Force's Jugdral: a blind FE4/5 Screenshot LP

lonelyVoxel

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good question?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a rather questionable question...
    • OBJECTION!!!
    • Should I answer this question with a question?
  2. 2. How should I refer to Sigurd's son?

• Seliph
    • Serlis
    • Celice
    • Other spelling
  3. 3. Should I stop keeping track of re-move activations?

• Yes
    • No

Welcome, chicos, to my blind run of the Jugdral FE games! I plan to do them chronologically. The first section will be the first generation of FE4, starting at the Prologue and ending at Chapter 5. Then, Thracia in its entirety will be played though, with the rest of Genealogy following that. Please do not spoil anything that happens in these games, as my intention is to play them with minimal help. However, gameplay mechanics that are important to understanding how the game works that I may not know are welcomed to be explained.

Progress: Thracia Ch. 5 complete

[spoiler=Gen 1 pairings]Midayle X Adean
Lex X Ayra
Azel X Raquesis
Alec X Sylvia
Beowulf X Ferry
Levin X Tiltyu
Jamke X Briggid

Click here for navigable archive of updates

[spoiler=Original text]My goal right now is to play through every single FE game, and I've decided to go to 1-5 to start that. I need some motivation to get these done. So, I'm going to do an Lp. I've touched most of these games a little, but otherwise I have no knowledge unless you count FE11. I hope to have a really derpy time with this. Send me off on the road to nowhere!

Edited by Forceman

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now FE1 and FE4G1/FE5/FE4G2 are tied for the lead, and screenshot has a huge lead over video. If I don't get any new votes by 2:00PM EST on February 16 I will go with the latter of the games in the lead.

I voted for the second because i would love good fe4 and 5 screenshot LPs but I have only found one good one of each. Also, i want to see/hear about how you react to fe4's twist and fe5's difficulty, and despite 3 playthroughs, i have not done all of FE4's pairings, so i always like to hear how new ones work out.

"Only answer this if you picked Single or Either" you can't not answer a question

that being said I wouldn't do an LP of all the games, esp without knowing what you're getting yourself into

I should have made that clearer, but what I meant is that you should not have cast a vote in Question 3 if you answered "Single." Same thing with Q2 and "Package."

I'm probably not going to LP every single FE game 1-5. I feel like 3 has enough LPs anf 2 is something I like doing for myself, so the first is the only other candidate.

Genealogy G1/Thracia/Genealogy G2 won out. I will start playing today. Raw gameplay footage will be found on my YouTube channel, also named Forceman, and the screenshots with commentary will be on this thread.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, February 18, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, February 18, 2015 - No reason given

[spoiler=Ignore plz]

None other than Nintendo! Dang, I expected Sega.

Some stuff happened. Whee Japan for making me feel even more blind.

Ooh, can we use those?

I like that they say "New Record" rather than "New Game."

Whee, backstory! And I can read it this time!

Yay more backstory

OLD MAN POWER

MORE OLD MAN POWER

OLD MAN POWER INTENSIFIES

I don't think anyone who isn't an old man can be an enemy. He's probably chill.

If he had OLD MAN POWER maybe he could do something about it.

That joke was ancient before it was told.

ANYWAY

OH NOEZ

The grinding of Issach

Welp, that stinks.

Good idea.

Absolutely no problem taking every single duchy's army to one place and leaving minimal soldiers behind. Nope.

Looks like they have OLD MAN POWER. They should be there and back before the enemy can do anything... right?

Yep, we're good.

LOLNOPE. OLD MAN POWER. We shan't pass now, unfortunately.

Good job guys. I suppose this is why we have war rules and the like today.

Who wouldn't be?

Hands off Sigurd's girl!

Sounds really boring. Fate, man. Like. BO. RING.

Wait what about that Claud guy

PROROGUE STAHT

Get rekt

This would already be my FE4 OTP if I didn't have to make every pairing straight... Don't want a shitton of filler chars, now do we?

Meanwhile...

He's not Roy, so he should be able to take a few bandits.

Dude it's fine

Whatever. I suspect Turban there is FE5's Hardin. Benching you so you can't screw things up for this continent.

Ok, maybe you're alright...

