Etrian Odyssey

Sunwoo

that's pretty evil and dishonourable for a highlander to condone murdering everything in its sleep.

If they wanted to live, they shouldn't have taken a nap in the middle of the hall. :P:

'sides, Arthur wanted revenge on the camels, and since no one could see what they bumped into, everything was eradicated.

I found a solution to being overleveled - resting. I'm back down to level 28, and am about to start the 10th floor. This'll be interesting.

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B10's boss fight (on expert) was the hardest one for me to beat (only optional boss I fought was the Golem though). I ended resting everyone but Simon and Raquna to change their skill setups up a bit. And I think I may have equipped bash protection on my dudes, which might have required some farming (I don't really remember that well).

EDIT-I think I'm gonna skip on EOU2.

Edited by Severlan

Fought the 23F boss in EO2. Thank god for dominate and the game giving you Axcellas at that point.

I've also been watching a playthrough of EO2U and the 5th stratum looks beautiful in comparison to EO2's 5th stratum obnoxious yellow.

B10's boss fight (on expert) was the hardest one for me to beat (only optional boss I fought was the Golem though). I ended resting everyone but Simon and Raquna to change their skill setups up a bit. And I think I may have equipped bash protection on my dudes, which might have required some farming (I don't really remember that well).

EDIT-I think I'm gonna skip on EOU2.

I'm a filthy casual who's playing this on normal. Because I managed to seal the boss' head, I didn't have too many problems (Defender OP).

I always tend to end up overleveled playing this series (as I love completing the quests). I remember that, by B17/8 in Etrian Odyssey Untold, all 5 of my characters were level 51? My characters are level 65 or 66 now and I've just reached B27.

I always tend to end up overleveled playing this series (as I love completing the quests). I remember that, by B17/8 in Etrian Odyssey Untold, all 5 of my characters were level 51? My characters are level 65 or 66 now and I've just reached B27.

I don't think 65-66 is overleveled for B27...but it could be I suck.

Actually, what difficulty are you on? That makes a difference too. On casual Cerunnos (sp?), for example, apparently does like 40-60 damage with his strongest attacks, which is really really low.

I don't think 65-66 is overleveled for B27...but it could be I suck.

Actually, what difficulty are you on? That makes a difference too. On casual Cerunnos (sp?), for example, apparently does like 40-60 damage with his strongest attacks, which is really really low.

I was on easy + being overleveled= I've only had 2 Gameovers, and they were both caused by a multitude of Essence Drainers. Even the final boss was easier than those damned bat things. :(

does anyone ells that EO2U will take Persona Q's map making improvements or just use EOU's map making system.

It takes more of Persona Q's map making but with less babying.

There are tiles and icons that have an "on and off" setting on them. Chest will have an open and close icon, gathering points will glow or dim if they can still be farmed and two way shortcuts will now glow gold if you've activated it. If you put a chest icon where you've opened a chest then the icon will change accordingly. These aren't specific to their own spaces like in PQ though, you can put a chest where you've activated a two way shortcut and it will have the opened chest icon.

There's also 8 different colours and you can fill the entire map with icons.

I was on easy + being overleveled= I've only had 2 Gameovers, and they were both caused by a multitude of Essence Drainers. Even the final boss was easier than those damned bat things. :(

I mostly was able to avoid game overs on non-bosses, but petaloid types are awful. They can sleep your entire party and do a pretty devastating attack that hits everybody.

I mostly was able to avoid game overs on non-bosses, but petaloid types are awful. They can sleep your entire party and do a pretty devastating attack that hits everybody.

Petaloids suck. At least we can say good night to them... ;)

Just finished the 5th stratum boss of EO2. It was a really fun battle unlike colossus.

Now I'm onto 6th stratum madness and finishing all the quest that I didn't finish while doing the main story...

I'm going to be doing quest for a long time.

UPDATE I FUCKED UP THE LIZARD FINALLY THANKS OBAMA

except now I'm stuck on the 4th Labyrinth boss rip me

is the Cradle Guardian immune to Poison? if not then I've been fucking up the entire time and I need to just bork it with Venom Throw.

