Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shin

Fire Emblem: Magvel 803 - Alternate Story Act Three

Recommended Posts

After losing the village, being persecuted by their own country, slaying General Seth and destroying a demonic lord, our heroes finally return to the capital of Grado. Tales of their exploits have been circulating through the army, and the higher ups certainly will show interest in hearing their account.

The capital of Grado is perhaps the largest city on the continent, a centre of culture and commerce. With almost anything one could imagine, there is always something for one to occupy themselves with. Examples include;

- The Great Library

- Marketplace

- Tavern

- Barracks

- Rumours on the streets

- The Arena

- Occult store

- Farmer Ted's

- Palace

- Something else

PC's have 3 in game days, split into morning, afternoon and evening. After enough people have done what they want to or enough real life time has passed, time will progress. The only restraint is that you are expected to be at the Palace on the afternoon of the second day. The format of the RP has swapped to in thread for the time being.

You have also been granted 1200 each in wages.

And for some reason, you all remember something about yourselves and what you have via the Spreadsheet.

Edited by Shin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thea had split off from the rest of the group, deciding to head to the Occult store to see if there was anything interesting there to buy. She wasn't really looking for anything specific, but figured it was as good a place to start as any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A rather strange establishment

Thea's venture into the occult store would make sense to those who knew her. Passing through strings of beads, an exotic smell filled her nostrils, rather fitting for her surroundings. Strange items cluttered the shelves, various artefacts and charms of many varieties. The only other person occupying the building was a hooded woman, probably somewhere in her older years, seated behind a desk.

"Welcome my child, what brings you to my little store?" she cackled. "Perhaps I can interest you in a trinket, or perhaps you're here for your fortune?"

Fortune telling - 100G

Spook - 700G

Flux - 1100G

Foul Spores - 500G

Arcane Charm - 300G

Marketplace

As one would have expected, Grado's central square was filled with almost anything one could imagine. Clothing, weapons, food, jewelry, the maze of tents seemed to house everything. One stall in particular seemed to attract her attention though. A tall man dressed in a lavish robe seemed to be trying draw her in.

"I think I've got something that you might be interested in." he gloated, sitting casually on a stool. "Anyone can acquire greatness with the right effort. It's hefty though, it'll cost you fifteen thousand, which I bet you don't have. You're interesting though, if you can find a way to bring down the Arena's champion, then I'll let you have it for a hundredth of the price. I have a few other things if you're not feeling quite so bold."

Iron Lance - 550G

Steel Lance - 800G

Javelin - 600G

Master Seal - 15,000G or defeat 8th Arena opponent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Bring down the champion? That... sounds difficult." Risa sighed. "But I'll give it a try. Do you have any information on them, or anything like that?" If she was going to pull something like this off, it'd help to be prepared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man smiles, almost mockingly so. "He's a brute with strength beyond recognition. Some say he used to live with bears. All I know is that he's plenty strong and fights with a big sword."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a thief and a man who was very bad at learning lessons, Kassem's first impulse was to go to the market and swipe a few trinkets from whoever he could. And that was indeed his overall plan, but before he went to robbing the store he decided to try and speak with the people. Thus, he went to find out about any rumours which he could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours

Being the sneaky bugger he is, Kassem's attempts to find out information were fairly fruitful. The chattering of peasants, the grumbling of guards, there was much to be heard.

"They say that General Seth was killed in battle, somewhere in the north. Not even two weeks ago!"

"Oh! But I've heard that he's been seen about since! There was a battle in Serafew!"

"Fancy that! Maybe they didn't quite finish him off? Or maybe he's even a ghost!"

Other information wasn't quite as useful.

"I heard a fella taught his wyvern to read. Well, at least he tried to... it's pretty hard to teach someone something you can't do yourself."

"They say Farmer Ted's looking for people to help him out around the farm. He's got a few coins going for anyone who's willing to do some work."

"Apparently sandals are in this season."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright, been some time since I was here. Gonna give the place a look!" Having gained some funds, Alex took her mule to a stable nearby, and quickly waved to the group and made way to deeper in the city. She had in mind to search a blacksmith to fix some dents and scratches in her armor, and perhaps buying new weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thea glanced over the woman's dark magic collection with a slight sigh before continuing to the back of the shop. "Uhm... The fortune telling... Do you use magic for it? What kind of magic?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thwomp in everything but name

Alex's search for a skilled hammer was rather short, the clanking and banging of metal against metal made the blacksmith's hut easy to find. A tall muscular man was set at his anvil, working on some kind of metal work.

"What do you need, lass? I've got basic provisions ready but if you want anything fancy it might be a while."

Iron Sword - 600G

Iron Lance - 550G

Iron Axe - 450G

Javelin - 600G

Hand Axe - 550G

Repairs - Base weapon cost + 100G per use + time

Heavy Armour - 700G, +2 Str, +2 Def, -1 move, armour weakness

Custom Job - Ask for details

Fortune telling

The woman looked up at Thea, ushering her down and gesturing towards a stool.

