. Wyvern Rider misses as well.

Lance kills the Wyvern Lord with the Iron Axe and levels up.

58_zpshsyawf91.png

stahp it

Tate digs her Iron Sword into the weakened Nomad Trooper for a death.

Allen tries to kill the Nomad Trooper but fails.

Shin takes Clarine's place to kill the Nomad Trooper. Can't have Clarine getting combat experience now.

59_zpsgsg4hfv3.png

Roy's group may be able to start moving after this turn.

60_zpspmfclzwl.png

I thought I calculated your river movement correctly! Argh!

Tate thankfully dodges.

Shin, stuck on an Iron Sword, dodges a Short Bow Nomad.

He dodges another one...

...which leaves Allen to take on Nomads for his Hand Axe. Allen dodges a bolt but fails to kill the Nomad.

Short Bow Nomad misses Milady.

Javelin Wyvern Rider misses Geese.

Short Bow Nomad Trooper hits Lance.

Berserk Druid goes for... Lance. Huh. He misses a 69 hit chance.

Turn 4

61_zps3hlxymd6.png

Let's get going.

Zeiss kills the weakened Nomad. I'm free!

Geese unnecessarily crit-kills the Wyvern Rider.

Rutger misses one of his 91 hit chance with a Steel Sword against the Nomad Trooper. You are sucking right now, Rutger...

Since I have to waste the Silence Druid's stafff anyways, Saul goes for the kill.

Lilina heals Roy.

Milady rescues Roy. Lalum dances her so Milady can move next to her brother and drop Roy off.

Tate finishes the Nomad Trooper that tried to threaten her life. She levels up.

62_zpsvrj9tj6y.png

Not bad, not bad.

Allen switches to the Iron Axe and misses a Nomad once. Dang...

Shin switches Allen to the Hand Axe and kills a Nomad in front of him--well, I was until I accidentally pressed B too many times. Great job, me!

63_zps9h0kjp6c.png

Ending Turn 4 with these positions.

All these misses! Short Bow Nomad misses Allen. Allen also misses one of his attacks.

Shin dodges two Short Bow Nomads in a row.

Allen dodges a bolt and gets a Short Bow Nomad.

Short Bow Nomad misses Allen. Another miss for Allen as well.

Silence Druid misses Saul. No more Silence for you!

Turn 5

64_zpsp5fygb90.png

Taking the time to move people across the water.

Milady rescues Niime.

Lilina heals Milady.

Lalum dances Milady.

Milady drops Niime.

Zeiss and Roy rescue-drop Lilina.

Rutger rescues Saul.

Allen lays smack on a Nomad with his Iron Axe.

Shin switches Allen to the Hand Axe and kills a Nomad himself.

I change my mind. Tate takes out a Nomad.

65_zpsrrfux0bb.png

Clarine will kill the other Nomad to end this turn.

Turn 6

Nobody but Clarine moved.

Geese rescues Lance.

Rutger drops Saul.

Here's a weird rescue-drop. Zeiss and Lilina rescue-drop Niime in range of the Wyvern Rider.

Lalum dances Milady.

Milady and Roy rescue-drop Lalum.

66_zpstxrgecjc.png

Allen is in range of the Nomad group so I think he'll draw their attention away from Roy's.

Clarine will move to end the turn.

Allen manages to kill the Short Bow Nomad without taking damage.

Another one for Allen.

A third for him. If he hits the Nomad Trooper, that Hand Axe is gone.

Rutger draws in the Nomad and dodges the Short Bow bolt.

Niime can double the Wyvern Rider. His Javelin misses and she kills him.

Nomad Trooper goes for the Steel Sword and cuts into Allen. Allen does get that one hit in and the Hand Axe breaks.

Turn 7

67_zpshgadnhyd.png

What lies in store for me as the numbers have dwindled?

Lilina hits Thoril (Nomad Trooper) and he hits Lilina once.

Niime heals Lilina.

Tate takes the Nomad Trooper kill while sustaining damage herself.

Rutger kills the Nomad.

68_zpsvyifygw9.png

I'll wait out a turn for Thoril. Saul is in front of Chan (Druid). I also have B Milady/Zeiss now.

Chan also has no boss quote... I really don't like how this is going. Chan hits and heals himself for nothing (having Nosferatu), while Saul doesn't hit at all.

Thoril hits Lilina once. Lilina misses.

Marral (Sleep Druid) doesn't get Tate.

Turn 8

69_zpsqs7dpw3n.png

I think it's fair to start skipping until someone goes down and Roy claims a base.

70_zpsn0d2xt51.png

No death quote!

Mmmmmmm...

71_zpsuli2kyii.png

MMMM.

72_zpshvd04lwb.png

Ahhhhhhhhhh?

73_zpskfnl0keb.png

OH NO

WHAT'D I DO

74_zpspgndnwzm.png

CRAP

75_zpsxjsgs72h.png

DENIED

Lalum dances Milady.

