Let's Play Fire Emblem: Binding Blade [blind-ish]

Dual Dragons

Endings  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should I aim for the best ending?

• Yes - know about a chapter having a gaiden requirement and figure out on own
    • Yes - hint about requirement
    • No

Personally I feel telling units strong and weak growths are spoilers. Just my opinion though.

Also at this point I think you should only include the unit stats of those who aren't going to the bench.

Edited by momogeek2141

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=gabethegreen]

Is the first stat booster always the hp ones in these games XD

Now that I think about it... that actually might be the case. Actually never realized that. Haha.

[spoiler=Howard the Duck]

That Lott might be blessed in str lol.

If you think NM Rutger's a pain, you'll LOVE HM Bonuses Rutger who could ORKO A non-lance equipped Marcus,

No, please, Howard. Don't scare me.
I didn't think Rutger was a pain. Just that I'm doing a LP so restarting was a pain in the sense of making more commentary and screenshots. But it's all for your guys' entertainment so not too miffed. I'll be happy if you guys liked me restarting two times, haha.
Though that HM Rutger. Holy shit. From a Myrmidon! Just... why?! XD

My sort of "pain" is Stefan in FE9 or FE10--the most exact kind of recruitment. Or the FE11 Gaiden chapter recruitment. Even Karla because Bartre has never been that great of a unit for me.

[spoiler=momogeek2141]

Dat Shanna too OP.

Personally I feel telling units strong and weak growths are spoilers. Just my opinion though.

Also at this point I think you should only include the unit stats of those who aren't going to the bench.

Dis Shanna is the best Shanna.

It is but if people want to spoil me and complain later that I'm not "blind-ish" anymore, it won't be my fault. I'd just rather not crack the whip on people like some do in their blind playthroughs. That to me is very excessive. I speak more about YouTube but I've seen a couple or so people who banned others because of posting spoilers. It rubbed me the wrong way because, sure, people should have some restraint if they want to be entertained by a blind playthrough, but it shouldn't be that much of a punishment.

But hey, I'm still having fun despite spoilers here or there. :D

Ah, that's a good suggestion. Thanks! I'll do that starting now.

[spoiler=The Taninator]

Shanna / Thany got strength four times in a row. LOL! In my hard mode run she didn't get one single point till level 8 the point I benched her.

Clarine's level up was kinda typical. Don't expect to see that often a level up point in magic.

Rutger is GOD in hard mode. Though in normal mode he still kicks ass.

That sucks. Yes, I'm counting all my blessings with this Shanna. She's even slaying things with just a Slim Lance.

Dang it. And I really like Troubadours.

I'm hearing all these things of Rutger. Sounds like he is a god among men.

[spoiler=Draco]

Spoilers: Chad is surprisingly THWOMPy

Chad will intensify.

So after that episode, I think we should continue to Ostia again.

[spoiler=Chapter 5 - *Latecomer Reinforcements*]
1_zpsf178c251.png
Maybe not the last marquess that's going to either.

2_zps5a095635.png
Sometimes you can't even trust your friends or family, let alone one part of a continent.
But it's good to know you're learning fast, Roy.

4_zps7db42a3b.png
So very... generic.

5_zpscdaba2ec.png
At this mountain pass, a toll gate?! Nefarious!

7_zpsfce53044.png
The village is getting taxed by bandits?
I am coming to end your unnecessary taxation, citizens of a village!

Seems we're right outside their door. The boss?

12_zps9295d8ca.png
Guess he didn't get the memo that anyone who opposed us has been: a) slaughtered or, b) hired into our army.

17_zps332d5bab.png
More EXP opportunity? Gladly.

21_zpsa77127bb.png
Merlinus, opting for the no EXP route. I'll not be having this argument with you, old man. I say we go.

25_zpse9093860.png
Thank you, helpful citizen. I may do just that.

28_zps51493f97.png
Map start!

As per usual, going to be checking enemy stats and composition:

29_zps695e941d.png
All the Brigands have Hand Axes which, while annoying, does means that a unit like Rutger, Roy, or even Chad will dodging everything. This one had the best stats.

30_zpsa187f7ed.png31_zps94d13d59.png
There are some Mercenaries and Nomads here as well. While these two don't have the best stats, they have the highest AS.

33_zpsa6b4000e.png
Now here's a curious sight. The first enemy Mage and only one of them. He can be threatening by virtue of attacking Resistance, which some of my units have absolutely 0 in. He's just holding a Fire tome.

37_zps06a01da0.png
There are also Fighters.

38_zps364e1152.png39_zps6c8e41e0.png
The general make-up of this map seems to go for class-saturated areas. Each section has a predominant enemy class. Guess it makes it easy for the player to do switch-ins.

35_zpscfc488cc.png36_zpse17c1eac.png
The boss, Dory. Threatening Strength, okay-ish Speed, and decent-ish defenses. Now what's he got carrying on him?

34_zps7512c4bd.png
OH JEEZ
Go up to this guy without checking the weapon and I might have been wrecked. First enemy with a Killer that doesn't go on my team.
One of my personal strategies is to have him switch to the Hand Axe, but the hit rate of ranged weaponry in this game plummeted so even this guy could probably dodge them.
Oh man. This isn't good. I haven't set up any Supports except for Lot/Wade so... hopefully death doesn't come to me this early.

Now the old man said I can use this gate to get to the castle quicker. Good for LTC if you can handle the incoming wave of Hand Axe Brigands, the nearby Nomads, the Mercenary, and the Mage there to snipe at you.

42_zpsa0a0aef3.png
But there is this village and I do want to know what's there. Might as well stop by the Vendor and see its inventory.

So it looks like I'll be taking the long way--or doing a split up. It would be counterintuitive for Roy to go around when he has to Seize. He might even get some Brigand kills.

Now how should I split up the team? Roy should be one leader and I suppose I can assign Rutger the other. Oh, and by advantage of being a flyer, Shanna has an opportunity to go solo.

Team Roy - Deke, Bors, Elen, Lugh, Marcus, Lot, Wade, Wolt
Team Rutger - Clarine, Allen, Lance, Chad, Shanna* (if she can't go solo)
Flyer - Shanna
Packmule - Merlinus

Roy has priority over the slower-moving units that might help break through the incoming waves. Rutger is closer to the east passage and so will lead his faster-moving units for massive slaughtering.
While I would have Shanna fly to the Mercenary-concentrated area, there are Nomads right there to stop her.

The itinerary has been made. Commence operation!

Shanna heads on over to Merlinus to withdraw a Slim and Iron before taking a break on the peak.
Roy walks towards the gate.
Marcus visits the closest house. It's just some guy who witnessed the attack at Araphan. He even saw the dragons. That's a once-in-a-lifetime moment, I would say.

Marcus waits at the next house.
Merlinus moves southwest.
Elen takes the Heal from the convoy.
Everyone is splitting up.

47_zpsdf73b925.png
Marcus is about four spaces south of Roy. West Fighter is Lot. North Cavalier is Allen.

Without the gate being opened, the enemy is heading eastward. A Fighter annoys me as he gets in the fort I want to occupy.

Something's happening at the north village but it plays the theme with Merlinus/Serra. It's a bit lighter than FE7's. Not too bad.
But what's going on here?

49_zps47fe38c2.png
Um... Dorothy? I hate to ask you this but... are your eyes lop-sided or is that just me?
Is it me? They look off.

50_zps384fb8f5.png
Dorothy. Saul. Yoder.
Unlike Lugh's bishop, they have names. They must be of some importance. Guess I have to visit the village to figure out why.

Dorothy's looking for Saul--

53_zps1a3932e6.png
Oh there he is.

55_zpsba059ee9.png
Aaaaand there's our obligatory womanizer. I think.

59_zps0dc4dfeb.png
He just doesn't want to admit he got shut down.

61_zpsbc92f190.png62_zps85acec9b.png
In Fire Emblem, there's really no such thing as open relationships. So yeah, it's kind of bad here, Saul.

63_zps50d7febf.png
He really means, "offer my helping hand to any girl's butts in need of my fondling."

Dorothy has some news to tell him.

67_zps1ac31f67.png68_zps8b308f9a.png69_zps72e4cf07.png
Does that mean Elen is reporting us to the St. Elimine Church? Sneaky woman.

71_zps6ee21f5a.png
Saul wants to join us but Dorothy knows what's really up.
Any reason is good with me if you two are actual units in the game.

I wasn't able to capture it in time but Dorothy and Saul leave to the east. I saw a Monk but I think Dorothy was an Archer? They left Yoder all by him lonesome in the village.
So I suppose I get a new unit... whatever Yoder is. Sure!
Means I gotta hurry to that village.

73_zps5534bb26.png
Turn 2 northern enemy placement

Brigands are heading eastward, thus towards the village to wreck some shit up. I must prevent this.
First order of business is getting that Fighter off of my fort.
Allen doesn't have enough Speed so it looks like Chad, Lance, and/or Rutger will need to get rid of this guy. Alright then.

Lance swoops to the Fighter's east and lays two smacks while dodging the counter.
Chad misses! He parries but darn! Fighter's not dying unless Allen can hit with a Javelin. That's very unlikely at a 29 hit chance.
Instead, Allen runs up to the Fighter's west and has the Fighter fall off my fort. My fort now!
Rutger smirks with his now 48 avoid. We have now choked this point.

Roy goes up to the gate...

75_zpse9144016.png
Thanks!

76_zpsa9d0a4c0.png
You have a castle that's like... what... 7 spaces from the gate. How did you not notice?
You didn't use this gate to be toll gate?
Bandits = idiots. The perfect money opportunity, squandered.

This newly opened gate gives two new plains tiles. Can't choke this point with just one unit.
A little sad fact: Mage does 8 damage. Roy's levels gave him 4 Res. And Roy is still at base Def.

Oi.

I plant Deke to Roy's south. Maybe they have a Support or something, I don't know. Together they choke this point.
Lugh moves in closer so he sling fireballs at enemies.
Merlinus also goes towards Roy's group.
I have Shanna move south in the case she can murder the Mage and Mercenary. A little risky since Brigands are right there but they carry crap accuracy Hand Axes. It might work out.
Lot moves to Lugh's south.
Marcus visits the west house. Merlinus will take the house Marcus was on next turn.

A woman here tells me the benefits of being a Brigand or Pirate.

79_zpsb1da3583.png
The problem with that statement is that this is Fire Emblem AI. As long as you aren't dumb enough to keep attacking them on the mountain or peak, more than likely, they will come down to attack you.
And then get slaughtered for their incompetence.
Now Swordmasters on thrones or in castles--you know, the places I need to Seize--on the other hand...

Marcus waits.
Wade moves to Elen's north.

Turn 2 ends as thus:
80_zps975014e1.png81_zps50c696ca.png

Fighter goes for Rutger. The fool will always miss. Rutger whittles him down to 3 HP.
Mercenary does 2 damage to Allen. Allen whacks him down to half health.
Mercenary does 11 damage to Roy(!!). This Mercenary is weighed down by his Steel Blade so Roy doubles him.
lolFighter and a Hand Axe can't throw shit at Rutger.
Hand Axe Fighter fails to hit Allen.
Hand Axe Brigand misses Roy.
A Hand Axe Brigand parks himself on a peak and tosses one Hand Axe at Roy, missing my Lord.
A Hand Axe Brigand manages to hit Roy. Roy's down to 5 HP.
Mage manages to toast some of Deke.
Dang it! Nomads saw the combat at the gate and are heading south. Now Shanna can't fly to the Mage and take him out.

Turn 3
83_zpsa86f1e40.png90_zpsac7514bb.png

This Mage is going to be thorn in my side. I do want to get rid of him this turn but the Nomads are coming so it's not safe for Shanna to fly by and kill. Roy's also a little worse for wear. Will need to get him patched up.
If I could get rid of Mercenary and Brigand blocking the way in, I could plant Marcus right in front of the Nomads but I won't count on that plan.

Elen heals Roy. First Heal break!
Wade rescues Elen.
Lugh steams the Mercenary.
Roy's not been doing so good with his Speed increases. Looks like it's a job for Deke. Deke murders the Brigand. It's also Deke's first level up in a long time.

85_zps49d27505.png
He got Speed and Defense last time. Not too bad for two level ups altogether, I would say.

We've cleared the way for Marcus!

86_zpsf4446ed6.png
Now those Nomads won't bother me for a while.

Shanna's has been so blessed with Strength that she can take out this Mage with her Slim Lance. My god, Shanna. This also means she keeps her full avoid from the Brigands. She lays the smackdown on the Mage with no injuries.
Roy stabs the south Brigand with no difficulties.
Lot misses the Brigand and dodges. Looks like I won't be killing him this turn.
Bors takes and drops Ellen.
Might as well have Wolt take a free shot at the Brigand. They both miss.
Merlinus visits the last house, which talks about forts.

88_zps2a5916e7.png
Crap. This is an indication that reinforcements are on this map, right? Maybe even ambush spawns.
Crap.

Merlinus moves one space north.

On the other side, Chad takes out the weakened Fighter. 7 EXP from leveling.
Allen finally is able to double a unit. Allen kills with no complications.
Rutger takes off after the Fighter. He doesn't kill but he does dodge.
Lance tries his hand at tossing a Javelin at the Mercenary. He slays.

89_zpsbd1d3bd9.png84_zps8cf8c280.png
Clarine goes to switch Lance to his Iron Sword and plants herself on the fort. Hopefully the dodgetank commences.

Allen doesn't dodge 26 hit. Steel Axe Fighter gets weighed down so much that Allen doubles and has perfect accuracy for a swift death. He's 11 EXP from leveling.
I'm not sure why enemies prioritize Chad over Clarine but Chad dodges a Hand Axe to the face.
Hand Axe Brigand misses Roy.
Another Hand Axe Brigand misses Roy. Brigand's now on a peak.
Third Hand Axe Brigand misses Roy and still on peak.

91_zpsd6ca1c5f.png92_zpsc289f5ee.png
Let's chop us some peak Brigands and Fighters, shall we?

Deke is able to hit once at the north peak Brigand and dodges an oncoming counter.
I have Marcus weakened the Brigand south of him without any issue.
Roy stabs the south peak Brigand and moves out of the way of an attack.
Lugh has himself a Brigand barbeque. Lugh levels up.

93_zpse3484089.png
Considering enemies right now have poor Res, more Def I guess is good for Lugh.

Lot and the north peak Brigand have a Hand Axe battle. Neither hit.
Shanna has enough damage with a Slim Lance to kill the south peak Brigand. She has double 41 chance. Does an attack connect? Yes! First strike even. That's a Shanna level up as well.

94_zpsbc0bddd0.png
Seems like balance is restored. Also a weapon rank increase.

I'm hoping that Brigand will keep going for Roy so he doesn't head further back into the peaks. Let's leave them for now and see to Rutger's group.
The woman warned me about forts but I'm not certain if the forts that I'm occupying now hold reinforcements. If so, I should have Clarine and Chad be far away before they explode.

Chad rushes into the forest and quickly ends the Fighter. That's a wrap for Chad's third level!

95_zpsdabe1933.png
Oh boy. First five-stat increase. Nice, Chad!

Neither Rutger nor Lance can kill a Fighter on their own. Allen can't double the Iron Axe Fighter. I'm giving priority to that one since he also holds a Hand Axe.

Lances goes first. He suffers a 36 hit blow to the head but he sets up the Fighter for a Rutger kill.
Allen sits his butt onto the fort.
Rutger kills. Level up for Rutger!

96_zpsd354c7fb.png
To be fair, his Luck is terrible.

While I want Clarine to heal, she would not be on the fort anymore and I'm prioritizing that.

That leaves us with these positions:
97_zpsd7ba0768.png98_zpsf4fd2c4a.png

Fighter wants a piece of Chad. He'll never get that. Chad swipes at the Fighter for 18 total damage.
Hand Axe Brigand goes for Roy as anticipated. Still not hitting Roy.
Allen heals for a little.

Turn 5
99_zps845aa0ed.png100_zps32734d97.png

There's a fort southwest. I want that. First, I need to take care of this pesky peak Brigand.

Lot tries his hand again at the Brigand from a distance. They both miss.
Deke is able to hit once again.
Lugh finally incinerates that Brigand to death. I ridded myself of those Brigands.
Now Marcus can take the fort.

Elen heals Roy.

I'm shifting to the other side for a moment. Allen goes ahead and takes the Fighter kill because he is leveling up from this.

102_zpse9f4b076.png
More Skill. Okay.

Rutger goes into the west forest to draw out that Mercenary.
Chad occupies the fort.
Lance goes for the village.

Back to Roy's side. Roy blocks the passage and stabs at the Nomad for good measure.
Should I risk having Shanna kill the Nomad with her Javelin? Nope. Even if she did kill, a Mercenary could fill in the spot and a Nomad could shoot her back, a chance of a reset.

We have our new positions:
104_zpsdb7597fd.png 105_zps0dcf11ce.png

Hand Axe Fighter will always miss Rutger.

106_zps11905192.png
This Mercenary didn't move. Huh.

Allen moves himself next to Clarine so Clarine doesn't have to leave the fort to heal him.
I have Lance go ahead and soften the Fighter up. Fighter lands a 23 hit attack.

107_zps1474521f.png
Crit-kills-s-s

Lugh gets a definite kill on the Nomad. 14 EXP from a level up, too.
Roy will steel himself in front of the Mercenary as Dory will switch to his Hand Axe most likely.
Let's catch the attention of the Nomads using Marcus.
Wade will occupy the fort.
Elen heals Deke.
Deke moves to Marcus' east.
Shanna soars to Deke's south.
Lot stomps his way to Lugh's west.

Ending turn's results:
108_zpsdd5245fd.png109_zps4e0bb887.png

Dory does go for Roy. What a sucker.

110_zps962bfd8e.png111_zpsf0ab24e6.png
I would see if you kept your Killer Axe on you. Therefore, I will not see.

Roy dodges Dory's boomerang axe.
Mercenary stabs Roy while Roy thrusts back.
Nomad takes the Marcus bait. 3 measly damage to Marcus.

113_zpsc27f5b3e.png
That Mercenary still didn't move up there. I wonder if there is something of importance? Maybe... with Chad? Maybe something like desert items?
Let's go see!

Rutger slashes twice without damage.
This Mercenary has a crit chance with Lance or Rutger. Problem is that Lance's pretty low on HP. While he does have a better chance of killing the Mercenary with an Iron Sword, I also don't want to risk the chance that the RN is too high and the Mercenary hits back. Well, even with the Iron Lance's lower hit, Lance is able to kill the Mercenary. Phew! He's 15 EXP away from leveling.

Deke takes out the Nomad no problem. Let's have Deke draw out that other Nomad. That means I should end my turn so Roy won't kill on enemy phase.
Elen heals Shanna.
Allen takes over the fort.

Roy dodges Dory.
Roy doesn't dodge Mercenary. He swipes back.
Nomad takes the Deke bait. 5 measly damage.

Turn 8
115_zpse5316bb7.png

Chad's closing in on that Mercenary spot. This may be stupid but I just wonder why the Mercenary didn't move at all.
Lance visits the village and...

118_zps9584cbeb.png
Huh? Where's Yoder?

119_zps0a5638f2.png
Is he of importance?

120_zps14c58860.png
Okay...

121_zps7ce3d161.png
I... okay. Gant's Lance? What's that? That's new to me.

122_zps0c391742.png
Trades 5 hit for 2 more damage, though it will weigh Allen or Lance down until they promote.
No crit chance. No range but 1. Just describes as "Wielded by Gant" so can't even tell if it's something like a Brave Lance.
But holy crap it has 50 uses! That's absurd!
If Allen or Lance were promoted, it's like a slightly less accurate but more powerful Iron Lance with no AS penalty. Cool, I guess. I'll keep it.

But now I'm concerned about Yoder. I didn't see him leave with Dorothy and Saul. I feel like he's a recruitable person since he's named.
I wonder if this is something like the Stefan and Vague Katti event in FE9. Saul, Dorothy, and Yoder were talking about the St. Elimine Church and Elen is a disciple from Elimine, so maybe visit that village with Elen?
I hope that wasn't the case. I have an inkling of suspicion that Yoder may be required to get Dorothy and Saul later.
Maybe I'm wrong. Oh well.

Lugh kills the Mercenary. Level up!

123_zpsef3e7509.png
Mage on wheels!

I fumble with my controls again and had Deke wait when I wanted him to take out the Nomad. I know I'm dumb.
Shanna switches to her Slim Lance and encounters the Mercenary. No damage on counter. Why? Because it should break the Slim Lance when this Mercenary dies and the other comes in. Also, Lugh can get that kill.
I'm not risking Shanna getting shot down so I must have Marcus take the Nomad kill. A shame, I know, but better than to restart.
Rutger's heading east.
Roy moves out of the way.
Elen heals Roy.

124_zpsf43a2fe2.png125_zps96caec48.png
I forget to screenshot new positions. Left is taken during enemy phase and right after.

Dory misses Marcus.
Mercenary kills himself on Shanna.

Shanna breaks her 2-use Slim Lance on the last Mercenary.
Lugh kill-steals.

Does that Mercenary spot I'm curious about have actual relevance?
Apparently not. So that Mercenary was just a dummy AI that Intelligent Systems put so that new players like me would be wary of.
Or have new players like me just not know that it has no relevance and fool me to step on it thinking I can get something.
Oh well.

The Vendor
127_zps3347bb4c.png

I probably could do with another Heal. A few Door Keys shouldn't hurt either. I buy one Heal and three Door Keys, making my total to be 7010G.