This is THE Oifey? As in, Seth archetype Oifey?

Oh Ok. He'll be coming in later I assume.

That's a horrible idea. You're not even our strategist, don't tell me what to do!

Shu'up Turban.

Now that's just mean. HIS FACE THOUGH

Welp, I guess someone's gotta do it. We're off!

Let's-a go!

Next time: Actual gameplay!

EDIT: Oh gosh. Didn't realize you'd have to open all those images in separate tabs to see them full size. I will fix that Asap. Is it possible to get images from Dropbox to display on a post instead of the download link?

EDIT 2: This post is going to have to be split up into 2 parts. File size is a derp...

Edited by Forceman

That's a dangerous tool, put that down.

I don't think this is a spoiler but I just find this comment funny based on his type of magic.

This would already be my FE4 OTP if I didn't have to make every pairing straight... Don't want a shitton of filler chars, now do we?

I'm not sure if this was serious or just a joke on Midir's appearance and gender.

-

In other news, FE4 let's plays are nice. Play it, have fun, don't look back, let it possess your soul and consume your FE thoughts-- I mean, just have fun! <3

I replayed this game for the first time in years and I don't know what happened to me but fff please enjoy this game like no other! I promise it's fantasssstic!

I don't think this is a spoiler but I just find this comment funny based on his type of magic.

I found out a few turns in, don't worry!

I'm not sure if this was serious or just a joke on Midir's appearance and gender.

I ship way too much yuri, man.

In other news, FE4 let's plays are nice. Play it, have fun, don't look back, let it possess your soul and consume your FE thoughts-- I mean, just have fun! <3

I replayed this game for the first time in years and I don't know what happened to me but fff please enjoy this game like no other! I promise it's fantasssstic!

A good FE4/5 run, brought to you by Sanic!

Meanwhile I'm having trouble successfully embedding images in my posts. Please hold tight until I can get them in. Once I figure it out, I plan to push out new stuff every day or two, hopefully daily.

Hola chicos, and welcome to Force's Jugdral.

[spoiler=Backstory, brought to you by...]Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

None other than Nintendo! I'm getting sponsored by Sega here, get that logo out of here!

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

Some stuff happened. Whee Japan for making me feel even more blind.

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

Ooh, can I use those?

I like that they say "New Record" rather than "New Game."

I was gonna show the timeline but I don't wanna eat a ton of space.

OLD MAN POWER

MORE OLD MAN POWER

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

If he had OLD MAN POWER maybe he could do something about it.

That joke was ancient before it was told.

. . .

ANYWAY

OH NOEZ

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

The grinding of Issach

Now why would we do that?

Absolutely no problem taking every single duchy's army to one place and leaving minimal soldiers behind. Nope.

Looks like they have OLD MAN POWER. They should be there and back before the enemy can do anything... right?

Leems segit.

LOLNOPE. OLD MAN POWER. We shan't pass now, unfortunately.

Good job guys. I suppose this is why we have war rules and the like today, but you don't put super weak peeps in your castle even if you trust your allies.

Who wouldn't be?

Hands off Sigurd's girl!

Wait what about that Claud guy

PROROGUE STAHT

Get rekt

Meanwhile...

He's not Roy, so he should be able to take a few bandits.

Dude it's fine. Swords>>>Axes.

This is THE Oifey? As in, Seth archetype Oifey?

Oh Ok. He'll be coming in later I assume.

That's a horrible idea. You're not even our strategist, don't tell me what to do!

Shu'up Turban.

Now that's just mean. HIS FACE THOUGH

Welp, I guess someone's gotta do it.

Let's-a go!

Next post, what you've been waiting for for way too long!

Edited by Forceman

Hola chicos, and welcome to Force's Jugdral.

[spoiler=We're doing something!]Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

Stats and stuffz

Noish chips, Alec kills.

Positions at end of Turn 1

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

Raw OLD MAN POWER displayed by Gandalf.

Never thought I'd see Gandalf and Joe DiMaggio in one place. This game is cool already!

You're about to get moshi moshi'd by Sigurd.

Needless to say, hide the women and children!

Love is a powerful thing. She will not be forced!

