Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

Finally, people are here. So as I wanted to say, I've grown attached to the story dudes in EOU2. But I won't get EOU2 until a bit later. My classic mode team will be...

Protector

Ronin

War Magus

Gunner

Medic

Redundant healing but who cares.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if it's really a good idea to have a Ronin, but eh...while your Ronin will probably die a lot, though the rest will probably never die.

Oh god, the Alchemist sounds like such an headache. xD

However, my knowledge on how to spend points in EO games is pretty bad. I like unlocking most abilities (though some of the Medic's abilities aren't that useful, so I didn't spend points on them) which means that I don't tend to fully max skills, which is what I've done in Achlys' case. Most of her Hexes are at level 2/3, though the Stoning, the Corrupt, the Leden and the Deceit curses are at level 5. I don't know what skills Hexers can get in EOUII, but I will try and use the Hexer class and the Protector Classes more efficiently

Ah, there's the problem, you must waste too many precious SP, EO is simply not that kind of game, not even when the game is generous enough to unlock the first level of each skills, like in EOU. :/

Curse Mastery, Stoning Curse, Evil Eye are great. Everything else => nope.

Though Sapping and Frailty curse are nice to have, they don't deserve the SP.

But maybe that's just me. :/

I dunno if it's really a good idea to have a Ronin, but eh...while your Ronin will probably die a lot, though the rest will probably never die.

Funny thing is I had that exact party in the original, only this time shield grimores will be a thing. I'll give one to my Ronin of course, and another thing...

Protector is there. Protector will protect everyone.

Oh god, the Alchemist sounds like such an headache. xD

Ah, there's the problem, you must waste too many precious SP, EO is simply not that kind of game, not even when the game is generous enough to unlock the first level of each skills, like in EOU. :/

Curse Mastery, Stoning Curse, Evil Eye are great. Everything else => nope.

Though Sapping and Frailty curse are nice to have, they don't deserve the SP.

But maybe that's just me. :/

Bolded- My Hexer died more often than my Ronin when I was playing. And my Ronin only died twice? And it survived the Brutal Bonus Boss (The Flower Lady Thing, whose name I cannot remember and therefore has caused me to pluck random words out of thin air) whereas my Protector and my Hexer bit the dust (the Medic was petrified as well... And got petrified at the beginning of the battle... It was a train wreck of a fight)

Yeah, I thought so. I think I've learnt that the Relapse and the Revenge curses suck, so I'm not going to try and get them. Evil Eye, on the other hand, is incredible (especially when paired with the suicide and the conflict words). Curse Mastery is useful. I'll have to try the other Curses to see which ones I like and which ones that I dislike (and I'll probably veer towards the Binding Curses.) And the Fratility curse can be useful, especially for Magic Damage (and I like using Alchemists and Runemasters...) Exploting elemental weaknesses is good... :)

I don't know if I can survive without Revive.

Will probably play through story mode, and deal with whatever is thrown at me. For Classic, I'd need to compare Alchemist/Gunner to everything else, and decide from there!

War Magus now have a revive skill. It revives at the start of the turn and as you level it up there's a chance that a revive will happen at the end of the turn(provided that the WM didn't die that turn).

One of my teams for classic mode that I'm thinking about is

Landsknecht/Ronin/Landsknecht

Medic/Beast.

The two Landsknechts fueling the Ronin's Perfect Chase with 100% double strike and doing respectable damage with level 20 fencer.

Medic will have buff and debuff grimoires, healing the beast with chase heal and probably throwing some keep guards on the beast to increase it's tanking capabilities.

Beast tanks. I'll probably sneak a gun grimoire on it because the image of a wolf carrying a gun in it's mouth is too humorous to pass up.

Perfect chase probably sucks though. Oh well.

War Magus now have a revive skill. It revives at the start of the turn and as you level it up there's a chance that a revive will happen at the end of the turn(provided that the WM didn't die that turn).

One of my teams for classic mode that I'm thinking about is

Landsknecht/Ronin/Landsknecht

Medic/Beast.

The two Landsknechts fueling the Ronin's Perfect Chase with 100% double strike and doing respectable damage with level 20 fencer.

Medic will have buff and debuff grimoires, healing the beast with chase heal and probably throwing some keep guards on the beast to increase it's tanking capabilities.

Beast tanks. I'll probably sneak a gun grimoire on it because the image of a wolf carrying a gun in it's mouth is too humorous to pass up.

Perfect chase probably sucks though. Oh well.

That interests me greatly. What other skills do the War Magnuses Have?

War Magus have two trees to go through. A War Lore tree and a War Edge tree.

In the War Lore Tree:

The healing skills all activate at the beginning of the turn, and activate again at the end of the turn. They have a single target, line and party variations of that heal. They have single target buffs for attack and defense that become more powerful according to the level of their War Lore Mastery skill. Revive is a thing for them and they also have a skill that will transfer binds and aliments from an ally to an enemy as well as a skill that can cause a random status aliment. The rate of having the aliment stick onto the enemy isn't that great though. They also have a skill that acts like prevent order, but only works for the turn that it's used and doesn't take up a buff slot. And there is a skill that passively heals an ally after they do an action; this one takes up a buff slot and another that heals the ally after they attack an enemy; this one takes a debuff slot on the enemy.

In the War Edge Tree:

These skills are all single target and do cut damage, and their bonus effect will only work it the enemy has a status aliment or the War Magus is in force boost. The skills are an attack and defense debuff that last for seven turns(nine turns at level 10), three skills for a head, arm and leg bind a skill that's similar to the Nightseeker's Shadow Bite and a passive that heals your line when you strike an enemy with an aliment(I don't think force boosting procs this skill).

