Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd originally wanted a gunner instead of Flavio the Second, but then I realized that Scapegoat is really good with my hunter. Would've done beast instead of Bertrand Again, but the shield walls are way too useful. My cafe is named Pineapple, after The Pineapple Room.

Just hit the third floor, and Turning Tide + Coffee is doing a fine job of keeping me alive. Still haven't bothered with the FOEs, and probably won't for a while.

EDIT: Hit the fifth floor~! Wound up mapping the entire fourth floor without needing to go back. Will probably take this time to muster up The Harvesters (three Survivalists and two Beasts who will gather like no one's business) and Squad The Second (that's Landy/War Magus/Sovereign/Gunner/Medic for various grimoires). Should've had The Harvesters sponge up the quest EXP.

Edited by eclipse

Etrian 2 in general was pretty mean about gathering ambushes. They'd spawn enemies from the final floor of the stratum and the 6th stratum had a chance to spawn two Dinogators. This made it incredibly annoying to finish the weapon compedium in EO2 if you were masochistic enough.

I don't think Dinogators were ever stronger than the post game boss, it's just that you could run into them unprepared in original Etrian 2. Running into an enemy with boss stats in a random encounter was nightmare inducing. As for EO2U... I'll keep that as a secret~

I don't think Dinogators were ever stronger than the post game boss, it's just that you could run into them unprepared in original Etrian 2. Running into an enemy with boss stats in a random encounter was nightmare inducing. As for EO2U... I'll keep that as a secret~

I guess it's pretty bad... I'm not looking forward to this...

Risk Perception FTW. Saved my ass when gathering more times than I care to think of.

So, my teams of three have reached the tenth floor. The Main Team is way underleveled (level 24), the Grimoire Guys need some more time (level 17), and The Harvesters are surprisingly effective at fighting (level 17). Thanks to the third team, I'm never in danger of running out of rare harvest materials. I still need to get more ingredients from the second stratum (the monster ones).

[spoiler=The Grimoire Guys strategy]I absolutely need a Prevent Order by the end of the third stratum, but a certain bitchy princess doesn't want to make it! She also needs to give me Link Order, Link Order II, Ad Nihilo, White Noble, and Morale Boost. Fortunately, Ad Nihilo and White Noble won't be relevant until the fifth stratum.

The other skills I'd like, in order:

Landy - Triple Charge, Double Attack. The sooner the better.

War Magus - War Revive, Barrier. Will need Barrier for the Scylla fight. Thought about Ailing Slash, but my Protector is too busy protecting people, and my Dark Hunter's TEC is awful. I may have to do a bit of rigging for Barrier, because that thing needs to be at max level for my strategies.

Gunner - Double Action, Penetrator, Cover Fire. No time frame on these. Not sure if Penetrator would work with non-gun skills, but I'm gonna find out! Would use Point Blank, but the only person on my team who'd abuse that is my Highlander, and he's got better things to do with his time.

Medic - Unbind, Refresh, Scavenge, Safe Passage. Safe Passage preferably by the fourth stratum, the rest as soon as possible. Would like the line Unbind for the Scylla fight, though.

Also need to improve the town a bit more, and hope that a wandering Fafnir will give me Freeze Saber. That way, my Dark Hunter can double as a one-shot elemental producer (with the Highlander mooching off of him thanks to Spear Assist).

[spoiler=Various strata ramblings and the main team]I can beat the cactus guys thanks to attrition, but I am NOT looking forward to it. Can't wait for the fourth stratum, so I can slap that wasp move on my Dark Hunter! I don't care if the poison damage itself is awful, it's better than nothing!

Penetrator does work on non-gun skills. I slapped it on Flavio during my Story mode run so I could have multi target aliments... kinda. The funny thing is that if you have Penetrator and a skill that pierces like Burst Shot or a Charged Element Shot, enemies in the back row take more damage.

I fought the 31F DLC boss and got it to half it's health. The fight was going pretty well until something I didn't anticipate happened. Then I died. The 30F fight seemed more intense though, maybe it's because I'm Level 99/99 as opposed to Level 97-99 with no retiring. Maybe I'll try fighting it without retiring one day.

Huh. Interesting, thanks!

Ideally, I'd have Penetrator on my Dark Hunter, for Drain Bite shenanigans.

Currently beating up FOEs on the second stratum, to gain a few more levels before the boss. Will need to think about how to take it out, though, due to ~reasons~.

The reason being that my party's AoE attacking consists of Highlander shooting everyone in the foot and maybe a Flank Shot.

