Who could Ike's wife be?

Yes, it does matter. Starfire's personality may not be exactly the same as Elincia's, but she loves her planet just as much as Elincia loves her country. Starfire was positively willing to marry this ugly alien (and believe me, this alien was VERY ugly) just to protect her planet and she would have to give up her life with the Teen Titans in the process.

No that's still irrelevant. If Starfire was queen and Robin was a subject who decided to leave for this planet called Earth, and Starfire decides to abandon the throne to be with him; then you would have an equivalent situation. Not to mention, there's a difference between loving a country/planet versus having the responsibility and duty that Elincia has.

So my headcanon theory is NOT nonsensical. Now as I said, this debate is over.

You're free to stop, but "this debate" isn't on your terms.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my headcanon, Priam doesn't exist. Nor do the other Spotpass characters. I think Ike's wife was Ragnell.

No, seriously, I don't care whether people ship him with Soren or Elincia or Ranulf or Marth or a tree in a skirt. I think Ike is asexual and since Priam is non-canon to me I think he could've just gone on unmarried. If I absolutely had to say he got married, though, he married a random woman somewhere.

In real life medieval times, men who married queens didn't actually become kings. They became something called prince consorts instead. And besides, if Geoffrey DID become king when he married Elincia, his ending would've probably said so.

And I still think that the only thing Elnicia would be abandoning by marrying Ike is her royal lifestyle. Nothing says she can't still keep in touch with her friends by writing and nothing says she can't go visit sometimes or go fight for Crimea when the nation has some trouble. Nothing says she has to stop caring for her country if she gives up her throne and marries someone else.

You're contradicting yourself. You've stated before that you want Geoffrey and Calill paired up so that he wouldn't be alone at the same time as saying that he'd be incapable of getting over Elincia. You make things worse by visualizing Elincia and Geoffrey as marrying BEFORE she ditches him, and THEN you state that he would abdicate to Renning? That isn't just over-convoluted, it's outright nonsensical. The bare minimum anyone would do to justify that mad headcanon would be to make Geoffrey declare himself king in her absence, organize and lead a search party to find her, and then give Renning the crown in INTERIM.

And this is the same world that has Sothe become king when he marries Micaiah. You can't do that; Crimea and Daein are both monarchies built off the same country!

No, I'm not.

[citation needed]

lolwut? I don't even know anything about those relationships since I barely played any of Shadow Dragon. I can't possibly be making any parallels to them.

Which is why I said "unintentional". And I was talking about FE3, not FE11.

I bring up the Caeda/Ogma parallel because that was a bodyguard-charge relationship like Ike/Elincia, except only Ogma had those feelings, and even then are essentially retroactive ones brought on by the FE12 DLC. He loves her, but is professional enough not to let that get him down, and fully supports her love towards Marth.

As for Hardin/Nyna, it's coincidential enough for you to mention the whole "She only married him because politics", but what takes it further is you saying she'd feel Renning would make a better ruler, and abdicate to him. Nyna abdicated, yes, but that was because it was implied the Akaneian royal family was deemed sacrilege and stripped of divine right because its ruler destroyed the Shield of Seals to create the kingdom. She abdicated to Marth because he was given legitimate divine right, not because of her guilt over Hardin and Camus (though that was why she went into hiding). Your headcanon is an indirect insult to all of this.

Furthermore, Renning is a horrible choice to take up the throne. He was the UNofficial heir to Crimea even before the Mad King's War, and was presumed dead at the start of it. In that time, Elincia established herself as the new monarch for three years. The sensible citizens loved her, she had the official support of her neighbouring countries, and those who dissented her were all stamped out after Part II of FE10. There is no reason for there to be any meaningful remnant Renning purists by the time that was all over, especially after how well she managed Begnion's march in 3-9 and 3-10, and was giving shelter and troops to Empress Sanaki immediately afterwards. And I'm not even going to mention your headcanon pairing him with Lucia.

Also during that time, Geoffrey was managing primary command of Crimea's resistance to Daein's occupation, leading troops and sheltering prominent members of the aristocracy in Delbray. After the war, he took up Renning's mantle as Crimean general and supreme leader of the Crimean Royal Knights, conducting the rout of Ludveck's insurrectionists, and ending the banditry of Begnion's march through Crimea in 3-9. He'd have a large support base from the populace as king after those events, and is more than worthy of the mantle of king. Why would you object to that?