So. Dory. With Roy's lack of Speed procs, he's unable to double Dory. Dory has a total of 10 Def and 4 Res. 8 Speed with no way to lower it.
Probably good for the likes of Rutger if I can avoid ever encountering the Killer Axe.
Yeah I guess I can do that.

I'll probably have to do some Rescue-ferrying. I'll be fast-forwarding while Deke and Roy take a stab at Dory and I Rescue-Drop them out of danger.

128_zpsdd529a15.png
Elen got this while staffabusing. Good stuff.

129_zpsafd9a091.png
Um
What
I'm sorry
NOW THERE'S REINFORCEMENTS?
Turn 12 enemy phase reinforcements. Brigands with Hand Axes.
Fuck you, game! I will not be insulted like that!

130_zps0c6a3a28.png
Okay. Really, Roy. More Res? Still base Def?
I'm very confused with you.

131_zps04ccd4f4.png
Nuh uh. I'm done with this map!

132_zpsa0b6b81f.png
Go away

133_zps5a3d3d12.png
Agh

134_zps747dc5aa.png
Go away

135_zpse5f1fc26.png
Grah!

136_zpsb7ffbcba.png 137_zps2a098d35.png
Your death should stop the reinforcements.
Good

Not like the enemies are hard but really, Intelligent Systems? Did they expect for me to send Roy around the map when Seize is in play? That's time-consuming and not necessary.
Turn 12 enemy phase reinforcements. Really. If Rutger was over here, I wouldn't even have seen those reinforcements.
Curse you, Intelligent Systems.

138_zps095078c7.png
I'LL TAKE IT

Fine. While they're here, I'll take the extra EXP. Another turn later.

139_zps3e38ad36.png
Am I seeing this right? Did reinforcements STILL come out when there's no boss?
No. No. I'm done. Even if not all Brigands die this turn, I'm done.

With Shanna's help, Chad takes down a Brigand.

140_zps2ee45b57.png
Good level up.

I'm out of there. Oi.

142_zps2da7d208.png
Um... why is the close to victory theme still playing?
Oh good. Perhaps this is Yoder. Please take me away from this reinforcement hellhole.

145_zps07fdbbcd.png
Wait. Saul?
But...
But Saul and Dorothy went east.
This castle is to the west...
I don't... I don't even...
How?

148_zps43550333.png
From close to victory theme to I-feel-like-someone's-dying theme.
I want to know where the Fire Emblem is too. It was mentioned in FE7 but we never saw it.

Guinivere took the Fire Emblem with her. Why did she do that? Ultimate power should be mine!

152_zps5f13f56c.png
Okay...?

154_zpsc62e3d75.png155_zps9364e945.png
Well if the "Binding Blade" is any indication of its purpose, I would say it has something to do with sealing or binding. Don't know what to seal or bind but seal or bind it does.

Guinivere says that Zephiel worried that the Fire Emblem would fall into enemy's hands. What sort of information can we extrapolate from that?

157_zps0ef53262.png158_zps0d32f6c9.png
I... kind of fail to understand how that would have stopped him. Either he was going to negotiate with someone to return the Fire Emblem or he was going to violently kill every citizen in sight in order to find it, is what I'm guessing.
More than likely, it was going to be the latter.
Maybe I'm missing something here.

160_zps54e3a4cd.png
She has a plan but she's hiding it even from us.
You tease me, woman.

161_zps5bcefc37.png
Sure, but for the sake of every girl here since we're not "open relationship" Fire Emblem, please keep your hands to yourself.

So the Fire Emblem has come into the plot. Why won't Guinivere tell us what plan she has?
Can I finally get to Ostia now that we've had two detours? I hope so.

I've told the units that I don't plan to use to stop recording their progress for my chart. They can still shout to me on the battlefield their gaining knowledge. Those of most importance currently come up to me to tell me what they have learned for this day...

Class          Lv     HP     S/M     Skl     Spd     Lck     Def     Res

Roy        Lord          8.04    25      8       9      10       8       5       5
Allen      Cavalier      7.16    26     10       7       8       6       7       0
Lance      Cavalier      5.85    24      6       8      11       3       6       0
Merlinus   Transporter   1.00    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Elen       Cleric        6.18    18      3       7       9      11       0       8
Deke       Mercenary     7.53    27     10      12      11       6       7       1
Lot        Fighter       5.69    31      9       6       8       2       4       1
Shanna     Peg Knight    7.53    19      8       9      16      11       6       6
Chad       Thief         5.00    19      6       5      14       8       3       0
Lugh       Mage          7.16    19      5       8       9       6       5       7
Clarine    Troubadour    2.54    16      2       5       9       9       2       5
Rutger     Myrmidon      5.69    23      7      12      13       3       5       0       

Reset: 2
[spoiler=Death-Reset Table]

*DEATH*

[*deaths* meaning a game over character goes down; 0 so far!]

*RESET*

Chapter 4           Wade                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4           Lugh                   Ambush spawn - Rutger
Edited by Dual Dragons

My response is in the open so everyone can see.
[spoiler=The Taninator]

Momogeek mentioned rightly that unit's descriptions are spoilers for a first time player.

So I want you to ask first, if these "spoilers" are ok for you?

I would prefer no spoilers pretty much overall, but "spoilers" can be restrictive as "don't tell me one single thing about this game or even hint at anything." I'll just say try to limit yourselves on saying things like character growths, recruitment time and method, story, secret shops, and item locations.

It's fair game to tell me information pertaining to things I missed in posted chapters or stuff specific to HM. After this playthrough, I'll probably go through SF's FE6 page so no need to restrict people on that front. Things like "that character is bad/decent/good" or "that map has a ton of reinforcements," I think, is pretty vague enough for me. It's more hinting than outright telling me anything.

If this makes any sense? tl;dr: "Limit yourselves on anything too specific but hinting is okay. Missing content in posted chapters and HM information is fair too."
[spoiler=momogeek2141]

Hee hee, hearing you make so many blind assumptions is what makes a blind playthrough really fun to watch.

It's good to know it's working. Haha.

*This had to be split into two parts. A good chunk of this one is pre-Battle Prep and Battle Prep. It ends around the start of Turn 7. I have the rest of the chapter formatted so second post is coming in real quick.

I would think now that we are actually getting to Ostia. Do we?

[spoiler=Chapter 6-1 - *Permanent Two Deployment Slot Use?*]
1_zpsab281153.png
I didn't even see Dorothy in the last cutscene but okay, game, if you say I got her.

3_zps912be52f.png
Hold the phone! Hector has a half-bro?!
Was this guy ever mentioned in FE7? I know Uther but Orun seems completely new to me.

4_zpsd89169bf.png
Not going to be a safe place, of course.

5_zps4b62711a.png
Orun's a bad dude?
Hector's dead.
Uther's dead.
If Orun's a bad bro, means I gotta put him down, meaning he's also going to be dead.
Man, we're just killing Ostia's bloodline left and right, aren't we?--
Wait, not Lilina too!

6_zpsc4592491.png7_zpsadf4464b.png8_zpse5098872.png9_zpsee979832.png10_zpsdbde9b41.png
...huh? Wait. What.
Did we just skip the chapter title screen?
These multiple screenshots are me being bewildered as it's doing this scrolling overview without a chapter title screen.

11_zps44518b83.png
Oh. Okay. That was weird.

Hang on a second. Let me get the chapter title.

12_zps3f31b6f6.png
There you go.
I think "Ensnared" sounds about right. I'm honestly confused.
Legitimately confused.
I feel trapped not knowing what the heck was that.

11_zps44518b83.png
Let's get back to this screen. Looks like we finally have a Battle Prep screen. Awesome.
That little Battleground map is a nice touch. I like it. It kind of reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles.
Also, red's one of my favorite colors. Background gets bonus points.

13_zpsfbc4b5f4.png
That "PRESS START" amuses me for some reason. I can't put my finger on it.
Anyways, so I get 10 units.

14_zpse263bae6.png
Hey. Merlinus is among the roster.

15_zpsde2829bb.png

16_zps232624f0.png

17_zpsf9b2d2af.png

18_zpsf54dae9b.png
Merlinus... takes up... a unit slot.
The packmule, my convoy, a unit that can't attack... needs... to be deployed.
To be able to send items to my convoy if I get full because I unlock chests, pick up dropped items, or steal, I need to deploy Merlinus as one of my deployment slots.
Even though I don't know how to level him up.
Okay. Fine. I'll play ball, game.
It's not like Intelligent Systems hasn't had a history of differing gameplay mechanics in Fire Emblem.
I think I just need to accept that this Merlinus deployment thing is a... FE6 differing gameplay mechanic.
Yeah. Sure. If I accept it like that, it might not be so bad.
Only thing is is that this Merlinus deployment thing would certainly be more bearable if I wasn't doing this game blind-ish.
Because I don't know if this map for example has chests for me to plunder.
Okay. Sure.

Before I select units, let me check the map.

19_zps8a312ca6.png
Okay. Finally get an indoor map. But--

20_zpsbf570cb2.png
Oh.

21_zpse6c379d2.png22_zpsea241cbb.png
Ohh.

22_zpsea241cbb.png23_zpsa5e063ae.png24_zpsd903064b.png
Ohhhh.
It's going to be one of those maps, huh?
Maps where I don't get to see what's in all the buildings until I unlock them. Making those Door Keys I bought last map useful.
Also meaning I can't determine if I should bring Merlinus or not because I can't tell if there are chests in those buildings.

As much as it sounds like I'm griping, I'll try to be positive and receptive to the idea. I'm new to FE6. Let me play the game and judge it and I'll see if Merlinus is/was a dumb mechanic or not.
It is Normal Mode, after all. It's not like FE7's HHM The Berserker chapter when it comes to deployment slots.
Because that was dumb. Very dumb.

So the layout of this map is about unlocking doors it seems. Getting to the actual throne is a pretty short distance away but, hey, I don't know the real gimmick of this map. Last map's castle was a short distance away but I had to split up if I wanted to get to the castle and the village in a decent amount of time.
Seems to be the same case this time.

26_zpsc234b5ef.png
While Soldiers would mean feeding ground for the likes of Lot and Shanna, we've also got Mercenaries, Mages, and Knights.

27_zps9a01c9c0.png28_zpsf3890a18.png29_zps8f7a07c7.png30_zpsa8876502.png
Mercenaries should probably be countered by Lance, Allen, and Shanna.
Soldiers should be no problem.
A couple or so of these Mages are holding Thunder tomes. Lance, who has 0 Res and low Luck together, might get himself killed by a crit if unlucky. Shanna and, surprisingly, Roy will be enough for those guys.
Lugh, Lot with a Hammer, and a sword-wielder with the Armorslayer are my only means to get rid of the Knights efficiently.

31_zpsc5b27295.png32_zpsc4b4a564.png33_zps7e48ffde.png
This is the boss, Wagner. Apparently it's not Orun that's the bad guy but this one. A Shaman with Flux.
I have bad memories of Shamans. FE7's pirate ship chapter being a reason why.
That boss had a Luna tome. I hate Luna.
FE7's HHM Cog of Destiny is another good reason to hate Shamans/Druids. They have Luna.
Despite what I'm saying above, I have a gleeful smile on my face that says, "I will take such relish murdering this man."
Nothing really personal, Wagner, but I hate GBA enemy Shamans/Druids.

Now I can trade items, put away/take out stuff from the convoy, and pick my team.

34_zps0a5c3a92.png
I notice this function in the Trade option.
I can buy basic weapons and items like a Heal staff here--but at, what it seems to be, x1.5 of the original price (basing off of the original 600G Heal going to 900G).
I remember there was a Sell option in FE7 but not an Armory option. I don't have good vibes coming from an inclusion of an Armory option. It makes me think there are limited shops throughout the game.
For now, I don't need to purchase anything but thought I would point it out.

I've done a little bit of depositing into the convoy, little bit of switching inventories around, all the while Lugh took up another Fire tome.

Now to pick units.

35_zpsa4679fb1.png
I'm thinking these people will be good. Allen, Lance, and Shanna can serve as Rescue-Drop or Rescue-ferry units and Rutger's kind of there just to get some EXP if he can while also maybe supporting with Clarine.

Which is another thing I'm missing: the Oracle, or whatever the option was called. Not so much on the fortune of the map to know what to do but the Support Log. I can assume that the Support Log would be unlocked upon completing the game but I'm doing this completely fresh. I can only take a stab at who supports with who.
Guess I'll have to do without it.

36_zpsd9b8a543.png
Going back to the map, I thought at first you couldn't change the position of units. There are none of those blue tiles like in the newer games.

37_zps01d1f19e.png
But you apparently can if you press A over a unit. I find it interesting how many changes there were between FE6 and FE7, including things as simple as the blue tiles to indicate units can be switched around.
It does show its age in that regard but it's not particularly a bad thing. I think how FE7 and beyond did include the blue tiles shows that Intelligent Systems does learn from time to time what can make the next game better gameplay-wise.
Heck, wasn't it FE6 that finally included the directional arrow so you can actually pick a path unlike the FE1 and FE4 "here's your range of movement now pick a square and we'll automatically make a path"?
Just my thoughts on the subject.

40_zpsc85f5ef5.png
Here's what I've decided for positions. Allen will take the left path and Lance will the storm the hall on the right. Chad's starting on the right for doors and chests, if there are any. For Door Key distribution, Chad's got two, Allen one, and Merlinus may need to follow Allen so he can withdraw the other.
Shanna, Rutger, Lugh, and Lot will accompany Roy through the middle path to clear out the Mages, Soldiers, and Knights. I'm hoping that Clarine can stick with this group too.
I've already supplied Allen and Lance with three Vulneraries for the nearly solo missions they have to take.

Let's start!

41_zpsbdedd125.png
...er. I thought you could start from here. I guess not? Pressing Start just makes the mini-map pop up.

42_zps69c7e024.png
Pressing Start here doesn't do it either. Huh.
The conveniences you had in the later games. Who would have thought it?

Now let's go!

44_zpsb106cbf8.png
Um. Uh.
Huh.
So they placed the chapter title screen AFTER the battle prep.
That seems so out of place even in a gameplay/narrative sense.
Oh well. I'll just have to deal with it.

45_zps70015fb5.png
Hello there--wait.
Judging from your monologue, you're a thief?
Female thieves in a GBAFE game. Don't that beat all?

46_zpsfc73bf9b.png
I know, right? I was able to glimpse at the security before you did.
Ooooh. Foreeeesight.

47_zps10dd4ea9.png
You and any of your ilk in the later maps will perish in due time.

48_zpsc51bf25d.png
Hopefully Lord Orun isn't dead. Badly beaten, maybe, but not dead.

51_zpsdb3fcc26.png
Silver Wolf's granddaughter.
Rath! Rath's daughter! That guy was awesome!
I want to see his daughter!

52_zpsecc93e78.png
... wait. "Offer"? You don't mean... selling Rath's daughter and Guinivere?
Why would Bern/Zephiel buy Guinivere? She's his sister.
I'm confused? If Zephiel still cares about his sister, he should be slaughtering you, not buying her.

53_zpse9ce2842.png
Don't get any smart ideas, you.

54_zps1502d020.png
guys do you detect the irony
the irony is immense

57_zps2546ed77.png58_zps69a392fb.png
Roy smells something's up with Wagner.

59_zpsa23ab529.png
Merlinus, being the extra cautious man for a few chapters, did not detect Wagner's deception.
Haaaa.

61_zpsc36ec128.png
Welp, that's my cue to say, "KILL THEM ALL."

64_zpsd46e0735.png65_zpsee064bdc.png
Hi.

Roy asks who this girl is.

66_zps000dce2e.png
But if we don't know your name, then you're not important; and, if you're not important, then you may not be a recruitable character.
Other than the fact that you have a unique sprite. That's how important you are right now.

This girl tells us about the plan to ambush us. So what about Lord Orun?

68_zps9f22fdd1.png69_zps252bbf3f.png
Dang it. Ostia's bloodline really might be wiped out. That's no good.
Or something. I think.

71_zps9fff09b1.png
So he falls for Wagner's trap and easily bought the whole "Lord Orun is sick" schtick.
But this girl he's like, "We can't trust her!"
Merlinus, please.

72_zps05e79704.png
I like this response. It doesn't matter to her what happens to my army but she did care enough that she did warn us.
How thoughtful of her.

75_zpse80c8d75.png
Sounds like a plan. Glad you think on your toes, Roy.

78_zps8be47126.png
I will activate your trap.

82_zps27885b59.png
Out of my way, Shaman.

83_zps551c1752.png
Go, Roy! Corner him to submission!

86_zpse6967d5e.png
Such hospitality!

92_zpscecbb200.png
Let's rock!

But we have new people. Let's get a proprer statistical introduction.

90_zpsacebf14f.png
Saul, a Priest. Thought he was a Monk but to my disappointment he cannot wield Light magic.
If I want to be fair to Saul, he does start with better bases than Elen or Clarine, but it's not fair to compare him with Clarine since she starts off a lower level and a significantly different class.
No, I'm comparing him to Elen. They're pretty much the same occupation. He starts with a better Magic:Level ratio and I could've waited till this chapter to have myself a Light user without the hassle of healing constantly.
Elen does have her uses before Clarine and Saul; however, in Normal Mode, I think she's getting outclassed by Saul definitely.
He comes with a Mend staff. That's nice.

91_zps0e8f83e8.png
Dorothy. Dorothy...
Level 3 Archer. What to say about her?
I feel like as though she would be a faster unit than Wolt but her bases are similar in nature to Wolt's in the sense that she looks pretty average. Nothing really stands out except that she's not a Rebecca that starts with, what, 3 Strength?
I'd rather just wait to see if there's a prepromote Sniper or get myself a Nomad.
Fire affinity's cool but Rebecca's Fire too and not even I want anyone to support with Rebecca because Rebecca's a pain to train.
Yeah, not likely to use Dorothy ever.

For the first turn, Merlinus starts to head into the west hall.
Allen charges on ahead and equips the Iron Lance. Two rounds with the Mercenary will knock him down.
Lance barges into the east hall with Iron Lance a-twirlin'.
Chad just enters the east complex, out of range of the Mercenary. If I wanted to, a few enemies on this map have Vulneraries to do some steal EXP but I'm not going to prioritize that.
I have Shanna and Lugh get in range of the Mages. Lugh will pit himself at the Thunder Mage and Shanna shall enter combat with the Fire Mage.
Roy hides behind Shanna.
Rutger stands out behind Lugh.
Clarine says hi to Rutger.
Dorothy could snipe behind Clarine.
Saul goes to Dorothy's west.

94_zps7eeadbb3.png
And Lot here will move to protect Saul.

We get a look inside a prison cell to see...

95_zps61824ea1.png
A Sacaen nomad girl. Rath's daughter? Quite possibly.
"All that noise" would make sense for Rath's daughter. Sitting at the dinner table with Rath probably isn't the liveliest of times.
Well, I guess one of my objectives is to save this girl. Let's do that. I think she was in the top-left room.

Pretty much everyone is moving, even the Knights.
Allen slips into combat mode. After the Mercenary hits, Allen misses his target. Argh!
Mercenary hits Lance but Lance spears him good. 5 EXP from leveling up.

Mage confronts Shanna with his pitiful 1 damage. He lands a fireball. The sad thing is is that these Mages aren't that fast because Shanna with a Javelin can double this guy to death.
Thunder Mage misses Lugh. Lugh roasts him twice.

Turn 2
98_zpsa8f0f851.png

The three Soldiers in the narrow hallways have Javelins. Looks like Lance and Allen will have to switch to them. The Soldiers are still so shit that Allen with a Javelin can double them. Allen, with his 6 AS.

Allen throws a Javelin at the Mercenary and hits.
Lance does the same but misses.

The northmost Soldier in the middle path has a Javelin. I will see if I can get rid of him with little damage.

Lugh goes for the direct Mage kill in a spot none of the side Javelin Soldiers can get him.
I risk the chance that Dorothy gets kill EXP from the west Javelin Soldier so she can soften up the Soldier in front of Lugh.
Shanna kills the east Iron Lance Soldier but with damage--but hey! She levels up!

99_zpsce2782b3.png
I may just need to invest the Angelic Robe on her. That Strength and Speed! It's beautiful!

Roy dodges the west Iron Lance Soldier and slaughters him.
Lot hits once, parries the Javelin Soldier, and cleaves through the helmet to kill him. Level up!

100_zps3405a401.png
Noooooo Lot

Rutger goes in slashing the air with his Armorslayer towards the Iron Lance Knight. His sword bites into the Knight. He manages to dodge a 70 hit 11 damage attack and finishes off the Knight.

103_zps4646db6d.png
And for some reason he turns into an arrow for a crit-kill. From his experience, he gains...

104_zps59cbebc0.png
The poorer side of Myrmidon increases.

Saul and Clarine move ahead enough that they progress but without being in range of the Javelin Soldiers.

105_zps55e5dd6e.png
Was risking Rutger to get attacked by a Steel Lance Knight and a Javelin Soldier worth the reword of killing a Iron Lance Knight and a crappy-ish level up? I shall see.

Knight goes for Roy. Uh oh--but Roy steps out of the way. Roy somehow misses a 94 hit so he can only do 1 damage in total.
Steel Lance Soldier spears Allen. Allen's not taking that without having the Soldier lie down in a pool of his own blood.
Mercenary lands a hit on Allen. Allen misses again. The Javelin weighs him down enough for the Mercenary to double him.
Mercenary lands a swing on Lance. Lance hits back. Level up for Lance.

106_zps8702d6b4.png
More Strength! Also, he crawls out of the "0 Res" zone into the light of 1 Res.

