Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

Welcome to EO4.

Things tend to heat up in the later strata, so don't rest on your laurels just yet!

This. Good luck with the bosses of the 2nd and 3rd Strata!! Especially...

Dat evil lizard thing at the end of the 3rd Labyrinth

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ice spikes are amazing, as you will find out in the third stratum

EO4 is my favorite of all the games I've played so far, so I definitely think it's going to be a fun journey :P:

EO4's second labyrinth isn't too bad, although you pretty much need a Sniper to deal with the boss.

The third labyrinth can eat a bag of dicks, however.

The second stratum wasn't "hard" so much as "I can't navigate lol". The third stratum was annoying because of its gimmick, but not too bad (other than those freaking turtles).

The fourth one, though? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --

I think the 5th labyrinth is my favorite because I recall thinking it wasn't so bad and increasingly becoming more and more aware at how it kept getting worse.

I think the 5th labyrinth is my favorite because I recall thinking it wasn't so bad and increasingly becoming more and more aware at how it kept getting worse.

I thought it was bad at first, then I learned to use the act first equivalent for AoE spams...and spend some (Easier) fights on Bloodsurge/Calm combo.

Welcome to EO4.

Things tend to heat up in the later strata, so don't rest on your laurels just yet!

More like welcome to EO. Seriously, all first bosses are always a pain in the ass.

Why, heeeeeeeello second stratum.

I though we could've be be friend, with your first miasma mini-dungeon who was fun, but the misty ravine is a pain with their shitton of ailment-giving ennemies. :/

Go iff youself Wufan, why u no become my waifu. :(

Also lol, the kid and Wufan who are in the dungeon in 'no problem' mode, where a full team of five badass get destroyed.

Still, the music is a cool as ever. I though I would miss the first mazes dungeon music, but no. Love the japanese feel.

Edited by B.Leu

More like welcome to EO. Seriously, all first bosses are always a pain in the ass.

First boss in EO2 was really easy for me. I had a hexer w/ level 10 poison curse, so that landed a few turns in and began dealing something like 700 HP to the boss each turn. Which is a lot of damage at that point in the game, IIRC.

Fenrir in the original EO wasn't that bad either.

Eh, don't remember much about EO1, and didn't touched EO2 that much.

It's been what, ten years or so since EO1 ? I dunno. I just remember that I don't like Fenrir.

Holy crap Wufan, you make every battle of B3F a cakewalk, it's amazing.

Best faceset ever too, so moe.

Edited by B.Leu

either i just sucked or i was really underleveled, but Kibagami was way more trouble than he should have been

died like, 5 times to him

eh at least he's been taken care of

now just need to grind the shit out of my part again for the stratum boss \.w./

either i just sucked or i was really underleveled, but Kibagami was way more trouble than he should have been

died like, 5 times to him

eh at least he's been taken care of

now just need to grind the shit out of my part again for the stratum boss \.w./

[spoiler=Stratum boss stuff]You need a clear route around the heated scales. And guts. Oh, and a lot of Ice Spikes. Mostly the Ice Spikes, to make life easier for you.

Edited by eclipse

Go iff yourself Hollow Queen with your slaves, your ice attacks and you freaking evasion, I need to grind now :(

That's when the binds are useful, alas, the only thing I have is Wufan, which is not that bad, and a Nightseeker with Throw equipped with a leg-binding/arm-binding Machete.

Second stratum is basically a tutorial for arcanists and how much ailments and binding is important when you think about it.

Need to farm some goldy sheepies. Because murdering animals is the best solution. :p

Also, Ice Rune lv3, Glacier Rune lv7 and Runic Flare lv6. It's freaking awesome especially for FOE.

Edited by B.Leu

I've noticed something a little odd about DOEs in Etrian Mystery. I haven't seen it happen for the deer DOE (DOE, a deer!), but I've seen it happen for the robot DOE in haunted woods and the ice pincer in [ice dungeon]. Sometimes, these monsters will take 1 dmg from everything for a few rounds. But eventually their defenses fall for one reason or another, and they start taking normal damage. Is it just a time based thing, or what?

Finally defeated Hollow Queen with only three character left, My heart was actually pounding with how much I was invested into it. That's what I expect when I play a good game. Awesome.

Okay, I already dislike you third stratum, you're annoying to navigate into and you're freaking linear, Plus, CAAAAAVE...

After Forest, jungle... Boring. Cave. Even the music is not that good compared to what I had just before. :mesad:

Well, the ennemies are not that hard so there is that.

Almost level 40 and still no suclasses. :o

I met some of those NPCs, and you got to explain me how the heck to they manage to drive a freaking airship alone. And I'm not even talking about the fighting. When I see that, I kind of want to do a solo run one day, eh.

Edited by B.Leu

Go iff yourself Hollow Queen with your slaves, your ice attacks and you freaking evasion, I need to grind now :(

That's when the binds are useful, alas, the only thing I have is Wufan, which is not that bad, and a Nightseeker with Throw equipped with a leg-binding/arm-binding Machete.

Second stratum is basically a tutorial for arcanists and how much ailments and binding is important when you think about it.

Need to farm some goldy sheepies. Because murdering animals is the best solution. :p

Also, Ice Rune lv3, Glacier Rune lv7 and Runic Flare lv6. It's freaking awesome especially for FOE.

The TP cost on that Glacier Rune must be hard to sustain for your level! Or at least I kept all my Runes as skill level 3 till the last stratum when I felt my Runemasters can afford spamming them each trip. Weakness of my setup has always been no one to auto attack so first tier spells were always used. @_@

So how does the Runemaster feel as nuker compared to good old fashion Alchemist?