Also, to support my argument that the idea of Elincia handing her throne to Renning because she feels he would protect Crimea better than she would and then find Ike and marry him is not unrealistic or OOC, I want to bring up an example of this very thing occurring with another princess and her father figure in a popular TV show. That TV show is Teen Titans. Starfire is the princess of the planet Tamaran. She falls in love with Robin. Her older sister (Ludveck's equivalent in this case), Blackfire, takes the throne and threatens to do some pretty nasty shit unless Starfire returns home and marries this ugly alien. But Robin convinces her to fight and take back the throne, much like Ike convinces Elincia to do the same. Starfire finally does, and succeeds. She grows stronger as a result. But then she tells her people that while Blackfire was not the best thing for Tamaran, Starfire herself isn't what's best either. So Starfire gives the throne to her father figure and returns to Earth with the Teen Titans. She and Robin later become a canon couple. Nobody ever complained about this.

My idea for Ike x Elincia happens in a very similar way.

That's not relevant in the slightest.

You can't flee from this discussion just because you're losing, Anacybele. That's cowardly and disgusting.

And even after all of this TL;DR, I STILL don't feel like I've done anything meaningful today. You're a low-hanging fruit on this website, and your history has proven that no matter how good the argument presented against yours is, you'll just dismiss it, end the conversation LIKE YOU HAVE JUST DONE, and somehow get off scot-free while everyone just keeps questioning why the heck you haven't been banned yet.

Also, presumably the continent Ike is traveling to is rather far away and isolated from Tellius (or else it logically wouldn't be unknown). Ike is also 'never be seen again'. Traveling with Ike very likely means never seeing your home or friends again, which is probably why even his sister doesn't accompany him.

Having the unknown continent close enough to Tellius for visiting is probably convenient for some people's stories, but ultimately doesn't make much sense.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Really people... calm down. Everyone here is being quite immature.

I know people have emotions over romance between fictional characters and all... but come on. It's not worth this.

Though there are a few things about Ana I dislike (you are kinda hypocritical sometimes, no offense), and I do call her out on them, but arguing with her over freaking SHIPPING is stupid. She can believe what she wants about a FICTIONAL CHARACTER'S ROMANTIC LIFE.

Really, you people are getting quite worked up over this...

I think Ike's wife was Ragnell.

This is my new headcanon. Ragnell has a Fi like creature living in it, and Ike had a kid with it!

Genius!

She can believe what she wants about a FICTIONAL CHARACTER'S ROMANTIC LIFE.

That doesn't mean we can't deride it for being ridiculous and nonsensical. Same reason we're allowed to judge fanfiction.

I mean, how or why would anyone believe a headcanon like that?

And no matter what she says, she has NO RIGHT to just run away like that when she's losing! NO RIGHT!!!

That doesn't mean we can't deride it for being ridiculous and nonsensical. Same reason we're allowed to judge fanfiction.

I mean, how or why would anyone believe a headcanon like that?

And no matter what she says, she has NO RIGHT to just run away like that when she's losing! NO RIGHT!!!

It's rather rude.

I don't believe it. But she is allowed. I'll admit I've argued with her over Roy, but I felt like that was more because of misconceptions resulting from not playing FE6.

Now you sound like you actually were enjoying "beating" her. Make up your mind.

Yo, you're being a tad melodramatic here. At the end of the day, these arguments aren't going to be constructive as far as changing minds go, so people should be free to drop out if they don't feel like it's worth the mental/emotional effort for an internet argument that's kind of pointless at the end of the day.

Edited by Radiant head

Yes, it does matter. Starfire's personality may not be exactly the same as Elincia's, but she loves her planet just as much as Elincia loves her country. Starfire was positively willing to marry this ugly alien (and believe me, this alien was VERY ugly) just to protect her planet and she would have to give up her life with the Teen Titans in the process.

You're throwing away quite literally every bit of character development she gained in Radiant Dawn by clinging to this "running off with Ikey-poo headcanon". When Ludveck and the other nobles challenged her rule, she did not run, or hide, or leave the kingdom to someone else who would rule better than her. If that were the case then Ludveck would have claimed her throne.

Even when Elincia had thought herself a miserable failure not fit to rule with a civil war about to break out, she resolved to put an end to it herself, even if it meant sacrificing her loved ones. Of course that decision was not easily made, but Elincia could not let her kingdom fall due to her weakness.

She did not even allow Ike and his men to take care of the rebels, as she had to deal with this on her own if she was to ever become someone worthy of ruling Crimea.

Elincia: I am the ruler of Crimea. I will not abandon that role.

Elincia: Lucia, Geoffrey... I value your lives more than even my own. But it's my duty to protect this country, even if that means losing you. I've learned a lot from all of this. I hope to keep them out of harm's way, and I'll never make the same mistakes again.

Elincia: The rebel army will be eradicated. We cannot allow them to sow the seeds of discontent among the people of Crimea.