Niime equips the Nosferatu and heals Lilina.

Milady kills the Nomad with the highest Attack.

76_zps38qdhecr.png

End of Turn 8... PLEASE LALUM DON'T DIE

77_zpspnkn9qpm.png

POWER OF NOSFERATU

78_zpsscuso1ux.png

TANK THEM, BADASS OLD LADY

79_zpspwn5icgs.png

CRISIS AVERTED

Lalum dodges the Short Bow Nomad.

Chan and Saul dodge each other.

Tate avoids getting put to sleep.

Turn 9

80_zpsql6qpt7t.png

So this is the dirty gimmick map! Okay! Sure!

More skipping. I apparently got to find the real base and, if I guess wrong, kill reinforcements.

81_zpss5p6vry2.png

Stupid reinforcements can die to a crit!

82_zpsynjgckut.png

Need these stats.

83_zpsizvt2ws5.png

Don't know what turn this is but map's over. Second closest base to Roy's group does it.

84_zpsmkdd32t2.png

I don't want to see Sacae ever again.

85_zpsuvw1vndm.png86_zps3i7k06v8.png

It's much better than Maltet, believe you me.

87_zpsklcvcpkw.png88_zpswuhqtm15.png

Same as before when Merlinus wants us to chase them down.

Roy has Merlinus send off a letter to Yoder about Niime and the dragons and yada, yada, the scene where Merlinus DESTROYS THE BACKSTORY YET AGAIN when Guinivere talks to Roy about her bastard of a father and Zephiel.

Oh wait... Merlinus doesn't destroy the backstory in this one? It goes straight to Roy having to save the land from Zephiel with the Fire Emblem in hand.

Ahhhhh, so that's the change. Okay. Well, Sacae's done!

I honestly like Ilia over Sacae. One less FoW map and not as... annoying?... of a gaiden. Because of how my team is (three fliers), Sacae is harder to train them, whereas Ilia wasn't as biased against a class.

That would be my fault as well, seeing that I guess the developers had something in mind for Sacae: if you ended up in Sacae, you were likely raising the Nomads and land units more than the flying units. You get Shanna before Sue, and you get Shin before Tate; but, Shin wouldn't be as valuable of investment since he's essentially a bow-locked Cavalier (that is without considering his stats and growths). And you get like six Cavaliers/Paladins before him. My playstyle would probably land me in Ilia more (though I still like Shin and will use him in future runs). I intentially had to ditch Shanna and raise Sue a little, and I was being pretty biased with Shin over Tate.

Is Sacae 20x's base random much like the chests' contents in 21x are? I have a feeling it is.

Yeah, the correct base is random in this chapter. During my playthrough I got it on the first try, which is the top leftmost hut.

Also, the classes I know can cross rivers are Nomad troopers, Pirates, Berzerkers, and any flying unit, of course.

[spoiler=Alternate 10 - *Inside Base #______ is...*]

70_zpsn0d2xt51.png

No death quote!

Mmmmmmm...

aa9tLj.jpg
Sortie.
-----
By the way...are you going to do a hard mode run of this? Sorry, just curious.

Wait, those Druid bosses only had 12 mag? I coulda sworn to god they had at least 20! What with those staff hit rates and all!

if you mean the range, staves use the magic of the user as its range, rather than mag divided by 2 like in FE7/8. If you mean the actual accuracy, you're implying these units have resistance.

if you mean the range, staves use the magic of the user as its range, rather than mag divided by 2 like in FE7/8. If you mean the actual accuracy, you're implying these units have resistance.

I was referring to accuracy, shows how bad most units' res is in this game. Also, staff range is 5+mag/2.

Wait, those Druid bosses only had 12 mag? I coulda sworn to god they had at least 20! What with those staff hit rates and all!

Think you're thinking about HM, where those Druids are utterly ridiculous

Think you're thinking about HM, where those Druids are utterly ridiculous

Dude, when you're that far in HM, the definition of ridiculous kinda expands

Are you gonna finish the alt run or complete the game in the main run?

I've been thinking it over and I decided on this (and finished this): I'm going to rush it but I'd do the alternate run for Normal Ending (I'd break a weapon to do this), then go over to main run to show the True Ending.

After all that, it's finishing the alternate run's True Ending (though not showing this off) to do final statistical comparisons and considerations for any future playthroughs of the game (or, basically, a Character Evaluation, because I had pretty big teams in both files to play with each character).

By the way...are you going to do a hard mode run of this? Sorry, just curious.

It's alright! I'd definitely have to think on it after a break. Hard Mode gives me... "vibes" of being intense. Not to mention the big backlog of games I keep getting because of sales (like Okami HD for $4.99). I'm a sucker for a good sale...

Ah, sprite recolors. FE4 memories.

