• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

9 hours ago, Benice said:

SLAY

Hope you enjoy the final chapter! The music in the finale is fantastic IMO, so I hope you enjoy it.

minor substory spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

The Obatarian is a character from a substory, and unironically one of the best Cabaret club workers in the game.

She's also hilarious.

Banned for sharing my opinions on Yakuza 0.

Banned because I see (about the side quest).

And sure thing, sure thing. Even if the finale is equally good as everything else, it'll be baller. But I don't doubt it'll be even better, if the game so far's been any indicator. Devs know how to top themselves as every chapter goes by, and the lack of any real down time has been nice.

Also nice to know that there's a free roam mode after you beat the game to clean up any side content like real estate and cabaret club. I'll finish them then. And whatever other quests I feel like clearing out, maxing out the combat styles, etc.

Banned because of course, the pleasure was mine. Soon as the Kiwamis go on sale again I'll nab them too. I need more Yakuza in me life.

Until then, I can go back and wrap up the loose ends I want to get done in 0.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Banned because I really hope you enjoy them as well! K1 is a really fun game with a bunch of improvements over 0's combat system and is pretty good, which is impressive considering the source material of OG Yakuza 1-. K2 is the second Dragon Engine game, and... Well, they were still figuring things out with it, but it's pretty fun, and I love ragdolls. K2 is kind of the opposite of K1 in a lot of ways, with its biggest strengths being the story and side-stories. It also has an absolutely masterful side campaign! K2 is tied with 0, LAD, and Lost Judgment as my favorite games in the series.

As a side note, you may want to hold off on the Kiwamis if they go on sale soon! The remake/localizations of Ishin! is coming out in three weeks, and by all accounts, Ishin is one of the best games in the series- Famitsu gave Yakuza 0 a 36/40, and the original Ishin got a 38/40. It's also a nice one to play in between 0 and K1 since it uses a similar combat system (In fact, Ishin! was the game to introduce the multi-style system), but the styles are radically different from Kiryu's throughout the main series. The music is on-point, the setting is really cool, and the original was a visual marvel considering that it was a launch PS4 game, so I'd expect the same here. Lastly, there is more Kuze in Ishin, so it's easily the GOTY. The only thing with it is that characters throughout the series play historical figures, so if you want to be fully blind going into the rest of the series and want to save it for last so that you can go ytXnEPu.jpg

, then that's valid too!

And you can't forget that Judgment is a great game that can be played at any time in the Yakuza timeline, since it only uses the same setting.

There's also LAD, which can technically be played out of order at the cost of ruining Yakuza 5, but I'd argue that Y5's story is kinda sussy to begin with

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Banned because I really hope you enjoy them as well! K1 is a really fun game with a bunch of improvements over 0's combat system and is pretty good, which is impressive considering the source material of OG Yakuza 1-. K2 is the second Dragon Engine game, and... Well, they were still figuring things out with it, but it's pretty fun, and I love ragdolls. K2 is kind of the opposite of K1 in a lot of ways, with its biggest strengths being the story and side-stories. It also has an absolutely masterful side campaign! K2 is tied with 0, LAD, and Lost Judgment as my favorite games in the series.

As a side note, you may want to hold off on the Kiwamis if they go on sale soon! The remake/localizations of Ishin! is coming out in three weeks, and by all accounts, Ishin is one of the best games in the series- Famitsu gave Yakuza 0 a 36/40, and the original Ishin got a 38/40. It's also a nice one to play in between 0 and K1 since it uses a similar combat system (In fact, Ishin! was the game to introduce the multi-style system), but the styles are radically different from Kiryu's throughout the main series. The music is on-point, the setting is really cool, and the original was a visual marvel considering that it was a launch PS4 game, so I'd expect the same here. Lastly, there is more Kuze in Ishin, so it's easily the GOTY. The only thing with it is that characters throughout the series play historical figures, so if you want to be fully blind going into the rest of the series and want to save it for last so that you can go ytXnEPu.jpg

, then that's valid too!

And you can't forget that Judgment is a great game that can be played at any time in the Yakuza timeline, since it only uses the same setting.

There's also LAD, which can technically be played out of order at the cost of ruining Yakuza 5, but I'd argue that Y5's story is kinda sussy to begin with

Banned because I see!

I was looking forward to playing Ishin at some point so maybe I'll nab that first. Just depends on what I feel like atm. More Kuze is always welcome. Easily my favorite of the lieutenants, and a popular one from what I can tell.

Engage also shipped so I might end up playing that first idk. Or both at the same time because I have a mighty need for more Yakuza.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Banned because I'm excited to see which characters make an appearance in the Ishin remake, the characters we saw so far are great and I have no complaints! A part of me wished Ichiban had a main story role, maybe replacing Nishiki as Izo but I'm happy with the characters we have so far. 

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

was looking forward to playing Ishin at some point so maybe I'll nab that first. Just depends on what I feel like atm

Of course! You can't really go wrong, unless you do Y3 or OG1; the rest are all good options. And so is Engage, from what I've heard!

Banned because I'm really excited for Ishin, but I don't know if I'll be able to play it any time soon. I'm glad they kept Watase, though!