Javelin Soldier hurts Roy.
Allen's getting weaker thanks to a 44 hit Javelin throw. Unluckily, Allen misses the Soldier once so he doesn't die. Argh! Allen! Stop missing! Also, that is a weapon level increase.
A 39 hit Javelin throw hits Lance. I swear... Somehow my 70s aren't hitting. Lance hits once.
The other Javelin Soldier misses Lance, but, again, Lance misses one of his throws so he only damages once. Ffs. 70s missing.

107_zps72bc1ba6.png
The disappointing results in Turn 3.

Allen heals himself while Lance has to back up a space and heal so Chad won't be in danger.

There's a Mage up above that has a range that ends at just the tile to the left of Rutger. I'll be careful not to draw his attention unnecessarily.

From the Soldier's east, Roy whittles down his foe so Rutger can take this kill.
Lot hacks his axe into the Knight with no difficulties.
Lugh melts the Knight.
Clarine heals Shanna from the north.
Saul takes the more brittle of the Heal staves off of Clarine so he can heal Lot.
Shanna goes on ahead to distract the Mages.

108_zps223c9d23.png
Turn 3 ending results. Merlinus and Chad off-screen.

Mercenary has another whack at Allen. But you know what? Allen crit-kills him. 14 EXP from a level up, as well.
Mercenary slices into Lance. Lance follows in Allen's steps though with no flash or bang.
Another 44 hit sinks into Allen's side. Allen finishes the job. Allen completes his training for this level.

111_zps730a9912.png
Never stop being majestic, Allen.

A Javelin Soldier and Lance have a dodging party.
The other Javelin Soldier cackles as he hits Lance but ceases to be pretty shortly after.

112_zps27ba2d37.png
Apparently the north Mages don't come down. But I notice something.
Up north are two-tile wide stairs. Stairs are never a good sign because reinforcements.

I didn't get Shanna in range of the Knights but I'm hoping they don't move.

Can Lance kill that pesky Soldier this time? He can.

114_zps60c7abd1.png
It took all his EXP to level up that shoddy Luck.

Chad and Merlinus can finally infiltrate the complex. I'm uneasy that there are enemies in the buildings so I'm going to have Allen heal in front of a door.
Shanna hits the Mage once and manages to dodge a bolt of lightning.
Lugh moves up behind Shanna since he can draw out Mages too.
I have Roy in range of the southern Mage just so this map might get done quicker. Do these Mages still not move despite being attacked?
Saul heals Roy.
Lot equips his Hand Axe next to Roy.
Dorothy moves a space east so Rutger can take her place.

115_zps7896e57e.png
Clarine heals Rutger.

Apparently the Mage still won't move even when attacked. That's his loss. His lightning hits Shanna but she kills him.

The Mage further back moves. Shanna and the Mage have a dodging party.
The other Mage comes down and tosses a bolt at Shanna. She has him crashing down to the floor.

Turn 5
117_zpse3c311d8.png

I may just be safe enough to have Allen open that door. What's in there? Two chests! I'll have to leave them to Chad because no Chest Keys.

Allen moves up to the next door.
Merlinus follows along.
Chad opens up the closest door to find two more chests. Cool.

I think Lance should take the other Door Key off of Chad, heal himself, and inspect the next door. Chad holds the Gant's Lance for now.

121_zps6dbe5f9a.png
Might as well prove how much of a mage-killer Roy is being right now.
Roy stabs, shrugs off 2 damage, and slays the Mage.

Lugh steps in range of the west Knight to see if we can draw that guy out.
Shanna moves one space south.
Saul heals Roy.
Clarine heals Shanna.
Rutger moves next to Clarine.
Lot goes on ahead with his Hand Axe.

122_zps7de6021d.png
Dorothy parks herself to Clarine's east.

123_zps69dafb7c.png124_zps3a949575.png
I knew you had a plan! You cheeky little--
Well, I guess I have to recruit her before she kills herself on one of my units' weapons. I hope Roy is the one who does it.

125_zps7f5a875a.png
Oh, that's nice. Reinforcements.

I shall have a look at the girl thief.

126_zpsaf18ffba.png
Cath's her name. A more Skill-imbued Chad but overall not better than him. Pretty much has that female Thief sprite all to herself.
Fire Emblem has been known to have a couple or so ridiculous recruitment requirements for certain characters. I think of Stefan, Holyn, Beowulf, the entirety of FE11's Gaiden characters, and even FE13's SpotPass characters or Donnel.
I'm going to take a stab that she's the same case for the time being. With no real indication on how to get her, and with how many chests there are, maybe her recruitment is connected to the chests in some way.
Maybe. I'd rather not risk having her stab herself to death because I ended up messing up her recruitment requirement. For the time being, Chad won't pick any of the chests.
How will I be doing this? Well...

Roy moves southeast.
Shanna rescues Roy and moves further southeast.
Clarine takes and drops Roy south. Hopefully this is enough spaces to get to Cath.

Looks like Lance won't be checking out that room. Lance re-equips his Javelin to intercept the Iron Lance and Javelin Soldiers.
Lot's Hand Axe lands a couple hits on the Steel Lance Knight.
Lugh finishes the job in one clean fireball. Lugh levels up.

127_zpscc640455.png
I find it slightly sad that the Mage has gotten more Def procs and has more Def than Roy.
The Magic increase is a big plus as well.

Merlinus stops his caravan near the top-left door.
Allen withdraws the last Door Key from Merlinus, inserts it into the door, and reveals...

128_zps0c76c0b2.png
Not what I was expecting.
Well crap. I hope Allen and Merlinus can dodge some.

Saul runs on over to the west side.
Rutger moves out of the way so Dorothy can anticipate the Mage.

129_zps4a4374a6.png
Lance and Chad off-screen. There's also a Mage and Iron Lance Soldier in the same room as the Knight and Javelin Soldier which Allen opened up.
Oh boy.

Knight has a go at Allen. Allen dodges. Phew. Good. Allen can only land a hit on the Knight once.
Iron Lance Soldier misses Lance. Lance stabs twice and gets a weapon level increase.
Javelin Soldier hits Lance and Lance hits back.
Mage roasts himself some Dorothy. Dorothy nearly ends the Mage.
Mage hits Merlinus. Merlinus finally gets his first EXP... I'm starting to wonder if the way Merlinus gets levels is through the same way staff-users got levels in FE1.
Javelin Soldier misses and dies to Allen's Javelins.

Turn 7, split into two screenshot so you guys can see better:
131_zps6bd727e5.png132_zps06619874.png

If the northwest Soldier and Mage go for Lugh, Lugh would be able to survive.

Allen's running out of Javelin uses so I prefer to have him switch to the Iron Lance and Saul to switch him back to Javelin against the Mage.
Dorothy can't double the Soldier; and, if Dorothy moves, Shanna can swing by and Javelin the Mage to hopeful death.
If that's the case, I need Rutger to get rid of the Archer. But even so, if the Knight and Soldier go for Shanna, that could cause me to reset.
Roy can make it to Cath if Chad kills the south Soldier so Lance has an opportunity to kill the west Soldier.

Chad kills the south Soldier.

133_zps5a91a12c.png
Hey, a Talk option. Let's do that.

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 6-2 - *The First Lost*]
134_zps4aadeaf0.png
I'll provide the name for you, Roy. She's Cath.

Roy's accidentally hurting her arm while he's grabbing it.

140_zps6735ac1c.png141_zpsdd3e7823.png
Being a cheeky little thief, that's what.

144_zps3e94c4cd.png
It's both a good plan and a bad plan, because now you're marked as my enemy. I could kill you BECAUSE you're on the battlefield too, you know.

147_zps23a5c0a0.png
But if we left, there wouldn't be a battlefield, and then there wouldn't be an opportunity for Cath to steal. The castle would have gone back to high security.
I'm probably misinterpreting this.

150_zpsa9df8544.png
No, but you're recruitable! I'm sure of it!

151_zps2dc64b39.png
She didn't join. Hm.
Repeatedly talk to her? I can do that... except now she's blocking the path to the Soldier and Roy ended his turn.

152_zps3df85762.png
I could end her right now just for doing that but I won't. I'll have Roy try again.

Lance and the Soldier have another dodge party.
Allen takes up his Iron Lance and finishes off the Knight while incuring injuries.
Saul has Allen switch to the Javelin and heals him.
Merlinus moves away from any combat.
Lot softens up the Knight while getting a weapon rank increase.
Lugh eats the Knight. Now the Shaman lacks bodyguards.
Rutger runs east.
Shanna rescues Rutger and moves one space east.
Clarine takes and drops Rutger north.

153_zpsc1c6439f.png154_zpsd6ce5a23.png
Unfortunately, Dorothy will take the Mage kill going east but I'm prioritizing less enemies than EXP distribution.

Lugh dodges the Soldier and burns him with two fireballs.
Javelin Soldier misses Chad.
Mage gets in a last hit before dying from Dorothy.
Mage goes for Saul. It's actually not that bad of an idea since he has a crit chance at Saul and would do 16 damage out of Saul's 20 HP.

156_zps0613e098.png157_zps623b743a.png
Dang it. Cath's running away. I hope that doesn't mean she's running from the field entirely!

I have Chad wait on the northeast chest. Perhaps Cath will be drawn in by the smell of chests nearby.
Lance finishes off the Soldier.
Roy places himself just above the door so the smell of chests wafts on over to Cath. Come on, girl...
Lugh has a ranged fight with the Archer. He suffers from a bow wound but Lugh is able to take him down.
Allen brandishes his Iron Sword gets rid of the Mage but not before getting struck by lightning. 14 EXP from leveling up!
Shanna has herself a fun time slaughtering the Soldier with no damage.
Lot kills the Soldier from the south in case he is needed for the Knight.
Clarine has just enough Def to survive the Knight attack. She heals Lugh. One more heal or two more dodges and she levels up.
Rutger hugs Clarine's side.
Saul heals Merlinus.
Dorothy moves a little to the northwest.

Turn 8 ending results
158_zpsfdcba10c.png

Knight goes for Clarine and misses.

160_zps9cce5aae.png
Aha! I have you now!

161_zpse1a27757.png
Huh? No Talk command again?
Hm. Maybe I should try waiting by her?

162_zpsf1c7acc5.png
That didn't do it.
This is tricky. How do I recruit her?
This seemed so simple. The game deceived me.
Well, she's going for chests...Maybe I have to have her take one?
After all, if a Thief takes a chest, the item can still be retrieved by killing them or stealing it back if it's just an item.
Maybe Roy's supposed to catch her in the act?
Let's try that and if that doesn't work, I may have to kill her if it's a good item.
I still have Chad so probably won't be that big of a loss if I have to kill Cath.

Lance moves up so he can get some healing.
This Knight would be good EXP for Rutger. I give him that kill.
Saul heals Allen.
Shanna plants herself right in front Wagner. Four hits from her Slim is the exact damage to kill him but she has 53 hit chances to do so.
Clarine heals Dorothy and she gets...

163_zps590b677e.png
Magic and Luck. Okay. At least she got Magic.

I mess up and end the turn without meaning to.

164_zpse2722c5f.png165_zpscec4696e.png
I SHALL END YOU WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

His magic hits Shanna and she's only able to sink one of her lance attacks into him. You can do it, Shanna!

166_zps5cc0c4c8.png
She keeps going back and forth between running and coming. Am I not supposed to step in her way?
Fine. At least I know she won't leave the field. I have Roy stay and I'll not step in her way again.

167_zpsf39e7cab.png
Last turn's positions before I fumbled.

Lance runs up and Clarine heals him.
Rutger still is very protective of Clarine.
Saul is running into the boss room.
Allen rescues Saul and heads further in.
Lot takes and drops Saul so he's in range of healing Shanna next turn if need be.

New positions:
168_zps7ae2fd31.png

Wagner misses Shanna this time. Shanna misses one of her attacks. She levels up from chip EXP.

169_zps0e02e40c.png
Oh no, Shanna!

170_zps8114657c.png
Cath? Where are you going?
Roy's going north. Come back and let me recruit you, Cath!

Saul heals Shanna.
Shanna is land her two hits.
Saul gets Rescue-Dropped away.
I think Rutger can get this kill. He moves in on Wagner.
I Rescue-Drop Shanna too.

172_zpsb32d5b92.png
Really. Where is she going?
I don't really want to risk her opening a room with enemies, so I think I'll cover the doors from her.

Rutger kills Wagner.

173_zps41aac02e.png
Wagner wanted to have a flawless victory. I care not.

174_zps0b415f85.png
Rutger will give no future cares to his enemies.

This did not stop the map music. No close to victory theme... this is unsettling. I hope it's only because of Cath and not more enemies.

Saul heals Rutger.
Clarine says hi to Rutger on the throne.

175_zpse5aeac69.png
I've barred her from all the doors. She can't get in--
Wait.
Is she heading north because of the stairs?
Can't let you do that, Cath.

176_zps39d23dfb.png
After Lugh moves in place, only way for her to enter anywhere is in Chad's place.
Now what you gonna do, Cath?

177_zps69974fd8.png
She really is trying to leave!

178_zpse53b8144.png
nope.jpg

Well. I guess I have to do something about Cath. She's NOT interested in treasure anymore, it seems. I really don't know how to get her.
I guess I'll plunder the chests until I can figure something out.

179_zpsa8edbb5f.png

180_zps782259b5.png
You!
You're really almost not worth this!

Allen, Lance, Lugh, and Shanna should easily take on these guys.

181_zpseeb5ca87.png

182_zps3563212c.png
I will recruit you somehow!

Lugh takes out Knight. 11 EXP from leveling.
Lance with Iron Sword ends Soldier. 14 EXP from leveling.
Allen incurs damage but is able to kill the other Soldier.

183_zps8a3d8670.png
Never stop being awesome, Allen.

Shanna slays a Mage.

184_zpsffd8b8cc.png
I am this close.

Actually you know what? Let's try it out in a way where I get all the chests.

185_zps229eb677.png

186_zpsedae4010.png

187_zpsae0ab06d.png
That's mine now!

The next turn...

188_zps60f4a05d.png
Oh great. Now she won't move.

190_zps85aad8df.png
it's worth it
I'll deal with the consequences
this is so worth it now

191_zps6d3ef5ba.png
No, no, shuuuuuu, baby. It'll all be over soon.

192_zpsd4ae216b.png
Oh god, Saul. Please stay on my team forever.

193_zps133166dc.png
Roy cannot handle this scene.
It's okay, Roy. I understand.
It'll be over soon.

194_zpsed28c22f.png
Rescue-ferry Roy away from the bloodshed that will happen.

195_zps07661598.png
Skipped over the top-chest but it's a Short Bow.

196_zpsf45703f5.png

Cath moved so I can spare her life. But I think I'll have her use her Vulnerary so Lugh can get chip EXP.

197_zps1197bb00.png
How appropriate. From a Thief he gets Skill and Speed.

198_zps16e4f773.png

199_zpse9db94f9.png
Cath, I've almost had it up to here with you blocking my way.
You'd best move next turn.

200_zps9907f5ce.png
Or you best move now.

Next turn...

201_zps2534bc22.png
Cath. I swear.
If you don't move in the next turn, I will kill you.

Next turn...

202_zpsa7526808.png
Okay.
I thought I could spare your life but if you insist.

204_zpse81afc15.png205_zps8c657ff3.png
Roy and company, we will not speak more on this matter.
Let's go loot some chests.

207_zps2eec71cf.png
These two can support.
Master Tactician =/= Master Matchmaker. Nope. I had no involvement in this.

211_zpsd125e8f2.png212_zps43e1b566.png
Go ahead.

213_zps7c941b06.png
Well that's rather kind of you to say, Clarine.

214_zpscef6c804.png
Intelligent Systems, ladies and gents. Laying it on thicker this time!

216_zpsb10a4149.png217_zpsc1a35e80.png
Rutger inserted "nope.jpg."

218_zps65b0e14c.png
Aha. Ha. Ha.
She wants to be called Lady Clarine and she says he's a tramp.
Oh you, Intelligent Systems.

219_zps7a456daf.png
Please tell me you're not as hard to recruit.

220_zpsea3adcd4.png
Kind of wish I knew this was here. Clarine or Saul could get extra EXP using this but oh well. For another time.

222_zps966361be.png
Good. These two can support. Anima/Fire is good.

223_zps6b08c9ba.png
Liar. E rank in swords is always bad.

227_zpsde618b64.png
Great proposal. Lance can start learning from Shanna for Strength and Allen Lugh for his Speed.

228_zpsf2a09e1b.png
I think yours is the worst level out of the two, Lance.

232_zpsb589d02c.png
Recruitment theme! Yes!

233_zps3cb5104c.png
It's not a Fire Emblem game without some girl being trapped or captured somewhere.

235_zpsd9d27b5f.png
No, that would have been Cath. Chad just murdered a girl after all.

236_zps8b65e310.png
This is how Roy acknowledges Cath's existence. I'm glad he's not speaking more on this.

241_zps1875eeda.png
Certainly. You can take Wolt and Dorothy's stuff. Welcome to the team!

242_zpsb8c8b887.png
Doesn't start out as a level 7 Nomad but hey I appreciate the horse and the Speed. Your Con could do with a little work, though.
I guess I can use you for the time being.

243_zpsf9a34ea1.png

244_zpscc93b2e9.png

245_zps4b6f7e40.png
I would guess there would be reinforcements here or something?
Or just a door to waste my time?
Like it did?

246_zps09e83e6f.png
Also another place to waste my time?

247_zpsb7f39751.png
LIKE IT DID.
But now we have lots of money.

Let's get out of here.

248_zpseeffd369.png
Yeah. Rath's daughter.

249_zps1a611a10.png
Is he now? Maybe I will get him as a recruitable character
Not like Cath

251_zpsfec960a3.png
Bern and Laus are the worst places.

253_zpsde921d7c.png254_zpsa25ab4c9.png
Well that sucks.

258_zps2859bc0e.png
Oh, so Lord Orun is dead. Man, the Ostian bloodline really is dying left and right.

Sue will be joining us because she wants to fight Bern and have vengeance for Lord Orun. Though Sacae and Bern are opposite directions of each other.

262_zps1f76e287.png
This game would be x10 more awesome with Matthew.

263_zps17ce16f4.png264_zpsc77d6474.png
Well crap.

265_zps9b25b17b.png
"She" being Lilina.
Well that's REALLY not good. As far as I know, all her family is dying.
Poor girl needs some comfort.

267_zps6bd16bb5.png
Let's go save her! Hopefully that means she's recruitable next chapter!

Roy        Lord          8.66    25      8       9      10       8       5       5
Allen      Cavalier      9.10    27     12       8      10       8       7       0
Lance      Cavalier      7.86    25      7       8      11       4       6       1
Merlinus   Transporter   1.01    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Deke       Mercenary     7.53    27     10      12      11       6       7       1
Lot        Fighter       6.68    32      9       6       8       2       4       1
Shanna     Peg Knight    9.24    20      9      10      17      12       6       6
Chad       Thief         6.39    20      7       6      15       8       3       0
Lugh       Mage          9.07    19      6      10      10       6       6       7
Clarine    Troubadour    3.43    16      3       5       9      10       2       5
Rutger     Myrmidon      7.54    25      8      13      13       4       5       1
Saul       Priest        6.11    21      5       7      11       2       2       6
Sue        Nomad         1.00    18      5       7       8       4       5       0

From Thria, we must press onward--now to save Lilina!

A new section is being added to the Death-Reset table labeled "Lost." These are the characters that I failed to nab. Similar in format to the Death-Reset.

Lost: 1
[spoiler=Death-Reset-Lost Table]

*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

Chapter 6           Cath                   Combat - Chad
Edited by Dual Dragons

Cath's death doesn't matter, because she's annoying to recruit anyway.

She'll appear in four maps and Roy has to talk to her three times to recruit her.

Next chapter is one of the hardest (imo the hardest one in hard mode). Still challenging in normal mode.

There are some recruitments.

Roy should talk to one of the both (cavalier or paladin) as soon as possible. Roy or the paladin has to talk to the second cavalier, who'll appear in turn 3.
You need the second cavalier for another recruitment in chapter 9.

Edited by The Taninator

What I did to Cath is I robbed her lockpicks after I talked to her, so she wouldn't get in my way.

Also the next chapter is insane. But with that Shanna you can't lose. :)

Edited by momogeek2141

In regards to Merlinus, you only need to bring him along if you want to withdraw items during the map. You can deposit extra stuff regardless of whether he's deployed or not.

You will get the Silver Wolf himself at some point.

There are no unpromoted light magic users. The monk class doesn't exist in FE6. But it will in FE6CM. Probably.

Wow okay this is hella detailed and I really like it.

Use Rutger, he's borderline required. That's all I ask. I'd say Lugh or Raigh too but you don't have to.

Lilina better than all of them. She'll need a Skill Book though which you get in Ch8.

Looks interesting so far.

Two important things:

• Physical range weapons have terrible accuracy in this game. So I'd recommend to use each mage you get (Lugh, Lilina, Raigh).

Wolt is really not a good archer. You'll get another one in chapter 6 with higher strength and speed growth.

...And that Hugh is no good. That cheese eating rat.
You need the $ for two Angel Robes there which to make your already using fighters even better/Promotion items(Preferable Guilding Ring's since they're one of the rarest items in this game!)

Everyone who's played FE6 knows how badly you can get stat screwed, so if you get +skill +luck only level ups on supposedly "good characters" don't be alarmed. Magic is pretty good in this game because it hits easily and enemies have terribad resistance, so use lugh Lillina and Ray if you want to. I'll let you do your thing though...

If your to use Lilina(That I recommend) mostly have her use Aircaliburs and Fire's for their better accuracy since she needs them for her no so good accuracy which she can easily get Ch8's Secret Book for to have her use Thunder's better! ;)

[spoiler=Chapter 2 - *Hard-to-Kill Mercenaries*]

I got new blood.

