Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

There was an older thread for general EO, but it seems to be dead so here's a new one.

Anyway, just a thread to discuss anything EO-related in here. Such as, what games have you played and which ones did you like the best. Oh, and what you guys think of the new EO games that are coming out.

I've only played EO4 and EO:U myself, and I'm stuck on the post game boss for EO:U. That thing sucks, whatever it was again. It's been so long I've forgotten what it even is. I think EO4 is still my favorite, though.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in picking up EO3, but I haven't been able to find a used copy in my local GameStops. Maybe I'll get lucky, and if not I'll just look at amazon for some good deals.

Anyway, I hope EO:U II will be released in the U.S. sometime soon, it looks interesting (and I'll probably start with story mode this time, curse you EO:U) and that means I won't have to try to hunt down a copy of EO2. But I am interested in a new EO universe that's not a remake (or the MD crossover).

Another EO thread weee. I've only played 1, 2, 3, 4 and Millenium Waifu. Pretty much all of the ones released here. I'm looking forward to Etrian Mystery Dungeon because rogue likes are fun(thanks Pokemon), looking forward to Lagaardian Waifu because I gave up on looking for a physical copy of 2. EO5 hype.

Oh, EO4 is my favorite because of accesability.

Edited by Emeraldfox

What's your favorite class in EO4? I'm pretty sure you can guess mine, but I'm also fond of the landsknecht (even if I'm not fond of the spelling), the rune master, and the medic.

I have in fact just started 3, on eclipse's advice... and now I'm trapped in a forest and a fucking mountain lion just ate Johanna.

Mapping everything takes some getting used to. 'eh it paints itself that's good enough right' certainly got me into some... fun times, while retracing all of my steps because i'd marked fuck-all of the walls down.

Liking it so far.

What's your favorite class in EO4? I'm pretty sure you can guess mine, but I'm also fond of the landsknecht (even if I'm not fond of the spelling), the rune master, and the medic.

Is it the Bushi class. I bet I'm right(kidding). Imperials are neat, they got that huge burst damage going for them. Fortress is my favorite EO4 class. Well, all of tank classes(Protector(EO1-2) and Hoplite(EO3)) are my favorites really. Although my favorite portraits are the orange Gunner from EO2 and the glasses Medic from EO4.

You'll love B2F, Furret. Also, grind a bit so no one will get their throats ripped out.

Is it the Bushi class. I bet I'm right(kidding). Imperials are neat, they got that huge burst damage going for them. Fortress is my favorite EO4 class. Well, all of tank classes(Protector(EO1-2) and Hoplite(EO3)) are my favorites really. Although my favorite portraits are the orange Gunner from EO2 and the glasses Medic from EO4.

You'll love B2F, Furret. Also, grind a bit so no one will get their throats ripped out.

I loved the tank classes in 1-3 and untold, but my fortress in EO4 wasn't that great, IMO. I haven't done EO4 postgame, however (I tried fighting the fire dragon...the searing breath is weaker than it used to be, but I think I need to invest in fire rune or something because it's still very powerful). TBH I think my party wasn't very well constructed in EO4.

EDIT-Parrhesia, I hope you like EO3 as IMO it's the best in the series so far.

Edited by Severlan

I have in fact just started 3, on eclipse's advice... and now I'm trapped in a forest and a fucking mountain lion just ate Johanna.

Mapping everything takes some getting used to. 'eh it paints itself that's good enough right' certainly got me into some... fun times, while retracing all of my steps because i'd marked fuck-all of the walls down.

Liking it so far.

Ah yes the Great Linx. Good times.

My fave EeeOh is still 2. Blonde male Protector looks too swag.

Oh man, Etrian Odyssey, I went through an obsession last year that is still somewhat lingering. I've played I and II to completion, and II is by far my favourite, and likewise my favourite OST, having listened to them all. Right now I'm trying to get into III, but I seem to have enjoyed II far more. It just seems that there is too much customization in III that can get a bit overwhelming when II is basic but to the point. I haven't played IV yet as I've been playing III at a slow-medium pace, but I'm sure IV will be right up my alley and the OST for Untold sounds amazing.

I'm not too sure how to feel about Untold II though, like of course I'll import it or get it if it's released, but story mode just looks too frolicy and annoying for me to enjoy the story. Not to mention the OST is kind of meh in comparison to the original. Definitely getting the Mystery Dungeon game in April though, I already preordered it. In terms of V, there's not enough information for me to judge yet, or at least the last time I was gawking around, and Persona Q is out of the question as I am definitely not a fan of that series.

My favourite pieces would definitely be "Cherry Tree Grove" and "Vast Lands Expanding to the North", although "End of Raging Waves", "Ecstasy" and "Shiver" are my favourite battle pieces.

Edited by Maji

NOT THE MOLES!

I've played part of 1, I generally like it although I wasn't expecting such a difficulty spike between floors. The map feature's kinda cool though.

When's EO:U 2?

That giant bird from EO3 and GIratina abomination(the FOE from bonus dungeon IIRC) still gave me horror

What do you mean by the EO3 giant bird? Meregho Saeno? The first sea battle or something? I didn't do much sailing at first, so by the time I fought it I was overpowered. The first sea battle that gave me some trouble was the ghost ship.

Edited by Severlan

What do you mean by the EO3 giant bird? Meregho Saeno? The first sea battle or something? I didn't do much sailing at first, so by the time I fought it I was overpowered. The first sea battle that gave me some trouble was the ghost ship.

A generic enemy that only shows up during night on Floor 2

That shit is literally the most difficult part of the game for me, thanks to my ridiculous playstyle(not moving on next floor until every single part of the floor is explored and mapped, clean up all FOE in every floor at least once)

MC is broken what is new

Classic Mode is where its at, unless they somehow make EO:U Dark Hunter/Hexer/Mage/Falcon Punch part 2 for EO:U2, in which case its still broken as fuck

Edited by JSND

EOU2 has DLC bosses? I'm curious.

Also, I will always call it Lagaardian Waifu. No exceptions. I think the actual subtitle is Knight of Fenrir or something.