Nostalgia and Feels Thread.

Guys I don't think I should be having nostalgia at this point in my life. Playing Mother 1 and 3 really gave me a lot of feels and the songs too, Pollyanna and Love Theme especially.

For you older users, talk about what gives you nostalgia. Feel worthy moments are discussed here too.

Edited by Rabbattack

It's okay to nostalgic over things

SPOILER: I get nostalgic of the first time I played Etrian Odyssey when I play the game

When ever I use the 8-bit sound thing-a-ma-whosit in Heart Gold I get nostalgic 'cause Gold was the first mainline Pokemon game I've played

When I see gameplay videos of F-Zero X I get nostalgic of the time when I first played it as a kid and I was all, 'Okay, don't be a wimp, being afraid to blow up is for SISSIES' because in the original the explosions scared me and made me feel bad so I only raced in practice mode and because of X F-Zero became my favorite racing series ever

I sometimes get nostalgic about Poliwag because a Poliwag card was the first Pokemon anything I owned

A Leafeon I had since Diamond and Pearl were hip and new makes me nostalgic because he was the first Pokemon I got to level 100

Dude people in their 80's and 90's get nostalgia. Its completely natural whether you're reminising about being younger or the things you used to enjoy and looking upon them fondly. The key is to just not get stuck there and realize that there are great times ahead of you as well and to keep experiencing and enjoying life. Who knows maybe someone will make a Mother 4 or Mother 3 will get localized. Look forward to things like that.

My most nostagic title is hands down Ocarina of Time it was the first game I actually played seriously as a kid and man just seeing a world like that and the epic moments like pulling the master sword was just golden. That being said I've enjoyed the hell out of all the games in the Zelda franchise released since.

Dude people in their 80's and 90's get nostalgia. Its completely natural whether you're reminising about being younger or the things you used to enjoy and looking upon them fondly. The key is to just not get stuck there and realize that there are great times ahead of you as well and to keep experiencing and enjoying life. Who knows maybe someone will make a Mother 4 or Mother 3 will get localized. Look forward to things like that.

My most nostagic title is hands down Ocarina of Time it was the first game I actually played seriously as a kid and man just seeing a world like that and the epic moments like pulling the master sword was just golden. That being said I've enjoyed the hell out of all the games in the Zelda franchise released since.

It's not just the average nostalgia I'm having. What I'm getting is a sense of "Universal Nostalgia" applicable to every situation. No matter how old or how much life experience someone has, universal nostalgia can effect all people.

It's not just the average nostalgia I'm having. What I'm getting is a sense of "Universal Nostalgia" applicable to every situation. No matter how old or how much life experience someone has, universal nostalgia can effect all people.

Yeah I feel ya that's kinda the point I was trying to make. The best you can do is just look forward to the future and reflect on times past fondly. I mean sure you'll have those moments that remind you about something in the past you liked but view that as a positive thing.

I had a nostalgia bomb when playing Majora's Mask 3DS. Its nostalgic as hell, but also new and exciting. Im feeling all those Majora's Mask feels all over again as if it were the first time experience them. Yet its all so familiar. Has it really been 15 years since that game has been out? Doesnt feel like it.

I'm not sure if this was implied by the op, but there is no age requirement for nostalgic feelings.

anyway, I have nostalgia for Shining Force and Phantasy Star on the Genesis... really there's a lot of things that trigger the nostalgia.

like dying a lot and learning different ways to do whatever the situation called for

I'm not sure if this was implied by the op, but there is no age requirement for nostalgic feelings.

anyway, I have nostalgia for Shining Force and Phantasy Star on the Genesis... really there's a lot of things that trigger the nostalgia.

Pretty much, whenever I replay SNES/Genesis era games, i nostalgia hard because I own/owned most of them if they were NoA released, (at least all of the good ones) so it just brings me back 20 years or so.