66_zpsb866adb9.png
If there's anything FE7 and FE9/10 have taught me is that Mercenaries are great.
That base 12 Skl and 10 Spd on a Level 5 Mercenary. So good.
I will likely use this man.

67_zps988dfaef.png
The first thing I notice is that her mouth is open in her mugshot. Honestly don't remember if any other mugshot had a character with their mouth constantly open... but I can see why you wouldn't anymore. It looks silly.
And like any GBAFE game, Peg Knights with their pitifully low Con. Except now they're stuck on terrible accuracy lances.
12 Spd's good, though, on a Level 1 Peg Knight. Not too far away from capping.
I hope this isn't a sign that her Spd growth is bad.

86_zps2dfa330f.png
Daaaaang it. Just typical.
Also, her mouth is closed. Interesting.

I was so exicted upon this new translation thanks to Awakening's existance that I had to LP this new paatch! <3
My LP also tells of which units are good and recommended to use and who suck. I've also done no ranked run upon it...too. Only wanted to show off the new patch. XP
I guess a blessed Shanna won't happen this time as it have with me in my LP. X(
Yes, Shanna. Good girl!
30% chance of growth.

Spoilers: Deke isn't very good.

HP is his only growth that's over 40%. His bases are pretty good and he has amazing con but everything else is pretty lackluster.

Ogier_Devil_Axe_Crit_zpscfaa8118.gif

I would recommend Ogier for his better Luck plus Devil Axe SPAM later on. <333

[spoiler=Chapter 3 - *I set up Lugh*s bomb*]
Apparently something is happening at the northern house.

49_zpsbb33a32a.png
Those clothes on the kid. Is that a mage?

50_zpsd15bd981.png
Oh, that's Lugh! I've heard about you!
You will go straight to my team. I like mages.

51_zps00c7546e.png
Wait. I need Chad to visit this house?
Dang it.

52_zps6448e476.png
Raigh? The other guy I was told to get?
Yeah. When's he coming?

54_zps748e954b.png
Oh Lugh. Don't worry, Chad's coming for ya!

67_zpse2c5d370.png
This person can summon dragons just like that?
We're goners.

68_zps57c21132.png

Instead of ending my game right here, he opts to do it himself.
What a dumbass.

70_zpsac245ea7.png
Final stage of game?

Zephiel is leaving Lycia in Narcian's hands.

74_zpsa804e1fa.png75_zps4ba5d680.png76_zps984c8ec4.png
Gotta give credit to Zephiel. He's not going to discriminate.

79_zps97b3b8db.png
You tell me, Narcian. She can SUMMON DRAGONS.
I can see plenty of things to see in her.

80_zps751db0b7.png
Okay, Narcian. It's on your head if Slater fucks up.

87_zps6e1a3f42.png
No need. He will be converted into delicious EXP for my team.

102_zps691fe9c6.png
I'll make you the strongest mage Elibe has ever seen.

103_zpsf0b4151a.png
Where IS Raigh, by the way?

So Lugh's stats:

105_zps92cd227b.png
I can't remember but I think he's better than Erk at base. That's a plus.
And I know this is one of Nino's twin children. It's good to see the kid.
The magic intensifies since I will be using Lugh.
Also Fire affinity, one of the best affinities in GBAFE.
This kid's looking golden.

If I want Chad to be plundering chests now that the throne room is opened up, I guess I'll pick him up with Lance... though that would be leaving Lugh in the dust.
Eh. I guess Lugh will take the boss kill.

But Shanna gets a level up

120_zps60b270e9.png
My god, Shanna.
Yes. All the Strength.

143_zps18bd2363.png
Ah, yes. Armands, right?
But wait.
Doesn't Armands damn a person to a warrior's death?
And you want Roy to take this weapon?
Hector, what are you doing?!

144_zps02d870f2.png
So we're grabbing Lilina for more magic? Great!
After what happened to Lugh... no wait. I won't bring that up.
It'll make the tears flow again.

145_zps0689fd9e.png
No Hector! ;-;
My good unit! ;~;

146_zps4bcd260d.png
Noooooooo

Hector has fallen. He got the warrior's death that was promised in FE7.
I wasn't expecting Hector's death to come this early but I could see how it could be seen as emotional, especially if one knew that this was going to happen in FE7 and played through Hector's story.

But now we must make our way to Ostia and find the answers to how Bern was able to summon dragons.

By the way, I had to cut out some images that I originally had in here because of the limit. I don't want to have to compromise too much since it's supposed to be a blind let's play and I figure it's necessary that everyone needs to hear and see my reactions to cutscenes, events, and the like, but I also like to provide screenshots of what I'm doing in the gameplay.

So I may need to make double-posts for a single chapter. Unless anyone can suggest a method of not having to cut out too many images.

Ugh.
I usually don't bother with him as he often gets screwed in offense/pwr.
It would be no fun that way although it is smart to wipe out insects the easier way.
But...go Nintendo for making this more a kids related war. :D
Better give him yourt Power Rings to uphold that reputation.
I've forgot that Lugh has a better affinty than Lilina, but her better offense more than compensates for her worth of use. Plus 2HOing dragons later in the game is always a good thing. That Lilina can do!
Blessed Shanna may strike again!
Hector. You will be missed. x.x
Bold: You can.
You just have to make another post.

-Wolt's passable once he gets some speed here, but you get 2 Nomads and they kinda shit all over him.

They do.
But you have to take the harder route if you do (If overused). -.-

Spoiler: every map is seize.

Which bothers some people. x.x

[spoiler=Tequila]

19_zps9391f6b4.png21_zpsc7819595.png
Is this the obligatory "hint-at-incest" brother-sister relationship?
Okay.

22_zpsfd75b323.png23_zps960415d2.png24_zpse50fe4cc.png
Ho! Shots fired!

This is Cavalier and Bow-User Central so lance units are good here. I will fight Cavalier to Cavalier, maybe even Knight to Cavalier. None of these enemies have particularly interesting weapons so I should be safe.
I also remember in FE7 that this map had a Brigand come down to destroy Priscilla's village. I'm going to anticipate the same deal.
103_zpsc489ec30.png
Shanna intensifies.

Reset: 1

I'm not sure how I'll do more playthroughs of a chapter but I'll think of something. Haha, oh god, I was laughing when Wade died because I anticipated a Rutger ambush spawn and it happened.
Murphey's Law came to bite me in the ass.

Her silver tongue is what had her survive all of these years...she's like Jelanda(Valkyrie Profile!)
Bold: This time, it's only for a free Angel Robe!
I'm liking this Shanna. A lot.

[spoiler=Chapter 4.3 - *I finally know what is in the south village!*]

12_zpsa3c77946.png13_zpsd1c507d2.png
Really, Wade. You're not even the Fighter I'm using the most. You'd best calm down.

14_zps12956fd9.png
Or he doesn't want you to die because you already did.

15_zpsb46850a3.png
More like the opposite but whatever helps you sleep at night.

16_zps1957af7e.png17_zps1c823e6d.png
It's called "caring."

18_zps4e975637.png
Oh dang, Lot. Dem's fighting words!
20_zps07bc9bf0.png
Shannaaaaaa.
Anna is blessing her with the Strength.

Jesus. :facepalm:
He's going to become worm food before he knows it with the way that he's behaving.
Just proves it! The game is going to bless her again!

55_zpsba059ee9.png

59_zps0dc4dfeb.png

In Fire Emblem, there's really no such thing as open relationships. So yeah, it's kind of bad here, Saul.

63_zps50d7febf.png
He really means, "offer my helping hand to any girl's butts in need of my fondling."

118_zps9584cbeb.png
Huh? Where's Yoder?

119_zps0a5638f2.png
Is he of importance?

120_zps14c58860.png
Okay...

121_zps7ce3d161.png

122_zps0c391742.png
Trades 5 hit for 2 more damage, though it will weigh Allen or Lance down until they promote.
No crit chance. No range but 1. Just describes as "Wielded by Gant" so can't even tell if it's something like a Brave Lance.
If Allen or Lance were promoted, it's like a slightly less accurate but more powerful Iron Lance with no AS penalty. Cool, I guess. I'll keep it.

Grah!
136_zpsb7ffbcba.png 137_zps2a098d35.png
Good

...And that's why his luck sucks, because he lies alot. =P

Is how he murdered Goodman in Ace Attorney I.

On hard, you'd have to use Rutgar cuz Lugh would likely get one shotted unless he gets the Angel Robe last chapter!

34_zps0a5c3a92.png
I can buy basic weapons and items like a Heal staff here--but at, what it seems to be, x1.5 of the original price (basing off of the original 600G Heal going to 900G).
I remember there was a Sell option in FE7 but not an Armory option. I don't have good vibes coming from an inclusion of an Armory option. It makes me think there are limited shops throughout the game.

I've done a little bit of depositing into the convoy, little bit of switching inventories around, all the while Lugh took up another Fire tome.
91_zps0e8f83e8.png
Dorothy. Dorothy...
I feel like as though she would be a faster unit than Wolt but her bases are similar in nature to Wolt's in the sense that she looks pretty average. Nothing really stands out except that she's not a Rebecca that starts with, what, 3 Strength?
I'd rather just wait to see if there's a prepromote Sniper or get myself a Nomad.
Fire affinity's cool but Rebecca's Fire too and not even I want anyone to support with Rebecca because Rebecca's a pain to train.
99_zpsce2782b3.png
I may just need to invest the Angelic Robe on her. That Strength and Speed! It's beautiful!

Level up for Lance.
106_zps8702d6b4.png
123_zps69dafb7c.png124_zps3a949575.png
I knew you had a plan! You cheeky little--
Well, I guess I have to recruit her before she kills herself on one of my units' weapons. I hope Roy is the one who does it.

Be warned that on hard, they have no vender upon your base.
Even though Dorothy grows 10 more Str than Rebecca.
But...Rebecca is more balanced on dodging more than her as she gets slightly more Luck and Speed.
15% more Luck
15% more Speed
5% more Skill
Ditch her if you must. But...only use her when you don't want to take a trip to Sacae like the Nomads would if you use them. Because Wolt sucks too much to be of any use.
Lucky you.
Most of the time people would use Thite for this which only happens with a 30% chance with Shanna.
When he'll get 3 more upon promotion.
Most people would kill her as she causes you trouble in the later chapters of taking your loot. Kill her now, or else you have to defend you treasures in Ch's 8&12. No Thieves will show up in those chapters if she is dead.
She also won't appear in 16, 20 and 22 if you do.

[spoiler=Chapter 6-2 - *The First Lost*]
204_zpse81afc15.png205_zps8c657ff3.png
Roy and company, we will not speak more on this matter.

Great decision.

-----

Nice to see another person LPing this patch giving full detail of the game a little more than me.

Lilina better than all of them. She'll need a Skill Book though which you get in Ch8.

...And that Hugh is no good. That cheese eating rat.

You need the $ for two Angel Robes there which to make your already using fighters even better/Promotion items(Preferable Guilding Ring's since they're one of the rarest items in this game!)

If your to use Lilina(That I recommend) mostly have her use Aircaliburs and Fire's for their better accuracy since she needs them for her no so good accuracy which she can easily get Ch8's Secret Book for to have her use Thunder's better! ;)

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48333&page=1

I was so exicted upon this new translation thanks to Awakening's existance that I had to LP this new paatch! <3

My LP also tells of which units are good and recommended to use and who suck. I've also done no ranked run upon it...too. Only wanted to show off the new patch. XP

Yes, Shanna. Good girl!

30% chance of growth.

Ogier_Devil_Axe_Crit_zpscfaa8118.gif

I would recommend Ogier for his better Luck plus Devil Axe SPAM later on. <333

Ugh.

It would be no fun that way although it is smart to wipe out insects the easier way.

Better give him yourt Power Rings to uphold that reputation.

I've forgot that Lugh has a better affinty than Lilina, but her better offense more than compensates for her worth of use. Plus 2HOing dragons later in the game is always a good thing. That Lilina can do!

They do.

But you have to take the harder route if you do (If overused). -.-

Her silver tongue is what had her survive all of these years...she's like Jelanda(Valkyrie Profile!)

He's going to become worm food before he knows it with the way that he's behaving.

On hard, you'd have to use Rutgar cuz Lugh would likely get one shotted unless he gets the Angel Robe last chapter!

But...Rebecca is more balanced on dodging more than her as she gets slightly more Luck and Speed.

15% more Luck

15% more Speed

5% more Skill

Ditch her if you must. But...only use her when you don't want to take a trip to Sacae like the Nomads would if you use them. Because Wolt sucks too much to be of any use.

Lucky you.

Most of the time people would use Thite for this which only happens with a 30% chance with Shanna.

Most people would kill her as she causes you trouble in the later chapters of taking your loot. Kill her now, or else you have to defend you treasures in Ch's 8&12. No Thieves will show up in those chapters if she is dead.

She also won't appear in 16, 20 and 22 if you do.

Great decision.

-----

Nice to see another person LPing this patch giving full detail of the game a little more than me.

I'm not sure you would want to read this, it's full of spoilers.

I'm not sure you would want to read this, it's full of spoilers.

None of the sort when this is rather important to know.

@The Taninator: The Cath spoiler is fair game at this point but I see. That really is annoying. I'll take a look at the other spoiler after posting this chapter but I hope I got everyone!

@Tequila: This was a little spoilery but not the biggest offense. Some questions of mine are answered. xD

@PuffPuff: It's nice to get your view! It takes me a while to complete a chapter because of the detail but as long as people like it, I'm glad. If what momogeek says is true, though, I think I'll need to hold off on clicking on your link. I'll take a look at it after the LP is over though, I promise.

@momogeek2141: Yeah, it's unfortunate I killed her off. If only I had known what Cath was doing!

*Another two-parter with the chapter all written up. It's just needs to be formatted properly which should be within minutes. This one ends at the start of Turn 3.

I think we finally enter Ostia now after three chapters of not entering Ostia. Lilina needs to be saved; however, there is a rebellion going on over in Ostia.
Let's stop Ostia from imploding on itself!

[spoiler=Chapter 7-1 - *Bern*s Wyverns are scary*]
1_zps15d3b5ac.png
Now we can claim Lilina into our team since her dad's not coming back, right?

2_zpsdc515c43.png3_zps451d3a9e.png
These guys are getting really cocky now that Hector's gone.

4_zpsbc2558fa.png
It's not a Fire Emblem game without some girl---oh forget it.

6_zpsbc2558fa.png
Also apparently an insane map, as people have kindly hinted at. Have at you!

7_zps4545033d.png
Welcome to Ostia proper! From what people have been saying, I should prepare myself because this shit is real. First thing I see are all these red houses.
Either that's a really good sign or a really bad sign. I did say earlier that red houses usually mean goodies--but I will not be surprised if these "goodies" turn out to be sirens for enemy reinforcements to end me.

8_zps4477aed3.png
Here is the appearance of the first Arena in the game. Now in a normal game or a ranked game, I would abuse these like nobody's business because I would RNG-abuse and restart if it ended badly.
For this blind playthrough, I'm thinking I'll just use the Arena if a character is close to leveling. I'll stick to my policy of only restarting if I game over or a character dies, so I will not be exploiting the "restart if the enemy is not ideal" trick.
No overpowered units for me!

9_zpsf4e20816.png10_zpsd78d15ef.png
The Arena is good to get some more money for the Vendor and Armories. Pressing the R button over the Vendor and Armories doesn't let me look into their inventories like in FE7. I'll have to visit them to see what's inside.
The door on the left allows me quicker access to the castle with the throne for me to Seize.
Two Armories means they have different inventories. With the inclusion of the Arena, it reminds me of Four-Fanged Offense. Probably won't have the good stuff for this early in the game.
There is an entrance on the Armory side to enter the castle grounds. Why take that way?

11_zps71009886.png
Two chests. I'll definitely have to bring Chad. Without another Thief to split duties, Chad will have a lot of use in this map. This is also assuming the Vendor doesn't sell Door Keys.

As for the enemies:

12_zpse26489d4.png13_zps62aa45a4.png14_zpsd4986711.png

15_zps11b8596d.png16_zpsc3730c0d.png17_zps2aad4288.png
Lots of variety here. Sniping Archers, enduring Soldiers, defensive Knights, speedy Mercenaries, mobiles Cavaliers, and ranged Mages. Yep. I can see why this map can get crazy fast.

But now we have two new inclusions:

18_zps6fd362a5.png
Wyvern Riders, my top favorite class. I absolutely love these guys because they are a force to reckon with--but it's bad since they're an enemy unit class first. It's going to be very easy for me to get messed up because of their high HP, great Strength and Defense, and their decent Speed and Skill. Thankfully they have x3 bow weakness and hitting their Resistance is a good alternative.

19_zps06324ad4.png20_zps759f293f.png
There are two Priests on this map and they have--Physics?! Their Magic is low and the range on the Physics has been changed to just Mag rather than Mag/2 but really?! They're kind of in the back too so if I don't take out units in one go, they will be healing and making my life crappier.

21_zpsf5b0f7dc.png
Further reminding me of Four-Fanged Offense is that this Wyvern Rider is holding a Red Gem. There are some units holding Vulneraries for extra stealing EXP. Chad will need to keep a item slot open to steal that Red Gem. They both hold Steel Lances only so they will be constantly weighed down for 3 less AS.

23_zps0bb0c68e.png22_zps720e2086.png
The boss, Debias, is another Knight. A pretty high-leveled one so even my level 9s will get some good EXP off of him. This guy will get wrecked so hard by Lugh. Just gotta be very cautious about Debias hitting him with that Spear that has 10 more hit than the Javelin.

24_zps0214c122.png
I was interchanging between Marcus and Lot. Marcus has more range and maybe I would need more manpower but Lot has access to the Hammer against the Knights. If I restart and feel like I need what Marcus brings to the table, I'll take Lot out and switch Marcus in.
Sue's kind of hard choice to pick. Her Con is lower than Dorothy's. The Steel Bow takes out 4 AS, dropping her down to 4 Speed. Even if she isn't weighed down, she still won't be able to double the Wyvern Riders. She has a lot of range for this big map so I'll give her a shot. She will be able to double the Steel Bow Archers as long as she's holding the Iron Bow.
Shanna should be able to hop over the walls in case the Mage and Wyvern Riders don't move. Will be risky since Shanna barely has gotten HP and her defenses haven't proc'ed once.

However...

25_zpsbd423b36.png
Shanna has been doing really well in the offensive department--her Strength especially. It's the same as Lot's and Marcus'. I would use Shanna more if she had more reliable defenses. Unlike Allen and Lance, she can do solo missions easily due to flight utility.
As much as I like Wyvern Riders and Milady is probably going to be recruitable eventually, I think I need Shanna's contribution more right now. Seems like there is no Use option in FE6 so I'm having to wait until the map starts. At least I'll have a save from before I used it... though I am forbidding myself to restart unless absolutely necessary.

26_zps2ae182fe.png
These are the positions I picked. Clarine will head for the bottom-left house. Sue can go to the east house as there's an Archer over there she can battle. Top-left Knight has a Javelin so I'll have someone fight him from a distance.
Left Cavalier is Allen; right Cavalier is Lance.

Thus we start the chapter!

27_zpsa5beace1.png
Begin insane chapter.

28_zpsc5df8bfb.png
Debias left the throne for Legance to sit on it. It's funny for me to imagine.
Okay, is it me or does Legance's right eye just look completely white? Like there is no iris there. I'm pretty sure there is one but it must be so close to the actual border of his eye that it just looks completely white.

30_zps26e01604.png
Thus why we don't see Pegasus Knights on this map.

32_zps05810bf3.png
I guess. The only real Ilian mercenaries we got were the Pegasus Knight sisters, and Farina was crazy for some gold.

34_zpse9c0787d.png
Is Narcian going to try to have his way Lilina? Not on my watch!

37_zpsa116be45.png39_zps74175f86.png40_zps7e7e4503.png
This guy really wants those Ilian mercenaries. How many mercenaries did Hector have? If they are few, why bother? If they are many, are they even that good?
I don't know, man. Just have Bern supply you with more units and you should be good than having to waste time and effort to get some Ilian mercenaries.

41_zpsf768ce68.png
There's like only two.
...Unless you mean reinforcements of Wyvern Riders.
I hope that isn't the case.

43_zpsa9644935.png
Good. I didn't want to fight a General.

44_zps23270faa.png
We have arrived to saaaaave the day.

45_zps62a3bd3c.png47_zpseed96bfc.png
I would be scared too since Bern has Wyvern Riders, pretty much exclusive to them.

49_zps44115ee7.png
Oh good! More Pegasus Knights means Triangle Attack. I accept this.

50_zpsa75dab2d.png52_zpsef886418.png
Roy has a point.

53_zpsc9392c9c.png54_zps3e6ca691.png
Aw. That's kind of them. I am only a little army with little-to-no chance against Bern. Any help is appreciated.

60_zpsac6c48de.png
Not bad news right now. This is apparently an intense chapter!

61_zps77816b50.png
Oh. Oh. That is seriously bad news. Now I can see what you guys mean!

64_zpsd28ad141.png65_zps6571820c.png
Yeah! Let's do that!

66_zpsd900a08d.png67_zpsecb3e4ee.png
OH FUCK OFF, MERLINUS.
Let me ask you, old man. Would you rather us ask for help and resolve this issue and possibly get our prides wounded?
Or would you rather keep our pride but be DEAD and have dragons rule the continent for eternity to come?
YOU'D BEST SHUT YOUR MOUTH BEFORE I OFF YOU.

