Who could Ike's wife be?

Personally, I dislike the Ike/Soren fanbase more than the pairing itself. A lot of the fans insist that it's canon simply because of the hug scene. Men can hug just to be friendly, you know. It doesn't automatically mean love. Women can do the same as well. I've had female friends hug me to comfort me. I think Ike was doing the same with Soren. Soren was upset, so Ike gave his best friend a hug.

I pretty much don't say my ships out loud for this reason... other than the fact that I have a tendency to be a Canon Shipper or something.

It's cool if you write them by me. I may not read them but people support things or whatever. I can't say the same for others.

I avoid bringing up the stuff myself too, yeah. Or, at least I try to avoid it. I did mention it in here, after all. Sometimes I just can't resist the urge. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I dislike the Ike/Soren fanbase more than the pairing itself. A lot of the fans insist that it's canon simply because of the hug scene. Men can hug just to be friendly, you know. It doesn't automatically mean love. Women can do the same as well. I've had female friends hug me to comfort me. I think Ike was doing the same with Soren. Soren was upset, so Ike gave his best friend a hug.

Their logic is the same as most of the hardcore Naruto shippers especially the NarutoxSasuke ones

Men can hug just to be friendly, you know.

No they can't.

I'm a dude, so I know. B)

haha nah but they are like best friends, so I think that's where the ship is coming from. People with go crazy at the first sign of their OTP and it's why I hate most (keword: most, especially the rabid ones) shippers.

its not a serious theory, and i don't care enough about ike's romance, or shipping either of the two, but here's my basis.

well, first thing is regarding Ashnard discarding Soren because he's "Weak" yeah he's so weak that he's the most powerful wind sage in tellius and a master strategist, while this could be about him being magical instead of physical, it also goes against Ashnard's Darwinism. so maybe it was less "he's weak" and instead its " this isn't a Son, i want a prince not a princess!". nothing to back this up on of course, but to me it'd make more sense then "yeah this branded who's the best wind sage is a complete pussy and totally wasn't the cause of my downfall"

second thing is, well i wouldn't be too surprised myself, characters change genders all the time in development, Abel from SF4 used to be a small french girl, I've heard about Teddie from persona 4 originally being female, but it was scrapped because the gender ratio wasn't equal or something, so Soren having genders changed couldn't be too far off, or any character really.

hell, Ike was named PARIS in development, anything's possible.

i can't remember stuff too well, let me look at the genders of the cast, including elicina, by chapter 9.

Ike

Oscar

Boyd

Rhys

Rolf

Titania

Mia

Mist

Marica

Elinica

EDIT: ok techically you could throw in the two laguz as allied units, but the gender ratio would still be even until you factor in soren, shinion and gatrie don't count by this point cause they are removed from the player units selection until 13 and 18.

so this'll leave soren to be the deciding vote on which gender overshadows the other, and maybe because japan favors males, Soren's gender was changed.

as said, feel free to talk about it, as i will not defend a theory i made up years ago that i don't care too much about today, just wanted to add to the convo.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

If Soren was a woman, I'd actually be impressed if IS gave them the same relationship they have now. Very close bond, but not explicitly romantic. Though I guess it would be like Micaiah and Sothe who get married, so I doubt it.

Edited by Radiant head

haha nah but they are like best friends, so I think that's where the ship is coming from. People with go crazy at the first sign of their OTP and it's why I hate most (keword: most, especially the rabid ones) shippers.

Yeah, people will ALWAYS ship a pair of same-gender best friends as a couple, even if one or both of them is implied/confirmed to be straight. I know, I've seen a lot of Kent/Sain fanart despite Sain being a skirt chaser and Kent developing feelings for Lyn. It honestly irks me, but people will be people. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

If Soren was a woman, I'd actually be impressed if IS gave them the same relationship they have now. Very close bond, but not explicitly romantic. Though I guess it would be like Micaiah and Sothe who get married, so I doubt it.

Basilio and Flavia for the win.

I do like some myself, mainly childhood friend pairings (I ship Link x Zelda the hardest when they're good friends or childhood friends, for example). Though even in that case, I don't always like them *cough*Geoffrey x Elincia*cough*

But I definitely don't ship every pair of best friends as a couple.

Yeah, people will ALWAYS ship a pair of same-gender best friends as a couple, even if one or both of them is implied/confirmed to be straight. I know, I've seen a lot of Kent/Sain fanart despite Sain being a skirt chaser and Kent developing feelings for Lyn. It honestly irks me, but people will be people. >.>

In a nutshell its the Internet anything can happen. Although I do think Priam is hinted heavily at being a direct blood descendant of Ike meaning he would of had to have gotten with a woman somewhere down the line.

In a nutshell its the Internet anything can happen.

Yeah, this is for certain...

I personally subscribe to the "Priam is Ike/'s kid from an alternate dimension".

Huh, this is a good theory. I'm surprised I never thought of it given that I support the idea of multiple realities in FE as is since Awakening has multiple timelines going on.

I personally subscribe to the "Priam is Ike/'s kid from an alternate dimension".

Interesting, thats a plausible possibility actually like in one where Ike remained in Tellius or something.

Yeah, this is for certain...

Huh, this is a good theory. I'm surprised I never thought of it given that I support the idea of multiple realities in FE as is since Awakening has multiple timelines going on.

I think I solved it the Internet is actually the Outrealms of modern times. It all makes sense now.

*pops in*

*wants to leave without a word but can't*

What hug scene? I don't recall Ike giving Soren a hug. Ever. On that note...that pairing tends to be nothing but:

"Nobody likes me because I'm branded and my childhood sucked and both parents abandoned me waaaaaaa"

"I'm sorry, let's do it, maybe that will make you feel better"

Seriously wtf.

Actually...I think a lot of yoai is that to a certain extent.

Another thing with the alternate dimensions theory, this means Ike could've gotten with every possible option. There's one reality where he's with Elincia, one where he's with Soren, another where he's with Lethe, and one where he's with Mia. Hell, there could even be one where he actually gave into Aimee's feelings. lol

Dragoncat: That hug scene only happens when certain criteria is fulfilled. I think you have to transfer an Ike/Soren A support from PoR and be on the second playthrough of RD.

Edited by Anacybele

*pops in*

*wants to leave without a word but can't*

What hug scene? I don't recall Ike giving Soren a hug. Ever. On that note...that pairing tends to be nothing but:

You have to meet some conditions to unlock that scene. Like Ike and Soren have to have A support in PoR data transfer, and then A support in this game. Some other stuff I'm not sure of.

What hug scene? I don't recall Ike giving Soren a hug. Ever.

In Radiant Dawn, by doing a bunch of PoR save transfer and other hullabaloo, Soren and Ike have a special Base conversation in the Part 4 Endgame. (Either 4E-4 or 4E-5 can't remember)

I always thought of Ike as being asexual by the end of it all and sometime down the line succumbed just once, and thus, we eventually get Priam. Soren is totally gay, though.

Ike adopting a child doesn't rule out Priam being Ike's descendant. I personally like the idea of Ike and Soren adopting an abandoned kid and raising him/her as their child and passing down their skills to him/her.

I'm not sure why some people are so quick to rule out this option. Considering how Ike and Soren met and how Greil basically adopted Soren, it's a very likely possibility.

So it's the memory scene then. Got it...

Also all this alternate reality stuff makes my brain hurt. Also @Ambulz, I think Soren's the asexual one, but that's just me...

EDIT - The memory scene has been posted ^_^ Thanks. Might watch it.

Edited by Dragoncat