Pamela has like five unknown half-sisters. (At least it's not Anna levels of not giving a crap)

Yeah! Remember Igrene and the 16x boss? Having 10 Resistance, standing about 20 squares away, and still being very accurate? I'm honestly not surprised anymore, haha. This Roy had like 3 Resistance and Milady slightly above that so that's to be expected. Post-game commentary would probably include staff hit rate calculation and comparing that to FE7's. Trust me, if this staff hit rate was the same in FE7, I'd be even more mad at Night of Farewells which I actually hate more than Battle Before Dawn, but less than Cog of Destiny HHM

The range was actually slightly below. The 12 Magic Druids have 11 range.

Just be glad that status staves were not in FE1. Hey there, Resistance stat! Everyone (except for like one character) has 0? Here you go: instant 100 accuracy. Because fair! I guess they could base it off of Luck (= Magic Dodge).

*I've got three posts! This one is Normal Ending, the next one is the main run's True Ending, and the third is the missing content and tinkering with the alternate run's ending.

Technically, the Normal Ending comes first.

I'll try to make this quick, I promise!

[spoiler=Alternate 11 - *In our Haste, I fear We missed Something...*]

chap%2021%201_zpss4knxdrn.png

As we enter Chapter 21, this time Yoder comes with the Maltet. While I think the Maltet is worse than the Murgleis in terms of what stat it boosts, there's no way I'd go to Sacae to get Murgleis first.

I mean, you technically get the both of them at the same time. The only difference is that at Chapter 21's prep screen, you can swith the weapon you got from there rather than having to trade from Yoder.

Such a benefit!

chap%2021%203_zpsy25xp4mi.png

I manage to have Saul and Yoder talk to each other. Saul approaches Yoder first.

chap%2021%204_zpsg0ko0rfl.pngchap%2021%205_zpscngq3a6s.png

I know, right? He hasn't touched any girl's butts! Heck, he has never supported in any of the two playthroughs so far!

chap%2021%206_zpskmumdcpg.png

That didn't stop you from hitting on girls earlier.

chap%2021%207_zpsjmbsvmjc.png

But fine. You have done good, Saul. Truly.

chap%2021%208_zpspilrozz4.pngchap%2021%209_zpsnmwbog8g.png

Cool. You still won't get that S Light.

Neither will Niime get S Dark this playthrough.

chap%2021%2010_zpslqr4yp6d.png

OH MAN, SHIN.

This guy eventually gets 30 Speed. 30 Speed! Then you stack the Murgleis' +5 Speed on top of that. He's still restricted to the one- or two-range weaponry, but you would be damned in saying that he was not his own dodgetank.

chap%2021%2011_zps2qlgeite.png

This is him on a forest.

That sweet, sweet 101 Avoid. It's a thing of beauty!

chap%2021%2013_zpsxdvviv2b.pngchap%2021%2014_zps8umww2of.png

Thanks to the reinforcements, Clarine gets quite a bit of levels. She even draws in Gale so Shin can get the kill.

So long, Camus-archetype Gale. You were a truly wonderful man.

For this Chapter 21, I focused on Allen and Milady getting their weapon ranks. Allen got S's in all three. I don't smell any bias in this, nope.

At the same time...

chap%2021%2015_zpsczfb8wcx.png

Now what am I going to do at this shop...?

I sell off the two Knight's Crests and the Membership Card. This was most likely the last Secret Shop anyways. I mean, look at all the stuff in here!

With that much money and the selling of the other items, I buy 21 pairs of Boots, 2 Speedwings, and 1 Energy Ring.

Someone's playing with power!

chap%2021x%201_zpsvemq48kc.pngchap%2021x%202_zpsie9kwiqk.pngchap%2021x%203_zps9auvtazy.pngchap%2021x%204_zpsvsjn6h3v.png

chap%2021x%205_zpsq1uxcrlw.pngchap%2021x%206_zpsfkxvnmzq.pngchap%2021x%207_zpsttbptmq3.png

MOVE. GET OUT OF THE WAY.

Roy gets one Seraph Robe, two Energy Rings, two Dragonshields, and two Speedwings.

Allen gets the Secret Book.

Lilina gets one Seraph Robe and two Speedwings. I didn't know who else really wanted more HP.

SO OVER AT THE NORMAL ENDING

chap%2022%201_zps1jphqady.png

Roy lands a crit on Zephiel, making the final boss of Normal Ending A HUGE CHUMP.

chap%2022%203_zpskpb5opi0.png

Guinivere has to go bawl about Zephiel. It's okay. She kind of needs it right now.

chap%2022%204_zpssdgicbxu.png

Roy wanted to go comfort her. This is one of the few moments I agree with you, Merlinus. You better treasure it.

chap%2022%205_zpsdpcjiuny.png

It was quite admirable, wasn't it? Roy crit'd Zephiel like a champ.

chap%2022%206_zpspif5y6tk.pngchap%2022%207_zps6ivqaaqk.png

Roy thanks Elphin for putting in so much work to this campaign despite his homeland being in turmoil.