68_zps6a0a28cd.png69_zpsb13ed35e.png
Good. See, Roy and I are on the same page.
I understand that "pride" and "taking us seriously" make sense after the conflict is over.
But that's the thing, Merlinus. We aren't guaranteed victory at this point. Your words would make more sense if we assessed the situation and said we can handle it ourselves.
But recall Bern has DRAGONS. DRAGONS. They downed Hector and you say, "NOOOOO. OUR PRIDE!"
Dragons don't care about pride. They'll just end us and you would be the cause of why we perished.
I hope you remember this the next time you open your mouth, Merlinus.

72_zps6d5b5fe0.png73_zps1d461ece.png
Good. Glad we finally get some damn cooperation from the old man.

77_zps59ce10d0.png
Battle start!

Clarine enters the bottom-left house.

78_zps3850954b.png
Apparently it was very appropriate for Clarine to enter this house but also not very reassuring because this means Fog of War is coming soon.
We get ourselves a Torch staff.

Rutger goes to Clarine's side.
Next is Sue to enter the abode on the right.

80_zpsed64889e.png
The woman here helped a dying man on the street.
And you're willing to give us this sword? How generous of you.

82_zps34d81eb9.png
Wow, game, wow. That's a little mean-spirited towards the man that was DYING, but sure. I'll take it.

Lot tosses two successful Hand Axes at the Knight. The forest trees cover Lot from being hit.
Allen has the Knight kneel in defeat.
Deke equips the Armorslayer and sinks into the forest.
Lance also enters the forest and holds his Iron Lance close to him.
I think Chad's first priority is to open the gate to the castle. Chad sprints in a northwestern direction.
Everyone else moves northward. Shanna can fly over buildings if I need her to.

83_zps950193aa.png
Merlinus is following the rest of the army. I hope the opening that I came from will not have enemy reinforcements.

Knight fails to strike Lance. Lance spears him twice. He's 4 EXP from leveling.
Mercenary lands a blow on Allen while Allen misses a 80 hit attack.

84_zpsf2d0e8d4.png
These two men exit from a house. These must be the Ilian mercenaries, ya?

85_zpsfc63ee47.png
Sounds like a plan!

86_zpsba7ba398.png
Oh, Noah. I've heard about him--slightly. Another Cavalier, if I recall correctly.
Yeah, yeah, sorry, Noah, but we're a bit full here on cavalry. Maybe if you joined earlier.

87_zps161fabcf.png
Oh you must be joking. Really? I have to beat him in the Arena. Son of a...

88_zps60ba72dd.png89_zps3000e193.png
What a player Noah is.

91_zpscb2d094f.png
He says join later. Maybe I just have to wait for Noah to come out.
Yeah. I guess I can wait on the Arena.

93_zps3a3d5e55.png94_zps55d9fa0e.png
Their descriptions say they are Ilian mercenaries. I'm guessing I have Roy talk to them to recruit. Ally units mean they will be stealing my EXP or end up killing themselves. Better get to them soon then.
Jerrot's looking pretty good for a level 1 prepromote Paladin. They're slightly better bases than Marcus. Having another Paladin at level 1 is sketchy. Either the game expects that Marcus died and the player could have another Paladin or either Marcus or Jerrot have better growths over the other. Still, a Paladin addition isn't bad.
Treck, though, is not looking good. Level 4 Cavalier when I have Allen and Lance higher-leveled than him. I guess again that Treck and Noah are there if Allen and/or Lance were killed; however, Treck doesn't seem that special besides that higher Def. My guess is is that he's a Lowen, which I wasn't that fond of.
This game is saturating me with Cavaliers and Paladins. I wonder why.

Turn 2
95_zps4485edba.png

All these enemies moved in on me. Wyvern Riders especially are looking the most threatening. I'll need to make sure I can survive this turn---
AGH CRAP. I knew I forgot something. I forgot to have Shanna use the Angelic Robe! Guess I'll have to wait for the wave to lighten up if she has to do an action this turn.

Sue's moving up to encounter the Archer. I make sure to have her equip the Iron Bow.
Lot visits the nearby house southwest of the Arena.

97_zpsc35d4c53.png
This guy is holding a Longbow and hands it to me for free.

Allen has another attempt at the Mercenary. They trade blows.
Lugh goes into the forest, forces Allen to switch to the Javelin, and quickly ends the Mercenary.
Rutger and Clarine move north together.
Shanna with her Javelin and Chad can kill the Mercenary if they both use all their attacks. Shanna hits.
Chad slays the Mercenary though took an injury in the process.
Deke whips out the Armorslayer and kills the Knight in one go.
Roy uses all his movement closer to the Ilian mercenaries.
No matter what, the Javelin Soldier will attack someone who can't counter. I have Lance go for the Soldier with his Iron Lance. Lance hits twice without damage. Level up for Lance!

99_zps1a6ac542.png
Further proof that he should be reborn as a Myrmidon.

Saul heals Chad from a safe spot.

Turn 2 ending results (Sue off-screen)
100_zps8d13c5de.png

Soldier annoys me by moving onto the house and healing, now benefiting from the 10 avoid bonus.
Wyvern Rider seeks after Allen and misses a 14 damage attack. Allen counters.
Knight misses Allen. Allen parries with a crit-killing throw.
Javelin Soldier hits Lance. I should have had him on Javelin. This was the Soldier that I had Shanna equip the Javelin for.
Archer goes for ally Treck. He hits.
Steel Bow Archer lodges a bolt into Sue. Sue returns fire with two arrows.
Archer moves in on Lugh. He manages to hit with a 47 hit. Lugh does major damage to his health.
Javelin Cavalier misses Chad.
Javelin Cavalier hits Lot. Lot hits back. He's 12 away from a level.

Ally Treck has enough Atk to kill an Archer he can double but he misses once.
Ally Jerrot kills an Archer closer to Roy, making my job easier.

At the Arena, we interrupt this program to give you...

103_zps921af0ed.png
Oh! Noah and Fir!
Yes, I know Fir. Karla and Bartre's daughter. Another Myrmidon. I didn't think I would get her this chapter.

106_zps5621a3b4.png107_zpsb68ba3e5.png108_zps5b6d8899.png
Kind of cute, I suppose, since Karla is recruited after she comes out from the Arena.

110_zps93037444.png
Noah, we don't even get that option. We have to choose based on the price. Don't tease me like that.

112_zps0b22a9ff.png
Explaining how the Arena works to me, but they fail to account for rigging the Arena with RNs and my tricks!

114_zpsee314bfd.png
Stay! We need you!
I will conscript you if you try to leave!

115_zps61d0c819.png116_zpsab13721d.png
Fir, unless miners are also fighters, I don't think you'll be fighting miners. Miners can be, you know, citizens that just do manual labor.

117_zps66123d56.png
Is that true? I know the Arena in that one shopping chapter wasn't the first time they met but if you say they met at the Western Isles, I'll take your word on it.

119_zpsf21922d1.png120_zpsb65841ab.png
The reason Fir is also going to the Western Isles is because Karla traveled around the world at Fir's age to train.
It's a good thing Karla was her mother and Bartre her father. If she was the spawn of Karel and some woman, I don't think Noah could say this.

121_zps994c2d3c.png122_zpsca53f59e.png
What a flirt!

I wasn't able to catch up to conscript her but Fir leaves to the south and Noah comes out from the Arena. Thus we start Turn 3 with this arrangement:

123_zps17ac6c9b.png

If I want Noah and Treck to come with me, I think I need to have Roy talk to Jerrot. Roy can talk to Noah but I figure Jerrot's the Ilian mercenary leader and all. It makes more sense to try him first.

124_zpsaef502c8.png
This is Noah. A little speedier than Treck and at the same Defense as Lance. At this point, I have no use for Noah, though I do kind of like the guy as a character. It helps that he has Anima affinity.

125_zps91b5e7b5.png
Let's have Roy talk to Jerrot. Bonus points that Roy gets benefits from the forest.

126_zpsb2727a68.png
Recruitment theme. I like where this is going.

127_zps1a661569.png
I know, right? Most Fire Emblem protagonists before FE6 were teenagers.

128_zpsc2a66f1f.png129_zpsf2f67d88.png
We lost a good unit that day.

132_zps08ee9599.png
Thank you... though I'll be restarting any time a unit falls. Not sure how helpful you guys will be in the long run.

133_zpse91b431d.png
Ah. Only Jerrot is recruited.

134_zpsa64d90cf.png
But I was right. Jerrot can also talk to Noah or Treck to--hopefully--recruit them to my side too.
What I'm thinking then is that if I can get rid of the enemies on the west side, Noah's AI should come to the east to help fight the other enemies, bringing him closer to Roy/Jerrot/Treck. I'll go for that.

There's a Cavalier that has a Javelin past the three west enemies. His range ends right where a unit of mine can directly attack the Cavalier north of Lot.

Lugh roasts him a Wyvern Rider and feasts on some cooked wyvern wings.
Lot is able to hit the Cavalier with his boomerang axe. 2 EXP from leveling up. So close!
Allen misses! He gets punished for messing up.

Dang it. I think ally phase comes after enemy so I wish the Cavalier can kill himself or Noah won't move too far away.

Rutger slaughters the Archer. He gets so much EXP that he's 6 EXP from leveling.
Clarine waves her hands at the Cavalier in hopes to draw him in. She's in the forest so she's safe from death.

135_zps64750d2d.png
More talks!

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 7-2 - *Debias has a legitimate crit chance*]
136_zps4c7c45b4.png
And more recruitment theme means Treck's ours.

137_zps239e0ef9.png
"Whatever. I'm getting money either way."

138_zps5d49cbf3.png139_zps9525b651.png141_zps454a319d.png
Dang, Treck. You sound so ungrateful. I practically saved your life because FE ally AI isn't the best in the world.
You probably would have ended up on the other end of a spear if I didn't recruit you.

Chad doesn't manage to kill the Soldier now stuck at the house. Soldier doesn't manage to hit Chad. Chad is cursed with being 1 EXP away from leveling. In due time, my friend.
Deke can land only one hit on the Javelin Cavalier next to Roy. He's 9 EXP from leveling.
Lance cannot kill the Soldier next to him. Shanna's like, "Nah, nah, let ME take care of this with my OP Strength," and easily kills him with her Iron Lance.
Lance is like, "I feel so emasculated," and kills the Soldier Chad left.
Sue is looking deader by the second. She hides out at the house and uses a Vulnerary so she can benefit from the 10 avoid bonus.
Saul heals Lance.
Treck clears the house of that pesky Archer... except not because he misses two 66 hit attacks. Like really, bro?

We end Turn 3 as such:
142_zps63accb28.png

Archer wants some Nomad horse meat. He nearly kills Sue though Sue slays him on counter.
That Cavalier Allen messed up killing comes at Clarine with an Iron Sword. She dodges.
Steel Lance Knight misses his 25 hit chance of landing 12 damage on Roy. Roy kills him since I left the Rapier on him. 11 EXP till he hits 100.
Thunder Mage hits Roy.
Allen successfully draws in that Javelin Cavalier up top. He gets hit and Allen hits back. 16 EXP for that next level.
Javelin Cavalier misses Roy.

143_zpsf94d1962.png
This Priest thinks he's being smart because he physics this Cavalier. Did he think he was being hot shit when he walked closer to my army? That heals the Cavalier to full.
The other Priest heals that Archer Treck missed to kill twice. That heals the Archer to full.

Ally Noah steal-kills. Hey! That was mine!

144_zps4856e51c.png
Turn 4, now with lolPriest in range.

Noah just moved out of range of Jerrot. If I can, I would like to Rescue-Drop him so we can recruit him this turn. Only thing is is that Noah is a little heavy so it's going to take my mounted units to do this.

The other Priest thought he was being smart too when healing that Archer. My response:

145_zps03b3b413.png
LOL

146_zps1c5d0b9f.png
Darn :c
She does hit him once, though.

Jerrot's the only one now that can kill that Priest. Let me get back to that later.

147_zps9f43f24a.png
This Wyvern Rider never moved. I guess because he's the Red Gem Wyvern Rider. I'm going to attempt to draw him in.

Clarine heals Allen.
Sue takes the house she is stationed at.

149_zpsab4f5dce.png
My own Physic staff? How sweet of you, little girl. Thank you!

Sue parks herself at the next house.
Lugh and the Javelin Cavalier square off. Lugh burns the Cavalier to the ground but not without taking damage. He's 3 EXP from leveling.
Allen takes Noah's reins and pulls Noah's confused horse towards Roy and Jerrot.
Lance nabs the reins from Allen's hands, shouts, "Knock it off!" and hands the reins back to Noah. Noah's horse is very confused and moves to Lance's east. Lance stays put.
Rutger moves to Clarine's south.
Lot heads east.
Deke volunteers to be the Wyvern Rider bait. The farthest space the Wyvern Rider can go happens to be above the spot Deke can take to directly attack the Mage. Deke takes damage in the process of killing the Mage. Killing this Mage gives Deke new knowledge.

150_zps4ebebeba.png
Meh knowledge.

151_zpsc6bdd178.png
Time to conscript this fool.

152_zpsbb6f464d.png154_zps210d8a33.png
"shit he caught me in the act"

155_zpse88b761e.png
"I was just busy hitting on a girl."

156_zpsa62a3f99.png
Yes. Coaching in "swordplay."

157_zpsa180825e.png
I bet Fir ends up being higher-leveled and having a better sword rank than him at base. I'll go, "gg Noah."

158_zps8a7801d2.png
Jerrot: "Likely excuse. I bet you just got shot down, Noah."

159_zps9e19caab.png
I thought so too!

160_zpse5b70872.png
That's very blunt, Jerrot.

163_zps324e64fc.png164_zps36eccb0a.png
I bet you hit the nail on the head, like Matthis does in FE11.

165_zps89a5824f.png
Noah/Fir support confirmed.
Unfortunately, probably won't have enough room for the two.

Jerrot says, "Well, my business is done," and runs off towards the northeast.
Noah needs to help me get rid of this Cavalier. He lands just the one hit I need for Roy to hopefully finish the Cavalier off.
Roy slays the Cavalier with no recoil. That's a wrap for Roy's level.

166_zpsb4c9006d.png
... Even when you proc Defense, you get Resistance.
I don't think that's how physical fighters not Pegasus Knights work, Roy.
I'll take it, though.

Treck finally gets rid of that Archer. Now there's no enemy for the Priests to heal... for now.
I hope those reinforcements aren't coming from the sides or something. That would be REALLY dickish.

Merlinus is going towards a house.
Chad's running north.

167_zps1d0688cc.png
Tried to get everyone in this screenshot.
Saul heals Deke to end my turn.

That Priest Shanna failed to kill runs away and heals himself. Hey!
Wyvern Rider takes the Deke bait. He misses but Deke doesn't twice.

168_zps4d99f916.png
Turn 5, scrolled up for enemy placement.

First order of business:

169_zps8e8612e4.png
Yoink! Steal EXP gives Chad a level up.

170_zps575208fe.png
Dang it, Chad.

Lugh's shy a space from being able to attack the Wyvern Rider. I'm going to use Jerrot for similar effect.

Allen wields his Iron Sword and murders a holy man. Priest-killing is just enough to give Allen a shiny level up.

171_zps358878fd.png
Allen, Chad is not a good role model. Remember, I said you should learn from Lugh about Speed.

Jerrot takes up his Steel Lance and uses the cover of the trees to attack the Wyvern Rider. He dodges and does 18 total damage to the Wyvern Rider.
Lance has to use both of his Iron Lance attacks to kill the Wyvern Rider. And he hits only once. Haaaaaaa. I wanted you to get the kill but fine.
I accidentally move Sue thinking she took the house. I'll have to have her go back.
Merlinus visits a house.

173_zps860bebd1.png
I guess you could say that, lady. Except Merlinus might have just ended everyone because of his stupid suggestion of "DON'T TAKE HELP FROM ETRURIA" had Roy not denied him.

173_zps860bebd1.png
More money's appreciated. Thanks for the Red Gem!

Merlinus uses the rest of his movement towards the other houses.
Deke takes the Wyvern Rider kill.

Close to victory theme... I feel like I'm being deceived. They said there was going to be reinforcements. That the Wyvern General and more Wyvern Riders are coming.
I feel so paranoid right now but I swear if this game ambush spawns me, tables will be flipped.

This Mage is a threat because he's holding onto an Elfire tome. Shanna gets 5 damage but she effectively puts down that Mage. She's 12 EXP from leveling.
Treck visits the top-right house.

175_zpsf2298072.png176_zpse29d2c0e.png
This Horseslayer would have been helpful in Laus, but thanks. I always appreciate free stuff.

Treck treks his way towards the other house.

Rutger's 6 EXP from a level up. How about I get him an Arena kill since it SOUNDS like there are no more enemies.
(I'm still anticipating the game is deceiving me. You guys set me up that this map is hard.)

So, okay, let's go for the Arena.

177_zpse670ecc7.png
Music here is not very smooth. I feel like I'm hearing strong smashes against cymbals but okay.

178_zps7e190a1b.png
Eh. 700, maybe not. Let me aim for a little lower.

179_zpsde416415.png
660 is about as low as I can get it. There was a 650 but I couldn't find it again.
Sure, let's go for it. Got to get my finger ready to mash that X (B) button...
Okay. Lessgo!

180_zpsbcff0b03.png
Level 8 Pirate. Shouldn't be too bad.

181_zpsf783e81d.png
Huh. Is this a remix of the FE4 normal battle theme? If so, I really like that theme.
Rutger easily kills this Pirate though he did take a hit. What does he get?

182_zps371da6f9.png
More Strength on my Myrmidons? I'll gladly take it.

Clarine heals Rutger on a job well done.
Lots going to visit the Vendor.
Lugh rushes towards the rest of the group. Poor kid's all bruised up.
Saul heals the orphan kid to full health.
Now that we SUPPOSEDLY finished this map, Roy's heading west. Next turn, Chad will follow along to open the door for his lord.

I accidentally forget to screenshot after moving Noah towards the Armories.
The Priest is running away and tending to his wounds. Not for long, my friend.

Turn 6
183_zps3e2f800d.png

Sue visits that house I forgot to have her visit last turn.

184_zps730fbf52.png
HEY. WHY AREN'T YOU FIGHTING WITH US?

185_zps49d7408c.png
Oh wow. Um. I'm sorry, man. I admit that was cruel of me to say. You've gone through a rough time. You deserve some rest.

186_zps8b3eecc7.png
!! Thank you, fellow soldier!

187_zps101fe01f.png
No worries, friend. I will become an ally of justice and fight for this great nation.

Going to the convoy for now...
Oh man! My first promotion item!
Though I've heard that there is an issue with this game's promotion items. Like the lack of them or something... yeah. I heard something about that.
Hero's Crest. For Fighters, Myrmidons, and Mercenaries. More than likely at this rate, Lot won't be a good contender for it. I'm anticipating only having one-two, maybe three of each promotion item.
If it's one, this Hero Crest is going to be hard to choose between Deke and Rutger. Two's preferrable so I can have a Hero and a Swordmaster.
Hm... but neither are close to being level 10 right now and I can't even remember the caps for them so...
Worry about that later.

Treck visits the last house. Can it beat out getting a Hero's Crest?

188_zpsa36d1d57.png
Ah. An Elixir. Not too bad. It's not a promotion item but Elixirs are good for later.

190_zps1e73d62c.png
I see what you're doing, Treck. Pulling the reverse psychology. You sneaky devil.

191_zps9cd8e831.png
Treck successfully cons an Elixir out of her. That unassuming face belies a devilish man.

Treck moves closer to the Armories.

Who wants a free Priest kill? I think Shanna does.
I'm totally spoiling her.

192_zps9cd8e831.png

193_zps30ebbf6a.png
Mwahahahaha

Roy, Lugh, Chad, Deke, and Lot head towards the gate after Saul heals Lot.
Allen and Lance head together a little south, enough for Rutger and Clarine to head together east and for Clarine to heal Allen.
Noah and Jerrot follow that group to the gate.

194_zpscf5e5f2a.png
Turn 7 without Shanna and Sue in sight.

Shanna smears Priest blood all over the floor. She gets more powerful.

195_zpsdb9f4f51.png
More typical Pegasus Knight level up. She finally gets Resistance.

Clarine heals Chad before he goes to unlock the gate.
My army starts to storm towards the castle. Saul heals Roy before he moves too. The Heal staff breaks.
Allen and Lance team up to Rescue-Drop Rutger next to Clarine. All the support points.

196_zps5d9d1cc7.png197_zpsa0140da3.png
This is at the most east Armory.
Probably don't need to stock up on bows for a while since Sue will probably be having difficulties--if I plan to keep using her. I can see why an Arena popped up the chapter after she is recruited and why she is level 1.
Steel Lances are finally in stock. But...

198_zps5cf43313.png
Huuuurgh
I swear the Steel Lance wasn't this bad in FE7! My god!
Its horrendous weight is the same, that's for sure, but the hit is the same as a Javelin! Why?!
No, hold on, I'm free game to look at FE7 weapon stats. I'm looking this up.
It was buffed in FE7! To 70!
I don't understand. How could Intelligent Systems almost replicate FE1's thing of making swords better by the sheer fact that they're the most accurate weapon type when there's weapon triangle in play?
FE1 didn't have that! It made sense that swords were the best by accuracy since there was no weapon triangle. And that was in a 1 RN and direct Speed - Weight system!
I just... aaaagh. Forget it.

Seems I'm weaning Shanna off the Slim Lance effectively so I don't think I'll buy another Slim Lance.
Three Iron Lances, two Steel Lances, three Javelins should do it for now. All because I don't know when the next shops are and I would rather not pay at the price the Trade-Armory sells weapons at.
Noah rescues Chad and will drop him off closer to the chest room.

