Force's Jugdral: a blind FE4/5 Screenshot LP

lonelyVoxel

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good question?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a rather questionable question...
    • OBJECTION!!!
    • Should I answer this question with a question?
  2. 2. How should I refer to Sigurd's son?

• Seliph
    • Serlis
    • Celice
    • Other spelling
  3. 3. Should I stop keeping track of re-move activations?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, your Leaf got lucky there. If this textbox pops up after gaining an level, that means that you actually got +1 movement. Nice one.

Also, Leaf's star is indeed a Movement Star.

Edited by BrightBow

Wow, your Leaf got lucky there. If this textbox pops up after gaining an level, that means that you actually got +1 movement. Nice one.

Also, Leaf's star is indeed a Movement Star.

Ooh, nice! Thanks for that info.

Speaking of info, muchachos, you can now inform yourselves of what happened for me in Ch. 2. Gather 'round!

Roxy.OS: Watch out for that axe!

You did a good job noticing the difference in movement between Ronan and Tanya. Yeah, Male Bow Fighters have for some reason one more movement then female ones but that difference disappears once they promote.

Fortunately, enemy archers usually don't have that advantage since actual Archers are an enemy only class with only 5 movement.

Edited by BrightBow

Keeping the first chapter boss alive doesn't make a difference. Definitely throws people for a loop.

I was a bit worried you'd miss the Pugi axe, which is as ridonculous as it looks, but I forgot he mentions Othin.

Also, never caught the reference to Lex's brave axe in Havan's convo before.

Penultimately (I can't believe I just used that), if you count Eliwood mode chapter 11 as chapter 1, Dorcas and Bartre are chapter 1 axe users.

And lastly, that palette in chapter 2 looks awesome.

You did a good job noticing the difference in movement between Ronan and Tanya. Yeah, Male Bow Fighters have for some reason one more movement then female ones but that difference disappears once they promote.

Fortunately, enemy archers usually don't have that advantage since actual Archers are an enemy only class with only 5 movement.

That's really strange. Those three move stars on Ronan, though.

Keeping the first chapter boss alive doesn't make a difference. Definitely throws people for a loop.

I see. Would be nice if there was something a little different at least in the aftermath.

I was a bit worried you'd miss the Pugi axe, which is as ridonculous as it looks, but I forgot he mentions Othin.

I was really wondering what Pugi was after watching the intro. Then I saw it. Holy crap!

Also, never caught the reference to Lex's brave axe in Havan's convo before.

I did look the FE4 Brave Axe convo up. That's pretty odd.

Penultimately (I can't believe I just used that), if you count Eliwood mode chapter 11 as chapter 1, Dorcas and Bartre are chapter 1 axe users.

And Hector, in his respective first chapter. Those sort of work, as well as Johan and Johalva if we're counting units that are in the first chapters of their respective stories.

And lastly, that palette in chapter 2 looks awesome.

Thank you! The challenge is to make the ugliest one, however.

Responses in bold.

This took much longer than I would have liked. I can't believe how many reinforcements the game is throwing at me already. Anyway, muchachos, it's finally time to gather 'round for Force's Jugdral.

Roxy.OS: If I must.

Oops. Forgot to reply to the first 2 updates of this.

Well....

Anyways, good job so far, you seem to be understanding things pretty well! Which is good.

So good job so far.

• 3 weeks later...

i was just reading the first chapter and

Fire%2BEmblem%2B4%2B-%2BGenealogy%2Bof%2

OLD MAN KNOWLEDGE. This man singlehandedly created the weapon triangle. He said and it was.

i almost choked my own laughter

Oops. Forgot to reply to the first 2 updates of this.

Well....

Anyways, good job so far, you seem to be understanding things pretty well! Which is good.

So good job so far.

My only fear right now is catching too many enemies.

I think you got that locked with the chapter 1 palette.

The one I actually used, or the one Roxy prevented me from using?

i was just reading the first chapter and

i almost choked my own laughter

You're welcome!

Long breaks are fun, no? The first reason I stopped working on this was because I was feeling burnout from Ch. 3 and all its reinforcements. Secondly, I was beta testing Sun God's Wrath, which took a lot of my time as well. For the time being, the second has let up until public release. Unfortunately, I'm going to be on the road in about six hours which will go until Saturday, which is fully booked for me with Irl stuff. Hopefully once the school year starts I can find time to do this regularly with schoolwork as a priority. Please gather 'round, muchachos, for the latest installment.

Roxy.OS: So done right now.

I think it might be a good idea to explain a few hidden modificators that were at play here because I think they are rather important and I don't see how one could realistically figure this out by themselves. But I guess I better use a spoiler tag, in case you want to deduce them on your own.

The main reason that Tanya dodged better then Lifis was because she gets a Support Bonus from Othin (and Dagdar but he apparently wasn't in range). They increase Hit, Avoid, Crit and Crit Evade. So that's one more reason to pay attention to the character's relationships.

There is also a hidden stat, usually called the "Pursuit Critical Coefficient". Every character has a PCC between 0 and 5. This value multiplies the unit's critical hit chance on the second hit. So yeah, the PCC is very powerful and very useful.

Edited by BrightBow

The one I actually used, or the one Roxy prevented me from using?

The one Roxy prevented you from using. I quite liked the other one. The one for this chapter is also rather bad, if that's any consolation.

I think it might be a good idea to explain a few hidden modificators that were at play here because I think they are rather important and I don't see how one could realistically figure this out by themselves But I guess I better use a spoiler tag, in case you want to deduce them on your own.

