If you could nerf one character (besides Diddy) who and what would you nerf?

DreadFighter

I would nerf his PK Fire and PK Thunder, at the very least. I recognize that really good players don't ever get hit by those moves, but that just makes it more baffling why they exist. At the newbie-intermediate level (or in 3+ player matches) they're stupidly spammable and irritating, while at the pro level they're useless. The moves are never actually used skillfully.

PK Thunder is extremely useful for all Ness players. I assume you're under the mindset of "if it doesn't hit, it's worthless." There's this thing in competitive play called "pressure", where you try to limit the options of your opponent. Due to the amazing control Ness has over PK thunder, it is a very good move for applying pressure. And if it does hit, bonus points. In fact, I think PK Thunder is one of the best projectiles in the game. Easy to control? Check. Long range pestering? Check. Recovery? Check. Turning yourself into a freakin' cannonball? Check. And you know what? Let's make the trail hurt opponent's too, so it's hard to dodge through. Voila. You now have one of the best projectiles in the game. If you think it's worthless for anyone, you're lying to yourself.

Edited by Zera

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zera

Can you please reply to quotes outside of their quotebox?

I'm just tired of fighting Captain Falcons as of late. I've learned that Falcon with Rage can KO with his SideB when I'm at 50-60% as many characters (Samus, DDD, Marth, Link), and that got really old really fast

plus, 90% of what I see on FG these days is Ness or Falcon. Even if I beat em, it just gets old facing the same two characters

I'm just tired of fighting Captain Falcons as of late. I've learned that Falcon with Rage can KO with his SideB when I'm at 50-60% as many characters (Samus, DDD, Marth, Link), and that got really old really fast.

Does Meta Knight have any advantages over Falcon? Because he keeps beating my high speed dash game with his own. Where's my sword range?

Fun Fact: Before SSBB, Captain Falcon was the fastest runner. A fitting reference to the incredible speed of the F-Zero series, it makes him a fantastic punisher in Smash Bros.

Does Meta Knight have any advantages over Falcon? Because he keeps beating my high speed dash game with his own. Where's my sword range?

Meta can combo Falcon, but he needs to take Falcon to the air but not in a position where Falcon can upair him easily.

@Zera

I'm just tired of fighting Captain Falcons as of late. I've learned that Falcon with Rage can KO with his SideB when I'm at 50-60% as many characters (Samus, DDD, Marth, Link), and that got really old really fast

plus, 90% of what I see on FG these days is Ness or Falcon. Even if I beat em, it just gets old facing the same two characters

it only kills that early with people like jiggs and rosalina. DI better.

i haven't played against any good meta knights but here's my two cents: juggle falcon since he can only fall back, air dodge, fall with bair/nair/dair (dair is really risky), and none of those cover below him well aside from dair which again, is risky. falcon kick stinks. once falcon is off stage, edgeguard him correctly and there is no reason for him to come back.

Do you even know about the horrible quote box glitch that strikes completely randomly on this site? I've reported it twice and nobody cares. It always hits me and I have to edit my post.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd nerf Pit into the ground because he's a annoying character that was forced onto us, and he has a painfully high pitched voice and acts as cocky as Sonic; I'd nerf him so hard SSBM Kirby would like SSBB Meta Knight in comparison, just giving a sideways glance at the dude would mean he'd lose a stock.

I'm still pissed at him existing in Brawl, with his broken Side-B and deity like recovery, at least with Meta Knight it made sense because he was Meta Knight, this character that's supposed to be a master swordsman... But Pit was pulled out of hammerspace harder than ROB and Ice Climbers-Ice Climbers were made to rep the SNES era of games, while ROB saved the industry, but Pit? Just there to make sure Kid Icarus Uprising wasn't a total flop.

Edited by FlipFlopMist

Kid Icarus Uprising wasn't even planned until after Brawl, and its concept was after a new 3DS Starfox got scrapped. Sakurai had the idea to use its engine and revive Kid Icarus, who's creator has been dead for quite some time.

Captain Falcon really needs a nerf. He's fast and has kill moves up the wazoo and I just plain hate fighting him.

after the tradegy that happened to him in Brawl? No. If anything most characters need to be buffed on par with him. Edited by kingddd

well you can just gimp falcon so there's that. you can even purposely get hit by his up b, wall jump tech, and slap him away and he's dead.

...but Pit? Just there to make sure Kid Icarus Uprising wasn't a total flop.

Actually, Pit was originally planned to be in Melee. There's no way they could have already planned Uprising. In fact, it's much more likely that they revived Kid Icarus because more people knew about it via Brawl.

Edited by Zera

Actually, Pit was originally planned to be in Melee. There's no way they could have already planned Uprising. In fact, it's much more likely that they revived Kid Icarus because more people knew about it via Brawl.

It's clear that he was created in brawl to test the waters with the concept/plan to revive the franchise because Saki-rai saw potential in it and wanted to revive it.

Fun fact only three characters were confirmed to be planned for N64-King Dedededededede, Bowser, and Mewtwo, but just didn't make the cut. I know that's not melee, but I can't remember what was planned for Melee, so I figured I'd let you know a fun fact.

It's clear that he was created in brawl to test the waters with the concept/plan to revive the franchise because Saki-rai saw potential in it and wanted to revive it.

I'm very sure Sakurai didn't see potential in reviving Kid Icarus until after Brawl was released. Please stop spitting out this sort of nonsense. It makes some of us think you hate Kid Icarus in the gut.

In Melee, there was a poll in Japan where people decided whether Ice Climbers, Pit, or Balloon Fighter should represent the Famicon/NES days. Obviously, Ice Climbers placed first and I think Pit placed second.

I'm very sure Sakurai didn't see potential in reviving Kid Icarus until after Brawl was released. Please stop spitting out this sort of nonsense. It makes some of us think you hate Kid Icarus in the gut.

In Melee, there was a poll in Japan where people decided whether Ice Climbers, Pit, or Balloon Fighter should represent the Famicon/NES days. Obviously, Ice Climbers placed first and I think Pit placed second.

I do hate it in the gut, is there a problem with my fairly irrational hatred towards Pit?

I just think it's really stupid that Pit got in and that so much attention is put into a very unlikable character that we've seen repeatedly in every faucet of media. In Brawl it was simply because of his annoyaning voice, coupled with his amazing recovery and completely broken Side B. Now he's still whiny but now he's also a generic hero character from a pretty decent game, I honestly don't find any redeemable qualities in Pit and to top it all off he's a pain to fight against.

Unless you're talking about the NES game, then yeah, that game was balls.

Edited by FlipFlopMist

is there a problem with my fairly irrational hatred towards Pit?

my fairly irrational hatred

sort of yes by definition lol

Edited by Integrity

I'd probably nerf Yoshi. The super armor on his up-air is just... why?

I'd also probably give him some longer recovery frames, because Yoshis can just throw out smash attacks and be fine, and that seems kinda stupid to me when they hit so hard.

Other than that, I wouldn't change anything else about him.