Roy, are you referring to the Western Isles or Elphin's true home?

If it's the latter, when did you learn that? Previous moments had you not know.

chap%2022%208_zps8x3e0wal.png

What did you do, Elphin? The augury and cutscene stuff? If anything, Lalum busted her butt for us!

chap%2022%209_zps1pj8uc83.pngchap%2022%2010_zpsekcpfrxl.pngchap%2022%2011_zpshpipqzpd.png

I still am not satisfied with how this turned out. We establish that dragons aren't really that bad (see: Fae), so why must it be this way?

chap%2022%2012_zpseizgnsvq.pngchap%2022%2013_zps6ieax2u4.pngchap%2022%2014_zpsgoqgbg1h.png

Right! We should go look for her!

chap%2022%2015_zpsrpqbqe9u.pngchap%2022%2016_zpsgm03vqht.pngchap%2022%2017_zpscl9qwy1h.png

No, guys! I'm sure we can find her if we send out multiple search parties.

chap%2022%2018_zpsrmsxtd8s.pngchap%2022%2019_zpstrjkhu04.png

Don't say it like as though it's just a daily occurrence. We need to go find her before she destroys the world.

chap%2022%2020_zpsehazzvy1.png

Nooooooooo! Why won't you listen to me?!

chap%2022%2021_zpsm3l7kwt9.pngchap%2022%2022_zpseqm6c0go.pngchap%2022%2023_zpsf6d0qp2i.pngchap%2022%2024_zpsestsjzxu.png

Agh. This is what I get for breaking the Durandal.

chap%2022%2026_zpsgpcheumk.png

Indeed... until you just gave up trying to find the demon dragon.

chap%2022%2027_zpsu83bqcwv.png

Yay...

chap%2022%2028_zpstqrmj9nr.png

FUCK OFF, MERLINUS

chap%2022%2030_zpsithncx9d.pngchap%2022%2031_zpse0xepnd7.pngchap%2022%2032_zpszefaugl5.png

chap%2022%2033_zpsmzqjv4r1.pngchap%2022%2034_zps3gfal213.pngchap%2022%2035_zps6kkqw1fd.png

"Another story"? Were you alluding to a sequel of this game?

You can't count a "sequel prequel" as a sequel!

*I'll go over the credits in the True Ending. For now, I'll acknowledge that there are mini CG's in the credits.*

chap%2022%2038_zpsr0pxpeak.png

Chapter 22's slightly higher turn count had to do with breaking the Durandal. Haaaaaa.

chap%2022%2039_zpsa4jjmffj.png

The playtime is almost half than the main run's!

That's almost an accomplishment!

chap%2022%2040_zpsxtjoeubk.png

And these are such generic endings. Pretty much all single-line endings.

But I could have sworn there were extended endings in the game, especially regarding Roy's marriage choice. I'm going to look in the True Ending first before I do anything about these generic ones.

Edited by Dual Dragons

But I will not settle for the Normal Ending. I didn't even save when I finished Chapter 22, so I can go back to this file and do the True Ending.
Instead, let's have the original run finish this tale of Fire Emblem: Binding Blade the true way.

[spoiler=Final - *A quick End to the Madness*]
1_zpsvx7oqj8u.png
Right as I load up the file, I get the chapter title drop. That's different.

7_zpsf1i1fnpl.png
As much as I don't hate the dragons, I don't want one species to get wiped out either.
But anyways, we want to save you!

10_zpsnxegmljm.png
Well, we did technically banish one species to another dimension. It's not outright eliminating them but it can be still just as bad.

12_zpsxbsadkij.png14_zpsmf3pr5p0.png
Did you? When you met Hartmut?

18_zps4kooolhk.png
Save you from the DAHKNASS.

21_zpsqigqiyab.png
I will still try to save you!

29_zpswiibfxye.png30_zpshub7agyg.png31_zpsbv0g2mlp.png

32_zpskscia5xp.png33_zpsfgccur7r.png34_zpsedx1jfft.png

35_zpszidamti0.png36_zps3orth4ts.png37_zpsgkstny28.png

Everyone in my team has their own personal remarks on the matter.
Niime's strikes me as the oddest or, rather, out of place. What is planning to do with the power she has found?

40_zpsyxjhaqot.png
This game did Radiant Dawn before it was even a thing.

ENDGAME

42_zpsmc8xkzsz.png
This is it, everyone! The final battle! And it still is composed of dragons that get knocked to the ground hard by legendary weapons.

But we also have...