The main reason that Tanya dodged better then Lifis was because she gets a Support Bonus from Othin (and Dagdar but he apparently wasn't in range). They increase Hit, Avoid, Crit and Crit Evade. So that's one more reason to pay attention to the character's relationships.

There is also a hidden stat, usually called the "Pursuit Critical Coefficient". Every character has a PCC between 0 and 5. This value multiplies the unit's critical hit chance on the second hit. So yeah, the PCC is very powerful and very useful.

To add on to the PCC thing, I believe the first hit crit rate caps at 40, barring wrath crits.

Right, also something very major has changed about heal staves.

NM you know.

(SF wouldn't let me post the pic)

Chips ahoy!

Chips ahoy?

How do you embed the links in text?

Edited by bottlegnomes

I think it might be a good idea to explain a few hidden modificators that were at play here because I think they are rather important and I don't see how one could realistically figure this out by themselves. But I guess I better use a spoiler tag, in case you want to deduce them on your own.

Right, supports still aren't obvious. I guess it makes sense since she comes with Dagedar and Marty. I just thought it was all that speed. =P

I remember seeing that number when poking around the Thracia page, but didn't understand that. That's kinda odd they'd do that.

The one Roxy prevented you from using. I quite liked the other one. The one for this chapter is also rather bad, if that's any consolation.

To add on to the PCC thing, I believe the first hit crit rate caps at 40, barring wrath crits.

Right, also something very major has changed about heal staves.

NM you know.

Chips ahoy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFeaedv3Uc

How do you embed the links in text?

Roxy.OS: To quote myself: "Let's not kill the eyes of the viewers."

The fact crit isn't desplayed in battle and I can't deduce which number is crit on unit status screen and can't always remember which one it is pre-battle info doesn't help. Staff misses are no bueno.

For the links in text, it's the same for both Drive and SF. Type some text, highlight it, then click the mini-chain. Paste the link in, and there you go!

I see you're now getting used to how much a pain in the ass Thracia can be. You start/beat chapter 4 already or just doing the ones you've posted?

Yep. I spoiled myself on Ch. 4 by watching a stream, but haven't actually delved into it. Starting Sunday I'll at least try Ch. 4, but school starts that week and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not dead!

Roxy.OS: *yet

I've changed my style between the last update and this one. Previously I documented every single engagement, but I've started to become more selective with what I put in. In any case, this update is worth reading for a good roast by Roxy. Gather 'round. muchachos.

Roxy.OS: Roasted Force sounds good, actually.

Gonna be honest, I don't get the joke about Fergus's stats and being a gentleman. Also, yay, this is back!

Also, also, I just realized something

Force is going to experience the glory of Wind God Ced/Sety/whatever it is in these, and then have to go through Gen 2 knowing what he missed out on :(: As for "not Tiltyu," you'll learn to fear her.

• 2 weeks later...

Iiiiiiiiii get it now.

It's truly a thing of beauty. Why don't we have an emphatic nodding smiley?

Roxy.OS: He is truly dashing

Would be nice to have that.

I found myself in a really tumultuous week, which just so happened to make the throw time I was going to work on the LP out the window. I need to catch up on some schoolwork, so I may not end up creating an update for a while. At this point I have Chapters 4x, 5, and 6 screenshotted. I'm just hoping I don't create a huge-ass backlog like I did in FE4 at this point. Other games have been distracting as well, such as my FE7 randomizer run, FE9, and Rocket League. I'd like this to become a regular thing, though. I'm shooting for once a week, but I really don't know if I can keep myself to a schedule for anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to use today to work on the LP. I'd likely be churning out 4x and 5 right now, but for whatever reason Drive doesn't want to let me edit anything on any of my accounts, and Word isn't an option at the moment. As such, I have no idea how I'd be able to get out an update. This LP has been delayed way too much as it is now, and since I've actually set aside some time I'm really bummed I can't make this happen.

• 8 months later...

Safe to say this will be the longest LP on the entirety of SF... A long game with another long game as the interquel

If I ever finish this LP, this will be truth. Considering it's been a year and a half since I began and I'm not even halfway done, we're in for a long one. I've started back on this LP, and by now I have completed two new updates. I also just discovered a partially finished, unpublished update, Chapter 4x. This update and the next won't be the best ever since I worked with age old screenshots, but hopefully my new style is more engaging. Updates should be much, much more concise now. Without further ado, muchachos, Force's Jugdral returns! I hope to update twice a week, but once a week seems more likely at the moment. We'll see how it goes.

Roxy.OS: I got bored not being able to rip on Force's silly mistakes.

Last update before I head on vacation. I have two others that I plan to put out while I'm away if I can make that happen on my phone. If not, I'll keep them in the backlog and continue to release regularly. I'm thinking Tuesdays and Saturdays from here on out if that's possible, though with activities I have scheduled and getting out for GO, I may have to cut back. We'll see, muchachos. Now, gather 'round for Force's Jugdral!

Roxy.OS: Don't worry too much, Forcey. We got this.

I'm surprised that someone would go straight for the kill instead of at least trying to capture the poor kid or something like that.

Are you talking about Finn? If so that whole ordeal was just a terrible decision I wanted to try but deeply regretted. Thanks for staying with this by the way!

For whatever reason I thought I said Thursday and Sunday. I'm a bit forgetful, muchachos! Anyway, gather 'round and we'll establish a schedule somehow.

Roxy.OS: Hard drives never forget, even beyond the recycle bin.