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasys 1-3/mystic quest

Dragon Warrior

Tales of _

Phantasy Star 2&4

Shining Force 1&2, and Sword of Hajya

Illusions of Gaia

Earthbound

Super Mario RPG

Mario Kart

Super Mario World

Aladdin (Genesis)

Beyond Oasis

Vectorman

F-Zero

Pkmn Blue

Just to name a few.

N64 and Playstation games give me generally the same feel, like the LoZ games, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mischief Makers, Ape Escape, Parappa the Rapper...I could go on and on

And last but probably most is Ragnarok Online. I literally became a dad because of that game, but I had so much fun pre- and post- fatherhood

I get nostalgia if I do anything that I did before I became a parent, pretty hard. I look back on something that I was in a life I grew up from, and it just reminds me of the youth I still have inside of me

The feels man.

Plenty of games give me nostalgia moments. It doesn't have to be a very old game.

I started playing Blizzard of Faith & Revenge(Touhou RPG) and got to a area that started playing stage 1 Contra music. I nostalgia hard when I heard the title screen of Contra playing. Also another area had Castlevania Bloody Tears for the battle music. Really enjoying this game with all the humor.

Also just be glad youre not a cynical douche.

I'm sorry if you thought I came off as a douche. My post isn't directed at the user above me or anyone else here. I was just posting my feel worthy moment playing Blizzard of Faith & Revenge. It's not a old game but gave me lots of nostalgia moments of my childhood.

When the game started talking about Contra old NES game. The famous Konami code(up up down down left right left right BABA) to navigate the maze. Also one of the character in game is talking about beating the game with one life which gave me nostalgia moments of my childhood when I beat the game for the first time with one life. Just felt this was a good feel worthy moment for me to share.

Pretty much, whenever I replay SNES/Genesis era games, i nostalgia hard because I own/owned most of them if they were NoA released, (at least all of the good ones) so it just brings me back 20 years or so.

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasys 1-3/mystic quest

Dragon Warrior

Tales of _

Phantasy Star 2&4

Shining Force 1&2, and Sword of Hajya

Illusions of Gaia

Earthbound

Super Mario RPG

Mario Kart

Super Mario World

Aladdin (Genesis)

Beyond Oasis

Vectorman

F-Zero

Pkmn Blue

Just to name a few.

N64 and Playstation games give me generally the same feel, like the LoZ games, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mischief Makers, Ape Escape, Parappa the Rapper...I could go on and on

And last but probably most is Ragnarok Online. I literally became a dad because of that game, but I had so much fun pre- and post- fatherhood

I get nostalgia if I do anything that I did before I became a parent, pretty hard. I look back on something that I was in a life I grew up from, and it just reminds me of the youth I still have inside of me

The feels man.

You've even played Vectorman and Beyond Oasis?

We've played too much of the same things, although did you not like Phantasy Star 3?

Also adding, I've gotten nostagic for the sounds effects of Phantasy Star 4, I think those might be some of the best sounds effects I've heard in gaming o:

Edited by Soledai

You've even played Vectorman and Beyond Oasis?

We've played too much of the same things, although did you not like Phantasy Star 3?

Of course~ I own the carts, though they're in storage so I should dig them up soon

And yea, I couldn't get a feel for PS3, though I could never really pin down why. I think the kids system was too weird for me at an early age.

Also adding, I've gotten nostagic for the sounds effects of Phantasy Star 4, I think those might be some of the best sounds effects I've heard in gaming o:

Alys in Zio's Tower...the feels man

Of course~ I own the carts, though they're in storage so I should dig them up soon

And yea, I couldn't get a feel for PS3, though I could never really pin down why. I think the kids system was too weird for me at an early age.

Nice, I remember I was supposed to get Vectorman as a gift or something, but I think I was misbehaving and didn't so I went into my old lady's closet and made off with it... I don't remember what happened to my copy of Beyond Oasis...

How about now, still can't? I admit that was one of the things that made me interested in it. And the music, partly

Alys in Zio's Tower...the feels man

Too many were had, even now actually.