Support conversation text in FE7 not loading

nightgale

I am modding my Fire Emblem 7 game for an enhanced experienced. I added a few difficult maps as well as 4 new characters to recruit. Otherwise, the game remains pretty much the same.

Because of the added characters, I had to rejigger some of the supports conversations. This is where I am having problems. I have noticed that certain support conversations (the textual part) will not load during battle. Basically the characters trigger the support, the support successfully increases in rank; however, the text is missing entirely.

I noticed this happening with several character such as Sain and Kent's support, which I didn't think I touched. I also confirmed that Lyn and Kent's support triggered normally as well as Lyn and Florina.

At this point, I am not sure what the problem is or where it is happening. I am wondering if anyone ran into a similar issue and could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

I was never quite able to find the cause of this problem, but I was able to fix it.

In order to fix it, I started again with a clean ROM of Fire Emblem 7 and repeated all the same steps to build the game back to the same point. The only difference is that the support conversations magically started working again. I suppose I will take it.