I end my turn and...

199_zpsb5f5afda.png
Oh! That's charming! I almost didn't catch these.
Way to just ambush spawn that on me, game!
Thankfully, Jerrot was the only one to actually enter the complex.

Roy gets hit by the Elfire Mage.
Jerrot gets hit by the Archer.
It's a Steel Lance vs. Steel Lance battle for the Soldier and Jerrot. Jerrot one ups him... except by not killing the Soldier.
Surprisingly and thankfully, the Mage AI went for an injured Roy than a rescuing-Noah. Uh... huh... Anyway, Roy gets hit by lightning.
Jerrot gets a Steel Bow arrow lodged in him.

Turn 8
200_zpsf8be701b.png

This game tried to make me reset. I will murder you all.
First priority of course is any ranged weaponry. Among these enemies is just one Javelin Soldier. My priority is the Archers and Mages too.
Getting rid of enemies also takes more priority than EXP distribution. I'm using Jerrot.

Noah sees that clusterfuck, bolts east, and drops off Chad.
I want to heal Roy before he goes to prove he's a mage-killer though Lugh's in the way. First, Jerrot attacks the Mage next to him. He gets hit by Elfire and because Steel Lance hit is stupid he can only hit once.
But this is enough damage for Lugh to quickly kill off that mage. He levels up.

201_zps53c49298.png
Harvest all that Magic, kid. You'll go places.

Clarine heals Roy. She's 1 EXP from leveling, of course.
Roy kills the Mage with no complications.

I'm going to be sneaky here.

202_zpsff48a895.png203_zpsd16b954e.png204_zpsfad65d31.png
The Soldiers are very weak but they all carry Steel Lances.

What I'm trying to prevent here is having someone like Deke, Lot, or Roy get bombarded by Soldiers, kill off the Soldiers, encounter another taking its place, and finally have the Archers fire a volley at them freely.
Hopefully with this plan, the Archers won't move and the only one at risk is Jerrot and Lugh.

Treck moves towards the other Armory as Merlinus does for the Vendor.
Allen and Lance Rescue-Drop Rutger next to Clarine.

Final results of Turn 8:
205_zps23302d17.png

Debias has a shot at Deke but Deke doesn't have a sword equipped so no WTA for him. What does he say?

206_zpsa32ece6e.png207_zpse6c9b99d.png
Dude, you had two. Two really isn't that big of a deal.

Debias hits Deke for 14 damage. Ow. Also, Debias has a crit chance with Deke, hence why I tried to lower Debias' accuracy the best I could.
Steel Bow Archer misses his shot at Roy.
Javelin Soldier misses Deke.
Steel Bow Archer also misses Roy.
I miscounted. There's two Javelin Soldiers. The Javelin Soldier hits Deke. If that other Javelin Soldier hit, Deke would have died. That's nice.

Okay. Turn 9 and we're getting rid of these enemies. We have reinforcements of Allen, Lance, Rutger, and Clarine to help us clear these enemies out.
Lot takes back his stuff from Roy and kills the Javelin Soldier. One ranged enemy down this turn.

208_zpscd4f54ea.png
Apparently this Lot likes the Strength just fine.

Lugh ends that other Javelin Soldier.
Chad opens up the chest chamber.
Shanna heads west.
Jerrot hands Deke back his equipment and kills the east Archer.
Deke misses one of his 85 hit attacks with an Iron Blade against the Archer.
Roy steps a pace south.
Clarine saves Deke and returns to her original spot.
Noah takes and drops Deke east.
Allen kills off the east Steel Lance Soldier.
Lance gets hit by the Archer because he misses his first hit but he does succeed in killing the Archer, leaving one Steel Lance Soldier left.

At the Vendor...
209_zpsf94e4e44.png210_zps93af4486.png

While I would never buy Chest Keys unless I was in a ranked run and knew what I was getting, I'm thinking that cutting down on time can lead to less mess ups (especially after long periods of play), so a set may be helpful in this scenario.
Between Heals and Mends, I purchase more Heals than Mends since Mends don't give that much more EXP than Heals, Heals are cheaper by the use, and Heals have more uses. Mend does have uses but I staffspam with Heals for the EXP.

I'm going to buy a couple Fire and Thunder tomes, three Heals, a spare Mend, five Door Keys, and a set of Chest Keys.

I killed off Cath so having a map where I need to bring two Thief units to get all treasures in a decent amount of time is out of the question now. I hope just a set is good for the rest of the game.

At the west Armory...
211_zpsba144def.png212_zpse1432070.png

This game is still trying to sell me Slim Swords. I think it wants to tease me about the fact that Fir isn't recruited this chapter. Even a promoted Sue would be able to wield an Iron Sword so Slim Swords are just useless to me.

The number of sword-users hasn't changed. This shop's trying to sell me Iron Blades but Iron Blades aren't that great when compared to the Steel Sword. For 380G more, I can have +1 Mt, -5 hit, +2 Wt. Yay?

I'll buy three Iron Swords, two Steel Swords, and a Hand Axe.

Turn 9 ending results
213_zps1c80fa45.png

Steel Lance Soldier fails to hit Lance. Lance hits back once. Lance is 8 EXP from leveling. One of his Javelins broke.

214_zps94416493.png215_zps879ee166.png
Oh not this shit again.
Nope. Nope. Sorry buddy but I think I've had it up to here with your reinforcements, especially after what happened when I entered your castle.

I have to hold out for Chad to get to the chests, which is just one more turn.

216_zpse290107e.png
This is good for EXP spamming.

Lance slaughters the Soldier.

217_zps51b0e1f8.png
I'm still rather convinced the game is lying to me. That shouldn't read "Cavalier"; that should be "Myrmidon."

Either I've been bad with getting Luck increases or the game expects me to have supports to completely cancel out Debias' 8 crit chance.

Saul heals Deke with his Mend.

Now the support bonuses I remember best are Fire, Anima, and Thunder. Fire for Attack and Crit, Anima for mixture of Attack and Defense, and Thunder for Defense, but I remember that Thunder does give Crit Avoid, which would be good for this scenario.
Clarine and Rutger have Thunder and Dark, respectively. Dark's not really known for me because I just remember it wasn't that great. I can take a stab and say that Dark does contribute to Crit Avoid; which, if it does, Rutger would have enough Crit Avoid to null Debias' crit chance.

Clarine heals Jerrot. That's a level for...

218_zps5b867d34.png
Argh, Clarine! No!

Okay. Whatever. Bring Rutger up there and no crit chance. Good. All I need to do is hand off the Armorslayer to him and it should be fine.

Deke moves out of the way.
Noah takes the Armorslayer off of Saul and moves in a spot where Rutger can take it and attack Debias at once.

220_zpsa8c8c90d.png
Compared to the Hammer, these are really good odds. Let's go.

Both do their full attacks. That leaves Debias down to 3 HP.
Allen can go up to attack Debias but his chances are low. I'm going to try Lugh.

221_zpsd2344861.png
Please don't crit, please don't crit, please---

222_zps29a67ecd.png
YES

223_zps3b7136c9.png224_zps09404c75.png
Your crit chance will not haunt me anymore!

225_zps83d38b96.png
Alright, Lugh, whatever. Speed's good.

OKAY. One more turn and we can get out of here.

226_zps2ab4d498.png
You tease me, game.

Doing the last bit of healing. Saul withdraws a Heal even.

227_zps4b59386f.png
Sure. HP. The only real thing you can use right now.

Claim the throne, Roy!

228_zps300b0ebe.png
Yep. No reinforcements to boot, Roy. Except, you know, the ones that ambushed me in the castle.
That was just dirty, game. REALLY DIRTY.

229_zps4da94ce0.png
That is what we came to do.

230_zps71fcd29f.png
No, Merlinus. Sit your ass down.
I will not listen to more of your tactics because you have proven your incomptence, in my eyes.

231_zpsb026aaf4.png
... haaa. I guess that's fair.

232_zps583ef80f.png234_zps11644071.png
I guess Eliwood or Hector never told their children about the story of how they killed a fire dragon.
That would have been a great bedtime story. Seriously.

235_zps48e0a724.png
I was under the belief that Mark was the greatest tactician in Lycia. The best ending for Mark even said that Lycia and Bern would go to war for those awesome skills.
But I guess Mark is about as existent as Lyn is in this game.

238_zps82b50dd5.png
A competent bow-user or Mage, like Lugh, makes real short work of their HP.
The only real reason at this moment why they are formidable is because we don't have a reliable axe-user.
Or even reliable axes. As this game has proven to me.

240_zpsa98934a1.png
Shit, Roy. A dragon probably eats wyverns for breakfast.

241_zpsee803bea.png
Please don't wield that weapon, Roy. Armands curses the wielder to a warrior's death eventually. Give it off to someone you hate but is reliable to your team.

242_zps23761f4f.png
Merlinus dropped the bomb.

243_zps38cf351a.png
But of course, Roy. Fire Emblem is all about chances and statistics.

246_zps39bf58b4.png
Finally! Now we can save Lilina!

We have broken into Castle Ostia in hopes to rescue Lilina. Finally, we can put this mission in the bag. After this upcoming chapter, can I stop saying if we rescue Lilina? I guess I'll find out!

Roy        Lord          9.51    26      9       9      10       9       6       6
Allen      Cavalier     10.22    28     12       8      10       8       7       0
Lance      Cavalier      9.21    27      7       9      13       5       6       1
Merlinus   Transporter   1.01    15      0       3       3      10       3       0
Deke       Mercenary     8.79    28     10      13      11       7       7       1
Lot        Fighter       7.34    33     10       6       8       3       5       1
Shanna     Peg Knight   10.04    21(+7)  9      10      17      13       6       7
Chad       Thief         7.09    21      7       6      15       8       3       0
Lugh       Mage         11.22    19      7      11      11       7       6       7
Clarine    Troubadour    4.21    16      3       5       9      10       2       6
Rutger     Myrmidon      8.39    26      9      14      13       5       5       1
Saul       Priest        7.00    22      5       8      11       3       2       6
Sue        Nomad         1.65    18      5       7       8       4       5       0

*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

Edited by Dual Dragons

Basically PuffPuff describes what units to use, what items to use on the units, what weapons should be used with certain units, and she compares growth rates. I called it spoilers because she mentions units that you have not yet encountered and growth rates which you asked us not hint at.

Lance is a myrmidon that uses lances that makes up for the crappy damage.

Also, I highly recommend you keep the first new recruit of the next chapter alive. *hint* Whether you use said unit is a different story.

Edited by momogeek2141

See after Ch8

Wow okay this is hella detailed and I really like it.

Use Rutger, he's borderline required. That's all I ask. I'd say Lugh or Raigh too but you don't have to.

Everyone who's played FE6 knows how badly you can get stat screwed, so if you get +skill +luck only level ups on supposedly "good characters" don't be alarmed. Magic is pretty good in this game because it hits easily and enemies have terribad resistance, so use lugh Lillina and Ray if you want to. I'll let you do your thing though...

[spoiler=Chapter 2 - *Hard-to-Kill Mercenaries*]

I got new blood.

66_zpsb866adb9.png
If there's anything FE7 and FE9/10 have taught me is that Mercenaries are great.
That base 12 Skl and 10 Spd on a Level 5 Mercenary. So good.
I will likely use this man.

67_zps988dfaef.png
The first thing I notice is that her mouth is open in her mugshot. Honestly don't remember if any other mugshot had a character with their mouth constantly open... but I can see why you wouldn't anymore. It looks silly.
And like any GBAFE game, Peg Knights with their pitifully low Con. Except now they're stuck on terrible accuracy lances.
12 Spd's good, though, on a Level 1 Peg Knight. Not too far away from capping.
I hope this isn't a sign that her Spd growth is bad.

86_zps2dfa330f.png
Daaaaang it. Just typical.
Also, her mouth is closed. Interesting.

I was so excited upon this new translation thanks to Awakening's existance that I had to LP this new patch! <3
Yes, Shanna. Good girl!

[spoiler=Chapter 3 - *I set up Lugh*s bomb*]
Apparently something is happening at the northern house.

49_zpsbb33a32a.png
Those clothes on the kid. Is that a mage?

50_zpsd15bd981.png
Oh, that's Lugh! I've heard about you!
You will go straight to my team. I like mages.

51_zps00c7546e.png
Wait. I need Chad to visit this house?
Dang it.

52_zps6448e476.png
Raigh? The other guy I was told to get?
Yeah. When's he coming?

54_zps748e954b.png
Oh Lugh. Don't worry, Chad's coming for ya!

67_zpse2c5d370.png
This person can summon dragons just like that?
We're goners.

68_zps57c21132.png
Instead of ending my game right here, he opts to do it himself.
What a dumbass.

70_zpsac245ea7.png
Final stage of game?

Zephiel is leaving Lycia in Narcian's hands.

74_zpsa804e1fa.png75_zps4ba5d680.png76_zps984c8ec4.png
Gotta give credit to Zephiel. He's not going to discriminate.

79_zps97b3b8db.png
You tell me, Narcian. She can SUMMON DRAGONS.
I can see plenty of things to see in her.

80_zps751db0b7.png
Okay, Narcian. It's on your head if Slater fucks up.

87_zps6e1a3f42.png
No need. He will be converted into delicious EXP for my team.

102_zps691fe9c6.png
I'll make you the strongest mage Elibe has ever seen.

103_zpsf0b4151a.png
Where IS Raigh, by the way?

So Lugh's stats:

105_zps92cd227b.png
I can't remember but I think he's better than Erk at base. That's a plus.
And I know this is one of Nino's twin children. It's good to see the kid.
The magic intensifies since I will be using Lugh.
Also Fire affinity, one of the best affinities in GBAFE.
This kid's looking golden.

If I want Chad to be plundering chests now that the throne room is opened up, I guess I'll pick him up with Lance... though that would be leaving Lugh in the dust.
Eh. I guess Lugh will take the boss kill.

But Shanna gets a level up

120_zps60b270e9.png
My god, Shanna.
Yes. All the Strength.

143_zps18bd2363.png
Ah, yes. Armands, right?
But wait.
Doesn't Armands damn a person to a warrior's death?
And you want Roy to take this weapon?
Hector, what are you doing?!

144_zps02d870f2.png
So we're grabbing Lilina for more magic? Great!
After what happened to Lugh... no wait. I won't bring that up.
It'll make the tears flow again.

145_zps0689fd9e.png
No Hector! ;-;
My good unit! ;~;

146_zps4bcd260d.png
Noooooooo

Hector has fallen. He got the warrior's death that was promised in FE7.
I wasn't expecting Hector's death to come this early but I could see how it could be seen as emotional, especially if one knew that this was going to happen in FE7 and played through Hector's story.

But now we must make our way to Ostia and find the answers to how Bern was able to summon dragons.

By the way, I had to cut out some images that I originally had in here because of the limit. I don't want to have to compromise too much since it's supposed to be a blind let's play and I figure it's necessary that everyone needs to hear and see my reactions to cutscenes, events, and the like, but I also like to provide screenshots of what I'm doing in the gameplay.

So I may need to make double-posts for a single chapter. Unless anyone can suggest a method of not having to cut out too many images.

Ugh.
Better give him your Power Rings to uphold that reputation.
See after Ch8

I've forgot that Lugh has a better affinty than Lilina, but her better offense more than compensates for her worth of use. Plus 2HOing
Look after Ch12

dragons

later in the game is always a good thing. That Lilina can do!

Spoiler: every map is seize.

[spoiler=Tequila]

19_zps9391f6b4.png21_zpsc7819595.png
Is this the obligatory "hint-at-incest" brother-sister relationship?
Okay.

22_zpsfd75b323.png23_zps960415d2.png24_zpse50fe4cc.png
Ho! Shots fired!

This is Cavalier and Bow-User Central so lance units are good here. I will fight Cavalier to Cavalier, maybe even Knight to Cavalier. None of these enemies have particularly interesting weapons so I should be safe.
I also remember in FE7 that this map had a Brigand come down to destroy Priscilla's village. I'm going to anticipate the same deal.
103_zpsc489ec30.png
Shanna intensifies.

Reset: 1

I'm not sure how I'll do more playthroughs of a chapter but I'll think of something. Haha, oh god, I was laughing when Wade died because I anticipated a Rutger ambush spawn and it happened.
Murphey's Law came to bite me in the ass.

[spoiler=Chapter 4.3 - *I finally know what is in the south village!*]

12_zpsa3c77946.png13_zpsd1c507d2.png
Really, Wade. You're not even the Fighter I'm using the most. You'd best calm down.

14_zps12956fd9.png
Or he doesn't want you to die because you already did.

15_zpsb46850a3.png
More like the opposite but whatever helps you sleep at night.

16_zps1957af7e.png17_zps1c823e6d.png
It's called "caring."

18_zps4e975637.png
Oh dang, Lot. Dem's fighting words!
20_zps07bc9bf0.png
Shannaaaaaa.
Anna is blessing her with the Strength.

55_zpsba059ee9.png

59_zps0dc4dfeb.png

63_zps50d7febf.png

118_zps9584cbeb.png
Huh? Where's Yoder?

119_zps0a5638f2.png
Is he of importance?

120_zps14c58860.png
Okay...

121_zps7ce3d161.png

122_zps0c391742.png

Grah!
136_zpsb7ffbcba.png137_zps2a098d35.png
Good

Ace Attorney I Case V

34_zps0a5c3a92.png

91_zps0e8f83e8.png
Dorothy. Dorothy...

Level up for Lance.
106_zps8702d6b4.png

15% more Luck
15% more Speed
5% more Skill
Ditch her if you must.

Basically, I was commenting about Shanna of how good that she is turning out in this run, how effectively that ???(Ch8) should be used and everything else that momo said!
This was what I was saying that spoilers are removed this time from the later chapters and others have been tagged to see when to see them as it regards important info to a future character from a chapter from now! :D

[spoiler=Chapter 7-1 - *Bern*s Wyverns are scary*]
7_zps4545033d.png
Welcome to Ostia proper! From what people have been saying, I should prepare myself because this shit is real. First thing I see are all these red houses.
Either that's a really good sign or a really bad sign. I did say earlier that red houses usually mean goodies--but I will not be surprised if these "goodies" turn out to be sirens for enemy reinforcements to end me.

25_zpsbd423b36.png
Shanna has been doing really well in the offensive department--her Strength especially. It's the same as Lot's and Marcus'. I would use Shanna more if she had more reliable defenses. Unlike Allen and Lance, she can do solo missions easily due to flight utility.
As much as I like Wyvern Riders and Milady is probably going to be recruitable eventually, I think I need Shanna's contribution more right now. Seems like there is no Use option in FE6 so I'm having to wait until the map starts. At least I'll have a save from before I used it... though I am forbidding myself to restart unless absolutely necessary.
34_zpse9c0787d.png
Is Narcian going to try to have his way Lilina? Not on my watch!
66_zpsd900a08d.png67_zpsecb3e4ee.png
OH FUCK OFF, MERLINUS.
Let me ask you, old man. Would you rather us ask for help and resolve this issue and possibly get our prides wounded?
Or would you rather keep our pride but be DEAD and have dragons rule the continent for eternity to come?
YOU'D BEST SHUT YOUR MOUTH BEFORE I OFF YOU.

68_zps6a0a28cd.png69_zpsb13ed35e.png
Good. See, Roy and I are on the same page.
I understand that "pride" and "taking us seriously" make sense after the conflict is over.
But that's the thing, Merlinus. We aren't guaranteed victory at this point. Your words would make more sense if we assessed the situation and said we can handle it ourselves.
But recall Bern has DRAGONS. DRAGONS. They downed Hector and you say, "NOOOOO. OUR PRIDE!"
Dragons don't care about pride. They'll just end us and you would be the cause of why we perished.
I hope you remember this the next time you open your mouth, Merlinus.
93_zps3a3d5e55.png
Their descriptions say they are Ilian mercenaries. I'm guessing I have Roy talk to them to recruit. Ally units mean they will be stealing my EXP or end up killing themselves. Better get to them soon then.
Jerrot's looking pretty good for a level 1 prepromote Paladin. They're slightly better bases than Marcus. Having another Paladin at level 1 is sketchy. Either the game expects that Marcus died and the player could have another Paladin or either Marcus or Jerrot have better growths over the other. Still, a Paladin addition isn't bad.
Treck, though, is not looking good. Level 4 Cavalier when I have Allen and Lance higher-leveled than him. I guess again that Treck and Noah are there if Allen and/or Lance were killed; however, Treck doesn't seem that special besides that higher Def. My guess is is that he's a Lowen, which I wasn't that fond of.
This game is saturating me with Cavaliers and Paladins. I wonder why.

It's hell on Hard. Rivals that to Thracia 776's difficulty.
That was a problem since the FE days with Marth upon the NES game, there was no storage, period! Just a tent that can hold up to 40 things which you are forced to pay 10 gold for each item that you store. If your tent is full, your forced to discard one item. FE3 is like FE6 that it is what you see now.
He'll already get gutted by me the player if he lays a hand on her. (Would have to bolster Roy to make that possible though. XD)
He's officially died from his happy go lucky state. ;P
*Spoiler*
He's one of the important characters to keep alive.
...And like Marth's games, they litter you with many cavs.

[spoiler=Chapter 7-2 - *Debias has a legitimate crit chance*]
146_zps1c5d0b9f.png
Darn :c
She does hit him once, though.

Jerrot's the only one now that can kill that Priest. Let me get back to that later.

So, okay, let's go for the Arena.

177_zpse670ecc7.png
Music here is not very smooth. I feel like I'm hearing strong smashes against cymbals but okay.