Runemaster is just freaking badass !

My team is lv32/33 right now. Yup, definitly almost level 40.

My Runemaster build so far is this.

Ice Rune 5/6(7tp) => Ice Lance Rune 5/10 (11tp) => Glacier Rune 8/8 (25tp)

Volt Rune 1/6 (6tp) => Lightning Rune 7/10(11tp)

Plus Rune Flare 7/10. Sheesh, she's very minimalist actually. I probably going to take Galvanic Rune later on.

I take that it wasn't such a good idea to put all those point in Glacier Rune ? :p

Still awesome spell.

EDIT: Oh screw it, here my full team build so far.

Orange, Female, Fortress, Front

Ally Shield 3/6(3tp) => Line Shield (10tp)

Taunt 2/4 => Auto-Taunt 4/4

Iron Wall 8/10

Knight's Boon 6/6 => Holy Blessing 2/4 (Very useful that one)

Rampart 4/6(8tp)

Olivia, Female, Dancer, Front

Proficiency and Expertise. +2 turn for all dances is awesome.

Regen Waltz 1/10(6tp)

Counter Samba 3/8(4tp) => Chase Samba 1/8(8tp) => Trick Samba 3/8 (10tp)

Fan Dance 10:10 => Sword Dance 10/10

Ninja, Female, Nightseeker, Front.

Ice knife 4/10, Binding slice 2/10, Assassinate 3/8, Shadow Bite 3/8. I feel that this line is kind of a waste, I spend all the TPs I economised on it because I though it would make my fight against Hollow Queen easier.
It didn't, but since I won the fight in the end...

Sand Throw 6/6, Nerve 2/6, Sleep 2/6, Curse 2/6. All of that to have Venom Throw. And Sand Throw is awesome for now.

Shadow Cloak 2/4(8tp) => Auto-Cloak 6/6

Spread Throw 2/4, sometime it's very useful actually, still waiting for the Auto version.

Is Speed Boost worth it ? I know that the Dancer version is glitched but not this one apparently.

Pomme, Female, Medic, Back

Healing 9/10 => Line Heal 8/10 => Full Heal 2/5 => Party Heal 7/10

Refresh 6/6

Not proud of this one I got the impression that I could do or have much better.

I don't see the point of Revive. I have nectar for that. Well, there IS Auto-Revive later...

My Runemaster is called Sucre btw. French-word named harem ftw

Seriously, french words are awesome in a english game, they sound just right.

Edited by B.Leu

The second stratum wasn't "hard" so much as "I can't navigate lol". The third stratum was annoying because of its gimmick, but not too bad (other than those freaking turtles).

The fourth one, though? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --

The fourth one wasn't too bad imo, but I feel like I was probably overleveled by the time I even got to that point.

Fuck the fourth boss, though.

[spoiler=Stratum boss stuff]You need a clear route around the heated scales. And guts. Oh, and a lot of Ice Spikes. Mostly the Ice Spikes, to make life easier for you.

considering what this stratum is, stocking up on ice spikes is a number one priority .~.

Thanks for the advice though \.w./

I've noticed something a little odd about DOEs in Etrian Mystery. I haven't seen it happen for the deer DOE (DOE, a deer!), but I've seen it happen for the robot DOE in haunted woods and the ice pincer in [ice dungeon]. Sometimes, these monsters will take 1 dmg from everything for a few rounds. But eventually their defenses fall for one reason or another, and they start taking normal damage. Is it just a time based thing, or what?

ECLIPSE'S GUIDE ON HOW TO DAMAGE MOST DOE ENEMIES:

- Status effects will cause their shield to drop

- Small DOEs will drop their shield after one status effect is applied. Large DOEs require two.

"Status effects" encompass more things than what you'd usually expect in an EO game. Here's what counts:

- Poison, Confuse, etc.

- Binds

- A landy's links

I deal with DOEs by stacking the three elemental links, as most DOEs do not resist them. Two DOEs off the top of my head resist links. Of them, one is vulnerable to everything else (bind it and be proud), and the other one is best dealt with using Swift Stab (Landy rapier skill) or Ricochet (Gunner skill, best done in a room). The latter one resists EVERYTHING, and you'll know which one it is when you see it (hint: it's a small DOE).

The best party to go DOE hunting IMO will have a Hexer and Landy - you'll cover all three types of status effects.

EO4 or Untold

But if you do play EO4 or Untold the older games might throw you for a loop in terms of menuing and map creation but nothing too big.

Runemaster is just freaking badass !

My team is lv32/33 right now. Yup, definitly almost level 40.

My Runemaster build so far is this.

Ice Rune 5/6(7tp) => Ice Lance Rune 5/10 (11tp) => Glacier Rune 8/8 (25tp)

Volt Rune 1/6 (6tp) => Lightning Rune 7/10(11tp)

Plus Rune Flare 7/10. Sheesh, she's very minimalist actually. I probably going to take Galvanic Rune later on.

I take that it wasn't such a good idea to put all those point in Glacier Rune ? :p

Still awesome spell.

Not that it's a bad idea but I prioritised getting all the first rune spells to half, then max skill points since it increases both the damage reduction from elemental attacks since 50~75% damage reduction from an element is epic AND boosts the relevant elemental damage. While keeping overall tp costs of offensive skills low. But I also had the benefit of running 3 Runemasters so each could max out one basic Rune very early.