timeline possibilities and other Theories

MCProductions

Hmm... on the subject of the flood, one thought I've once had is that water levels didn't literally rise. Rather, the land itself got torn to pieces which then sunk, Atlantis style on an almost global scale. It is kinda improbable though, since water alone wouldn't be able to pull that off, and otherwise then it wouldn't be known as just a flood but rather a full blown cataclysm... probably...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I'm just saying its possible

your headcanon is your headcanon and my headcanon is mine

That and whats to say when Ashunra reformed she didnt Insta recede the flood waters or something

why she didn't do that initially I don't understand, but its possible

Here is my new timeline excluding the history of each world, just the time of the main lords.

Blazing Sword>Binding Blade>[sacred Stones]>Genealogy of the Holy War First Generation>Thracia 776>Genealogy of the Holy War Second Generation>[sacred Stones]>BS Fire Emblem War Chronicles of Akaneia=Shadow Dragon Prologue>Dark Dragon and Sword of Light=Shadow Dragon=Mystery of the Emblem Book One War of Darkness>Gaiden>New Mystery of the Emblem=Mystery of the Emblem Book Two War of Heroes>[sacred Stones]>Path of Radiance>Radiant Dawn>[sacred Stones]>Awakening>[sacred Stones]

> Leads to next game

[] Could possibly take place in that time

Sacred Stones probably takes place some time after the Blazing Sword and Binding Blade era. I like to believe that the during the Scouring, the Dragons Gate lead the manaketes to Archanea. Jugdral occurs at the same time the Dragon people were first settling into the new continent of Archanea. Eliwood and Roy's story should be before Jugdral's tale of Sigurd and Seliph because according to the timeline...

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

...The dragons came into Archanea before the events of Genealogy and Thracia, even before the first kingdom was established. If the Dragons Gate is indeed a portal to Archanea, then Elibe would take place before the first three continents. The Golden age of Dragons would probably be around...

...I forgot Fae uses a Dragon stone, which means that she had probably came to Elibe after the Scouring or something, because Dragon Stones most likely didn't exist until 3000 years after the golden age of dragons in Archanea. Time to think...

...Maybe they've been around before they needed to seal their powers, but they had no reason in doing such a thing. I can't do the math to figure out the exact year when the Scouring took place in Elibe, but I have a rough idea. I imagine that their years would be in similar length to ours, just starting at different numbers. What I found in the timeline says they were forced to seal their powers, not that that was the time period dragon stones were created, so dragon stones must have been around during the golden age, 3000 years before. Note that it says the dragons were an advanced civilization, meaning this must have been the time frame that dragon stones were created, but not needed. So in my eyes, Elibe still takes place at the very beginning.

Since Priam says he is the descendent of Ike, I imagine it wasn't to long ago when the Tellius arch took place. Tiki was 1000 years old when she met Marth, during Awakening she is around 3000. I think it is most likely that Ike's story took place in those 2000 years, especially considering that he left to never be seen again. I also imagine that he didn't get as much recognition for his...

...I forgot the Einherjar cards, he must have been immortalized into legends after his game for some magic dude to seal an exact image of his heart and soul into cards, especially more than one. Although, if he never returned, that means Priam most likely couldn't have born several millenniums away from Ike. Such a persons tale could only last so long if being passed down orally from one generation to the next. Ike's descendents probably never stepped foot on Tellius and were probably excluded from hearing those tales from the common folk of Tellius.

Sacred Stones takes place after Elibe

Elibe, I've got no reason. All I know is the dragon zombies presence means that manaketes were more plentiful in the past. Humans have had a long history before the Demon Kings attack 800 years ago, so I guess that they've been living in kingdoms and empires for quite some time. Sacred Stones has no specific place in the timeline, all I see is that it takes place after FE6 and FE7, possibly during FE8 as well.

Tellius and Magvel both generate problems continuity wise. Tellius due to its flood (which we've somewhat worked around) and Magvels obscurity. that said, Tellius can be put at either the beginning or end of the timeline based on preference, but is most likely at the beginning because Laguz. Magvel is another can of worms however and can literly go ANYWHERE between Elibe and Awakening.

