Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

That's not anti-climatic. THAT IS AWESOME!

Who needs overkill when a single well-placed spear will do the trick?

You've also convinced me to check out Swap Step on Flavio, so thanks~!

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was anticlimactic in that I was all ready to go for a super powerful extra painful carefully set up attack … only for the guy to go "lolnope SIMPLE STAB" instead. Still, it was kinda funny :XD:

Ideas are great! Go for it!

Edited by Sunwoo

• 2 weeks later...

So I'd like to personally thank Boron for convincing me to invest actual $ into not one but two Etrian Oddysey games, EO 4 and EO Untold (today's eShop sale helped).

Stay tuned for thoughts, as I'm getting them on eShop tomorrow when i port everything over to my new 3DSXL

*Edit*

I'm spoiled on absolutely nothing aside from a couple of classes in the franchise so prepare to nosedive into a new dimension!

Edited by Elieson

So I'd like to personally thank Boron for convincing me to invest actual $ into not one but two Etrian Oddysey games, EO 4 and EO Untold (today's eShop sale helped).

Stay tuned for thoughts, as I'm getting them on eShop tomorrow when i port everything over to my new 3DSXL

*Edit*

I'm spoiled on absolutely nothing aside from a couple of classes in the franchise so prepare to nosedive into a new dimension!

Welcome to the fandom! I hope the FOEs don't get to you!

Oh, FOEs. . .they're avoidable, if you're patient. AND WELCOME TO OUR WORLD! I hope you enjoy both games, then pick up EO2U, which is a vast improvement from EOU!

F.O.E=F%cking Overpowered Enemy

This comment in a nutshell. I still remember that fight in EOU where my low levelled team went up against three FOEs at once (and one of them was a Shiny...) Won, but barely.

Oh, FOEs. . .they're avoidable, if you're patient. AND WELCOME TO OUR WORLD! I hope you enjoy both games, then pick up EO2U, which is a vast improvement from EOU!

But they are still as annoying as heck. And EOU2 still isn't out where I live... :( Lucky.

Hey irony, now that u changed ur name u ain't in my guild anymore. Oh well.

Awww, Dang it! :( To be fair though, it's another two and a half months before I can finally play this game. Soon I won't need to play in spirit?

Hi! This is my first time posting on this topic but I played EO4 and loved it, so I got EOU. I just beat Fenrir, explored Gladsheim and tried battling Coeurl feeling prepared but then it completely mopped the floor with my team. Does anyone have any tips or strategies that I could use to beat it?

Edited by Lopey

Hi! This is my first time posting on this topic but I played EO4 and loved it, so I got EOU. I just beat Fenrir, explored Gladsheim and tried battling Coeurl feeling prepared but then it completely mopped the floor with my team. Does anyone have any tips or strategies that I could use to beat it?

For me, it was the other way around. I got EOU and am now currently playing EO4.

On to your question: The Coeurl is a pretty tough contender on his own already, but he is even more annoying with the bird F.O.E.'s that are in the room with him. I suggest getting rid of these first before fighting the boss (Volt attacks work wonders against these guys). For the boss himself: Throw out Defender and Front/Rear Guard with Raquna every few turns and have your Highlander, Frederica and Arthur attack the boss with their skills (you could try binding his legs with Leg Snipe, I think that gets rid of his most powerful attacks, but I'm not so sure about that). Simon should be mainly there for healing and I just let him defend whenever there was nothing to do for him.

And I have a question of my own, concerning EO4: I just arrived at the 3rd land (the snowy one) and my party consists of a Nightseeker, a Fortress, a Dancer, a Medic and a Runemaster. Any suggestions on how to distribute skill points? Until now, I just tried to learn every ability, but I don't think that that's the most effective strategy.

Also, I heard that subclassing is a thing. Any suggestions for subclasses for my party? Help is greatly appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

It's great to see that EOV is almost finished.

Still sad that it'll be awhile before we get any more news on the game itself, but hey, this is at least something?

...on another note, I've really got to go back to EOIV. Right now I'm in the Third Land.

The Hollow Queen in the second labyrinth wasn't.... too difficult for me, but apparently she's one of the harder bosses in the main game?