Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

Yeah Burst Shot is THE Gunner move to get. With Point Blank milking all of Burst Shot's damage. The charged elements are there to use while Burst Shot's on cooldown.

Ailing slash's damage will probably drop down later on because it scales off both Strength and Tec and Dark Hunter's Tec is poop so Soul Liberate is still a good skill to keep.

I've hit 6th stratum with my Perfect Chase team. Perfect Chase was actually a lot better than I thought it would be and it made for a very fun playthrough except when I got ambushed by a billion shiny mandrakes. I'm unsure if I'm going to continue with this party. Might play up to the super boss but I also don't want to map 6th stratum again. I also want to play with the other classes in the game(I have 4 other classic files for the rest of the classes/combos that I want to use... Maybe I should stop playing this game).

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up EO2:U again after a really long hiatus, and I got past Ginnungagap and all the way to the beginning of the third stratum.

Also, just when I get used to EOU's grimoire system the newer grimoire system comes and confuses me. Oh well. I'll figure it out later.

(Playing on classic, btw)

(I have 4 other classic files for the rest of the classes/combos that I want to use... Maybe I should stop playing this game).

SLANDER AND LIES!

Went back to the story file, and am trying to map out as much as possible. I also went full idiot and started challenging FOEs.

As soon as I figure out how to kill an Asterius in three rounds, I'm going to kick the everliving daylights out of 27F.

Welcome to Floor 12 of EO2:U, otherwise known as Dead Ends The Game.

There's one legit ice puzzle, and the rest is mapping.

If you're really having trouble, go at night.

Good news: I figured out the ice tiles and mapped out the remaining floors.

Bad news: I can't get off F15. Where the hell is the staircase to F16?!

It is right behind the stratum boss.

If you are having trouble finding the boss, I assume you've made it to the large ice floor puzzle. I tried to give some help in a spoiler.

I don't remember the details of the puzzle right now, but your goal is an alcove in A4. From what I can see, you want to get down to the bottom of the area - like, around e5. Then, when you are in the bottom-left most point of the puzzle take one step east. Take two steps north, sliding across the ice. Then move one step west. You can proceed on your way.

I'm too lazy to figure out the foes exactly, but use sliding ice to kill non gels as you probably have been doing. I think a gel will block an eye - you might be able to fuck up the foe syncing by luring one and not the other.

Sorry if this post kinda sucks. On mobile so didn't edit it thar much.

Forgive for breaking in. But in EO3, what could be a good Forge combination for the Dragonbane ?

I discovered that nope, I can't give it Fire, Ice, and Elec forge, and that when I defeated the Fire Dragon with my Dragonbane with one fire forge, it didn't gave me the Fire Scale :p

It did however gave me the apparently conditional drop for the Sunblade, which isn't too shabby at all.

I suppose a ATK forge would be the best ?

Edited by B.Leu

I didn't bother with forging much, but I found a gamefaqs topic which seems useful:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981313-etrian-odyssey-iii-the-drowned-city/56604018

Here were some "highlights:"

-Warriors Might users should consider +acc. (maybe 9 smashes as well)

-Someone else says warrior's might should consider elements (see below).

-If you use normal attacks, elements are good. They will boost damage, but since resistance only seems to be applied in etrian odyssey when ALL components of an attack are met by an enemy's resistance, there's no drawback.

-There's diminishing returns after the first status addition to a weapon, so you pretty much won't get a very high chance to inflict the bad status.

-If you have the character using physical attack skills, attack is better than strength once you're past 20 str or so.

Also, it's worth saying that I'm pretty sure weapon elements don't apply to skills. So if you use a sword skill to kill an enemy, and the enemy needed to be killed with the element you had forged, you won't get the drop (unless the sword skill had that element itself).

Honestly, I don't think you should worry that much about forges, because I got through the game while almost completely ignoring 'em. Doesn't mean you shouldn't use 'em, just that it might not be that crucial for you.

First of all, thank you very much for you answer and the link, it help very much !

I just finished getting their additional drops, and the equipment that go with it, and yes indeed, Warrior Might work with the element forge. I just got the last conditional, and with it, Ukovasara, with 20 or so more ATK than Dragonbane, with 4 HP and 2 TP forge which is rather good.

I, too, ignored completely the forge system, until now, after all like Eclipse told me, I have three dragons to kill for leveling, thoses drop give me the most powerful weapon so far with 8 forge slot and that could give me but it is kinda grating that they gave us such powerful sword with lot of possible forge, but it can't do much. :/

I suppose that ACC and ATK would be good. If elemental works, I guess that stun would too, or does it count as a status effect ?

Eh, I could probably create three dragonbane, with 6 element and 2 ACC, that would make the farming easier. :p

I guess that stun would too, or does it count as a status effect ?

I'm pretty sure stun is a status effect. It's possible that certain enemies are weaker or resistant to stun (that is the case in EOU2, but I'm not much of an expert on stun in EO3), but I'm pretty sure that stun won't add damage to your attacks. FYI, I read that status effects get a +6% chance to hit for the first forge slot, then +3% after that.

Did you try checking the gfaqs f15 map when you were looking for it? For some reason, the guy who made it omitted the door entirely.

Yeah, I was looking at that map when I was trying to find the door. So I thought that you had to backtrack and find some other way to get to the staircase that was not connected to the rest of the floor. Gamefaqs trolled me in the most unintentional way.

I'm pretty sure stun is a status effect. It's possible that certain enemies are weaker or resistant to stun (that is the case in EOU2, but I'm not much of an expert on stun in EO3), but I'm pretty sure that stun won't add damage to your attacks. FYI, I read that status effects get a +6% chance to hit for the first forge slot, then +3% after that.

If I'm not too tired out of my mind, that means that a Dragonbane with 8 stun, have 27% of actually stuning the target. That's freaking unfair ! xD

I don't think Stun is particularly reliable, IMO. I'd rather have paralysis, which sticks around for a few turns.

I think mostly every bad status is better than curse though. Enemies typically don't do that much damage to themselves unless they're doing substantial damage to your own team, and they often don't hit as hard as you hit either.

Fear is probably pretty much the same as paralysis...except that there are a few hexer moves that trigger stuff with fear. Pretty sure monsters don't have TP so the TP drain when fear activates doesn't matter. I wonder if fear and paralysis "can't attack" results have differing rates of activation.

Goodnight 31F DLC boss, now Story mode is completely finished. I really like how they designed the superbosses in this game. They seem scary at first because of their high HP but the battle is designed so that you don't really notice the high HP. Then again if you cheese the fight the high HP is a big barrier for you to plan around. A big step up to EOU's superboss where that felt like a big HP sponge unless you cheese the fight in 3-5 turns.

I really hate being lost in the sixth stratum. But I blame my own lack of direction.

This might be the first EO where I actually Complete Everything, because I really like the cast. The sixth stratum cooking was hilarious, and all I'm missing is Great Dragon meat and the Yggdrasil teas.

So I've been playing the EO4 demo, and feel a bit curious for some other opinions because I'm planning on getting one of the games in the nearish future.

Between that and EOU, which do you think is the more favourable series entry point?

Man, Ginnungagap F5 is terrible. But at least I got through it. I think I was overleveled, both the final boss and Ginnungagap's boss battle felt disappointingly anticlimactic.

Oh well, onto the postgame.