Their force boost allows them to use their War Edge skills to their full potential without the enemy needing a status aliment for three turns and their force break heals all allies, recovers aliments and prevents aliments and debuffs from hitting the party.

The War Magus are pretty versatile and have a lot of cool skills. They work best with a Sword Dark Hunter, Hexer or a Survivalist(They can inflict blind, sleep and paralysis now), but keep in mind that they are very slow in EO2U now. They are actually the slowest class in the game.

Edited by Guy in a Chair Man

I have EO2:U now. Yay.

So did I. While waiting for my rice to cook (last time I went on the forums while the rice was cooking, I left it on the stove for an hour too long):

- started the game

- got the free DLC

- chose a hilariously inappropriate name for the main character (hint: I named EO:U's Highlander Kain)

- finished the first story mission

- managed to spend all of my money

Loving Story Mode right now~!

EDIT: Went to Gamestop on a whim, and picked up my pre-order. . .they didn't even message me. . .

Edited by eclipse

My GameStop didn't message me either, but that could be because I'd changed my phone number recently and it wasn't updated to my current number. I'm still sort of playing Fates, so I actually didn't get as much EO done, but I did get the first mission completed! Now I'm stuck on the second floor, argh.

I know Rothene asked this when EMD came out earlier this year, so can I ask....

Can any of you name your units Fantasia (If it fits in the character limit. If not, call me Ace instead) so that I can play the game in spirit? :3:

Please?? :)

I'd do it, but I'll probably do story because I'm super lame. Should have my game tomorrow.EDIT-I can probably name the fafner knight Fantasia. I will if I can.

Thank you!! :D :D

I've been mostly playing story mode but I did mess around with the other classes through reclassing in the demo. First thing to note, all classes in the game are strong in there own ways.

Whip Dark Hunter's Ecstasy no longer have that error where zero binds did more damage than one bind. So now you have to work for the binds to make Ecstasy do crazy damage. Sword Dark Hunter is actually viable now and I think they're better than whip because you don't have to triple bind enemies.

Hexer's force boost pretty much lets them land aliments and binds on enemies reliably and the new enemy codex lets us see what aliments enemies are resistant/weak to. There's also a passive that helps increase landing aliments and binds that's available to classes(it's like HP up).

Alchemist aren't as stupid because Action Boost is now the Gunner's force boost and can't be transferred via grimoires. I also think that the torrents were nerfed.

You can Beast instead of Protector or slap Protector grimoires to your party(Provided your party isn't full of squishes).

Alchemist's power was mostly on that extra power on weakness or something like that actually. That skill was insanely strong, I used it on my Hexer back in EOU and it trivialized final bosses for everything that isn't using the proper Protector skills. Good to know Torrents are nerfed though

How about Viper and Boosted Viper? They were insane

And speaking of bugs is the grimoire stacking bug fixed?

Analysis is now Alchemist's force skill rather than a buff. Analysis helped making Alchemists crazy but I personally think that the combination of action boost and the high power of torrents made the Alchemist crazy good.

You don't have to worry about boosted Viper anymore because Boost is replaced by the Force mechanic(and I think it's 1000 times better). Level 10 Viper does 300 damage and Level 20 Viper does 500 damage. There's also a food that doubles poison damage but boss HP scales really high(First stratum boss has 8220 HP but can be reduced to ~5000) so it's not super broken. Most bosses are weak or neutral to poison now

Skills can now go up to level 20(or 10 if it's original max was 5) with grimoire linking so it's not really a bug now.

About DLC: I just got my copy and most of the interesting looking DLC is listed as "expired." Did I miss it because it was only available for the first few days, or is it really that it hasn't been released yet?

Should have googled first.

Edited by Severian

I did have a Hexer in my main party, and it did have a couple of useful moves (Evil Eye and the Hex that lowered defences), but on the whole I just used her to physically attack the enemy (As I didn't find the other hexes useful- I prefer buffs to debuffs- nor reliable- I can count on one hand how many times a Hex worked on the enemy). Same with the Protector really (and my Protector MISSED HALF THE DAMN TIME). On the other hand, the Ronin, the Medic and the Alchemist were constantly useful, and all three carried the party through the game.

Again, I like buffing. Dancers buff units. This pleases me greatly. Raising attack, raising defence... Heck, they have a move that increases Battle EXP, and another move that replenishes MP... :D Though the Fantasia moves are slightly underwhelming... I prefer my elemental moves to be immediate. Plus- Dancers in EOIV (I know it isn't an Untold Game, but...) are a whole shade of bada**...

Princesses are in the game!! Oh hell yeah! :D I haven't played EOIII (as the game never came out in my country) but I heard that the're very useful. That's it- I'm recruiting a princess, and naming her Melia. :D

Ok, I thought the War Magnus would be like the Red Mage... Ugh, apart from Binds, I don't find Status Ailments useful.... Decisions, decisions...

Dang it- I work best using the "Kill before getting killed" strategy.... I don't get tanking or shutdowning bosses... I guess EOUII is gonna be my "Sink or Swim" game...? So, the Protector is a must...and possibly the Beast class (though the class doesn't really appeal to me...)

Ok, no Revenge curse. I didn't use it anyway- I never let my Hexer's HP get that low...

Be sure to name your Ronin Dunban, the Warmagus using SWORDS Shulk and maybe throw in Reyn as Protector. Name your furball of a beast Rikki and have the gunner be called Sharla with heal bullets maxed out. Melia needs to get all those elemental buffs asap for flavour.