178_zps7e190a1b.png
Eh. 700, maybe not. Let me aim for a little lower.

179_zpsde416415.png
660 is about as low as I can get it. There was a 650 but I couldn't find it again.
Sure, let's go for it. Got to get my finger ready to mash that X (B) button...
Okay. Lessgo!
182_zps371da6f9.png
More Strength on my Myrmidons? I'll gladly take it.

187_zps101fe01f.png
No worries, friend. I will become an ally of justice and fight for this great nation.

Going to the convoy for now...
Oh man! My first promotion item!
Though I've heard that there is an issue with this game's promotion items. Like the lack of them or something... yeah. I heard something about that.
Hero's Crest. For Fighters, Myrmidons, and Mercenaries. More than likely at this rate, Lot won't be a good contender for it. I'm anticipating only having one-two, maybe three of each promotion item.
If it's one, this Hero Crest is going to be hard to choose between Deke and Rutger. Two's preferrable so I can have a Hero and a Swordmaster.
Hm... but neither are close to being level 10 right now and I can't even remember the caps for them so...
Worry about that later.

Treck visits the last house. Can it beat out getting a Hero's Crest?

188_zpsa36d1d57.png
Ah. An Elixir. Not too bad. It's not a promotion item but Elixirs are good for later.

190_zps1e73d62c.png
I see what you're doing, Treck. Pulling the reverse psychology. You sneaky devil.

191_zps9cd8e831.png
Treck successfully cons an Elixir out of her. That unassuming face belies a devilish man.

Treck moves closer to the Armories.

Who wants a free Priest kill? I think Shanna does.

192_zps9cd8e831.png

193_zps30ebbf6a.png
Mwahahahaha

Roy, Lugh, Chad, Deke, and Lot head towards the gate after Saul heals Lot.
Allen and Lance head together a little south, enough for Rutger and Clarine to head together east and for Clarine to heal Allen.
Noah and Jerrot follow that group to the gate.

194_zpscf5e5f2a.png
Turn 7 without Shanna and Sue in sight.

Shanna smears Priest blood all over the floor. She gets more powerful.

195_zpsdb9f4f51.png
More typical Pegasus Knight level up. She finally gets Resistance.

Clarine heals Chad before he goes to unlock the gate.
My army starts to storm towards the castle. Saul heals Roy before he moves too. The Heal staff breaks.
Allen and Lance team up to Rescue-Drop Rutger next to Clarine. All the support points.

196_zps5d9d1cc7.png197_zpsa0140da3.png
This is at the most east Armory.
Probably don't need to stock up on bows for a while since Sue will probably be having difficulties--if I plan to keep using her. I can see why an Arena popped up the chapter after she is recruited and why she is level 1.
Steel Lances are finally in stock. But...

198_zps5cf43313.png
Huuuurgh
I swear the Steel Lance wasn't this bad in FE7! My god!
Its horrendous weight is the same, that's for sure, but the hit is the same as a Javelin! Why?!

No, hold on, I'm free game to look at FE7 weapon stats. I'm looking this up.
It was buffed in FE7! To 70!
I don't understand. How could Intelligent Systems almost replicate FE1's thing of making swords better by the sheer fact that they're the most accurate weapon type when there's weapon triangle in play?
FE1 didn't have that! It made sense that swords were the best by accuracy since there was no weapon triangle. And that was in a 1 RN and direct Speed - Weight system!
I just... aaaagh. Forget it.
202_zpsff48a895.png203_zpsd16b954e.png204_zpsfad65d31.png
The Soldiers are very weak but they all carry Steel Lances.

What I'm trying to prevent here is having someone like Deke, Lot, or Roy get bombarded by Soldiers, kill off the Soldiers, encounter another taking its place, and finally have the Archers fire a volley at them freely.
Hopefully with this plan, the Archers won't move and the only one at risk is Jerrot and Lugh.

Treck moves towards the other Armory as Merlinus does for the Vendor.
Allen and Lance Rescue-Drop Rutger next to Clarine.

Final results of Turn 8:

At the Vendor...
209_zpsf94e4e44.png210_zps93af4486.png

While I would never buy Chest Keys unless I was in a ranked run and knew what I was getting, I'm thinking that cutting down on time can lead to less mess ups (especially after long periods of play), so a set may be helpful in this scenario.
Between Heals and Mends, I purchase more Heals than Mends since Mends don't give that much more EXP than Heals, Heals are cheaper by the use, and Heals have more uses. Mend does have uses but I staffspam with Heals for the EXP.

I'm going to buy a couple Fire and Thunder tomes, three Heals, a spare Mend, five Door Keys, and a set of Chest Keys.

I killed off Cath so having a map where I need to bring two Thief units to get all treasures in a decent amount of time is out of the question now. I hope just a set is good for the rest of the game.
218_zps5b867d34.png
Argh, Clarine! No!
221_zpsd2344861.png
Please don't crit, please don't crit, please---

222_zps29a67ecd.png
YES

223_zps3b7136c9.png224_zps09404c75.png
Your crit chance will not haunt me anymore!
232_zps583ef80f.png234_zps11644071.png
I guess Eliwood or Hector never told their children about the story of how they killed a fire dragon.
That would have been a great bedtime story. Seriously.

235_zps48e0a724.png
I was under the belief that Mark was the greatest tactician in Lycia. The best ending for Mark even said that Lycia and Bern would go to war for those awesome skills.
But I guess Mark is about as existent as Lyn is in this game.

We have broken into Castle Ostia in hopes to rescue Lilina. Finally, we can put this mission in the bag. After this upcoming chapter, can I stop saying if we rescue Lilina? I guess I'll find out!

Class Lv HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res

Roy Lord 9.51 26 9 9 10 9 6 6
Allen Cavalier 10.22 28 12 8 10 8 7 0
Lance Cavalier 9.21 27 7 9 13 5 6 1
Merlinus Transporter 1.01 15 0 3 3 10 3 0
Deke Mercenary 8.79 28 10 13 11 7 7 1
Lot Fighter 7.34 33 10 6 8 3 5 1
Shanna Peg Knight 10.04 21(+7) 9 10 17 13 6 7
Chad Thief 7.09 21 7 6 15 8 3 0
Lugh Mage 11.22 19 7 11 11 7 6 7
Clarine Troubadour 4.21 16 3 5 9 10 2 6
Rutger Myrmidon 8.39 26 9 14 13 5 5 1
Saul Priest 7.00 22 5 8 11 3 2 6
Sue Nomad 1.65 18 5 7 8 4 5 0

*DEATH*

*RESET*

Chapter 4 Wade Ambush spawn - Rutger
Chapter 4 Lugh Ambush spawn - Rutger

*LOST*

Chapter 6 Cath Combat - Chad
Thracia 776's and this games RNG is phail. x.x
The misic from the Arena's of this game are from Thracia776. Play it, it's difficult, but a hell of alot better than this game!
Bold: Not really. Except for the Hero Crests(rare) and Guilding Rings(rare).
Bold: Steel weapons are good for one thing...they raise weapon level more quickly and that they give off two weapon points per strike.
Bold: The Wyvern Knight (That carry the same weapons) are always a pain to kill in the beginning that Lugh(Fire), Kill Axe Lot and bows could only do any good dmg on them. -.-
Bold: Since she's dead...might as well say it... I've also said that you should kill her from spoilers, because she tries to robs your treasure in later chapters if she's alive.
This often happens since her offense growth is only 30%. That snob. x.x
That was a lucky kill. :D
Since the RNG often derps at that % since starting from this game onward, the RNG uses two random numbers while FE's 1-5 only used one.
:D
Mark was MU, but he wasn't playable.
-----
It's amazing that you had no death's upon the hardest chapter in the game! It's hell on hard, trust me!
Edited by PuffPuff

I don't mean to hate on you, but Dual Dragons asked us to avoid explicitly stating growth rates. Just try to avoid that in the future. He did say we can say how "good" a unit is, like Rutger.

Also just correcting some things you said: the music is from Fe4 actually, Fe7's arena music is from thracia 776.

Game mechanics spoiler

All weapons also only give 1 wexp, whether it's steel, iron, etc. Only staves give more than 1.

Edited by momogeek2141

I don't mean to hate on you, but Dual Dragons asked us to avoid explicitly stating growth rates. Just try to avoid that in the future. He did say we can say how "good" a unit is, like Rutger.

Also just correcting some things you said: the music is from Fe4 actually, Fe7's arena music is from thracia 776.

Game mechanics spoiler

All weapons also only give 1 wexp, whether it's steel, iron, etc. Only staves give more than 1.

XW0fqE.jpg

Ok.

No growth rates.

What about Devil Axes? Shouldn't they give off 8 Wpn exp?

Not in this game. That's why you're better off sticking to your original weapon type, because it will take forever to level up your weapon rank. Only staves give different amounts of wexp if I remember correctly. You have to burn through 6 lightning tomes to get to Aureola use of your name isn't Yodel. That takes forever without arena abuse.

Edited by momogeek2141

Fair warning: this game is REALLY stingy with the guiding rings. (count on getting 2 in a blind run, although you can buy more if you can guess where a secret shop is.) The game also gives you light and dark prepromotes who are arguably better than raising unpromoted characters. Is it OK if we do spoilers like this?

@PuffPuff: Maybe it's because I didn't wait for the southern reinforcements but I didn't find Chapter 7 as hard as I was thinking. The greatest risks were the castle reinforcement (because ambush spawn) and Debias' 8 crit. Since I'm past it now, I think it's fair to talk about what makes it hard or challenging even in NM. Perhaps my beefy Shanna had to do with its easiness as well...

@momogeek2141: If it's the person I think you're referring to, I may find room for them or end up replacing one of my units with them.

@sirmola: I would say for the most part what you wrote was vague/hinting. The prepromote types might have been too telling but nothing to fret about. I've heard about the promotion item problem before so hopefully I'll be prepared for that, haha. Also, thanks for the view and post!

*Part two is coming right after! This part ends at Turn 6 player phase's end.

Mission: save Lilina from the General traitor Legance. Our goal is clear.
I will be victorious!

[spoiler=Chapter 8-1 - *Rescue-Dropping--also, Wendy*]
1_zps925d43d0.png2_zps6c4969ea.png
As it must be. Hector was an awesome armored Lord.

4_zpsf080d8d7.png5_zps0d66c71f.png
We are the castle crashers!

Now we're in the castle interior.
This place actually looks familiar to me. My friend was streaming this chapter one time long ago. If I have this right,

6_zps7571a1d1.png
There will be a recruitable character here. It was a female Knight--Wendy, was it?--at this location. We'll need to break down the wall.

The thing about this castle:

7_zps385b2e9d.png
Chests. Chests everywhere. Chad will need to tag along again.

8_zpsbd9400a8.png
There's this little area here too. Now this I don't remember. Pretty much my memory stops at the top area of this map. It's another curious spot so I should have a look into it.

9_zpsaf710a5e.png
Stairs are either one of two things: reinforcements for me or for the enemies. More than likely the enemy. I better stay on my toes.
We did send the letter over to the Mage General. Maybe she will come in this map too?

10_zps60cbab8a.png11_zps1222b56c.png12_zps292c044e.png13_zps4faa59df.png
Soldiers, Archers, Mages, and Knights. Very appropriate for a storming castle chapter. My problem will probably be the Knights and Archers. Knights will block the way and Archers can shoot me through walls.

14_zpsbb2b937a.png
I say this about the Knights because of this map's layout. My first thought is who designed this place? Hector must have thought his ambassadors, senators, and visitors needed some exercise because he makes them snake around just to get to the throne room.
My other thought is that this definitely will make it harder on the player. There are no breakable walls except for that area mentioned earlier. I really will need to hurry down these hallways.
I say "hurry" because I'm going to guess that enemy reinforcements will be hot on my trail.

All this to get to the boss.

15_zpsbdfbd252.png16_zps780dd13d.png
Legance is the first promoted boss. He's no push over. 56 avoid! Lot and his Hammer had around 26 or so hit with Debias, who had a lower avoid. There's no way he's going to be able to hit Legance in a reliable manner.
Even Lugh is going to have a problem. He has 6 Def so he'll get two-round KO'd by Legance, but Lugh's going to have issues hitting this guy. Legance's total 8 Res means Lugh's only singeing his armor.
I may need to rely on Roy and Rutger's reliable hit. 17 total Defense and -3 from WTD, even Roy and Rutger are hard sells for boss-killing. Now the only issue is that Rutger doesn't have enough Speed or Con to double Legance.
It is entirely possible that one of the chests on this map has an easier way to deal with the boss. Hopefully so.

17_zpsd009c8f2.png18_zps230db942.png19_zpsf121c899.png20_zpsacf8f94d.png
Item-wise, these guys are of particular interest. In order of what they carry: Door Key, set of five Chest Keys, Door Key, and set of five Chest Keys.
Those Knights want to hold onto their Chests Keys real close. They have special weapons with them. First one has a Horseslayer and the second has a Killer Lance. Makes sense. Chest Keys are very valuable as time-savers or to help with ranking Funds.

21_zpsf9302353.png22_zpsd0e7bd86.png
This Mage is here to wreck Shanna badly. 28 pure effective damage! Without that Angelic Robe, Shanna would be dead, no doubt about it. It's very accurate as well!

This map is pretty huge. Having Roy get to the throne room by his movement alone is going to take forever. I should be prepared to do some Rescue-ferrying for him.

25_zpsea65d387.png
Lot's being benched this map. What makes Jerrot special over Marcus is that Jerrot has D in axes, so he can wield that Hammer if I need it. I've also supplied him with an Iron Axe to weaken the Knights some for other units to kill.
Clarine can wield the 3-use Unlock. I may use it to shorten the time spent on the map. Saul has the Physic despite not being able to use it currently.
I have replenished my units' weapons and have checked if I need anything. I have Allen, Roy, and Chad hold onto a Door Key. I still have a spare in the convoy.

27_zps8f581c82.png
Our starting positions.

Begin!

28_zps47bbd0a3.png
You better believe we're going to save Lilina!

29_zps02a3d868.png
I'm comin' for ya!

30_zps644890e7.png
Jerrot more so. Treck and Noah helped. For what they're worth, they're okay. Talking from personal experience, of course.

31_zps0fdc6649.png
We're just smarter.

33_zps4a07a768.png
I highly doubt they care. It's either that or they already are laughing at you.

34_zpse4e23604.png35_zps1474f724.png
What isn't going to stop me are the mooks. It's you, Legance. You're a General. I have two prepromote, base Paladins.

36_zpsa83fab6f.png
Oh no, you! I have spent the last few chapters trying to get to this girl. I earned my hard work.

40_zpse21cf134.png41_zps301b4288.png43_zps7201a0b6.png44_zpsa40e82d3.png
This Soldier is pretty smart but Legance really wants to murder a teenage girl. I ain't going to let that happen.

45_zps69639c57.png
Mm... A Thief?

46_zps8eb27573.png
Yeah. He kind of just snuck in here, didn't he? That's why I'm hoping he's a Thief.

47_zpsed70a3be.png48_zps6fbf4f93.png
Ah. Then welcome, my man. You stated your name. You have importance to me.

Merlinus asks Astore what his occupation was in Castle Ostia since Astore isn't dressed in servant clothes.

49_zps66649d26.png
I know Merlinus is being cautious but I have to silently cheer for Astore here.

50_zpsb69b14f7.png
Spy = Thief. Welcome to the team!

Astore's been doing some reconnaissance and thievery work for a month and returned when he heard of Araphen's fall.

53_zpsbb40ac5c.png
The way he puts the rebellion instantly makes me like this guy.

55_zps4d45bd35.png
I actually know where she is now, Roy. I'll show you when we get on the map. Astore knows too.

58_zps8271e278.png
OH YES. We won't let that guy get near Lilina if what he was going to do with Clarine is any indication.

Turn 1 enemy placement:
59_zps2ddc833a.png

Right above where we start are these Soldiers and an Archer. From left to right: Steel Lance Soldier, Steel Bow Archer, and then a Soldier who carries an Iron Lance and Javelin. Across the west wall is an Iron Bow Archer. I would draw that guy out but he's likely to go for that Mage.

60_zps8d39df85.png
This Mage is Lilina! She is in that room I didn't know what it was for earlier. Lilina is trapped in there with no weapon to protect herself against the Archers. There's two near her right now but there is a sweet spot where she can't get hit.
As a Mage who is recruited/gained this chapter, she definitely needs to catch up to Level 11 Lugh. I can see where people will say she is a pain to train in HM. I hope to use her for the magic utility.
She's a blue unit. I have to direct her from harm's way so we can get there in time.

61_zps3e15fd5d.png
And Astore is also automatically recruited. Chad's not too far away from Astore's level, but Chad isn't getting Astore's bases. Those bases are sweet. Astore's looking good.

Let's start off moving her away from Archer fire first thing. I don't want to forget to move her. This sweet spot is one space west.
Lance rushes up with his Javelin to see if he can't grab the attention of the west Archer.
Allen charges ahead with his Javelin.
Shanna and Jerrot also go on ahead with their Javelins.

62_zps4076b5ea.png
Everyone else moves into position. Chad is the Thief behind Lugh. Merlinus moves to between the thieves.

Lilina talks to herself after we end our turn.

63_zpse36bd647.png
We've come to save you, girl!

Enemies are coming. Even an Archer close to Lilina doesn't go for her.
First battle is between the Steel Lance Soldier and Shanna. Soldier misses and Shanna leaves the Soldier just barely hanging onto his life. That's a weapon rank up for her.
The other Soldier strikes Allen with his Iron Lance. Allen slaughters him.
Allen's horse has an arrow stuck in him. Allen counters for a kill.
Archer shoots at Lance. Lance only hits once.

Turn 2
64_zps8079a82a.png

Lilina is safe for now. While we're moving, might as well take out that west Archer and Soldier.

Saul heals Allen.
Lance can reach the northern enemies rounding the corner. Clarine heals Lance before he charges off.
Rutger sticks next to Clarine.
I could kill the Archer with Lugh's Thunder but I want Lugh to move full movement. Lugh hugs the west wall with Thunder tome on hand.
I think Deke will level up from this Soldier kill. Indeed he levels up!

65_zps51a81e9c.png
Become the ultimate Mercenary. Hone your Strength eventually.

Roy moves to Lugh's east.
Shanna and Allen Rescue-Drop Roy to Lance's southeast, safe from combat.
The two Thief units surround Deke.
Merlinus follows suit.

66_zps9f6155cf.png
Jerrot will end Turn 2 by guarding Roy's east. Right Thief is Chad.

Lance dodges a Steel Lance Soldier's attack only to hit once and do a crit-kill.
A Soldier who has an Iron Lance and Javelin takes up his Iron Lance and has a go with Lance. He misses and meets two attacks to the face.
The Mage mentioned earlier with the Door Key opens the door south.
Archer hits Lugh but is met with death.

Turn 3, scrolled west for enemies
68_zpsf72ade65.png

The west-most Knight is the one with the Chest Keys. I still got a turn before Chad or Astore should steal them.

Roy clears the path for Lance by killing the Mage, though he does take some damage.
Allen softens up the Knight.
Lance has to kill this Knight with his Iron Lance. I thought of feeding him a kill via Iron Sword but--surprise!--Iron Sword too weak. He's 7 EXP from leveling.
Clarine heals Lugh from his north.
Rutger gets all protective and stands to Clarine's north.
Lance moving allows Lugh to use all his movement and enters into direct combat with the Soldier. His 100 hit from the Fire tome means he's the automatic victor.
Deke moves to Shanna's south.
Might as well get one of the Thief units closer to that incoming Chest Keys Knight. Chad sprints north past Shanna.
Shanna and Jerrot team up to Rescue-Drop Chad closer to the corner. Jerrot uses the rest of his movement to oversee Allen and Lance.
Saul heals Deke.
Astore goes behind Clarine.

69_zps83381630.png
Merlinus will park himself behind Astore and we'll end this turn.

No fighting this enemy phase.

Turn 4 enemy placement
70_zpsb0658470.png

Our Rescue-Drop effort placed Chad with just enough movement to steal from that Knight. That's free 1500G going into my convoy.

71_zps983149ae.png
Mine!

Now that's over, time to take care of enemies.
Shanna can't kill the Soldier with her Javelin (she's shy a point!). If she critted, it would be majestic, but I won't count on it.

Remember how I said the Knights guard the Chest Keys well?

72_zps562ec36b.png
Huuuuuurgh
Yeah, neither Lance or Allen are getting this kill. This is a level 8 Knight anyways so Lance and Allen get reduced EXP. Jerrot has that Hammer so I think it's time.

73_zps66eaf81f.png
Even Jerrot takes major damage from this Horseslayer. x3 effectiveness doesn't mess around! Thankfully he can wield that Hammer so I can do this:

74_zpsb61d3943.png
BONK
And now Knight's dead.

Allen makes short work of the northwest Soldier. That's a level up!

75_zpsfcd68563.png
He follows in Deke's steps. He will be the ultimate Cavalier.

Shanna's going to weaken this Soldier for Lance--

76_zpsfee477fb.png
Or not. Okay. Just kill-steal, why don't you.
Fine. I did say it would be majestic. Thank you, Shanna.

Lance buddies up with Allen so they can get that sweet Anima/Fire support boost.
Saul heals Roy.

77_zps0ff5d946.png
Merlinus is off-screen but he'll end up two spaces south of Astore.

Archer misses Lance and Lance strikes back twice. That chip EXP helps Lance to a level up.

78_zpsa63ac272.png
GOOD. MORE STRENGTH.

We start Turn 5 with...
79_zps846cd16f.png

I would have liked Lance to take advantage of that west pillar since the Archer's range just ends there but alas. Not enough movement even if we get rid of the Soldier blocking him.
Actually, there is a way. I'll need to plan accordingly.

