Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

Thanks for the advice people. Definitely have an idea on what setup I want to do now. One last question. How important are buffs in this game?

IMO the best buff in the game is the prince/princess's prevent order. Blocks one bad status effect. Only effects one line. Prince probably has the best buffs in the game. Attack, guard and rally order are also useful. Shogun has a fair number of buffs as well, but I don't know them as well. There are a few buffs that only effect the user, such as charge (gladiator) and etheric charge (zodiac). These are quite powerful.

EDIT-New suggestion for story mode offense options early-game. Kill one of those pterodactyl looking enemies with ice attacks to get its conditional drop. Sell the conditional drop at the shop. Equip the ice-element sword on fafnir. You can now have Arianna chase your fafnir's normal attacks when you need to do good damage, which is useful since his tp pool is rather pathetic early game.

Edited by Severian

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone!

I still say that Akihiko got screwed up bad. They tried to make the chars ersonalities more extreme, but ended up changing soe instead and I didn't enjoy that at all

eh i guess. My only complaint is that the dungeons in persona q are wayyy to long and just get tedious after a while.

I am a super critical person. XD If I don't like your game very much, especially if its a game a lot of ppl like, I tend to get very vocal about it XD

I do reccomend everyone reads my little review a few posts up before deciding if the game sounds like their cup of tea. I look at it VERY negatively, but some consider it merely nitpicks and genuinely enjoyed it. Take it as you will.

So I finished story mode in EO2U. Enjoyed it a lot more than EOU's. Pretty much all bosses ended up being Fafnir domination but the last few caught me off guard. Now I'm off to post-game or maybe I'll play more of classic.

So, I decided to retire my old Gladiator, into a G/S who use Berserker Vow then Warrior Might, (with my Shogun/Bucca using Fore Honor then attack), and holy crap, it's honestly disheartening to see how good it is. --'

Edited by B.Leu

So I finished story mode in EO2U. Enjoyed it a lot more than EOU's. Pretty much all bosses ended up being Fafnir domination but the last few caught me off guard. Now I'm off to post-game or maybe I'll play more of classic.

Now I know where your avatar is from!

Congratulations~!

In contrast, I finally hit the second stratum boss. I've been stopping to smell the roses, and it's paid off somewhat. . .

. . .actually, I just want more food.

Just beaten EO3 'final' boss.

They leave the town and the job to me and their buddy Olympia and Kujura. Talk about a lack of responsibilities.

It's even worse for the King, the dude is apparently still a robot, but geez, he reign over a town of robots. He created a town, a race, that is fully devoted to him, and he just leave it behind.

Gutrune just have Kujura and the old crone. Poor Kujura.

All of that because they 'aren't human', but I though that the porcelain thingy cured them ? Freakin incestuous slackers They're all slackers. I always have to do the job. :p

Incidentally, Olympia still hate my butt, and she's all sad, I can still see her and enjoy her protrait though.

It's also interesting that the Prince/Princess class have the same eyes as the Abyssal King when he's angry. Does that mean the the class have Yggdrasil DNA somewhere ?

Now just have to do the bonus dungeons and defeat recuring-hentai-element-san, though I doubt I could defeat him even with lv70 characters, so I'll probably beat the dragons first.

I'm not leaving the town, Ô honorable NPCs stop reaching the fourth wall... --

Edited by B.Leu

Tried to do the wyrm, I just got recked, probably not strong enough.

Also, the heck are those kids ? Hiiragi and Agamede ? And why are they half naked ? xD

F*ck, the B21 btw, Slippery tiles, how nice. :p

I usually like them, but...

I never noticed that about the Prince/ss class. Interesting....

I know right ? Even stranger, it takes him being angry to see them, but in the Prince/Princess's case, they always have it like that.

Edited by B.Leu

Arachne was a giant pain in the ass, but she's gone. The FOEs on the 11th floor are equally annoying, and I fully intend on bullrushing through them in protest.

My team can handle it, as long as Bertrand spams Ice Wall.

