timeline possibilities and other Theories

MCProductions

Reminds me of a great flood thingy I wrote a while ago. Of course, it was complete AU b/c screw FE13, but hey!On topic, regarding the multiple worlds theory, what if the Sacred Stones are the "GBA world" counterparts of the gems on the Akaneia Fire Emblem?

Wait could that make Elibe's Fire Emblem a Shield of Seals when the Sacred Stones are placed in the appropriete slots

If so then this is evidence for Magvel being Elibe's Gaiden so I'm all for it

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't of even made the joke had I not seen that claim before so I can see where your coming from.

quick question tho: how do you do that line cut thru thing I've seen on this site before for when your not serious

that would of saved some problems

Alternately, just do this:

[s]Cross this out![/s]
Result:

Cross this out!

Edit: mobile can use that method

And Elibe's Emblem is not a shield. It's a gem. You can even see it in all official art of the Binding Blade itself, it's the red gem at the center of the hilt.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Possibly even if it isn't a shield, Elibe's emblem could actually be a SACRED STONE if its a gem.

If Magvel occurs between the Scouring and FE 7 then FE 6 and 7s Fire Emblem could possibly but improbably be Rausten's Sacred Stone

Edited by randomsonicvideos123

I have a theory, what if Marth is actually a girl. Marth married Sheeda amd couldn't have children, so Elice took the responsibility of creating future descendents to weild the Falchion in Marths place. So Chrom is still related to the Hero King in some way.

Soren could also have been a girl and married Ike, this is a way more likely explanation than an unnamed woman bearing his child.

Possibly even if it isn't a shield, Elibe's emblem could actually be a SACRED STONE if its a gem.

If Magvel occurs between the Scouring and FE 7 then FE 6 and 7s Fire Emblem could possibly but improbably be Rausten's Sacred Stone

I agree with this, I think I need more proof though. This may be considered stretching it a bit too much though. Nice theory though. I like it, although it needs work.

New theory: The Avatar/Robin actually had twin Morgans.

I know it needs more proof which is why I'm going to grind my way thru Sacred Stonesbest game title ever by the wayagain.

The twin Morgans is accurate for A Future Past but that perticuler DLC has so many contradictions it really brings out the Phoenix Wright in me

I personally the start of the scouring is what originally set off the Demon King's original coming in FE8's backstory, setting FE8 around 200 years before FE6.

At the same time, the gem (Elibe's Emblem, that is) was also presumably created around that time. It could be a sixth stone Magvel's people didn't know about.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are we all trying to fit these worlds together? Thanks to the Outrelm gates and the other worldly visitors in awakening it feels like IS has officially gone out and said FE games take place in different worlds. The only hint contrary is Priam which maye have traveled through the outrealm gates or might not really be ikes decendent...(which could explain why the blade doesn't hold up)

Why are we all trying to fit these worlds together? Thanks to the Outrelm gates and the other worldly visitors in awakening it feels like IS has officially gone out and said FE games take place in different worlds. The only hint contrary is Priam which maye have traveled through the outrealm gates or might not really be ikes decendent...(which could explain why the blade doesn't hold up)

If you've been reading the topic... it's split on whether there's one world or two.

Just one or two? There is no concrete evidence or official statement to imply less than four (and If might bring that up to five).

The two sides are mainly this:

One world - Chrom knows everything.

Two - Tellius is in the same world as Akaneia, taking place long before it. Elibe and Magvel are in the same world, FE8 being around 200 years before 6.

My problem with everything being in a separate world is that Tellius has the same connection to Akaneia/Ylisse that some random worlds like Zelda or Final Fantasy might have. You might as well say the Outrelm Gates can take you to Super Smash.

Edited by Radiant head

Not absolutely everything is in seperate worlds. The universe containing all of Archanea/Ylisse, Valentia/Valm and Jugdral (FE1/11, FE2, FE3/12, FE4 and FE5) is one universe. The universe of Elibe (FE6 and FE7) is likely to be another by virtue of no official statement or concrete evidence stating otherwise. The universe of Magvel (FE8) is likely to be a third one from the same reasons. Same with the universe of Tellius (FE9 and FE10) being a fourth one.

The thing is all these universes are somewhat similar to each other, so they are probably they are probably in the same multiverse, and quite close to eachother within said multiverse as well. And by the time of FE13 universe #1 is at least connected to pocket universes that copy locations from the other three. However, I don't think it is likely that you can travel to Super Smash from there. I mean, if we were to actually assume that Smashverse is located anywhere near any of the FE universes it would probably be further away from any of them than any of the four is from the other three in the group.

