Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Legit pro^ I don't think I would've beaten Etreant without immunize.

I remember relying heavily on a Samurai with overhead stance - midareba for the fight (and really, everything once the samurai was unlocked. Having one from the start is my favorite thing about Untold. EO1 Samurai is still my favorite, even with the "inconvenience" of having to spend a turn stancing).

I went through the first EO blind, without understanding the mechanics. I didn't even think about immunize on my medic, just straight heals. Without going on a message board, would anyone have ever really guessed it would have been so broken?

Needless to say, I didn't make it through stratum 6, and still haven't to this day. That also had a lot to do with needing a particular setup on the protector with only 5 in the elemental shields for the dragons.

I remember relying heavily on a Samurai with overhead stance - midareba for the fight (and really, everything once the samurai was unlocked. Having one from the start is my favorite thing about Untold. EO1 Samurai is still my favorite, even with the "inconvenience" of having to spend a turn stancing).

I went through the first EO blind, without understanding the mechanics. I didn't even think about immunize on my medic, just straight heals. Without going on a message board, would anyone have ever really guessed it would have been so broken?

Needless to say, I didn't make it through stratum 6, and still haven't to this day. That also had a lot to do with needing a particular setup on the protector with only 5 in the elemental shields for the dragons.

I didn't think immunize was broken, but I figured out it was good and used it on my own.

EDIT2-I didn't use a ronin in EOU but I did on classic in EOU2. It was pretty fun. Somehow having stance activation skills makes them cooler.

Edited by HELP

Who else loved the Opening Song of 2 Untold? I think it's a beautiful piece of music and catchy as well.

Now if I could only understand the lyrics...

I actually liked it too. I mostly like the action'y part of the song that plays around the time you see the fafnir fighting artelinde and, uh, gunner guy (die friescholtz?).

EDIT-I know there's a youtube song out there with the lyrics in japanese. If you copy them into google paste you will get, you know, the incomprehensible translation which you would expect google translation to make of a song.

Edited by HELP

I actually liked it too. I mostly like the action'y part of the song that plays around the time you see the fafnir fighting artelinde and, uh, gunner guy (die friescholtz?).

EDIT-I know there's a youtube song out there with the lyrics in japanese. If you copy them into google paste you will get, you know, the incomprehensible translation which you would expect google translation to make of a song.

German names apparently sound cool.

Der Freischütz is a German play and the old guy is based on that.

The fight against these two is actually not that hard. I'd consider it to be easier than the fight against Ren and Tlachtga (I think that's how you spell it) in the Millenium Girl. The boss right after is harder.

German names apparently sound cool.

Der Freischütz is a German play and the old guy is based on that.

The fight against these two is actually not that hard. I'd consider it to be easier than the fight against Ren and Tlachtga (I think that's how you spell it) in the Millenium Girl. The boss right after is harder.

I've never had trouble against Ren and Tlach in either.

I think artelinde and wilhelm are tougher, primarily because of their instant kill attack mechanics. If you know it's coming and plan against it, they're still easy.

EDIT-Not instant kill, but very heavy damage.

Edited by HELP

• 2 months later...

I guess this is kind of a Necro but I'm still curious

How does EO4's dual weapon system work with skills? I've got a L with Parry and subclass N with Follow Trace, and two swords equipped, but I'm not sure how attacks or skills are supposed to calculate damage. I think it just runs one instance of skill per usage, so if I use Sonic Raid, it'll strike twice, but with seperate damage calcs for each weapon, rather than a combined attack value, right?

Also, do the named characters that join you under their particular class (A, N, I), have any different stat growths or purpose other than being just pre-built?

-Could I assume that Squall Volley, when used with two bows, would fire like potentially 28 shots at Lv1-?

Edited by Elieson

I guess this is kind of a Necro but I'm still curious

How does EO4's dual weapon system work with skills? I've got a L with Parry and subclass N with Follow Trace, and two swords equipped, but I'm not sure how attacks or skills are supposed to calculate damage. I think it just runs one instance of skill per usage, so if I use Sonic Raid, it'll strike twice, but with seperate damage calcs for each weapon, rather than a combined attack value, right?

Also, do the named characters that join you under their particular class (A, N, I), have any different stat growths or purpose other than being just pre-built?

-Could I assume that Squall Volley, when used with two bows, would fire like potentially 28 shots at Lv1-?

The second weapon let's you use different skills pertaining to that weapon, like the shield. The Landsknecht has a passive skill that raises their defense when they're equipped with two weapons. You only attack once with the primary(the weapon on top) for regular attacks.

The named characters are the same as your own Arcanist, Bushi and Imperial you make.

Nah, just one set with one bow.

The second weapon let's you use different skills pertaining to that weapon, like the shield. The Landsknecht has a passive skill that raises their defense when they're equipped with two weapons. You only attack once with the primary(the weapon on top) for regular attacks.

The named characters are the same as your own Arcanist, Bushi and Imperial you make.

Nah, just one set with one bow.

Gotchya. I threw Auto-Trace on my L so he could double-hit with his two weapons, and Follow Trace i'm working on now to get mightier Sonic Raids etc.

They're just pre-built then. That's cool, kinda what I hoped for. I don't like the B's sprite all that much...a bit too bulky for my tastes.

Makes sense.

One last Q. What are the %s for Auto-Heal/Auto-Revive? I gave my D an M subclass and I max'd his AutoRevive, and my M's Auto-Revive. My M hasn't proc'd it yet though, while my dancer's done it 9 times, 4 times in the same battle (I know this because they were all on the Medic whelp).

One last Q. What are the %s for Auto-Heal/Auto-Revive? I gave my D an M subclass and I max'd his AutoRevive, and my M's Auto-Revive. My M hasn't proc'd it yet though, while my dancer's done it 9 times, 4 times in the same battle (I know this because they were all on the Medic whelp).

I refer you to

http://www.crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html

without knowing it is absolutely accurate.

From there:

-Auto Revive has a 25% trigger chance which does not improve upon leveling. Only the amount healed changes.

-Auto heal has a 30% trigger chance flat across skill level ups as well. Ally must fall below 30% of their HP.

I don't know how the game works out priority on revives. You'd like to think a higher level revive would proc first, and then two guys with auto revive would increase the chances of it triggering are both alive, I suppose. It's been so long and I stopped playing after killing two of the dragons (though I killed the third in the past couple months) and I know very little about EO4...

I don't see anything that would boost the dancer's rate above the medic's, but if the dancer is in a slot ahead of the medic, maybe her revive triggers before the medic's does...?

Maybe Emerald or someone knows more. I hate to refer people elsewhere but in the past there were usually people on gamefaqs from time to time who knew just about everything about the mechanics for a given Etrian.

Edited by HELP