Class-specific promotion items or Master Seals?

lonelyVoxel

Which kind of promo item?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Master Seals only
    • Some class-specific items for special classes (e.g. Lords), otherwise Master Seals
    • Class-specific items only
    • Ah dun give a dern!
    • Location-based promotion (e.g. a shrine)
  2. 2. Do you want the option to promote by leveling up to 21?

• Yes
    • No
    • Derns given: 0

I thought of an interesting system.

What if, they gave you an essentially unlimited number of master seals (maybe free?), but limited the number of promoted units you could have based on plot progress. You could start out with only being allowed one or two for those early-game promoted units (I'm looking at YOU Fredrick) and at about the point where you should start getting promoted units, you start gaining the ability to have them in you army in greater numbers.

The system would mean that all the stuff like grinding and infinite seals/promotions wouldn't be too bad, as you would still get limited in your power. It would effectively "force" balance on the game, and would discourage grinding - it would only be good for trying out other units you haven't used yet. And it may also give a sense of the main lord growing as a commander, which would be nice for story.

Promotions by level up would have to be disabled for it to work, but the abundance of promotion items should balance it.

Oh, and I am NOT in favour of class specific promotion items. Unnecessary hassle in my opinion. The only exception I would give is for special classes, e.g. Lord, because story based promotions could force you to miss a level up or two 'cause your lord happens to be slightly under-levelled for whatever reason.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that just sounds like it would remove early promotions being a thing, and for short term/utility units a quick promotion is great even in the stat inflated games (which we're probably stuck with for fe14 at least)

that just sounds like limiting the amount of promoted units allowed when the amount of master seals would limit it anyway

Edited by Gradivus.

Master Seal AND Level 21 makes sense to me. How much fun would it be to have to level up your Cleric to 21, hmm? It would take forever. Master Seals make everything easier.

Now, I understand that class specific items make the game more challenging, and some people like that, myself included. Maybe Master Seals on lower difficulties and Class-Specific Items on Lunatic (because it needs to be harder)?

the latter of your ideas falls more under false difficulty, which I feel doesn't add much.

Edited by Gradivus.

I don't remember if I said it before but in terms of promotions Assuming reclassing(which is probably staying based on recent trends) For me the ideal system (really a big compromise)

3 class sets for all characters(MU included but you could pick what classes you want) then have 2 items for promotion +second seal the last promotion to tier 3 would be permanent meaning you could no longer re class that unit.

I would also add the lv to 21 to promote trait for base classes