So yeah. I'm more curious about how "lore", as Chrom puts in, from Elibe, Magvel and Tellius ended up in Ylisse. For it to be known to him said "lore" must have been known in Ylisse for at least a little while. Even though it is from three alternate realities. Meaning that means of crossing the dimensions were around for a while as well.

The thing is all these universes are somewhat similar to each other, so they are probably they are probably in the same multiverse, and quite close to eachother within said multiverse as well. And by the time of FE13 universe #1 is at least connected to pocket universes that copy locations from the other three. However, I don't think it is likely that you can travel to Super Smash from there. I mean, if we were to actually assume that Smashverse is located anywhere near any of the FE universes it would probably be further away from any of them than any of the four is from the other three in the group.

I'm not so sure about that. Captain Falcon managed to cross somehow.

I have spent long nights contemplating how that would work and coming up with a coherent explanation. Be warned.

[spoiler=long]disclaimer: everything here is my interpretation/analysis of how the FE universe(s) works because i spend way too much time thinking about this

I like to think of FE as all happening in the same universe/planet, mostly because it's fun to think of links between them. From sources given and implications taken from the games themselves, it isn't hard to order a few of them (namely Akeania/Jugdral/valencia/awakening); those + potentially elibe as well already form a somewhat coherent timeline. The biggest problem, in my mind, is that on the timescale either given or assumed, it's questionable whether Chrom would be aware of all the legends (particularly that of Ike, if you put Tellius first). It is a fact that the tales of Akaenia, Valencia and Ylisse happen in the same world, two thousand years apart. This much is made explicit by the games themselves. Additionally, developer's commentary reveals that the Holy War of Jugdral takes place in some unspecified "distant past" before Marth's war begins, but in the same world. This, combined with the fact that Marth is aware of Anri but not of Sigurd implies that the crusades in Jugdral either took place long before Anri, or on a different continent entirely. More on this later. This already leaves us with FE4G1 -> FE5 -> FE4G2 -> FE1 -> FE2 -> FE3 -> FE13.

Next, let's talk about Elibe. Elibe is probably the one that was the most difficult for me (yes, even moreso than Magvel), as it introduces the most inconsistencies if we give it the obvious place on the timeline (that is, an alternate world to Marth's). My first thought was the same as most everyone else's in here's - that Elibe is some kind of alternate world (or even an alternate future, if you want to put a diverging timeline in here somewhere), connected via the Dragon's Gate. The problem with this placement is Chrom. If we assume that Chrom is loosely aware of the events of every previous FE (as legends and such), it would make no sense for Chrom to know of Roy and Lyn as legendary. See, they're legendary heroes and figures from an alternate future of Chrom's own world. Even assuming the dragon's gate remained open (and I see no reason it wouldn't), it doesn't make sense for Chrom to know of legends and tales from a world that he would presumably never have any interaction with. So this puts Elibe back onto the main timeline, which conflicts with the whole "dragons and men making peace" deal that akaenia has going on. There also just isn't enough time between FE1 and FE13 for something as major as the Ending Winter to happen without it being made note of (well, I guess there is, but it most likely couldn't have happened after the first exalt became a thing because that's actually in "recent" history for FE13). So the only real place to put Elibe would be before FE1 somewhere. When exactly is pretty arbitrary and you could probably justify putting it anywhere but I chose to put it before FE4.

I'll be the first to admit that my version of events is pretty hacked together and graspy, but I like it. This section of the timeline begins with the "golden age of dragons", or the rule of the divine dragons in Akaenia. This is the "dragons and men lived in peace" of FE7's opening scene. According to the unified timeline of Jugdral/Akaenia/Valencia, there is about three thousand years before the decline of the dragons as described. This decline seems to match the description of the Ending Winter in FE6, so let's run with that: The Scouring took place because a group of humans decided to rebel against the ruling class of dragons in Elibe and used some kind of ancient voodoo magic to forge the Eight Heroes' weapons. This took place worldwide, causing the Ending Winter to occur, which had the side effect of severely weakening the divine dragons. The Scouring also forced some (but not all! it is a fact that some dragons remained behind, namely arcadia) the dragons through the Dragon's Gate. Fast-forward to roughly the beginning of the Lopt Empire. If we assume that the Dragons Gate links Elibe and Akaenia as some kind of portal in the same world (I'm aware they mention it being "another world", but without extended flight/etc that could just as well mean a sufficiently distant continent), we can place FE7/FE6 right around here. With all the dragons gone from Elibe, humans there would have built up their own civilization, but not necessarily have built up enough to be aware of other continents (namely Akaenia). Most of my reasoning here comes from consideration and modification of this theory, which states that Nils becomes the dragon known as Forseti in the Miracle of Darna. If we place the events of FE7 as roughly contemporary with the early-middle years of the Loptyr Empire (for that matter, you could probably place it at the end), that leaves enough time for Nils to grow older and become powerful enough to bless a wind tome with his power. The rest of my reasoning from here would be an echo of that topic (both the OP and other comments in the thread), so I won't bother typing it out, but that leads into FE6, then into FE4, etc etc.