43_zpsxxe6i0rq.png44_zps4bmgngpx.png45_zpsdma15ogc.png46_zpshp118gqj.png
Idun. She's... kind of wrecked by the Binding Blade, in all honesty.
She still falls trap to the one-range dragon breath flaw. Idun really doesn't have enough HP to handle two hits from the Binding Blade.
When I get to her, she's dead. Simple as that. That will be a two-turn expedition since she's all the way across the room.
Of note, she has high crit (21) and low Movement (2). Wonder if she actually moves?

Alright! So Roy's goal is to get to Idun as quick as he can while the others can distract the dragons.

Geese hits, takes damage, and crit-kills the east dragon with the Armads.

47_zpsujbpcxg4.png
These stats totally matter.

Niime hits the other dragon with an Apocalypse.
Then Milady takes out the dragon with Maltet.
Allen rescues Roy.
Elphin plays Allen.
Lilina physics Geese.
Allen drops Roy up to Idun and Allen stays put.

48_zpsegkwhtk4.png
Okay. Make that a one-turn expedition if all goes well.

Reinforcement dragon comes from the east but...

49_zpsuxr2yait.png
Idun moves first. She does move and she has the... Knight moving sound effect? Huh. Interesting.

50_zpsodpw3ryz.png
Disembodied arm, what are you doing here?

51_zpswnclz3em.png
Oh.
Well I'm screwed. The platform underneath me disappeared!

52_zpsqqlq2ojz.png
Uh... Idun, are you okay? Your neck looks a little snapped there. It has that perpendicular angle going on.
She growled at me. I guess she's fine.

53_zpst7vctdh7.png
Welp!

54_zpspyojwtde.png
Is this an overkill?

55_zpsibkyd0j7.png
OVERKILL
Flawless victory!

56_zpskzzndfav.png57_zpscorntfpc.png58_zpsbvb3mowq.png
Down she goes...

After the opportunity to save the game as EPILOGUE...

60_zpsptywuvq9.png
She still lives!
So that wasn't an overkill before. Mm...
OVERPASSOUT
Eh. It doesn't have the same ring to it.

62_zpsjndnruz7.png

Can I just have one epic battle without a building collapsing on itself?!

63_zps5tihtjwa.png
Roy, hurry!

64_zpsbaafwwr8.png
He makes it!

65_zpsgckdonh0.png66_zpshbouaksy.png67_zps06jzhbuf.png
... I guess I just have to accept this as fact, huh?

70_zpszgoqiy22.png
So how will we restore Idun back to normal?

71_zps3ocny9iq.png72_zps9rgwwjhy.png73_zpso9ynlzff.png
Yay, Guinivere's on the throne.

75_zpskaqndthz.png76_zps5wxg914q.png
Dammit, Roy. I thought I supported you with Lilina.
But I mean, maybe FE6 is a game with open relationships. Wouldn't that be interesting?

79_zpsc6lbpjgj.png
Lilina respect points: +15
Reason: Did not get instantly jealous and/or mad even when Roy kept going on about Guinivere's beauty

82_zpsipprwgoh.png83_zpsbjqaaxpl.png84_zpsysmmy0tc.png
That sucks.

85_zpsvsnbzrqu.png
Yeah. Yeah! I think she'll be fine too. She's a nice, strong woman, willing to leave her people in order to fully help them in the end.
Lilina asks what Roy's going to do.

89_zpsene51i3w.png
But of course. He has to take care of his father and Pherae's reconstruction.

92_zpsu6vknh0h.png
Ohhhh?

93_zpsmpyp5nye.png94_zpsprt7ps0u.png
Opportunity lost!
Roy asks what Lilina is going to do.

96_zpstet13zcv.png97_zpsjhqupadk.png
Aw nuuuu

99_zpsrx757epo.png
!

101_zpsulyowai0.png
Marriages: 1/1
I know only Roy's support matters in terms of marriage or differing endings. I'm glad this got changed in the later games. I would eventually get bored with the protagonist only having differing endings (not even just marriages but just some variety).

103_zpsdflgkf0m.png104_zpsr23j9rgd.png105_zpsdm1wp4yf.png
GODDAMMIT, ROY
At least wait for her to finish. That's just being rude!

106_zpsplcrj1dn.png
This must be True Ending stuff.

110_zpsjgrqos2w.png
Beforehand, they talked about Fae and how she has been let outside more, hence she seems more energetic.
But this is what I really want to know.

111_zpsvkqjckow.png114_zpsfpxhpdgv.png
She may return to normal in due time. This is still a good start. Maybe the good, child heart of Fae will be good for her.

115_zpsgvmwxyab.png116_zpsai0jseg1.png117_zpsoexbvf7z.png
Wow. WOW. You didn't even fill me on this. Way to go, old man! Almost let the razing of Lycia happen!
Still, he does wonder if his past judgment was even correct. I would say no but I digress.

119_zpsewrpn4sf.png120_zpsdxp9pvnz.png
I may forgive you after you do restore Idun back to normal.