It pleases me to see that even with a WM setup, the Red dragon fight was hard as hell.

Maybe because I play like crap, but who care ?

Or maybe because the Wyrm's pattern is somewhat random, so I end up screwing myself. >_>

Edited by B.Leu

EO3 brings back memories. it was my first EO and I enjoyed it. I ended up using so much "in game cheats" because Im burned out of the game though

Why do wyrm first when you can do dragon

Edited by JSND

I guess Goldy Dragon is the easiest then ? Well shoot.
No matter, I ended up defeating Goldy, I just love how much EO screw you over just by being unlucky. *w*

Lol Wealh. the game doesn't even give you the choice to tell her to go to hell, despite her being obviously full of BS, and me being that badass. Eh, I bet she's going to survive in EO3U. F*cking mary-sue.

I also love how every dragonslayer do as if they were hot stuff in the first place, despite being hilariously weak.

Yeah even if the BK is stupidly OP its kinda dumb

dont think shes gonna survive though. The entirety of her character is "hey remember that old character whos dead in other games? See how simmilar she is? Yeah shes going to die!"

Edited by JSND

Yeah even if the BK is stupidly OP its kinda dumb

dont think shes gonna survive though. The entirety of her character is "hey remember that old character whos dead in other games? See how simmilar she is? Yeah shes going to die!"

That blue dragon is such a troll, I actually like it. :p

It's fairly obvious, she look just like him, except that he is such a bro, and she's a twat, also... (spoiler for EO2U)

He apparently survive in Untold 2, Hence, 'I bet she's going to survive in EO3U', dunno for classic mode, the wiki doesn't tell thtat.

I'm not sure how to feel about those change to be honest.

Edited by B.Leu

Oh actually I kinda wondered

When was the Drake > Wyrm > Dragon relation is first done? I first played EO3 which was Drake > Wyrm > Dragon, but when I tried EOU, its Wyrm > Drake > Dragon

Im reffering to their power ranks btw

So, I decided to retire my old Gladiator, into a G/S who use Berserker Vow then Warrior Might, (with my Shogun/Bucca using Fore Honor then attack), and holy crap, it's honestly disheartening to see how good it is. --'

Cool. I'm pretty sure that some ppl use to shogun buccaneers XD

Defeated the Ice Dragon, according to that girl, it make me a true dragonslayer. Personally, I think it just make me a competent warrior.

Finally got the Dragonbane, which have 8 slot. And I need 3 dragon scale for each forging. Yay...

When was the Drake > Wyrm > Dragon relation is first done? I first played EO3 which was Drake > Wyrm > Dragon, but when I tried EOU, its Wyrm > Drake > Dragon

Im reffering to their power ranks btw

I always thought it was Fire => Thunder => Ice because of EO4, though they seem to be more or less of equal power.

Any tips for grinding up to level 99 ?

Edited by B.Leu

Defeated the Ice Dragon, according to that girl, it make me a true dragonslayer. Personally, I think it just make me a competent warrior.

Finally got the Dragonbane, which have 8 slot. And I need 3 dragon scale for each forging. Yay...

I always thought it was Fire => Thunder => Ice because of EO4, though they seem to be more or less of equal power.

Any tips for grinding up to level 99?

Kill things and do quests, I presume?

Kill things and do quests, I presume?

Or, more specifically. . .

See the number of scales you need in order to forge that sword? Start hunting those dragons! Waiting around for two weeks kinda sucks, though.

On an Untold 2 note. . .

Hit 15F, and it looks like I have to get rid of that duo in the manner that I suspected. . .which is stupid IMO.

Then again, my strategy for getting rid of the later FOEs was "leave them in a pool of their own blood", so meh.

Well, I don't have many quest to do... There's those sea quest to do and redo but they don't give much.

Hunting those dragons, oh man, it's going to be painful, because yeah, they're still hard.

Oh well, thanks for the tip, better start doing it now.

Edited by B.Leu