"Elder magic, not unlike your own." she replied, placing her hands on a crystal ball. "I can tell you much. For example, you may only grow more hasty in your progress, unless something changes your fate. There is much to see in your future."

Edited by Shin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepting the gold quickly, the fortune teller closed her eyes, handling the ball once more.

"I see a familiar foe, and a frightening one at that. An unexpected ally... and a difficult choice. Trust your tongue, young one. For there will be those who will deprive you of it to reach your heart. Have faith in a close ally, for they may become even closer than ever before."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex took a glance around the weapons on display, but wasn't too excited to find out the only sword on display was much like one she already had. "Do ya have any more swords in your stock? I'm tryin' ta find a sword with more... 'heave' to it. Somethin' I can hit things harder with."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With his newfound wages, Jason headed off towards the Arena to take a look at the competition and perhaps test his might in battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Living with bears? That's... well, it doesn't really matter unless he rides one." Which admittedly would be kind of terrifying. "Uh, he doesn't ride one, right?" she asked, starting to get kind of worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little more oomph

Still striking at his work, the blacksmith laughed. "You're a tiny little thing, you're going to struggle to swing anything too big." he said firmly, his own hulking physique dwarfing Alex. "I could probably trim down one of the bigger ones, but it's not going to be too sturdy."

Iron Blade - -5wt, 18 uses 1200G

"You just ain't built for the big stuff, girl. Get some muscle and I'll be able to kit you out right."

Beware of DA BEARS

"No, he fights on foot, or at least that's how he usually goes." the lavish man replied. "He used to have a funny title, Henah the Barbarian... something like that. He's a big fella, never goes without eating."

Da Arena

A man of few (or no) words, Jason's entry into the arena was understood by all. Stepping into the arena, his foe, a lanky mage clad in green watched Jason as he prepared for battle.

"Far out man, let's see your stuff."

[spoiler=Jason beats up a hippie]

Dillon 30/30
1x5 @ 62 hit, 3 crit
Jason 30/30
1x6 @ 100 hit, 9 crit
19, 88, 47 Dillon hits (Jason 25/30)
52, 57, 19 Jason hits (Dillon 24/30)
93, 3, 41 Jason hits (Dillon 18/30)
9, 70, 7 Dillon hits (Jason 20/30)
45, 46, 74 Dillon hits (Jason 15/30)
95, 93, 94 Jason hits (Dillon 12/30)
82, 6, 74 Jason hits (Dillon 6/30)
26, 37, 28 Dillon hits (Jason 10/30)
1, 51, 95 Dillon hits (Jason 5/30)
"Dude... totally bogus, man..."
30, 19, 48 Jason hits (Dillon falls)
Jason gains 21 XP!
Jason gains 9 Anima WEXP!
Jason's Fire tome breaks!
Jason has defeated Dillon!

The glory and coin now his, Jason had defeated the first opponent! Who will face the next in the afternoon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wanting to really spend any time in a huge city, Fred trundles off towards the farm, wanting to get back to his roots, and do some honest-to-goodness, real, hard work. It'd been way too long since he'd dug a good farming trench!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Farmer Ted

Fred's venture took him to the outskirts of the capital, the country boy finding himself more at home in the fields. An older man, clad in overalls and a straw hat welcomes him, passing him a shovel.

"Hello there, youngster." he chirps, patting Fred on the shoulder. "You look like a fine strong man, probably heard the word that I need a hand? You're welcome to help as much as you like! The fields don't be diggin' themselves, mind you! You seem like you come from good stock, kinda reminds me of my nephew! I'll give a nice three hundred for the morning! Do a good job and I'll have work as long as you want it!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Boy, howdy!" Fred takes the shovel with a smile. "Yer gonna get yerself the best diggin' that's ever been done by someone other'n yerself, sir! Sit tight'n just watch!" Fred smiles, and happily begins digging. Ah, returning to your roots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A kindred spirit

"I be lookin' forward to seeing them holes you be making. I got a good feeling about you, son." Farmer Ted laughed, returning to the farmhouse. "It's mighty good for your arms too, helps a young fella like you get nice and strong."

Fred gains 10XP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex briefly puffed her cheeks, "Hey now, I'm stronger than I look! Ain't my fault all these weapons are made fer some six feet tall fellas." Alex crossed her arms. "I'll keep it in mind I guess, thanks. I'll come back later."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I see." Risa nodded, glad that she wouldn't have to be worried about getting mauled by a bear. "Well, I'll see what I can about him." With that, Risa left the seller to his own affairs, and made her way into the arena's stands. Maybe it'd be better to see what she was up against before trying for herself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex eventually made way to the arena. Part of her wanted to vent off by beating someone up. That'll show people for calling her tiny!

By the entrance, she found out a match was about to start, and decided it might be nice to watch somebody else go at it first. At the stands, she found a familiar face. "Oh, hey there, Risa!" She waved, taking a seat next to the girl, "Didn't think you'd be into fights fer show like this. You thinkin' of tryin' it too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...