FE10 How to text edit?

Roxachronc

So I have been messing with FE10 recently, I was reading a topic with some hacking notes(which was VERY useful for me to get started with this) and the only thing I still not get how to do(well aside from changing Florete to deal magic damage) is how to edit text.

Especifically for an item's name I am not really sure how to do it(I suppose it should be possible since actual dialogues can be edited to).

I would really appreciate if someone can help me :)

I can't really help much, as I don't have FE10's files, but the text files should be in the Mess or M directory.

Just open them in any good hex editor with an ASCII text panel. If you're lucky, the text should be uncompressed and you can easily edit it as long as you stick within the allowed text space (you can expand the text by manipulating the pointers too if necessary).

But if the text is compressed, chuck them into Batch-LZ77.

As for Florete, I can't really remember how it's coded, but I have a bad feeling you'll have to butcher it since FE10 got rid of magic swords. Maybe if I had FE9's files to compare with...

I can't really help much, as I don't have FE10's files, but the text files should be in the Mess or M directory.

Just open them in any good hex editor with an ASCII text panel. If you're lucky, the text should be uncompressed and you can easily edit it as long as you stick within the allowed text space (you can expand the text by manipulating the pointers too if necessary).

But if the text is compressed, chuck them into Batch-LZ77.

As for Florete, I can't really remember how it's coded, but I have a bad feeling you'll have to butcher it since FE10 got rid of magic swords. Maybe if I had FE9's files to compare with...

Thanks I am gonna look into them :)

Also your notes were very helpful for helping me to start with FE10 hacking.

Yeah, I knew the Florete was kind of difficult, I think only Strike have the options for magical damage(or at least Breath because of White Dragons), and I suppose come with it, but anyways It seems more easy to mess with Mist or Florete stats, tought Florete dealing Magical damage would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it will be of any help but shadowx39 hacked a few Ocarina codes that gives some blades the ability to do magic damage.

Wind Edge does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]
04B60200 00230008
Storm Sword does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]
04B60250 00C80008
Tempest Blade does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]
04B602A0 01F40008
Florete does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]
04B60340 00C80009
Edited by Duncan Idaho

Not sure if it will be of any help but shadowx39 hacked a few Ocarina codes that gives some blades the ability to do magic damage.

Wind Edge does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]

04B60200 00230008

Storm Sword does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]

04B60250 00C80008

Tempest Blade does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]

04B602A0 01F40008

Florete does Magic Damage [ShadowX39]

04B60340 00C80009

IIRC, Goldie only changed it so the swords had the time attribute in the item table.

Just like they made a pseudo-Runesword.

Edited by shadowofchaos

IIRC, Goldie only changed it so the swords had the time attribute in the item table.

Just like they made a pseudo-Runesword.

But it keeps being a ''sword'' right?

As if Ike,Mist can equip them and the weapon's type still shows ''sword'' ingame?