At first I read this as "I'm takin' her back to my wife." I was wondering what the heck he meant... Sigurd's girl don't like it. rock da casbah

Bottom box: Noa's thoughts on pre-FE7 Intelligent Systems

Dang it Joe, I need those moneys!

Foolish Brigand thinks he can lay a finger on Alec.

-500 gold from this village. It bothers me how it's unavoidable.

Turn 2 start, 2 more units get!

Suspicious Lex is suspicious.

Come on! I can't have one person from each army ruining my Otp!

In this game it seems you gotta haul ass to kick it. Sorry Arden.

Yeah, I'm chickening. Deal.

Da new guys

Chip from Lex

Canto is way too Op. Attack then visit or attack and equip different weapon? Yes please!

OLD MAN KNOWLEDGE. This man singlehandedly created the weapon triangle. He said and it was.

Oh, nice!

Seriously?

Welp. FE logic, Op logic.

Azel turns this Brigand into an Axe kebob.

Village secured by Sigurd

I dunno why, but I took screens of the boss stats here.

Alec offs the Fighter who went after him last EP

Arden and Noish chip another Fighter.

Positions at the end of the turn.

~3 Fighters gang up on Alec. 2 hit, to the grave with him. Restarting from save at start of Turn 2.

Death count: Alec (1)

Anticlimactic, I know. I spent way too much time figuring this all out, but now I should be able to put up consistent updates. Until later, Force out.

Edited by Forceman

Safe to say this will be the longest LP on the entirety of SF... A long game with another long game as the interquel

We'll have to see about that. Longer Lp means more Bs and shenanigans! Especially when you have Jugdral. Join this wild ride, why don't you?

I like the formating. The image size is just right (big enough to read, but small enough to fit two in a line, which i like, because i feel that it is easier to read.) However, i don't want to hear details of every failure. Just the bare facts will do. (and maybe a reset counter to keep things in perspective). This is pretty standard LP practice. This also has the advantage of having to write shorter updates and decreasing risk of burnout (both of you and the readers). Otherwise, you're doing great. Keep it up. Word of warning: keep multiple saves, It is possible (it not very likely) to get into a position where someone not dieing would require major rigging. THe game also has an auto save option to make your life easier.

Edited by sirmola

I like the formating. The image size is just right (big enough to read, but small enough to fit two in a line, which i like, because i feel that it is easier to read.) However, i don't want to hear details of every failure. Just the bare facts will do. (and maybe a reset counter to keep things in perspective). This is pretty standard LP practice. This also has the advantage of having to write shorter updates and decreasing risk of burnout (both of you and the readers). Otherwise, you're doing great. Keep it up.

Didn't realize Alec died until I was towards the end of the set of screenies I took. Ah well. I like the size of the screenshots emulators take as well, they're just the right size as you said.

In general topic new, I'm hoping to (finally) get through the Prologue tomorrow and bite into Chapter 1.

Edited by Forceman

Didn't realize Alec died until I was towards the end of the set of screenies I took. Ah well. I like the size of the screenshots emulators take as well, they're just the right size as you said.

In general topic new, I'm hoping to (finally) get through the Prologue tomorrow and bite into Chapter 1.

Oh. As long as you Don't show us all 50+ of your fe5 deaths, it's fine.

Aditionaly, id love to hear what you think about the stats/combat potential of new characters.

Oh. As long as you Don't show us all 50+ of your fe5 deaths, it's fine.

Aditionaly, id love to hear what you think about the stats/combat potential of new characters.

I'll likely post screenies to prove that they actually died.

You'll be hearing a lot, rest assured.

Not updating today since I managed to lose half a post and I haven't gotten much sleep lately. I'll work on getting the update tomorrow, it'll be up by 12:00MST or so.

I found out a few turns in, don't worry!

I ship way too much yuri, man.

A good FE4/5 run, brought to you by Sanic!

Meanwhile I'm having trouble successfully embedding images in my posts. Please hold tight until I can get them in. Once I figure it out, I plan to push out new stuff every day or two, hopefully daily.

This is why I wasn't sure if you hadn't realized Midir is a guy. So in all your luck, you can pair them!

Ahhh, I like Alec too much to let him die. Then again, I'm one of those people who resets when even characters I will never use die. Restarting is good.