121_zpsi5mzeaft.png
Preferably in the form of a laugh, says the elder.
Hmm....

Meanwhile...

124_zpsaxnpqnne.png
This game has gone into auto-scroll mode. Hopefully I don't miss any screenshots even when I pause.
Fae is teaching Idun things like trees and fruit.

125_zps86srwace.png
As Fae shakes the tree, one of the fruits fell on her head.
Maybe Idun will laugh from some slapstick humor?

126_zpslkbpxbx5.png
Would you look at that!

130_zpsh8znegqz.png
Good news, everyone! Fae runs around Idun in utter bliss and runs off towards Arcadia.

132_zps7h37zcxz.png
A sandstorm comes briefly...

133_zpsmpa6cn0a.png
Getting reminded of Harmut and Roy? Or something else entirely?

134_zpss7xjiebf.png
Credit roll! Idun walks back to Arcadia.

135_zpsiddn5cu9.png
Our heroes who saved the realm!

136_zpsogo7ja8u.png137_zpslkrlsedb.png138_zpswyavgrtg.png139_zpshpt7hioy.png

140_zpstepoo7rp.png141_zps5vclbtt8.png142_zpsg1pzkglx.png143_zps3xqcbyzi.png

144_zpsoy2abpw7.png145_zpssrcyszen.png
Not much to say except... wow, Elphin got into 31 battles? I honestly don't recall how he got into that many battles.

146_zpsdmh4xkjt.png148_zps0c5uftis.png149_zpstcqmi7dw.png
And we also get some CGs interspersed between the credits.

150_zpsgwl3clrf.png
Aw man. I'm going to get too embarrassed from how shitty I played.
SKIPPING SKIPPING

151_zpsa4c1pb7a.png
EXP rank was to be expected. I still don't really know about Power...
But hey! An A rank, I guess!

152_zpsdwq8l3oe.png
They get generic endings? Can it be because they didn't participate in Chapter 24 and Final?
Mm... This is going to get rather boring. I'm going to show screenshots of the characters that participated in length throughout the journey. Let's see...

Shadow of Ostia Astore
Just as he came, Astore left as he pleased. After the war, he remained as House Ostia's spy for some time, doing his work efficiently and rarely getting noticed. One day, he left without saying a word.

Cheerful Flier Shanna
Shanna saw many battles on her journey with General Roy. This was proven enough experience for her to become knighted when she returned to her snow-covered home of Ilia. She lived a happy life and did not want for any other.

153_zps4lugd8zf.png
Ebony Lightning Zeiss
With Bern defeated and broken from the war, there was much that needed to repaired. Zeiss and his sister Milady worked together in the reparation effort. In his free time, Zeiss could be seen training hard to prove to the people most important to him that he was not a child anymore.

Serene Knight Lance
Lance was not from a long line of Pherean knights, but none could say he wasn't the utmost loyal. He worked hard to rebuild Pherae and did not stop until Pherae was stable. He remained a loyal knight until the end of his days.

154_zps27dl9vbz.png
Surly Myrmidon Rutger
Rutger talked little and allowed none to be privy to his life. There may have been some who cared for his disappearance, but he would not make it easy for them to find him.

157_zpsm6yn9im3.png
The end.

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Great Lord   16.61    51(+7) 23(+2)  25      23      27      11(+2)  20
Allen      Paladin      16.93    54     25      21      25      15      14       5
Lance      Paladin      13.04    50     17      20      25      13      11       6
Merlinus   Transporter   1.03    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Shanna     Falcoknight  13.01    42(+7) 15(+2)  23      28      26       9      12
Rutger     Swordmaster   9.03    47     18      29      25       7      10       6
Saul       Bishop       12.41    38     19      23      24       4       6      23
Lilina     Sage         19.11    38     30      14      22      20       6      23
Astore     Thief        18.12    32      8      10      18      11       8       4
Igrene     Sniper       13.48    43     18      19      19      11      12      10
Elphin     Bard         20.00    26      1       4      20      24       6       8
Geese      Berserker    11.16    55     23      18(+4)  19      16      14       3
Milady     Wyvern Lord  18.92    58     25      26      22      12      17       7
Zeiss      Wyvern Lord  10.08    50     25      23      16(+4)  10      17       4
Niime      Druid        20.00    27(+7) 21      20      16      15       5      19
Reset: 8
Lost: 5
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]
*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 10          Lilina                 Combat - Hand Axe Fighter
Chapter 14          Sophia                 Combat - Steel Lance Wyvern Rider
Chapter 14          Saul                   Combat - Steel Sword Mercenary
Chapter 15          Shanna                 Combat - Silver Bow Sniper
Chapter 16          Hugh                   Combat - Purge Bishop
Chapter 24          Fae                    Combat - Manakete

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Chapter 9           Shin                   Combat - Lilina
Chapter 15          Perceval               Unrecruited
Chapter 15          Garret                 Combat - Allen
Chapter 23          Karel                  Unrecruited

Edited by Dual Dragons

Upon going through the alternate file...

