Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

Well, since my entire team that would be transferred over (minus the NPCs) are basically at their maximum already I suppose the F.O.E. grinding wouldn't affect me personally, it might just look awkward on the guild card. So in other words, it's basically guaranteed I'll get the glitch if I start new game+?

Probably. People don't know exactly what causes that glitch but NG+ is certainly related to it.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably. People don't know exactly what causes that glitch but NG+ is certainly related to it.

Sounds like a pain, but as long as it's not game-breaking (unlike the other glitch that's apparently associated with EO4) I suppose I'll deal.

Also, that one quest in EO:U where you're required to spend five days in B8F is one of the worst quests ever. Good thing story mode lets you cheat and sleep through the night.

That NG+ glitch sounds rather but I wonder if it would matter all that much if you've already gotten all the stuff from them or just level grinding. First time I've heard of it though. Doesn't seem to be very well understood so I'm still wary about starting NG+ myself now.

I haven't heard a lot about the glitch other than what I already know, but seems it messes up your "days ventured" number so that it increases at a faster rate than it should or gets ridiculously large. Unlike a certain other EO4 glitch I heard of, it doesn't seem to be game-breaking so if you've already gotten everything you wanted in the game the only problem it would cause is that it wouldn't look nice.

Edited by Sunwoo

EO:U is starting to piss me off for the sole reason that approximately 2/5 of my party members like to miss approximately 50% of the time.

In classic mode my landsknecht and protector had a habit of missing half of the time, no matter what weapon I tried to equip them with, and in story mode Simon and Raquna like to miss about half the things they attack. WHY.

Grinding for specific items needed for quest completion is also stupid.

Edited by Sunwoo

Are there any story in the EO games?

Bare bones kind of story. You just set up a Guild and pick the classes and portraits you like and explore the labyrinth and try not to die horribly when doing mandatory quests, quests, gathering items, level grinding, wonder why some enemies have similar features, get to the 5th labyrinth for the tweest.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 and 2 have a Story mode with preset characters.

I'm not sure about EO:U but in EOII my Gunner always misses, so when I need him to be doing 100% damage I leg bind the enemy, and it gives my Gunner 100% accuracy. Sort of morbid to think about, tying someone down and unloading on them, but hey whatever works.

Haven't played EO2 yet, but Frederica in EO:U is actually not too bad at hitting for me. Maybe a hit rate of about 80%+. Although I just gave Simon a staff and he's better at hitting things now. Maybe swords are just inaccurate as fuck in EO:U?

Agility and luck help. Maybe level? I might be confusing SMT and EO for the level thing.

Besides, EO2 has some funky ass agility modifier for some weapon types too.

x3 from whips which Dark Hunters totally need.

x2 from sword.

x1 or x0.5 from the rest except this one post game staff that any staff using class should use except War Magus because they have swords.

And some generic ULTIMATE weapons with no bonus stats have a terrible modifier.

I just beat EO:U on story mode. Yes!

[spoiler=Big postgame spoilers. No, seriously.]I just wish the Core was as easy to fight in classic mode, lol.

With my units, it always seems to be my Protector (Aegeus) that misses things. Both with Swords and Axes. Maybe Axes are inaccurate as hell and should bed dequipped from her?

Just beat EO4 storyline boss this morning

I pulled Ignition like, at least 3 if not 4 time during that boss

That is definitely too long of a fight

Edited by Thor Odinson

I used one too since the boss was kicking my ass anyway. Imperial/Runemaster is pretty great but I just stuck with the Chaser set up party after that fight.

With my units, it always seems to be my Protector (Aegeus) that misses things. Both with Swords and Axes. Maybe Axes are inaccurate as hell and should bed dequipped from her?

In classic mode, both my protector AND landsknecht missed too much regardless of what they were equipped with. At EVERY level. I think they're just inaccurate.

EDIT: I love the imperial class and their design as well, but I decided to use my default team instead of using the imperial in the final boss fight. Besides

[spoiler=MAJOR EO4 SPOILERS]I didn't think my imperials would enjoy fighting against their former prince very much :P:

Edited by Sunwoo

I'd have to grind my pre-imperial team up for that fight if i didn't haha

and I definitely appreciate the 1k+ damage whenever I get a drive off, with Ignition it's pretty good ocurrence really

on the note about the spoiler fight though

[spoiler=EO4 pre-final bossfight]

So at one point I fucked up, I let Princeydude get an Overdrive on me, my team was left with only Bushi and Fortress both on very low HP, everyone else died

They sacrificed themselves to get a revive on my Medic, and at one point Medic was the only member of my team left standing

Medic brought Fort back with respectable HP to tank for him (thanks to a high revive level) and eventually, while princey is on CD from Overdrive, managed to revive the entire team and get my team to full health full functions again

Then I managed to pull my Ignition on his ass and finished him off my own glorious Overdrive

I think that's beautiful

Edited by Thor Odinson

Does everyone use Imperials for that fight? >_>

My team was Fortress/Dancer Runemasterx3 (all equal exp due to my compulsion) throughout the game from the start so no, not everyone uses Imperials for that fight :P:

I used a various combination of teams once I finished the game and re-fought all the bosses, but my "main" team consisted of a landsknecht/runemaster, dancer/landsknecht, medic/fortress, runemaster/medic, and sniper/nightseeker.

Also, I hate farming for items in EO:U.