Edited by Tellius Defender

Oh man. This will be fun. And by fun "looooong." On you, I mean. For us, we get screenshots and summaries.

It'll be interesting what pairings you do and how you work them, assuming you don't know the most optimal pairings. Or your take on certain characters.

I will be reading.

This is why I wasn't sure if you hadn't realized Midir is a guy. So in all your luck, you can pair them!

Ahhh, I like Alec too much to let him die. Then again, I'm one of those people who resets when even characters I will never use die. Restarting is good.

*flips table*

WhatisthisIdonteven\

should we tell him about the secret hero axe at the very least?

Nah, thanks.

Oh man. This will be fun. And by fun "looooong." On you, I mean. For us, we get screenshots and summaries.

It'll be interesting what pairings you do and how you work them, assuming you don't know the most optimal pairings. Or your take on certain characters.

I will be reading.

I'm damaging my santy for you guys! =)

I know not any pairings except for one that happened before the game even started.

Speaking of pairings, chicos, it's time for you to pair your eyes to the screen and read this update!

[spoiler=Government sponsored bandits are a thing?]Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

Take 2 from Turn 2

Sigurd doubles the Brigand destroying the village, then Noish crits a Fighter to death. You were supposed to chip that one!

Spell animations are so cool in this game. Azel doubles off this guy with ease.

End of Turn 2. I'm leaving all villages unvisited until I figure out how I want to divide up the gold.

>misses fairly accurate arrow

>gets hit by enemy with WTD

Meh, he killed it.

Look upon that Fighter's hitrate. I feel bad for the poor guy, even Prologue enemies shouldn't be totally incapable.

We have Azel, but he can't heal! Potential waifu for someone get(?)

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

It's FE4, so I'll pair her with Sigur- WHAT

She... she didn't just call Quan dear?

I don't know whether I like Cuan or Quan better...

Dialogue end. Blue here needs some development, what's his deal?

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

FRESH BLOOD. Looks like Ethlyn and Quan are married... =/

With that 16 STR, it looks like Quan's gonna be a real force. Finn's looking on the meh side to me, though being mounted basically means a trip to at least lategame based on FE4 map size. Ethlyn will certainly be useful, but I really wish her staff rank was higher.

Quan and Finn get right to work on the Hunter.

This is gonna be Ethlyn's main job for now, with the occasional kill steal.

One last look at the 1% Hand Axe Fighter. Sucks to be him!

Azel continues to absolutely wreck any and all unsuspecting Fighters in his range.

Turn 3 ends like this, Arden not moving intentional.

Bit worried about Lex here, he took a Hand Axe to the face before this hit.

A couple attacks from Fighters this Ep, not gonna show everything.

Dern Brigands! That's a loss of 500 Gold each turn they wreck a part of the village.

I forgot that to double you had to have a certain skill, so Finn gets the kill here.

Azel Op!

Noish kills off one last Fighter, resulting in this formation for EP4.

This was the only thing that happened on that Enemy turn, aside from village looting.

Churches are cool.

Finn and Ethlyn tag team a Fighter, the other way around this time.

Azel gets the first level of this run from a Hand Axe Fighter Sigurd chipped. He got MHP, MAG, and RES. Just so you know, level up stats don't stay for long, unlike GBA level ups. After this I spam F12 for each level up. The first time I do that, I delete the unimportant ones and mess up the screenshot order because of that... Thanks Obama!

End of Turn 5, blah blah blah.

Either the EP was boring or I just stopped taking so many screenies

Finn gets some TLC

Azel and Sigurd convo, this dude is Arvis's bro? Red hair... fire magic...

I DON'T THINK ARVIS IS ACTUALLY THAT CHILL O_O

Nuh-uh. Not chill at all.

Finn levels by finishing off a Fighter, I think he was of the Hand Axe variety. [Lv. 2, MHP:33 Str: 9, Mgc: 0, Skl: 8, Spd: 10, Luk: 9, Def: 7, Res: 0]

I had about 20 screens of this level, and while I was still playing I deleted a lot of them, resulting other things to be mixed in with it. I may neglect to show some things because of this error.

Sigurd and Lex's convo is basically a formal "I'm here because this guy's here so I may as well, as I said before, kick some ass."