Ike: That's the right choice. Would you consider contracting my mercenaries for the job?

Elincia: ...No, Sir Ike. I'll leave that up to the Royal Knights. I'm certain this task will create anger among the people, and the Royal Knights may be resented for their role in it... But my duty as queen demands that it be done. The people will have to learn to accept that.

Ike: I respect your devotion to duty. So, you don't need me then?

Elincia: That's right. I'm going to move on, together with my vassals and the people of this country.

These are not the words of someone who would leave the throne so easily to chase after someone she loved.

I have no qualms about you shipping IkeXElincia, I literally could not care less about what you does or does not ship. But arguing that your headcanon is not out of character in the slightest for Elincia is actually wrong unless you rewrite the entirety of Radiant Dawn to somehow make it work.

Edited by Kon

When Glac is siding with Ana against you, that's when you know your position is unreasonable

I have no qualms about her shipping IkeXElincia, I literally could not care less about what she does or does not ship. But arguing that her headcanon is not out of character in the slightest for Elincia is actually wrong unless she rewrites the entirety of Radiant Dawn to somehow make it work.

Please don't read my mind without my permission!

When Glac is siding with Ana against you, that's when you know your position is unreasonable

What am I supposed to do, then? Lay down and take being ignored? I could put her on my ignore list, but that won't stop other people from humoring her.

Edited by dalphage

What am I supposed to do, then? Lay down and take being ignored? I could put her on my ignore list, but that won't stop other people from humoring her.

Or you can try being less immature about changing her viewpoint

That goes for her as well, but come on,

Yo, you're being a tad melodramatic here. At the end of the day, these arguments aren't going to be constructive as far as changing minds go, so people should be free to drop out if they don't feel like it's worth the mental/emotional effort for an internet argument that's kind of pointless at the end of the day.

He's right!

...Wow. Just wow.

I'm glad I'm deciding not to further my arguments on my theories (even though I certainly could if I wanted to), because responding to any of the bullshit here would just be creating trouble. I'm with Glaceon and Radiant Head on this, you people have NO right to call me cowardly, disgusting, etc. I'm not moving away from this because I'm "losing," I wanted to move away from it to prevent thread derailment and to save myself the major headaches I always get from this debate.

I hate Geoffrey x Elincia, I ship Ike x Elincia and did research to make it work in a way I feel is perfectly fine given what occurred throughout PoR and RD. Fucking deal with it. Kon is also right, though I didn't rewrite any of RD, I added a lot of stuff to it.

Also, when Glaceon sides with me, you must be in the wrong, because she and I are against one another like all the time.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not talking about the arguments, I'm talking about certain people's behavior in here towards me.

Your behavior towards established canon and characterization justifies my right to oppose your viewpoint. You might call this "adding to FE10", but I and others can just as well call it "Character Derailment".

Again, I'm not talking about your opposition to my viewpoint. I'm talking about how you and others have called me disgusting, a coward, and other such rude things.

And you're really getting far too worked up about this. Seriously. I'm not even changing my viewpoints at all, so you're doing this for absolutely nothing too.

...Wow. Just wow.

I'm glad I'm deciding not to further my arguments on my theories (even though I certainly could if I wanted to), because responding to any of the bullshit here would just be creating trouble. I'm with Glaceon and Radiant Head on this, you people have NO right to call me cowardly, disgusting, etc. I'm not moving away from this because I'm "losing," I wanted to move away from it to prevent thread derailment and to save myself the major headaches I always get from this debate.

I hate Geoffrey x Elincia, I ship Ike x Elincia and did research to make it work in a way I feel is perfectly fine given what occurred throughout PoR and RD. Fucking deal with it. Kon is also right, though I didn't rewrite any of RD, I added a lot of stuff to it.

Also, when Glaceon sides with me, you must be in the wrong, because she and I are against one another like all the time.

The things you added only end up creating more and more inconsistencies and contradictions relative to the plot. From what I've seen of your fanfics and discussions on your headcanon Elincia isn't even Elincia. She's some shallow girl that somehow thinks everything will be hunky dory if she makes so leave her uncle in charge of the kingdom she fought so hard to protect to chase after some boy she had a crush on a few years ago.

And please, this is not an attempt to bash your theories/headcanons/pairings/what have you. This is just how Elincia is portrayed in your headcanon, and it really makes me sad since I really am fond of her as a character.

Again, I'm not talking about your opposition to my viewpoint. I'm talking about how you and others have called me disgusting, a coward, and other such rude things.

And you're really getting far too worked up about this. Seriously. I'm not even changing my viewpoints at all, so you're doing this for absolutely nothing too.

He even PM'd me asking why I was defending you.

5HTGXaH.png