An issue with FE8's plot; am I missing something?

@Joseph and Paper Jam: I think that's the best shot we have at resolving this plot issue. We know that Eirika is naive- it's one of her defining characteristics- and it's possible that a period of Magvelian peace had lulled its inhabitants into undue trustfulness.

...But naive and trusting to the point of brushing off Satanic rituals? to the point of not suspecting a friend who dealt with the devil's soul, even when that friend wants precisely what the devil would want?

I think the narrative here could be improved in one of three ways:

1. Once the twins are reunited and share information, Innes mentions off-hand how it "figures it was Lyon" who was responsible. This scene could have been fleshed out: have Innes, who is a cynical foil to the twins, explain why Lyon was the likely candidate from the start and how the twins' loyalty clouds their judgment.

2. Alter the flashback scene so Lyon does not specifically mention Grado's sacred stone. Have him talk about how his experiments into elder magic have saved lives, and how he wants to accomplish more- even if it puts his own health at risk. That would retain the purpose of the flashback without making his later involvement in the Renais invasion so unbelievably obvious.

3. Cut the flashback. It really doesn't add much.