Next up is Tellius, which is kind of a bitch to place for the exact opposite reason as Elibe's. Elibe for me was difficult to place because there were too many significant events for me to fit it into an existing timeline. Tellius, on the other hand, has almost no connections whatsoever with the current timeline, except for really minor hints like the tale of naesala and leanne mentioned by one of the Taguel (was it Yarne?). Oh, and the very existance of Priam, I suppose. I have two theories that I flip-flop between (both of them have inconsistencies but I have no idea how to reconcile them).

The major deciding factor is whether we trust the goddesses' word that everything was wiped out by the flood. If we do, that necessitates that Tellius come way, way, waaaaaaaaay before anything else we already have (or after, but then we introduce time travelling descendants into the equation, which awakening clearly handled so well). This would begin our timeline with the Great Flood (well, it would start with Ashenura but that's irrelevant). It would have to be significantly before anything else, because, with everything gone, it would take thousands if not millions of years for the floodwaters to recede enough to have new land (I assume we have some goddess speeding things up a bit). This fits in nicely with our current timeline thus far - The dragon laguz will become the "divine dragons" as described in our lore. I can only assume that they eventually branched into more dragon types than red/white/black because evolution can do that to you. The other laguz types are presumably also affected by the Ending Winter and are forced to evolve into taguel. It's also made explicit that Ike leaves for lands unknown, which opens the possibility of the rest of the continent going as well (leading to dragon/human populations on what would eventually ebcome elibe/akaenia/jugdral/valencia). A major flaw with this theory for me is that by now we're reaching over ten thousand years before Chrom (2k between chrom and marth, 4k between marth and golden age of dragons, call it 5k years for the floodwaters to recede... that's 11k years right there). Chrom even being aware of the Radiant Hero of the Blue Flames is the biggest problem (how many mythical figures do you know from eleven thousand years ago?), that can be handwaved with "killing a goddess is kind of important" and "legends are better-kept in the FE world".

Option two is that the goddesses were just wrong when they said the flood wiped out everything. Yune said themselves that they aren't perfect, meaning they aren't omnipotent and wouldn't necessarily know about other parts of the world. This gives us a lot more flexibility with where we put Tellius on our timeline. I like to put the Ending Winter as the cause of the Great Flood, mostly because it pleases me when things line up. Consider this - Yune and Ashera aren't even aware of the other continents. What if they simply aren't as powerful as they think they are and the flood was a combination of Yune going nuts and an external force of nature. Or even, Yune went nuts because of an external natural disruption. Either one works, I don't really care. Regardless, this puts the events of FE9 roughly contemporary with the establishment of the Granbell republic. The rest of the events are largely irrelevant (Ike still leaves, a lot of what I said about Laguz etc still holds, except laguz probably became taguel or died out entirely for other reasons... don't ask me).

The only other inconsistency with both placements is the fact that Priam matters. You could put Ike literally anywhere from the birth of the world to the first exalt and it still wouldn't make sense for people to care that Priam is his descendant (imagine me saying "hey i'm descended from genghis khan and alexander the great" - not super convincing and nobody really cares). Unfortunately I don't know how to deal with that as the onlyl real way would be to put FE10 after the first exalt which is patently ridiculous.

Magvel I just kind of stuffed arbitrarily as contemporary with the first exalt. Literally the only thing we have to go on is that manaketes exist and are extremely rare, which would mean it's long past the Ending Winter. You could put it almost literally anywhere and it wouldn't matter. I have a headcanon that Formortiis is a servant of Grima, but I have no particular backing for that theory. They're both just evil for the sake of it I suppose?

I think that covers just about everything of note (either legitimately worked in, handwaved or explicitly ignored)... Oh the outrealms are a thing but as far as i'm concerned those are hubba's bedroom chambers that he alters with the same voodoo magic that einherjar are made out of

Whew, that took me almost three hours to write. I haven't effortposted about FE's plot for a while, that felt good.

i'm just going to drop this here and then make a copy of this to keep in a text file so i never have to longpost about plot again

Edited by CT075

i'm just going to drop this here and then make a copy of this to keep in a text file so i never have to longpost about plot again

Good post. I choose to subscribe to the second Tellius theory myself. I like the idea that the Outerrealm gate just connects long distances that would be impossible to travel without aircrafts that don't exist. The fact that people know Ike in Awakening but not Sigurd is why I like to think Ike isn't that distant. Plus like mentioned before, it would be impossible to keep track of his bloodline otherwise.