timeline possibilities and other Theories

MCProductions

Hey everyone who actually clicked on this.

I want to disscuss possible connections and various headcanons in order to attempt to place all the games in a single timeline

From what i've gathered so far thru searching the Forest and its many forums, Tellius comes first due to the existance of Laguz which are most likely non-degenerated Manaketes and Taguels then Elibe due to the scowering (sorry for butchering the spelling there) being a perfect explanation for the degeneration in Archanea or Akaniea or whatever you want to call it. However after that is when things get a bit hazy/downright confusing due to Magvel. I know Jugdral-Archanea and Valentia-Awakening due to developer confirmation but where is Magvel? Its definately after Elibe due to Manaketes being a thing and before Awakening due to the twins being legends. What's your take on Magvel's timeline location?

Also, one world or many? I say one world with two hemispheres (so like ours lol), and when the claim of another world is made, the people of Fire Emblem are just doing the same thing the Europeans did during the Colonial era and call these other lands differnt worlds.

Finally, Nintendo releases a Virtual Console rerelease of my favorite Fire Emblem game state side for the first time mere months before a trailer for a new Fire Emblem game appears showing a girl who looks a awfully alot like Ninian from said rereleased FE game. Coincidence, or not.

Discuss and I will contribute when I can.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much to contribute at the moment, but I'm going to move this to the main section of the general Fire Emblem board. You'll probably get more views there.

...Where in the world is this "Tellius came first" thing always coming from, exactly? Doesn't, say, Final Fantasy span a multitude of different, unconnected universes? If other franchises are allowed to get away with that then why not Fire Emblem? Because, you know, Fire Emblem has been like that ever since Binding Blade came out and there wasn't a single instace of returning to a universe that IS already moved on from until Awakening. The franchise contains four continuities at this point and I would not be surprised in the slightest if FE14 creates a fifth one.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Manaketes and Dragon Laguz are different. Manaketes can't transform without sealing their powers into a stone. Dragon Laguz don't need to do any such thing.

However in Elibe and Archania it's suggested that it wasn't always the case, which is why it seems logical to assume Dragon Laguz are the precursors of the Manaketes. Specifically the Ending Winter and whatever caused the Dragons to degenerate forced them to seal their powers in stones. I've just recently finished playing Blazing Blade and Nills says they were forced to take human form and seal their power in a dragonstone because Elibe is different to their world. It seems quite clear that they could remain in Dragon form permanantly until Nergal brought them back. Idoun and the dragons fought at the end also don't seem to have dragonstones...even though that kind of directly contradicts what happened to Nills and Ninian...It's been established FE7 has a few flaws plotwise.

Also the Dragon's Gate in Blazing Blade outright confirms there are multiple worlds and Awakening further confirms this. However whether the games take place in the same world ro on several ones is still up for debate. I've recently taken a liking to the theory that Archania lies beyond the Dragon's Gate which leads into a theory that Nills is Forseti.

Edited by Jotari

Forseti is listed as a divine dragon on the wiki. Anyone got a source for that piece of information?

Also, Dragon laguz spend their time in human form whereas the Archanea dragons viewer that as beneath them.

As for the connection between Archanea and Elibe, I think we're reading to deep into it. The whole plot and backstory is pretty much lifted from Archanea almost word for word after all. The connections and similarities are likely nothing more than coincidence.

I believe in multiple dimensions and timelines, as Awakening seems to confirm that this is the case due to the Outrealm Gate and the whole "another world" business. I also believe that there is one timeline for each possible pairing in every game, and perhaps more for some notable pairs that didn't get endings, but at least had a lot of interaction and support conversations (such as Ike x Elincia). Thracia used pairings that weren't possible in FE4, so IS is no stranger to going this route.

My headcanon is that the graphics style for the DS Fire Emblems came about after an exciting and heartful session of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 inside the Intelligent Systems offices.

It was so exciting everyone agreed the next FE should have graphics similiar to HoMM3.

...Where in the world is this "Tellius came first" thing always coming from, exactly? Doesn't, say, Final Fantasy span a multitude of different, unconnected universes? If other franchises are allowed to get away with that then why not Fire Emblem? Because, you know, Fire Emblem has been like that ever since Binding Blade came out and there wasn't a single instace of returning to a universe that IS already moved on from until Awakening. The franchise contains four continuities at this point and I would not be surprised in the slightest if FE14 creates a fifth one.

The Tellius arc is suggested to come first because it's the only arc to have a creation story--and one that doesn't actually take place that long ago in relation to the current storyline.

It also seems to be the continent where a lot of things originated from. You've got the Dragon Laguz being possible precursors to the Manakete and Beast/Bird Laguz as possible ancestors of the Taguel.

Perhaps a slight stretch, but the magic of the world could've come from Tellius too. In Awakening, all the spells, including the legendary Jugdral spells, have Tellius's ancient text during the spell effects. (This could just be asset re-usage, but it seems way too specific to me.)

Personally:

Dragon's Gate is an Outrealm Gate, connecting two worlds

World 1: Tellius > Jugdral > Akaneia >Ylisse

World 2: Elibe and Magvel, FE8 takes place ~ 200 years before FE6. The demon king was initially released by the Ending Winter

Nils is Forseti, because it makes no sense for a dragon with wind power to not be ice.

