slurpysloth

Hi! I'm new to Serenes Forest, and this is My first thread (or whatever it's called) on a forum. So If I look like I don't know what I'm doing, chances are, I don't know what I'm doing. Oh, and here are some sprites I made. Feel free to leave your feedback.

-Edit- I redid the return on the princess.

post-13994-0-20876000-1423853146_thumb.gif

post-13994-0-87371500-1423853171_thumb.gif

post-13994-0-21390800-1423951201_thumb.gif

Edited by slurpysloth

Holy shit.

Those animations.

Holy.

Shit.

Also, I'd recommend using a image hosting site instead of the forum attachment.

That way we don't have to click to enlarge/see it.

Imgur.com is reliable source.

Edit:

Is the first one a dancer using sword by any chance?

Edited by Fateborn

These are awesome.

1. I like the first one, though the return needs some work but still pretty cool.

2. The second is good too. I don't know why, but I like the weapon swap in all kind of classes.

3.- It reminds me a lot to that skill in FE10... great.

Regards.

They're all really flashy and cool but they don't make sense physics/momentum-wise and look awkward imo

Tell that to Warrior bow crit.

Tell that to Swordmaster line

Tell that to Hero Crit.

The point is, it looks too plain if it's realisitic. It's fine to blob reality within a game, just look at GTA, do you honestly think someone can be sent flying only by a bat swing?

As long as it's within Human possibilities, these animations are fine. (Yes, Humans irl can actually do these, they just need life-long training. Look at Bruce Lee for goodness sake.)

Edit: I didn't make sense did I?

Edited by Fateborn

Nice work Slurpy... Aside from what things others have mentioned, the Rogue's arm holding the spear seems a little short on comparison to his other arm... May want to lengthen that by two pixels at least.

...as to the animations themselves, I would disagree somewhat with AthenaWyrm... He has a point that animations should still have good physics... But to my eye these seem OK going by GBA Fire Emblem/Anime physics.

Good stuff... Look forward to seeing more! :)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

I think what Ath is referencing is this (red bad, makes no sense | blue better option, where the dots are depends on your framerate).

fSxx3.png

Pretty good start though, Slurpy, nice to see these animations from you and welcome to the boards!

Tell that to Warrior bow crit.

Tell that to Swordmaster line

Tell that to Hero Crit.

The point is, it looks too plain if it's realisitic. It's fine to blob reality within a game, just look at GTA, do you honestly think someone can be sent flying only by a bat swing?

As long as it's within Human possibilities, these animations are fine. (Yes, Humans irl can actually do these, they just need life-long training. Look at Bruce Lee for goodness sake.)

Edit: I didn't make sense did I?

No, what I'm talking about is completely different from swordmaster/warrior/hero crits

Look at Lenh's image. I don't care who you are or what you're trying to do, but you need to learn that people don't maintain the same momentum the whole way during an aerial maneuver, nor do they abruptly alter their direction without meeting any significant form of resistance. It looks jerky, unnatural, and unbelievable. The animation lacks proper understanding of the foundations of physics, which EVERY official battle sprite draws from in one form or another and gives them the proper feeling of flow and rhythm, so don't gimme any of your sass please.

Edited by AthenaWyrm

Slurpy there are plenty of free easy-to-use image hosting sites that would make it much easier for other people to see. I recommend imgur.

This newest one looks pretty good except I'm pretty sure you have more than sixteen colors.