Sacred Stones

its a great game, dont get me wrong, but man does it screw with the timeline

My headcanon is that its Elibes Gaiden but i have no real evidence for this

This is what I think too.

My headcanon for the timeline is:

Tellius(PoR/RD): Give us the creation story of the Fire Emblem World and when the gods who initially created the world left. Dragon Laguz and Beast Laguz are the precursors to Manaketes and Taguel. Bird Laguz may have gone extinct with no surviving descendants. Tellius taking place first in the timeline could also explain why Ragnell has deteriorated while the other holy weapons of the series are still in pristine condition.

Jugdral(GotHW/T776): The origin for the conflict between humans and manaketes. Introduces the idea of the dragons being revered as gods and giving their power to humans. Canonically stated to take place prior to the Archanea saga.

Archanea/Valentia(SD/Gaiden/MotE): The conclusion of the major conflict between humans and manaketes. The majority of manaketes are losing their sentience, leaving humans as the dominant species on the planet. Manaketes who kept their sentience and fought against the humans using their degenerated kin (such as Medeus) are sealed/destroyed. Elibe's "Scouring" happens around this same time.

Elibe/Magvel(BB/SS/BS): This is pretty much here just because we know that Awakening has to take place last chronologically. I put Magvel here too because of the similar aesthetic and technological level. These games also show the conflicts of a few remaining dragons, much like Awakening so I don't think they take place too long before Awakening.

Awakening: They're aware of the other storylines, so it has to take place after them.

Wait you place the Scouring at the same time as Archanea.

That both makes sense and screws some things over at the same time. (mostly due to the theroectic Laguz deteriation)

That said, my only real problem with it is that it kills the Nils is Forseti Theroy and I have really started to support that

(That and degeneration of dragons into manaketes happens during the Scouring by most accounts so theres a problem)

Another possibility is that these lands people fight over aren't really continents and just large islands the size of say France. If that's the case then they easily could exist on the same planet while still supporting the flooded continents fact.

Yeah, while the Awakening map makes Valentia look the size of the entire Americas, there wasn't any sense of that in the NES era that I can see. The Valentian civil war fit into what was basically the Peg Sisters' holiday from Marth Wars. I think FE3 even had Hardin saying there wasn't room for both him and Marth in one small continent.

Honestly, all of Archanea might be the size of Japan. Not small, but not the size of Eurasia.

But really, when you get right down to it, FE5 and FE4 don't fit seamlessly together, so any way you try to piece these games together there'll be loose ends and contradictions and unsatisfying retcons.

My logic is if Zelda can have a timeline (as screwed up as it is) so can Fire Emblem

Of course my logic has led me to always pair up Lyn and Eliwood, make the tactician from FE 7 and Robin both Lian Xing from the Syphon Filter series of all things. (I hate self inserts so I always make them other VG characters) and mistake Ike and Mia's regular endings in RD for a paired ending. So my logic is questionable when it comes to Fire Emblem.

Back on topic so the present consenseous is

FE9-FE10-FE7-FE8-FE6-FE4gen1-FE5-FE4gen2-FE1/11-FE2-FE3/12-FE13

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I believe that Magvel, Tellius, Elibe, and Archanea/Valm/Jugdral are all in different worlds. Much simpler this way.

I don't know how long ago the great flood was in Path of Radiance, someone please enlighten me on this detail.

Back on topic so the present consenseous is

FE9-FE10-FE7-FE8-FE6-FE4gen1-FE5-FE4gen2-FE1/11-FE2-FE3/12-FE13

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

From the golden age of dragons to Awakening that's 7000 years. Adding some 1000 years of the scouring and dragons settling on Archanea, that's some 2000 years or so.

I don't think Priam would be calling himself a descendent of Ike after all that time. I mean, generation after generation his ancestry would become less apparent. Many people would have Ike's genes already and nobody cares. This isn't 2000 of the controlled selective breeding process of royals, this is a very different situation than that of Marths line.