EO2 Muckdiles made the dragons look like EO1 Muckdiles.

4the stratum spoilers:

Harupia killed my party with her crazy hit people randomly attack about 1 or two turns before I could kill her. If fear hadn't locked down my fafnir for two turns, akashic nova would have finished her.

I also failed to prep in terms of items, so I had no thericas and few amrita. [/spoiler.

Edited by Severian

Harpuia is squishier than Scylla.

I got around her by having Chloe use a maxed Barrier on turn 1, then applied Protect Order and made her life miserable with Arianna the Dark Hunter with Viper. She's also vulnerable to a well-built Flavio (who, I, uh, totally didn't turn into some sort of DPS machine, I swear).

My classic run hit the third stratum. The main party's doing a lot better now that I have Turning Tide for everyone.

[spoiler=Third stratum oh joy]Flame Demon went down thanks to my Highlander shooting everyone in the foot, Flank Shot, Ice Prelude, and a lot of Force Break abuse. Had to use the Protector's one on the second set of suicide minions, but it was worth it! I had more problems with the Fire Drake I accidentally ran into on the way to the boss!

Now I need to grab my anti-Scylla stuff. Maxed Barrier and Prevent Order is a must!

My brave team has hit the fifteenth floor! But I'm not going to go much beyond the stairs, yet, because they're woefully underleveled, and my grimoire team hasn't given me what I needed yet.

Instead. . .

It's FOE-killing time! The wolves hit hard, and it takes 3 force breaks to make it stop (Protector, Survivalist, Highlander, I like my damage output stop looking at me like that). The grimoire team accidentally ran into a gel, and after it popped, the only survivors were the Princess and the Medic. I need to kill the eyeball, because its tears are used in a recipe, and once I finish that one, I complete a quest. Not touching the sleeping dragons for a very long time!

I'll probably deal with Team Esbat by beating the crap out of Wilhelm, and then using the Protector's Force Break to keep myself alive.

My run sorta came to a halt. I'm waiting for a specific grimoire, and it's not dropping. Granted, the odds of it dropping are stupidly low, but I don't want to rely on ~shenanigans~ to beat the third stratum boss.

Otherwise, I'm on a FOE-killing spree, since my main team can somehow do it.

That grimoire being a high-level Barrier. Would like it to be max level, but the best I've done is 2, and THAT is insufficient.

You'd think that getting ONE grimoire wouldn't take so damn long! I'm thinking about finding someone with a decently-leveled Barrier QR code, and using that. The best I've gotten off of grimoires is 4.

Link Order, on the other hand. . .lajdsfl;ajflasjf

http://i.imgur.com/sf9ELRO.png This has a level 8 Barrier in it.

In other news I passed the 23F in classic, wanted to grab a conditional for my Ronin but my party isn't built to leg bind or slap any kind of aliment/bind. I'll have to make a Hexer later.

http://i.imgur.com/tr3UZMZ.png

For all your star rank combat grimoire needs, check out project valkyrie. Of course, level 8 in the prior post is probably enough.

Thanks you two!

I'm godly at getting the stupidest grimoires at high levels (I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A HIGH-LEVEL WAR LORE MASTERY, THANK YOU FOR SPAMMING THAT!), but Turquoise the War Magus simply refuses to drop a Barrier above level 4!

I'll save Project Valkyrie for Harpuia. I think I can get away with a level 8 Barrier and the leg bind resist meal.

The Party That Kills Stuff is level 36. Technically, I should be level 37-38, but I'll see whether or not that's necessary. I'm going to need to do some grinding on the fourth stratum for a quest, anyway. :P:

Finally defeated the Fire Dragon (Which I think is called the Wyrm?) in EOU:TMG!!! It was a bit of a tough fight, with everyone dying left, right and centre (bar my healer Jalen, who weathered the storm and revived everyone else several times). Sadly, Achlys (my Hexer) was still KO-d when the Wyrm was taken down, which meant that she didn't gain any juicy exp... :(

Finally defeated the Fire Dragon (Which I think is called the Wyrm?) in EOU:TMG!!! It was a bit of a tough fight, with everyone dying left, right and centre (bar my healer Jalen, who weathered the storm and revived everyone else several times). Sadly, Achlys (my Hexer) was still KO-d when the Wyrm was taken down, which meant that she didn't gain any juicy exp... :(

Good job. I couldn't even beat Alraune at level 70 (expert tho). Don't worry too much, you'll probably get better at beating the dragons as you get level caps unlocked, so it's no big deal if one character missed out this time.