Noish got a level somewhere, only got HP from it.

Level from Ethlyn with nothing she needs... [Lv. 2, MHP: 28, Str: 5, Mgc: 8, Skl: 12, Spd: 12, Luk: 8, Def: 4, Res: 6]

It's at this point I figure out how to see a unit's Holy Blood. Looking like Quan and Sigurd have the right blood for their weapon types. If the circle isn't flashing, does that mean they can't actually use the weapon?

For whatever reason, Finn decided to become a dodgetank and avoid not one, but two 85% Axe attacks! He proceeded to double both Fighters who dared face him.

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

Whilst protecting villages, Sigurd nabs a great level! Keep it up!

Chip level by Alec, MHP, LUK, and DEF. [Lv. 3, MHP: 33, Str: 9, Mgc: 0, Skl: 9, Spd: 10, Luk: 5, Def: 8, Res: 0]

Here's a Finn level that doesn't kill my organization! Only DEF, though...

Moshi moshi, Quan desu!

Upholding the bro pact!

"Hey, where's Lex?"

"He's racing Arden to the castle. Must've given him a head start."

Da crew marches to the castle!

These three don't move, which I wish I knew earlier. I might've saved that village a bit more trouble that way.

I think I have the hang of this now. [Lv. 4, MHP: 34, Str: 9, Mgc: 0, Skl: 10, Spd: 10, Luk: 5, Def: 8, Res: 0]

ARDEN SO STRONK [Lv. 4, MHP: 37, Str: 14, Mgc: 0, Skl: 5, Spd: 4, Luk: 3, Def: 13, Res: 0]

ETHLYN GOTTA GO SO FAST [Lv. 3, MHP: 29, Str: 5, Mgc: 8, Skl: 12, Spd: 13, Luk: 9, Def: 4, Res: 7]

Rude! Arden smash rude man!

MOSHI MOSHI

AZEL DESU

I didn't even realize Azel was in range to attack Joltin' Joe.

Dammit Azel [Lv. 3, MHP: 32, Str: 0, Mgc: 11, Skl: 8, Spd: 9, Luk: 2, Def: 2, Res: 7]

Aww yeah!

Is Midayle really a dude? *cue dramatic music for next scene*

LF Sigurd's gurl, have you seen?

OLD MAN POWER will be tough to take this gal back from...

Mission accomplished!

Next time: What's the other castle for?

Geez, that was a long post.

Edited by Forceman

Multiple level up pictures are rather unwieldy, especialy given that some characters often get 5 pr more stats per level up. You could just write out what stats you got, or do what the LP of fe5 on the LP archive does:

[Lv. 11, Str: 8, Mgc: 0, Skl: 7, Spd: 13, Luk: 9, Def: 4, Bld: 16]

where bolding represents the new stat after a +1.

Also, i have some questions and nonspecific hints about missables:

Also, should we tell you about the bad bugs (which are minor enough that you might not realise that they are bugs, but can still negatively effect your experience.)?

Also, is it okay if we tell you about missables after you miss them?

Additionaly, fair warning: there are times where the game hints at you to do something that you have not done anything like before. Just do what you think the game might mean.

Lastly, be sure to read every conversation available. Check the character list screen after every castle.

Edited by sirmola

Multiple level up pictures ar rater unwieldy, especialy given that some characters often get 5 pr more stats per level up. You could just write out what stats you got, or do what the LP of fe5 on the LP archive does:

where bolding represents the new stat after a +1.

Also, should we tell you about the bad bugs (which are minor enough that you might not realise that they are bugs, but can still negatively effect your experience.)?

I'll try that, as long as I can remember which stats were obtained.

Only if they make something unfair, break something, or are serious enough sit can mess up things. I do know about the running out of RNs thing.

I do know about the running out of RNs thing.

that's half of what i meant. Also, you want to actualy reset the emulated console at least once in each generation. This prevents a possible hang up and fixes a few other minor things.

Edited by sirmola

that's half of what i meant. Also, you want to actualy reset the emulated console at least once in each generation. This prevents a possible hang up and fixes a few other minor things.

I reset my emulator after Alec died. Will that fix things?