Edited by Rabbattack

I don't think Priam would be calling himself a descendent of Ike after all that time. I mean, generation after generation his ancestry would become less apparent.

Yeah that's why I don't like having Tellius set at the beginning.

Also, if the games are set so many millenia apart, then it's hard to buy they're still stuck in that medieval aesthetic.

My head. It is spinning.

I think FE8 is the outlier in the FE timeline. It doesn't seem to me like its world fits in well with any other one than Valentia, and that's mostly because they both have the monster enemies. In any case, I'll probably take whatever you guys come up with.

It sure dosen't that besides Priam EVERYTHING else points to Tellius happening first.

Its making me assume that the sole reason for Priams existance is simply to disprove all the IkexSoren and IkexRanulf shippers out there but even that makes no sense due to there being no Ikexfemale pairings in RD

maybe my little mistake about Ike and Mia's regular endings meant more than a simple screw up on my part

Nah I think Priam's existence was just meant to be an easter egg for people familiar with Ike. The big thing Awakening has going for it is that it's given the FE franchise this massive push to the west. So when it comes to the west's familiarity with Fire Emblem, they know Marth and Ike from Super Smash. So where the main game deals with Marth's legacy, Ike is the other character people know, so they gave him a legacy too as bone.

You can draw implications of Ike having a descendant, but for god's sake, let's not steer this thread in the "Ike's wife" direction.

I've got something that goes with "other theories". Anna's sisters aren't actually her sisters, instead, she is her sisters. After travelling many times through the Outrealms and coming across many different worlds during many different time periods, travelling through time, she eventually ends up meeting herself over and over again to the point where she no longer remembers how it got that way. This explains how there are Anna's in every game. Time travel via Outrealms.

Its making me assume that the sole reason for Priams existance is simply to disprove all the IkexSoren and IkexRanulf shippers out there but even that makes no sense due to there being no Ikexfemale pairings in RD

Why can't Ike's wife simply be an unnamed woman? I feel IS wanted to continue the tradition of the lord marrying/being able to marry someone a bit differently here this time.

Of course my logic has led me to always pair up Lyn and Eliwood, make the tactician from FE 7 and Robin both Lian Xing from the Syphon Filter series of all things. (I hate self inserts so I always make them other VG characters) and mistake Ike and Mia's regular endings in RD for a paired ending. So my logic is questionable when it comes to Fire Emblem.

The mention of Mia on my part was just a joke concerning this post.

I don't know who Ike married and it could very well be a unnamed women. the games don't specify.

but in the interest of avoiding the further discussion of pairings in a thread i didn't intend to disscuss this in lets find a way back to timeline discussion if possible.

not trying to sound rude but i am i apoligize

I saw that post, but I didn't know you were joking, my bad.

And true, this isn't a pairings thread, so yeah, back to the timeline business. xP

Since I believe in the multiple dimensions/worlds thing, I also like the idea of some games actually taking place at the same time.

Something I've been thinking about recently that may signify time passing: the Valentian floodgates. Take this as you will, but it looks like Valm is one entire landmass now, and I guess the floodgates were impracticalized by receding of ocean. Look at southwest Ylisse and where Talys used to be. There's considerably more land in those two spots. This may not be the most important thing ever, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Actually the first post about my logic was completely truthful. everything to do with Ike and Mia after that was a joke because I like to make fun of myself.

about your theroy tho, I like it simply because it makes me basically playing every FE at once seem plusable storywise

FYI: I'm an Awakening noob who only got the game last summer but I then went and killed my wallet to get the other FEs which means I played through every US FE in 6-7 months(can't remember if i got Awakening in july or August)

yes I'm serious

Since I believe in the multiple dimensions/worlds thing, I also like the idea of some games actually taking place at the same time.

Reminds me of a great flood thingy I wrote a while ago. Of course, it was complete AU b/c screw FE13, but hey!

On topic, regarding the multiple worlds theory, what if the Sacred Stones are the "GBA world" counterparts of the gems on the Akaneia Fire Emblem?