• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• twilit

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

Banned because I meant Sol katti and you didn't read my mind.

(Thank you anyways, though!)

Edited by Benice

Thanks!

Banned because it's probably possible on Normal Mode. Definitely not on Hard without insane luck or RNG manipulation.

Banned because I'm thinking that it might be more effective to focus my efforts on a mandatory unit and one of the best units in the game instead of trying to build up a huge team of characters that are overall very weak.

Banned because even an RNG-Blessed Roy will be awful-He promotes so late, (The end of Chapter 21 or end of 21x if you get the gaiden) that I'm fairly certain that barring extreme luck and lots of statboosters, he can't really be a great unit.

If you do want to play through FE6 again, I do have a few suggestions:

1. Use Marcus without hesitation, even on normal mode. He should be able to chip down units so that everyone else can have kills fed to them
  2. Deke is really really good, especially for the earlygame, and Shanna is probably worth using because she can promote fairly early. (Chapter 8 )
  3. You only get two hero crests without buying them from chapter 16's secret shop.
  4. Early promtote Lilina if you use her-there's literally no reason not to as she gains tons of speed from promotion and she's capping magic either way.
  5. Early promote almost everyone: FE6's stat gains are insanely high and can change a mediocre unit to a star just like that.
  6. Swordmasters and Berserkers geta +30 to crit, so earlypromoting is usually a good idea, especially for Rutger. (Who is better on hard mode, FYI)
  7. Gonzales looks really bad, but he has a 50% speed growths and gets +5 skill from promotion in addition to the +30 crit.
  8. Don't be afraid to use prepromotes! You get lots of them.
  9. Lot can be pretty good.

FE6 just ain't for some people, though, between the axes and ambush spawns. It's much like the Archanea games in that you get better units and then replacement ones later- Deke comes before Ogier, for example.

On normal mode, you can probably use most people as you wish, although Shin, Fir and other units with HM bonuses won't be as good. (Perceval and Miledy still can snap the game in half somewhat.)

If you like good growth units, Ogier usually becomes pretty good, (higher growths than Deke, but worse CON and bases) Zeiss has the ability to become a capped def/str wyvern rider, (Moreso in HM, though) Rutger can kill bosses insanely well and is super helpful for some of the worst bosses-8 and 8x's bosses are particularily bad.

You COULD also give Hard Mode a spin, but many of your grievances with it may be multiplied. However, HM is a different beast entirely and turns bad units on Normal Mode, (Fir, Shin and sorta Rutger, although he's still quite good) into absolute beasts-Shin in particular is amazing.

And there's always The Numbers patch, which makes the game more like FE7.

Anyways. I'll stop ranting.

Banned because I really don't, I just watch Mangs play it/Listen to Mekkah talk about strategy and ppeak with mild knowledge.

Banned because he succumbed to my peer pressure.

Yeah... Chapter 14 is pretty annoying. Desert + FoW+Time limit for the gaiden isn't any good, but there's great loot you do NOT want to miss, including a guiding ring only Sophia can find that is near the sieze point.

Hope you're enjoying FE6 more this time, though! Have you gotten either gaiden? What's your team looking like?

Banned because my team is mostly carried by Rutger, Bartre, Lilina (who got an angelic robe and a guiding ring, and is a pretty great sage), Shanna, and Milady. Clarine is my healer, Klain is my archer (really useful against the wyvern riders in Ch. 13), and Astore is my go-to thief. The more middling members of my team are Marcus (surprising I know), Lance, Noah, and Deke. And then there's Roy, who is as bad in FE6 as he is good in Smash Ultimate.

The only gaiden I've gotten so far was Ch. 8x. And I switched to the Numbers Patch version of FE6 but used my save file from a little while back. Hit rates are a bit better, so that's something.

I'm really hoping to finish because I do love the world and characters of Elibe. I just wish it didn't feel like the game was consistently working against you in ways that feel unfair rather than challenging.