[spoiler='Alternate 12 - *Forblazing It*]
chap%2023%201_zpsdlytkuid.png
Doing a space-time rewind and not breaking the Durandal, Fir gets to talk to her uncle!

chap%2023%202_zps8erq4yyn.pngchap%2023%203_zpsydoodcox.png
How long has it been since you've seen your niece?

chap%2023%204_zpswdzyilpc.pngchap%2023%205_zpsg4db5tqe.pngchap%2023%206_zps3wgf3uc9.png
This is very odd coming from you, Karel. I met your FE7 incarnation first. He was a little... bloodthirsty, to say the least.

chap%2023%208_zps5mg7vjd9.pngchap%2023%2010_zpsxkebkmfh.pngchap%2023%2011_zpsknmf33yw.png
When again did you last see Fir?

chap%2023%2012_zps3zwgqei6.pngchap%2023%2013_zpsimjzafu8.pngchap%2023%2014_zpsux7tkkmk.png
God, Karel, why. What if I just want to recruit you, acknowledge you exist in my game, and have it be just that?

chap%2023%2015_zpsz9yxsbj7.pngchap%2023%2016_zps5r4u0otx.pngchap%2023%2017_zpsx5rr8rtk.pngchap%2023%2018_zpsmx1vasn0.png
She almost turned her sword on me just to help the people!

chap%2023%2019_zps7tvca4mv.pngchap%2023%2021_zpssbu9x3al.pngchap%2023%2022_zpsarazadcm.png
That's nice, I guess.

chap%2023%2023_zpsj9hnnnuv.png
Oh?

chap%2023%2024_zpslvababeu.pngchap%2023%2025_zpsg2co8m5h.png
Wow. Wow. That's quite a bit of time, Karel!
I'm surprised Fir even recognized that you were Karel. Perhaps got a tip off that you have been in this village for a long time?

chap%2023%2026_zpsfpgptmb9.pngchap%2023%2027_zpso3lfppux.png
A side-by-side comparison between Karel and Rutger. There is a major Speed and Resistance difference but overall similar. Simply by Rutger's nature (initial boss-killer), though, Karel is late on that and not even worth it. The rest of the game is dragons unless you have him participate in this chapter.
Too late to be useful is the final consensus.

chap%2023%2029_zpsjdxrjzp8.png
Also initiated the Karel/Fir support C for laughs.

chap%2023%2030_zpsvc6wgleb.pngchap%2023%2031_zpseyh1iiev.pngchap%2023%2032_zpsyzb3sbhj.png
Why not?

chap%2023%2033_zpsafbjdhvu.pngchap%2023%2034_zpsjphkudgb.pngchap%2023%2035_zpspj7fifls.png
... Ahahahahahaha! That's funny!
Right! He's so big and strong compared to Milady!

chap%2023%2037_zps9im1wiwi.png
Truly!

chap%2023%2038_zpsc7xekqfr.pngchap%2023%2039_zpswtbgdzkv.pngchap%2023%2040_zpsvco5hq2d.png
That's true. Fir should get as strong as Rutger when she has the chance.

chap%2024%201_zpsf7pivxwg.pngchap%2024%202_zps5vzudqun.png
Fruits of my labor <3

chap%2024%208_zpsjtcl3jmx.png
BEST ARMADS USER

In Final, we bring new people.

chap%2025%201_zpsksk6ylvx.pngchap%2025%202_zpstlw5cypf.pngchap%2025%203_zpstknc8wzt.pngchap%2025%205_zpsms4nqe0v.png
Neat.
But what's with that title for this part?

chap%2025%206_zpsgl9mhtlu.pngchap%2025%207_zpscmw67jba.png
FORBLAZE IT UP
This is even her first use of it! Clarine, why you crit so much on your first battles?

Question: what happens when I defeat Idun not with the Binding Blade?

chap%2025%209_zps70pcugav.pngchap%2025%2010_zpspbfk29xb.pngchap%2025%2011_zpsuidw3hfw.png
Death quote is the same.

chap%2025%2012_zpsetgupg3k.png
But this time, she's not there.

chap%2025%2013_zpscqwylgzu.pngchap%2025%2017_zpsatqoussp.pngchap%2025%2018_zpsztoab57p.png
The ending now doesn't include Idun in the slightest.

chap%2025%2020_zpszmhqwwbi.pngchap%2025%2021_zpspgtpa60n.pngchap%2025%2022_zpsqrbkfnz9.pngchap%2025%2023_zpss11w18uq.png
New endings for those that participated in the final battles.

chap%2025%2024_zpsra9r4t02.png
This image got changed from when it was the three Pegasus sisters. This CG must depend on if I took the Sacae or Ilia route.

chap%2025%2025_zps9scps0yw.png
I feel a bit bad for Tate. If only I didn't screw her over with the Sacae route requirement.