Roy's going to get a level from this Archer. Why not?

80_zpse8929ff5.png
HP, Spd, and Def? Good. I like some of this, Roy.

Shanna and Chad tag-team to end the Soldier.
Allen and Jerrot Rescue-ferry Lance to that pillar. Aha! I'm finally starting to remember the abuse of the Rescue mechanic!

81_zps20d5875d.png
Everyone else moves into position as such.

Archer takes the Lance bait. Thanks to that pillar, Lance gives no fucks to the Archer; however, Lance only hits once.

At the end of Turn 5's enemy phase, something goes on in that room with the crumbling wall.

82_zps29295469.png
It looks like this dude becomes Geoffrey in FE9. Seriously, the blue hair-green clothing thing? It's even worse here.

83_zps81704c43.png
Auto-discrimination. I can tell he's a Knight.

84_zps2a972f94.png
Funny story: I was about to do this. Unless you're good units, I will not let you take the weapon EXP... maybe. Depends if it would waste my time using my units to break the wall for you.

85_zps258ff61e.png
Oh! This was the character I was remembering from a time long past. You must be Wendy, right?
I've heard... not good things about you. Also, you're a Knight. Auto-bench.

86_zpsa46aabaf.png
Ahhh, so they're retainers of Hector's/Lilina's? Good. Automatically conscripted.

87_zps1a48ebab.png
The bloodcurdling screams of Soldiers, Knights, Archers, and Mages as I am plowing through them, if you want to know exactly.

88_zps2b5e921c.png
Wendy guesses it's us. We have her brother?
Did I read someone's description saying that they had a sister?
Well, Wade says he has a sister from the Lot support but that's optional.
I guess I'll just have to see if she answers in the next screen.

89_zps108e55d2.png90_zps5d81c617.png
Wow, Barth, wow. Way to keep someone's spirits up.

91_zpsfff3551b.png
Even this guy is calling out on you.

92_zps5a1605db.png
OH.
Trust me, Wendy, he's alive. There's no way a benched unit can be dead.

93_zps34147ae9.png
I'll be fair and say I can be like Barth in real life... the difference is that I'm not in a war.
Where soldier morale may affect how they perform in battle.
And I can die in a second.
Among other things.

94_zps117b89b2.png
Ogier? Hm...
I had to look up how to pronounce the name. French, eh? Not a lot of those names that really "sound" French. The next one that comes to mind is FE9/10's Bastian.
Good. I like this variety.

95_zpsb7b74ff1.png96_zps99ac02a4.png
I want you to say this as I put you right in front of a dragon. At base level.

Turn 6 start:
97_zps398fe5b0.png

More automatically-recruited units. I like this. Let's take a look at Ogier, Barth, and Wendy.

98_zpsfde4a3a3.png
Ogier's bases definitely can't beat out Deke's, though Deke started at level 6. Would I guess that Ogier is supposed to be the better Mercenary by growth rates? I highly doubt on Normal Mode that Deke would have gone down except to something like Debias' crit chance.
I could see Ogier being a competent Mercenary if raised but Deke is very convenient by recruitment time and early-game contribution. I can't say Ogier is late since I think Raven comes around this point of FE7 too, though Raven was the only Mercenary in FE7.
Maybe in another playthrough I could try Ogier. Why not? He even comes with an Armorslayer. I was running out of uses on my current one. He comes prepared and I like it.

99_zps604a08f3.png
Barth's pretty close to promoting. I guess Bors would have better stats than Barth at the same level.
Nothing much else to say since I don't look at Knights for long.

100_zpsa4dd631a.png
I'm sorry, are you a Knight? I can't tell.
You're worse than base Bors. That's... eesh.
I've heard the stories. I can now see why.
So... Wendy. Can I guess she is the Est much like FE10's Fiona?
Wherever you place the Est seems like bad places. Early and everyone is still growing so raising an Est with crap stats is a lot harder. Middle and late is too late but now everyone is grown and can help the Est.
I guess Wendy would not be bad if she's babied. Only problem is that she should be on or around the same caps as Bors and Barth. For all the effort and babying you got to do, is it worth it?
While I am fighting in the dark in FE6's chapters, she's more likely to get killed than anything. She's not worth the resets.

Back to battling. Shanna equips the Slim Lance and finishes off an Archer.
Allen switches to the Iron Sword and downs the other Archer.
Lance is unable to kill the Soldier except with the Gant's Lance. I go, "FINE," and let him with said wepaon kill the Soldier.
Lugh moves so Saul can heal Roy.
I have everyone in the Lycia Army move forward.
As for the trapped individuals, Wendy smashes through the wall and ushers Barth and Ogier to press onward without her. Such a valiant girl!

Turn 6 ending results (Wendy and Merlinus off-screen):
101_zps13c6ee2e.png

Edited by Dual Dragons

[spoiler=Chapter 8-2 - *Allen is MVP*]

No enemies move on Turn 6 enemy phase. I'll present the Turn 7 enemy placement.

102_zpsf4d41cd4.png

Lance can make it to the Steel Lance Knight and Iron Lance Soldier. There is a way for Allen to engage the enemies on the west side.

First, Allen moves forward, making sure he takes his Javelin in hand.
Lance rescues him and moves in range of the aformentioned Knight and Soldier.
Jerrot comes in, equips his Javelin, and takes and drops Allen west.
Let's do something similar with Roy. Roy moves forward and then is rescued by Shanna. Shanna uses the rest of her movement.
Ogier and Barth do a taking chain before Barth sets down Roy.
Everyone else moves forward. I also did a Rescue-Drop with Saul using Clarine and Astore.

How we end on Turn 7:
103_zpsc9ed85f8.png

Knight comes for Lance's blood. Lance hits twice after dodging.
Steel Lance Soldier misses Allen and pays the price with his life.
Steel Bow Archer lodges a bolt in Allen. Allen makes sure to kill him good.

Turn 8, with an impenetrable horse line:
104_zps733dc7dc.png

Shanna's gonna level up if I have her kill the Knight. Sure. Why not?
Allen's running out of Javelins. I think I'll give him Wendy's fresh one.

My horses are amazing. Why have I not used them this often? My opinion might be changing. Gasp!
Well, on second thought,

105_zps8a1fa4ba.png
Lance pls

Well, actually, I think the support should kick in and the crit avoid will null that altogether. Can I make this work in a way where I can get rid of those enemies?
Shanna needs to attack directly for her to get that Knight kill.

Jerrot ends the south Knight with his massive Hammer.
For the time being, Wendy trades Roy's her Javelin for Vulneraries.
I make another horrible trade as Roy trades a new Javelin for a Javelin three uses from breaking.
Allen kills the Iron Lance Soldier in a spot where the west Mage will encounter him during enemy phase. So close to a level up! By 7 EXP.
Even if Lance manages to get hit by three Mage attacks (9x2 and 8), he should survive. Lance wraps around the south Mage and attacks directly with his Javelin. Lance misses his kill and gets hit for his incompetence. Darn!
Shanna succeeds in killing the Knight. She learns...

106_zps16c1cd6d.png
Thief stats? Okay. I'm hoping I'll see Shanna's double-digit Strength soon.

Everyone else moves along. Saul gets a Rescue-Drop just because.

107_zpsb5ccef05.png
Look real closely. You can see a stealthy Allen along the bottom.

Allen gets hit by the Mage and he levels up by slaying his foe. Well. Allen's in trouble.

108_zps7ee3ffcb.png
Most likely not going to keep this level now. That's also a weapon rank increase. It was a good level up while I knew it.

The east Mage hits Lance but Lance kills him.

109_zps990b0662.png
Welp. Thanks a lot, Lance.

110_zps768355a2.png
ALLEN, MY LORD AND SAVIOR.
Allen even kills him. Bless that man's everything.

Turn 9
111_zps48ae4c32.png

So after that slaughter, I think Allen and Lance deserve some healing. There doesn't seem to be reinforcements coming but I shouldn't jinx it.
I'm thinking Chad can at least open the door for Astore. Chad will then follow everyone to unlock Lilina's door and get that other set of Chest Keys.

112_zps31e0b418.png
I don't have good opinions of this hallway. It's going to bottleneck my crew, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a reinforcement spawn zone around here just to fuck me up. This hallway would have been a slog to get through if I didn't have mounted units.
The room Chad opened does offer an alternative to get through there. More than likely am not going to use it since it'll take Chad two turns to get to that other door without Rescue-Drop.
But I finally remember that I did have Allen a Door Key. He can open Lilina's room if he wants.

Saul heals Shanna.
Roy moves south before Jerrot rescues him and continues southbound though not all the way. There are Mages that can snipe me from the bosses room.

113_zps2f28b7e8.png
I could have had Jerrot stop here but I swore these terrain tiles were pillars in FE7. I'm not crazy, am I?

With one Vulnerary, Allen and Lance can handle the Mages. They tend to their wounds and place themselves in sight of Mages. Come at me!

114_zps7995b539.png
Everyone else moved as they did. The most important people are in the screenshot.

Aircalibur Mage slices Lance. Lance downs him. 7 EXP from level up.
Elfire Mage burns Allen. Allen fells his foe.

Turn 10, now with close to victory theme and scrolled down
115_zps3e062d73.png

After last chapter, I will never fully trust close to victory theme. Thanks, Fire Emblem: Binding Blade!
Allen and Lance really do deserve a rest if there are no reinforcements coming. Clarine and Saul have been ill-used this map. Let's remedy that.

Jerrot's storming down the halls with Roy in tow.
Shanna scoops up a running Chad and follows Jerrot.
Lance backs up so Saul can heal him.
Allen does the same so Clarine can.
Rutger gets Rescue-Dropped by Barth and Wendy next to Clarine.

Turn 10 end results
116_zps2b10e7ce.png

Nothing this turn's enemy phase... Turn 11.
I swear those stairs will be there for reinforcements. And I'm not going to like it.

Allen and Lance go as far south as they can go while still being healed by Clarine and Saul. Lance is back in business while Allen just needs to top off.

117_zps65243375.png
Not too bad.

Deciding who should get the Killer Lance/Chest Keys Knight kill. Lance should probably be chip EXP against the boss. Maybe Lugh or Rutger. Rutger has been left in the dust because of his 5 movement. Sure.
These turns also will help in determining if there are turn-based reinforcements. I don't mind waiting a little.

118_zpsd970e6d5.png
I have also dropped off Roy and Chad. Roy is just out of the range of that deadly Knight.

Clarine and Rutger have enough points for B Support. This is Turn 12.
Rutger will confront Clarine this time after she moves with Allen and heals him.

120_zps6ff7a88f.png
Seems Clarine is still trying to make Rutger into a gentleman. Rutger's like, "No."

121_zps5211d164.png
But he doesn't want the clothes.

122_zpsa59a50f2.png123_zps61feaa8f.png124_zps2fb4cc8a.png
Uh oh. Sounds like Clarine is breaking.

125_zpse845c0f7.png
poor bb

126_zps069a997f.png
! She's self-aware--but of what?

119_zps9777891c.png

127_zps91b61abb.png
I'll stop moving everyone. Deke is the greyed-out Mercenary.

Turn 13

129_zps17f0ce17.png

I have Allen trade Saul the Door Key. Let's break out Lilina!
Lance and Clarine Rescue-Drop Rutger.
Jerrot and his Iron Axe are now in range of the Knight.

128_zpse4b30ab6.png

130_zps5e25f647.png
Definitely why I had Jerrot do this job.
Jerrot takes 15 damage and counters back with two hits.

Turn 14
131_zpsf9afb48a.png

Clarine heals Jerrot.
Saul unlocks Lilina's door and she escapes. It should be guaranteed that she and Roy have a support. I should start building that up.
Jerrot moves towards the east stairs. I might as well plug them up if I'm going to be this paranoid.

132_zps746f1f67.png

Rutger kills the Knight.

133_zps08b00f94.png
Awesome! I have a pretty good idea of who to give this to.

134_zps21e9db70.png
I'm thinking I'll have Wendy and Barth move onto the stairs. I should probably Rescue-ferry them. Everyone's moving this turn.

Turn 15

Clarine heals Jerrot before he plants himself on the stairs.
Shanna stomps on the other stairs.
After Lilina moves, Lance and Allen Rescue-Drop her next to Roy.

Turn 15 ending results
135_zps9ba28d27.png

Turn 16

I guess I should start using Lilina too... though she's only level 1.
Well, have to start somewhere. I have Lugh hand her his beaten-up Fire tome.

136_zps1492e8eb.png
I noticed in the Support status that these two have one already. Lilina cannot activate it. How odd.
Oh well. Let's do it.

137_zpsf6a25584.png
Damn, Roy. No mention of how we're glad we rescued her or anything?

Roy keeps asking her if she's all well and fine and she says, "Yes I am."
Roy is about to say that if she needs anything, he's there for her but she interrupts him. She's like, "I'm really fine."
And then Roy reassures her that if she needs anything, he'll do it.

A little too simple to screenshot and comment on. Perhaps it'll get more interesting later.
This starts the Fire/Light support of Roy/Lilina. Fire's always good in GBAFE but Light could have been better, if I remember correctly. Still, benefits are benefits.

138_zps5acd5dc8.png
AHA. I KNEW IT.
Turn 17, by the way.

Time to split Lance and Allen up again.

Lance goes on the pillar with his Javelin.
Allen is going to start building his sword weapon EXP. He guards Chad and equips the Iron Sword.

139_zps4dde0989.png
Everyone moves or doesn't move.

More Soldier reinforcements! Just what I wanted.
I didn't see that the Soldier Allen would encounter has also a Javelin. He aims for Chad but misses.

Turn 18
140_zps956e4c1f.png

Time to clear out some guys. Also, that Knight didn't move.

Allen kills the west Soldier with no damage.
Rutger switches to the Steel Sword and slaughters the other south Soldier with damage. He's 2 EXP from leveling.
Clarine heals Rutger. Clarine levels up.

141_zps99ab62da.png
Stop it, Clarine.

Roy softens the Soldier up for Lilina.
Lilina chars that Soldier to death.
Lance weakens the west Soldier with his Javelin. Chip EXP level up.

142_zps692a7696.png
More Strength! Also weapon rank increase.

End of Turn 18
143_zps105e867e.png

144_zps0f77ee6c.png
Now there's a Knight reinforcement. Great.

Knight next to Lance equips his Steel Lance but misses this speedy Cavalier. Lance hits once.
Steel Lance Soldier misses Lance. Lance now has enough Attack to kill the Soldier in two Javelin hits.
The other north Soldier goes for Roy. Soldier misses Roy and Roy hits. His Iron Sword broke so he couln't hit the Soldier twice.
The new Knight has a Javelin. He misses Allen.

Turn 19
145_zpsc3050d5e.png

The reinforcements prevent me from going to the other chests with Chad. I hope the reinforcements end soon.

Lilina kills the Soldier. She levels up.

146_zpsbc91aab5.png
Pretty good first level up. Keep it up.

Roy whips out his Rapier. He cuts the Knight down but not without taking damage.

147_zpsfd3e9736.png
Everyone moves into position.

More Soldier and Knight reinforcement. Argh!
After the Steel Lance Soldier misses, Lance misses one of his 88 hit attacks so he could end this Soldier. Cursed RNG.
And of course, a Steel Lance Knight with 37 hit spears Lugh. Lugh nearly kills.

I forget to screenshot Turn 20's start but I have Lugh move up a space so Rutger can kill the Knight with his Steel Sword. Rutger levels up.

148_zps0e7a683d.png
Not too bad for a two-stat level up...?

Allen hits the other Knight once.
Lance takes care of the Soldier.

I guess I should just have Chad charge across if it's going to be like this for a while.

Roy back up to be healed by Saul.
Lilina moves so Chad can use all his movement.

Turn 20's end
149_zps6c1ca743.png

No reinforcements came this enemy phase. I guess it's over. I hope.
I'm not sure why the Knight didn't go for a counter-less Rutger but he goes for Lugh with his Steel Lance. Lugh melts him and he levels up.

150_zps121ef122.png
Magic intensifies.

Turn 21

Lugh steps back to get healed by Clarine.
Allen and Lance hug each other on a job well done.
Saul heals Lilina after she moves next to Roy. Saul is 1 EXP from leveling. I could have him dodge the boss if that's possible.

I'll be skipping ahead to when I do things of importance.

Turn 23

151_zpsbdfe09d1.png
The magic will further intensify. Lugh would probably get this one.

I think it's time we try to fight Legance. Legance has so high of Speed that Lugh can't double him. He is currently equipped with the Steel Lance so Lugh and Lilina are safe to take potshots; though, come enemy phase, Legance will be ready to wreck my Mages.
Jerrot should Hammer him first. He's got absurd Defense thanks to his class and throne.

152_zpsa32e6bbf.png
The odds aren't in my favor. I think Legance will heal for 3 HP from the throne so if Jerrot can hit him once, let him heal one or two times, and hit him again, I should be okay.

I'll have Jerrot wait next to him. Potshots for Lugh and Lilina will be followed by Rescue-Dropping.

153_zps51bb3460.png154_zpsc0a298f6.png
Wrong for two things: we ARE the Lycian Army, not dogs of them, and lances don't cut in the way you're using that expression.

Lugh misses. Drat.

155_zps37494267.png156_zps5ad94f66.png157_zpse39e1575.png158_zps7108a10f.png

159_zpsc6675bc5.png160_zps63af0d85.png161_zpsacda1ceb.png162_zpsa38e8e14.png

163_zpsa42c9a42.png

Lilina has a special boss conversation. Wonder if Roy would have one too.
Unfortunately, Lilina won't be doing the hushing to this guy. She's too weak.

She maanges to chip him for 16 EXP. If she can chip him another six times, she could level up.

Screenshots will be limited here except for chest-plundering because this boss is tough!

164_zpsbe7a2de1.png
Secret Books are on the lower end of my priority list to use. I'm sure someone could benefit from it but can't think of who at the moment.

165_zps7b64aaf4.png166_zps6aaf3d5b.png
Man. Axes are just not getting a break anywhere, are they?

I just noticed that tomes seem to use up a Use even when they miss.
Dang. I guess I can't have Lilina and Lugh chip anymore.

167_zpsc2a7eff9.png
Oh! That should go to Shanna when she gets more levels.

Jerrot's also not getting a break hitting this guy with his 25 hit Hammer. Guess I'll need to bring Rutger in again.

Saul heals for a level up.

168_zps1d3e6019.png
A crappy level up.

While I'm dicing this boss with Rutger, here's a Talk between Lilina and Roy.

169_zpse314c6ac.png
Recruitment theme. After we supported.
Okay.

170_zpsc10c374d.png
It only took us like three or four chapters to finally meet, but sure, Lilina. We saved you!

171_zps1dcbe528.png
wut

172_zps00d3b5a4.png
Free Thunder tome.
Okay. Sure. I'll take it. I'm not one to complain.

The Talk option that gives you rewards reminds me of FE4. I should get back to FE4 some day, to bask in all of its unbalanced glory.

Rutger levels up his sword rank by missing. Cool.

173_zps3c06f5cc.png
Rutger: "You kill-stealing little shit."

174_zps9b586940.png175_zpsb099d803.png
I've got nothing else to lose with the Lycian Army. It's that or game over.

Why did I have Lugh take the boss kill? If I remember from my calculations of FE7, Lugh should level up completely with 100 EXP.
And indeed he does. What did you get, Lugh?

176_zps7d54b4d5.png
Dang it. Well, Skill is okay. Legance was hard as shit to take down and he's a GENERAL.

177_zps8754f25a.png
So many misses. So many misses...

After healing, Roy claims the throne.

178_zps9b83fb00.png
Yeah. At last.

179_zpsc9460ce5.png
About that...

180_zps841d31d9.png
Right, Araphen. Roy, you probably should tell her. Best not to leave her in the dark.

181_zps92b649d1.png
Music change. I don't recognize this theme. FE6-exclusive?
Good job, Roy. Like I said, it's best to tell the truth. She might have been hurt worst if you waited longer.

182_zps45682f7d.png
She seems to be taking it rather well.

183_zps04027887.png
No, Roy. We tried. Hector was chapter 2 or 3, wasn't he? That was pretty early.

184_zps87dd5a22.png185_zps78ffc888.png
In the same chapter Barth tells Wendy she has to do the same thing. Lilina is strong.

186_zps1cb314d3.png
Yeah. That's the sad thing at times.

187_zps798cf524.png
You're a good guy, Roy. Just know that I think you're good, 'kay?

We've got Lilina in our team as well as a few retainers of House Ostia. Where do we set off to now?

Roy        Lord         10.50    27      9       9      11       9       7       6
Allen      Cavalier     12.70    30     12      10      12       8       8       0
Lance      Cavalier     11.56    28      9       9      14       6       6       1
Deke       Mercenary     9.10    29     10      14      12       7       7       1
Lot        Fighter       7.34    33     10       6       8       3       5       1
Shanna     Peg Knight   11.03    21(+7)  9      11      18      13       6       7
Chad       Thief         7.75    21      7       6      15       8       3       0
Lugh       Mage         13.19    20      8      13      11       9       6       7
Clarine    Troubadour    5.53    16      3       5       9      10       2       7
Rutger     Myrmidon      9.84    26      9      14      14       5       5       2
Saul       Priest        8.55    23      5       9      11       3       2       6
Sue        Nomad         1.65    18      5       7       8       4       5       0
Lilina     Mage          2.18    17      6       5       5       5       2       7
Astore     Thief        10.00    25      7       8      15      11       7       3
*DEATH*

*RESET*

*LOST*

Edited by Dual Dragons