Nightstalker is still a disgustingly strong class all around.

UPDATE I FUCKED UP THE LIZARD FINALLY THANKS OBAMA

except now I'm stuck on the 4th Labyrinth boss rip me

is the Cradle Guardian immune to Poison? if not then I've been fucking up the entire time and I need to just bork it with Venom Throw.

Nightstalker is still a disgustingly strong class all around.

It started off with a weakness to physical attacks. But then it switches head, which changes it's weaknesses. Then:

If the head is blue, I think it is weak to ice attacks.

If the head is red, I think it is weak to fire attacks.

If the head is yellow, I think it is weak to volt attacks.

Also- for the final boss- please, please, please get as many Amrita IIs as you possibly can. (This may involve a couple of hours waiting for the take points on BF2 of the Echoing library to respawn. Waterlily leaves are what you need to get Amrita IIs.) I didn't have enough the first time, and I was decimated.

Also- for the final boss- please, please, please get as many Amrita IIs as you possibly can. (This may involve a couple of hours waiting for the take points on BF2 of the Echoing library to respawn. Waterlily leaves are what you need to get Amrita IIs.) I didn't have enough the first time, and I was decimated.

Could try subbing Runemaster for % chance to ignore spending TP...allowed me to blast Origin Rune after Origin Rune when I needed it more than the third Volt spell. I'm a hoarder who keeps potions unused believing I might 'need' it in the future.

Could try subbing Runemaster for % chance to ignore spending TP...allowed me to blast Origin Rune after Origin Rune when I needed it more than the third Volt spell. I'm a hoarder who keeps potions unused believing I might 'need' it in the future.

Runemaster was my main.... And had maxed out free energy. Still ran out of TP... I then decided to horde Amrita IIs, had around 49 when I took on the final boss. Only used 7 of them... ;)

I have a weird habit of not using items, and instead just putting them all in my storage. It's kind of ridiculous. Anyway … against the main story final boss I think I just over-leveled my team so that they would hit hard and not run out of TP while doing so. Against the postgame final boss, I believe I brought along some amritas and stuff for the first fight or two, but then I figured out how to go against him without items. Well, the chemical version at least.

And now, in EO3 news: fuck sea wanderers.

No, no, never do this. Just exit the dungeon with an ariadne thread or whatever and go back and sleep at the inn till the next morning. Much faster, though still kind of a bother.

No, no, never do this. Just exit the dungeon with an ariadne thread or whatever and go back and sleep at the inn till the next morning. Much faster, though still kind of a bother.

That's what I meant. I still don't know why I wrote that....?

That's what I meant. I still don't know why I wrote that....?

Lol. Don't worry about it.

I'm playing Etrian Untold and my characters seem to max out at 70. Is the cap higher?

I'm almost completely sure that there's a trio of elemental bosses after the final boss of the main game who can bump your level cap by 10 each, to a max of 99 or 100. But they're kinda tough. I haven't fought them in untold, but they're returning postgame bosses in other games, and in iii and iv they boost your level cap.

Edited by Severlan

Lol. Don't worry about it.

I'm almost completely sure that there's a trio of elemental bosses after the final boss of the main game who can bump your level cap by 10 each, to a max of 99 or 100. But they're kinda tough. I haven't fought them in untold, but they're returning postgame bosses in other games, and in iii and iv they boost your level cap.

I have killed the Storm Emperor, and yes, it does raise the level cap by 10 levels. I tried to kill the ice dragon thing... Failed rather epically... I dunno where the Fire Dragon thing is....

I have killed the Storm Emperor, and yes, it does raise the level cap by 10 levels. I tried to kill the ice dragon thing... Failed rather epically... I dunno where the Fire Dragon thing is....

Here's some weak advice on how to find it:

The fire dragon displaces the wyvern on floor 7 or 8 (can't remember which) during a quest. You probably unlock the quest by progressing further into Claret Hollows or completing other tavern quests. I would think that if you can fight the ice and lightning dragons, the fire dragon quests should be showing up as well...