Wind Rider Tate
With experience in the war, Tate became the new Flightleader of her mercenary group. Through hard work and dedication, she was praised by her superiors and earned the respect of those who worked under her. Tate never let up on her duty.

The post-game commentary may take some time since I'll be as detailed as I can with my thoughts (and maybe provide summaries). If I can, I would also like to include images from the playthroughs to support what I'm saying--which means quite a bit of skimming around.

But with that being said, the LP section is officially over! Thanks a bunch for reading, everyone! Everyone's comments and posts made the game more enjoyable than if I was playing all by myself. :)

chap%2024%201_zpsf7pivxwg.pngchap%2024%202_zps5vzudqun.png

Fruits of my labor <3

Allen having S rank in 3 weapons? I call bullshit.

Also congratulations for completing the LP! I didn't really care for this game to be honest. It was basically one big miss compilation. At some points my survival was entirely luck-based. I took Lalum's route and travelled to Sacae.

My final team:

Roy

Fa

Lillina(Support for Roy)

Deke(Durandal)

Gonzales(Armads)

Lugh(Forblaze)

Elen(healer)

Shin(Mulgeris)

Raigh(Apocalypse)

Shanna(Maltet)

This was definitely a fun read! Also, lol@Alan.

Idoun is a joke. Even Veld is harder than her, and he can hve his weapons stolen!

Karel is good vs dragons since they're slow as hell, but besides that he's not very good. All of his growths except res I believe are over 100% though, lol.

Also, Niime's sounds a lot more like what Ray's quote would be. Huh.

Now time to get home fast so that I can finish up my LP.

Well done! Was a very enjoyable and fun read, and Allen's weapon ranks are pretty insanely impressive, as is Clarine getting S Anima.

FE6 is my favorite FE still, and hopefully you do decide to try HM soon (it's so worth it)

Allen having S rank in 3 weapons? I call bullshit.

Also congratulations for completing the LP! I didn't really care for this game to be honest. It was basically one big miss compilation. At some points my survival was entirely luck-based. I took Lalum's route and travelled to Sacae.

My final team:

Roy

Fa

Lillina(Support for Roy)

Deke(Durandal)

Gonzales(Armads)

Lugh(Forblaze)

Elen(healer)

Shin(Mulgeris)

Raigh(Apocalypse)

Shanna(Maltet)

Why yes! It's biased bullshit at its finest. A fine example being Allen and Milady mostly ROFLstomping Chapter 21.

Yeah, I'll discuss what points I liked and disliked about FE6.

Tentative team for future playthroughs:

Roy

Fae

Allen (Armads)

Milady (Durandal)

Lance/Tate (support/Maltet)

Lugh/Lilina (Forblaze)

Shin (Murgleis)

Niime(?) (Apocalypse)

Saul (healer)

This was definitely a fun read! Also, lol@Alan.

Idoun is a joke. Even Veld is harder than her, and he can hve his weapons stolen!

Karel is good vs dragons since they're slow as hell, but besides that he's not very good. All of his growths except res I believe are over 100% though, lol.

Also, Niime's sounds a lot more like what Ray's quote would be. Huh.

Now time to get home fast so that I can finish up my LP.

LINK ARENA BATTLE! DO IT! MAIN RUN VS ALTERNATE RUN, GO! Just don't use Miledy or Zeiss because they get slaughtered by holy weapons easily.

Thank you. :)

It's such a shame she is easily defeated. It kind of feels underwhelming. You went out of your way to get the legendary weapons but, at least in Normal Mode, you probably don't even need all the legendary weapons since the Manaketes are so weak.

I've heard about the growth rate thing about Karel--but he's still not worth it other than Speed. Doesn't help his case when he's a True End exclusive.

Not a clue, not a clue. I honestly didn't expect it out of her mouth, haha.

You get right on that, you 8)

I've been trying to figure this out. I would like to if I can. Would anyone happen to know how to do it? I got the VBA Link but thanks to my ineptitude the screens aren't linking.

Well done! Was a very enjoyable and fun read, and Allen's weapon ranks are pretty insanely impressive, as is Clarine getting S Anima.

FE6 is my favorite FE still, and hopefully you do decide to try HM soon (it's so worth it)

Thank you! :) I'm glad it was entertaining enough. Yeah, pretty much had been abusing Allen in Chapter 21 to get some ranks in. Clarine took Chapter 24, even using the reinforcement Manaketes to get S.

I've been thinking. I don't know if it would be another LP since there would be no real challenge or restriction (I guess blind to Hard Mode?). Just need to get through some of my backlog first!

Well you final did it. Good run. You managed to have almost the same team I had on my first successful run of the game.

Also, for the link arena, just do practice mode against a cpu, it still works pretty good.