Personally:

Dragon's Gate is an Outrealm Gate, connecting two worlds

World 1: Tellius > Jugdral > Akaneia >Ylisse

World 2: Elibe and Magvel, FE8 takes place ~ 200 years before FE6. The demon king was initially released by the Ending Winter

Nils is Forseti, because it makes no sense for a dragon with wind power to not be ice.

Nils being Forseti would be cool but isn't the only ice dragon in existence. There was an entire tribe of them in Akaneia before they degenerated.

Nils being Forseti would be cool but isn't the only ice dragon in existence. There was an entire tribe of them in Akaneia before they degenerated.

Yeah, but I feel like it would be nice way to connect the worlds lore. A big part is the Wynaut factor and all.

Also I don't think Forseti is of the Divine Dragon tribe until I see it in text, or Kaga's notes.

Personally while i like my little hemisphere theroy mentioned above, if we are going with a two worlds theroy then i would feel the need to move Tellius to the same world as Elibe and Magvel due to Chrom claiming Ike comes from another world as well as the fact that a third Katti (similer to the Mani and Sol Kattis) sword appears in Tellius before Outrealm hopping becomes commonplace in Awakening.

On the topic of Nils, He certainly fits the bill for Forseti and I agree with this theroy.

Completely differnt continuities is proven bullcrap by Awakening by the way

I like to make timelines using the events that take place in the present time in the game, using the history of the continent and other lore would be to confusing considering one arc can overlap with another. So here is my timeline from my old thread I made a while ago, with some new improvements.

Blazing Sword>Binding Blade>Genealogy of the Holy War>Thracia 776>Dark Dragon and Sword of Light=Shadow Dragon=Mystery of the Emblem Book One War of Darkness>Gaiden>New Mystery of the Emblem=Mystery of the Emblem>Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn>Awakening

Edited by Rabbattack

I don't see why Magvel screws so many people up. It doesn't relate to any other game in the series therefore you can put it wherever you want without trouble. It's like the opposite of a troublesome game to place.

Personally while i like my little hemisphere theroy mentioned above, if we are going with a two worlds theroy then i would feel the need to move Tellius to the same world as Elibe and Magvel due to Chrom claiming Ike comes from another world as well as the fact that a third Katti (similer to the Mani and Sol Kattis) sword appears in Tellius before Outrealm hopping becomes commonplace in Awakening.

On the topic of Nils, He certainly fits the bill for Forseti and I agree with this theroy.

Completely differnt continuities is proven bullcrap by Awakening by the way

Another world can just be another continent. Like how Europeans called the Americas the new world.

I dunno I personally like the idea that Tellius is in the same world as Valm/Valencia and Akaneia/Ylisse, but it doesn't hold up under what's established about Tellius, like Yune drowning the world. If there's a way to make sense out of it, I'll take that theory in a heartbeat.

Edited by Radiant head

Except Tellius's lore says that every continent except for Tellius itself got buried in the ocean. Sure, one or two continents are probably undiscovered until Ike finds them, but I doubt Magvel, Jugdral, Elibe, AND Archanea could ALL possibly exist and thrive.

Except Tellius's lore says that every continent except for Tellius itself got buried in the ocean. Sure, one or two continents are probably undiscovered until Ike finds them, but I doubt Magvel, Jugdral, Elibe, AND Archanea could ALL possibly exist and thrive.

Yune admits gods aren't perfect

There's always a chance the two of them were incorrect with "every continent got washed away" and nobody in Tellius actually bothering to check.

That's why I said the "one or two continents may have gone undiscovered" part.

I've even created one myself, lol.

true, I guess it's part of why I put the GBA games in their own world.

I wouldn't say 3-5 (Akaneia, Valencia, Jugdral) is out of the realm of possibility, our world has 7 and is still mostly covered in water.

Another possibility is that these lands people fight over aren't really continents and just large islands the size of say France. If that's the case then they easily could exist on the same planet while still supporting the flooded continents fact.

Flood waters can recede. Maybe one other contienent than Tellius (most likely Valentia) survives the Great Flood. This is where Ike goes post-Radient Dawn. Then after a few thousand years (cough#most asurdedly less#cough) the flood waters recede and the rest of the games take place afterward.

This is my headcanon anyway. That and I havent even factored how much the waters could recede in the thousand years between the Great Flood (sarcasm warning#which is clearly the same event as Zelda Wind Wakers backstory) and main game Tellius.

Flood waters that drown whole masses of land take millions of years to recede. :/ And then it would take hundreds of more years to re-civilize said land since all its previous inhabitants are dead and its buildings destroyed.

Edited by Anacybele

Flood waters can recede. Maybe one other contienent than Tellius (most likely Valentia) survives the Great Flood. This is where Ike goes post-Radient Dawn. Then after a few thousand years (cough#most asurdedly less#cough) the flood waters recede and the rest of the games take place afterward.

This is my headcanon anyway. That and I havent even factored how much the waters could recede in the thousand years between the Great Flood (sarcasm warning#which is clearly the same event as Zelda Wind Wakers backstory) and main game Tellius.

*Insert magic plot device that's tonally consistent with FE*

Hell maybe Yune personally tries to restore some of the land at the end of RD.

Edited by Radiant head